(PP-F7) A Friend Like Me <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>> (Teion, Hestia, Kimi)

Teion's blood ran hot with a quickened pulse at Hestia's exclamation. Her eyes shot up to meet the tank's, and she bristled with visible anger. Her feet quickly slid down to the floor and she picked herself up, taking half a step towards the woman that sat opposite her. "Don't pretend that you know him!" She shouted. "Do you feel unsafe around me? Because I'm unstable?!" She thrust her hand to the center of her chest while she glowered at Hestia. A second later her free hand curled and she pointed an index finger straight out to her side. "The people out there, like those assassins? Kidnappers, murderers? The ones that do it for fun? The rules don't apply to them here."

"He risks his life to keep the rest of us safe from monsters like them." She growled through clenched teeth, volume lowering as she began to back off from her defensive outburst. Her arms lowered back to her sides, but the violette still stood upright. "I'll tell you whatever you wanna know about me. Criticize me all you want, but leave him out of it."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimi sat quietly listening contently to what Teion had to say. Just as she heard about who the person was that saved her Hestia burst out into a angry voice saying that he was a murderer. This caught Kimi by surprise as she thought all the tensions in the air have already subsided. Kimi's eyes widened a little bit from that sudden outburst and following that Teion also had her moment trying to explain herself. All of this was a bit much for her and Kimi stood up just in case something were to happen and said. "Hestia!" She said with a stern voice. Kimi was uncomfortable that she thought, just when everything was going smoothly another confrontation arose from the story. "Just let her speak.... Please." Kimi said raising her voice, but calming down right after. Kimi was nervous as she really tried to avoid anymore fight within their group, but Kimi understood at the angle Hestia was speaking. "Hestia you're right, but there's a lot more to it than we think and even then Teion does have a point. This Aereth person that Teion mentioned isn't going around killing players for fun or doing other unspeakable things." Kimi tried her best to reason while the two were in the heat of the conversation. "Sure its bad, but if any of us were caught in a situation where you had to deal with another player to save your friend, wouldn't you do something drastic." Kimi paused for a moment to let that sink in before looking back at Hestia and then the rest of the group before continuing. "I know the answer... Just a moment ago we we're trying to fight those bandits earlier. If Noodle didn't save me then... What would you do?" Kimi said this while choking on her own voice for a moment trying not to think of the unspeakable. Kimi looked back at Teion with sorrow and solemn in her eyes and spoke in calm manner like before, "Everyone has there reasons, but we're not here to judge you. We're here to help you." Kimi looked back at Hestia with the same look before sitting back down, "Lets just have Teion finish before we say anything more. I sure she will explain eventually at the end." Kimi looked back at Teion as to confirm is what she was saying was right.

Where Hestia seemed dead set on getting the truth from Teion, Kimi merely was trying to calm the situation and console Teion. A true case of good cop-bad cop in Jomei's eyes. The man merely sat there, giving most of his focus to Teion, who worked to explain more of the story of what exactly happened. A similar situation had happened with Ryo, Spencer, and herself, one of which all three of the players came out alive. Must not have been that big of a deal if we weren't called in to help I suppose.. Jomei thought to himself, placing a hand on his chin. The violette's story also told a little bit more about Ryo as well, and that he was more of the hero character than he had expected.

Teion did not seem to quickly forget Kimi's initial question however, about who the man was that had saved her. A familiar name caused his eyes to widen a bit, but not only the name, but his relationship with the girl. Before Jomei could say anything, Hestia's voice carried over the crackling fire, questioning Teion's sanity for letting herself get to close to an orange player. Jomei's eyes shot to Teion, who was quick to snap back at Hestia for bringing her apparent boyfriend into this. As Kimi worked to calm down Hestia, Jomei reached a hand forward, his finger's gently curling around Teion's wrist. "She just wants to protect everyone... unlike some of us, she has a much rasher view of orange players.." he spoke softly, only to Teion as he tried to calm her.

"Aereth may have quite a few kills under his belt and may sometimes rely on.. unorthodox methods, but you cannot be quick to judge him." Jomei placed a hand on his chest, "I've met Aereth before.. and even though he wears the orange crystal of a player killer, his heart is in the right place. Obviously he has saved Teion here before, he was also under an oath from Beatbox to find and keep Telrenya safe.. which he has done so so far." Jomei's gaze shifted to Hestia, olive eyes locking with blue, "Hestia, you should know that just because someone has killed a player.. it doesn't mean its with malicious intent.. A lot of times, it is for defense of oneself, and others... I'm sure you remember what happened on the Ninth Floor.."

I glare at the purple haired girl and goes to say something before quickly hearing her name in a stern tone of voice and looks towards kimi. At hearing Kimi's words i shake my head. How do we know he isn't doing just that? We're not around him when he goes on his kills, or at least i haven't before. For all i know he could be as bad as bad as laughing coffin. i say as i look around the group, and then just takes a sigh of frustration and sits back down as i look at the purple haired girl knowing i am out numbered, and out spokened about this situation.When asked by Kimi what i would do i bite my lip ever so slightly. I would spend lots of time hunting that player that would have killed any of my friends. I am sure that i would spend lots of time trying to make sure anyone involved would have payed. I say softly just loud enough for everyone to hear. I then look towards Jomei as he mentions that he has met this Aereth guy and is giving him a good word in. I look towards Jomei, and Teion as i look towards the two. Then please just explain why Aereth has the highest kill count according to the monument? And i know Jomei that killing isn't in just for fun, or pleasure. That it is also done for self defense i remember that moment quite vividly. I say glancing towards the ground at the end the memory of a player shattering before my eyes replaying within my mind.

After a bit something clicks within my mind. Waaaait. Why would this beatbox tell Aereth to keep Telrenya safe? Does Telrenya know this beatbox person? I ask Jomei curiously as i open up my inventory and takes out a notebook and a pen ready to write down what you say as i smile. My personal account of the stories of Aincrad. I am willing to revise what i know of people if you can tell me about them. So far for Aereth i only have mass murdering person, and for Beatbox some person that played the hero type. I don't know anything about him at all. I want to learn as much as i can about what happened while i was to scared to leave the first floor. I say as i look at the two players that seem to have more experience then myself.

Teion glared right back, meeting Hestia's gaze without any intent of backing down as she first gave a rebuttal filled with doubt. Even after Kimi took the initiative to play peacemaker for the second time, the raven-haired tank still seemed hesitant to back down from her accusations. She felt the careful touch of Jomei's hand around her wrist, causing her to pull her sharp gaze away from the woman across from her. She stared at Jomei now, not nearly as harshly, but with a faint, lingering resentment towards Hestia's reaction and criticism. She exhaled, calming a bit now that the other two players had intervened before they had grown any more heated. Jomei then went so far as to vouch for Aereth himself, which was unexpected, but appreciated. During his explanation, however, two other usernames were spoken, and Teion was reminded of the same explanation she'd been given from the brunette himself.

She frowned, and her attention turned back to Hestia who had long since backed down and returned to her seat. Teion sighed with a touch of remaining irritation before doing the same, pulling her right knee up as she nestled back into the corner of the burgundy couch. She watched as Hestia drew what looked like a small journal from her inventory, and Teion scoffed. "Such wonderful and accurate labels you have for them." She noted harshly with plenty of sarcasm. "I'm not telling you anything about why he did the things he has. If you actually want to learn anything about the man, why don't you get to know him yourself. If you can get over the color of the cursor over his head." She was harsh, probably more than she needed to be, but she was stubborn and wanted to prove a point. She was so tired of the 'brand of an evil person' that was orange cursors.

She drew in a breath through her nose, closing her eyes a moment and letting out a small sigh to calm herself. The adrenaline that caused her heart to beat faster was very slowly subsiding, and so she continued speaking from a different angle. "I knew Beatbox. Dated him, too." She started, the corner of her mouth twisting into a wry smile. She looked over to Jomei for a moment, first to confirm a few details. "That's the sister, right? Telrenya? Aereth told me about her."

"Beatbox mentioned her once, but I never knew anything besides the fact that she existed." Teion shrugged it off, turning back to her memories of the blonde swordsman. "Beatbox... He was odd. When we met, I knew right away he was a way higher level than me. We did a quest together and he handled it like nothing." She still disliked that--getting carried, receiving handouts; such things never sat well with her. She shrugged again, her story becoming more blunt the more she thought about it. "I guess he just liked me. I... After what happened between me and some other friends, I wasn't eager to find more. Or a boyfriend, for that matter. But he was stubborn, about as much as I am." Her eyes dropped to the floor again as she reached a quick end to the story of their time together. She paused, but then looked back up to Jomei. "You said you met him. The guy who killed Beatbox." She recalled pieces of their short conversation from the previous day. "You don't have to tell me, but...I'm curious on what he had to say about the whole thing." She admitted, shifting her sight away again. She swallowed, remembering full well the day that she had found out the news herself. "I...had two sources. A guy named Shield, a...friend of mine, showed up to my shop one day." She seemed to hesitate for a moment, unsure of how to classify hers and the man's relationship. "Said he wanted to check up on me. And of course I had no idea what he meant." Another wry smile, and a hand found its way to the side of her head. Teion's elbow rested against her propped up leg as her fingers weaved through violet locks. "And then I found the stuff he left at my shop." She swallowed, feeling the lump that was steadily forming in her throat. "A couple of gemstones from a quest chain we were doing together. A sword. And, a recording crystal. Uhm," She was hesitating again, the fire from her earlier outburst long gone. After a couple seconds of thought, Teion let out a frustrated scowl. "Ahh, f*ck it." She mumbled, opening her inventory with her free hand. She retrieved the crystal in question, the black diamond appearing in her palm. With its activation, the item gave off a soft golden glow while it hovered in the air, and a new voice took over for her.

"Hey Thea, I know this is sad news for you to hear and while our relationship is still fresh... there is something I just have to do. I have heard about activity from a suspicious target and some 'Horsemen' the other day... He was said to be ridiculously powerful. I must try to make this place safe like I had promised everyone. In the morning, if you don't see me in your friends list... well, expect me to be dead...

Thea, I want you to promise me something. Never stray from what you know is right, never kill without reason. Never become as dead as I am, emotionally at least. Thea, I love you. Nothing will change that. But this is just something that needs to happen. I'm sorry... again, I- I love you..."

She must have heard that message over a dozen times by now. Even so, she had to pull her hand away from holding the side of her head in order to hastily wipe away beading tears of frustration that formed at the corners of her eyes. The crystal's light gave out, and it fell back into her palm as gravity took it over again, signaling its end. Teion gently gnawed at the skin of her bottom lip before she gave a fleeting glance back to Jomei, repeating something she had said more off-handedly earlier. "He knew what he was doing. At least, the way I see it."

The fire in the inn crackled ever so silently under the tension that was in the air between the distraught players who were piecing together Teion's story. Most of this was very hard to swallow and Kimi had to forcefully stop herself a handful of times from interrupting what Teion was saying. She didn't make eye contact nor place her head down as to show she wasn't paying attention. She sat still staring forward in a trance analyzing and putting together all that she understood and heard while keeping in mind that they were dealing with something bigger than them. She placed her hands together clenching both into a ball letting her nails dig into her skin as she thought long and hard about how to respond to all of this. Kimi knew what she was getting herself into, but some of her felt she bit off more than she can chew. Despite that, Kimi kept on to help as she already gave her word that she wanted to of assistance to Teion. From time to time during their whole conversation Kimi would throw glances back and forth between whomever was speaking and listening to catch the slightest hint of realization or familiarization of the names thrown about. "Beatbox, Aereth, Sheild, and even Telrenya..." Kimi said in her mind keeping a mental note of these names. She disregarded the harsh backtalk that Teion was giving as it was really just a minor thing and provoking one another won't accomplish anything. Kimi really tried to figure out the bigger mystery of things like whom exactly is Aereth and whats his backstory. Also the mention of an oath between Beatbox and Aereth to keep their guild mom safe made more questions pop up. Not to mention who was Beatbox since Jomei and Teion seemed to have shared a similar understanding of whom that is.

After the message that Teion played ended, silence took the scene only leaving the night life of the city and the crackle of the dying fire to fill the ominous cold atmosphere. Kimi finally broke her trance, tilted her head back, and stared into the cracks in the wood ceiling. What did all of these names even mean to her she thought as she classified each and everyone of the names mentioned."Lets start with what I know." Kimi pondered to herself as she placed her hand conveniently under her chin to think as she furrowed her brows and nibbled on her bottom lip. "Telrenya is our guild mom and apparently blood siblings of this Beatbox character. Aereth currently holds the most player kills, but he far from what it seems, almost like a protector of sorts. The bandits did mention payback which could mean that either Beatbox or Aereth had something to do with it, maybe even both. Since both of them have a sort of guardian role they play." Kimi started to get a bit frustrated herself at how much was going on, but this didn't phase her from not helping. 

Kimi felt as if sometime has already passed and soon daylight may break the night. Though the group practically have been out all night she didn't feel any fatigue considering being thrown from one situation to the next in this series of emotional events. She looked back at Teion with a plain, but sad solemn expression and in a calm and sincere tone said, "Thank you for sharing that with us." Kimi let that appreciation sit in the silence for a bit before she stood up and approached Teion. She knew that there was tension still in the air and quite a bit of explanation to be had, but one thing was for sure. Teion had been through a lot, more than she herself would want to experience or probably would never experience. Kimi shifted her glance from Teion the the floor before going to her side and managing a slight hug. Though Kimi knew that her actions were probably not the best in the situation at the moment. She knew that in a time like this, after explaining near everything and having to forcefully break her shell open and take down some walls. The person right beside her, Teion, needed a hug. "How long has she been shouldering all of this? How long has she kept to herself and never let people get close." Kimi thought. She said in a soft, but in a stern caring tone, "You need this." And began to embrace her. 

Though her actions were out of place, she knew that it should help a bit. Kimi nearly caught herself tearing up into a cry as held her running over the thoughts of how long Teion must've kept this to herself. As she thought she steeled  herself from crying. She felt a light burn cover her eyes before feeling the warmth of a tear roll down her cheek. Kimi then mustered up a broken voice and said, "And here I thought you were someone searching to get stronger to protect yourself, but you seemed to be the strongest already when holding onto everything you went through." Kimi paused for a moment to wipe away her own tear before continuing. "It must've been hard for you to hold on to all of these things, just keeping them to yourself and not let anyone get close... B-but its alright now, you can let go and relax a little because you have us now." Kimi pulled back and pat Teion on the head giving a very cheerful smile to ease the mood. "Maybe its just about time to have someone care for you since it seems you've always taken care of yourself." Kimi looked down at the floor for a moment to think back. "You know... Not once have I heard you ask for help... and this is probably because you want to keep it all to yourself, but its alright to ask you know." Kimi looked back at Jomei and Hestia before saying. "This is what we here all stand for. To help those in need in need."

The tension in the air died down as each of the female players returned to their original seats, Jomei letting out a nearly silent sigh of relief through his nostrils. With one last question of Aereth's true intention, doubting the faith that Jomei and Teion had put in the man, Jomei shot her a quick stern glance. His eyes did the talking for him, letting her know that now was not the time to dwell on the man's dark past, and to focus on what it was that the violette wanted to tell them. In the end though, she seemed to retreat back and simply listened. 

Jomei watched Teion's face as she searched her feelings for where to begin, deciding first to solidify her past relationship with Beatbox, that it was on a romantic level, rather than simply acquaintances. As Telrenya's name was brought up, with the question of her relation to Beatbox attached, Jomei nodded his head. "Yeah, Telrenya is her username. Though I'm aware that he did not know her username upon the game's start, so he probably used her real name.. or simply just mentioned that he had a sister. I'm sure Aereth told you more about her though." The girl went on to talk about the time her and James had spent together, how they met, how the relationship formed. Her story seemed to stop midway, however, as she brought her focus back to Jomei. The curious girl asked about his meeting with James' killer, his meeting with Death Adder. The ginger hesitantly nodded, though he kept the words that Death Adder had told him about his encounter with the blonde swordsman to himself for now, letting the girl continue her story, which ended with her taking out a small recording crystal.

Bringing the object to life with a tap of her finger, a vaguely familiar voice sounded out. Jomei pulled his gaze away from the crystal as it gently bobbed in Teion's palm, the words that Beatbox had recorded making Jomei's heart sink in his chest. Once the crystal fell back into her hands with the conclusion of Beatbox's goodbye message, Teion expressed that she felt the blonde knew what he was getting himself into.. and knew he was going to die. Jomei slowly nodded again, "Yeah... That's what.. he said.." Jomei started, referencing back to his meeting with the man's killer. "When he showed up.. he revealed to Telrenya that Beatbox had been looking for her.. and that he was the one to kill him." Olive eyes finally found their way back to Teion's, "He also thought the same thing.. that he was suicidal for trying to hunt him down... F*ck.." Jomei cursed under his breath, his face falling into the palms of his hands, "She was just coming to terms with his murder.. if she finds out all of this.. that he may have been suicidal and knew that the hell he was doing.. She would be a wreck. But..."   his gaze picked up again, staring at the ground past his hands, "Maybe... it would put her mind a bit more at ease.. if she heard that crystal as well." 

After sharing his own bits of information about the topic, Kimi pieced her own information together.. and rather than adding her own accounts of information, which Jomei doubted she had any that he did not know, she instead decided to console Teion. Jomei's eyes widened when he realized how true Kimi's words were.. Teion was carrying all of this weight.. All what had happened before aside, she had lost a boyfriend to a psychopathic murderer, got into some trouble to be saved by Aereth, and was now being hunted down by some player killers as some form of revenge for something. Not once had Teion wanted to open up about this, nor did she break down or show any signs of weakness. "Kimi's right.. We are all here for you. As much as you might not want to pass all of this off to anyone else, we are all here for you." he chuckled, "And even though you weren't eager to look for any more friends.. well.. I can tell you that you've at least made one." the man said, shining her a genuine smile. 

I roll my eyes ever so slightly at Teion's words. None of these labels are accurate, and never will be accurate till i learn all that there is to know about those two individuals Th..Teion. I say hesitating on saying the girl's presumed real name. Not wishing to do so since even i can recognize that is a right that can only be given, and not something that someone can take for themselves after hearing the name. Anyhow i would looove to talk to this Aereth, but finding him seems to be one of the hardest things to do. Doesn't help that the shop that you think could be easy to find him instead is always closed seemingly. I say towards the violette with a calm and collected look towards her. Then quickly shutting up as i can see Jomei's look towards me. His eyes telling the whole story of how he feels as i just listen as the rest of them talk. Figuring anymore sas, or backtalk is not wanted or needed by this point or even wanted in this conversation.

As Teion goes to tell her story i just simply write down things that i hear that i think could be useful to know when looking back on this Beatbox like person listing off some traits that i could find from the explanation of his person. Definitely fitting him toward the hero type that i had heard from others when they had described him. Fit morally correct, and finally stubborn in a good manner when trying to describe the beatbox person. With that i put my notebook away for the meantime seeing that i won't get much else out of the violette beyond this in terms of trying to learn what i can of the two individuals. I look towards Teion with a sad smile knowing that the girl must've been through a lot to have made such a connection with this Beatbox person, and then to have him go and commit what is basically suicide from what i know of this Death Adder person that itzal had told me about.

I glance towards Kimi and hears her words as my eyes widen ever so slightly realizing that their is much truth behind what she had just said. A sense of guilt overtaking me for a little bit as i realize i might've put even more pressure on this girl that probably just needs a group of friends to keep her company, and just a person willing to never leave her like this Beatbox person had done. I look towards the ground knowing that this girl is now stronger then me in another matter entirely. Not in terms of just damage numbers, and now also in terms of character and spirit that she has. To be able to take all of this, and still be able to not just end herself from it all. I bite my lip and says to Teion in a soft voice look. Look i messed up i guess. Sorry for what i said earlier about this Aereth guy. I say softly towards her as i then glance towards the ground. Wishing i could hug her like Kimi has done to try and cheer her up, but not seeing myself worthy to do so after i have clearly annoyed, or pissed this girl off by insulting someone she cares about like Aereth. Ignoring my familiar nudging against me as he tries to comfort me as i look towards him with a gentle look as i shake my head no. Not wishing for that right now.

@Teion

Her sights returned to Jomei, and how distressed the man seemed to become at the thought that Beatbox's death was more of his choice than he had led on to others. Perhaps there was hardly any more that needed to be said on the matter to push her own narrative, and her own interpretation of events. But whether out of spite, or resentment for the fallen warrior, or just to push more of the information she held close out from her chest and into the open, Teion added on. "That oath between him and Aereth? He told him everything about his sister, including entrusting her to him, just a couple of days before he went off on his 'heroic mission'." She hid behind the sharpness of her tone, but one look back at Jomei had her feeling a twinge of regret. The worry that he held, seemingly more for the dead man's sister than anything else, was clear on his face. He hinted at the idea of her hearing the crystal that Beatbox had left in the woman's shop, and understanding Teion's point of view for the whole situation. The violette simply frowned and averted her gaze. "Sorry. I'm kinda bitter about the whole thing, more than anything." She admitted, and then her shoulders picked up into a small shrug. "That's up to her. I'm not going to come barging in and tear her world apart by calling her dead brother a suicidal idiot." She said in a solemn voice.

And then the youngest player stood up. Teion looked over to Kimi, slipping the black recording crystal back into her inventory before the girl positioned herself beside her. The few, quiet words that she offered before wrapping her arms around the woman's shoulders took her aback. But it wasn't her embrace alone that wrenched her heart. Hearing Kimi's soft, cracking voice beside her ear made it easy to tell that the martial artist was crying, and pushing through her own feelings to try and console her. Every word Kimi pushed out resonated with her, and before she had even realized it a moisture had built up in the violette's cobalt eyes and was quick to spill over. The girl pulled away, and ran a hand over the top of her head in a gentle pat. With tears now running down her cheeks, Teion seemed to have finally finished processing everything and her bottom lip quivered with the thought of speaking again. "I--... Ever since Dae--" She caught herself before using her friend's real name, and her shoulders lightly shuddered as she sniffled and restarted. "I got into a fight with my friends, m-my real friends," She explained through shaky breaths. "I-I've tried to make things right... He acts like we're still friends, but he--he's changed. This place changed us, I can tell. And Emerath... It's been months, I-I don't even know if anyone has hardly seen him." She sobbed, bringing her hands up to futily wipe away the streams of tears on her cheeks. She inhaled sharply while her emotions ran their course, the walls around her heart finally falling for the trio she sat amongst. "I--I made up my mind, that I wouldn't get close to anyone anymore. Just--just play the game, and eventually it would all be over. B-but then Beatbox showed up, and for a second I thought it might be okay. Th-then it was my fault again, be-because I wouldn't let Aereth do the same thing. I was stubborn, and annoying, a-and now, now nobody is safe around me." She broke again, gritting her teeth in a frail attempt to stifle her sobs.

With Kimi still beside her, Teion suddenly shifted for her left knee to support her weight and she wrapped her own arms around the girl. Burying her face into Kimi's shoulder, the violette couldn't control her sharp, ragged breaths. "I--I'm sorry! I'm really sorry. You--you could've died! S-Spencer, and Ryo, I put all of you guys in danger, and I--I obviously didn't care enough since I could've kept all this from happening."

Kimi continued to comfort Teion by placing her hand on her back and pat her. The heat that warmed up the night was slowly getting replaced by the warmth of emotions in the air as Teion tried to control her breaths. Kimi focused on what was the now and it was to comfort the lonely soul in front of her. "It's alright Teion." Kimi said with a very warm smile. "You cared enough to stay by our side even though you wanted to be alone... You care enough to share your story despite not knowing us well... You cared enough to let your walls down for us to care for you." She pat her head once more and embraced her more before continuing. "Don't be sorry, being in danger is part of the game. We we're lucky enough to have someone as strong as you beside us. Someone who seemed to always look out for her own. Just let us take care of you now, and you can finally rest with an easier heart." Kimi said all of this with care, softness, and warmth in her voice. She knew that everyone had their own problems and she personally set out to make everything better for everyone. So that one day they can all get out together back into the real world.

Something about Kimi's warming embrace changed something in Teion. The one stoic girl had broke, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks as she continued to press on with her story through sharp, shaky breaths. Jomei watched, shining a sad smile-- it was upsetting to see the violette sobbing, yet also nice to know that she was able to finally let her walls crumble down and open up to the three around her. She had really been through a lot, and Jomei knew all too well what it was like to hold all of those emotions and memories in.. Like a balloon being filled with too much air, eventually you'll burst. Finally returning the embrace, Teion let go, sobbing into the younger redhead's shoulder, spurting out apologies about how she had put all of them in danger. Though Jomei wanted to put in his own kind words to comfort the girl, Kimi had pretty much said everything that was on his mind before he could, so instead he kept his mouth shut again, and simply reached past Kimi and placed a hand on Teion's shoulder. "It'll be alright." he said softly. "Like Kimi said.. we're all in danger because of this game. No avoiding it.. But as long as we all stick together, it'll be a little bit to get by. So let those guys come back.. you won't be alone next time." 

I look onto this sight and gets up from my seat changing into some more casual clothes encase Teion decides to punch me for what i said earlier. Not wanting thorns to proct if that happens as i go over towards the violette as i get onto one knee as i look towards her. Look Teion. I'm sorry okay i shouldn't have said anything about the people you associate with, or anything of the such that could be judging before getting to know them. Also, i'm sorry you had to go through so much with just yourself to count and rely on without the aid of others from the sounds of it. I say towards the crying girl. Also...don't worry about Spencer, or Ryo in terms of what could've happened. They didn't die that is the thing that is most important Teion. We didn't die either, and now we know who this enemy could be. They won't harm you, and they won't harm us in any manner that will be deadly. Cause if they try to do so one of us will always be there to support the other. This guild, and now even you even if you're not officially a member is a family. I don't care if you join or not but you're stuck with all of us crazy people, and we take care of each other through everything. I say in a gentle tone of voice towards Teion.  Having to actively do my best to not cry alongside this girl in terms of just the pure emotion coming from a girl that seemed like a statue. A pillar of absolute strength that would never falter in any way shape or form. To see such a person like this. Shows just how vulnerable everyone is even if they act strong.

Kimi's hand running over her hair. Jomei's palm resting against her shoulder. And Hestia, kneeling beside her. Teion held onto the girl tightly, allowing their kind words to sink in as she cried out the last of her tears. Minutes later, when she felt just calm enough to pull away, she did so and brought her hands up to her face to push away the stains left on her cheeks. "Thank you guys..." She said in a small voice after a final sniffle. "I... Piera's the only one I've told most of this stuff to. And even then, she got the short version." She swallowed and sat back on her ankles tucked underneath her on the couch. Her eyes picked up to meet Jomei's as her hands fell into her lap, knowing the Irishman would be the one to relate to their mutual friend. "I just found out everything she'd been through recently. We got together for the first time in a while and talked, but..." She gave a small shrug as she trailed off.

"Thanks, for...well, dealing with my baggage." She offered again, finally coming down from the storm of emotions that had left her even more drained than before. "I've done a lot of shutting myself up in my shop, or trying to beat Cardinal and drink my problems away," Her gaze lowered with embarrassment, but her shoulders picked up with a half-chuckle, as she recalled the initial meeting with two of the party members on the fifth floor. "But, uhh... If you're cool with me sticking around..." Again, she trailed off, her eyes running across the dark floorboards for a second before she seemed to remember something and she looked back at Jomei yet again. "Oh, and what you said about the frontlines. I'll do it." She said, expressing her intent to join the Irishman along with the other players who would plan to take on the next floor boss.

Kimi smiled at how the situation finally changed and the mood lightened up a bit. "Well we're always here to help." Kimi said in a reassuring voice. Kimi stood up to placed her hand on Teion shoulder before saying, "If you are ever in need to talk to someone, we are all here to listen." Kimi stood up and stretched reached up to stretch before resting her arms and shoulders again. "Well, Today was a very eventful day to say the least." She looked back down at Teion who seemed to be a bit more relaxed after finally unloading a whole lot of pent up stress of her shoulders. "If you ever feel like it, we can go out to do some more quests. It really helps clear up my mind in my opinion. Also the loot and rewards are always nice." Kimi said very cheerfully. Noodle peeked at Teion from between her legs before hopping up to her lap to give her a nudge and lick trying to cheer her up.

The Irishman looked across to Teion, into her eyes still red from crying moments ago. She spoke of how no one else really knew what she had gone through, all except for their one friend in common; Piera. Jomei nodded his head in understanding at the mention of his 'sister's' name. When he had met with her, she had expressed that her and Teion were close, so it did not surprise him that she knew the most about their new violet haired friend. During her most recent meeting with the bespectacled brunette, Piera had apparently revealed to her what she had been through, more specifically, her and Lee being kidnapped and turned into slaves -- until Jomei and Lowenthal had finally broken them out. The ginger's gaze fell, his head shaking with a heavy sigh, "Yeah. If it puts your mind a bit at ease, I have not heard of that group's activity since.. well.. since they had kidnapped me almost a year ago. I'm hoping that they aren't active anymore, but if they come back, I will be ready." As Teion's thanking of the group for letting her vent came to an end, her eyes met Jomei's yet again, solidifying her position to join him on the front lines. The ginger could not help but offer a confident smirk, "Alright." 

Well umm since things seem to have calmed down ever so slightly would you guys like to actually finish the quest that we started? I ask with a bit of a nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head. We never really went back to Ali to show him proof of the manticore existing by showing him whatever the beast dropped for us. I say looking around at the group. Not really wishing to continue down the route of knowing Teion much more for the night. Since it had been already a lot more then just a small roller coaster of emotions except for Jomei from what i am able to observe. I do glance towards Kimi and just gives a kind smile to the girl glad that she was around to tell me to calm down ever so slightly when i went off on Teion. Otherwise i could then see some reluctance the girl would have with sharing anything about her past if people like myself could react in a negative fashion that could only escalate from their. Or would you all prefer taking the night to rest and such from what we have just been told? I ask as i glance around at the three other players.

@Teion

Tired, cobalt eyes shifted to Hestia as the woman suggested moving on with their night. Or day, as was the more appropriate term at this point. Teion took on a small, crooked smile after the two options were presented from her, and she forced a more light-hearted attitude as she pushed herself up from the couch beside the crackling fireplace. "Well. If any of you guys want to go turn the quest in, be my guest. And you can send me an invite for the next one." Despite her best efforts, she couldn't suppress the yawn that worked its way up through her chest, instead bringing her hand up to cover her mouth as her jaw stretched with a short exhale. "Been a while since I've stayed at an inn, so I'm gonna go die in a proper bed for quite a few hours." She half-joked, her virtual body aching from the lack of rest she had given it up to this point. The woman gave a short glance to the other three faces in the room, her chin tilting down in a nod to bid them either farewell or goodnight, depending on their own choice of action. Making her way across the room and up the single set of stairs, she quickly sought out which room had been assigned to her and wasted little time in swapping out her gear for the most comfortable clothing she had in her inventory before she would practically collapse into the inviting sheets.

Kimi blinked her tired eyes as she stretched again trying to keep her body awake enough to talk to her companions before anything else. As she glanced back at her friends who now probably were starting to feel the effects of lack of sleep Teion went ahead and preemptively said to invite her for the next quest, "Will do." Kimi said with a crooked smile as she attempted to suppress a yawn just as she saw Teion try to stop hers. "Stahp it... Its contagious." She said chuckling a little bit before retracting her hands to cover her mouth with the back of her hand and then pinching the sleep from the sides of her eyes. Kimi waved goodnight as Teion retired to her room before turning to Jomei, "Well daddy." Kimi said leaning very far to her side dropping her head almost. "A girl needs her sleep." she chuckled a little bit from that excuse as she picked herself up and bit her friends goodnight before also grabbing a room for herself. "If you want you guys can join me, but i'll go ahead and claim myself a bed." Kimi finally went off to get a room and retired to it.

There was a short silence after Hestia had brought up that they had never turned in the quest to Ali. The ginger brought a hand up to the nape of his neck, chuckling sheepishly "Y-yeah.. Suppose you're right." He looked around at the other three women, each of them showing signs of exhaustion from the night's adventure. The man smiled softly before raising to his feet, "You three go get some rest. I'll go turn in the quest to Ali, and I'll make sure that you all get your share of the reward." Swiping a hand upwards, the ginger sent a friend request to Teion, before olive eyes turned to her "Don't be a stranger. And I'll send you a message when the raid team is getting together for a meeting." With a polite bow of his head, the man wished the three girls a good night before making his way out of the inn.

Jomei took the short walk through Nimbus until he had arrived at the familiar pub the group had met Ali in earlier. Still sitting in the same corner, Jomei approached him and placed the mask that the Manticore had dropped on the table with a thud. "Eh? so it's all true?" he asked while staring at the Chimera Mask on the table. Ali didn't seem as surprised as he had expected him to be, hinting that maybe such implausible things weren't a strange sight to him. The NPC quickly picks up the mask and places it under his arm before heading towards the Tavern's exit. "Almost forgot!" he added, turning around to face Jomei, tossing a pouch full of Col to him. "It isn't much but I'll be in your dept." he added as he leaves disappears into the darkness of Nimbus. At the same moment, the Quest Ending Window pops in front of you, displaying their hard earned rewards. Jomei let out a heavy sigh as he accepted the col into his inventory, Cardinal already splitting the col up among the four. With Ali now gone, Jomei slowly made his way out of the tavern, and rather than going back to the inn, decided to just head back to his home in Taft. 

I smile a bit as i see Kimi, and Teion head off to bed as i glance towards Jomei and nods my head appreciatively at him offering to turn in the quest for us. I go up to him and gives him a quick little hug. Thank you Jomei see you when we next gather for a quest. Stay safe okay? I say with a smile and then quickly heads up towards the room that i have in this inn. Going to get some much needed rest. Not caring to travel anymore then i have to as i whistle softly as my familiar quickly follows me up the stairs and into the room as i make my way towards the bed with a smile. Just getting in it and quickly closing my eyes and falling asleep peacefully not noticing the quest completion sign pop up until i wake up in the morning. My familiar getting onto the bed also and laying by my feet as he falls asleep soon after i do so. The door having been closed and locked to prevent any unwanted guests from trying to sneak in.

Summary:

8 SP, 8500 COL