[PP-F22] Blade, Shield and Fire <Itzal and Hestia> <<Witch of the West>>

Itzal had invited Hestia to take on a quest alongside him not long ago.  Now he was on the twenty second floor to take on a new quest that would grant him a crafting bonus consumable.  With it he hopefully would craft many perfect masterpieces.  Even if it didn't help him and he had the worst luck after this, he'd still get some skill points.  He could add them to either precision or ferocity if he wanted to.  At any rate he stood by the main settlement teleport pad wearing Niger Natio, with Yakimba sheathed at his side and Beauty Incarnated worn on a finger on his left hand, though it was difficult to see the ring with the way he had his hand tucked under his pocket.  He was waiting for her to arrive and then he'd tell her that once they burned through this quest, they were going to do something fun that wasn't at all related to level, mat or quest grinding.  No dungeons, no work.  Just old fashioned hanging out like normal friends did.  He just hoped she was serious when she said she was joking and wouldn't call him brother or anything.  She liked to tease him it seemed...

@Hestia

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I smile happily as i relax on my way towards a teleport gate within the town of Snowfrost. Smiling happily excited to go on more questing to try and gain some levels to tackle everything possible. I glance towards a notification that pops up and hits it to see that it is a message from Itzal. At seeing the contents i grin as i say the floor's main settlement as i teleport from Snowfrost to the new teleport gate as i look around and then spots you. I smile a bit happily glad to be able to hangout with Itzal once more. Even after that reunion with Raven upon this floor. I bite my lip still in slight worry about her health, but she seemed fine when she saw her.  She can only assume that Domarus is taking care of her and helping her get stronger then what i could ever do myself. Not having the time of day to protect her or go on quests with her since i am busy doing new ones myself in just preparation for the floor boss.

As i get closer i open my mouth to say something, and then pauses deciding that there is only one true greeting to go with to make this a proper one. How you doing brother? Enjoying your time with your fiance since last we talked. i ask in a playful tone of voice my familiar right away going towards Velnia to distract the hyperactive dragon so i don't get knocked over right away.

Itzal heard her coming and turned to her, but when he heard her call him brother he stopped and gave a sigh.  It almost looked like a shadow was weighing down on him out of nowhere.  "Really?  I thought we talked about this..."  He pulled his hood up to hide the blushing that was now spreading over his face, the hooked hood covering all of his upper features.  Velnia was about to skyrocket to Hestia when she heard Kuro.  Her head poked up with excitement and shot over at him, circling him for a moment before doing a pounce hug onto his back, really enjoying the company of the fluffy flying lion.  Itzal got over it and looked at Hestia in the eyes, though she could barely see his.  "And sort of, she's still inactive of course.  I look forward to when she has the desire to go out and join me on some quests.  There's such a thing as having too much time to relax after all," he said with a chuckle.  "Speaking of which...  Hestia after we're done with this quest I want to hang out.  No material gathering, no mob grinding, no quests, no dungeons, no scouting.  Nothing.  We'll do a peaceful, chill activity and just hang out together.  Sound good?"

@Hestia

I chuckle a little bit at the reaction as i give you a hug. Sorry Itzal i just couldn't help myself. I was curious what your reaction was going to be. I say with a smile on my face as i then stop hugging you. Having had my fun for that moment, and having enjoy the small but at least enjoyable reaction i had gotten. My familiar Kuro watches the small dragon Velnia fly around him over and over again until it landed on his back. Kuro using his tail to pat Velnia gently since his wings are keeping him in flight. With Kuro then quickly landing on the ground that way he can use his wings to pat Velnia to try and keep her calm. Following my example on how to pet the small dragon from how Kuro observed me doing so in the past. When you ask me to just do some relaxing i cross my arms. But the boss fight is so close Itzal i need to be prepared. I want to be able to pull my own weight, and do what i guess is going to be my healing role as close as i can do so. I say with a sigh knowing that even if that is my intention you won't allow me to get away with not relaxing. Fiiiiiine. I'll relax for a afternoon. I say to you.

Itzal pulled his hood back once he was done blushing and walked beside Hestia.  "You know, I'm not sure at this point whether or not it's going to be a boss that ends up killing me.."  He said.  He wasn't being serious of course, but...  "Eh I guess it's fine."  Velnia smiled when Kuro started to pet her and she got off of him, simply happy to see the flying familiar.  So happy that if the familiar was interested she would play a few games with the lion.  When Itzal listened to Hestia and how she wanted to be prepared for the boss raid he easily had a counter to that.  "Training and preparing for it is perfectly fine, but you have to understand that if you aren't rested up for it then you won't be in peak condition for a fight.  The more busy you become the more tired and less focused you'll be.  Again, you need to have a break every once and a while."  Then she sighed and grudgingly accepted.  He gave her a one armed hug.  "Don't forget, the last time I convinced you to relax not only were you upset about it, but in the end you greatly enjoyed yourself.  It's not like I'm asking you to start cutting yourself am I?"  He said with a chuckle.

@Hestia

I chuckle at the comment as i just pat you gently on the back. Oh come on if you truly died from embarrassment think about how you would be the first and probably only person with such a legacy. Itzal- the person that died from social awkwardness. I say jokingly back to you. I pout out the logic you're speaking to me as i look you in the eyes. 'Stupid logic always contradicting my want to try and improve.' I think to myself unable to tell for myself if i am joking or not. Eh even if that is true i still want to get stronger. I mean i am so close to being tier 3. I say with a little pout at that as i the begrudgingly nod my head in agreement to the last time we hung out. Yeah last time i refused,but in the end we even managed to find my shop location that i use. People seem to like the location of how to get to it for the view. Not so much the walk to get to it. I say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my head. Not arguing that he last time we were there that it wasn't one of the more fun things i had done during my time within the game.

"It would be ridiculous, but I could see it honestly.  That's what happens when you isolate yourself your entire life, social events are awkward...  I remember talking to a girl for the first time in this world.  It was so awkward and embarrassing I couldn't stand it."  Itzal's face reddened slightly just at the memory of it.  He shook his head and refocused, listening to Hestia as she talked about how she was almost at tier three and she wanted to get there.  "I understand that, but remember that we have some time before taking on the boss, so taking half a day to relax won't hurt that.  At any rate, getting stronger while important, shouldn't be our highest priority.  I want to see if we can bridge the gap between front liners, get them to work together instead of against one another.  Keep them from fighting for the last drop but rather to get us out of this game."  When Hestia mentioned her shop and how people enjoyed the scenery he smiled.  "I'm glad Hestia.  Maybe this time will be equally as rewarding.  Though I think we should go ahead and get started with the quest first don't you think?"  he asked with a chuckle.

@Hestia

I chuckle as you say that unable to tell if you're playing along with the joke at this point, or if you managed to take the joke a bit too seriously and think i was saying what i said in a serious manner. Well i mean now you have Kasier to talk to Itzal. By the way i think i've never seen the two of you hang out that often now that i think about it. I say realizing that fact not knowing a single time i saw the two of you together. Making it rather curious why that would be, and then just shrugs to myself figuring it is a timing sort of thing. Then there is the fact that Kasier doesn't seem to be the social type form what she had seen during her time helping her with Avalanche. When you point the timing i just nod my head. I said fiine. Lets get going on this quest now! i say rather excitedly and cheerfully as i look at you. by the way do you know anything about this quest? I ask with a small chuckle. Not knowing anything since it is a rather new quest, so the information that i know being very limited to non existent.  My familiar looking towards Velnia starts trying to tag the little dragon wishing to try and tire out he creature that seems to have infinite energy.

He listened to her mention Kasier and he nodded with a smile, always and forever enjoying his conversations with Jenna.  When Hestia mentioned how she'd never once seen them hanging out together he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.  "Yeah, that's because while I'm socially awkward, she doens't like to be social at all.  She'd rather we hang out in private rather than where there are many eyes watching us.  She's that type of person you know?"  When she got excited to start the quest he nodded with a smile.  "Right come on then, pretty sure it's in this direction."  With that he started walking forward.  Velnia grinned at Kuro before flying over to Itzal, flying between him and Hestia.  When she asked him what he knew about the quest he shrugged.  "Dunno.  All I do know is that the reward is a consumable that grants bonus CD to crafting.  Perhaps it's a boss battle the-"  He stopped as they hit something totally unexpected.  Or rather, Itzal noticed something.  "...Is that a castle up past the forest?"  Right as he asked that he noticed something with the detect and reveal mods.  Something moving in the forest.  "Hey something's in there.  Come on, it may be part of the quest!"

@Hestia

So she is like you, but ten times worse when it comes to social interaction? That makes sense actually. I say as i remember how Kasier was acting. Not that much of a social butterfly from what i was able to observe. Mostly just talking when talked at, and not much going further into conversations. When you lead for the way i follow after you quickly with the biggest smile on my face as i grin excitedly at the potential for this quest. To see what it could provide the players to fight against. Hoping that it would be interesting. The thing becoming rather obvious where it gets its name when we see the castle. So we're literally going to kill the witch of the west. I..that is quite a literal meaning right there. i say with a chuckle escaping my lips as i continue to follow after you. I walk along with you with my familiar following closely behind me as i hear you mention something in the forest as i without any hesitation move forward first into the forest then to serve as my function of a tank to tank any hits directed at me.

Hearing Hestia say that made Itzal chuckle.  "Yes and no.  Yes in that she's worse, but no in that she's not worse in my case.  She can handle conversations like that, she just likes to stay out of the accusing eyes of others.  When other's aren't around she's far more open and less cold seeming."  She was actually one of the kindest individuals Itzal had met, though he didn't think of her like that the first time they met.  No, there wasn't really anyone who could compare to her in his mind.  He was so lucky to have her sometimes he insisted it couldn't be real.  But whenever he'd see her face again he'd know that it was not a dream or hallucination.  Suddenly as they traveled through the forest, four flying monkeys came swooping fo-  FLYING MONKEYS?!  When Hestia made her comment about it Itzal nodded.  "Sure seems that way..."  Itzal activated the charge skill and managed to land a hit on each of the flying monkeys, a hyper critical on one of them.  Of course one of the monkeys made sure the other was avenged and landed a hyper critical on Itzal.  It didn't do much damage to him before dying though.  He turned to Hestia.  "This doesn't seem to be too bad so far."

ID#  97417  BD:  6  MD:  1
ID#  97418  BD:  10  MD:  7-4
ID#  97419  BD:  3+3  MD:  8-4
ID#  97420  BD:  4+3  MD:  10

16+5x9-70=169 dmg
16+2+5x9-70=187 dmg

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <70+2-25=47dmg +72 BH> 124/142
@Hestia

Monkey 1:  0/150 - 70 dmg - 20 MIT
Monkey 2:  0/150 - 70 dmg - 20 MIT
Monkey 3:  0/150 - 70 dmg - 20 MIT
Monkey 4:  0/150 - 70 dmg - 20 MIT

I just watch as four flying monkeys appear and just die right away from your attack as i just blink at that. Realizing that the hope of this quest being elongated is now lost since you can do enough damage to basically one shot every opponent we are going to come across. I just rub the back of my neck and then follows your towards this scary looking castle not seeing a reason to be prepared to attack since you have the potential to knock them all out apparently. So then what do you want to do after we beat this quest. Which i am going to assume is very quickly since you seem to be rocking this quest rather easily. You did kill all of the monkeys in a singular hit. I say quickly giving the reason for my definition of why this would go very quickly. Making me wonder if there will be a enemy that wold give you a mini challenge of sorts, or if everything dies in a singular hit. Not going to question the rate of your quest clearing just not use to it at all.

Itzal saw Hestia become a little bit disappointed when the monkeys were killed, and guessed what was going through her head at that moment.  "Don't worry Hestia, if this really is a quest where we have to fight the witch, these guys are most likely just cannon fodder, the witch being the actual threat.  Don't give up hope just yet ok?"  Then two more monkeys started flying in.  What another pair?  He activated charge, too agile for the monkeys to even hope to scratch him, and landed a solid hit on them both.  This time however, they didn't die, though their health had dropped considerably.  He landed beside Hestia again.  "Well we could get something to eat, go swimming, visit a festival or something on one of the floors, or just walk around a floor we want to enjoy.  Is there anything you would like to see or do in this world other than grinding?"

ID#  97440  BD:  6  MD:  7-4
ID#  97441  BD:  8  MD:  3

16+5x9-35=154 dmg

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 106/142
@Hestia

Monkey 1:  66/220 - 90 dmg - 35 MIT
Monkey 2:  66/220 - 90 dmg - 35 MIT

I nod my head with a smile as i just sit back from the fight and watch it happen since it shouldn't be that difficult for yourself especially since the two of them are almost dead, and i can then use my latest rank in first aid for something to try and be useful in regards to healing you up to full. Don't worry Itzal i know these are the canon fodder type of enemies, but you kinda expect more from something that is a quest on the newest floor. I tell you with a small shrug of my shoulder rather confused by that fact. We then spot two more monkeys, and surprisingly they survive the hit as i look towards you. I guess that means there are some that are stronger then other type of monkeys. Must mean we're getting close towards the witch already. I say to you with a small chuckle. When you ask me what i would like to do i honestly just shrug. I don't know what i would want to do honestly. I don't know what sights are to be seen in this game. I tell you thinking of my little sister for a bit, but knows that she is in good hands atm. hopefully. Still feeling some shock, and worry about her since she got here in this game for some reason.

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 106/142

Monkey 1:  66/220 - 90 dmg - 35 MIT
Monkey 2:  66/220 - 90 dmg - 35 MIT

Itzal listened as Hestia mentioned how the monsters should at least pose some threat since they were on the floor's newest floor.  He nodded as he lashed out at the monsters again, finishing them off.  When he landed on the ground again he turned to Hestia.  "True but there are factors we need to consider.  Both of us are a higher level than the number of this said floor, so it shouldn't be as hard as we'd expect.  In addition to that, from what I could tell when scouting this floor out earlier, it's not designed to be dangerous.  I think Aincrad is intending to give us a break.  A floor players can go to when they are a bit out of it, or just need a break from all the fighting.  Perfect for us don't you think?"  When Hestia told him she didn't know what they should do he nodded.  "In that case we could visit the waterfall.  I have yet to visit it and from here at least it looks like it will have a magnificent view of the sunset.  I think I'll take Kasier to this floor someday..." 

ID#  97444  BD:  3+3  MD:  4
ID#  97445  BD:  6  MD:  5

16x9-35=109 dmg

Hit and dead mobs.  Itzal's energy is now 88

@Hestia

yeah but i mean even then the floor is really weak, and i've been involved with harder quests then this. Which makes me curious why this is going oh so easily. It's a bit strange right? Or am i just imagining that? I ask you curiously in regards to just quest strength as i walk beside you after you kill the latest monkeys. But yeah the floor does seem to be weaker then the rest which isn't all that bad. I would almost want a house on this floor to have that beautiful lake view you know? I say with a smile at the thought of getting to wake up to that every morning. At the mention of a break though i lightly push you with a playful grin. Oh, shut up. I can relax whenever i want to Itzal. I say while crossing my arms across my armor covered chest as i look at you. hmph! Turns my head acting like a pouty little child just for the fun of it. Anyway yeah i would be fine with seeing whatever this waterfall thing is like. I say with a smile on my face.

He listened to her points as to how this was not a hard quest at all and he nodded slowly.  "True but there is a third thought:  This quest is for players who can craft correct?  So what if those players weren't focused on combat but rather crafting?  If the quest is too difficult for them, then they can never really get the item without hiring someone else.  Which at that point isn't very worth it in the end."  When she turned on him about having the ability to take a break whenever, he turned around and gave her a smile while raising an eyebrow.  "Having the ability to do so, and actually going through with it are two totally different things you know."  When she told him she'd like to see the waterfall he smiled back and nodded.  "In that case let's find this witch and end the quest.....  Do you, think she'll actually have magic?  Jonathan and I fought off a goblin shaman once so I guess anything is possible."

@Hestia

Yeah i guess you have a point. If this quest was strong it would be impossible for those who just wish to craft in piece and all of that. I say as i look towards you as we continue walking as we slowly make our close and closer towards the castle. Myself knowing that i will at least be able to get the chance of harming the witch possibly, but i know that the likelihood of that happening are extremely low in the end. Just from the fact i know you can have the possibility of one shotting this thing seemingly with your attacks. I grin a tiny bit at your observation of my words. yeah i know that Itzal. That is why i said i have the ability to stop myself. Not that i want to stop. I say back with a cheeky little grin on my face as i look you in the eyes.  my familiar walks closer to the dragon velnia and tries to play with the small dragon since Kuro recognizes that there need of being there is rather low. That their owners will be just fine and safe during all of this. She better have magic. She isn't a witch without magic. I say with a nod of my head.

Itzal sighed, as he seemed to finally acknowledge that unless she came to the conclusion herself, the only thing he could do to aid her was either fight beside her to keep her from dying, and spending relaxing time with her after quests or dungeons.  Therefore he simply gave a smile to Hestia, hoping she would learn to slow down when she needed to.  When she mentioned how she hoped the Witch had magic he chuckled.  "Same here, though I have to wonder how far Aincrad will go with magic.  Will it go with magic like attacks?  Or give npc's and monsters and bosses outright magic?  Who knows?  I just hope that the system makes an official decision and sticks by it."  Soon enough they were nearing the castle entrance and as they did, Kuro had drawn nearer to Velnia, supposedly to play.  A grin grew on her face as she walked before her tail twitched slightly and she shot at him with all her speed.  While she and Kuro played however, Itzal scouted out the castle with Hestia and came upon the boss room.  The Witch was working on the potion when they arrived and she stopped, turning her eyes slowly towards them with a wicked grin on her face.  He drew his blade.  "Alright, here's hoping it's harder to fight."

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 138/142
@Hestia:  ???/??? <> ??/??

Wicked Witch:  700/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)

• Potion of Fireball:  On a natural MD 9 she throws a vial of swirling flames at the player's feet, engulfing them in fire. Deals 120 AoE damage, and applies burn to the target(s) dealing 24 burn damage per turn for 2 turns.
  • Poisoned Dagger: On a natural MD 10 she lands a critical hit on the player that has dealt the most damage to her. That player is paralyzed for one turn and poisoned, taking 16 damage per turn for 3 turns.
  • Unnatural Swiftness: At 200 HP and below, she drinks a potion to grant her +1 evasion for the rest of the fight.

Yeah, but in all honesty i kinda like the fact that any type of magic is seen as rare. Since it makes it seem all the more magical when you run across it, and makes you think the mob could be special in some way. To be like a extra special challenge that needs to be triumphed over. I say with a grin on my face not paying attention as the two familiars play with each other while they can. I nod my head with a smile and at the sight of the witch i waste no time at all in activating howl upon the person as i raise my shield to prepare myself to block any and all attacks the witch could throw at me following the mental guide i have formed in my mind on how combat should go. Although that is assuming it is a strong mob which is yet not known if it is or not. Welp Itzal go ahead and punch it with your sword. I say jokingly with a smile on my face as i prepare myself for any and all types of attacks. Secretly hoping it is going to be lots of magic.

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 138/142
Hestia: 950/950  82/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1  -10 ENG howl.

Wicked Witch:  700/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)

• Potion of Fireball:  On a natural MD 9 she throws a vial of swirling flames at the player's feet, engulfing them in fire. Deals 120 AoE damage, and applies burn to the target(s) dealing 24 burn damage per turn for 2 turns.
  • Poisoned Dagger: On a natural MD 10 she lands a critical hit on the player that has dealt the most damage to her. That player is paralyzed for one turn and poisoned, taking 16 damage per turn for 3 turns.
  • Unnatural Swiftness: At 200 HP and below, she drinks a potion to grant her +1 evasion for the rest of the fight.