[PP-F22] Blade, Shield and Fire <Itzal and Hestia> <<Witch of the West>>

Itzal thought about what Hestia had said and nodded in the end.  "That would definitely make sense.  Let's just hope the system knows about that too and doesn't go overboard or something."  He watched as Hestia used the howl skill to get the Witch's attention.  She stopped brewing and looked annoyed more than anything.  "Tsk.  Annoying pests can't let me finish my work in peace.  Get out of MY SIGHT!"  The Witch threw a dagger at Hestia but Itzal grabbed it before it could hit her.  Dang he thought.  This bonus evasion doesn't just give me speed to evade, but speed in general.  Or is that just the acrobatics skill?  He turned to Hestia.  "Punch it eh?  Maybe I should have got a hammer skill instead then."  He activated charge and released Meteor Strike, dropping her health down by one hundred and sixty one points.  Of course she'd have higher mitigation than the others.  He watched as she drew a dagger and parried his next attack.

ID#  97467  BD:  4+3  MD:  3+1

16+5x11-70=161 dmg

Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 127/142
@Hestia: 950/950  82/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1  -10 ENG howl.

Wicked Witch:  539/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)

• Potion of Fireball:  On a natural MD 9 she throws a vial of swirling flames at the player's feet, engulfing them in fire. Deals 120 AoE damage, and applies burn to the target(s) dealing 24 burn damage per turn for 2 turns.
  • Poisoned Dagger: On a natural MD 10 she lands a critical hit on the player that has dealt the most damage to her. That player is paralyzed for one turn and poisoned, taking 16 damage per turn for 3 turns.
  • Unnatural Swiftness: At 200 HP and below, she drinks a potion to grant her +1 evasion for the rest of the fight.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch as you go in for the attack, and block a dagger thrown at me as i just chuckle realizing that the danger for this situation is non existent, and that i won't even have to use my vengeful riposte since it would be wasted upon the witch. With that thought i focus my energy as i hold my sword hoping that i can get lucky against her as i do the one sword art that could be useful right now. A stunning one. I quickly charge at the witch and swings my sword at her as she just smacks my weapon away with a broom like it is child's play before slamming it then into my chest causing me to stumble back ever so slightly as i see my energy deplete by barely a single pixel. meaning that it counted as a failure, and didn't drain the total energy amount. Well there goes my attack attempt. I say with a chuckle.

BD:2+1=3  -1 ENG

[H:1]Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 127/142
[H:3] Hestia: 950/950  81/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  539/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)

• Potion of Fireball:  On a natural MD 9 she throws a vial of swirling flames at the player's feet, engulfing them in fire. Deals 120 AoE damage, and applies burn to the target(s) dealing 24 burn damage per turn for 2 turns.
  • Poisoned Dagger: On a natural MD 10 she lands a critical hit on the player that has dealt the most damage to her. That player is paralyzed for one turn and poisoned, taking 16 damage per turn for 3 turns.
  • Unnatural Swiftness: At 200 HP and below, she drinks a potion to grant her +1 evasion for the rest of the fight.

@Itzal

Itzal watched as the Witch used her broom to knock Hestia away, preventing her from using a sword art on her.  From what Itzal saw it was a stunning art.  He'd fought, or rather dueled with Aereth enough times to recognize martial art Sword arts when they were used.  The Witch tried to assault Hestia again but this time she missed on her own.  Itzal then charged at her and released Meteor strike once again, his first strike on her broom, successfully shattering it and successfully pissing her off even more.  "D**N YOU"  Itzal watched as she tried to slash at him but he dodged the attack and parried.  He leaped out of the way and she re focused on Hestia again.  While she was, Itzal looked at her health.  The Witch was getting pretty close to dying so this may not take as long as he thought.  Though it would still take a few hits to defeat her, she wasn't as dangerous as they originally believed.

ID#  97470  BD:  5+3  MD:  1

16x11-70=106 dmg

[H:1]Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 116/142
[H:3] @Hestia: 950/950  81/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  433/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)

I watch as the witch gets punished for her hit, but surprisingly just remaining standing as i continue to try once more to hit this witch as i activate the same sword art once more as i look at the woman surprised that the broom broke, but unable to focus much upon that fact. The censor being quite funny though. Everytime that still makes me giggle on how the game has a profanity filter. I say with a chuckle as i look towards you. Killing others perfectly fine and available, but as soon as you get into talking bad. Don't let the fun police get you. I say jokingly as i then try to strike the witch. I grin as i cut up the witch, and ends it with slashing along her eyes as the sword art requires just following through on the system as i smile rather happily about that. As i then back away to allow you room to continue hitting the now stunned enemy.

#97477 BD:6+1=7  1 DMG  but stunned

[H:2]Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 116/142
[H:4] Hestia: 950/950  81/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  432/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3]

The witch watched as Hestia charged at her yet again, the witch was very much annoyed with the armored girl.  "Stupid girl!  Just stay out of this!"  The witch made an attempt towards Itzal, surprising him as Hestia still had the most hate, when she slashed at the boss and stunned her.  Itzal chuckled when hearing Hestia's words.  "Well it's nice to get away from all the noise certain players make during battle or when they're upset, it can be a bit distracting in battle to hear that bleep in the middle of her words."  Itzal rushed at her to attack when the two pieces of her broom which Itzal had broken in two started flying at him.  Itzal's is widened before having to cut those down further too, failing his sword art.  When they were broken down into more pieces he backed up as the witch was getting to her feet once more.  "Well that was unexpected yet resourceful of her."

#97478  BD:1  MD= N/A due to stun

[H:2]Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:4] @Hestia: 950/950  81/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  432/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3]

I chuckle as i look at the woman and hearing your words. I calmly watch you try to attack her, and to the surprise of both of us having to dodge the brooms that suddenly fly at us. Okay well then. Seems like our magical potential question just got answered. I say jokingly to you as i just go for a basic attack now just hoping for the best as i keep a mental note on getting multiple weapons for when i am tier 3. To be able to swap between the Morgenstern build, and the Paladin build to tackle any occasion. This type of situation definitely requiring a morgenstern build if i had infinite SP to pump into things that i could ever want to invest in. I go towards the witch and slices along her back as i grin seeing the wounds stay as my shield glows a yellow eery light as the witch becomes a statue as i look towards you. Yep my shield based on Athena's shield turns people to stone. I say with a chuckle.

BD:10 5-70=1DMG   (Bleed 0/2, paralyze)   CD:8  +3/-1=+2 ENG

[H:2] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] Hestia:  950/950  83/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  431/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 1/3] [BLEED 0/2, PARALYZED]

Itzal listened to Hestia's comments on the whole magical thing and he chuckled.  "I mean it is a witch's broom right?  Suppose it's gotta fly whether she's on it or not.  Though I have to admit the whole 'flying while broken' thing is a bit of a stretch in my mind."  He watched as Hestia rushed at the Witch a third time, not using a stun attack of course but just trying to do something useful.  And this time he saw she applied a hypercritical hit, paralysis and bleed on the Witch.  Itzal grinned and soon it would be Itzal's turn.  Itzal chuckled at Hestia's comment.  "Man I should really start picking a theme for my equipment and just stick with it like you.  Otherwise I just look like a random player with random gear."  He launched forward and released Meteor Strike, landing a critical hit and re stacking both bleed and paralysis.  He grinned.  "Alright we're on a roll now!" 

ID#  97488  BD:  9  MD:  N/A due to paralysis

16x11-70=106 dmg +24 bleed

[H:2] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] @Hestia:  950/950  83/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  301/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 2/3] [BLEED 0/2, PARALYZED]

I watch as you strike the which as she gets punched out of her stone confinement into a wall as electricity surrounds her form keeping her paralyzed in that manner as i look to you with a very big grin. You have paralyze and bleed tooo!! I say very excitedly at that as i have a very big grin on my face. If you ever do a quest with me and Kimi i hear by dub you the third honorary member of the paralyze squad then Itzal. I say with a smile on my face. Me and Kimi are known to paralyze enemies continuously. It is almost like a thing we do on the regular at this point. If you can do that to you can join the paralyze chain. i say playfully with a happy smile on my face. as i look towards the which and just watches this time around knowing that the paralyze and bleed will go on by and allow you to strike it again, and if my bleed tries to activate it will be less then yours. Also yeah get a theme going that i was what i do as you have taken notice. Greek heavy armor that is the balance of night and day with Artemis, and Apollo upon it. Then my sword needs to be changed to match a greek thing. i say with a smile.

[H:4] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] Hestia: 950/950  84/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  301/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 2/3] [BLEED 0/2, PARALYZED]

Itzal heard talk excitedly about his paralysis enhancements and then dubbed him a member of the paralyzing squad.  She mentioned it was basically Kimi and her since they had a habit of keeping their enemy paralyzed as long as possible.  Itzal chuckled.  "Well first of all, might want to be careful or Cardinal might alter monsters on the floors, quests and bosses to make them more paralyzing resistant.  And secondly this sword was a gift from Hikoru,"  He said as he showed her the light blue and electric blade.  "A demonic blade named Yakimba with two tier two bleed and two paralysis.  Unfortunately it will soon lose it's use if I can't find a way to upgrade it a tier."  He then turned to the Witch who was beginning to get up again and released Meteor strike on her once again, causing her to lose another one hundred and six points of damage.  When she reached two hundred health however she shook the paralysis loose and pulled out what looked like a potion...  And drank it.

ID#  97499  BD:  7  MD:  N/A due to paralysis

16x11-70=106 dmg +24 bleed

[H:4] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] @Hestia: 950/950  84/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  171/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 2/3] [BLEED 1/2, PARALYZED]

I mean hey never give up hope Itzal. That item could be coming sooner then you might think. This game seems to love its holiday event type of deals, and i seem to have the devil's luck since i have won something from each event. i say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my head at that fact as i then close in towards the witch and then slashes into her more as she gets turned into stone once more as i look towards you. Think you can continue the chain honorary third member. I say in a playful and joking manner. Slipping into that mindset that i am use to with Kimi where we just start making a joke out of the monster when we start doing this over and over again. My familiar kuro just lays on the ground not seeing himself needed since it is going smoothly without any bumps.

#97501 BD:10  15 DMG-70=1 DMG   bleed/paralyze/stun

H:5] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] Hestia:  950/950  80/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch:  170/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3] [BLEED 0/2, Paralyzed]  EVA:1 (removed while paralyzed)

"Yeah I have hope, but I'm also not so certain about the events giving out tier upgrading items either.  It happened like, twice maximum then they just stopped.  If it happens again I'd be grateful but until then..."  He looked at Yakimba.  It wasn't that he was displeased with the blade, it was certainly a better blade than he'd ever had before as it made both damage over time effects as well as paralysis effects just as easy to apply...  However the damage over time wasn't going to upgrade unless he had the right item, and thus he needed to either get an item that upgrades it, or do his best to get a final hit drop.  Not just to use, but to keep it out of the hands of greedy individuals.  Of course since clearing the floors was his top priority, this was very difficult for him to do.  When he used Meteor strike on the Witch it didn't activate and he sighed.  "Not this time sorry.."

ID#  97503  BD:  4+3  MD:  N/A due to paralysis

16x11-70 = 106 dmg + 24 due to bleed.

H:5] @Itzal:  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:6] @Hestia:  950/950  80/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch: 40/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3] [BLEED 1/2,]  EVA:1

I smile as i just watch the fight unfold as the witch is barely alive at this point as i glance towards you. so then Itzal i guess this was a lot easier then either of us expected i am guessing? I ask you with a small chuckle escaping my lips as i glance back towards the witch as i activate howl once more. Don't worry about not activating Paralyze Itzal we can't get lucky all the time. I say with a smile as i relax entirely knowing this quest is basically over by this point. So then what do we do after we kill the witch? I figure that could be a good conversation to have since she is almost dead anyway. It is only a matter of either my thorns, or your bleed killing her. there is no escaping her fate from this. I tell you with a smile on my face as i glance towards the witch wanting to hear and see her reaction to my words.

H:6] Itzal  1,450/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:9] Hestia:  950/950  70/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch: 40/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3] [BLEED 1/2,]  EVA:1

"I mean I'm sure if it could actually hit us it would be more of a challenge, but since we're just stunning and paralyzing the heck out of her this really isn't any challenge at all."  The Witch wasn't stunned anymore, so she'd be making an attempt.  It was time to end this he thought to himself.  Before Itzal could attack however, the Witch pulled a potion out and threw it at the two, causing an explosion and fire to leak onto the two players.  The damage was only ninety five to Itzal, and a measly nine to Hestia.  However they both now had burn damage.  Itzal released Meteor Strike and finished her off, the witch screaming in a high pitched voice before shattering.  "Well now that she's dead we could head over to the waterfall.  Let's go ahead and get those bonus CD first though," He said with a chuckle before walking over to the cauldron.  Before he could do anything the liquid vanished and out popped two items.  Two crystals to be honest.  One was silver and the other gold.  The silver gemstone fell into Itzal's hands and the gold one into Hestia's.  He grinned as he added it to his inventory.  "Come on let's head over there shall we?"

ID#  97506  BD:  5-1+3  MD:  9

16x11-70=106 dmg
120-25-72(battle healing)=23 dmg to Itzal
120-111=9 dmg to @Hestia

H:6] Itzal  1,427/1,450 <> 115/142
[H:9] Hestia:  941/950  70/92   MIT: 111  Thorns: 28   DMG:3  EVA: -1 ACC: 1 

Wicked Witch: 0/700 - 70 MIT - 100 DMG (50 minimum)  [STUNNED 0/3] [BLEED 1/2,]  EVA:1

A golden crystal huh? I say as i look at it with a smile as i add it towards my inventory ignoring the burn damage since it won't kill us as i quickly follow you towards this waterfall is supposedly at. So then Itzal what are we going to do at this waterfall? i ask the man curiously if he has any plans or intentions when we arrive at the waterfall or if it is just going with the flow type of logic that is happening right now. I glance through my inventory and equips just casual clothing, and the only thing i have at the ready for combat being my sword just for the fact i can use Vengeful riposte at a moment's notice then if a mob for some reason comes to attack the two players. My familiar quickly flies out of the castle and waits for us to lead the way towards the waterfall. With kuro also going to antagonize Velnia into playing.

Itzal begins to walk out of the castle with Hestia and their familiar's.  He finally got the consumable.  Maybe he can successfully craft a few more items now that he would have his superior plus two CD again.  He just hoped he didn't have bad luck this time around.  At any rate he heard Hestia ask her question.  He smiled.  "Look at the scenery and the sunset, chat for a bit.  Oh yeah, I brought some food for us.  Found out about something called grilled cheese and holy crap is it amazing.  You wouldn't think that grilling two pieces of bread with cheese in the center would be that great but oh my goodness it is.  If done right though, that's what he told me at least."  Velnia gave into his antagonizing and started chasing after him again.  Getting fired up, she began to spark electricity as she sped up, bouncing all over the place through the air as she did so.  Itzal chuckled as he watched her go around.  "If your interested, the place that sells the grilled cheese is on floor one.  It's a big place though, so I'd probably need to send you the coordinates via message or something."

@Hestia

I chuckle as you say that you found out about that as i pat you on the back. That is cute you just found out about it. I say in a joking manner as if talking to a child as i give you a warm armed hug. But yeah even the the rest sounds like a date. I know you're spoken for Itzal. I say teasingly with a smile on my face as i look towards you as we continue to walk towards wherever this waterfall is meant to be at. Wondering what makes this waterfall special enough to be a rather important place that you managed to find it rather quickly. Wondering if it is anything like that floor twenty one waterfall that i have heard is out and about in somewhere land. Having not really spent much time in trying to search for the place. Having not needed a reason as of yet to visit any calming or romantically inclined places on the floors. Anyhow what was the floor twenty one boss like? I only heard the name Tesseleth and that is it. I ask curiously.

Itzal heard her words and shrugged but was still excited to have more.  "I can't help it!  I may have been born in America but I've never been there so I've always wonde-"  When she mentioned date his face lit red and he pulled his hood up to hide it.  "You just had to throw one in there didn't you?"  He asked sarcastically.  Still, she established that she wasn't actually doing anything and while he knew she was teasing from the beginning, it did help a little.  He pulled the hood down again before sighing to answer her question.  "Tesseleth had loads of health, a good amount of mitigation, and not much damage at all.  Most of his damage came from dragon knights which he'd summon every time we hit a quarter of his health.  However those knights couldn't deal enough to pose a real threat so it was nothing short of tedious if we're being honest here.  I'm afraid Kayaba's going to realize that and start changing the system to compensate for that again.  I hate that it takes forever to get through these bosses, but I'd rather live than take an eternity to get through these floors."

@Hestia

Yes i did it is now my job to make sure to throw one teasing sentence every time. i say to you with a grin on my face as i continue walking alongside you. So then Bosses can have lots of health, high mit, and other nonsense to make it tedious. Got it. I say to you with a smile on my face at least knowing what to possibly expect from a boss of some type, but definitely not this one if it is more equine, or goat like in nature. Meaning the damage is going to be higher for certain while sacrificing mitigation for the damage. Though the only thing that is curious is the way there was lightning in that room. So then how much farther is the waterfall? I ask curiously as we continue walking along the castle slowly becoming farther and farther away from the two of us as we walk along for who knows how long already. Myself already ignoring the time it takes since that would just make this feel like it is going longer then it could actually be.

"How about we stop and listen?"  When they stopped they would hear the rumbling sound of the falls and Itzal would turn around a bend to show her the sight.  There were two falls, one in front of them and one that flowed beside them.  There was a bridge going over the second one and Itzal lead her to the center of the bridge.  When they reached it they could look at either the waterfall in full display, or look over the floor and see the sun setting.  Due to the sun's position the waterfall would sparkle and shine brightly and beautifully.  Itzal was silent as he just marveled at the beauty in the world.  "I looked it up by the way.  You can find sights like this in the real world as well.  Places that just..  Take your breath away.  The world can be a beautiful place just as it is dangerous."  Velnia landed on Itzal's shoulder and leaned against him as he watched the sunset...  Then after a moment of silence she got bored and went into his bag looking for the sandwiches.

@Hestia

I walk along you with a smile as i look out towards the sun setting more so then the waterfall. having always found the sunset to be one of the most beautiful things that can tug at a heart. Something about the natural cycle of light and dark being something i like. I chuckle a bit realizing that it might be reflected in the song lyrics that i chose that seem to have ab it of light and dark imagery throughout the songs, and even ironically enough my want of harmony being as such. The balance of two things creating that sort of twilight hour. Myself i don't notice as my familiars carefully lands on the bridged since he is a big and heavy lion as he looks towards towards the sunset alongside me. So then Itzal what do you plan to do when you escape? For myself i think i might take up performance as a actual profession. That is assuming of course if my second performance in Aincrad goes okay. Since the first you can never be to sure who will show up for it. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders.