[OP-F1] Virtual World of Secrets

"The streets are dark, lined with empty shops and horrified players that had reality hit them, that it was no longer a game. It was currently night, around eleven in the afternoon. I was tired, but there wasn't any hotels for the next three or four blocks of the town. I paced myself, walking down the stone brick lined streets of the town of new beginnings, the way the bricks looked and the was most of the buildings were placed reminded me of the roman empire, strong, but would inevitably fall apart. I sat down at a bench that was lit by a lamppost, looking up to see the fire dance within the tinted glass of the post. Adding a almost happy lighting to this world of tragedy and forgiveness. I closed my eyes to think to myself, nothing is ever truly what it seems. There is more secrets in the world then answers, just because it is all virtual doesn't mean it isn't there. Always something to be found, always something new to discover. But the truth isn't for everyone, I think this to myself as I look around at the few people on the street, they almost look shocked or afraid of the new world around them. Knowing they were happy and with their friends hour before the news. I opened my menu and got myself a quick snack, some crackers I got from a player who wanted a dagger I found. It wasn't a rare weapon either, just a dagger. This is Grimm, signing off. 11:34 PM April, 13th, 2023" Grimm closed his menu, finally finishing his log for the day, doing this to keep his sanity. He already lost a lot. He stayed at the bench under the light of the post, and began to finish off his crackers.

(OOC: Anyone can join in... But im specifically inviting these two, go ahead and join if you want to:)

@Outlander @Pinball

Edited by Grimm

It was nighttime again in the first floor. Most players would be heading over to inns and taverns, or their shops/homes. Some players, like Dazia for example, weren't going to call it a night just yet. Dazia still wondered how her young friend, Yinangi, could also stay up this late. "I'm still surprised you aren't going to sleep or something. I know you're pretty much an orphan and all, but don't you still have a bedtime or something?" Still full of energy, Yinangi said, "I sleep when I want to. I don't want to right now." Dazia didn't really understand why children can just have so much energy like this. "*sigh*, Fine, I'm bound to do something before I turn in for the night, so I guess you can tag along a bit more tonight." This twelve year old sometimes got on Dazia's nerves, but otherwise was a good friend. Dazia noticed someone on a bench...and of course this would happen. "He looks a bit lonely. Why don't you talk to him?" Typical Yinangi, always dragging Dazia out of her comfort zone.

@Grimm

Grimm was finishing off his crackers and was about to reopen the log to describe how impressed he was with the games taste and food, when he heard someone talking he looked up and noticed two girls, one with long black hair and with white short hair, they both had blue eyes which is a bit odd, from the looks of it, both were a bit younger than him. He heard one of them say "He looks a bit lonely..." At first, Grimm thought they were just talking about a friend of theirs, assuming those still existed in this place, Grimm lost his. He took a moment to reflect on that. But he looked up at them for a second, wanting to hear more about the conversation, that's how information travels without the menu. He noticed they were both looking his direction. Formerly, he thought they were looking through him, he turned around to see who was there, but no one was, he looked back assuming they were talking about him and decided to play dumb if they were. He finished off his crackers and opened his log adding. A “P.S. Crackers were surprisingly salty.” to his previous entry. He looked through his somewhat transparent menu towards the two players. One of the two kinda looked like they didn’t want to be there.

@Dazia

Edited by Grimm

Pinball walked down the streets of the First Floor, twirling his spear over his head like an over-sized baton. His eyes half closed, he looked really tired, as if he hadn't slept in a while. Every now and then he'd trip and stumble, and his spear twirling would pause, only for him to recover and resume. Nobody is out this late, he knew, and that was how he liked it. There were a couple of naturally occuring things in this world that put an emotion in Pinball that he couldn't quite name; the rain, the rising and setting sun, and night time. Even though he couldn't name the feeling, the dark has to be the loneliest one. Pinball stopped spinning his weapon over his head, taking the cursed spear in one hand, the momentum throwing the spearhead towards the down, where it collided with the cobbled streets with an audible thwack. "Mmm," he grunted, hefting the spear over his shoulder, with two hands now; tying his spear to his back with the leather string he used as a makeshift sheathe. The spear stuck further out than Pinball was tall, making it look a bit goofy, but he had his reasons as to why he carried it like that. Pinball stopped, walked/stumbled over to the nearest wall, leaned against it, and slumped to the ground, breathing heavily through his nose, watching the night sky through half-closed eyelids. 

Lindsey was currently contemplating to herself wondering what the night would bring. She couldn’t sleep, she was restless, to many thoughts jumping around like a wildfire hitting a dry field of grass in her mind. Walking down the dimly lit streets of the town of new beginnings. It was unusually quiet, even for it being night, a game that started with over ten thousand people shouldn’t be this quiet. Unless Kayba decided to separate players onto different servers. She sighed, looking into the night sky, you can see where the skybox is bounding the virtual world, not allowing others to leave. Her orange gold eyes darting from star to star. Looking down, she noticed a man at a bench, he had black hair and a mask made out of some kind of thin clothes fabric looping around his head. She she was currently wearing her battle dress. A black and orange gold styled cloak with patterns running down the sides. She sat down at the bench next to him, looking around and noticing there were others nearby, two girls, and a man with, purple eyes. “Excuse me, do you know where I can find a cheap inn?” Epsilon asked politely towards the stranger.

@Grimm @Pinball @Dazia

Edited by Epsilon

Dazia looked at the player Yinangi was trying to push her towards. She looked back at Yinangi. She looked at the young player as if to say, "Are you serious?". Haven't this child's parents ever once thought about teaching her about stranger danger before they wound up dead? "What's with the look, Dazia? Of course I'm serious. Besides, you'd probably have a better chance at having a conversation with that guy than I could." "Yinangi, why don't you instead ask yourself why I would speak with him. Because I currently have no reason to speak with him." Yinangi rolled her eyes. "I can't be your only friend, you know." Dazia was about to say something, but nothing came out. Friends and allies were definitely a must in a game like this, so Yinangi's words made a minor point, as well as dealt a blow. Of course, Yinangi wasn't her only friend, bus she still didn't have many. A player that seemed tired slumped down with his back to the wall, practically about to fall asleep, and another player decided to sit down on the bench beside the player that was already on it, then asked if he knew where to find a cheap inn.