[F18-PP] The Ancient myth <<Just For The Halibut>>

Baldur gave a small smirk at Hestia's question to Pinball. He had known the boy's type, and could already guess the answer to the question. Baldur had lived many different lives in his journey already. As a young introvert, as a less young extrovert, as a man somewhere in the middle, and now as... whatever he would call this version of himself. Now as Baldur. The Samurai's smile didn't quite touch his eyes, but the enthusiasm of the young, and Pinball's energetic nature amused Baldur and brought him some measure of peace. People were still people. It could be hard, on the frontline, with everyone facing death and the stakes becoming so real, to remember that there were people out there just trying to get through the day one day at a time, and being able to enjoy simple pleasures like swimming or playing in the lake still happened.

This is what we're fighting for.

He hated asking kids like Pinball, or Hestia, or Beatbox, or Azide... to risk their lives and fight. But the willing were far, far, outnumbered by the unwilling. And if the players like Pinball and Hestia didn't step up, none of them would be free.

And then the real fight will begin.

He pushed aside thoughts of reverse culture shock, and what he would do once he woke up, atrophied in a hospital bed.

"I'm not sure we'd want him to be normal. Then he wouldn't' be Pinball."

Baldur gave a warm smile to the youth, though his steel blue eyes seemed weathered by time.

@Pinball

Edited by Baldur
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball heaved a sigh, water still dripping from his hair and his clothes. Should have brought a towel, he thought, would speed up the process. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the water; rather, it was the way it felt on his skin. The game had done everything too well, but water wasn't included in that list. It was one of the things that still brought him back to reality. "I'm not weird, damn it," he protested. "It was an old poem I read in school once. Or... did you mean in general?"  He adjusted the leather strap of his weapon, the long blade of his spear sticking well out past his head and shoulder. His ears burned, thinking it looked goofy, though he knew people had seen him wear it like this many times before. Nonetheless, pulled it off and around his shoulder, planting the butt of the shafted weapon in the dirt. "I think I'm going to head home," he said slowly, pointing back to the direction of the main settlement. "I want to take a nap after that." He started to walk away, paused then turned back to Baldur and Hestia. "Uhh, it was fun. Check.. see you later." He snapped a quick finger gun, hefted his spear, and made haste. I'm going to make cookies for dinner.

I smile a bit at Baldur's comment as i chuckle a bit to myself. Yeah i guess you got a point Baldur. He wouldn't be Pinball if he didn't have those weird slash strange moments that he has from time to time. I say jokingly with a grin on my face as i look towards the Spear wielder who looks slightly awkward? 'Or was it embarrassed?' I shrug my shoulders to my mental question as i then look towards Pin with a smile. Well even if it was a old poem you're still you Pin. Never change. I say with a bright smile on my face as i then give a wave to him as he departs from the area as i give a nod and a smile towards Baldur as i take our poles and hands it to the NPC old man at the shack. Mission accomplished old man. Myself, and my friends managed to take down that ancient fish, and we even have proof. I say tossing the trinket on over towards the old man who inspects it and with a gasp says. I don't believe my eyes. It actually looks like it came from that living legend. You three have done the impossible. Please keep that little trinket, and here is some money for helping an ol' man out. he says as he hands us some COL for completing the quest with a kind smile. I just give a kind smile back. Thank you so much for your kindness sir. I hope you have a wonderful day. I say politely as i then turn to Baldur and gives a thumbs up. If you ever need a ally by your side Baldur give me a ring i'll be there as fast as i can. I hope i can count on you too if i ever need help. Have a good day! Hope to see you again in the future! I say cheerfully as i take the trinket and then goes off since it seemed no one had any explicit interest in it.

Summary

Hestia: 2900 COL, 4 SP

Baldur: 2900 COL, 4 SP

Pinball: 2900 COL, 4 SP, <Gleaming Fish Scale>> [Tier 2 Perfect Trinket]: A Small Scale that is encapsulated by a small glass orb filled with water, to keep the scale from drying out. The orb is attached to a string to be worn around the neck (+1 LD, +2 Prosperity)