[F03|PP] Hunting Cow People <<Search for the Hoya>> (Rithe, Kataware, Pinball, Neopolitan)

Dustin looked at the group and accepted  the ice cream girl’s party invite. “I guess we should get going then. When we’re done we should meet back at the edge of town, and I’ll buy drinks.” He says with a huge smile on his face as he looks at the ice cream girl and grins. His body turns and he breaks off into a sprint in the general direction of the quest marker, moving and thinking at breakneck speeds. I guess I’ll have to be the fastest one here, if not, I’ll be useless. His legs pushed him forward and he drew his sword. His body moved in almost a blur as he sped through the town.

He takes his first step out of town and still runs as fast as he can, moving towards the forest in which the field boss can be found. He moves in and hears loud foot steps and stops. His hand moves up and pulls down his hood as he looks at the girl who appeared to be made of ice cream. “Let’s get some angus beef.” He runs in and instantly jumps up, slashing at the beast in a V formation and falling back to the ground. A huge smile appears on his face and he seems happier than ever before. “It’s about time I get to kill something.” His sword hand out to his side, unwavering. His body in perfect tandem. It was like a well oiled machine.

Spoiler

Action: Vertical Arc on Hoya

ID: 106073

BD: 8

Dustin uses Vertical Arc on Hoya

5 x 4 = 20 DMG

45 - 20 = 25 HP

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA (H:1)

Hoya: 25/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Rithe @Pinball @Neopolitan @Kataware

Edited by Dustin

Dustin took off just after accepting her party invite. Knowing that she would be responsible for him if he died, Neo turned towards the group, shrugged, and took off after him. There wasn't space between the two of them, and she managed to catch up rather quickly. Dustin took the liberty of engaging with a Hoya and dropped its health a fair amount. Neo thought it might be fun to show off her skills a little. She charged up her sword art, blade glowing blue, and launched from her sprint into the Hoya. Going over the now grounded Dustin, she nailed it in the head with the first thrust, and launched it into the air. Jumping after it, she let loose a second strike higher up to bring the beast towards the ground. She impaled it as it fell to the ground, and brought it back up into a standing position. It staggered as she gave the fourth strike through the chest, causing it to sail into one of the floor's trees. As it was stunned up against the tree, Neo leapt after it and pinned both of its hands into adjacent trees with two more thrusts. The trail she left was in the shape of a cross now, and the disintegrating Hoya dropped its ax as it had its hands stretched wide. Neo swiped her blade to the side and then sheathed it. Turning towards Dustin, she kept her face emotionless. There was no need for communication, she spoke with the actions she took. Of course, the attack may have been a bit more effective if her familiar had caught up, though for now she would be just fine as is. The monster was down, no need for more overkill.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106076

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 - hit (7 * 6 = 42 damage)

CD: 12 - recovery

Party 1:

[H: 1] @Dustin: 160/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA

[H: 1] @Neopolitan: 440/440 HP | 40/44 ENG (-6 sword art; +2 recovery) | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 9/10 12 BLD | 9-10 PARA | REC 2

Enemy:

Hoya: 0/45 HP (-42) | 30 DMG

Rithe is bewildered as the two parties get moving. It seems like just a minute ago, the entire group was wondering about who should go on what party. And now they were running towards the quest marker. She struggles to catch up to her allies, trying not to fall too far behind. Quickly, the forest gives way to the maze, and the first minotaur rears its head. But in an instant, with two coordinated strikes from from Dustin and the girl with the colorful hair, the beast was felled. Rithe blinks in shock. "What just happened? As soon as I show up, all I see is pixels." she manages to mumble, amazed. She looks back at Kataware and the boy with the shadow cat, shrugging in confusion. "Is that it? Or was there another one?" She was almost underwhelmed by the quest. Maybe Dustin didn't really need all this help. Not that she minded being with the group, it just seemed unnecessary given what she now knows. 

@Pinball  @Kataware

Edited by Rithe

Well damn, okay. 
Pinball watched as Dustin brought his sword across the minotaur in a quick assault, and he watched as the neopolitan-girl completely obliterated the rest of the monster's healthbar. He frowned. Well, that kind of ruins the fun for the others, doesn't it? He shook his head, closing his eyes and burying his hands in his pockets. Zomekko faded back into fog, and retreated back into her jar. I guess I should just be glad everyone's safe. That was what he had came here for. Nobody really knew who he was here, and he appreciated that. He felt secure in anonymity; like he could connect with anyone without fear of judgement if one knew of his newly-acquired position in the frontlines. Maybe it was just him bragging to himself about himself, but that was how he felt on the subject. He shrugged back at the dark-haired girl, glancing over to Kataware as well. "I guess so.

Kataware watched as the Neapolitan-colored girl obliterated the minotaur, the mob’s health bar disappearing quickly and its body disintegrating into multiple shards which quickly vanished. She gave a curt nod towards the girl and then looked at the rest of the party. “I’ve heard there were two. We can either move on forward into the maze, or kill the other minotaur. The latter ultimately unnecessary while the former is required for the quest.”

Although Kataware knew that the attack wasn’t particularly strong, she also felt as if it was take a bit of time to get to that level. Although, she also knew that she wouldn’t be doing attacks like those. She had her own playstyle in mind, which, hopefully, would help the frontliners clear the floors even quicker. “The clock is ticking,” she thought aloud. Every moment she was here, the more time was wasted. And in her opinion, two years was too much.

@Dustin

The boy listens to the players talking to him. “I have an idea. First we’ll go through the maze. And I’ll talk to each of you individually. If enough of you want to keep this thing going, we can kill the second Minotaur.” His smile grows on his face. He takes a step into the maze and laughs. “Hopefully this won’t take long.” He takes a few more steps into the maze and realizes there is two paths. “We should stick together. For two reasons, one, so I don’t have to hunt any thieves down. And Two, so I can get and idea of what to do next.” He says, as he continues straight past the turn. Before he can completely pass the turn he pulls out a small rock from a long time ago. He kneels down and places it by the corner of the turn he is passing. We can’t afford to get lost in this maze.

@Rithe@Neopolitan@Pinball@Kataware

With the minotaur down and the arrogance bridled at least in part, Neo sheathed her weapon and followed Dustin into the maze. She decided to let him lead, not feeling the need to do so herself. Besides, he was the one that put all of this together. If he wanted to take command she would let him, all shewanted to prevent was there being another death on her hands. There was enough of that as it was. The maze itself was rather plain, made out of hewn stone and going in many different directions. As it twisted, turned, and split, she would follow Dustin wherever he decided to go in search of the Hoya. She had no need for the item herself, but at least turning it in would give her a little extra bump in her experience. Until any other threats came their way, Neo decided to just hang in the back and let others take the lead.

@Rithe@Pinball@Kataware

She was very confused. Did he want me to go with him? He said something about talking to each of us individually, but then he says he wants to stick together as a group. The group of them finally enters the maze, much to the dread of Rithe. Oh no.. I guess sticking together is mandatory. At least in my case. She was becoming more afraid of the possibility of getting lost than she was of encountering a second minotaur. Dustin leaves, his pink haired friend continuing closely afterward, provoking Rithe to follow. "I guess, I'll just..?" She looks to her partymembers, Kataware and the boy with the shadowy cat, slightly bewildered. She shakes her head, shrugs to herself and walks after the two who had left. Sometimes, just going with the flow is the smartest plan of action. She hesitates in her thoughts. Right? They both seem to be competent fighters and experienced players, so letting them lead shouldn't be a problem. 

@Pinball@Kataware

Pinball was immediately put off by the party's intent to continue into the maze. He frowned to himself, shoving his hands deeper into his coat pockets. "I think I'm gonna dip," he said quietly, mostly to Rithe and Kataware. "You guys have got this." Pinball started to back up as the rest of the party decided to move forward. Between Neopolitan and Dustin, Pinball figured that they had most monsters on this floor under control. All Pinball would do was draw stronger monsters to them - mobs as powerful as this floor gets, if not stronger. Pinball was conflicted, but ultimately he decided it was time for him to go. Pinball tugged at the hems of his white, fur-lined coat, straightened his leather padding, and turned around. He would come back out the way they came, and hopefully nobody died because of his absence. Pinball threw a thumbs up as he walked off, still mostly to the people who had been in his party. "Catch ya later," he mumbled, almost too quiet to be heard. 

<<PINBALL LEAVES THE THREAD>> 

@Kataware

Edited by Pinball