[SP/F17] <<Challenge of Olympus>>

Spoiler

Floor 17
<<Challenge Of Olympus: Blacksmith>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 1 (Solo Only)
Must be Rank 2+ Blacksmith | Non-Repeatable
Credit: @Hestia / @Itzal

aguLnP3NCVDpjMeQ-GOOXuZ4WXrBxAkMZ4CblULj

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Tool, Hephaestus's Hammer

Objectives:

• Roleplay The Challenge:
    • Meet with the satyr on Floor 17.
    • Meet with Hephaestus outside of Mt. Olympia and accept his challenge.
    • Describe the details of the challenge, face-off with Hephaestus and roleplay out how you best the God of the Forge.

Summary:
Disclaimer:  The God(s) in this quest are NPCs for RP flavor only and cannot engage in combat nor affect the world in any way other than what’s described.

Blacksmiths who have reached rank 2 in their profession receive a notification stating that a rare quest is available to them on floor seventeen. Upon arriving to the floor, a satyr's sudden appearance will easily startle nearby NPCs, and he promptly inform you that you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. It seems that Hephaestus himself would like to challenge you to a Battle of Crafts.

Players must RP meeting with Hephaestus, and they are free to describe the details of the challenge that is issued however they like as long as it pertains to blacksmithing. They must RP the challenge out appropriately, encouraged to make the crafting battle very difficult, though not impossible. 

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • All crafting done in this quest is RP only--no rolls required, and items cannot be given stats or submitted for evaluation.

Edited February 20, 2018 by Cardinal

Yui's Blessing Used: +1 SP

Alec was once more working in his mentor Macradon's forge within the back of his shop the Blazing Typhoon where he had just finished crafting for the day when he heard a chime. The large man glanced around but saw nothing that could have caused the noise. As he was shifting items around within his inventory he noticed a new icon. It looked like an unopened envelope, the universal sign of mail in an inbox. Unfortunately Alec had no idea how to open it so he left it alone and finished his cleaning duties before wishing his mentor a good night and heading home to his own house in a secluded corner of the Fourth Floor of Aincrad. Alec continued his mentorship with Aincrad's foremost and only Grandmaster Blacksmith Macradon. The large man loved his position as Macradon's apprentice learning the tricks of the trade from the games greatest Blacksmith. 

Edited by Alec

Finally the day came and Macradon came to Alec and announced that he was sending Alec to the Seventeenth Floor in response to the letter Alec had received. It appeared Hephestus the God of the Forge was summoning Alec. From what Alec was able to piece together from the letter and his mentor Hephestus was putting out a challenge in Blacksmithing and Macradon informed his apprentice that he was sending Alec to represent the Blazing Typhoon. Alec nodded to his mentor and informed him that he would do him proud and represent his mentors shop in the challenge against the God of the Forge. Macradon literally pushed and shoved the larger man out the door of his shop and wished him farewell and godspeed on his journey and good luck in his competition with Hephestus.

Alec made his way to the Teleporter in the center of the Town of Beginnings and as he reached the center he spoke in a deep baritone rumble. "Athenaia." Instantly the large man disappeared and reappeared in a Grecian city made predominantly of white marble. Alec stepped off the Teleporter pad and looked around wondering where exactly he was supposed to be going. The message and his mentor's instructions simply said to go to the Seventeenth Floor. With a shrug Alec began to wander the streets of the town admiring the architecture and craftsmanship the game developers had put into this town. As the large man walked the streets he was surprised when he heard a strange noise behind him that sounded like a whooshing of air. Alec turned around to see a large circle standing in mid air and view inside it that did not match the view behind the circle.

Alec was even more surprised to see a small, at least small for him, creature that appeared to have the lower body of a goat and the upper body of a man. Alec knew enough mythology to recognize a Satyr when he saw one, and he was staring at an irritated Satyr holding a clipboard and rubbing the small of his back. Needless to say the sudden opening of done strange circular hole in the air and the mythological creature suddenly appearing in the center of the street had caused quite the uproar and people were scrambling away from the pair and opening a wide berth around the spectacle. Alec stopped and glanced around himself seeing it was he and the Satyr standing alone in the middle of a wide circle. "Uhh....H-hello?" The large man offered by way of a greeting to the new comer. The Satyr stared back at the large man with an irritated look on his face. "Uuhhh....h-h-h-hello." the Satyr stammered back quite rudely. "Ugh, are all of YOUR kind always so dense?" The Satyr asked obviously very vexed.

"Your kind?" Alec asked some what indignantly. "What do mean by that? YOUR kind?"

"Duh. Humans." The Satyr continued speaking with sarcasm and quite a bit of irritation in his voice. "First it was the fascinated hayseed idiot with all his gawking and lookie louing. "Ooohhhh......this is fascinating, that is fascinating yyyoouuuu'rrreeee SO fascinating." The Satyr said in a nasally mocking tone. "I mean really. Come on! It's like he's never seen anything more interesting than a one horse town. And Goat Doofus?!? GOAT DOOFUS?!?! Ooohhhh if I ever find the gawking idiot I swear I'll make sure he ends up in a matching cage." The Satyr growled. "Then our zoo can at least have a mating pair of humans." The Satyr finished nearly in a whisper. "Yeah that'd show that baffoon. Yes it would. Call me Goat Doofus will he." The Satyr trailed off continuing to grumble as he ground his teeth and stomped his hooves on the marble walkway slipping slightly on the smooth polished stone.

@Bahr

Edited by Alec

Then it was that insufferable young woman with incessant inappropriate petting and scratching. I mean come on really!! You can't just go around petting and scratching anyone you want anywhere you want!!" The Satyr continued the irritation in his voice rising as he continued. "I still have half a mind to report her to HR. This ok for work place touching and then there's NOT ok for workplace touching!! I have a wife and kids after all. His am I supposed to explain the matted here near my tail?!?" The Satyr asked indignantly. "And don't even get me started on the piggy back rides. I'm still trying to work the kinks and knots out of my back from that. Do you have any idea how many chiropractic visits I've had to go to this last week? I mean seriously I've got good health insurance but no one's insurance covers THAT many visits." The Satyr finished gruffly.

@Kityuisa

"And now I'm stuck with you, Lunk." The Satyr said in exasperation. "I mean seriously how do I end up with all the winners?!?" The Satyr exclaimed in exhaustion. "Phil and Steve don't end up with these problems. Their charges are all respectful and appropriately subservient and I get you lot of mouth breathers. Let me guess you're a Blacksmith huh?" The Satyr asked as he stared at the large man with his jaw slack and hung open. "Mongo use hammer!! Mongo smash!" The Satyr pantomimed using a hammer to pound something invisible.

"I'm not sure I appreciate your tone and attitude." The large man said with a stern look on his face as stared down at the smaller creature. "What did I do to you to deserve this treatment?" Alec asked as he crossed his arms over his expansive chest.

"Don't you start with me big boy." The Satyr threatened as he limped forward favoring his tender back and waggling his finger at the much larger man. "I'm the one with the clipboard. I decide who gets into Mt Olympia and who doesn't. So don't get fresh with me Kronk."

"My name's Alec." The larger man stated flatly.

"I know your name's Alec." The Satyr stated sarcastically. "Hello. Clipboard? Remember? Of course you don't." The Satyr said with a sigh. "Big muscles small brains." The Satyr continued. "Well Gronk do ya wanna go see Hephestus or what? I'm tired of wasting time here and besides I have another chiropractor appointment in a hour and I can't be late or I lose my deductable. So let's go chop chop." The Satyr said as motioned the larger man to hurry up. As the Satyr took a step his leg gave way and he nearly crashed into the marble floor. "TO HADES WITH THIS!!!" The Satyr screamed. "You wanna see Hephestus you're gonna give ME a piggy back ride." The Satyr said pointing his thumb at his chest.

"A piggy back ride?" Alec asked very confused by the whole situation. "Ummm, ok. I guess." The large man stated not sure what exactly he was supposed to say but by then the Satyr was scrambling up onto the larger man's back and soon enough was perched atop Alec's shoulders with his hands wrapped tightly around Alec's head.

"Now gitty up Lurch!" The Satyr exclaimed with glee.

Alec wasn't exactly sure how this had all ended up the way it had but soon enough he found himself stepping through the open circular portal in the middle of the street and found himself instantly within a lavishly decorated area with lush cushions and masterful artwork. This truly had to be Olympia? Olympus? Alec was pretty sure it was supposed to be Olympus and Olympia was a beer from the Pacific Northwest. Maybe there had been a typo or a confusion in the translation. Either way Alec found himself walking through halls could only be the home of Gods. Alec spotted a man with a runners body and small wings affixed to his sandles. "Hiya horsey!" The Satyr called out as he kicked the larger man with his hooves. "I could get used to this." The Satyr exclaimed. "This must be how Minotaur's feel!! Stupid cousin Frank!" The Satyr exclaimed sourly. "I should have been a Minotaur and he could have been a small Satyr." Alec ignored the grumbles and complaints till he reached a set of downward stairs where the Satyr yanked back in his forehead and yelled out "Whoah horsey."

As Alec stopped the Satyr scrambled down the larger man's back to stand before him at the top of the steps as he pulled out his clipboard and flipped through a few pages before stopping and clearing his throat. "Attention attention hear ye hear ye. You Alec have been summoned to Mt Olympia by Hephestus God of the Forge who has issued you a formal challenge to complete in a test of Blacksmithing. Report forth with to Hephestus God of Forge or forever forgo any right or privellage to call yourself a Blacksmith. And which forge do you represent?" The Satyr asked finally sounding professional and authoritative for the first time since Alec had met the mythical creature.

Alec cleared his own voice before responding. "I represent my mentor Macradon's forge the BLAZING TYPHOON!" Alec finished as his deep baritone voice resonated off the pillars and marble surfaces surrounding him.

"Very well proceed into the domain of Hephestus God of the Forge and craft well or be shunned." The Satyr ended dramatically as he swept his arm down the stairs before him.

Alec slowly began to descend the wide marble steps toward the sound of a hammer ringing off metal. As the large man got closer the sound got louder and the temperature began to increase. Soon enough Alec found himself standing at the edge of a massive Blacksmith workspace with several large forges and numerous anvils and workbenches filling the room. The sole occupant of the room was a massively muscled man who made Alec's oversized frame and physic seem small by comparison. This man, or God, dwarfed Alec and made him feel like a child. As Alec stood observing this awesome specimen of physical strength and power the gargantuan man, God, turned around and laid eyes on not as large man standing at the edge of his workshop.

The massively oversized God set down his tools and crossed his exceptionally large arms across his massively oversized chest and eyed the large man standing at the edge of his forge with an appraising eye. "So you've finally arrived." The oversized God's voice boomed with authority. Took you long enough. I was beginning to think you'd never show."

"I meant no disrespect Lord Hephestus. I was waiting for my mentor to tell me I was ready to respond to your challenge." The large man returned in his deep baritone rumble, which now seemed not do deep and baritone like when compared to Hephestus's own voice.

"Well now that you're here, I've called you here to challenge you to a Blacksmithing competition. The gods are in need of weapons and armor for an endeavor that does not concern the likes of mortals. We shall each create our finest weapon and see who is a great smith." The gods voiced boomed. "DO YOU ACCEPT?!?"

"On behalf of my mentor Macradon and his forge the Blazing Typhoon I accept your challenge Hephestus God of the Forge. I shall craft the finest weapon ever beheld upon this or any other world." The large man stated defiantly as he he too now crossed his heavily muscled arms across his massive chest. 

Hephestus nodded his approval as he then uncrossed his arms and moved them to his hips. "Good! The rules for this competition are simple we each have three days to gather the materials we shall need to create our finest weapon then one day to craft it. GO!" The overly muscled God boomed as he then turned around and began walking about his forge examining items and removing some from the shelves while leaving others behind. Alec nodded both to himself and to the God of the Forge as he then turned around and walked out of Hephestus's forge to get some fresh air and think.

Alec walked along the marble walkways and halls lost deep in thought as ideas and inspirations ran through his mind at a fevered pace. He had three days to gather what materials he needed and return here to craft his weapon and show Hephestus just what being Macradon's apprentice meant. He was learning from the best so that one day he could hopefully be at least half as good as his mentor. An idea came to Alec and that idea blossomed into a plan causing a strong self assured smile to spread across his normally stern features. Alec nodded to himself as he turned and began walking with a destination in mind he had heard about only in rumor but never seen with his own eyes. Alec exited Mt Olympia and headed for Athenaia and the Teleport Pad located there. As Alec arrived he stepped up onto the Teleport Pad and said one word causing him to disappear and reappear on Floor Twenty Two where he set out for his destination.

Alec walked the Twenty Second Floor of Aincrad headed for a lake he had heard of call the Lake of Reflection or the Reflective Lake, something like that. The lake was supposed to reflect any light shine upon it sun, moon, stars. And Alec had a crazy idea he wasn't even sure it would work but it was worth a try. The large man arrived at the lake about mid day and sure enough the mirror like surface of the light shine blindingly with the reflective light of Aincrad's digital sun. Alec found a large smooth rock to sit and wait for the appointed time and the setting of the sun. The day was pleasant and peaceful as Alec lounged at the edge of the lake dozing in and out of sleep occasionally as he enjoyed the feel of the warm sun upon him and the gentle breeze.

The large man waited patiently for the sun to set over the hills and trees of the floor. As it became dark Alec removed his shield from his inventory and equipped it. He was about to test his idea and if it failed to work he would need to come up with a while new idea for this competition and he would be a day down to boot. As the moon rose over the trees and shone upon the waters crystal clear mirrored surface Alec stepped forward with his shield held before him. As the light from the moon bounced off of and reflected from the surface of the lake Alec stepped forward and shifted his shield catching the moon light reflected from the lakes surface with the mirrored surface of his shield and redirecting it back at the lakes mirror like surface. The moon light reflected off of the surface of the water striking Alec's mirrored shield and reflecting back at the lakes mirrored surface.

The moon light continued to reflect off of the lakes mirror like surface and striking the large man's mirrored shield where it reflected back at the lakes mirrored like surface where it reflected back at Alec's mirrored shield. The moon light became caught in an endless loop reflecting back upon itself an infinite number of times building in strength and intensity as it did so. Alec's shield Mirror's Embrace began to take up a harmonic vibration as the moon lights reflection and intensity gree exponentially. Soon the surface of the water picked up a matching harmonic vibration. The two vibrations resonated together causing Alec's shield to vibrate dangerously as the large heavily muscled man strained with ever fiber of his being to maintain the connection between the two reflective surfaces. As the resonance reached a crescendo there was a massive explosion that rocked the large man hurling him backwards into a tree where the sheer force if the blow coupled with the man's large frame caused the trunk of the tree to explode and the tree to topple over nearly crushing Alec in the process.

The large man picked himself up and stood up from the wreckage that used to be a tree that then exploded harmless into a shower of pixels he looked to the sight of where his experiment had been and a wide full smile spread across his face at what he witnessed. As Alec approached he saw an object hovering in the air halfway between the waters surface and where he had held his shield. The large heavily muscled Tank reached out a tentative hand and grasped the object hovering in the air. As his fingers wrapped around it he noted a cool sensation as his skin contacted it. Alec gently placed the item into his inventory and noted the tag attached to the item <<Essence of Moon>>. Yes with this he would craft a blade made of pure moonlight! Let's see Hephestus beat that! The large man thought to himself as he turned and began walking away from the lake.

The next order of business was to find a suitable material to construct the hilt from and Alec had am idea a piece of ivory would do just the trick so Alec took a quick trek to his home floor and set about trekking through the snow in search of the mammoths that roamed the floor. They usually travelled in herds and Alec was going to need a Bull Mammoth for just the right piece of ivory. As Alec made his way along the snow covered Fourth Floor he eventually encountered a herd of mammoths. Alec stepped forward and activated his Howl ability on one of the Bull Mammoths causing it to break from the herd and charge the heavily muscled tank. As the mammoth collided with the large man the crash was monumental and shook the entire floor causing minor avalanches in some of the nearer peaks. The battle between the Bull Mammoth and the heavily muscled Tank was the stuff of legends. The pair battled through the rest of the day and late into the night. Finally under a full moon at it's apex Alec struck the killing blow felling the mammoth and obtaining the ivory tusk he required.

Exhausted the large man slowly trudged to his Cabin on the Fourth Floor and crawled into his bed in his newly purchased bedroom and collapsed into oblivion. Alec slept for the entire day and the following night. Finally waking on the third and final day of the gathering portion of the competition. Feeling fully rested and reinvigorated Alec arose and had breakfast before making his way back to the Seventeenth Floor and finally Mt Olympia. Alec was ready he had a game plan and his needed supplies and was ready to defeat Hephestus the God of Forge in his Blacksmithing challenge and claim his victory in the name of his mentor Macradon. With a deep breath Alec entered the forge and beheld the awe inspiring sight of a god at work in his forge. As Alec approached the enormous mountain of a man, God, turned around and gazed at his competition. "Back so soon little one?" The enormously muscled God asked. "Sure you don't need the rest of your time to gather supplies? Id hate to hear excuses about how you list because you didn't have time to prepare." The god asked in a mildly sarcastic tone.