[F02 | R7 Cook] Grave Gourmet (Open)

In the middle of a small courtyard area found within Urbus upon the Second Floor, you stumble across a small, cylindrical stone building, a cracked but otherwise sturdy pyramid taking the position of 'roof'.  Smoke drifts daintily from the small chimney protruding from the rear, before dwindling off into nothing.  You enter what you would suspect to be front door, due to lack of any but one window and door, and are greeted by a silver-haired man leaning on a bar-style counter.  He offers you a seat on one of the half a dozen or so stools lined up beneath his perch.  The aroma of fresh cooking is the first thing you noticed as you entered the ramshackle diner.  The once allegedly bland walls of the cylindrical room happen to envelop the diner and hold the scent filling your nostrils with a heavy, red tint; the seats follow this scheme, and upon closer inspection, a glass display case can be seen down the right end of he counter.

---

Here's the deal for meals!

There is no set menu, so create your own (including if you want any special buffs)!  The amount paid for my services will quite obviously vary depending on how well I cook!

T1 Uncommon: 150 Col / 1 T1 Mat

T1 Rare: 200 Col / 2 T1 Mats

T1 Perfect: 250 Col / 3 T1 Mats

Feast: Price of desired rarity and Tier x2

Higher Tiers: +100 Col per Tier above T1 / Materials as above of the Tier desired.

Lower Tier Materials may be traded in pairs to cover one material of the Tier above. For example, two T1 mats can cover one T2 mat.

Pay what you want for vanity food. However, if you wish to pay nothing, the interaction must be roleplayed outside the shop.

Prices can be negotiated, and don't have to be Col or Mats.

Bad Vanity Items:

Spoiler

Thrashed Pancake - Bad Dessert: A single pancake on a plate... seems simple enough, until you realise the scratch marks the dish is laden with... it seems Hikari made this one.

I-Scream - Bad Dessert: Oh? You think this is a normal ice cream? Have you not read the name? Give it a lick, you'll regret it when you're running around like a headless chicken with a blazing tongue. (Two in Stock)

Broken Easter Egg - Bad Snack: Nothing more than a chocolate Easter Egg that broke while being crafted. It is beyond rebuilding.

NumGum - Bad Snack: Was originally supposed to be a wad of gum that would never lose its flavour. Instead it has the inverse effect... by numbing the consumer's tongue.

Bad Apple - Bad Snack: You know the occasional worm you find in apples? Say hello to the colony living in this one!

Good Vanity Items:

Spoiler

Supersweet Pancake - Good Dessert: A single pancake on a plate... seems simple enough, until you realise the insane amount of syrup the dish is laden with... it seems Grave made this one.

Somber Berry Shake - Good Dessert/Beverage: A dark purple milkshake made from the notoriously bland Somber Berries.  Bloodberry juice is mixed in to bring out the slightly bitter taste of the Somber Berry seeds.

Mantis Stick - Good Snack - Two in Stock: The meat from a Killer Mantis's arm strung out, sliced thinly and wrapped around a wooden skewer.  The meat is heavily juicy and somewhat sticky.

Spiral Flower Salad - Good Meal: A dozen red and yellow, snail-shaped flowers mixed in with spinach-like leaves in a light, somewhat sweet salad.

Ent Apple - Good Snack - Two in Stock: A golden-green apple wrapped in the fibres extracted from an Ent log, giving the flesh a much chewier texture.  The strings absorb the apple juices as they spill, not wasting a single drop.

Snow Cone - Good Dessert: Crushed shards of ice dropped by an Ice Elemental molded into a ball and placed in a cone made of paper.  The juice of an apple is lightly drizzled through the ice, giving it a tangy but sweet taste.

Coco Bar - Good Snack/Dessert: The sticky, chocolate-like sap from a Coco Reed, mixed up and solidified into something extremely reminiscent of a chocolate bar.

Avalanche Icecream - Good Dessert: Rather than an alcoholic snow cone, this time Grave used the shards dropped by the Avalanche to make a soft, slightly crunchy icecream, with a slightly lemony tang.

Wyvern Kebab - Good Snack: Using the meat from a Wyvern, Grave made a juicy kebab, one where the grease is quite visibly dripping off of the stick, even after all the meat has been devoured. No special effects, but tastes damn good.

Elephant Candy - Good RP Snack (Elephant Chords: Makes the consumer only able to converse in elephant noises for one thread.): Using an unknown material, Grave managed to craft a voice-altering sweet to grant a player tha ability to make elephant noises... at the cost of not being able to speak for quite some time. (Two in Stock)

Glow in the Dark Lollipop - Good RP Snack ( Glow in the Dark Tongue: Consumer's tongue glows in the dark for a thread - provides no buffs.):  Using a strange, gelatinous mass, Grave has created a lollipop that causes the consumer's tongue to glow in the dark. It has no practical use, but would be a pretty neat party trick. (Two in Stock)

Heat Pouch - Good RP Snack (Heat: Warms the consumer's body up and makes them immune to the cold (not including environmental hazards) for one thread.): Using a pouch of a similar material to ricepaper, Grave combined various spices to create a physical warming effect for those who adventure in harsh cold weather. (Two in Stock)

Cold Pouch - Good RP Snack (Cold: Cools the consumer's body down and makes them immune to the heat (not including environmental hazards) for one thread.): Using a pouch of a similar material to ricepaper, Grave combined various liquids and minerals to create a physical cooling effect for those who adventure in harsh hot weather. (Two in Stock)

Whisper Whisky - Good RP Beverage (Whisper: The consumer's voice is lowered to a whisper that can only be heard from a maximum of two meters away for one thread.): Using various liquids and saps that alter vocal chords, Grave managed to create a musk-tasting whisky that causes a player's voice to be reduced to nothing more than a whisper that can be only heard from two meters away. (Two in Stock)

Shouting Spirits - Good RP Beverage (Shout: The consumer's voice is heightened to a shout that can be heard up to half a kilometer away when used at full blast for one thread.): Using various liquids and saps that alter vocal chords, Grave managed to create a fiery vodka-like beverage that causes a player's voice to be raised to an enormous shout that, when used at full force, can be heard half a kilometer away. Perfect for dealing with crowds when no microphone is present. (Two in Stock)

Uncommon Items:

Spoiler

Chocolate Coin - T1 Uncommon Snack (Prosperity: +1 Mob Col Multiplier/1 thread): A small chocolate coin with tiny pieces of gold scattered throughout it. As unhealthy as it sounds, the gold pieces increase the consumer's wealth gained from slaying monsters.

Electrolyte Supplement (2) - T1 Uncommon Snack (Vitality: +2 EN): A small tablet filled with electrolytes that provides an instant, although minor boost to one's energy.

Granola Pop (2) - T1 Uncommon Snack (Accuracy: +1 BD/1 thread): A small ball of granola and berries stuck together on top of a lollipop stick. Consumers will find it surprisingly filling.

Meat Bun - T1 Uncommon Meal (Over-Health: +5% HP/1 thread): A round bread bun filled with a mince coated in a sticky, sweet sauce that tastes like cranberries.

Sand Burrower Fillet (2) - T1 Uncommon Meal (Mitigation: +5 MIT/1 thread): A crumbed piece of Sand Burrower meat, a deadly worm that resides within the deserts of Floor Five, filled with a couple of other herbs and vegetables. Usually tough, the flesh is softened by the juicy vegetables.

Sap Tart (3) - T1 Uncommon Dessert (Vitality: +2 EN): After liquefying a glob of glassy tree sap, the thick liquid is poured into a small pastry, with some dessert spices sprinkled over the top. These spices sink through the entire liquid until it hardens once more.

Spark Sugar - T1 Uncommon Snack (Vitality: +2 EN): A small yellow candy that supplies a very sharp burst of energy when dissolved.

Wasp Sweet (2) - T1 Uncommon Snack (Prosperity: +1 Mob Col Multiplier/1 thread): A small, round candy created from the poison that coats a Killer Wasp's stinger. Grave has found that the paralysis poison is easily cooked out, and has used what was left to create a very sweet, nectar-like candy.

Wolf Skin Patty - T1 Uncommon Snack (Probiotics: -3 DOT DMG/1 thread): Grave has managed to cleanly remove the skin from the pelt of a wolf, turning the juicy flesh into a small meat patty that can easily be eaten on the go.

Chameleon Kebab - T2 Uncommon Snack (Probiotics: -6 Status Effect Damage/1 thread):  The meat from a chameleon cut up into small cubes and skewered on a stick.

Fox Cookie - T2 Uncommon Snack (Evasion: +2 EVA/1 thread): A cookie in the shape of a fox. Provides the consumer with the animal's agility.

Rare Items:

Spoiler

Drake Cut (6) - T1 Rare Meal (Accuracy x2: +2 BD/1 thread): A large, juicy cut of meat from an Ice Drake, seasoned with various spices and herbs.

Golden Tea - T1 Rare Snack (Accuracy x2: +2 BD/1 thread): A hot cup of yellow-tinted tea with a strong lemon and herb taste.

Honey Rice - T1 Rare Meal (Accuracy: +1 BD/1 thread | Evasion: +1 EVA/1 thread): A small bowl of white rice soaked in honey and lightly coated with cinnamon, creating a sweet, spicy and savory meal.

Hunter Burger - T1 Rare Meal (Protein (x2): +2 DMG, -10 * Player Tier MIT/1 thread): A small large burger with a herbal, spicy meat and a variety of sliced spicy vegetables.

Potato Soup - T2 Rare Meal (Mitigation (x2): +20 MIT/1 thread): A small bowl of creamy, steamy potato soup with croutons.

Roasted Eel - T2 Rare Meal (Mitigation (x2): +20 MIT/1 thread): A chewy cooked eel on a stick covered in a sticky, tangy sauce.

Perfect Items:

Spoiler

Apple Cider - T1 Perfect Snack (Vitality (x2): +4 EN | Loot Die: +1 LD/1 thread): A large glass of a golden, fizzy cider brewed from the juice of a Fool's Apple, a golden-green apple with exceptionally soft flesh and an almost strawberry-sweet flavour.

Berry Mint Gum - T2 Perfect Snack (Probiotics (x3): -18 DOT DMG/1 thread): A small wad of chewing gum infused with berry and mint flavouring, as well as some special minerals that purge harmful effects from the consumer's body.

Fizzy Bomb - T2 Perfect Snack (Vitality (x3): +12 EN): A small round, golden candy that is filled with fizzy sherbert. The buzz of the sherbert as a player bites into it can keep them awake for days.

Edited by Grave
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 28765

CD: 4 = Failure

XP: 1

Sweat grew on my brow as I looked at the monster I managed to make - and mangle further than what it already had been.  It was burnt black, with weird tentacle-like appendages sprouting from it... It looked honestly horrid.  I threw that in the trash and moved onto the next.

ID: 28766

CD: 6 = Bad Item

LD: 2 = Salvage Fail

Well, I managed to make something second try... It looked like some kind of... Green apple pie.  It couldn't hurt to give it a tas-

OH MY GOD, I spat the contents right into the open bin, trying to rub my tongue clean.  It tasted like... Like some kind of squash mixed with an eggplant it tasted SO HORRIBLE.  I slid it into the bin and made my way back to the counter, sitting down at the stool behind it, my head in my hands.

Crafts left for Aug 25: 0

XP Earned: 2

ID: 28835

CD: 7 = Bad item

LD: 13 = Salvage fail

Well, I butchered a perfectly good set of savoury crackers.  I was on the verge of crying on the broken and somewhat charred shards of biscuit.  I swept them up and dropped them in the trash, ready for the next failure.

ID: 28844

CD: 4 = Failure

Alright, I am literally on the verge of giving up.  I mean - what in hell did I make?!  It looked like some kind of sea urchin with blue spots all over, and it just crumbled at my touch!  This is no fun...

Crafts left for Aug 26: 0

XP Earned: 2

Edited by Grave

ID: 28980

CD: 8 = Good Item

XP: 2

FINALLY!  I made something!  I managed to make a small savoury tart.  Wasn't going to fill anyone up much, nor did it have any special effects, but it was a start, that's for sure.  It looked pretty decent too; a sticky quiche-like filling, surrounded by brown (sadly not golden) pastry, covered in white specks.  Pleased, I slid the tart into the display case.

ID: 28981

CD: 6 = Bad item

LD: 2 = Salvage fail

Of course, so wasn't so happy with my next dish.  I tried another savoury tart, but this one was absolutely burnt; not even any use if I could take it apart and reuse the materials.  I scraped it into the bin and made my way back to the counter.

Crafts left for Aug 27: 0

Earned XP: 3

Total XP: 7

Beoreson dragged himself out of the tavern on the fourth floor as he needed to eat before hibernating and, letting his wounds heal. Beoreson enters the dinner. He brings his heavily injured body inside and looks around. He had heard that the dinner had been open with the guild's namesake. He gave the building his nod of approval and, looked for the silver hired man. He walks over to the man after locating him, and asks Grave,"Hey, heard you opened shop. Mind if I buy my dinner here?"  He waits for the answer he wraps a bandage around the last exposed cut and, looks towards him.

My head popped up to a familiar voice; Beoreson from my guild, and boy did he look banged up!  I had to almost choke myself to resist from laughing. "Beoreson, you look like crap." I told him, and he asked if he could buy dinner. "Beor, you look absolutely smashed.  Screw buying dinner, you can have the one decent dish I have for free." I offered, still resisting from laughing.  I reached into the glass display case, slid the Quiche Pie out and placed it on the counter, a friendly smile on my lips.

Beoreson looked towards to the graying man. "I just soloed avalanche. So, I figured that I wouldn't  in the the best of shape. But, smashed is putting it lightly. Over half my wounds have healed." says the warrior with a a grin. "Thanks for the pie. " says the warrior as he picks up the food item. He was finding it odd that so many people where nice here. Even if they where in a guild together. "So, what have you been up to?" asks the warrior as pulls a knife out and, starts to slice the pie.

I turned back to my cooking gear and began to whip up another item.  I epically failed the first (but thankfully managed to pull it apart and regain the materials before I butchered it too far), and the next looked... Decent, to put it nicely.  I grabbed the latter and slid it into the display case.  My head perked up when Beor spoke.

"Not much.  Planning on picking up a familiar on this floor soon, most likely with Xion.  We haven't had some one-on-one friend time for almost a month, I think." I explained, scratching my chin. "How about you?  What's the news of everybody's favourite klutz?  Aside from getting massacred in that quest you mentioned, I mean." I teased.

The warrior thinks for a minute as he starts to eat the pie with the knife. "I went with Mack to pick up a familiar not to long ago." says the warrior trying to remember all that he has done in the recent month. "I been grinding almost non-stop for a while. I trained a recruit named Vasth, and have been working on my blacksmithing." says the warrior finishing off what he has done in the last month. "I also, picked up self sacrifice tactics. Take a hit in order to attack the enemy." says the warrior with a half grin thinking that is how he got himself into his current situation.

"Don't go getting yourself killed, alright?  We can't lose our Quartermaster.  That's be a problem for the guild." I explained, my tone half sarcastic, half not.  I strolled around the counter and dropped my rear onto the seat beside the warrior while he ate. I sat in silence for a few moments, before springing the question trying to pry my lips apart. "How's the pie?" I asked, genuinely curious.

Beoreson nods to Grave,"I know that. Have you seen Lindow around he disappeared off of the guild list" says the warrior as he opens up the menu. "Pretty good." says the warrior not quite sure how to describe the taste. "It's the first thing other then, basic bread that I have eaten so, I have to say this is really good." says the warrior with a grin. He eats another portion of the pie as he thinks about why Lindow would disappear off the list. He thinks to himself "He might have accidentally quit the guild."

I almost choked up.  Removed from the guild list?  It's rather difficult to accidentally remove yourself from the guild... So the only other reason was...

I decided not to tell Beor. I coughed to cover up my choke. "Y-yeah, I guess so." No I don't. "Those things happen often, right?" No they don't. "He'll be fine, I'm sure." No he won't. I didn't have the heart to tell the warrior beside me... Or was it out of fear for the rage that might come with it? Whatever the reason, I didn't want to dwell over it for long.

Beoreson seemed more at ease that someone had agreed with him. He finished up the pie. He does a cool little spin and, puts the knife in it's sheath. "I'll look into it." says the warrior as he starts to get up. He looks to Grave,"Where do you want me to put this plate?" asks the warrior as he stands up. He was going to put it wherever the sliver haired man asked him to. He looks at the time and, sees that it was getting rather late. "Sorry for keeping you. I didn't realize how late it was." says the warrior apologizing for his late appearance at the shop. "I'm going to go and, hit the sack." says the warrior waving good bye to Grave.

Rather than telling the player where to put the plate, I just snatched it up and gave him a smirk as I retreated behind the counter, sliding the plate into a compartment.  When Beoreson apologized for keeping me, I just shrugged. "It's all good.  I was planning on staying open for another hour or so, anyway." I told him as he exited the diner, a wave from me at his rear.  I ducked my head into my arms on the counter.

Lindow's dead, huh?

Piera had recently gotten in a message from Beoreson that he was holding a get together celebrating his shop's move to a higher floor and was wondering if she should bring anything and if so, what? She contemplated going to an Artisan and getting him some sort of trinket as a present but was pretty sure that he already had an accessory and even if he didn't, she wasn't sure what kind of enhancements he'd prefer on it. So she ended up just wandering around her home floor of three with Chewie in tow, taking in the sights of the pointed eared NPCs and random shops and quaint homes. The bear cub seemed quite entertained with it all, sniffing around with interest before suddenly he bounded off with nose in the air. "H-Hey! Chewie, come back!" The brunette cried out worriedly. Mack would kill her if she lost his familiar.

But he didn't go far thankfully, nosing his way in an odd cylindrical shaped building made of stone and she quickly entered after him. Her original intention was to wrestle the bear cub back out of the shop, but her nose twitched as she sniffed the air and realized that this must be some sort of diner or restaurant. Blinking at the silver haired man that greeted her and offered a seat on one of the counter's stools, which she did. The bear cub was already sniffing desperately to find the source of the delicious aromas, chuffing lightly. "Ah, hello. Sorry for the rude intrusion." She greeted, speaking of Chewie bursting into his establishment. "I was wondering...what would you recommend to bring to a get together of friends? And...perhaps you have something that I could buy for..."  Her head jerked in the direction of the familiar, not wanting to let on that they were talking about him.