[F02 | R7 Cook] Grave Gourmet (Open)

Raun had travelled up to floor three and still hadn't found his sister. He didn't lose hope though. He was determined to find her no matter what. Maybe she is further up. I should focus on moving up the floors. He needed to level up at a much faster rate. Reading the guidebook gave him some tips on that. For example, food. He realized, while the normal food he eats in his inn does not give him any stat bonus, player-crafted, higher quality food would do so. And so began his search for a player-run restaurant or eatery. He scanned the third floor markets; one particular building caught his eyes. It was a cylindrical stone building with pyramidal roof. He noticed the name of the shop. Crimson Diner! Aha... He walked into the shop quickly, greeted the shopkeeper and browsed the menu. He was planning on having a snack, but the delicious smell was way too tempting and he chose to have a meal. Sand burrower fillet... Drake cut... Heartrock Salad! Salad sounds good. "Can I get a Heartrock Salad, please? Thank you," he said, smiling and placing the menu back on the counter.

Spoiler

-230 Col

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raun had travelled up to floor three and still hadn't found his sister. He didn't lose hope though. He was determined to find her no matter what. Maybe she is further up. I should focus on moving up the floors. He needed to level up at a much faster rate. Reading the guidebook gave him some tips on that. For example, food. He realized, while the normal food he eats in his inn does not give him any stat bonus, player-crafted, higher quality food would do so. And so began his search for a player-run restaurant or eatery. He scanned the third floor markets; one particular building caught his eyes. It was a cylindrical stone building with pyramidal roof. He noticed the name of the shop. Crimson Diner! Aha... He walked into the shop quickly, greeted the shopkeeper and browsed the menu. He was planning on having a snack, but the delicious smell was way too tempting and he chose to have a meal. Sand burrower fillet... Drake cut... Heartrock Salad! Salad sounds good. "Can I get a Heartrock Salad, please? Thank you," he said, smiling and placing the menu back on the counter.

Spoiler

-230 Col

Another new customer set foot in my diner; I was quite popular, it seemed! I wondered who had been spreading good words about me... the player ordered a Heartrock Salad after browsing the menu for a small moment, and I went to grasp the bowl... before remembering I had sold it not long prior. "Oh, goodness, I am terribly sorry... you just missed out on it. A girl with blond hair came past not too long ago and purchased it, I have not edited the menu yet." I apologized, grasping the menu and flicking through some interfaces, erasing the Heartrock Salad off the list. "I will try and craft you another right now." I reassured the male with a kind smile.

+230 Col

ID: 52946
Roll: 12 = Perfect (Hirru)
XP: 8

ID: 52947
Roll: 8 = Uncommon
XP: 3

ID: 52948
Roll: 11 = Rare (Raun)
XP: 5

ID: 52949
Roll: 7 = Good (Mac)
XP: 2

ID: 52950
Roll: 5 = Good (Mac)

ID: 52951
Roll: 7 = Good

Crafts Left for Mar 24: 0
XP Earned: 22
Total XP: 309

Edited by Grave

Raun's face fell when Grave told him the salad wasn't available, but quickly brightened up again when he said he will try to cook one up for him right then. "Thank you very much." He took a seat close to the counter and waited while Grave cooked. The aroma was mouth watering and Raun waited eagerly for his salad. Once his salad was ready, he walked up to the counter with a broad smile and thanked Grave again. "Great! Thanks again." As much as he wanted to eat the salad right away, he was saving it for a particular occasion. So, he picked it up and put it in his inventory. He waved goodbye to Grave and left the stone building, satisfied with his purchase.

+ Heartrock Salad

Macradon came walking into his Guild Mate's diner, the Crimson Diner. "I heard my order was ready?" he asked as he entered the show, trying to spot Grave. "These steaks are gonna be the best bait!" he said as he would take the good quality items for his quest on finding a familiar. Macradon was sure that he had already paid Grave a big amount of Mats for the small order, so he would just smile and leave the shop after bidding farewell.

+ 5 Good Steaks.

After successfully crafting an item with a special effect with no actual use, I decided to craft another with the next good I made. And there it was, Glow in the Dark Lollipop. Quite the interesting item, I had to admit; made the consumer's tongue glow in the dark. Useless, of course, but a neat party trick nonetheless. Everything else went as usual, crafting crap and some good stuff, but the Lollipop was the highlight of my day.

ID: 53261

ID: 53263
Roll: 1 = DAMNIT
XP: 1

ID: 53264
Roll: 7 = Good Item

ID: 53265
Roll: 4 = Bad Item
LD: 16 = Mat Salvaged

ID: 53266

ID: 53267
LD: 9 = Mat Salvage Fail

XP:1

Crafts Left for Mar 26: 0
XP Earned: 11
Total XP: 320

Edited by Grave

It seemed that my Heartrock Salad was quite popular, so with my next rare craft I made yet another in case another needy customer required its perceptive benefits. As for everything else... I made a half-built chocolate egg, and some other screwed up crafts, but I did manage to whip up one other rare and an uncommon...

ID: 53395
Roll: 3 = Fail

ID: 53396
Roll: 11 = Rare

ID: 53397
Roll: 9 = Uncommon

ID: 53398
LD: 8 = Mat Salvage Fail

ID: 53399
Roll: 1 = Ugh

ID: 53400
Roll: 11 = Rare

Crafts Left for Mar 27: 0
XP Earned: 16
Total XP: 336

Edited by Grave

The only thing Hunie genuinely liked to scout for, were good eateries. She had already mentally and by verbal recommendation reviewed most of the NPC diners, now the girl had shifted her attention to the player controlled food shops. Hunie made her way into the archaic looking diner on the fourth floor, wondering if she'd run into someone familiar. She noticed the vermillion draperies and the stools lined at the counter. The girl walked in and called out... "Is anyone here? I'd like to try the Heartrock Salad" she finished, eyeing the glass display carefully and picked what she thought was one of the simplest dishes. A chef's true mastery is in the simple things. The girl believed. As she awaited her interaction with the owner, her nose angled upwards to the familiar waft of delectables... Mhmm. I look forward to this. She thought, retrieving some Col from her inventory and leaving it on the bar counter. 

Spoiler

-230 Col 

Edited by Hunie

At the ringing of a female's voice, a blur of orange fur zoomed onto the counter, squeaking happily and leaning forwards to get a better look at the blond girl. The weasel's large, spiral horn shone in the light from above, and her thick tail separated in excitement, revealing a blue orb that floated in the middle of nowhere between her 'tails'.

The enthusiasm from the weasel was followed by a groan from behind the counter as I woke from a nap, the sound of ringing bells finally hitting me. Aware someone had entered the Diner, I was quick to throw on my Grim Tunic before I stood up behind the counter, rubbing the sleep from my eyes so I did not look like a zombie to the girl who had approached. "Heartrock Salad, hey?" I asked with a groan. "Christ, that is my most popular item..." I muttered, reaching into the glass display case and placing the bowl on the counter for the girl. "That will be two hundred and thirty Col, thank you." I yawned, stretching my arms casually, not noticing the blond had already placed the Col down, Hikari snatching it up and dropping it into my back pocket, the coins transferring to my inventory.

-1 Heartrock Salad
+230 Col

Edited by Grave

With my recent decrease in orders, I was pretty well free to do as I wished with my crafts. Of course, my next Rare was a Heartrock Salad; I had sold three of the damn things and had another in reserve for Zandra. As for my goods, I decided to try something new and succeeded rather well; I managed to make a consumable heat pack and a consumable cold pack for adventurers who often found themselves on the Fourth, Fifth and Ninth floors.

ID: 53542

ID: 53543

ID: 53544
Roll: 4 = Bad
LD: 1 = Mat Salvage Fail

ID: 53545

ID: 53546

ID: 534547
Roll: 11 = Rare = Heartrock Salad

Crafts Left for Mar 28: 0
XP Earned: 15
Total XP: 351

Edited by Grave

Macradon came walking into Grave's diner once again. He wasn't in need of food for a quest, but food for his dungeon hunting. He was going onto more expeditions to get everything going as it should be, and he would need some food for this. "Heatrock salads, both of them!" Macradon said with a broad smile as he came up to the counter of the diner, looking at Grave. Macradon would pick up the pouch in his right hand and place it on the counter. "4 mats, right?" he asked and would have the pouch with 4 materials, if it was not enough, Macradon could get more easily.

Zandra jad jerd that Grave was done with her latest order for her farming. Thou he was still working with her crafting buff one. But she wasnt in a hurry, could make pretty good nowadays even without the food buff."Hello there Grave its me." Zandra said with a cheerful voice when she walked up to Grave."Im here to pick up the beer and the other two. Im not sure but I hope this is enough." She said and sent him some Col. She added a little extra to make sure she havent misscalculated.

-1,200 Col

I waved at the two-handed sword user as he walked in and briskly ordered both the Heartrock Salads. I began to reach for them before remembering that I actually had them reserved for the Vice Commander herself and Zandra, who both ordered a Rare Luck item, the former through personal messages. "Crap, sorry Mac, just remembered these are for the Vice Commander and Zandra..." I apologized, wincing slightly. "I will try and make two more for you." I said, before the bells rang again, Zandra walking in and ordering the items she had asked for. "Ah! Here you go!" I said, pulling out the Ice-cold Beer, Drake Cut and Heartrock Salad, at the same time receiving the large sum of Col she paid me. "H-holy... that is actually a few hundred more than you need to pay, is that okay?" I asked the girl.

+1200 Col
-1 Ice-cold Beer
-1 Drake Cut
-1 Heartrock Salad.

ID: 54062
Roll: 5 = Good
XP: 2

ID: 54063
XP: 2

ID: 54064
XP: 3

ID: 54065

ID: 54066

ID: 54067
Roll: 2 = Fail
XP: 1

XP Earned: 14
Total XP: 365 - RANK UP! Rank 6: Mentor Cook

Edited by Grave

Opal watched for a few minutes the amount of players coming and going from the shop. The woman titled her head to the side to see what all the commotion was about, no doubt it was Grave cooking up a storm for all those people. She smiled, proud of the fact that he was in the same guild as herself. Clearing her throat and donning her Vice Commander Uniform, the woman stepped inside the cafe and smiled and waved to Grave, plopping her ass down on a stool by the bar area and getting comfortable. Waving a few fingers at him, she would sit here and wait for him to come to her. He seemed pretty busy with his customers and the VC of the Knights of the Blood Oath was in no rush. 

The Cook's Mitts I had purchased from Ariel at the Lion's Den were certainly a help! I actually managed to make a Perfect for the first time in forever! Putting my dishes aside and removing my mitts, I turned to see the Vice Commander of the KoB seated at the counter, waving daintily at me. With a wide smile I approached her. "Well, well, look what I lured in~" I mused, emanating an aura of friendliness and loyalty. "The beautiful Vice Commander herself~ What can I do in exchange for her oh-so-pleasant company this fine day?" I asked, quite obviously in a bouncy, playful mood.

ID: 55325
Roll: 3 + 1 = 4 = Good

ID: 55326
Roll: 2 + 1 = 3 = Bad
LD: 3 = Salvage Fail

ID: 55327
Roll: 2 + 1 = 3 = Bad
LD: 4 = Salvage Fail

ID: 55328
Roll: 5 + 1 = 6 = Good

ID: 55329
Roll: 11 + 1 = 12 = Perfect
XP: 8

ID: 55330
Roll: 9 + 1 = 10 = Rare

ID: 55331
Roll: 10 + 1 = 11 = Rare

XP Earned: 24
Total XP: 389

Edited by Grave

"Business as usual, Grave." She said with a grin, "Im here to pick up any items you can afford that will give me a boost in luck and anything that will provide prosperity boost. If you have other clients ahead of me, I can wait on the prosperity food." The woman stretched one leg over the other under the counter as she sat at his bar, weaving her fingers into both hands and sitting still for the most part, "If you need some extra mats, I might be able to help. Mack stopped by my shop recently and gave me a small order to fulfill. So mats are a bit of high demand, but I'll spare what I can for you for those items." 

"Business is usual?" I asked with a jesting tone, referring to my quite irregular schedule of 'working' days. "Luck boost, hey? Well, lucky you, I have one right here AND just made some more items I can use. Give me a little to sort them out, though, okay?" I asked with a slight wink. "As for the prosperity item... if it is Perfect you are looking for, may want to line up; I have four energy restoratives to make for Hirru and I plan on using two more for some other items. Once I deal with them, yours is next." I said, before reaching in and grasping the Heartrock Salad. "Here is one luck item, allow me to finish up with the others."

-1 Heartrock Salad

ID: 55523

ID: 55524
Roll: 11 + 1 = 12 = Perfect

XP:  8

ID: 55525

ID: 55526

ID: 55527

ID: 55528
Roll: 8 + 1 = 9 = Uncommon

ID: 55529

Crafts Left for April 6th: 0
XP Earned: 33
Total XP: 422

Edited by Grave

The woman dressed her right leg with her left as she fell comfortable within sitting on one of his stools. Opal had received a pop up trade for the item "Heartrock Salad," and she greedily accepted the item before adding it to her inventory, "That is gonna help a great deal. Of course we both benefit from this since you usually tag along on my many dungeon dives. You are so sweet, Grave. Thank you for everything you have done for me," the woman reached out with her hand and grabbed his wrist giving it a tight squeeze before releasing it and retracting it. The woman spun in her chair and decided to stay for a bit while to watch him cook, it eased her mind as she had been stressed recently, at least she could savor some of his delectable while she was here, "Got any good deserts back there? I wouldn't mind paying a little bit for something tasty and cold." 

+1 Heart Rock Salad

A blush washed over my cheeks as Opal called me sweet and thanked me for 'everything I had done for her'. "U-uhm... i-it is nothing, Opal. Do not worry. I-I am just glad I can help out the guild... and more importantly one of my closest friends." I responded chivalrously, scratching the back of my neck. I had no wish to hide the redness in my face; it was at least one way to show that I acknowledged her compliment. I turned around and got back to work, hearing Opal's voice ring behind me again. "A nice cold dessert, huh..." I mumbled as I turned around and fished my hand into the glass case, retrieving the Avalanche Icecream. "Here you go." I said as I transferred it to the trade to Opal.

-1 Avalanche Icecream

ID: 55662
Roll: 3 + 1 = 4 = Good

ID: 55663
Roll: 7 + 1 = 8 = Uncommon

ID: 55664

ID: 55665

ID: 55666

ID: 55667
Roll: 6 + 1 = 7 = Good

ID: 55668
Roll: 5 + 1 = 6 = Good

Crafts Left for April 7th: 0
XP Earned: 18
Total XP: 440

Edited by Grave

"Oh! This looks yummy!" Opal smiled with her red lips curling as she brought about a spoon and wondered where to begin to eat this particular ice cream bowl. None the less, she went in with her spoon and plowed into the creamy skin and scooped up a bit. She thrust that spoon into her mouth and she sat their silent for a moment and shivered, "So. Good." she said with half a mouth open before placing her spoon down and smiling at her friend, "By the way, do you need any extra mats for that heartrock salad? I know we are friends and all, but I could still pay you for both these items..." she said scooping her spoon up once more and devouring another potion of the Avalanche Icecream. Goosebumps appeared over her flesh as she got one mighty brain freeze.