[PP-F2+F9] <<Iron Guardian>> Black and Blue (Calrex)

Spoiler

Quest Name - The Iron Guardian

Location - Floor 9

Requirements for completion: 

- 21 Post Count Minimum

- Players MUST defeat X amount of <<Iron Knights>> (X being 1 per player)

- Player(s) MUST defeat the <<Iron Guardian>>

- Player(s) MUST defeat the Broker

Recommended Level - 30

Background Information - Player(s) encounter a broker who claims they will tell them the location of a powerful field boss in return of an item that it drops. The field boss that the broker speaks of lies approximately two days west with a few monsters here and there to fight to actually reach the designated location. The boss is claimed to drop a consumable item that has the power to provide an entire team a healing effect that reaches up to a party of four at a time, so perfect for boss raids.

Quest Objective - Player(s) must head West in order to try and find this boss. They must fight <<Iron Knights>> along the way in order to prepare them for the ultimate boss fight against the <<Iron Guardian>>, or so the broker says anyways. In order to complete the quest however, players must meet a few requirements in order to end the quest. The Broker must be killed one way or another. It is up to the player if they wish to attack them first for the item, then when killed, they become a player killer, OR they can have the broker attack first. This adds a special element of variety to everybody's threads as you can choose how it goes. Either way, the broker needs to be fought as well.

If the player chooses to return the item, then the Broker will think that the player/party is trying to lead him into a trap, where he will be killed and stolen from, in fear, he will then retaliate by attacking the leader of the party first, and then the fight continues normal from there on.

Enemy Information -

<<Iron Knight>>

HP - 72

Damage - 30, Bleed on 9 or 10 for 2 turns dealing 1 damage.

Thorns - Deals 2 Damage To Enemy if hit.

<<Iron Guardian>>

HP - 225

Damage - 54, Bleed on 9 or 10 for 2 turns dealing 4 damage.

Thorns - Deals 4 Damage To Enemy if hit.

<<Mysterious Broker>>

HP - 150

Damage - 50, Paralyze on 9 or 10 for 1 turn.

Battle Healing - Heals 13 HP For Every 10 On Broker's Crafting Dice.

Rewards:

~ 1 Skill Points upon first completion.

~ (Given To Quest Party Leader) Banner of Support - This item has (3) charges and may only be refilled by asking a merchant to refill it costing 750 Col per charge. This item does not stack and may not be sold for Col, it becomes bound to the player. When used, the Banner of Support heals up to 4 players, including the user, a maximum of 20 HP. Once used, the Banner of Support changes from a red to a gray color and begins to go on it's 10 turn cooldown.

Zandta wad sitting in an armchair in front of her fireplace in her shop at floor four. She was thinking about what to do of her day. She wasnt that tempted to go on material hunts, and she had done all quest she can make on her own. Thou she wanted to do one of the harder ones. But she was way to weak to solo them. Then she remembered her quest with Takao to kill those snow elementals. She had herd he was strong so hopefully he could join her. Also her support friend was talking about someone named Manta. On Ebony it sounded like she was strong. They have killed that three headed dog without losing any health at all. On second thougth, she didnt wanted that either. What about do something with Calrex. He is the only one she havent spent time with alone. Except those seconds in her shop. She sent away a PM to ask if they could meet at floor two. Then she exited the shop and headed to the warp plaza in Urbus.

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hm?"

After yet another restless night of protecting the Amethyst Boutique from monsters on the thirteenth floor Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked over at his blonde compatriot, giving a friendly smirk at a job well done. Normally he had defended Teayre's shop alone, but having the newly returned Oikawa - The Faint by his side had given him some ease. Pulling up his messages he saw a name he had not seen since their short periods in her shop, or on the battlefield.

"I've got to get running man, I'll catch you around."

Heading for the second floor the bluenette appeared in a flash of blue light. Luckily enough, even though he didn't get any sleep, the sight of seeing his old friend had renewed his drive, the dark circles beneath his eyes not as present as they were previously in his more disheveled state. Pulling up his friend tracker he began to trace Zandra's location before beginning his walk.

Seeing the young woman come into view he gave a friendly wave as he completed his trek, "Hey Zandra, long time no see!"

Zandra saw her blue-haired frined arriving at the warp gate in Urbus. Then he exited it and looked for her. When he spotted her location he waved and greeted her.''Hi there Calrex.'' she greeted back and smiled friendly to him. Suddenly she felt a little uneasy. She have called him down here, but didnt realy had anything in mind to do. She nervously started to scratch her neck.''Ehm, so I was just thinking since we have been doing two hard quests together with Ariel and Teayre, and you have helped me with material gathering, I wanted to meet you and just hang around, maybe we could get to know each one better. I have already been some with the girls, but we have only met in my shop for brief moments, except for the times we have been fighting together. So, do you wanna do something or just take a walk and talk?''

"Just hang out and chat? Yeah I've got some time for that. You've got a point, we've fought alongside each other in a fair amount of battles, but we've yet to actually talk any more than that."

He gave a friendly smile as he put his hands into his pockets as he rubbed his eyes with his free hand for a second before looking forward once, "So, was there anything you had in mind? There's certainly a lot of places to visit here on the second floor."

With a nod he turned towards the direction of the Urbus' interior as he looked around, "It's certainly been since time since I was back here. Looks like everything is about the same as before."

"Hey Roc."

In a flash his peregrine falcon familiar appeared as he descended, "Since we're back in your home floor, feel free to roam around for now. I don't think we'll be getting into any combat encounters anytime soon, but if we need it I'll be sure to call you."

Zandra didnt had any special place in mind to visit. Actually she wasnt very familiar with this floor at all. On second thougth she wondered why she picked this floor to meet. Maybe she wanted to feel, kind of safe."Well, I dont realy know any good places around here. I actually dont know why I picked this as meeting point. Or maybe I do. I have been joining you guys on the frontlines for quite some time. Im tired of beeing in need of protection all the time." She placed her hands behind her head, looking at the sky. It realy looked realistic. Sometimes she forgot that they actually was in a virtual world."Calrex." She said, still looking at the sky."Do you think we actually gonna be able to beat this death game?"

"Sure thing, well we can just wander for now then and see if something becomes of interest. I've been here a few times, but haven't really taken the time to explore every nook and cranny like the first floor's Starting City settlement."

Looking over he gave a nod as he saw Zandra relax her posture, going as far as to put her hands behind her head and looking up at the sky. At the same time the young woman asked him a question he had heard many times from people of much lower level. The one that still remained in his mind came from a person he had considered a good friend, even though he had only spent a short period of time with the man. Lindow, the older man who was a former Crimson Blades member and the one whose legacy was supposedly being carried on by Opal.

"To be honest, I think that we are going to get out of here. The main question is when. As you've seen on the frontlines we've got a powerful and varied array of individuals whom of which are capable of working together to push through the floors. I have no doubt as we move on the challenges will only get tougher, but we will be able to persevere and make it out. The worry is how long it will take to do so."

Zandra agreed that they had very powerful players on the frontlines. And at the moment, it seemed it was only a matter of time until they would be able to log out. She glanced at the highest level player inAincrad.''Your completly right about us having strong players at the frontlines. And if it continues like this, we would be able to make it. But something inside me says that it wont be that easy. What if something goes terribly wrong and we lose our powerful allies. Or if they decide to become player killers.'' then something struck her mind.''I just realised, actually Im one of the strongest players in my role, support. But thats probably since there is so few of us at the moment right.'' she let out a giggle.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's still a concern. We haven't even gotten a quarter of the way up in the floors yet, but I can only guess it's going to get harder from here. Sure we've the the new unique skills users like Teayre, Zelrius, and Tristan, but the fact that they were discovered so early does concern me. If the game has a function of scaling itself to match the current power level of the players inside, we might have shot ourselves in the foot. Zel and his skill is capable of doing tons of damage, but from what I've seen he's neglected to put a single point into his armor skill, so he's a powerful, yet extremely fragile glass cannon. Tristan is capable of taking in tons of damage and reflecting it back, but it anything close to matching Zelrius' power output comes up against him even his defenses might fail."

With a nod he gave a calming breath, "I guess that's partly what we're here for, to make sure that we keep them going, and to continue the push should our most powerful players fall. From what I've heard there's still possibly a few skills that haven't been discovered yet. It might not be as powerful as the ones already discovered, but if it'll make me strong enough to fight alongside them I'd be happy to obtain it."

Looking over he gave a smile and nod as Zandra commented on her own role, "To be honest, when I was first starting out in this game I hadn't heard of someone going for a supporting role. Now that I've seen you and a handful of others, I'm sure that you all will play a vital role in continuing our push through the floors."

''Yeah, about those unique's, if they gonna release a supportish one, Im gonna do everything Im capable of to obtain it.'' a smile spread on her face, imagine herself with a unique. That would realy make her someone special. She looked at Calrex.''But as you know, Im pretty bad at figthing solo, if it would come to be required to fight.'' she a little nrevously scratched her neck.''Ehm... would it be okay for me to ask you for help? If you not want to I understand cmpletly, but I thougth Id ask.'' she rembered another thing she wanted to ask a strong player about. Better say now as well, also they didnt had anything special to do at the moment.''Also, would you like to accompany and help me on the iron guardian quest at floor nine?''

"A unique support skill? Huh that would certainly be an interesting ability to have. I can certainly understand why you'd want to [censored] it up, heh. Honestly, I highly doubt there's any skills in existence that are currently not taken that would match me. I guess for now I'll just have to be the strongest player in SAO without a unique."

With a nod he listened to Zandra request his help with a quest, the <<Iron Guardian>>. It was one he had done recently in the past, but of course more quest undertakings also meant more experience points, which would only help everyone overall, "Yeah, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I could use a bit more training, and the Iron Guardian is a easy quest to take on. I believe it's about a day's trip out from Vulcan Village, so if you need to make any preparations best do them while we're still here."

Zandra was happy that Calrex agreed to help her."Thank you thank you Calrex." The man was then telling her to prepare now if she needed something since it would be a days trip from Vulcan."Im all set. If Im not remember wrong, first we need to find the information broker right? So, do you wanna head out now or do you have something you need to do before we leave?" Just for safety, Zandra opened her menu to be sure everything was there that she needed. And just as she thougth, all her equipment and just in case crystals was there. She closed her menus with a few swipes in the air. Then she turned back her attantion to Calrex.

Calrex gave a nod before shaking his head, "Nah, I've got all the gear I need on me. In fact it's rare that I carry consumables as of late. However, I think with the harder challenges to come I'll need to start investing in those once again. But you're right, there's an information bro..."

As he spoke his voice trailed off for a second as he recalled the time he did the mission on his own. With all that happened in that quest, if things had turned out different than they did, it was likely that he might have turned into an orange player as well. Giving a calming breath he steeled himself before continuing, "Yes, we need to find the information broker to get the quest in the first place. I'd be careful though. This particular broker...has an interesting aspect about him. I'm not sure if it's generated by the game or not, but there is a chance he might attack us upon our return. Just be careful of that. We'll try to avoid confrontation, but if it comes down to it I'll be sure to cover you."

Zandra blushed a little. She started to get used to it, but she still was a little asjamed to always have to be protected."Well, thats realy great to hear that you gonna protect little me. Thats not something to worry about. Ive herd you have grandmastered your armour, he probably wont even pierce that is he?" She giggled and smiled at him."So, time to go then?"

The two adventurers headed to the warp plaza on floor two and teleported seven floors up, to Vulcan on floor nine. Zandra had only been here once before. Thats when she was hunting down the fire guardian with Manta. And now it was time for iron guardian. Whats next? stone guardian? She giggled to herself. She started to walk. After a few steps she stopped and turned to Calrex."Ehm... Do you know where the broker can be?" Herself she had no idea.

As the two arrived on the ninth floor Calrex gave a nod, "Well, he's around here somewhere. Let's see. As for my armor skill, you're right. I'm not even close to what Tristan can deflect, but it's enough to reduce most monsters' damage to almost none. Plus my high health helps to compensate for the rest."

Giving a calming breath he activated his <<Reveal>> skill and began to scan the immediate area. Putting his hands in his jacket pockets his head continued to move as if it were on a swivel until he locked on to the broker, "That's him over there. He's wearing a black cloak, as most of the roaming brokers do. Once you approach him about the quest we can get moving. Most likely he's going to want to do a trade once we get back."

Zandra approached the broker thats gonna activate the quest. It seems he wants an item from a field boss. This boss's location lays to west from Vulcan. He warned them for the possibility that they was gonna encounter other creatures along the way bbefore reaching the boss. Zandra thanked the broker for the information and the two travelers headed west.

Just as the broker said, it didnt took long until a enemy appeared. It must be one of the iron knights that the scout mentioned, since it wasnt nearly as strong as a field boss should be on floor nine. Zandra wanted to prove she actually had some damage output. So she charged up her double punishment and rushed towards the knight. But of course, she missed the target completly. Not only that, the knight got a hit on her and not only reduced her health, he also made her bleed.

ID: 40733
BD: 4+1=5 Miss
MD: 9 Crit +1  30+1=31-14=17 Damage + Bleed for two turns

Zandra: 78/96 (22/24) Bleed 1/2 -1
Calrex: ???/??? (??/??)
Iron Knight: 72/72

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 40736
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 44 Remaining)

Calrex followed behind as Zandra took point, but as the battle started he cursed under his breath as he saw the young woman endure a blow he was supposed to take.

"Shoot, can't believe I forgot I take point for safety reasons."

Ripping the Grand Blade from its sheath he charged forward, the sword lighting up with a light purple glow as he activated his <<Deadly Sins>> Sword Art. The seven stabs shot out like a barrage of stingers as he traced the pattern of the Big Dipper on the knight's armor. However, it managed to knick some health off of him as its Thorns ability activated, quickly piercing the Ultramarine knight before it dissipated into crystals.

With a sigh of relief Calrex resheathed his sword as he gave a nod to Zandra, "You alright?"

HP List
Zandra: 78/96 (Bleed 1/2 Turns Remaining)
   Energy: 22/24

Calrex: 207/209 (-2 Thorns)
   Energy: 44/51 (-7)

Enemies:
Iron Knight: -19/72
 (10+3 DMG * 7 Art = 91 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Just as Zandra thougth, Calrex followed up and slayed the knight with one single attack, and she guessed it was not one of his most powerful attacks either. When the knight was down, he asked if she was alrigth.''Yeah, no worries about me. Im completly fine, just a scratch.'' she answered with a smile on her lips. It have actually taken almost a fifth of her health away, but it was nothing compared to what Calrex probably have felt many times before.''Well, still maybe its better if you take the lead from now on. I dont mean to like not value you, its just that you barely got hurt at all from them since my health drops quite a bit.'' she hoped she didnt sounded cowardly, she was more tacticaly thinking right now. Thou she saw her health refill a bit and her bleed stopped.

Zandra: 80/96 (23/24) +3 HP out of combat post/-1 HP Bleed 2/2 turns/+1 Energy

(OOC: You can spawn next knght in your post if you want)

OOC; Sure thing XD

IC:

ID: 40742
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 13
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 38 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as Zandra agreed with his suggestion, proceeding forward, "The knights should commonly spawn around this area, so it should be far to..."

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill he easily discerned the location of the next knight as he gave a calming breath, "I'll take this one out before it gets a chance to retaliate."

Flying forward he activated his <<Charge>> skill alongside his <<Deadly Sins>> Sword Art once again. Quickly closing the distance he unleashed the seven stabs once again, the Grand Blade alight with a purple glow. However, just like before the monster's Thorns enhancement triggered as the spikes pierced the Ultramarine Knight for minimal damage before the armored creature dissipated into crystals.

With a calming breath he resheathed his sword, "Alright, that should be both of them. Only thing to take care of now is the Iron Guardian, once we reach him."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Zandra: 78/96
   Energy: 22/24

Calrex: 205/209 (-2 Thorns)
   Energy: 38/51 (-7+1)

Enemies:
Iron Knight 2: -19/72
 (10+3 DMG * 7 Art = 91 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

It didnt took many moments until another iron knight appeared. Zandra took a grip around her whip, without moving it from her hip thou. Not very surprised she saw that he charged the knight and killed this one as well with a single hit. It seemed now that there was only the final boss left. Thats when the hard part started. Or, she wasnt that sure it would be a problem since she had the highest leveled player in Aincrad by her side, with two maxed out skills.''Yeah, just the iron guardian left.'' she glanced at the sky, it seemed the sun was starting to go to sleep.''Well, it seems we wont reach our destination today. What do you say about making camp here for the night?'' she said when she saw a small cave to the right. It was only about five meter deep or so.''Or you maybe prefer to keep going?''

Zandra: 83/96 (24/24) +3 HP out of combat post/+1 Energy

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

With the second knight eliminated Calrex gave a nod as Zandra suggested that they set up camp for the night, "Yeah, that's probably a safe bet. It'd be a better idea to get ourselves back to full strength before we take it on. I've got more than enough energy to spare on the guardian, but it'll still better to be safe than sorry right?"

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill he quickly looked through the interior of the cave from the outside, making sure everything was secure inside before he gave a nod, "You go ahead and get some rest. I'll stay on night watch for now. I'm not feeling tired at the moment, so there's no need to trade out shifts."

Looking around he made his way over to the mouth of the cave, removing the Grand Blade from its sheath, placing it on the ground next to where he would be sitting before dropping down into a casual sitting position. His right leg bent, knee towards the sky, while his left crossed underneath. With a calming breath he looked around once more, "How's your health holding up?"