[PP:F7] Rising Dawn. (Azide & Calrex)

Teayre left the boss room of the seventh floor as she worked her way back down through the dungeon. She looked up and smiled as she turned seeing Calrex behind her. “Why does he follow me… He could just take…” Sighing she offered a hand to her husband helping him up the last step. “You know, you can just teleport and meet me down here Cal… It’s not like any of the mobs will give me issues.” Wrapping her arm around his she leans her head on the bluenette’s shoulder. Her fingers moving down his arm and entwining into his hand. “Let’s get moving, before a few of these things respawn.”

Walking forward the red head tugs on Calrex’s arm as they wind their way down the mountain trail towards the temple. “Cal, you know my plan… To forge a new family. Well I’ve been thinking about who to invite I know I said to you and Hik, I’m not sure who else I’d like Ari since she is practically a sister t-“ Teayre stops in mid-sentence as she turns and presses her head into the crook of Calrex’s shoulder.  “S-sorry….” Tears streaming down her cheeks as she holds herself close. “Is there- Is there anyone you would like who you’re close to?"

Calrex gave a small sigh as he rubbed his tired eyes. After yet another night of defending the Amethyst Boutique, his eyes had the dark circles formed beneath them once again. However, what gave him some relief was that this particular outing wasn't going to involve any battles. "I'm aware Tea, but you know why. Like I said, I'm not going to take the cushy route and teleport while you need to take the long route. You're powerful, but I'm still here to protect you should the rare chance you miss comes about right?"

Taking his wife's hand he followed her up the steps, keeping his free hand in his jacket pocket before walking down towards the temple they were heading for. Teayre had briefed him on her plans, giving him her thoughts. No matter what he would be by her side throughout it, "A new family..."

Hearing her sentence get cut off Calrex felt her embrace him to hide her tears. Wrapping his arms around her he held her close as he rested his head gently on top of hers, "It's alright, I know why it hurts. Remember you don't have to keep anything in with me."

Looking down at the redhead he gave a smile, "As for people, there's a few that I would consider people I can trust. In fact I as going to talk to you about inviting them into SC, but we can save that for another time. The man was the guild leader of Oikawa's first guild, Square One, but after it's disbandment we've stayed close allies. His name's Azide, and excellent strategist and dagger user. I'm sure you've seen him in the past few boss battles."

Swiping on his menu he put together a quick private message, sending it over to the young man.

To: Azide
Subject: Meet Up

Hey, can you meet me and Teayre on the seventh floor. We've got some important things we wanted to discuss with you.

Edited by Calrex

"Seen me standing around, more likely than not," said Azide. He raised his arms for a full-bodied shrug as he rounded the corner of the sloping trail. Though he'd indeed been present for the past couple of boss fights, the only raid which had required his efforts had been the least significant of them all, as fate would have it. His brow furrowed at the very thought of it; even now, the creased lines darkened momentarily, until finally he gathered about his wits just enough to defer the issue to a later day. "But hey, there's really no reason to complain. After all, we've been knocking these guys down like never before; we should be celebrating the fact that our concerns revolve around giving everyone a fair shot at our enemies, rather than assessing the number of casualties they might inflict." As the last of the words fell from his lips, he pulled the thin line into a careless smile.

For a moment, his hands remained locked where they had fallen. Never for a moment had he ever believed the truth of his own words; with the emergence of certain skills, those like himself seemed to be growing increasingly redundant. Obsolete, even. But he drew his arms inward, letting them fold across his chest. Just beyond reach from the entangled couple, Azide came to a halt. Flicking his eyes from head to toe, he took note of the telltale cursor which hovered silently above the girl's head.  "I take it you that you're Teayre," he said, offering said girl a hand. "My apologies for having never introduced myself beforehand. Just never wanted to step on old blue-hair's toes, I suppose." 

“Azide, the quiet one? Who’s usually lurki-“ The not so familiar voice of Azide called Teayre to jump, spinning around she looks at the man her eyes narrowing. “Like I said lurking.” She mutters as she nods at the sudden appearance of who they had just been looking for. Gently extricating herself from Calrex’s arms she steps forwards towards the player. Her left hand was resting on the muramasa, as it did more often than not recently. Her entire body was tense as if ready to spring into action. Chuckling she nods along with Azide, “You’re right and ensuring everyone gets their share of the loot, the stronger we are as a whole the easier this game will be.”

As his eyes flicked up to her cursor Teayre let a small sigh escape her lips, “You must be Azide.” Her right hand meeting his she smiles. “It’s no bother, we’ve never really had much chance. Although going from the most recent boss meeting your thoughts do closely mirror my own.” Releasing his hand the girl sits down on a nearby rock. “We’re not too far from some high level monsters if you two would like to do some training before we discuss things?”

Calrex looked over with a friendly smirk as he saw the brunette walk over, giving a small laugh as Teayre's reaction. If he had to be honest, he didn't know that Azide was actually nearby, since he had not activated his <<Reveal>> skill to check the area that the two were in, "Well you certainly don't shirk on entrances Azide. Good to see you're still doing well."

As the former guild leader and his wife exchanged introductions he activated his vision skill as his eyes turned a lighter shade of blue. The landscape turned transparent as he scanned for any immediately threats. With none in sight he gave a calming breath before putting his hands into his jacket pockets, hearing Teayre's suggestion to train a bit before beginning the discussion, "Tea, you know that I'm always up for some training. I'm going to need every second of it to keep up with those blessed by Lady Luck a few weeks ago. Heh."

He gave a grin as he drew the Grand Blade from its sheath, flicking it into a hammer grip as he looked around, "In any case if you want to find some monsters we'll need to keep moving, as there's none in this immediate area."

"Famous last words in this world though, 'There's probably going to be no battles on this trip.' I swear I'm losing my preparedness for these things. If you could make custom gear I might as well make a weapon that I don't even need to draw from a sheath to use. It'd just appear in my hand."

Edited by Calrex

'Quiet' was debatable; while he had never been one to run his mouth, he reckoned that he spoke often enough to fall within the socially accepted range. That being said, their limited interactions with one another had not exactly given either of them a particularly large sample size to make any proper assessments of the other, and he could see where one might get such an impression from. If anything, the moniker of 'lurker' held some truth to it, and the realization drew from him a shallow laugh.

"Well enough, Calrex," said Azide, his eyes shifting between the colorful pair. "But if I have to be honest, you two are looking a bit tired." He gave a slightly turn of his head, appraising the dark shadows which pooled beneath tired eyes. "Not that I'm taking a dig at either of your appearances- after all, the people of this world are rather surprisingly easy on the eyes as whole, all things considered." All the while, he looked each of the players dead in the eye as he spoke, before finally letting his features soften once more. "You look as if you could use a bit more sleep, though I'm sure I'm not telling you what you don't already know. On the other hand..." Fingers unfurled, he gestured with an open palm to the girl's left-hand. "...you're looking as if your left hand is especially tired, from the way you're resting it on top of that sword right there."

The free hand of the girl faded away from his own, leaving him to slip the dangling digits into the refuge of his coat pockets. At the young lady's suggestion, his brow arched upward the slightest bit- almost imperceptibly so, but otherwise his reaction consisted mostly of a far-off stare. Training was no longer the sort of thing which busied his days, and no reference to such an outing had been made in prior. But even then, he conceded with a nod of his head. "That sounds fine by me," Azide answered, refraining from drawing his weapon just yet. "Lead the way."

Nodding as Calrex confirmed that he would be up for some training Teayre looked at Azide, smiling as he commented about them being a bit tired. “I’ve been trying to get him to sleep, but he’s always too insistent about staying awake.” Pausing for a moment as she lets him finish what she was saying. “I wouldn’t say it’s tired Azide, more prepared in case of any attacks. I’m not stupid I’m an orange player, besides… It’s kind of comfortable and guess it's just developed as a habit even before I was orange.” Even as she spoke several rocks drifted down from their right. Raising an eyebrow at Calrex Teayre sighs. “It’s clear? At least say it looks clear rather than a definite clear mister.” Giving the bluenette she gently elbows him in the ribs.

Grinning as Azide nodded, “I know we all don’t really need the training at least not on this floor, but it’s a nice way to pass the time as we converse.” Following the trail down a bit Teayre’s eyes follow the rocks falling down to the top unable to see anything she swivels them down to the trail before kneeling down and grabbing a small shiny gem from underneath one of the rocks. “Huh… Anyways Azide tell me how you met Cal, you must have some funny stories about him.”

ID: 40619 LD: 19 (17 + 2 LD)

If the Loot Die, is under 15 nat a mob is spawned.

+1 Material

Thread Loot:
1 x Material

Edited by Teayre

ID: 40622
Loot Dice: 3 (Mob spawned)
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +4) = -1
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 40 Remaining)

As the two began Calrex gave a nod, "Yeah, as of late I should probably start saying that more. This skill isn't as useful as it was made out to be."

With a small sigh he scanned the area, looking over in one direction as he saw a flash of light, "Whelp guess I really did speak too soon."

"You guys keep chatting I'll be right back..."

Drawing the Grand Blade he rushed forward and engaged the nearby lizard that had spawned. Activating his <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> skills he quickly closed the distance and unleashed the relentless barrage of the skill, raining blow after blow on the creature before completing the attack with a falling down slash.

The lizard was knocked onto its belly before getting back to its feet, lashing forward in an attempt to bite the Ultramarine Knight. Even in his tired state Calrex was more than fast enough to avoid the blows as he cursed under his breath, "All this strength and I still can't bring down a monster in one shot unless it's a critical hit."

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 40/51 (-11)

Enemies:
Stone Lizard
: 13/105 (10+3 DMG * 11Art - 51 MIT = 92 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"I think it's important to keep in mind that openly hostile gestures are prone to provoke equally hostile reactions," Azide began. His lips followed the curve of a smile, betraying the coffee pools which swirled stiffly within their sockets in a mirror image of the thoughts that pervade the furthest corners of his mind.

While he himself was kept in check by an unwavering belief in his own abilities, it seemed a bit optimistic to assume that this was true of everyone in this world, or any world. For as long as power and leverage continued to exist, those with insecurities regarding their own would naturally be driven to 'correct' the situation; and as the old adage went, nothing could be more dangerous than a cornered animal. Whereas men could generally be counted upon to see reason, animals were far more likely to fight first, and ask questions later.

"Though I'm fortunate enough to have never witnessed such an incident first-hand, I can only imagine that orange players with a constant grip around their weapons might actually be setting themselves up for a self-fulfilling prophecy." Still, the apparent smile did not abandon his face, nor did his tone ever stray from its usual casualness.

The eyes of the blue-haired man flashed as he peered around the vicinity, and Azide watched as the swordsman sped off after an unseen foe. Hearing the rip of metal against leather and flesh, he plucked Chemikaze from its pouch and twirled the instrument between his fingers before affirming his grip.

With a brief turn of his head, he entertained the girl's inquiry with a reply as equally concise as the gesture that accompanied it. "Probably not as funny as the ones you have, miss." Even as he spoke, his eyes discerned the location of the enemy in question, and he drew back his arm in response. After a brief moment, the length of the black blade glowed a deep red, and he surged forward- dagger in hand, and his target in sight.

Before long, his charge was followed by a five-hit flurry; with the system guiding his hands, the resulting arcs of swings were every bit as relentless as they were unnecessary. But even still, the scaled beast had fallen all the same.

---

ID: 40769 | BD: 3 + 3 (Equipment) = 6 (Hit) | LD: 11 (Col found)

<<Infinite>> activated for (5x1)[10+4(Charge)] = 70

70 RAW - 51 MT = 19 DMG

HP List

Azide: 149/149

Energy: 31/36 (-5)

Calrex: 209/209

Energy: 40/51 

Enemies:
Stone Lizard
: -6/105

+1 Material, +525 Col

Edited by Azide

“You’re probably right, however the space between the hilt scabbard and my body does make a nice little resting point.” Her eyes flick to the overly large weapon, “Then again I probably should start just carrying it, that might be a touch easier.” Sighing slightly she gazed up the side of the mountain as she hears Calrex say he’ll be back in a moment her eyes shoot to him.

Watching as her husband dashed off Teayre couldn’t help but give a small smile watching the deep blue of his sword art cutting through the majority of a lizard. Raising an eyebrow at Azide her smiles morphs into a smirk, “I doubt it although there was one time when he took one of Mari’s potions…” Blushing she turns her head to one side shaking it vigourously. “Not that, that matters... Her potions are rather unique wouldn’t you say? Please call me Teayre as well if you would, not miss it reminds me of unpleasant times…”

As Azide rushed off to take out the Stone Lizard that Calrex had engaged Teayre follows the duo at a distant noticing another Stone Lizard creeping up on them she charges towards it her blade drawing out of its sheath at the same time the creature lunges forwards towards her partner. Catching it’s teeth with her blade she is flung to one side when it shakes its head violently in order to break the lock. “Gah!” Exhaling sharply as she lands against a boulder the muramasa clattering down next to her.

Spoiler

ID: 41523 BD: 1 (Nat) MD: 4

HP List

Azide: 149/149
    Energy: 31/36 (-5)

Teayre: 149/149
    Energy: 34/36 

Enemies:
Stone Lizard: 105/105 (25 MIT This Time)

Edited by Teayre

ID: 41628
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 15 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 30 Remaining)

As Azide eliminated the lizard in front of him Calrex gave a nod, "Thanks man. I guess I bit off a bit more than I could take down in one shot, heh."

Looking back over as he heard the clanking of hardened steel against the earth he looked back to see that his wife had fallen under attack. After giving a calming breath he almost instinctively used his <<Charge>> skill, closing the distance as the Grand Blade lit up with the shining golden glow, the aura of his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art. As he got into striking range he ripped into the creature with his sword, leaving numerous golden cuts on the creature before knocking it away, finishing with a leaping slash as it broke into crystals.

"Well, I guess I can still one shot some things after all."

Looking down he saw that the creature had dropped some materials and col as he gave a nod, "Guess add some more cash and materials to the inventory then."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 525 col (Mob HP 105 * 5 col = 525)

HP List
Azide:
 149/149
    Energy: 31/36

(-11+1)
Teayre: 149/149
    Energy: 34/36 

Enemies:
Stone Lizard: -24/105 (25 MIT This Time) (10+1+3 * 11 Art - 25 MIT = 129 DMG)

Edited by Calrex