[PP-F4] Table for Two? (Ariel) [Completed]

Hikoru sighed and brisked in his shop. His friend Takneil had tried to talk him to take Ariel out for a date, and actually succeeding in doing so.. He was blushing profusely as he talked to him, and he tried to argue against it, but to no prevail. His friend was stubborn, and what he said is what usually happened. Although he did have a crush on her, a small one, since they met. But he just expected to let it slide. But here he was, looking his best and making sure his hair was as tidy as it could be and his Weapon staying is his backpack and out of sight, but close enough to grab in case of emergency. He breathed in and made his way to the teleporter of the 3rd floor and breathed in

"Teleport, Floor 4!" He said as he was soon pixelated and came out on the chilly floor. He breathed in and shivered slightly, not liking the cold as much as others, and made his way to The Lions Den. He breathed deeply as he stood in front of the door. Was he really doing this? Would he really have a chance with Ariel? He breathed and put his hand on the door. Only one way to find out. He knocked on the door lightly, but loud enough to make sure that she could hear him

"Ariel? You there?" He asked, as stong as he could. Although he could feel his heart in his throat, and small butterflies in his stomach

Edited by Hikoru
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the blonde was working...lately a big influx of orders kept her busy and she was just working on the last of them. She was relieved by the fact but also a bit sad... 'let's hope I can keep up the pace.' she thought as she searched for some golden trimming for the cloak she was making. Kimba was as ever, lounging around the fireplace switching indiscriminately between napping and walking around the shop, exercising her legs and occasionally scratching on things she wanted for whatever reason. The last part was just to annoy the hell out of Ariel or so one might think. "Okay, I told you to cut that out! Stop it or I won't give you dinner!" sounded a harsh voice as Ariel directed her attention toward her troublemaking companion who yet again found one of the chairs in the shop, the perfect object on which to sharpen her claws.

At the blonde's voice she growled in protest but stopped and went back in front of the fireplace. The blonde sighed and thought of continuing her work, when the welcoming chimes of the entrance bells got her attention. She would hear someone summoning her from the entrance. "Yes. Come in!" she said to the familiar voice, only to see that it was Hikoru. She stopped her work and went towards the shop counter, greeting him with a smile: "Back already? What can I help you with today?"

Hikoru walked in silently, seeing Kimba in the corner by the fire. He went over and pet him lightly, giving him a smile and standing up, looking at Ariel with a slight blush strewn about his cheeks. He stood in a moment of silence, unable to think of what to say. After a moment, he cleared his throat and smiles shyly

"Well I didn't come for an order...." He said shyly. "Well, technically but...."  He sighed and breathe in deeply "I came here to ask you on a date." He blurted out, a small blush emanating on his cheeks. He had never asked a girl on a date before, and he was new to this. "I just thought it would be kinda fun, hanging out at a nice dinner, maybe walk in the forest..." He said. He remembered that he always wanted to take a walk in the woods of the 4th floor. Although it was night, the snow falling in the light of the moon was always beautiful in real life, so why wouldn't it be in SAO? He smiled and stood for another moment

"So how about it?..." He asked, waiting for a response

She'd taken Hikoru as a reliant but a bit too shy guy, now he was acting even more timid than that for some reason. She'd listen to his request with a curious expression at first but quickly gaining a different type of smile as she realized what he was doing. She giggled at the fact that he got all flustered about a simple proposition like that. Well he wasn't the most able in the art of communication but she kind of liked that about him, not bragging around, being smug or talking on and on about nothing in particular offering little to none content, was a big plus in her eyes. Also the proposition for dinner and a walk sounded pleasant, it would be a nice change of pace from the constant presence on the front lines.

"I see no problem with that. Give me a few minutes to change" she said while changing her focus on Kimba. "You'll stay here and hold the fort, OK girl?" to which the sleepy lion simply purr at Hikoru's patting, not giving her a valid reply.She turned around towards her shop inventory then stopped midway and turned her head around, speaking with a sly smile: "Just a reminder... this shop is outside the city's safe zone..." and she just let that information floating as she went behind a lid screen, like you'd find in a typical Japanese house.

Hikoru smiled widely as she said yes and she left to go get changed. She said something about the shop not being in the city safe zone, but he had already known that, but how she said it confused him, as if she had something in mind. He shrugged at his confusion, leaving it where it was as he went over and pet Kimba a little more, then made his way outside. It was cold, much colder than it had been when he first came here, but that was probably because of the fireplace in Ariel's shop. He kept his hands warm as best he could, and decided to look out at the moon and stars. Although they were artificial, he still remembered every constellation from what his dad had taught him

"There's Aquarius, Sagittarius, Virgo and...." He laughed as he found it "Leo, the Lion." He said with a smile. He had always liked the stars, they always told stories of the different characters and how they had appeared in the stars. He looked back at the shop, reading the sign of "The Crowned Lion." It didn't just get that name for a reason. Ariel was probably the best in her line of work being a Tailor. And while he was still a merchant, he was getting decent pay, but he knew dates weren't a thing to talk about this kind of stuff. It was a time to laugh and have fun with the other, making sure that they were happy and content.

Edited by Hikoru

Hearing the door open and shut alongside the bells made Ariel chuckle. "Suck a good boy!" she muttered as she looked through the things she had. "The dress from ST. Valentine..........the one from Zel's formal party......" like any other girl she did had a full wardrobe of dresses and shoes, now it was only a problem of getting the right one for this occasion. "Something nice but not too provocative..maybe a warm colour since it's the first time. Ah this is good. " she muttered, catching Kimba's attention as the overgrown feline went by her side. The blonde entered the HUD inventory menu and removed all her clothing except for the underwear and proceeded to trying different dresses. Kimba would offer her assistance and menacing growl at the one she didn't like and nod trice at the one she did like. So after about a half an hour of trial and fail the two found the perfect dress that was on both their taste. "Okay, now for the stockings...." she opened a different drawer and picked up a pair of ordinary high school-like, under the knee, black stockings. Which of course got the feline seal of approval. The last item was a easy one to pick, she went with a pair of black leather boots for the snow, similar with her regular ones but these reached high enough to almost completely cover the stockings, stopping at about a hand under the knee.

After applying some basic light make-up such as lipstick and eye shader she walked in front of the giant mirror located beside the counter. A smile escaped her expression as she softly muttered "Perfect!" to which Kimba nodded in agreement. To which, the blonde turned towards the exit and told her companion: "I'll leave you in charge then. Imma go enjoy the night breeze." Then she stepped out, the bells above the entrance chiming her arriving. She looked at Hikoru who's been waiting outside for her for a while now.. 30-40 minutes or so. "Sorry it took so long, you know how it is." she said with a smile, as through that sentence would cure even cancer alongside that smile. 

Dress: 

Spoiler

1538218_245338.jpg

Hikoru stood outside, making out the different constellations for what seemed like awhile, but he felt as of it was only a few moments, when he heard the bells of the door and turned to see Ariel in a elegeant dress. He blushed slightly at how beautiful she looked. A pretty red dress with black boots and socks, with very light makeup, bringing out her elegeant features. He felt a blush flushing on his cheeks, and he smiled as she tried to explain what took so long.

"Wow.... you look.... Amazing..." He said, blushing "And don't worry, It didn't feel that long, I was out here enjoying the beauty anyways." He said and he blushed "But now I have something better to look at...." He said shyly, but he meant every word he said. He held out his arm, slow at first, but he hoped to be a gentlemen tonight, and that's what he was to be. He held it out for her to take and interlock arms with. He blushes as he did, unsure if he was doing it correctly, but it felt right so he went with his gut instinct. He coughed akwardly "Shall we be on our way?" He asked "I feel like it would be nice to find the diner before it gets too dark that their all closed" he said with a light smile and a light laugh.

Edited by Hikoru

Upon the praise, she made a light pirouette, making crunching sound on the snow with her boots as her skirt raised up a bit but didn't reveal anything underneath . "I'm glad you like it!" she didn't knew what beauty he was referring to, be it the starts or the scenery of the nearby snowy forest... she had chosen this location for those and even more reasons. It felt nice that somebody appreciated it as well. He noticed his shyness and all his blushing and couldn't help but feel her cheeks tinge of a light red as well. 'What am I getting all flustered about?' she asked herself but found no answer. As he tried to act in a gentleman-like fashion she approached him, hooked one of her hands into his and with the free one straighten him up and raised his chin. "Now that's the proper stance I want to see from you." She'd knew this because of the countless before and after tournament parties she'd attended since the age of 13. Knowing a little more than your average person, about formality was one of the perk and in the same time requirement of being a world renowned professional fencer IRL.

"Then lead the way, dear Hikoru! I wouldn't want to impede your plans for tonight" she said with a smile while brushing a bit of snow off the shoulder she'd attached herself to, as she returned a small giggle. This respite was exactly what she needed at the moment, too much had happened lately and she needed to forget about it.

Hikoru stood straighter and lifted his chin higher as Ariel fixed his posture, and he smiled in thanks as he did. He walked to town through a path he had made with his own feet, trampling it before he had gotten to Ariel's shop. He walked making sure to leave plenty of room for Ariel, blushing and smiling as she held onto his arm.

"You look beautiful tonight, you really do..." He said sincerely. "If I forgot to say it before..." He blushed slightly and looked at Ariel, giving her a shy but sincere smile, like any boy would give to a girk he truly loved. He walked the path carefully, making sure to not have Ariel tread through the deeper parts of the snow, and soon the entrance to the town appear in his eyesight. He smiled and held Ariel close, smiling widely and feeling a blush crawl across his cheeks

"So we can either go to the inn or a nice restaurant opened by a player. What do you prefer?" He asked with a small smile. He wanted Ariel to have a night that she wouldn't forget for a long time. He wanted to make sure she enjoyed every second, and the first thing to make it better I'd to let her choose where she wanted to eat. He had enough col to go anywhere she wanted, and it wasn't a problem at all.

Despite acting tough pretty much all the time as it was part of her character. Even before she started wielding the sword she had a tomboyish character. But even she couldn't help and feel her knees go weak at that comment she heard that compliment. Good luck she was supporting on the boy or else she'd walked in a awkward manner by herself, it was like a psychological effect than something wrong with her feet. Her face went red as she lowered her gaze and softly whispered "Thank you..." near his right ear, afraid that someone else, God knows who, would hear her. Luckily the wound of snow crunching under their feet was a good distraction, as the surrounding scenery. Upon hearing his next question, she smiled:

"You invited me, remember? I leave the relevant choices to you." It's been too long since she had a moment like this, strangely enough none would come into mind. She'd had a couple of boyfriends but didn't even remember their names or faces at the moment. She didn't strained herself to remember either, as it didn't matter. She'd treat this like her first date... it was partially true, there was a thing on St. Valentine's date but she saw it more like a mutually agreed partnership between friends for the evening than a date. They could see the gates of Snowfrost Village

Hikoru smiled as he held Ariel tight, a light blush on his cheeks from both the cold and from being so close to Ariel. He felt so lucky to have been lucky enough to go on this date with her. He breathed in and out deeply, feeling his heart going miles about what should be called healthy, and he sighed out as he thought of where they would eat. She said for him to choose, and he wanted to make it a beautiful spot. He smiled as he remembered a shop that sat on top of a hill, and had a beautiful view looking over the village. He had remembered sitting in the table that looked over it, and how the stars shone brightly from where he sat. He smiled and looked at Ariel with a smile that would melt his own heart if he could see it

"I know the perfect place." He said "But its a little bit of a walk, a flight or two of stairs, but it worth it." He said with a large smile, remembering it well. He was one of a very good memory, and in his opinion, it was one of the most beautiful spots in any of the floors he had explored and went to, and he wished he could have lived there, staying close to the mountain and its beauty. Although, to him, the beauty of the mountain didn't matter. The beauty on his arm was more important. He smiled and looked in Ariel's eyes

"How about it? Sound good?" he asked, making sure that he didn't make a choice without her consent.

Listening to his request the blonde turned her gaze towards him. "I've been on this floor for about a year, so a little hiking wasn't out of my expectation area. That's why these are for!" she said with a smile as she pointed with her right hand towards her high end boots. "I'm really curious to see this 'perfect place' you talk about" she continued as they continued their steady walk. She took the opportunity to look at the skies and see them all clear, a rare opportunity in this place where snow came in insurmountable quantities. In all her time spend here, the managed to see this happen on at most 3 occasions. "I must say, today is indeed special." she muttered under her breath. The thought of why did he invite her on a date, crossed her mind but refrained from voicing it. Waiting for them to get to the designated location before engaging in that type of discussion. She decided to go with some more small talk in the meanwhile.

"I've been meaning to ask, what profession did you pick. I'm sure you told me at a moment but a lot of things happened and I kind of forgot. Tehe!" she ended with showing the tip of her tongue in a cute way with that 'tehe'. Obviously he knew her profession but she was interested in his now. This way talking about something he was familiar with might help him relax.

Hikoru listened quietly as she explained that she was used to the hiking of this floor, since her shop was here on this floor. He inwardly sighed as he should have known that since he had picked her up not even ten minutes ago. He sighed and smiled slightly as Ariel said something about his 'Special Place'. He brought her a little closer

"I'm sure you'll love it." He said with a laugh. It was silent for a moment, and he heard Ariel mutter something, but decided not to ask what she said. If she wanted to say something to him, she would have said it loud enough for him to hear, so he knew it wasn't his place to ask or say. It was silence for another few moments, when Ariel asked him what his profession was. It was a strange question, but a nice one none the less. He looked ahead at the town, seeing it coming closer into view, its bright lights shining through the darkened night. He smiled slightly as he could already taste the good food that he knew the Diner had, and he could almost hear his stomach begging him for food. He focused back to Ariel, who was awaiting a question.

"I'm a Merchant." he said simply "I believe i'm also the best in Aincrad." He said, not entirely sure of the statement or not. He knew there were very few Merchants, and one of the Merchants had seemed to go missing, nobody hearing him from awhile. He looked back at the leaving shop and smiled "And if I may ask, how is The Crowned Lion doing? I've been hearing rumour' s that your shop is the best tailor around." He said with a genuous smile. He hadn't heard from awhile, as he had been busy himself with his own problems and adventures. But tonight was his night to catch up, see what he had been missing from his friend's lives.

She listened to him answer her question, making quite a bold claim. "Oh are you now? well I've noticed a lack of merchants lately...ever since ....Crow....Bal....some of my friends went of the grid." she wanted to say their name but was afraid that memories would resurface and she'd get into a grim mood, possibly ruining the evening for both of them. She squeezed his arm in instinct as she tried to return to her normal cheery mood. She looked at Hikoru as he asked: "I'm doing pretty fine also those romours are more like statements. The Lion's Den is the currently #1 ranked tailor shop in terms of sell and Tailor rank. I'm this close to getting to rank 8 which will give me the tittle of 'Provisional Master Tailor'." she said with pride in her tone. "Lately the shop's been a bit more lively, just now I was finishing a item for Zelrius... if he's gonna ask why it isn't done Imma give him your name since you took me on a date." she said with a laugh, in the same time something was becoming more noticeable in front of them. "Is that the place? she asked while pointing with her slender finger.

Hikoru listened as she talked about the lack of Merchants, saying some names very quiet. When he was about to ask he felt Ariel squeeze his arm. It wasn't hard, but it was enough to tell him that it was a topic that should not be touched at all. He mentally nodded to himself, leaving the topic as it was and not asking any questions. She talked proudly of her shop, and it brought a smile to his face. He liked hearing about The Lions Den, since it was the first place he had ever been comfortable at when he first started. and Kimba always seemed to be nice to him, and he beamed at her happily

"That's so good to hear! I can only hope it get's better!" He said. She said something about an order for Zel, and if he asked about his order she would say his name, and it scared him for a moment, but he was sure that it wouldn't harm him as long as he stayed away from him, and in the safe zones. She asked if she could see the diner, pointing her slender finger upwards, and he looked, he could see the diner on top of the hill. He smiled and nodded

"Yeah, that's the place." He said in a positive voice. He saw the beginning of the stairs that lead up, and motioned towards them. "We just gotta climb those stairs and were there." He said simply. He made it to the base of the stairs, and started to climb, making sure to go slow as to not slip on the stairs, as he wasn't used to the snow like everyone else around here, making it easier for him to slip.

Edited by Hikoru

Receiving a positive answer from Hikoru the girl released a relieved sigh. It wasn't that she didn't like walking like that alongside him but she was anxious to see what he had planned since this diner looked nice already. Watching her step she made good use of the boots she had, looking at Hikoru who almost struggled to climb. To get him a bit more motivated she released his arm and began ascending by herself with a girlish giggle. "C'mon keep up or I'll find myself another date!" she said teasingly as she went up with feline like agility.

Hikoru felt Ariel let go of his arm, and he almost slipped from that itself. She laughed at his clumsiness. She told him to hurry up or she would find another date. He knew she was joking, but he took it as a challenge, and he knew that he couldn't man down. He took a minute, getting used to the feel of the stairs, almost falling a few times, but he finally got the hang of it after awhile, and soon started sprinting up the steps, catching up quickly until he was mere feet from her. He slowed down and finally was able to get close enough to touch her, and he smiled as he grabbed her and lifted her over his shoulder

"Caught ya." He said with a laugh. He spun her for a minute, then set her down "Come on, lets head inside. I'm getting pretty cold out here." He said with a laugh. He could feel his nose, as red as Rudolph's nose. He held out his arm for Ariel to take again, making sure to stand up straight and to keep his chin up, as it had been before, and he gave her a heartwarming smile

As she run up, the blonde would steal glances behind her to see her date's progress. It was all going well, a bit shaky at the beginning but quickly adapting... until he finally managed to follow up to her. Better said she let him to get close and even lift her up. Then again such details were better left unsaid as she quite enjoyed being spun around for a good 1 minute while laughing to her heart's content. When she finally got with her feet back on solid pixelated earth she took a look at Hikoru as things all around her stopped spinning.

She noticed that he had adopted the previous position but stood more dignifying. She slipped next to him with the same feline agility she showed earlier and grabbed him by the arm. "That's to be expected from a non-resident" she chuckled as they made their way into the diner.

He smiled as she seemed to enjoy the spinning. He felt like one of the luckiest players in the game, and for good reason. He walked with her to the diner, and he opened the door for her. He let her through first, and he went in second, being as gentlemen as he could. Business was usual in the diner. A few players scattered around the area, but none in his special table. He smiled and nodded at the diner owner, who nodded back and went into the back room. He lead Ariel to his table, holding out the chair for her with a smile

"Care to have a chair?" He joked lightly. He let her sit, then pushed her into the table, making sure to give her enough space to move but not enough space that she's miles away from the table. He smiled and sat down himself on the other side. He looked out the window, and enjoyed the view. The village looked small, but beautiful in the snow-less night. He sighed and smiled

"So what do you think?" He asked, wanting to see her opinion on the view

'Gentleman manners... bonus points' thought Ariel, making a mental note of his behaviour as she entered the place. Taking a quick look at the surroundings as to asess the place, she let it show a mocking smile as this has become a habbit she picked up from spending to much time on tje front lines.

The place itself was nice, nit overly filled with players and had a good overall vibe. She watched the friendly sillent exchange between Hikoru and some random person let herself ushered towards the intended table and seat. She couldn't help but notice that her date was all rainbows and smiles ever since they left her shop. And wanted to ask why but was distracted by the view.

"Its beautiful" she involuntarily answered his question while looking through the window.