[PP-F4] Table for Two? (Ariel) [Completed]

Hikoru smiled as Ariel seemed to enjoy the view. He had always loved the view, and now he knew that she seemed to enjoy it as well. He smiled and blushed

"Yeah...." He said, and he chose his next words wisely, hoping to be smooth about it. He breathed in deeply, and breathed out silently "But not at beautiful as you." he said in a steady voice. His voice was strong as he said it, almost sounding as it was saying a command. He hoped it wouldn't make it too awkward, but it's all he kept thinking about ever since he had gone to meet her to take her on the date. he breathed as a waiter came over, asking for their orders. He smiled and nodded

"I'll just have a simple steak with a side of mashed potatoes, if you would." He said with a nod. The waiter nodded and wrote it down, looking at her with a solemn look

"And you Madam?" He asked.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To his reply, the blonde was freed by the view's enchantments and feel a flush gingerly forming on her cheeks. 'Thank you... You don't look too bad yourself.' she replied with a subdued tone. She was taken a bit aback by his tone but didn't dislike it, it was a good contrast with the shy and reluctant one he usually has. Luckily, a waiter came and asked for their orders, after hearing Hikoru's order she replied with her own, her voice already getting back to its original tone. "I'll have the 'Spaghetti alla Carbonara' please, oh and a glass of white wine." she said, pronouncing the plate's name with an almost authentic italian accent and pronunciation.

The waiter nodded and then turned towards Hikoru once again asking: "And you sir, would you like something to drink?" his tone was a bit different, to show him that he should've asked for a drink and appetizer first before ordering the main course. Ariel, who was accustomed with formal social events from real life decided to overlook that fact.

Hikoru blushed as she said he didn't look bad, and he looked down shyly, trying to conceal the blush. Ariel told the waiter what she wanted to eat and drink, and soon he asked for what he wanted to drink, and he thought for a moment, and with a nod he said "Just some simple wine. I'm not feeling any ale tonight." He said. The waiter nodded and wrote it down, leaving to give the order to the chef and check on the other customers. Hikoru looked back at Arial and crosses his fingers, keeping his elbows off the table but all the same being as comfortable as he could.

"So tell me a little more about yourself." He said "I know only about, well, a little bit about The Crowned Lion" He said with a smile. He had met her and only knew so little about her. He felt that it would be nice small talk for the time being. He sighed silently through his nose and stared at her intently, enjoying the sparkle from the stars in her eyes.

Seeing as he ordered some wine as well, then blinked at his question. "About me.... I think I never told you from where that nickname comes from right?" she asked with a smile. It's true, there were few people that knew the meaning behind it. Most think that is just because of Kimba but actually she had that nickname long before joining SAO. "Well let me start by saying a bit about my past. Since the name D'Sole doesn't ring a bell you probably aren't a fencing fan. Well most people aren't but for those few that are... That family name is belongs to a world champion fencer from two decades ago... my father, Eugeo D'Sole." her voice sounded prideful as she talked in depth about her family for the first time in this game. 

Hikoru listened intently to Ariel's history. He hadn't known much about the D'Sole family, but his friend of home used to bounce the name around once or twice. He nodded and listened, enjoying her story and the pride she took in it. He nodded and peeked looks at the area around him. The night was beautiful and the stars and moon shone brightly in the dark night. The village was lit up brightly, and the reflection of the town shone in Ariel's eyes, and he blushed as he looked into them. He breathed in deeply for a moment, then nodded

"That's really cool." He said smiling slightly "Please, don't stop."

It seemed she got his interest, was it for the story or something else? The blonde wasn't sure as he kept staring into his eyes. Brushing away that remark, she decided to continue: "And basically my father meet my mother in Japan during a tournament he attended there. It was love at first sight and some time later I was born. My mother belonged to a very archaic clan so to get their approval he had to learn japanese swordsmanship and challenge my grandfather to a duel for her hand... He didn't win but impressed grandfather and he approved of their marriage." she said with a smile as her eyes looked at Hikoru to see if he got bored with the story. In that break their drinks arrived at the table and with a simple 'Thank you!' towards the waiter. She took a glass and was ready for a toast. "Anything in particular you'd like to toast to?" she asked her date for the evening.

Hikoru listened, amazed at the story of love her family had. He had never heard of something like it, and it amazed him. He imagined it in his own mind, and the outcome seemed amazing. He sighed happily with the story and nodded

"That's beautiful, that really is." He said with a smile. Suddenly the waiter appeared, arriving with their drinks. He smiled and nodded "Thanks." He said with a smile. Ariel asked for a toast, and he thought for a moment. He didn't want to make it something very large, but something simple, something that suited the situation. He smiled inwardly as he thought of exactly what he wanted

"How about... A toast to a wonderful night, with a wonderful lady." He said with a sincere look in his eyes.

It seemed her concern was unfounded as the person in front of her responded positively to it. A smile escaped her lips as she heard his toast.. 'A fine lady, ka?' she thought before replying by raising her glass. "I haven't acted much in a lady-like manner since joining SAO but I'll take your word for it. In exchange let me toast.... to a wonderful night, with a fine gentleman." she liked how he didn't went and tried to say something exaggerated and kept things simple, that was how she prefered it herself. Sipping on some wine after that, she cleared her throat and decided to continue:

"So I reached the point in the story, where I was born, right? I wasn't exactly a lady even when I was little, in fact I've been told that I had a tomboyish character. Always about running and playingin the garden, hating dolls and fictive tea parties." she made a brief pause filled by a chuckle then continued. All that changed when my father saw my interest in his personal training. Despite retiring from his fencing career to be with his family he still practiced both fencing and Kenjutsu and I would always 'supervise' him. That is until I was old enough to pick a wooden practice sword... after than he included me in his training, teaching me the basics of both European and Japanese sword arts" she'd deliberately use the word art rather than style, as he managed to perfect both in a short timespan.

"At the age of 13, after finishing basic training he gave me a choice, to continue training with him as a hobby or go professional and specialize the training to just one type of art. After a internal debate, I decided to step into my father's shoes as fencer and dedicate all my time into that. After that I began attending fencing tournaments and championships, earning the nickname 'Crowned Lion' from the commentators. Of course, they got it from my ferocious yet elegant fighting style but initially is part of the interpretation of my name."

She made a small cough to clear her thread as she was reaching the end of her story: "Kayla Ariel D'Sole, my name can be interpreted as 'The Crowned Lion by the Sun God' this is the first gift that my parents gave to me and i'll cut down everyone that dares mock it." she said with a proud yet menacing tone. Realizing that sounded a bit like a threat she took a sip of wine and relaxed into the chair. "That's my pre SAO lifestory... for better or worse. Now, how about you tell me something about yourself."

• 4 weeks later...

Hikoru listened in amazement. The story that she told him was filled with a lot of excitement and fun as it sounded. Although he knew himself that he couldn't sit around and do nothing but practice one thing. He sipped his drink and gave a small smile, placing the napkin on his lap as she asked him to tell her his own story, and he froze. Never in all of SAO he had told anyone his story of his IRL life. He looked at her, with a small chill running down his spine. He wasn't comfortable talking about his life on the outside, but Ariel had just taken the time to tell hers, so why shouldn't he? He sighed and looked down into his lap, then looked up

"Well, mines not anything like yours..." He said with a very serious tone. "See, when I was growing up, I was brought up in a fairly nice home. Everything I was taught was to make it fun. From cooking to cleaning, everything was something fun, something to laugh about, if that explains why im always positive." He said with a small laugh "But it wasn't all fun and games. Once my brother came around, my parents gave him more attention than me, but now that im older, I understand why as he was a baby. But at the time, a grew very jealous. And well, being a boy I was very competitive as a brother, always beating him to the best of my ability. But soon we bonded and we soon turned from mortal enemies to allies." He said with a smile, remembering all the fun times he had as a child. He turned and the waiter arrived with their food, and he nodded politely, giving a small smile to the waiter as he picked up his fork and knife.

"Lets take a moment to eat, and i'll give more of my story later." He said with a small smile

• 1 month later...

"That sounds.... nice." she said slowly, almost as in a whisper. It might've sounded a bit of well, she didn't knew how to put it. It felt that she should somehow be sorry for him? or not? She decided not to give it too much thought. Pity might seem like a kind action but often, acts of pity enrage the recipient so she decided to overlook it and continue the topic:
"I never had a brother,sister... or even a close friend that could come to my house to play around with me. It's always been training and training and don't get me wrong I didn't dislike it, it's just that something felt missing as I became older and attended regular school. That is when I wasn't traveling... never had a chance to make a real best friend, maybe fans." she sighted as she directed the topic towards herself again.

She took a sip of wine and then picked up the tableware that was presented in front of her. Instead of the fork, she reached for a spoon with her non-dominant hand, picking the aforementioned silverware next with her right hand. Making contact with the pastas, she elegantly placed the spoon under a close potion to the exterior then began elegantly rotating the fork inside the spoon. In no time of all making a small mouth sized bite which she then tasted.
"Delicious" she said with grace as elegance filled her every move, even the small chewing motions she made with her jaws. Etiquette was indeed one of her strong suits as while her father wanted her to be a great 'warrior' her mother tried hard to make her into a 'proper lady' like in the west, from where her father came. This set of teachings seems almost opposite: A european father teaching her kenjutsu and swordsmanship while her japanese mother was teaching her western etiquette. From which she enjoyed the first one but the later, learned it more like a reflex. Stilla untrained eye couldn't tell which means that her mother must've done a good job.

Directing her gaze towards her date the blonde asked with a smile: "So how's yours?"

Hikoru smiled as he grabbed his knife with his dominant left hand, and his fork with his right. He held his steak down with his fork and cut the piece where the fork was, and chewed on the piece of steak slowly. It tasted just as he remembered his mom making it when he was younger and not stuck in a VR game. It brought him back to a time where things were simpler, and he didn't have to go and fight a boar that had the chance to kill him and end his life both here and outside the game. He sighed and closed his eyes happily, enjoying the memories that came flooding back to him in but a few moments of one bite. He sighed and came back after swallowing, then blushed and sat up, realizing that he had started to lean onto the table in his dream stats

"S-sorry.... It's really good, like my mom used to make..." He said. He remembered that Ariel had said a bit about not having siblings, and he just chuckled a bit "Yeah well, it's not all it's cracked up to be." He said with another chuckle "With him stealing my stuff, mooching off my job money, and just acting like a little blood-sucker that you just can't get rid of... But I do miss him" He said with a sigh. "And well, I didn't have much friends either back then, I worked on my studies instead of going to parties, and that made me sooo popular with the guys." He said with a laugh. He was called "Nerd" or "Geek" throughout school, but he just learned to block it out after awhile, and soon was able to focus on his studies more. But it still hurt to be alone. He frowned for a moment, but then smiled again "But it made me who I am, and I can't complain." He said with a laugh

"Ii ne, chotto urayamashii.*" she sighted in an almost inaudible tone, letting out those words as a whisper. She'd hopped that the damn translation system didn't pick up on what she said. "Sounds troublesome!" she continued with a fake cough and a light smile. She could relate with the fact of not being popular in class. "Seems that despite coming from different places we have similar backgrounds... I too wasn't that popular with the other girls in my class. Of course none challenged me directly as I was trained by my father in self combat alongside fencing but my belongings would often be the target of bullying. Ominous letters or writing on the desk, stuff like that happened on the rare occasions I'd actually go to school and not be participating in a fencing tournament in some corner of the world." with a giggle, she remember when a upperclassman came to her and started calling her names like "muscle brains" or "she-male" due to the well tonified body she had gained as a result of her training... Well let's just say that the blonde waited for that senpai to lash at her before she took her down and broke the nose she was so proud off.   

She brought up her glass of wine,leaving that particularly fun memory beside and raise it up: "I completely agree, better or worse past events shaped who we are now. Only drunks and madmen try to deny that with alcohol and run from it. Here's to us fools that accept it!"

*translation...if you really want it:

Spoiler

"Sounds good/nice, (I'm) a bit jealous."

Hikoru smiled as she seemed to agree, but something seemed off. But he just shrugged it off and continued to listen to Ariel with a small nod as he continued to eat slowly. He finished about half of his steak and potatoes when Ariel held up her wine glass. He smiled and set his fork down to the side, the knife on the other and picked up his wine glass and held it up next to Ariel's. He was having a great time, and a toast was well needed for the new information for both him and Ariel. They knew more about each other than a lot of other players in this game ever would, and he was happy with that. He felt that he could trust Ariel with anything that she wanted to know, and she would keep it to herself. He gave a small smile and laughed

"And here's to our lives, forever changing and shaping us into who we are, may we always be well!" He said as he held his glass up

Seeing as he honored her toast, the blonde slightly tilted her glas to touch his. A soft crystalline sound filled their surroundings as she sipped out of her wine glass. She had been having a nice time ever since she left the shop... maybe even before that, as she was picking her outfit. She's surprised herself upon seeing how much she revealed of herself to the boy. She didn't mind it though, the conversation felt natural and it was not like she had to hide anything. It's not like she had something extremely shameful or tragic before SAO as she was rather happy and in peace with her past. What happened after...  that was a story for another time perhaps.

After finishing the remaining of her plate, the blonde let out a satisfied sigh and lightly clapped her hands. "Gochisousama deshita!*"  were the words that came out of her mouth as a native japanese. Next she looks at Hikoru and releases a soft smile while saying: "Time really passes by when you're having fun." Turning her gaze at the window, she noticed that it was night time for a while now... and could swear that there was somebody out there in the snow watching them, despite not sensing any ill intent.

* - Jap. "Thank you for the meal!"

Hikoru smiled and finished off his food happily, enjoying the taste of the food that he had ordered. He was so happy that he got to eat good food and hang out with a beautiful woman for the night. He wiped off his mouth slightly, getting rid of some excess crumbs and such off his mouth and face, and gave a sigh of relief as he was not full and feeling well, better than he had felt in a long time. He looked and saw that Ariel was staring out the window, and he looked to see that it was night time, and that time really had gone by. He smiled and gave a nod

"Yeah, I suppose..." He said with a small smile. He set his silverware onto his plate and sat back in his chair with a small smile "So do you want to get some dessert, or go out on a nice walk?" He asked with a bright smile. He knew it would be beautiful tonight, especially by the fountains and the lights of the street lamps, and he wanted to enjoy the feeling with his beautiful date.

Hikoru's question woke the girl from her daydream on the other side of the frozen windows. Desert sounded like a good idea but she was in the mood for something else and a walk would be the perfect start for it. Today had been and is trully a different time, she'd forget about the front lines with its power struggle, the shop with its pending orders even about her familiar with the lioness' free spirit, to put it in happy terms. "I'd be delighted to go for a walk on this fine evening." She replied with a smile as the waiter came to take their empty plates.

"Would you like anything else?" He asked in the same polite tone was either genuine or a well practiced expression, one that she was familiar with as she too used that tone and smile in the past when talking to clients. "Just the check please." She answered and after making a puzzled expression, the waiter went after the receipt.

She then turned to Hikoru and after they paid their meal, she stood up and returned at his side while again, interlocking her arm onto his. It so happened that one of her favorite places to reflect was a frozen fountain in Snowfrost Village, so the prospect of seing a similar one in the moon's light made a smile to appear on her face. She really enjoyed Hikoru's company so far, she was thinking about rewarding the boy at the end of the date.

Hikoru smiled as the waiter came and asked if there was all, and Ariel told him to get just the check. He had made plenty of Col over the past few months, and a smile drew over his face as Ariel came and locked her arm in his, and he blushed lightly and avoided eye contact for a moment. The waiter came and gave him the recipt, and he looked at the total, and nodded. He then made it towards the counter and paid the amount of col that was needed, and gave a smile as he and Ariel left the shop. starting to walk down the icy steps once more. He sighed and looked around, enjoying the look of the floor

"I suppose this floor is really beautiul... If only it wasn't so cold." He said with a laugh. He wasn't much for the cold, and this definitely didn't help him in any way. But he was able to endure it this much, so why couldn't he endure it for the rest of the day? He just beathed and held onto Ariel closely, not wanting to let go, and waiting for her to lead them to where she wanted to go for the evening, since he did choose where they ate. He smiled at her and nodded "Go on and lead the way, I chose dinner so you choose the walk."

Outside, the night's breeze brushed against Ariel's cheeks making her tighten the grip around his arm. The cold was something the blonde became used to after all the time spent as a resident of this floor. But from a... outsider's point of view this place was a frozen hell as much as a winter wonderland, so she simply nodded to his statement and after hearing his request she started thinking about possible destinations: "I take it that the dinner was all you planned for today and now that it's over, we're playing it by the ear." she let out a giggle after she made the taunting claim, being straightforward with what she thought, as always. Not waiting for a reply she continued: "As it happens, I do have a place I'd like to see." Then she started walking with him back towards Snowfrost Village, the route she'd taken being slightly different than the one from her shop to the restaurant.

Hikoru smiled and continued to walk towards the village with his date on his arm, and the nip of the cold wind on the tip of his nose. He shivered slightly, and did his best to hide himself shivering, but soon his teeth started to chatter, and he felt a blush on his cheeks as he tried to stop it. He was never a fan of the cold, and couldn't do anything about him shivering unless he could get warmer somehow. He breathed and looked at Ariel, a look of embarrassment plastering his face

"S-Sorry..." He said through chattering teeth "I-I don't l-like the c-cold...." He managed to say without biting his tongue. He breathed and did his best to try and control himself chattering, but he was having difficulty doing so, as his teeth wouldn't stop, and neither would his shivering. He breathed as best he could and hoped that he wasn't making a fool of himself in front of his date

She let out a involuntary giggle to his words: "Sorry I don't mean to laugh." she said, trying to suppress her laughter. With her free left hand, she brought up her shop inventory and began looking for something. She navigated through the complex categorization of her shop and easily found the item she was looking for. She equipped the vanity item that completely covered both of them into a black thick cape that seemed to be made, on the exterior, of feathers but on the inside it contained a silk-like material soft to the touch.(as visual aid, imagine the Night's Watch Cape from the Game Of Thrones series)

"As I said, you're either not used to the cold yet or not properly prepared for it." replied the blonde as they continued to walk. In almost no time they reached her favorite place in Snowfrost Village, a small plaza with a frozen fountain in the middle and a couple of frozen trees around them. "Here, we are.." said the blonde on a low tone as she felt a slight blush forming on her cheeks.