[PP-F4] Table for Two? (Ariel) [Completed]

Hikoru blushed as she laughed, and did his best to laugh through chattered teeth. He kept close to her, trying to steal some of her body heat while preserving her own, when he was suddenly covered by a coat. He breathed as he was warm, and soon gave Ariel a small smile, when he realized they were basically pressed together, trying to share the blanket. He blushed madly and looked away, and they soon arrived to the area she wanted to be with. It was beautiful, it really was. He sighed and shivered a bit more, still kinda cold but doing his best to keep in the body heat

"Wow, it's really beautiful..." He said silently, through slightly chattering teeth. He was still cold and doing his best to keep warm, but to no prevail. He sighed and did his best to keep warm, getting closer to Ariel to be like a penguin and huddle for warmth in the jacket.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked like the item helped him a bit, while making the perfect excuse to bring them colder. Cold was always a good excuse in that way, couples often say that they hate the cold but go to the mountain in vacations IRL. The blonde would think of some other reason for that happening while looking around the plaza. Not a single soul in sight as it was night for a while now. Lamps posts and random ambiental fire torches being the only things that would animate shadows. After taking a look at the fountain once again, the blonde nuzzled to Hikoru, resting her head on his right shoulder and muttered in a clear and audible voice, the question being for the one at her side despite her looking in another way: "Hikoru, can I ask you something?" it was kind of a stupid thing to do, ask permission to ask a question but that was just how the blonde phrased it at the moment.

Hikoru breathed deeply, taking in the scenic beauty around him. He sighed as the cold winter nipped at his nose and tips of his fingers, but he felt strangely... comfortable, like he was getting used to it already. He breathed, and he suddenly felt more warm on his right shoulder. He looked and saw Ariel nuzzling it. He blushed madly and avoided looking at her, as she looked at him and asked if she could ask a question. He wasn't sure at what she meant by the question, but he nodded anyways

"Sure, what's on your mind?" He replied back quietly. His teeth had stopped chattering, but he still had trouble talking, because he kept shaking every few seconds. He breathed and tried to do his best to continue to get warm and used to the temperatures of the outside, keeping as close as he could to Ariel 

Seeing him agree to her request the blonde moved her hand underneath the cape and embraced Hikoru, looking into his eyes with a faint smile as she started blushing as well. These emotions that she now had weren't something new to her but for some reason they were more intense than everything before. She gently bit the side of her lower lip in frustration. Why was she so hesitant all of the sudden, this wasn't like her at all. Taking a couple of breaths and releasing her, she managed to calm down a bit somehow. At least mentally as her heart would still be audibly racing. "would you........Would you mind telling me your name?" she finally asked after a very long pause. Her expression was flustered but she tried to hid her embarrassment and look try to look him in the eyes. 

Hikoru blushed as Ariel wrapped arms around him. he wasn't expecting it, and he tensed up for a moment, before blushing and hugging back lightly. She seemed to be hesitant on the question, and he started to grow scared. What could it have been? Was it really something that bad? He started to think of multiple things that it could have been, some completely outrageous, before she finally asked it, and it was all but his name. He breathed a small sigh of relief. It wasn't asking him to sacrifice something to the Gods as his mind had just thought of, and he gave a small smile

"Naith.... My name, is Naith... Naith Ouzgud..." He said shyly. He had never told anyone his name before this, only his friend Takneil knew of it, and he had promised to not share it with anyone. He breathed and hoped that he could trust her with this. He always wanted to keep his identity secret, and he hoped that no one, especially a crazy PK'er would learn it, then find him in the real world and kill him, if it ever got that far and they escaped the game. He gave a small smile and bit his lower lip a bit from anxiety, and a tad bit of chill still down his spine. But he felt warm now thanks to Ariel and her hugs.

"Na-yi-to Ou-zu-gu-do" she said in her clean japanese accent as she tried spelling his name in Japanese katakana. It was a bit of a tongue twister but she liked the sound of it. The fact that his first name sounded like the way japanese people pronounced the english word 'night'. Of course she was no fool, she understood what she asked and what he did by granting her request. An act of trust, as simple as that sounded it weighed tons for someone like her who would take pride in her Loyalty and Warrior's Spirit. A mix of feelings went through her as she listened to his words. She took his hand and looked into his eyes: "Thank you." she said in a soft voice. Throughout this date, she felt a small bud take 'life' inside her. She didn't see it as something serious and merely acted based on passed experiences, clinging on to him... being nice, stimulating him here and there with light flirting. She wasn't sure if this date will go anywhere serious and simply went with the flow.....until now. Her expression became serious as her heart started beating audibly louder. After posing that question, she decided to find out for sure and ask another... this time without hesitating or asking permission. "Hik... why me? from all the girl trapped here along with us.... Why me?" she asked coming out from underneath the cape, her figure directly bellow the full moon that reflected upon her features. Her expression was a serious one but her eyes were slowly becoming watery, the reason why she put some distance between them, so that he wouldn't notice. 

Hikoru smiled as the girl said his name in what seemed to be japanese, and he made a small smile as she said thank you, and he just gave a small laugh and held her close underneath the coat. He was glad that he could make her night by giving her some simple info, and it showed him how much he trusted her. He gave a small smile and held her close for another moment, but soon she moved away, and asked why he chose her. He was dumbfounded for a moment, and was unsure of what to do. He hadn't thought about it, and couldn't make words. For a moment, he stood and just looked at her. But soon he pulled her close and stroked her hair

"Because... I always have had a crush on you, ever since I had met you... and.. Your beautiful, even if no one else agrees... You are beautiful..." He said. He stared into her eyes for a moment, then he did something he couldn't stop himself from doing, and pulled her in for a light kiss on the cheek. He pulled away with a large blush enveloping his face and avoided eye contact soon afterward, not sure of what to do after that. He didn't know how she would react, and he would have to wait and see.

His pause.... made the blonde hold her breath in expectancy. She'd heard so much bull about her wits, looks and talents from potential love interest. None of them were sincere and honestly bored her. But being with someone a bit younger than her, she was curious to what he had to reply. When the words finally came out, her expression softened as despite his simple wording he 'spoke' more though his actions. A ginger kiss planted on her cheek mean more to her than any love poem. But it was not just that gesture that got to her but his behaviour overall throughout the day. He came with a plan and went out of his way to ensure that she was entertained and happy. They shared a delicious dinner together then walked very close together, intertwining their arms under a cozy cape. At the end, she even ended up with a confession from him. In the couple of past experiences she had, from all that is listed above she only got bits and pieces disguised in smoke and mirrors. She'd become reluctant about such confessions and learned to trust her instincts, right now.... those didn't act, they just went numb. Instead she could feel a tingle around her chest, on the left side specifically. A new sensation that she wasn't very wary of but accepted it. With her hands behind her back, she timidly got close to Hikoru, her cheeks being red as she had an embarrassed expression. Being sincerely complimented like that threw her off a bit... as she was a bit at a lost of words. 
"I...I..... didn't expect that.." she finally muttered, trying to hide her expression under her front bangs. "Hikoru.. I thank you for your honest words." she replied, unsure of what she felt wanted to say would be delivered to him but nonetheless she continued: "I... I really enjoyed today. It's been so fun in like... forever." she tried to keep the sentences short anc concise in order to not confuse herself or Hikoru. "But...." she hesitated, in movies 'but' wasn't a desired word when in a situation like this. But she wouldn't change herself, being straightforward and sincere was a virtue that brought happiness and not so happy takes as well and that wouldn't mean she would deny who she was now.

"Hikoru..." she said with resolve and directed her silver eyes towards his. "I can't return these feelings 100%, I do feel something for you. When we first meet it was something similar to having an impulse to protect, later I came to enjoy fighting alongside you against that snow beast... and so on until today, which has been one of the most fun I had... if not ever." She showed a slightly sadden expression next: "But what I feel, I can't call it love for sure... attachment yes, I want to spend more time with you and your presence improves my mood. But not having experienced true love before... I'm not sure I can return your feeling fully." She didn't want to stop there, her heart told her to continue and so she did: "And I am willing to start a relationship with you and hope that it may evolve into true love someday, if you'd accept somebody as me that is." and with that.. she lowered her face again, hiding her expression behind her golden bangs. She'd said what she had to say in reply to his confession... when she was younger it seemed easier with her female classmates, when they were or would confess a simple "yes!" would be enough. Now, as she passed that age, that single word felt insufficient.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Hikoru nodded and listened intently to the words of the blonde headed player. Words can mean everything, but he seemed to baffle her more than anything. He listened and stood for a moment, unsure of what to do. The words hurt, but he knew she meant them in a good way. he acted calm, and calculated the information before he did or said anything else. He knew she liked him, and he was glad. But she wasn't sure whether or not she would give everything. He breathed and gave her a small smile and a nod

"I understand... Here, let's get back to your shop, it's kinda cold here..." He said with a laugh. He turned them around for a moment and soon started walking back. As they started to walk, he noticed that it had started to snow. He smiled and soon blushed as he felt Ariel wrap her hand in his. He smiled and held it back, holding onto her hand closely and holding her close. He was starting to get used to the cold a bit, but it was either that or he was too cold and getting frostbite. He soon saw her shop on the horizon and frowned a bit He didn't want it to end, but he knew it was getting late, and he needed to rest for his Quest day tomorrow. They approached the door, turning to face each other

"Well, I suppose it's been a good night..." He said with a small smile. He leaned in and gave her a small hug, then pulled away. He knew he may regret this, but he did it anyways. He pulled her in and kissed her lips lightly, then pulled away with a large blush on his face "G-Good night!" And with that he ran away back into town, breathing deeply and feeling like he looked as if he was a jerk, but at the moment, he wouldn't know.

Thread Complete

1 SP and 600 Col for Ariel and Hik

Edited by Hikoru