[PP-F13] The Berserker VS The Corrupted (Ssendom, Shizuka, Zelrius)

Hikoru gulped as he had appeared on the 13th floor. He had heard about a party that was fighting on the newest quest, and he hopped on the chance to do it. But he was still scared, frightened even. He didn't know what to expect, because this was the highest floor, and he wasn't ready for it. He gulped and made his way to the meeting point, which was the main square of the base town. He was told only the names of the people that he was to meet, which were only two, so they had to be tough. He sighed and hoped they wouldn't think lightly of him, and that he would be able to live through this endeavor.

"I can only hope for the best..." He thought to himself as he sat down in a nearby bench, hoping to see them soon, because he was already on edge and it was difficult to sit still. He sighed and breathed in, trying to calm his racing heart. He wanted to do this, and he wanted to get it done quick.

Edited by Hikoru
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssendom walked into the middle of Angel's Point, he had a completely blank face as he had initially thought about soloing it. But a few people had made mention that they needed assistance with defeating the Angel Tagas. Ssendom had already done his research getting the information from brokers who watched others do the quest battle, he had ninety nine percent of the battle already won with the knowledge alone, the rest was just a formality regardless of the strength of the other two. He grabbed his Healing Fog potion as he looked at it, "I will prevent as many people seeing this as possible, it needs to be my Ace in the Hole." He looked up seeing a man who looked oddly familiar having difficulty sitting still. Dom put away his potion before it could be noticed, then approached the man, "Ah, it's Hikoru. The Drunk." He stated outloud and blunt, then shook his head and reached his hand out to shake it.

This time instead of wearing his formal Kimono, he was clad in his full ebony armor that was intimidating by itself. He wore a Hydra's Skull and a massive Curved Greatsword rested on his back, his shoulderpads were in the shape of Dragon's Heads and were completely made out of colorful stained glass, the last thing to note was that he was wearing the Formal Commandant's Pendant. He brought down his inventory and broke one of his bloodrage potions upon his weapon after withdrawing it coating it in a surreal crimson red as if it were blood itself, "I guess you're one of the few that is assisting me in bringing down the Angel known as Tagas." He blinked, "And I intend to let him gain his full Corruption." He stated in a serious tone.

Spoiler

Stats:

DMG: 10 + 3 (5 Rank, 1 Base, 1 Athletics, 3 Enhance, 3 Crystal)
ACC: 2 ( 2 Pendant)
EVA: 2 (2 Pendant)
HP: 181 (141 Lvl, 40 Pads)
Prosperity: 7 (7 Pads)
ENG: 36
BLD: 1 (2 DMG for 2 Turns on a 9-10)
MIT: 25

Skills:

Night Vision: No Disability from Darkness
Concentration: +1 BD on an Attack, 5 turn CD
Amethyst Heal: +15 HP post action, 10 turn CD
Survival: +6 Out of Combat HP regen, Floor damage effects do not apply.
Berserker: 1/5th of Effective Damage Dealt Healed

At Ready:

Healing Fog: 50% Max Life Heal post action, once per thread CD
3x Succulent Whole Veil (+6 Energy post action)
Banner of Superior Support: +30 HP to 4 Players post action, 10 turn CD

Shizuka had considered doing this quest for quite a long time now. However, she knew that the quest would be dangerous if she wasn't to complete it with other guild members. However, she hadn't decided whether it was a great choice for her to even attempt the quest as she knew that the risks were incredibly high. If the quest boss was powerful, he could probably deal incredible damage to someone who doesn't have mitigation such as Shizuka herself. Still, she had noticed that mods had recently come out and if she was to complete this quest, she would be a big step closer to that Support mod and indeed, she would like it very much if she could defeat this quest. Her sources of quests have grown to be quite small now that she has completed most of them. With a sigh, Shizuka decided that she would go ahead and do it as the new mod was quite tempting to a support like herself no matter how expensive it was.

So, here stood Shizuka, looking at the many different buildings that was spread out in front of her. Yes, this quest was going to be hard even with a fellow guild member as the Taga was an impressive boss that had AoE skills and of course, Shizuka had absolutely no mitigation. Still, she knew that she would have to complete it nevertheless. And here she stood, upon a rare patch of yellow and green grass as she looked around to hopefully see someone... anyone strong and familiar enough for her to join on this quest. That was when she decided to look at her friends list and she was glad she did so because according to it, Ssendom was actually quite close by. With a smile, Shizuka walked over to the direction that the player tracker had led her to. However, Shizuka did not recognize the man, mainly because his face was concealed entirely by a black hydra-like helmet. Still, Shizuka decided to walk over and whisper a "Dom?". Also, she made note that he was currently talking with another player that she did not know, but he seemed familiar. Oh, he was at Tristan's wedding and party. Shizuka realized.

(I feel like this Taga would like one shot us...)

Edited by Shizuka

Hikoru heard his name, then he looked to see the young man he had met the nights before at his old Guild mate Flints wedding after party. He blushed and stood up, acknowledging the nickname and shook the mans hand. now in his armor, the player known as Ssendom looked ferocious, the multiple dragon heads on the shoulders seemed to glow, almost with a red aura around him. He nodded as he heard another voice come to him. He looked to see a girl, who seemed to be apart of this party as well. He turned and did a polite wave, as she seemed to already know the other player.

Ssendom said something about letting the beast, or whatever it was, go full corrupt. He shrugged his shoulder, nodding silently. He wasn't going to talk much, as he really didn't have anything to say at the moment. He just knew that this was going to be the hardest quest he had ever taken, and it could even cost him his life. He sighed and moved forward, nodding, equipping his armor and new Dagger, making sure he was all ready for his next quest

Spoiler

Stats:

Attack: 5
Accuracy: 1 (2 With Ability)
Evasion: 3
Mitgation: 18
Savvy: 1
Light Momentum: 1
LD: +3

Weapon:

Dementia (+2 Damage) (+1 Accuracy)

Armor:

Falcon (+1 Light Momentum) (+1 Damage Mitgation) (+1 Evasion)

Quick-Feet (+2 Evasion) (+1 Savvy)

Skills:

Rank 2 Dagger (+2 Damage)

Rank 2 Light Armor (15 Mitgation)

Rank 1 Search (+1 LD)

Concentration (+1 Accracy) (Cool-down for 5 Turns)

Others:

Lucky Ring (+2 LD)

Edited by Hikoru

Ssendom didn't flinch or even react to when Shizuka had arrived, it was till Hikoru waved at her did Dom look. "Oh sorry about that Shizuka, I am just ready to destroy this Corrupted Angel." He told the woman. Dom then turned to Hikoru, "Hikoru, this is Shizuka. One of the Supports of Azure Brigade. Shizuka, Hikoru a man I met at Tristan's after party." He chuckled a very light bit when said it. He flicked his finger opening his inventory, using his Bloodrage Potion then brought his thoughts to them. "Do either of you have an Energy Regeneration item that I could utilize in this fight in the stead I run on empty at some point?" He asked of them while prepping his items for the battle that was about to occur.

Zelrius waltzed his way through the thirteenth floor. His intention was to solo the The Falling of the Tagas quest by himself and call it a day. That was, until he wandered about and Saw Ssendom and Shizuka not too far off from his initial line of travels. He walked over, and hearing Ssendom speak, Zelrius lit up a bit. He had gathered from his little speech that this little party was off to fight the Tagas as well. Then they droned on about some other things the golden haired Commandant had no interest in. He merely spoke up "Mind if I tag along? It'd be a nice change not to have to wander the floors aimlessly alone again."

Shizuka felt rather awkward as Dom seemed to not have heard her. Perhaps it was because he was doing some sort of skill that involved the likes of things that made him not concentrate to his environment. However, she minded not as she could just patiently wait there for the man to turn around and notice that she was indeed waiting for him to notice. Soon enough, the warrior did indeed notice and with an apologetic tone, he introduced her to the other man that she had seen at the party. She found out the person was named Hikoru and well, he was rather young. Or at least he looked to be... Perhaps the same age as she. However, that mattered not. These details were unimportant. It was the quest that mattered the most. With a smile, Shizuka nodded at the boy who had given her a wave before saying, "Shizuka here. Nice to meet you Hikoru." Shizuka said. "Yeah. I hope you don't mind me joining... I am currently in need of the skill point and this quest was probably the only one that provides me with the opportunity of being able to obtain additional skill points." She was sure the man didn't mind as well, the more the merrier and Ssendom was strong enough to protect the weaker her. Of course, someone even stronger soon arrived.

Shizuka did not greet Zelrius. Indeed, she was not certain of how he thought of her. The man had always been a mystery to her and ever since she had found out that he had intentionally bought an adorable girl a loose, exposed clothing, she had come to dislike the man and his ways. Still, she was sure the feeling was from both sides and no matter how hard she tried to please him, it never seemed to work. Nevertheless, she would definitely not mind having the boy join them on their quest to kill the Taga as she had heard that it was a rather hard quest.

Hikoru saw another player join their group as Ssendom asked about utilizing potions. He gave a head shake to Ssendom, not having anything. He turned to the pink haired girl, who's name was Shizuka. He bowed as politely as he could, making sure to keep his head down.

"Pleasure to make your aquaitance." He said in his bow. He stood back up and smiled "Name's Hikoru, pleasure to meet you!" He said. The pink-haired player said something like an apology, but he just waved it off "Look, it's fine, I'm here for the same thing." He said with a laugh. Suddenly, a golden-haired player appeared next to them, asking to join the party. He seemed to know the other two players. He just nodded towards him, not knowing who he was, or anything about him. He felt that 4 players would be a crowd, but he knew a bigger crowd would probably be safer in this quest than only a few players. He smiled and played with his dagger, unable to think of anything else to say.

Ssendom thought Hikoru's introduction was a little over the top, but it really didn't matter. The two were acquainted now, all they needed to do was go and destroy Tagas after he sank into full corruption. He was rather bummed that neither seemed to have any energy regeneration items which bummed him out a little bit, but his worries over his energy were immediately quelled as Zelrius walked up to the party. He laughed for a second when Zelrius asked to join, "I feel you, been traversing a lot of floors on the lonesome. Yeah, I'll tell you the battle strategy for tagas. I'll clear the first two mobs, just let him sink into insanity, then destroy him immediately thereafter? If you don't mind letting an angel lose his Divinity, then follow along." His face turned rather serious when talking about damning the angel, but he didn't exactly care. He was after the prize of an intense fight even though Zelrius caused it to go from challenging to a cake walk.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, it seems like the event had begun and Shizuka was quite excited for this quest. This was one of those newer quests that are quite challenging as the opponent minions did have certain AOE attacks that can damage people like herself with no damage greatly. Indeed, if she was hit by an attack, it was more than likely that the attack would cut her health down by quite a bit and maybe she would go down in less than three hits. Of course, she hoped not but her health and her lack of mitigation might be her downfall one day. Still, she had packed a few safeguards so it should be absolutely fine. Plus, this quest would do well with her gain of items and her amount of skill points that were stored for skill investment. "Shall we set off now?" Shizuka asked, excited to set way and finish off the quest so she can return home for some crafting afterwards... That is, if she returns safely.

(If Hikoru and Zel still wish to participate. I'll give them 24 hours to post on this again.)

Ssendom looked over at Shizuka who was asking if they could go ahead and set off. He nodded towards her, "Yeah, lets go ahead and set off. We're not going to find the church he resides in by just sitting around town doing nothing. Let's go murder us an Angel." He said in a eerily evil voice, He then continued forward out of the town grabbing a Beer-Blasted Steak Kabob and one of his Blood rage crystal. He smashed the crystal onto the kabob causing it to glow red, then he devoured it as quickly as possible giving him enhanced strength, "Keep your eyes open for the Church, it could take awhile to find the place." He informed his group during their stroll in the outskirts of town and the wilderness of the deadlands.

Changed Stats:
DMG 10 -> 16
EVA 2 -> -1

Hikoru nodded and followed suite, keeping his eyes peeled to see if he could find the church amidst the area that he was now in. He wasn't entirely sure how this fight would go down, but he knew that there was a chance that he could survive this, with three higher leveled players. But if there was one wrong move, he could die in two or three shots, so he hoped that these were high-hate players, and they would watch his back. He breathed in deeply and followed silently, keeping to his own thoughts as he made sure to keep looking for the church

Shizuka smiled. They were to set off on this quest and she had to admit... This quest was definitely the hardest that she had taken so far. First, she didn't know of Ssendom's power and second, the minions did have AoE attacks and she had no mitigation. Plus, the search for the quest location was going to take her nerves away from her. Shizuka sighed and clutched her teeth and hands at the same time, preparing to anticipate for a hard day of quest taking. I must remain safe... I shall use a safeguard when we fine the location and probably even provide Hikoru with one as well. Shizuka thought with a sigh and walked on. "Let's go then... Hope this won't take too long and too much off of me." Shizuka said.

(Zel will help during the boss fight. I conversed with him already.)

Ssendom looked at the two that were following after having a small exchange of words with the Blonde Haired Juggernaut who would accompany them when they reached the fight. The Berserkers job from here was to protect and cover the two lower leveled players that were accompanying him in this search for the church, "This shouldn't take too long, Zelrius is going to split up to search for the church. Even though he can cleave through monsters quickly, his energy reserves deplete quickly so it's better I watch over you to." He informed them as they continued walking keeping his eyes peeled for monsters or the Church itself.

ID: 43671
LD: 10 (Not Located Yet)

Hikoru searched the grounds silently, seeing if anything or any sign could be discovered of the church. He hoped that his ring and his skills could help him in this perdicament, but he could only hope for the best. As he looked, he didn't find anything that would be of any hints to the chapel, and he looked to see that no one was having any more luck than him. He sighed and continued forward, hoping to find something that could tell him where to look

ID: 44224

LD: 12+3= 15 (Nothing Found)

Edited by Hikoru

Indeed, she had heard that this chapel was a burden to find. Indeed, she wanted no such burden but it might have to be that this would take quite a while for the party to find. However, she was determined to make this work and she wanted that extra skill point which would surely help the three players on their journey to the end of Sword Art Online. Skill points... Shizuka thought, walking away from the other two in order to find this chapel which the quest would be fought at. Hopefully, this doesn't take as long as I expect it to.

ID: 44260
LD: 12+3=15

Shizuka had been searching for this chapel. However, she was also keeping her eyes out for any materials that she might be able to use. However, she had realized that the land was bare and there really wasn't much that could be done for her to be able to find any materials that could be worthy for her cause.

Edited by Shizuka

Ssendom placed his hand behind his head, he thought since he was in a group of people that there would be far more conversation going on. But alas there wasn't, and it didn't even bug him in the least either. He was used to walking about alone, quietly throughout the deadlands since the Berserker happened to farm more on this floor than any other. He noticed a building which he thought to be the chapel, but it turned out to be a destroyed grand gravestone in the shape of man sitting on a throne, though the man was crumpled, the definition of his arms and legs were very apparent.

ID: 44314
LD: 17 (No Chapel)

Hikoru continued to look around the area around him, hoping to find the chapel for him and the others. He had already known that it would be difficult to find it, but he knew that they would find it eventually, he had to just be patient and hope he could find it. He searched high and low, even climbing a hill in hopes to get a better look, but to no prevail. He sighed and looked back at the others.

"Any luck?" He asked, hoping to see if they had found any sort of trace of the Chapel of any clues that could lead them to it

ID: 44421

LD: 7+3= 10

Edited by Hikoru

"Nothing yet!" Shizuka said, looking around. She hadn't anticipated such a chapel to be a hard thing to find. It is a building after all and one would think that it would be quite easy. However, they must continue to search and she can't actually hack the game no matter how much she wanted to. Indeed, she would have to endure this... Not that she had any hacking skills. Shizuka sighed, switched to a new location to look once more, hoping that she would be able to catch a glimpse of some massive building in the middle of nowhere.

ID: 44449
LD: 16 + 2= 18 (So close ;-;) 

Shizuka's eyes lit up as she saw something in the distance. Indeed, she should be able to find something that could be good for her and maybe it was the chapel. However, her head fell when she realized that it was nothing and when she turned, she somehow managed to trip on a nearby rock and fall upon the ground. Argh... Shizuka thought, annoyed that that had happened before standing up and patting off some dust off her.

Edited by Shizuka

Ssendom kept Scanning the fields in the hunt for the building, but as he turned a corner around a crypt three skeletons were staring him directly in the face, "Well hi there little critters." He mocked them and laughed. The skeletons each raised one arm, which Ssendom then slammed his sword into then through each of the skeletons causing them to shatter and explode into data fragments. He turned to look at the other two, "False alarm, just a couple of boogies that gave me some good money." He laughed

ID: 44498 | LD: 4 (3 skeletons spawn)
ID: 44499 | LD: 3 + 2 = 5 + 1 Concentration = 6 Hit | LD: 19

x3 Powerful Skeleton 154 HP 38 MIT (192 - 38 = 154) [DEAD]

Loot: 5544 Col | 6 Mats