[PP:F10] Step into the Darkness (Wail of the Banshee) - Ariel & Teayre

The darkness of floor ten, the constant companion of night. It sent a shiver down the red head’s spine it always did when she came to this floor. After Lowenthal had bailed on yet another quest with her, she had finally returned here. “I’m falling behind him, I can’t risk that anymore…” Checking her equipment Teayre makes sure the Muramasa is secured at her hip as well as the Hidden Stone along with her Slither of Silver. Gently she stroked the snake pendant at her neck as her eyes squinted in the darkness. Opening her menu she sends a quick message to Ariel asking the blonde if she was up for trying the quest again.

Edited by Teayre

As soon as she receives the message, the blonde goes outside her shop towards the nearest teleport gate located in Snowfrost Village. Just before she elaves she casts one gaze towards Kimba's side and sees that she's ignored. With a sigh she leaves the shop to meet her sister, a smile covering her face at the thought. Setting her sight on the familiar redhead figure, the blonde waves at her as she reaches her position. "Got your message. Couldn't expect much from Lowe since he first bailed on me... let cross this thing off our quest list!" she said to Teayre after giving her a bear hug.

Smiling as Ariel replied, Teayre paced anxiously on the outskirts of Yomi. Wrapping her arms tightly around her as she was enveloped in a bear hug. “A-chan.” Resting her head on the bigger girl’s chest a few tears roll down her cheek. “Did I ever… Did I tell you why I became a pker? I can’t remember…” Squeezing tightly little red doesn’t let go. “S-sorry sis… I’m just scared, I don’t know what’s going to happen now… Not after…” Swallowing hard she lets go of Ariel wiping her eyes on the back of her coat. “Let’s make a move shall we?” Snivelling still Teayre is about to turn when an old lady comes up to the pair of them asking them to defeat her husband’s killer. The red head nods and grabs Ariel by the hand pulling the blonde along with her towards Tartarus.

"As long as you didn't do it out of some twisted personal pleasure, i don't need to know why." replied the blonde as she showed a gentle smile."No need to be scared, we're family now! You, me, Cal, Hikoru and Azide. We have to watch each other's backs. Even if the last two went off the grid for some reason, I'm sure they and we will be fine. Have a little more trust in us, will ya?" she said, trying to word her feelings. She wouldn't ask T about her past, she would open herself is she felt like it... from what she could tell, Teayre needed some form of emotional security... a anchor and the blonde was bent on providing it.

The old lady from before appeared once again and delivered her sad story. Despite knowing it was just a fabricated one, Ariel couldn't help but be empathic to her feelings. "Let's do it!"replied the blonde while squeezing T's hand. With her free one, she scrolled through her inventory and equipped her 'Guardian Cloak' knowing that it will bring good luck in their search. The cloak was gray of color with 'The Guardians Of Aincrad' logo on the back but after they disbanded, the blonde sewed a black over the bluebird wings logo. As if finally letting go of her guild but not their creed.

ID# 43118  LD: 6 (4+2)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

As she was being pulled along by Ariel, Teayre keeps her eyes open, they had entered the dark dungeon known as Tartarus. The passageways flew by as they looked left and right, after an hour or so of searching the red head stopped. “Ariel, I killed my own father.” The words came out of her mouth like lightening quick and fast and were gone in a flash. A screech came from the door to her right that they hadn’t opened yet. “Cal was there with me, I… I couldn’t help it. It was on our wedding day.” Tears had began to roll down her cheeks again, the redhead kicks the door in frustration and it swings open. Inside four Zombies could be see their groans echoing in the abandoned hall way, behind them the mist like dress of the banshee skirted the floor. Its screams hollow and empty, lacking any kind of emotion within them.

ID: 43120 LD: 18 (16 + 2 LD)

Edited by Teayre

She honestly didn't expect those words to come out of the redhead's mouth. It seemed like she still had much to learn about Teayre. She was dumbstruck for a second as the idea of patricide was a inconceivable thing in her mind. She wanted to ask more details but luckily, they managed to find the banshee room quickly. Not sure how to reply the blonde said: "Let's finish these guys and talk about it on our way back k T-chan?" her voice showing conviction above all, if she'd let it falter it might've been interpreted in the wrong way. She unsheathed her black 'new' rapier that she got from the event quest, that pretty much looked like the old one and activated her charge skill. She went directly for the big shot, passing right between the Guardians. She struck the Banshee with 13 consecutive hits and then turned around. "Okay T finish them!"

ID# 43123  BD: 7 (Fallen damage added) Sword Art:  (13)Over Radiation - 13x*(7+4+5)

Ariel: 169/169 HP
Teayre: 153/153 HP

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP
<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP

<Banshee> 42/250HP (-208)

Spoiler

<Undead Guardian Zombies> is a Field Mini Boss and has the following statistics:
Health: 40 HP
Damage per Attack: 30

+15 Damage Mitigation

<Banshee> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
Health: 250 HP
+2 Evasion

Damage per Attack: 60
Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
-Banshee's Screech: On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn.

Her blonde haired friend spoke, the brief pause before she spoke caused the red head to grit her teeth. “Guess this is it…” Teayre’s breathing began to speed up as the zombies filed out of the room. Tears started to form at the bottom of her eyes slowly beginning to take on a shade of crimson as they refracted the light from her eyes. Sinking to her knees as the undead minions gathered around and began clawing at her she could only look at Ariel shooting off in front of her, the banshee striking the blonde with a gleeful, bloodthirsty smile. As the crooked hand made contact with Ariel she was sent flying into the wall. Unable to move Teayre screamed out in pain as the zombies started to bite her. "She's going to leave..."

ID: 43124 BD: 1 (GDI) MD: 9 (Nat)

Ariel: 108/169 HP 61 Damage (Bypasses MIT)
Teayre: 129/153 HP (30 + 1 – 25MIT) = 6 *4 = 24 DMG

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP

<Banshee> 42/250HP

Edited by Teayre

Right in the middle of the mobs, the blonde clicked her tongue as she saw that the boss was still standing as she finished executing her most powerful sword art. She wanted to finish this thing quick and get the full story from T... but when she took a glance at her little sister she was shocked to see that she started crying... Next came the merciless riposte of the Banshee that send her flying into the nearby wall, smashing against it like a fly squashed by a swatter.... "T-chan..." she muttered, the pain in her voice produced not by the hit but by the the view. She felt her heart tighten as he precious family was crying. Pulling out strength from some deep place inside her, the blonde manages to detach herself from the wall and slam full force into the ones assaulting Teayre, knocking them back without dealing any damage. She enveloped her in an embrace saying. "It's OK, big sis is here for you!" in a warm tone.

ID# 43128  BD: 5 (3+4-3) (LM activated)

Ariel: 108/169 HP 
Teayre: 129/153 HP 

<Banshee> 42/250HP

As the mobs around her were knocked aside the tears started to roll down her cheeks, the next thing Teayre knew was Ariel embracing her. Turning her head to one side the crimson girl was unable to look at her sister’s face. Pushing herself out of the embrace after a moment she moves with blinding speed her weapon glowing blue as she performs two half-moons around Ariel the blade cutting through each zombie as if it was a hot knife in butter. Clicking the weapon back into her hilt she looks up to see the banshee slowly floating towards them. Raising an eyebrow as she met its eyes Teayre sighs. “Shouldn’t be surprised really…” muttering under her breath. Teayre begins to duck and weave as the banshee assaults her unleashing an attack. The crimson maiden carefully dodged each blow by moving no more than a centimetre away from the strike her eyes seemed to light up at the imminent thread.

ID: 43129 BD: 7 (8 + 2 ACC – 1 Darkness) CD: 5 MD: 4 (5 – 1 Darkness)

Ariel: 108/169 HP Energy: 37/41
Teayre: 129/153 HP Energy: 24/37 (12 Used, 1 Regen)

<Undead Guardian Zombies> -23/40 HP (13 * 6 – 15) = 63 DMG
<Undead Guardian Zombies> -23/40 HP (AOE)

<Banshee> 42/250HP

Edited by Teayre

Seeing her reaction, the blonde couldn't understand what had gotten into her. Gritting her teeth as she was pushed away, she tightened the grip on her rapier and after Teayre had finished the guards, she launched herself at the Banshee, releasing all her frustration in form of a cross pattern of strikes. Ignoring the 'Completed Quest!' sign she turned towards Teayre. She'd seen how she almost sough to be hit earlier, throwing herself in front of the Banshee's attacks just to evade them at the last moment. "What's wrong?" she asked in a concerned tone as she started drawing closer to the redhead.

ID# 43135  BD: 9 (nat) LD: 8

Ariel: 108/169 HP Energy: 32/41 Sword Art:  (6) Crucifixion - 6x1*(7+1)
Teayre: 129/153 HP Energy: 24/37 

<Undead Guardian Zombies> -23/40 HP (13 * 6 – 15) = 63 DMG
<Undead Guardian Zombies> -23/40 HP (AOE)

<Banshee> -6/250HP (-48)

Turning to look at Ariel Teayre steps forwards, stumbling she falls to her knees again. “I…” The muramasa clatters to the ground next to the red head. The tears that had just vanished returning again. “I thought I was going to lose you… When you stumbled… I…” Gulping the red head wipes her face turning her head, her hair cascading over one side of it. “I killed him without a second thought… He turned up in front of me and Cal, before Cal could even stop me my blade had cut through him. Instantly killing him…” The tears came down even faster now, not able to hold them in. Leaning against the wall behind her she dismisses the quest notification as several howls echo up the passageway. “It’s not like he… It’s not like he didn’t deserve it. Ari… He did I swear.”

Edited by Teayre

The blonde stopped on her tracks just a step away from Teayre. She wanted to brush off the whole deal but knew that simply adding a half-assed reply like 'if he deserved it' or 'it's all in the past' wouldn't cut it. Still she had no idea what to say so she kept silent for a few seconds, deciding to speak her heart as she stepped closer and put her hand on her shoulder. She really wanted to hug her but was afraid that her words would reach if she did so, instead she looked her in the eyes: "I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through, seeing as my father mean the world to me as family. Neither am I in any position to judge you for why you've done it... All can I do is to accept all that you've shared with me and keep thinking of you as my sister. I know it isn't much but it's all I can do" 

Flinging herself into Ariel’s arms Teayre wraps her own around the blonde’s waist. “Ari…” Sobbing away the red head couldn’t stop. Gently pushing herself away she takes a deep breath. “I’d better… I’d better tell you the whole story Ariel.” Closing her eyes for a moment she opens them again taking the Muramasa up and gripping the hilt tight enough to cause her knuckles to turn white in the darkness.

“My mother I never knew, she died when I was very young. Probably at the hands of my father but I can’t be certain. I had one sister, a younger sister. I love… Loved her more than anything. He always made our lives hell, not letting the pair of us have any privacy. He wasn’t the… the best of fathers. Any mistake and he would hit us and…” Shivering she pressed herself back into her sister for a tighter embrace. Whispering in her ear she relates the rest of the story, “This continued for several years until he really lost it and killed her… He killed Liss…” Pressing her face into Ariel’s shoulder Teayre quietly sobs more. "It's why it means so much to me... When you say you're my sister."

The blonde couldn't help but embrace her and gently stroke her head. She listened to her story and if until now she had been holding her tears in, this last story was the last drop. In no time the blonde found streams of tears flowing on her hot cheeks. "Look what you did to me baka." this was a side of her that she rarely showed in real life, never in this game..well until now that is. It took a while for her to calm herself to the point of being able of replying without sobbing too much. She could feel her heart tightening with every new detail of her background. "This is just how I feel. I know I'm being selfish but even after hearing hearing this, I'll still continue to call you sister. You'll just have to find a way to deal with it." she said, not sure of how to reply... 'Pathetic, in the end I turned to my selfishness as a means to respond to her feelings.' thought the blonde with a sour smile.

The gently hand that parted her hair slightly caused the red head to cry even harder. “S-sorry…” Pressing her face tighter to Ariel Teayre finds her hands squeezing even more, shaking she nods her head as Ariel talks. After several minutes of the sound of sobbing she gently pushes away slightly, using the back of her sleeve she smiles before taking Ariel’s hands. The pair sat there in the middle of a corridor within the depths of Tartarus, as her sobs died away an eerier shiver shot up Teayre’s back. Standing abruptly her eyes squint in the darkness, unable to make out anything she sinks to her knees again. “It’s not… It’s not selfish A-chan.” Her left palm was pressing into the floor as her fingers clawed at it, “Thank… Thank you…” the red head chokes as droplets begin to fall yet again.

• 2 months later...

Seeing as the redhead calmed herself, the blonde did the same. Despite holding it on a check on her everyday routine, she was quite empathic... letting people's emotions get the better of her as she made them her own. But new, at the side of her sister she could stop resisting that part and let the few tear drops that were on Teayre's cheeks mirror on her own. "We'll look like a mess once we get outside, if we continue like this. " said the blonde as she tried to use her hand to wipe her tears. Luckily she wasn't one to use make-up, her or IRL as neither Teayre seemed to. Not being seen as selfish was more than satisfying, she had the urge to hug the girl tight and never let go of her. "Cal is a lucky guy." she muttered with a smile. ".. but he better be careful how he treats you or I might steal you away for being so damn cute." said the blonde with a giggle.

Her hand suddenly clenched and broke through part of the floor. A low groan could be heard coming from nearby in the corridor. Turning her head slowly she looked up and then back at her sister. “I’m really not that cute… Besides, I wouldn’t complain if you steal me now and again. There’s always that hot springs on floor four.” Giving a soft whimsical smile towards Ariel, Teayre felt a small giggle come out of her own throat. “You sure it’s okay Ariel? Despite having blood on my hands. DESPITE TAKING A LIFE.” Teayre was suddenly yelling, droplets formed again and began flowing much more freely. A small puddle would of formed on the floor if the tears didn’t burst into shards as they touched it. “I TOOK A LIFE. I KILLED HIM… I killed him…” Sitting up Teayre brought her knees to her chest as she rested her back against the wall, her face burying into the crook created by her knees.

Edited by Teayre

The blonde let out a sigh of relief as she thought that the girl had finally calmed down and even replied to her half-serious joke... but that too, appeared to me premature as Teayre once again started yelling and crying. She clenched her teeth tight and then her hand into a fight, with a tear in her eye she steeled her heart in order for her to speak the following words. She hung her head, hiding her facial expression underneath her golden bangs as she bit her lower lip so hard that it started bleeding: "Enough!" she shouted... almost roared and continued: "I told you that it doesn't matter now. I understand that you did what you had to do. I know you didn't do it because of some perverted inner pleasure in killing others. You keep crying and beating yourself over the fact that you killed someone. I can't bear to watch you like this anymore. Are you expecting someone to come and punish you for your so called sins?" she didn't knew where these words came from but she let them lose nonetheless, on her face creeping a small, ominous grin.

"In that case, I'll become your torturer, judge, executioner, master... whatever you wanna to call it. I'll chain you up, make you mine and I'll punish you until you can forgive yourself. If that's what you truly desire, I don't mind doing all those thing for you if that is what would take for you to stop feeling sorry for yourself." said the blonde, letting but only a tear and blood from her lips reach the floor, and tint into crimson the puddle of tears before the fire girl. From deep inside, she let lose her sadistic and narcissistic self. She reached out with kindness and sisterly love but those did all but little, now she'd take Teayre for herself and punish her with the sadistic intent. The same intent she released only towards NPC mobs to keep it under control. Now it was all up to Teayre to decide as the blonde offered all she could.

“Stop me… Stop me feeling sorry for myself?” Teayre gave a short barking laugh amidst the tears. “You’ve got in wrong Ariel… I’m not feeling sorry for myself. I just regret that I couldn’t make him suffer.” She looked up into the eyes of Ariel, her own red eyes seem faded almost dim. “I killed him, but that was too good for him. After what he did to me…” The small girl shivers, “After what he did, he deserves to be put through so much more torture.” A cackle comes from her lips, “I’m annoyed I couldn’t make him feel the slightest bit of the pain.”

Slowly getting to her feet, “Don’t get me wrong. Yes I am upset that I killed my own father, after despite what he… He was still my father.” She chimes out through broken tears before looking at Ariel she holds her hand out to the blonde. “I’m asking for a shoulder to cry on when I need it A-chan, and my sister to slap me back to my senses when I need it as well. One thing I can’t stand in this world are sick manipulating individuals.” Little red smiles at her friend, her sister. “I don’t know how long I’m going to be an orange player for. I won’t kill again unless it’s for good reason, or to teach some scumbag treating you like dirt. Maybe I'll become Aincrad's little guardian PKer.” A small laugh comes from Teayre's belly at her own little twisted joke.

Edited by Teayre
  • 1 month later...

Seeing the girl laugh brought a bit of relief to Ariel despite not being sure if she was laughed at or with. Then listens to the rest of the explication. All this time she thought that the girl was.. well at least she had it clear now. She let out a long sigh of relief at Teayre little sadistic desire regarding her father. Then hearing her request the blonde nodded and shook her hand before pulling her in yet another embrace and whispered at the ear. "Of course I'll do that sis, in return I want you do the same thing for me." her tone became a bit more serious as she addressed the next matter: "This game.... is changing me T-chan... Once I uphold the creeds of the Guardians of Aincrad, swore to protect all players in Aincrad despite their cursor color, I had a noble idea that guided my actions. That was when I started taking my first steps in achieving my aspiration of becoming a front liner... Now that creed diminished, from all of Aincrad the amount of people dropped to the desire to protect only a handful of people important to me. The family I gained in-game: you, Calrex... and my closest friends like Oikawa. Even during the recent boss fights, I couldn't care about anybody else and that scares me T... I don't want to change anymore. I don't want to get any lower than this." said the blonde at the end, her voice started shaking as she tried to withhold the tears. It was a selfish request, but again that was all she could muster for now.

Biting her lower lip she let go of Teayre and went and equipped the 'Guardian Cape' that she had in her inventory. The quest may have been over but they still could go explore the other ramifications of the cave for the quest location. "Hey... what's there?" she asked as she pointed towards a large crack in the wall, as she heard howling noises coming from inside of it.

Swapped 'Lion's Aid' (+ 2 LM, +1 Savvy) for 'Guardian Cloak' (+2 LD)

ID# 57433 LD: 20 (18+2) Intermediate Dungeon Found!

(sry for turning this into a selfish post....it kind of happened.. again...)