[PP-F2] Chapter 2: Steel from the thiefs (Zandra, Calrex, Jomei)

Intro:

The small party that had defeated the wolfs that attacked farmer Jacks barns, where he had some powerful things that he need to kill a powerful field-boss on floor ten, exited the warp gate in Urbus. When they only had walked a few steps, they saw a cloaked figure that was hiding in the shadows between two houses. He had a black cloak with a hood that hid his face in shadows. He had wrapped the cloak around him so the only thing you could spot except the cloak was the bottom half of a pair of brown leather boots he weared. The group exchanged a few words and then decided to go to the man. He didnt speaked until the three travelers was right beside him.''Hi, are you friends of Jack? He said three players would come and help me. Two guys and one girl he said, is that you?'' He paused and when the black haired girl answered he was correct the man nooded.''Right then, we cant talk here.'' he looked around to ensure there was no one there.''follow me.'' he quickly opened a door and went in.''Hurry.'' The party entered the building. What they saw was a pretty small room. Only furnitures was a table with six chairs, two on each side and one at each edge of the table.''So, I guess Jack have informed you of whats needed to be done right?''

Zandra

Zandra walked out from the warp gate at floor two together with her two friends. They would be contacted her had Jack said. She looked around and it didnt took long until a claked man waved at them.''I guess thats our contact.'' Zandra said and headed to him. The man asked Zandra if they was the three players that was gonna help him.''Yes, its us.'' she said. Then they got showed into a small room since they couldnt talk in the alley, probably because there was ears everywhere. They all went inside and the man asked them if Jack had told them whats needed to be done.''No he havent, only that there is some bandits that have taken something from him. Thats all.''

As their group materialized on the second floor Calrex kept quiet as he let Zandra handle the speaking with their apparent point of contact. He swiped on his menu, confirming the elven potions he had received from the farmer NPC they encountered on the first floor, which they supposedly would need to use on the third floor. From what he could recall, the young alchemist had taken the potion needed for the fourth, while Jomei had accepted the potion they would need against the bandits.

"This is certainly different from any quest I've taken in the past. I wonder how this will turn out."

Following Zandra and the cloaked figure into the building he listened attentively to the conversation, putting his hands into his jacket pockets while looking over and nodding at Jomei, "Most likely this NPC will tell us what needs to be done, although from what I can tell from the potion Jomei's carrying it seems likely we'll need to go through at least one fight. Sounds good, it's not like the second floor has generated a foe I can't handle so far. I just hope this isn't going to turn out like the Bandit Camp quest."

Jomei followed the group to the second floor, staying almost completely silent the entire time. Where it was merely part of the quest and was inevitable to the group, the fact that the farmer had lied to them and threw them in to fight those wolves for a reason other than what he had told them ruined his mood. Jomei was a very trusting man, but once that trust was broken, then it was over. He had been lied to and hurt too many times in the real world to forgive people like that. He pulled the rim around the collar of his cloak up slightly so it covered more of his mouth.

As they approached the next contact, who stood in an alley almost completely hidden by a cloak, Jomei slightly tensed up. It may have been only on Floor Two, but after being lied to by one NPC, he felt he could not trust anyone that partnered themselves with Farmer Jack. Jomei listened carefully as the man spoke to Zandra, keeping his hand on his belt and awfully close to his rapier in case anything happened. After a short conversation, he led the group into a building where they could speak more freely. 

Bill

The man pulled back the hood and under it was a young man with short black hair and grey eyes. His skin looked almost white in the faint shine that came from the only light source in the room. Three candles on the table that was lit when they entered the room. The youngling was also very short, he even had to look up at Zandra. He wasnt very musular either, but there was no doubt his lith was a completly different level then either of the players that have entered the room. They saw one of his eyebrows raised when he herd Zandras answer.''What? He havent?'' he said when looking at the group.''Well thats just like him, I never have realy understood that man.'' she looked down on the table when he placed a map on it.''But at least he pays for my services.''he said and smirked at the others. Then his face turned serious and he looked down at the map.''Here we are now.'' he said and pointed on a tiny picture of a town with the letters 'Urbus' above it. He then slided across the map while talking.''First part is pretty easy, just head over this prarie for about a kilometer. Then you should reach a large rock formation. On the rock there grows alot of bushes. In one of them there is a bandit, watching the entrance of a cave or something. Thou you should be able to circle around and get it from the other side. But at the entrance itself is another pair of guards, Im not a very good fighter nor very brave, so after that I dont know.'' she straigthened himself into standing position again.''There somewhere, you shall find a large metal piece, with the shape of a clock and runes at the edge. Thats what you need to go get.'' she looked at the group.''Oh, so rude of me, my name is Bill, its a pleassure to meet you all.'' he said and made a quick bow.''Any questions?''

Zandra

The black haired girl listened very consentrated on the man when he started talk to tell them about their mission. She didnt realy cared about how he knew that farmer down at one. She was only interested of the map and the quest they was on. She followed his finger with her eyes to memorize the way they was gonna go, remember any useful landmarks on the way. Whole her life she had been very interested in maps. She had an almost two meter high map of J.R.R. Tolkiens middle-earth painted on one of her walls at home. When he was done Zandra nooded to show that she had understood.''Ehm... I think Ive got the all the information that I need.'' she turned to the other companions.''What about you guys?''

"Seems fairly simple..."

Listening to the NPC explain their mission and objective Calrex calmly listened as he contemplated the items they each received, as well as the upcoming events, "So it looks like this one might be a battle of numbers. Most likely Jomei's potion will come in handy with adding more to our side. Plus if its bandit NPCs it will be less likely that we will be able to effectively negotiate with them."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets the bluenette straightened his posture, glancing over at Jomei from time to time. The ginger-haired player certainly didn't seem in the best mood, most likely from their previous part of the quest and how it transpired. Giving a small sigh Calrex continued to listen until Zandra asked them their thoughts, "It sounds fairly straightforward, so no questions on my part."

Jomei watched as their small contact lowered his hood. He was even shorter than Zandra and seemed innocent and truthful enough, so Jomei lowered his defenses a bit and eased his body. The man brought the group's attention to a large map on a table in front of them. With his finger guiding the way, he explained the mission the three of them would be going on. Jomei had to admit, the whole thing sounded a bit more exciting than he had thought. Where it may have been easier for the group to walk in, gun blazing, and take out all of the bandits, I may prove to be more fun to try and infiltrate without drawing attention to themselves. Jomei simple nodded his head, "No questions here either. We find the camp. We break in. We steal whatever the hell that is. We get out." The man grinned out of excitement, "A little bit of sneaky infiltration should be fun."

Bill:

Bill smiled when he looked at the players. He liked that they seemed to understand what they was gonna do and didnt came with alot of questions.''Very well then.'' he said and just as he was gonna pull up his hood to cover his face he stopped.''Oh, I almost forgot one of the most important things.'' he walked to the corner of the room and picked up a large bag stuffed with something. She walked back to the table and folded the map together and reached it to Zandra that he thougth was the leader of the group. Then he emptied the bag on the table. Out came a bunch of clothes. Bill started to sort them into three piles.''I only have one female disguise.'' he said and handed over one of the piles to zandra.''I have to male ones. Dont worry, you still gonna have the effects from your armour under it.'' he said and pushed the clothes over to Jomei and Calrex to choose one each.''Thats all, if you excuse me but I have work to do.''he said and gave them a smile before pulling on the hood and disapear out thru the door.

Zandra:

Znadra took the pile of clothes she had been given and equipped them over her holy armour of the eagle. It consisted of a light leather jacket with extra protection on the forearms. A pair of shoulderguards and gloves. With it also came a leather pieces that she attached infront of her mouth. The leather shirt continued down about half a meter on her back and side. She also had a pair of grey leather pants and brown lether boots.''Well, Im all set to go. How about you guys?'' she said thru the mouthcover, making her voice a little deeper.

Bandit outfits(one each):

Spoiler

253px-Bandit_Scout_zpsdxz4erj7.jpg
376px-Bandit_Cutpurse_zpsbae5thjg.jpg
254px-Bandit_Thug_zpszbwcu2ke.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"Hm...I'll take this one then."

Selecting the second men's outfit the NPC had presented Calrex equipped it. It certainly fit well over his equipment as he looked to see the long sleeves tuck into similar forearm guards as Zandra's own. Clenching and opening his fist he confirmed it was comfortable to wear as he gave a calming breath, adjusting the back of the mouth guard as he looked over his teammates, "Alright, I'm about set when you guys are."

"It's a good thing I'm used to wearing full-body armor and a helmet. I can see how someone that's used to unhindered breathing might have some trouble inhaling through the mouth cover. Certainly not something to be scoffed at, heh."

Jomei took a look at the three bandit disguises. One of them was obviously for a female, so his choices were brought down to two. Calrex then chose he second of the male uniforms, so that left Jomei with only one choice of clothing. Jomei took the clothes and placed them into his inventory, then with a couple taps on the menu buttons that hovered in front of him, the bandit clothing materialized onto Jomei's body. He looked down at himself to observe whatever he could, for it seemed to fit his body pretty well.. a little short in the sleeves and pants, but that's most clothes when you are taller than average. He readjusted some of the clothing to hide the armor he wore under it, and he took off the cloak that was still draped over his shoulders. After pulling the face mask up over his mouth, and testing to see just how well he could breathe, he brought his hand up trough his bangs, pushing them over his head, just for further disguise.. of course, playing it out a little bit. Two thin strands of the ginger locks fell in front of his forehead, while the rest of his hair poked out to the backs and sides as usual. He then turned to Zandra and Calrex.

The door closed behind Bill and the three travelers equipped their disguises. She looked at the two guys and waited for them to adjust the clothes to fit well. When the masks was in place Zandra opened her menu. After a few swipes she held a potion in her hand. A big round bottle with a thick slime green liquid inside.''I waited with this for Bill to left since I dont want him to get this experience. To work undercover, you need to look, act, think and even smell like a bandit. Dosent matter how dirty you look or how well you can imitate their voices. If smell good they will se thru you immediatly. Im sorry.'' She lifted the arm and threw the bottle on the stone floor. It cracked and a green cloud appeared, like after a nuclear bomb shaped. The liquid turned into this gas immediatly when it came into contact with any surface except the bottle. Quickly the whole room got filled with this gas. The mask didnt helped long to protect against the smell. Zandra held her arm infront of the mouth and cought. The gas smelled like sweat, sour milk and rotten wood, mixed.

After a minute the gas had faded out and disapeared. They could still feel the smell, but not close to how intence it was before.''So, lets go.'' she walked out of the room. Held down the mask and took several deep breaths with her nose to get rid of as much stink as possible. The three players walked over the prarie in the direction Bill had showed them on the map.''So, how do you think we shall do? Head on or try to sneak around? We are so strong so any off us probably could fight thru them alone. I would vote for trying to infiltrate. But if you reather want to burst in we can go for that.''

As the scent filled the room Calrex's eyes widened for a second as the smell hit his nostrils, but after a few seconds he quickly became accustomed to the odor as it began to dissipate. It was certainly a smell that no one would mistake for being of a monster or bandit. With their preparations complete he gave a nod after following Zandra and Jomei, "I think our best bet, at least if we're staying in character, is to walk into the camp. Bandits, at least from what I've seen, tend to favor boisterousness over stealth, at least when it comes to being amongst their ranks."

"Still, I'm definitely getting rid of this stench when we're done. No way I'm going to go long while having this getup put together. Besides, my build isn't exactly designed for sneaking around or putting on disgui...well maybe if it weren't for having the Disguise skill."

Jomei placed his hand over the mask as the scent of Zandra's potion-bomb filled the room. He pressed firmly, trying to avoid taking any of the smell into his nostrils, "Do bandits really smell this bad?" the muffled voice said as the green gas began to slowly vent out of the room. Once the room was clear again, he took his hand off of his nose and coughed a couple of times. "How long will the smell last? Or do you have another potion that will get rid of it?" The man was not a fan of bad smells, and were pretty sensitive to them at that. He continuously tried to hold back gagging a couple of times, until used to the foul stench. "I have to agree with Calrex. When among others, bandits usually do not try to stick to sneaking. So as dangerous as it may be, walking straight in to the camp in disguise may be our best bet."

Both of her male companions thougth that they would just walk straigth into the bandit camp. After all, if they had the bandit disguises on and she had use the potion that made them smell like s***, then it would look very suspicious if they tried to sneak into the camp.''Yeah, I think your right. I would think it was more suspiocous if someone came sneaking then just walking straigth in during most occations.'' After about twenty minutes from they have left the room where they have had their talk with Bill they saw it, the bandit camp. It was so well camoflaged that they didnt spotted it until they was just a little more then a hundred meters from it.''I guess we have reached our destination.'' she said and smiled at the two travelers behind her. Thou they couldnt see it due to the mouthguard.''Are you ready to put on your acting skills?'' she moved her hands up in her hair and franatically scratched it so it turned into a real mess. She kneeled down and took a handful of dirt and smooth it in her face and on the hands. The special disguise clothes was already made to look dirty.

"Heh, I'll try my best."

Making note Zandra rubbing dirt on her face in order to dirty her appearance closer to that of a bandit Calrex gave a nod as he scooped up a handful, doing the same. His skin definitely helped to show the dirtiness of the appearance as he gave a few quick exhales to blow off any excess from his mask. To add to the effect he tried to furrow his brows slightly, so that he seemed to either appear on edge or just in an overall bad mood.

Clenching his fists at his sides he walked alongside the two as he changed his breathing pattern to be a bit more gruff, coughing a bit when he accidentally inhaled some dust, "Let's just hope we don't have to put up this act for long."

Edited by Calrex
  • 1 month later...

The three approached the bandit's settlement, getting ready to put on their best act to fool their enemies. Jomei watched as Zandra and Calrex both ruffled themselves up, spreading dirt across their faces to add to the smell that was coming from the three. Jomei, himself, had already pushed his hair back, which made it look even messier than when it was down. He decided against throwing dirt on himself, but decided instead to change up the way he spoke. Clearing his throat a couple of times and making some noises from his throat, he turned to the other two and nodded. "Yeah, lets just get in there and get this over with" he said, completely hiding his Irish accent. "I don't know how long I can hide the accent for.. this is really the first time I'll be doing something like this for a serious reason." he said with a grow-like chuckle.