[OP:F11:Taft] KoB Recruitment Gathering [Complete]

After some time away from her duties, the female had declared she was going to be busy with the reforming of the Knights of the Blood Oath, her guild. With the leave of former Vice Commander Azide, Opal had asked Commander Heathcliff for the role to be temporarily filled by her as she would do all that was necessary to fulfill her own Oath. Unfortunately, Ariel was another recruit but had quickly turned down the offer as soon as it was given to her leaving Opal alone within the guild. Sad tidings were on the horizon and while she was secretly depressed about the situation, she wanted to turn all those emotions into something positive. She honed her blade, she got stronger and prevailed through many hardships. She felt like she would make a permanent replacement for the Vice Commander spot now and with each new passing day as the sun sets and the moon rises, those days for the rebirth of the Knights of the Blood Oath were now taking its first steps into the new light.

Upon her recent journeys, the woman had come across a Rapier user by the name of Teselmar, somewhat of a bad boy with a genuine heart and Ishida, a teenager who has the fighting spirit to want to protect all that is sacred to him. Both of them had a drive and passion to help others and those were traits suitable to those of the Knights. As they quested together, Opal learned first hand what sort of people they were and the camaraderie they shared making them perfect recruits. She would not beat around the bush and asked both of them if they were interested in joining a prestigious guild. She would allow them time to think of the offer placed before them. Next on the list was a list of players she had not seen for a long time, the remaining members of the Crimson Blades. While their regimen had gone silent, she had found Grave...or more like, Grave found her wandering the very streets of Taft not too long ago. After a nice conversation, if you'd want to call it that, Opal and Grave had decided to look for the remaining members of the Blades and to see if they would find any interest in joining the KoB, the only problem with this was looking for the player named Mack. Mack was a quick rising player making a name for himself both in person and as a Blacksmith. He was also Opal's first guild leader after the death of Lindow who was the main catalyst for getting stronger as a woman and as a person. 

Opal wore here Knight of the Blood Oath armor proudly and had rented out a large tavern as a meet and greet for those who would be interested in joining under the Banner. She did not expect anyone to come, but today, she felt like it was a good day to try anyways. Opal stood with her raven hair blowing gently from the open windows of the tavern as she meandered to a booth and sat down looking out the window. It was quiet now, very quiet which gave her time to prepare for anyone interested in the Knights of the Blood Oath. The door was wide open, and messages were sent out to the people who showed interest, as well as many flyers around all the floors. 

All that there was left was the actual recruitment. 

Edited by Opal

Jevi had received a message from Opal about guild recruitment. Seemed as though she was looking for potential members to join her group, Knights of The Blood Oath. She had heard of the group before, being run by arguably one of the most powerful players in Aincrad. Whether she accepted the offer to join or not, she felt it was a huge honor to be invited to join a guild run by that player. ~"Knights of The Blood Oath.." Jevi repeated to herself as she read over Opal's message again, checking for the meeting point. For the longest time, Jevi had figured she would go solo, teaming up with players from time to time, but mostly staying to herself. She felt as though she would not get along being around others all the time. However, something in her mind changed, so she figured she might as well check it out. Opal was a close friend of hers and all, so she would feel bad to at least not show up when invited.

Being her first time on a Floor this high, Jevi wandered the streets of Taft aimlessly looking for the tavern Opal had set aside for the meeting. She felt highly under leveled, looking around at all the powerful, confident looking players. Despite trying to keep her chin up high to blend in, she could not help but feel left out. That was when she came across a tavern with the same name that Opal mentioned. Obviously, that meant it had to be the place. Pushing open the door, Jevi stepped inside. It was completely empty, except for Opal who sat at a booth at the far end of the bar. Jevi walked over to her, ~"Hey Opal."

OOC: Sorry for the brevity of the post. Hopping back into the RP here... and I need to re-remember Mack's personality.

The massive and heavy oaken door to the tavern swung open far more easily than it should have, its hinges creaking and groaning in protest as the door slammed against the wall with a resounding crash. Standing framed in the doorway surrounded by the sunlight streaming in through the door behind him was the unmistakable hulking form of the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades. Opening his inventory as he stood limned in the light flooding in through the doorway Mack pulled up his inventory and unequipped the helmet that was part of his armor, storing it in his inventory for the time being, the scarlet haired man's eyes swept around the room before settling on Opal.

"I've been away for awhile, vanquished much, seen more, and upgraded my gear," the mammoth man growled in his characteristic low tone, standing behind Jevi with his arms crossed over his chest as he regarded Opal. "Now, what's this I'm hearing about a merger between the Knights of the Blood Oath and the Crimson Blades," he asked in a rumbling though even tone as his hand flicked out behind his body to snag a tankard of ale from the tray of an NPC barmaid as she squeezed past behind him.

Macradon was closing his shop down on the first floor. His smithy shop. And was on his way towards the 11th floor. Last time he was up there, flyers and messages were sent and set everywhere in the town of Taft. These flyers were about recruitment for the guild Knights of Blood Oath and Macradon was quite interested in this guild. Last time he heard about it it was a quite dead guild, so now that it was recruiting Macradon would take a chance to see if anyone were to join, he knew he was gonna try. He took the warp from the 1st to the 11th floor for the sake of convenience and looked for that tavern that they should meet in. He would walk into the tavern still wearing his full set of armor. He would pull up the visor of his sallet to get a clearer look into the inn. In the tavern sat 1 person, Opal, and two other people seemed like they just entered. "I'm here for the recruitment for the Knights of Blood Oath." he said as he entered the tavern with the rest and opened op his inventory to take off his sallet completely. He didn't see anyone he recognized in here so he wasn't feeling too comfortable about this situation, but he would just suck it up and deal with it.

I was sitting in my merchant shop on the first floor. I was still in no condition to reopen. I still had to get my products in order and fix up the shop. I was tending to fixing the ceiling that had been fragmented. It was then that I had gotten a message. I found this strange. After the incident, I vastly cut my ties with the community of players. I've kept to myself a lot since. Nevertheless, I slid down the ladder that I was perched on and opened the message directory. The..message was from Opal. I felt as if the temperature in the room had dropped thirty degrees. It was a name that I hadn't seen in a long time. I stood in my place, debating whether to open the message or not. I eventually gathered the courage to open it and read what it had said...

"A reunion for the CB and recruitment for the KoB..." I read to myself. I was torn. I didn't know how to respond to the message. I didn't feel as if I was in a position to go back out into the field. But, I decided it was for the better to go. To at least prove that I was still alive. I grabbed my robes, equipped them and put my hood over my face. Before I made my way to floor 11, which is where the meeting was supposedly going down, I grabbed my companion, Khepri. We made our way out the door and towards the teleportation gate.

I made my way to the floor. I had never been to this floor, but I'd find the place with some wandering. After some exploration of the settlement, I was able to find it. The tavern had a banner out front of it. I took a deep breath before opening the door. As I entered, i could see that a small crowd had already gathered. I saw Opal, all equipped in her red and white armor. There were two others that I didn't notice, but there was one that I noticed instantly. 

"Mack..?" I spoke softly. I hadn't seen his face in quite a long time...     

Opal stood up to greet her old friend, Jevi. With no formalities attached, Opal swung her arms around the female in an endearing hug and spoke into her ear, "I didn't think you'd come...But I am so glad that you did!" Opal was overjoyed to see Jevi again, it had been a long time since that night she stayed with her at Master Myoga's Temple, but that was ages ago and Opal had a bit of a falling out when she 'returned' from her training. But none the less, it was good to see her again. 

Opal's eyes saw a shadow from the corner and the door booming open. Somewhat startled her honey eyes danced to the hulking figure, "Woa..." is all she could say, the last time she had seen Mack was...Well, was it at Zelrius' Birthday Party? That might have been it and that was even longer ages ago. The memories that surrounded her filled the air of nostalgia like a thick and dark beer. Her head buzzed with all those memories flashing back to her forefront before being interrupted by the bellowing of his voice. Same ol' Mack it seems, but not the same Opal. Clearing her throat, the woman gestured for Mack to take a seat at the booth. 

Honey eyes once more gazed over to a new player entering the building. She had met Macradon only once and was impressed with his skills in battle. She wondered if he would be a suitable member of the Guild, but of course the guild was not everyone's cup of tea. She raised her hand and waved to the player, "Hello there, Macradon. I'm sorry I have yet to introduce myself properly. I am Opal, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath. I haven't started anything yet, but feel free to have a drink and relax while the others come. I have some business with my friend here," she gestured towards Mack, the behemoth of a player with the flaming hair. Opal looked back over to Jevi, "Ahh, I guess I should introduce you all to one another. This is Mack, he is the GuildMaster to the Crimson Blades. Mack, this is Jevi, a dear friend of mine and this is Macradon. We have only known each other briefly when we were doing a small raid on the upper floors. Both of these players are good candidates for the KoB." Opal had made the introductions to the other people in the room, but as lively as it was getting, more had come and entered, well at least one other. He seemed absolutely dumb founded that Mack was right back where he out to be; living and well. 

"And this is another old guild member from the Blades, Jevi and Macradon, this is Abalasster. Long time no see, friend." Opal offered up a smile. Man, this was some hard work, introducing everyone and keeping things nice and organized. She cleared her throat, "Please everyone. Enjoy the drinks and food that has been set up for you that has been graciously set up by Commander Heathcliff. As for the merger..." Opal sat back down in her seat, the expressive face she once held moments ago seemed to turn into a more serious and relaxed look as folded her arms over the table. Would Mack expect this kind of seriousness from her after all this time? Was he keeping tabs on the happenings of the world around him while he was...vanquishing

"I believe we can both help each other out. Commander Heathcliff and I are looking to rebuild our foundation. The Knight of the Blood have been around since the beginning, never has it been torn nor has it ever ceased to exist. While it has gone through a number of slumbers, it is now the time to wake it once more. And with me as Vice Commander, I have been given authority to look for new members and to strengthen the world of Aincrad. As guilds rise and fall...there is but only one that has seen through the darkness and that is the Knights of the Blood Oath, the guild that will lead us to Absolute Victory. Creating a foundation within will kick start a new era, and with Commander Heathcliff, undoubtedly the most powerful player of Aincrad, we look to him and his Guild Emblem as a beacon of hope to rise like the ashes of a phoenix, to be reborn and to lead this world for the future. However, an Army is necessary for these changes. No mere man or woman or child can fill these roles. We need dedicated and strong players with a strong sense of resolution to join our ranks. Mack, Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades, both Commander Heathcliff and I would value the power and dedication you poured into your own guild and form a much stronger union under the banner of the KoB. Of course, we are willing to negotiate if you and your fellow Blades are interested." 

Edited by Opal

Teselmar had entered the tavern without fanfare, the smoke from his cigarette creating a hazy cloud in the still air. It looked like the invitation that Opal had offered had been genuine. The room was empty, save for Opal and a few others clad in red and white. He sniffed, going over in his mind if this was a good idea. There were advantages to being an unaffiliated player. Freedom from obligation, as well as the ability to do as he pleased. But becoming a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath offered him more than it would take away. Opal was an important person in his life, and it was clear that she was putting a lot of effort into the organization. It was also a path to greater power, as having a support network would help him level faster and get him to the front lines quicker.

He strode forward, listening in as Opal and a rather imposing man seemed to be discussing a merger of guilds. The Blades, as he gathered from their conversation, were considering falling in under the banner of the Knights. Teselmar approached the edge of the group, attempting to catch Opal's eye. "Heard there was a party going on over here. Is this a red and white affair?" He smiled lopsidedly, the cigarette rising with his grin.

~"Yeah well. I wouldn't let down my friend." Jevi said back to Opal as she returned the embrace. After their small reuinion and taking a seat across from the woman, Jevi followed Opal's eyes to someone who had just come through the door, since her face looked almost in shock to see who ever it was. The man was large in stature with a booming voice, but she did not recognize the man, as far as she could remember at least. Opal gestured for the man to take a seat, so Jevi slid over in the booth and into the corner for the man to sit next to her. Soon after, a couple more men came into the tavern for similar reasons, one knowing the hulking man, the other looking to join KoB.

It was not long after thei arrival that Opal introduced everyone to eachother. She now knew that the big man sitting next to her was Mack, leader of the once Crimson Blades, Alabasster, another member of the same guild, and Macradon, just a player looking to join the Knights of Blood. ~"Great to meet you all." Jevi said with a smile, mainly to Mack since he was simply sitting next to her. Jevi sat in herplace at the booth, feeling almost as if she was intruding on the business between Mack and Opal. Apparently Opal was asking if he would wish to merge their two guild to make a much stronger force. Jevi simply listened, thinking that such a thing would prove to be quite a feat. With someone like Opal taking in a guild led by this man next to her, they could even have a guild that could possibly match that of Azure Brigade.

Well... it was finally the day to meet my new (and maybe some old) guildmates.  Opal sent out a mass message to some players who expressed interest in the Knights merge, and I was one of the picked players.  It was somewhat obvious, though, since I was likely the first player other than her superior that she talked to about merging.  I quickly equipped all my equipment and threw the still sleeping weasel Familiar across my shoulders as I made my way to the teleport gate. "Warp, Taft." I muttered, and the blue haze transported me to the eleventh floor.

I had only been there twice, one of which was the time I talked to Opal.  I was hoping that the tavern she had hired was the one we had used, but that was not the case.  It was relatively close, however, and it did not take long to find. I casually pushed against the door and leaned against it coolly as I scoured the room with my eyes, seeing a group of various characters, most in red and white, off in a booth to the side. I grinned at Opal widely and placed a hand playfully around her shoulders. "Sorry, is my bland attire intruding on the party?" I asked, my arm leaving her. "Well, I am now here. Hello Opal." I greeted her properly, before looking at the faces nearby. "Hey hey, Mack! Long time no see! Still looking tough as nails, I see." I threw one of my widest smiles at the burly male. "Abalasster, same to you, it is great to see you again." I greeted the white-haired male. "Aaaand Macradon, remember me?" I asked, thoughts returning to my hunting session with him. "I... do not recognize you. My name is Grave, it is a pleasure to meet you." I introduced myself to the smoking male still standing... then my eyes turned to the purple haired female. "Hi, Jevi." I greeted her simply, not bothering with anything more.

(Alright, decided I would have Grave acknowledge Jevi XD And for now I don't really think much conversation about Macra and Grave's hunting session will occur, since we haven't done much in that yet)

Teselmar watched as the chipper newcomer greeted most of the people in the room. He made a beeline for Opal, embracing her with a familiarity that made his eyebrow rise questioningly. Most of the people in the room seemed to have a history with one another, and he took another drag on his cigarette, trying to match faces with names he was hearing. It seemed like this was quite a prestigious little club he was about to join, judging by the gear that most of them were sporting.

The newcomer, Grave, extended him a greeting. The smoke blew through his nostrils as he exhaled, nodding at the man's salutation. "Teselmar." He sauntered towards the table, where Grave and Opal were situated. Teselmar leaned against a chair, but didn't sit just yet. "Quite the cast of characters we've got here, eh?" He addressed them both with a slight smile.

Macradon would sigh and sit down at one of the table after he had ordered a light glass og ginger ale. He wasn't in for anything big today. He sat down and just sat at the table, didn't seem like anyone was joining him at the moment. He would just sit and enjoy his ale. He noticed someone familiar. "Hey, Grave!" he said and stood up again, walking towards the man leaving his drink at the table. "Good to see you're still well" he said with a smile. Even though Macradon had only met Graves once, he was still one of the only people he recognized and was familiar with at the moment. He would return to his seat after the greeting, as he was curious of what was going to happen at the moment. He wasn't sure about anything right now, the only thing he's sure about is that this was some kind of recruitment event for the guild. Macradon would sigh and take another sip from the ginger ale.

Edited by Macradon

That was something unexpected.

Having only set foot on the upper sections of the first 10 floors, he got a request to meet at the 11th floor.  As this wasn't something he normally did, he didn't really feel like going to it.  That was, until he noticed who sent it.  The young girl whom he knew only for a short while.  From when we lost...  The hunter shook the thought from his head while looking upon the message.  It seems that the little lady has joined a strong guild, but needed help reinforcing it.  They needed the strength of the old Crimson Blades, and that gave the hunter the resolve to go.  If the remaining Blades were going to be there, then a certain someone would be there too.

Entering the tavern that was supposed to house this meeting, the hunter would notice the many banners showing the guild emblem for whichever guild that Opal had joined.  Apparently this was also going to be a recruitment event for them, as they needed more to their ranks.  That was fine for all that he cared about.  Though being enticed by the smell of food and drink was getting to him, he had come to see one person in particular.  Glints of burning red hair would catch his eye from an area next to, what he thought to be, Opal.  With each step, he would quicken his pace until he was just in front of the two.  His suspicions were confirmed with seeing the face of the man that was an old friend.  With the excitement, the jade hunter couldn't help himself as he said,

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN, MACK?!"

His voice was the loudest he had ever made it at that point.  For a monotone, quiet person, the hunter had quite the temper.

"I have been searching for you and the rest of the blades for some time now, and you only JUST come back?  What have you been doing?"

With that said, his anger fell to a low rumble.  It was a quick temper that he seemed to have at random.  Seeing that it wasn't something to really get mad about, a small sigh would have the hunter returned to his old self before their eyes.

"It's good to have you back."

With that, he would probably have quite a bit of eyes on him.  With that, a slight blush would have come up on him with his rather pallid expression.  There were many people that he knew from several different events in this world.   Had Opal really gathered all of these people?  Speaking of, she was right in front of him speaking with Mack, so she got most of that too.  With a small shrug, he gestured towards the bar.

"Sorry to cause a ruckus.  I'll be drinking a few 'Forbidden Bloods' for that."

OOC: Sorry, swampy week.

"I'm listening," Mack rumbled, sliding into a seat next to Jevi, one massive hand wrapped around a frothy mug of stout beer and nodding a greeting in Abalasster's and Grave's direction. The enormous man listened as Opal explained the situation, making a mental note of how much she had grown up and matured since her time as a member of the Crimson Blades. "Any decision on a merger would have to be considered by our Guild Council, and we would need to discuss exactly what such a merger would look like and what the role of the remaining Blades within the Knights would look like," Mack said at last, punctuating the remark by taking a long pull from the mug in front of him. "But, the truth is that I'm no general. I'm better suited to leading a strike team."

Before the conversation between himself and Opal could progress much farther, though, Hirru made his appearance at the meeting. "The answer to that question, Hirru, is a long story," Mack answered the other warrior, taking another long pull from his mug. "It's a rather thrilling tale, and yes it does involve Kayaba programming a leper village into the eighth floor, so glad you asked."

Clearing her throat, the woman found that several other had formed around the table giving in that Mack was the true reason for this entire thing. Many players from the Blades had arrived, some more surprised than others, even Hirru, the quiet player she had known him to be even had an emotional reconnection with her former Guild Leader. Entwining her small fingers and placing them on the table, the woman listened to Mack and his ideal situation, "A strike team?" she asked, leaning back a little the woman's amber eyes lowered as she fell into a deep contemplating moment. 

"I believe this can be arranged, Mack. We do have a spot open for 3rd Command in our rank. I know you don't offer yourself up to be a General, but you did head up the master position of the Crimson Blades. That alone has shown me enough you can handle men under you. So what I will suggest is that you and your Blades, after your council of course, I'll make you Squad Captain of your men. You will be sanctioned under the banner of the Knights of the Blood of course, but you will also have your own freedoms. We can specify the details at a later date if you wish to continue this discussion. However, this is not just a casual meet and greet."

The woman slid out of her seat and she smiled at all that had come, "If I can have everyone's attention please!" Her voice, powerful and presenting as she spoke out loud in the humbling size of the rented tavern. She moved towards the front of the room where a small podium was placed so she can present to the player's what she needed from them.

"I welcome you all this day. For those I have invited and for those who are interested in becoming Knights of the Blood Oath, I ask that you please stand in rows of three and at least two feet given from the person to the front of you and the side. Crimson Blades! I would ask that you to take a seat by Mack and have a listen to what I have to say. If Mack finds that my words are worth any amount, then I would ask you all pledge along with him your honor and your membership to the Knights as well." The woman cleared her throat and waited for her troops to file in line as she had instructed before beginning again. 

"Former Vice Commander Azide has left me with some mighty big shoes to fill. However, I have once walked the road that another person had walked upon believing that all I could do for myself was something else that someone had laid out in front of me. I was wrong. I decided to take a chance with myself and go down a different path, that was the day I left the Crimson Blades to start my training in the mountains. It was hard work, very hard. And there were times when I felt like giving up. A man named Myoga had become my teacher, my friend and through his eyes and teachings I was able to become a better woman, and a stronger player. But it was people like Lindow and like Mack who helped me realize these things. I had always known I could be stronger, I just had to believe in myself." the woman took a moment to look around the room and smile. She wanted to make sure everyone was paying attention. 

"Much like my Master Myoga taught me, I wish to be a helping hand in teaching you all. I want to give you all the same opportunity that was given to me. I might be your Vice Commander, but we will be a guild united by the common thing that pumps through us all. Blood. It is by that defining trait that we are all connected. We are all players in the game striving to beat it. We should be joining together to create something more than just a guild, more than just a family. A defining line that will bring all of Aincrad together. When I joined the guild, I was not expecting much, to be honest I have no idea what I was doing. But as I did, I realized how fucked up of a world we are living in and how much it needs to change. And for that, I gave myself a personal oath. I want everyone to take a moment and consider what I have said. If you feel you can pledge your life to the Knights of the Blood Oath, I ask that each of you take one step ahead of you and place your fist over your heart and make your own personal Oath, one that you shall never break and uphold with your utmost! For those of you still considering and do not wish to commit, I will take no ill will towards you. This guild will not be for everyone... With that, I will now step down from this podium...and a few words from our Guild Master, Commander Heathcliff."

Opal lightly stepped down from the small stage in the front of the tavern where she addressed her Knights. Standing off to the side, the woman placed both hands behind her and locked them in place, she smiled with her full red lips. Perhaps they were not expecting the Commander Heathcliff to actually make an appearance. 

OOC: The next post in line is reserved for Commander Heathcliff. Thank you. 

Edited by Opal

With the recruitment meeting for the guild underway, Opal had messaged me when all the expected players had arrived at the location. Heathcliff had just arrived at the teleport gate and beamed himself to the city of Taft on the 11th floor of Aincrad. Upon arrival in the city, he stepped off the platform and made his way towards the tavern. He had finally reached the tavern as Vice-Commander Opal was finishing up her speech. With that, I will now step down from this podium...and a few words from our Guild Master, Commander Heathcliff.

At that moment Heathcliff made his way into the tavern and walked up to the podium to address the new Recruits. He looked around at the crowd and noticed that there was a good amount of players that are interested in joining the Knights of the Blood Oath. Hello everyone. He started out with a booming voice that struck fear into his enemies, as well as those who didn't know him. I see that everyone gathered here today contains somewhat of an interest in joining my guild. I am pleased to see that there are so many of you. He said as he looked over and gave Opal a look that he was pleased with her hard work. I am very pleased with Vice-Commander Opal and everything that she has done for this guild and I expect the same from all of you. It may not all be in the same way and form but you will know what that way is when the time comes. He said to the crowd as he thought back to what Opal had said in her speech.

In the very beginning of this game, I wanted to form a guild that would stand as a symbol of hope for the players. Much like Vice-Commander Opal, I knew I had to get stronger and by doing that, I needed to find a new belief in myself. With this newfound belief, I formed the Knights of the Blood Oath. I venture out looking for the players that I believe will help accomplish that dream. I have found the right person to lead under me through the many VC's that had left. The one that fits the spot the most has stayed and made an oath that will help make this guild that symbol of hope that I dreamed about. Vice- Commander Opal is that person and though she may not feel like she is, I can see it in her determination for beating this game. Heathcliff told the crowd as he tried to rally everyone to join.

Everyone of you here today will be an essential part in this game from here on out. I cannot wait to see what will be accomplished with your help. In terms of why you should join, well, this is soon to be the strongest guild in all of Aincrad. We will lead the front lines and our names will be carved into history! You will be famous throughout all VRMMORPG's! Now those of you from the Crimson Blades, I am allowing a small strike team that will be used to do recon missions as well as scouting the boss rooms. Now the scouting team will vary from time to time depending on the players strengths, levels and skills. With previous information given to me by Opal, Mack will lead the small strike team with players of his choice. Those from Crimson Blades who are not picked for the strike team, will become Knights but will still answer to Mack before Opal and I act. There are slots open for the Guild Council, Treasurer as well as Commander of the Vanguard, Knights of Blood Company. If you are interested in any of the positions, please message Vice-Commander Opal and she will gauge if you are fit for the position. Thank you for coming here today. Any minor details will be taken care of by Opal and she will contact me if need be. Thank you. He said as he stepped down from the podium and handed the meeting back over to Opal as he sat at the bar and watched the rest of the meeting.

Edited by Heathcliff

Beoreson picked up a flyer from the street that said there was recruitment for KoB. The warrior quickly headed towards floor 11 and made his way to the tavern.Beoreson walked into the room after Heathcliff and joined the mass of players that had gathered around the podium. He gives a wave to Opal and stands at parade rest. He listened intently to the guild master and nodded at the end of his recruitment speech. With a sigh to himself, he pulled down his facemask and asks, “So, where is the signup sheet?” Beoreson was being his normally blunt and honest self and was hoping to just sign over to an another organized force before he lost his purpose. The warrior also looks over to Mack and says with a smile, “Still use an axe with heavy armor?”

Teselmar stared at the older man who had entered at Opal's words. So this is the illustrious Heathcliff... He didn't look like much at first glance. But his posture and bearing betrayed a man who had absolutely no fear or lack of confidence in his words. As he spoke, Teselmar could see why people had followed the man into battle. He certainly has a way with words... Teselmar perceived that unlike many others who had tried to inspire and rouse players to action, Heathcliff didn't once mention how many players had died thus far, or how they would one day escape from this death game. Instead, he spoke of glory and conquest, of making history. Teselmar didn't blame him. Fear paralyzes, but avarice enables. A group that is motivated by a fear of dying will run out of steam quickly, but motivated by a desire for personal satisfaction? That would carry this lot farther.

Glory didn't interest the smoking man, nor was he afraid of dying in this world or the one outside. He was motivated by something... else. His gaze stayed on Opal. Teselmar had no one to care about in this digital realm until she and Ishida came along, and he'd be damned if he didn't put his all into keeping them alive. That, and everyone who was still on the first floor for fear of losing their lives was counting on them to make it. Turning to the Vice Commander, he nodded as he blew out a plume of smoke. "Alright, count me in. I'll take the Blood Oath."

"Well met, Teselmar." I responded with a friendly nod to the blond male. "Yes, certainly a varying group.  Honestly, this is just about a representation of most stereotypes of players in this game." I realised with a chuckle. "It just makes me very glad to see that so many different people gather for the same cause, and each have their own little touch to add to the situation." I continued on, before shutting my mouth and speaking no more, allowing someone else to take a turn.

I spun my head swiftly around when I heard accelerating footsteps behind me, and cowered in pain from the sheer volume of the shout. "H-holy, crap, Hirru, that was... quite the way to enter." I muttered as he continued to address the giant among us. A full-blown chuckle escaped my lips when said gargantuan responded with a nice dose of sarcasm I had seen extremely little of when I saw him around back in the day.

My ears were peeled as Opal explained that us Blades would be merged in as a section of the Knights with our own freedom, which I certainly liked the sound of, but I waited to throw my input in. Then the fun part began; as I was ordered, I seated myself near Mack and the other Blades who were there, and widened my ears further to listen to the speech Opal had to give. It usually takes little to persuade me, but Opal's speech swayed me from the first few sentences. I was about to take my Oath as Opal had said, but was quickly stopped as she gave way to the large, god-like man before us. Well, he seemed large, but maybe that was just the podium.

And his speech provided a sweet, slick finish to Opal's. Had it not been such a formal event, I would have broken into clapping and whistling, but I kept my cool. These two only pushed me further and further into wanting to become part of this guild, it was like being pushed through a net that I was already right up against. Looking around the room, I was far from the only one of that mindset. Soon Beoreson arrived, and I simply nodded to him in greeting. He did not seem to have been as swayed by the guildmaster's speech as most of us were, but speeches were not always for everyone.

The first to voice their will to take the Oath was Teselmar, the smoking blond male I had met not too long ago; just from the look of him he seemed like a guy I could count on.  It was my turn, I decided. "I take an Oath to devote my body and being to the Knights, and to fight until my knuckles bleed." I said, placing a bandage-wrapped fist over my heart.

The purple haired girl sat quietly as Opal and Mack conversed about the combination of the two's guilds to form a powerful force. Her yellow eyes shifted back and forth from the two as they took turns speaking back and forth, sometimes moving up to the side of the table when a new person arrived to greet either Opal or Mack. Pretty much everyone who entered was a stranger to Jevi, which caused her to want to stay more and more quiet. She then heard the all too familiar voice of her gray haired friend, Grave, as he came in and greeted the others. Once he got through all of his greetings, he simply said 'hi' to her. On one side of her mind, she was happy that he was being slightly distant to avoid a possible awkward situation. On the other hand, his distance also upset her a bit. She pushed her feelings down and flashed him a quick smile, ~"Hey Grave, good to see you." 

Soon after that, another man entered the facility, and the entire tavern seemed to become silent as he approached the podium to speak to the group. The man was apparently Heathcliff, the commander of the Knights of The Blood Oath. She sat herself upright and listened to the man speak to everyone. As the man's speech went on and on, Jevi felt a hot excitement rise up in her body. She now wanted more than ever to be part of this group, and she felt honored to know that she would hopefully be doing so thanks to Opal. After the man finished and passed the meeting back over to Opal, Jevi placed her hands on the table. ~"Alright. I'm in. I'll take the Oath as well."

Those she had called upon had arrived in a timely manner, others have yet to make an appearance which was fine...Maybe. She was slightly disappointed by the fact she couldn't rouse more of the members, but perhaps it was just a busy day for them to address the matter. As Commander Heathcliff took the center stage, the room went silent. No one spoke save the galant head of the Guild. He spoke of many things, turning to Opal as she stood there with all the confidence of the world and pride as she looked back to him, only giving the smallest of head nods. She didn't have an ego, there was no room for that as a Vice Commander. You do your duty, thankless as it is and you do everything you can to achieve what you set out. And she did just that, albeit the outcome could have turned out better, but she would not complain. She stood there looking over her troops with a stoic expression as the Commander continued his speech. The woman nodding in agreeance to what he was saying but kept a keen eye on the crowd of people that were summoned to the event. 

As the man finished, he turned to the bar and watched the resuming of the meeting. Many players had taken to Opal quickly saying they were ready for their oaths. The woman smiled, "You all are so very eager to join you forgot the words I spoke about earlier. The Blood Oath is not a set phrase that is to be taken. Its a personal Oath to yourself. Whatever you deem necessary to fulfill for the Knights of the Blood, is the Oath you will take. Each and everyone us will have our own personal Oath, you must embrace this with all your life and eternal being. Think on it, and when you finally made your Oath to yourself...then you will need to live it each and everyday until this game is conquered."

Opal smiled once and turned to Mack, "The Commander has given you 3rd Command of your strike force, Mack. I expect you to be training your troops hard the next several months. I want everyone on your Strike Force to be battle ready for at least the 14th Floor Boss Raid. It would be a tall order for the 13th, I will not be expecting that...but if you can,well then you'll have my gratitude. As for everyone else!" the woman spoke up louder once more to gain their attention.

"As Commander Heathcliff explained, we have a few high positions available in our ranks. The most important one is the 3rd in Commander for the Knights themselves. Also council members will be needed. Mack, I appoint you the first council member. You are a wise man, and I believe you sitting at the Council would do the Knights a great deal of morale and we could always use your words of wisdom at meetings. For those who are interested in these higher positions, I will have tests for you to accomplish, but anyone is eligible.  Levels are not the only necessary thing this guild needs, we need strong willed and capable thinkers as well. Knowing the ins and outs of this game, knowing the different roles of the game as well as positions, stepping up to take on a leadership role, knowing who your guild mates are. These are all important traits for being 3rd In Command. If anyone has any questions...Feel free to ask. Please enjoy yourselves, there is much food and drink to go around courtesy of the Commander." 

Opal cleared her throat as her lips curved into a smile once more, filling her cup with a refreshing brew and then taking a seat to give herself a moment. She had accomplished a lot today, more so than she thought. Everyone seemed pretty pleased with how things had gone. Now was the time to bring these people together, as the Commander said...they would need to be the strongest guild in Aincrad, and they will be. If one thing she has learned, if she put her mind to it, anything was possible.