[F4-PP] The essence of damn it's cold <<Essence of Steel>> (Vayrin, Zandra)

It was cold down here on the 4th floor. He had just gotten used to the heat from the 9th and the somewhat warm weather of the 11th floor. This snowy landscape was beautiful when it wasn't being a blizzard and tearing everything off. Though he hated this place, there was a quest he really wanted to do. Macradon knew that this was a quest he wouldn't be able to do alone, so he would call on some help. He would send a local message out to people in the area around him about him needing help for a quest.

Hi, I'm Macradon.
I'm looking for party members for the quest
<<Essence of Steel>>
I'm too weak to do it myself and would therefor love it if you would join me. 
Meet me at the warp plaza of the 4th floor.

Macradon would send out the message and close his HUD. He would stay at the warp plaza to await his party members to arrive, if any would arrive. He was unsure of anyone were interested in doing this quest, and he wasn't sure if anyone wanted to help him. His deal was to get the skill points and the <Essence of Steel> so he would be able to upgrade his gear whenever he would have it available.

Zandra was just finished with her daily brewing. Now she decided to go and Surprise Jomei. She putted on her casual fancy winter clothes and headed out. It was a rather calm day today, the wind wasnt very strong. When she entered the town a notice appeared in front of her. She continued reading it while walking. It seemed there was a change of plans. She was glad she had planned to surprise Jomei and not told him in advance. That way she didnt have to care about it. Thats when she enters the warp plaza and spot Macradon."Hi there Mac. So we gonna go on another quest you and me? How many have it been now?" She said friendly.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me?" Vayrin mumbled to herself as she stepped out of Inn. The day had been rather calm today. Of course, if this were a normal situation this would have been a relief to anyone on floor 3. But this was not a normal situation. Vayrin cursed under her breath as she quickly went through her menu and onto her map. She had come to this floor hunting rare mobs, but it seemed most of them only spawned in stormy weather. She quickly gave a sigh of relief and headed out. She pulled up her winter hood, and walked down the street when she got a notification on her menu. She stopped for a moment and raised an eyebrow. She had rarely gotten these before. This was unusual... Soon, Vayrin's curiosity got the better of her, and she lifted her hand to open it. Her eyes reflected the white glow of the floating menu as she read the message. It was an invite to a quest. Vayrin knew little about he quest, except for what area it was located in. She slowly smirked as she thought about this opportunity. This was the perfect chance to earn a few extra mats in a place where tougher mobs spawned, and y'know, complete the quest. Whatever it was. She quickly dismissed the message and went to the spot she was directed to meet.

Edited by Vayrin

Macradon was at the warp plaza, fully clad in his armor. He was standing there with his sallet, haflplate and his poleyn. He was still waiting for those party members he would like for this quest, as the quest was quite dangerous for him to do alone. He would see someone appear, someone he found familiar. It would quickly strike him as one of his close friends. It was ... "Zandra!" he said with a smile as Zandra approached him. "Good to see you again. How many adventures have we been on? I lost track after the first 4" he said with a smile. The two of them would probably be able to clear the quest themselves, but Macradon thought he needed to get just one more member to be sure of their success. Not many peple had come, only Zandra as of yet, but if none other would appear, Macradon and Zandra would take care of it.

So Macradon had lost track after four. Yeah they was going to learn to know each others pretty good by now. She probably could count Macradon as one of her closest friends here in Aincrad.''Have it been four already? Oh my gosh the time walks by quick.'' she said, thinking about the adventures they have been on together. After all, she had started to know quite a bunch of players by now. She no longer was that timid little girl she was almost a year ago. She thougth about her new 'Dark angel armour'. when she first spawned in town of the beginnings she could never believe.that she was gonna be an owner of one of the strongest armours that existed. She knew there was more and more tier two armours beeing made from the different blacksmiths, but this was one of the first, and it was Macradon that had made.''I must thank you for the armour and the whip. They have been really useful. The armour did increased my damage mitigation from fourteen to fiftyseven, thanks.'' she said to the whitehaired blacksmith with a thumb up.

Vayrin had her face buried in her map once again. Despite the amount of time she had spent on this floor, she still didn't quite know her way around it all. Giving a sigh, she looked up for a moment to observe her surroundings. The town seemed normal, and she had somehow mad her way into it's center. Only thing this message failed to give her was a physical description of this "Macradon" fella. Something that would have been useful had she found him. She gave another look, and saw two armored players talking with each other. The black haired woman however seemed somewhat familiar. Soon, Vayrin couldn't help but notice the two were in the place she was directed to meet them. She straightened up and began walking towards the two. "This is the place for the Essence of Steel quest right?" The violet haired girl stated in a serious tone, not knowing she may have interrupted the two's conversation.

Macradon chuckled lightly with a smile, "Yeah, time flies by quick" he said. He would get up straight and stretch himself. Macradon would see someone approaching as Zandra's and his conversation was going slowly. "Yes, it's me who requested party members" he said while he would take off his sallet helmet for the time being, revealing his red eyes and his white hair. He would take a look around to see if any other would approach. "It doesn't seem like anyone else wants to join, so let's head off" he said. "The place isn't located too far from here, so we should just get going" he would say and point towards the gate that would lead out into the fields.

While Macradon and Zandra talked her attention went to a newly arrived player. It was a girl with purple hair. Zadra was sure she had seen her somewhere, but could place her just yet. Zandra nodded in agreement when Mac said that the girl was right, this was the place where the players that was gonna head out on the essence of steel quests was. And since it didnt seemed there was anyone else that was gonna show up, Zandra sent a party request to the girl.''Yeah, Im ready when you are.'' she checked so she was sure that she had her chain-whip attached on her hip. 

"Right then, best get going." Vayrin told the other two. "I can see you two are already acquainted, so I guess I should tell you my name. I'm Vayrin." The violet haired girl said with a small smile. She then quickly put up her hood to shield her from the cold winds Vayrin only assumed would meet them. She turned in the direction in which they would go to exit town and looked back. "I suppose I'll let one of you lead the way." She said, before going into her menu and checking her stats. She opened her map, digging through the area they would be going through.

Macradon would look over his shoulder, looking at the girl that has just joined the party. "Yeah, Zandra and I have been on different quests and adventures together in the past" he said with a smile. His face would change from cheery to slightly flustered. "Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself!" he said while sticking out his tongue. "I'm Macradon, as you might know" he said as he would turn his face forward again. He would think about the quest they were going on. They were supposed to fight a big beast out in the snow that Macradon had to summon with a quest item he received when accepting the quest. Macradon wouldn't be able to take the quest on alone, so having these two by his side would indeed aid them.

Zandra nooded to her companions.''So let head out then.'' Since she had already done this quest, Zandra took the lead. She was used to walk thru the deep snow of floor four, so she did her best to make the trail behind her as easy for the others as possible.''Well Mac, you can be prepared to get a visit from me pretty soon. Im gonna pay for Anises items as well as ordering a perfect thing.'' the last thing she said, throwing a smirk over her shoulder.

A few minutes later they reached an opening between the trees, in the middle there was a huge skull from some snow beast creature.''How is it going?'' she asked the other two when they approached.''So Mac, there is your skull.'' she said and pointed on the skeleton in the middle. She checked so her armour was tight on and she had her whip close by.''Im ready when you two are.

As she had thought, the trio were met with fierce winds as they worked their way through the snow towards their destination. Vayrin had been in the back, letting Zandra and Macradon take point. She had her arm up to shield her from the unforgiving cold, but luckily she had picked up that survival skill. It seemed especially useful in these types of situations. Vayrin looked up, her eyes barley making out the other two when they had reached the spot of the quest... Sensing they were going to be in battle, Vayrin slowly reached for her blade. Suddenly though, she heard a very unusual movement behind her. The girl spun around to see three large, angry looking snow Golems that had seemed to spawn whilst they were focusing on the skull. Vayrin got in her battle stance, and with a determined voice she yelled over her shoulder. "I got these guys! You two take care of that Snowbeast!" Least she could do was provide these three monsters with a distraction while her companions could focus on the bigger threat...

Macradon followed as Zandra had done this quest before, actually knowing where to look. Lo and behold, the skull to summon the snow beast was there, present in the middle of the battlefield. Macradon would get closer to the skull and reach out for it until he heard the girl's voice from behind. Something was aggroing. Macradon would draw his sword before touching the skull. "Are you sure you wont need help?" he said. Either way he would rush towards the location of her voice. "The snow beast hasn't spawned yet, so we can deal with these guys first!" Macradon said as he got into position. The girl seemed pretty confident in her skills against these golems, so Macradon would take the damage part of this fight, maybe just drawing the aggro away and tanking it if needed.

Zandra herd a sound and quickly turned around. The snowbeast wasnt supposed to spawn before they hit the bone on the skull. It wasnt the snowbeast, it was three snow golems. Vayrin said to them that she would take care of it and they focus on the boss. Thou Macradon didnt listened, he joined the violet girls to face them, said that they could take care of those before spawning the field boss. Zandra thougth quickly. She knew that they would handle those golems wasily without her help. So Zandra rushed forth and touched the skull.''You take care of those, I'll do what I can to the boss.''She shouted to her two party members while she pulled forth her chain whip, placed herself in battle-stance and prepared for the attacking beast that got closer and closer.

Zandra ran forward against it. About five meters from it she stopped. Then she did a backflip with her whip seunged around and from the momentum made a huge red stripe on its chest. She folowed up with another one the moment she landed. As soon as she hand landed after her second backflip she threw herself to the side. A moment later the place where she just had stood a second ago got smashed with increadilbe force.

ID: 47332
BD: 9 Crit +1 11+1=12x8=96 Damage
MD: 1 Crit miss

Zandra: 132/132 (25/33)
Snow beast: 154/250

OoC: We are probably to far from each other to be able to use AOE on beast and golems at the samae time.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Vayrin simply nodded at her companions when Macradon got into a battle stance with her. Judging by the gear that Zandra had, she seemed to be a high level player, so could probably hold off the Snowbeast on her own while Vayrin and Macradon dealt with the Golems. Gritting her teeth, Vayrin held out her blade as it began to glow a dark violet in the vicious blizzard blowing around them. As the Snow Golem's got into their battle stance, and began rushing towards her. Vayrin did the same. With a fierce yell, the girl swiftly rolled under one of the Golem's massive arms as it attempted to smash her, She then followed up with a slash of her own on it side, before leaping just out of the second's. She used this to her advantage. She quickly sprinted back towards the beast, rolled under his legs, hit him again, before spinning, and rushing her blade along the third's back, completing the square. The whole process was about 6 seconds. Vayrin was now on the opposite side of the Golem's from where Mac was, and she could already see that Zandra had instigated the battle with the snowbeast. She nodded at Mac to finish the Golem's off so they could help Zandra...

Spoiler

ID#: 47746

BD: 7+1(Accuracy)=8 [Hit!]

MD: 2-1(Evasion)=1 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 5+Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square. = 5x4(Hitcount)=20x1(DMG Multiplier)= 20

Vayrin's HP: 48/48

Vayrin's ENG: 4/12

Snow Golem 1: 10/30

Snow Golem 2: 10/30

Snow Golem 3: 10/30

Macradon would go in with a quick attack, getting the golems down so they could focus on the snow beast. Macradon would prepare himself as he got into battle stance, he would quickly go towards the golems with his <Charge> skill and get in close, but his big and bulky sword made it near impossible for him to really get a good hit at them, and they would merely block his oncoming attack, making him immobile for a few seconds. "I'm stuck here, try to get them down!" he said as he would stand there, not really being a high priority threat.

ID: 47784
BD: 2, miss.

Edited by Macradon

Zandra and the snowbeast circled around each other, waiting for the other one to do the first strike. Zandra glanced over her shoulder at her other partymembers. Vayrin seemed to take care of the golems pretty good. Then Mac came to help her. Thou he missed with the greatsword. Then she focused on her battle instead. And that wasnt a moment to early. She saw the beast throwing himself at her. Thou she succeded to dodge it. But it was close. She could feel its fur when it passed her.'darn it' she thougth to herself since she also lost the opportunity to counterattack.

ID: 47855 BD: 2 Miss MD: 2 Miss

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Vayrin nodded, and ran forward again. As she sprinted, the large creature swung his massive arm at her. The violet haired girl managed to roll under it, although it had distracted her enough to miss her target. Her blad sang through the air, but just missed the edge of the Golem's body. She quickly rolled to the side to get some distance from the other two, rethinking her strategy...

Spoiler

ID#: 48052

BD: 3 [Miss!]

MD: 4 [Miss!]

Macradon would go up to the golems and strike them down with his lowest AOE sword art to take down the beasts. Afterwards Macradon would head towards Zandra for the snow beast. Zandra had taken care of the aggro for now, which was a good idea since Vayrin didn't seem like she would be able to handle any hit. Macradon would stand by Zandra and be ready to attack whenever he would see any opening that the big snow beast would make.

ID: 48240
BD: 4+1+1=6, hit. Blast 2x1x8=16

- Health List -
  Macradon: 96/96
Energy: 12/24
Hate: 0

Zandra: 132/132
Energy: 24/33
Hate: 1

Vayrin: 32/32
Energy: 0
Hate: 0