{F12-PP} What The Hell is a Wyvern? (Opal, Zandra, Calrex) <<Lord of the Seas>>COMPLETE

"A wyvern?"

The ginger haired player, clad in his black and green leather armor, leaned against a tall tree with his arms folded. Next to him, sitting on a large flat rock, was another player who wore a cloth a dark purple tunic over chainmail armor, a simple black cloak on his shoulders. His hood was pulled up, but his face was not hidden in its shadow.

"Mmhm." the man pointed out in the distance, through a forest of trees. What he was pointing towards, though,  could not be distinguished. "If you head that way, and keeeep going until.. well.. pretty much the end of this floor, you'll come across a huge lake.. They say that sometimes, a powerful storm brews in from off the coast, but never reaches land. Instead, it merely stays in place over the water. Thats when they usually see it.. the wyvren." 

Jomei was silent for a moment before rubbing the back of his head, "Well... I was more asking what a wyvern was.. but I guess I needed that information too.."

"...Right.. Its a sea monster, basically. Almost like an giant.. alligator dragon. Hell I've never seen it myself, but thats just what I've heard." 

From what Jomei learned from the friendly broker, this was another field boss discovered on this floor. He had already tackled most of the beasts found on the lower floors so far, so seemed as though this one was next on his list. Though, he figured it would be safest for the man to prepare a party to take on the wyvern. Sliding his hand up to open his menu, Jomei composed a message. After thinking of just who to send it to, he decided a good party to take on such a task easily would be Zandra, Opal, and Calrex. After sending out his message, the man walked from his place in the town in the direction the broker had pointed him. Soon enough, he came to the edge of a platform on which the buildings resided on, seemingly hovering above the water. At the edge of the wooden floor was a dock with multiple boats of varying sizes anchored to the land. "Guess we will probably have to take one of these out there..." 

"Or we could just swim across? Though I don't necessarily feel like switching into my bathing suit right now..." Opal had received his invitation for the quest not too long ago. She was already in the process of switching floors when she had got the message from him. This was a quest she had been wanting to do, but the possibility of soloing it might cause her some trouble. After this quest was over, she would know if she could handle this thing in a party with her other guild mates, a respectable quest such as this has high yielding rewards in both Skill Points as well as a nifty item. Of course, the item was only a bonus, the real reward was the nice collection of Skill Points acquired from the quest. 

She had found Jomei moments after his remark of the boats, "You don't expect me to...use the oars do you?" the woman looked at her nicely manicured nails and sighed, "I just got these done too...So it looks like you and..." Opal looked to her HUB, the pending members for the team were Calrex and a player she was not familiar with on quests, Zandra. She had seen this player only briefly at Grave's shop but knew nothing more of the woman except for that. 

"...And Calrex will be heading the oars. The females in this group will not be taken to menial tasks." A sharp ruby red smile crossed her face, Opal was hardly in such a state to go all feminist on Jomei, so she would gauge his reaction to her bratty comment and go from there. For the time being, however, they would have to wait for the others to arrive. If Calrex was joining them though, this Water Boss should not prove to be of any difficulty.   

"Well, looks like almost everyone's here."

It was not too long after Opal spoke that the bluenette made his appearance, with his blue peregrine falcon familiar hovering overhead, "So I heard I'm in charge of oars this time, so I'm guessing that this particular outing we'll be actually on the water. This quest has certainly changed from the past couple times I've taken it on, heh."

Calrex's statement was true. In the past he had actually undertaken this particular field boss on twice. The first time he had accompanied Ssendom and Ariel, with the three of them making quick work of the sea dragon before it even had a chance to threaten them. The second time around he had decided to take on the mission by himself, ending up having to fight a multitude of monsters in the zones around the lake before he had a shot at summoning the field boss.

This time around he figured that he was most likely going to be on defensive duty, playing the tank for the team. Because of this he was clad in the full-body armor of his Grand Chariot II, with his head and body completely encapsulated by the deep-sea blue metal. The only marker for his expressions was the light blue slits in the helmet which indicated where his eyes were. Alongside this was the Grand Blade II and the Amethyst Charm, both of which were attached to the back of his hip, the handle of the sword extending towards his right side.

Looking over he gave a nod to both of his teammates, "It's good to see the both of you again. Opal, even moreso. The last time I saw you I think was quite a few months back. As for Jomei..."

He gave a smirk beneath his armor as he finished his sentence, "...where is Zandra at? I would have thought the two of you were inseparable."

A pair of footsteps was herd when Zandra approached. It seemed like the rest of the group have already been there for quite awhile. Thou it wasnt strange, after all it was almost ten minutes since she got the message.

A few days earlier she had told Jomei she needed to be alone for a day or two and wanted him to not contact her. She had been thru a terrible experoence that she wasnt ready to talk about it just yet. Even since she told him that, he invited her to a field boss fight . After some thinking she decided maybe it would make her feel better and forgot. Also, this was one of the field bosses she havent engaged yet. When she had decide she hurried to get there as soon as possible. Since it was on the eleventh floor where she havent been before she had equiped her heavy Dark Angel armour to keep her safe from enemies.

"Sorry Im late. I..." she havent checked who or if the others would be. So when she saw two more players waiting for her she got startled. It was a man and a beutiful woman. The man she knew very well but the female she thougth she had seen but couldnt place where. She walked the last way to the group and putted on a smile to hide her feelings. At least for now."Hi Cal and Jomei."she said before turning her focus to the female."Hi. Im Zandra, its a pleasure to meet you. You seems familiar. Have we met before? Sorry for asking but Im not very good at remembering names." She said with a friendly tone in her voice.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei laughed when he heard Opal's voice from behind him, mentioning that the group could always just swim across, rather than using the perfectly good boat provided for just such an occasion. "As overly joyous I am about the idea of swimming in this ... crystal clear river.. I think I'll pass this time." Jomei said sarcastically, looking towards the swampy water that probably hid all types of monsters. He turned his head to look at the woman with a smirk at her remarks, "You got here pretty quickly" he said with a chuckle. The woman commented about having to use the oars of the boat, afraid she may ruin her perfect manicure. "Oh, I'm sorry your highness. I'd hate to see you break a nail." he said with a teasing tone, shaking his head with a laugh before turning back to the boats. "Yeah, that'll be fine. Calrex and I could easily take care of it so you ladies don't have to lift a finger." the end of his sentence changing sound once again to poke fun at the woman. 

Jomei then heard the slightly muffled voice of Calrex come from his other side. The man turned to greet his friend and was met with the full, blue suit of armor that gave him the name 'Ultramarine Knight.' He smirked, "Sometimes I forget you keep that hiding in your pockets. Glad you decided to tag along.. I know you usually don't like to turn down a challenge." Calrex also made a comment about the boats, mentioning that 'this time' we would be using the boats. "Well.. from what I gather.. This river leads to a larger lake where the wyvren is. I would think that there is land around that area that would make the fight slightly easier... And I'm not surprised that you've taken this already as well." he said crossing his arms with a sharp brow.

Calrex then asked where Zandra was, joking that he thought the two could never be separated. "Well she... Oh there she is now." his slightly saddened expression from knowing Zandra had asked if she could be left alone for a couple of days turned to a happy smile when the girl actually showed up. He had no idea what the situation was, but she seemed a little bit better about it, since she had a smile on her face as well.. hopefully at least. Everyone can wear a fake smile and pass it off as real. "I knew she wouldn't let me down..." he said softly to himself as the girl approached. "Hey Zan." he said with a warm smile, "I'm happy to see you again... is everything alright?" he said, hoping the girl had recovered from her situation and would hopefully tell him this time. "Oh, of course. Zandra, this is Opal." the man placed a hand on Zandra's shoulder, gesturing to Opal. "Opal, this is Zandra." He smiled and stepped to the side so the two could introduce themselves more. 

The man waited for the others before speaking up, "Alright. So since everyone's here we can start heading out." He pointed to the larger boat. It was pretty much a giant row boat, wider only slightly longer, with one bench towards the back, one towards the front, and a wide open area in the center for others to stand or put cargo. On the back of the boat was a small canopy made simply out of wooden poles and a large green tarp over head. After helping the others into the boat and stepping in himself, he searched the boat for any sign of oars they could use.. which there were none. However, at the back of the boat, under the canopy, was a small mechanism consisting of a lever that lead to a rudder and another to help steer the boat. "Well, looks like driving the boat is a one man job.. I suppose I'll take care of that." he said, crouching next to the rudder, moving the different levers so he could understand just how to operate the boat. 

"I've been keeping busy with the Knights of the Blood," Opal said towards Calrex from his previous comment of not being seen in the last few months. He still stood as a pillar, probably the strongest...normal player in the game, but probably not stronger than Commander Heathcliff of course. Her wry smile etched upon her delicate skin when she thought of such things, her guild was vastly becoming superior in both numbers and power and eventually Aincrad would have its true champion's in the light. Until then, patience was a game best played with the others. Sweeping a hand over the black curtain of bangs, the last remaining member of the group had finally decided to grace them with her presence; Zandra. She turned to Jomei as he was introducing them, then it came together, Calrex earlier comment of them being inseparable, "So the precious gift surfaces," she smiled lightly at Jomei, flicking her eyes back towards Zandra, with a hand stretched out to greet the woman, "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, I am Vice Commander Opal of the Knights of the Blood Oath. We never spoken before this day, but I have taken notice of you at Grave's Cafe, perhaps we were also in the same Floor Raid not too long ago? My memory is not the sharpest..." Opal acknowledged the woman, eyeing her carefully as if analyzing this one as Jomei's significant other. But what of that smile? Opal would not stir the drama wand and pretended not to notice anything amiss.

It was a Godsend they would not be expediting themselves upon such a rickety craft that had previously presented itself. The raven haired woman was helped into the boat of a much larger size to house the company of four as she stood in the middle and crossed her arms over her chest and stared forward. She had expected oars on either side of the boat, but it seemed Jomei was navigating himself to the back where there was a makeshift cockpit of sorts. So the boat ran with a rudder rather than manual labor, "Looks like you two lucked out..." Opal smirked, her earlier comment on the men having to use the oars to paddle them across to the larger lake area. Sweeping hair once more from her amber eyes, the woman moved slightly out of the way of Jomei's vision so he could get them started and hopefully not crash.

"You have driven these before, I hope? Unless you wish to become Wyvern food, I highly advise you not doing anything that will cause me distress upon this vessel. Should my armor become tainted, you will feel all of my wrath, Jomei," It was a playfully toned voice in every syllable as she spoke to him, but he knew full well that her threats could easily be backed up if needed. With a hand outstretched before her, the flicker of light revealed the massive blade donned in its saya. The woman shifted it over her shoulder and smiled to Calrex, "How is Tearye doing? I have not spoken or seen from her since the meeting. I hope things are well with her and the both of you." 

Edited by Opal

"Heh, I wish I had a suit of armor that could fit in a pocket. That sounds like it could come in handy, or be very very heavy. But yes, it's likely the quest might have changed locations from where I've taken it in the past. Back then I believe the field boss spawned int the shallower areas of the floor, but now it seems like this one will be in an actual lake."

Looking over as Jomei situated himself in the boat Calrex made note of the fact it was being powered by technology which was likely not considered common, at least if the game was trying to stick to the general theme and time of each floor, "Well, it certainly doesn't seem completely matching for the theme, but if it means less work for us I'm all for it."

Once the ginger-haired player had gotten familiarized enough with the controls the bluenette carefully stepped into the vessel once their two lady companions got on, making sure not to put too much weight on either foot for danger of tipping the boat over. After doing so he moved up to farthest seat forward, drawing the Grand Blade II and setting it on his lap, "I'll go ahead and keep a look out for the sea wyvern once it spawns."

Hearing Opal's inquiry he directed his attention over to her with a friendly smile, "She's doing alright. We actually got married not too long ago, but she's been busy taking care of some things on the lower floors. Other than that, things have been about the same and generally hunky-dory."

So, it was from Grave's shop she had seen her. Then she rembered the name from her and Grave's talk at that cafe back then.''Oh right. Now I see why Grave had a cr...'' she stopped in her sentence, thou a little to late for the other mature players would understand what she was gonna say. Maybe Grave didnt wanted someone else to hear it and have told her by trusting her that she wouldnt spread the word. She looked at the three players that was her party-members today.''Please dont say to Grave I said this. I dont want him to believe he cant trust me.''

There was a bigger boat that the four companions was gonna use to get to the wyern. Jomei was the first one in and he seemed to find some mechanic, which made stering the boat beeing a one man job. He stretched out his hand to help her get in. Without her armour it wouldnt have been any trouble to jump in on her own, but she havent done it with a heavy armour equiped before. So she gladly took it and succeded to get into the boat without any accidents. She kept her eyes on the boat all the time to avoid looking at Jomei. She then sat down at the side, leaning her crossed arms on the rail and looked over the still water infront of them. She let out a sigh.

She herd the woman threaten Jomei, thou she herd the playful tone in her voice. She turned around so she sat straigth and leaned her back at the rail. She took forth a potion and started to throw it up a few inches and grabbing it again. It was a round bottle with thick slime green liquid inside. She cleared her throath.''I suggest you dont make that threat. Maybe I accidentally gonna miss to catch this. And accidentally it lands in front of you. I think Calrex and Jomei recognize it. It gonna get pretty ugly.'' she said and smirked at the vice-commander.

Jomei sighed and felt a bead of sweat drip down his cheek "I-I wish it were that easy. Its not motorized..." After the rope was freed and the boat began to float on its own, Jomei took hold of the lever that connected to the rudder that sat under the water behind the boat. The man began to push and pull the level, back and forth, causing the underwater fin to sway back and forth, moving the boat forward. The whole process was a bit more tiring that he'd thought, and he knew in the real world, his arm would be numb by the end of the trip. "It works like the fish... the rudder acts like a fin that moves back and forth, pushing the boat through the water." he spoke through grunts as he made the boat move forward slowly. "Theres another two 'fins' on the back corners that are used to steer.. I've seen one or two before. But they're not very common." he chuckled at Opal's question. "It is my first time operating one though. So let's hope for the best." 

"Z-Zandra you don't need to use that.. she's only kidding." Jomei said, trying to keep Zandra from using the potion she held in her hands. The girl was rather quiet.. and it upset Jomei. Especially since she was barely talking to him in the slightest. Jomei looked at the front of the boat, making sure that they were on the right path, not heading towards any trees or other obstacles. His green eyes then moved back to the noirette, "Zan. Can I talk to you?" He hoped the girl would actually take up his request to talk, and not be distant as she had been, "Why aren't you talking to me? Was there something I did to make you upset?" The man's eyes were sad as they looked into her's, a frown upon his face. 

An idle threat made by a woman met with an equal tone. Amber eyes examined the object that was tossed up in the air a few times as Zandra made her threat. Opal had only taken to smile from her and looked back over the horizon, "I don't have time to waste on idle threats from little girls...I had expected something better from Jomei." The woman's inwards thoughts had drift away as Calrex spoke and in the middle Jomei had wanted to speak with the woman. There seemed to be some sort of problem between the two and Opal walked a few inches closer to the front of the boat to allow them both to talk without prying ears.

"That's good to hear, Calrex. I am glad you are both doing well. And congratulations on your betrothal. I suppose if this game has taught anyone, you can still find pleasure in the company of the people and even find romance amongst the hell that was created. For as many bad things that have happened here, the loss of comrades and the daunting tasks of clearing floors we are able to have a kind of happiness. I believe it is the only thing now that is keeping us human. With the new update as well with tiered equipment, I believe we can clear floors more easily now. Updates are always keeping us on our toes, that's for certain."

Opal once more folded her arms over her chest, the ornate saya hugging her body as she did so, bronze gaze set out to the waters in front of her. She did not enjoy rickety boats such as thing, despite it being the larger vessel of the two, she still felt uneasy on the craft. As their conversation had come to a close, Opal only slightly titled her head to catch any words from the two behind her, but thought it best not to eavesdrop on their conversation. 

"I wonder what he sees in her..."she muttered under her breath. There would be no denying that she was probably jealous of the relationship. She had eyes on Jomei in the past but perhaps her brazen acts upon him that night had sent a clear signal that she was not the woman for him.  Despite it not being the trigger, it was his forlorn love for another that kept his mind and heart away from her. But he seemed to find solace in Zandra, she should be happy for him...should be. Matters of the heart were still unknown to the Vice Commander and while Teselmar seemed to be her anchor, there was still hazy thoughts of unknown elements added to the feelings.

Digits gripped her own arm as her face contorted slightly from these thoughts, she was gnawing on her bottom lip for the better half of her inner conversation while these calm thoughts began to turn to tempest feelings as she finally gave an audible sigh, "I really need to kill something right now..." she muttered, feeling the weight of burden from her earlier thoughts only to be sated by the use of her blade.

Calrex looked over as he made note of Jomei's actions after Zandra spoke, giving a small sigh as he continued keep an eye out from the front, "Well, that certainly didn't seem to go over the way it was intended, I think."

With his ginger-headed friend speaking with his significant other in private the bluenette looked as he gave a welcome smile to Opal as she walked over, striking up/continuing the exchange they had going only a few moments ago, "Yeah, no kidding, heh. To be honest, if it weren't for having Teayre at my side I probably wouldn't have blown through the player level as fast as I did. I want to try and keep her safe, and of course in order to do that requires the strength and skill to accompany it. However, it seems with the recent updates I gained a bit of a boost, as well as a drain on my capabilities compared to before. I certainly can't take as many hits, but I've still got more than enough defense and extra health combined to make up for it."

As the boat continued forward he continued to calmly observe their surrounding. It was certainly a different sight than when he and Azide took a smaller boat down a river inside of the settlement's borders. Of course back then they ended up tangling with a enormous angler fish which was capable of firing lightning blasts at them. This one, with Jomei at the rudder and their team of four, seemed just are relaxing, even though they were in the realm of the field boss.

"The only thing we have to worry about is if the creature will actually scale up to a stronger level, like what happened with my and Dameon the past few times. I hope that guy is doing alright. He certainly seemed to have the displeasure of being spotted constantly by gaming fans that recognized him."

Zandras smirk disapeard when she herd Jomeis comment."Oh sorry. I was too. But nevermind."she threw the bottle over her shoulder. It didnt took long until the potion was no longer seen in the dark water. Then she turned around and leaned on the rail again, scouting over the lake. Not only to look for threats, but also so she didnt needed to take eye-contact.'Maybe I shouldnt have come after all.' She thougth and let out a quiet sigh. Then Jomei wanted to talk to her."Ehm... Not the best times to do it now. I easily gets sea-sick. More safe to stay like this."she quickly lied. That way she wouldnt have to face anyone of them until they reach land again. The other two party members started to have their own conversation. She hoped they would let in Jomeo now when his partner was unable to talk for the moment. She looked at the huge area of water. She took a deep breath, not feeling even close to be sea-sick."It will be better when we start to fight." She quietly mumbled to herself.

The man was relieved to see Zandra was apparently joking as well, and he heaved a sigh of relief when the girl disposed of the potion over the side of the boat. He felt bad for any monsters in that water if that thing opened. His gaze moved from the two women to the back of the boat to make sure that they were making progress. It was a tougher task he had to admit, but nothing that he could not handle. Turning his head the man set his eyes forward again, making his movements cautious so he did not crash into any trees, rocks, or land. "We probably could have taken to the forests and gone out on foot.. but this seems to be a much quicker route.. I think."

The man had called Zandra over to speak about what was wrong.. hell even just to sit with her. However the girl refused, saying that she got sea sick easily, and would prefer to stay put. Jomei looked at her with sad eyes, not sure whether to believe her or not, "..right." he just said plainly, pretty upset at the whole situation. His eyes looked towards the front of the boat where Opal and Calrex were standing and chatting, At least the two of them seem be to doing alright.. He shook his head, they had a big fight coming up and he needed to get over this situation. Though..with how he felt.. that would be pretty tough.

Jomei's eyes scanned the horizon in front of them.. it didn't seem like there was any sign of where this boss could be. If it were so big,  then why could he not see or hear it? And what of the storm that he heard about. "I have a bad feeling about this..." Jomei muttered to himself, moving his legs slightly so that his rapier was more easily accessible. The man then heard something rustling to his right, to which he turned to look. What he saw.. he was surprised he did not see it earlier. Pretty much camouflaged in the trees and bushes was some large creature, a piercing yellow eye looking out at them. Before he had a chance to let the rest of his group know, the beast opened its large jaw, its teeth like like lightning rods, jolts of electricity jumping from tooth to tooth, and a chain of lightning struck the boat, knocking the boat and its passengers onto the swampy ground on the side of the river.

Jomei opened his eyes and wiped his face clean of the mud, seeing all of his friends do the same, behind them, their capsized boat, engulfed in flames from the lightning strike. Jomei quickly got up and ran over to his friends to make sure they were all alright, before his eyes caught glimpse of the the beast that caused this, now standing at full height and walking towards them. It was the wyvern, the field boss that they were looking for. Jomei scowled at the giant reptile and reached his hand across his body to pull out Saint Andrew's Bane. "You picked the wrong man to mess with today asshole." Jomei shouted at the sea dragon in a voice filled with anger. Without waiting for his friends and coming up with a plan of attack, he trudged through the swampy ground to make his attack.

Jomei's boot dug into the mud, making it slightly harder to run at his max speed. He approached what remained of their water craft and jumped upwards, using a part where there were no flames as a spring board to leap higher at the Wyvern's head. Soaring through the air, the man cocked his arm back, the blackened point of his rapier pointing forward. Just before he could land his attack, the Wyvern opened its mouth again, letting out another huge wave of lightning. This time, however, it did not strike the boat, but they players themselves. It hit Jomei with a direct hit, stopping him in mid air, causing his body to twitch and contort ad the electricity passed through his body. As if human lightning rods, the electricity chained through him and to the others in the group. Jomei's scorched body fell back to the earth, splashing into the murky river below him, and sinking to the bottom. 

ID 47709
BD 1
MD 9 (97 dmg to all)
CD 11

Jomei: 81/153 (35/37) -(97-25 = 72 dmg)
Opal:  
Calrex:
Zandra:

Sea Wyvern: 500/500
Dmg: 96
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, its lightning strike will chain and strike the entire party for full damage.
Due to the muddy waters of the swamp, movement has been hindered and all players receive -2 to evasion. 

"Blown through? How much stronger has he got compared to last time?" Eyes were straight ahead as the boat moved through the swampy river. The mere sight of the water casting reflecting gloom upon the woman's face with disgust. She sighed, arms still folded over her chest with the saya safely kept within her grasp as she stared out into the foreseeable end to this river ride. Calrex continued on from her previous question, amber eyes sought out his own as he explained the situation that the two were in helping one another out to get stronger, but more so for her sake. It was an admirable trait, but was that all he was fighting for? She gave off a ruby lipped smile but said no words further. They had to prepare for combat, "Well I am suspecting that you take lead, Calrex, draw its attention whi--" 

Opal was unable to finish off her sentence, instead her body felt was thrown to the muddy shores to where the massive Wyvern would make their graves. A face full of dirt and darkened marsh water filled her mouth as the woman slowly peeled her body out of the disgusting and festering swamp water. There was a loud ringing in her ear, and her vision blurred from the frantic motions of the swaying Wyvern. Through blurred eyes she watched as the so called leader of the Velvet Room make a dash for the creature. Opal only on her knees now was watching the events unfold, "Pull back you idiot!" she roared with all the energy she could muster, why was he heading into the maw of the unknown while the group was still collecting itself after its sneak attack? The woman wobbled as her feet sloshed from the muddy waters, her amber eyes burned from the muck as she swept a hand over her face riding some of the gross dirt from her complexion. Jomei, that fool, had started the battle and no one was prepared, even worse...

Harsh charge of energy ran through her body dropping her to her knees again. Opal gave a horrified scream as she slouched over, her HP bar taking a massive hit as the Wyvern forced another chain reaction of energy down upon them. The woman's vision crackled lightly, the harsh reality that she might die here because a [censored] idiot couldn't keep his head from his ass and stay calm. Instead, he would let lose his rampage on the Swamp Lord and end up failing in his miserable attempt. 

Opal flicked through her menu, teeth gritted with both anger and bitter content for the ginger player and his selfish actions. Bringing up one of her potions, she crushed the crystal in her grasp allowing a green mist to envelope the players healing them for a saddening 25 HP. Not enough to help recover from the last bolt of death placed upon them. 

Finally able to stand up on her own, the woman looked to her left and right as Calrex and Zandra recovered from the treacherous act as well, her eyes narrowed with an almost deep hatred for the player as she crossed him, her sword in her hand shaking with her seething nature, "We will break words if we [censored] survive this..." through gritted teeth she spoke to him. She had never felt so angry or frustrated at someone until this point in the game, but she would keep herself calmed down. She would not allow the foolishness of one player jeopardize the rest of the group for a mistake that should not have happened. Bringing up her inventory once more, a silver vial appeared in her hand, as she crushed it against her body giving her an ominous silver aura. She was now <<Safeguarded>> for the next attack. Her eyes were blank as stared at the Wyvern, equal hatred to share upon Jomei's misfortune. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Jomei: 106/153
Opal:  72/132 [Safeguard]
EN: 31/33
Sword Art: 

Calrex: +25 HP Recov
Zandra: + 25 HP Recov

BD: 2+3 = 5 Miss [Use of Crystal and Potion]
ID: 47760
Notes: +25 HP All [Mass Recovery Crystal], +1 Safeguard on Opal

Sea Wyvern: 500/500

Edited by Opal

ID: 47785
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated / <<Charge/Bull Rush>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 47 Remaining)

"Where in the world is thi..."

Before Calrex had a chance to react he suddenly saw the creature they were looking for, except it was certainly of a much larger size and fiercer appearance than the past two times he had fought the field boss, "Shoot, it must have scaled up again to match our party's average level!"

As the entire vessel was knocked to the muddy bank the bluenette got to his feet, seeing that his clothing had been saturated with the thick mud of the riverbank, "Well, so much for high evasiveness. This was certainly a problem like last time."

Hearing Jomei's battle cry he looked over to see the ginger take first attempt at striking, "Wait ho..."

His sentence was interrupted by the powerful lightning strike the wyvern unleashed upon them as he saw each of his teammates get the chained bolt striking them. Gritting his teeth he gave a calming breath as smoke and steam seeped off of his head, "Alright then. Let's hit this thing with all we've got. The weakness of this creature is its lack of mitigation. If we strike with our all it will fall quickly!"

Focusing his senses on the sea dragon Calrex rushed forward as he executed <<Charge>>, becoming a blur as he quickly closed the distance before he saw the creature try to move, "I'm not letting you get away.."

A flash of light could be seen for a second before it appeared like there were two wyverns in the river, the result of Calrex's <<Disguise>> skill triggering and mirroring the field boss. Temporarily distracted by the maneuver, the real monster left and opening as the illusion faded, the bluenette emerging and unleashing <<Meteor Break>>.

The opening tackle slammed into the crest of the wyven before the shining golden sword rapidly cut through, knocking away over a quarter of the creature's health. With his final strike Calrex unleashed a helm splitter slash, triggering his Bull Rush skill mod. The combination of techniques proved successful as the Ultramarine Knight dealt a significant amount of damage, as well as stunning the wyvern.

HP List
Jomei: 106/153 
   Energy: 32/32

Opal:  72/132 [Safeguard]
   Energy: 31/33

Calrex: 225/267
   Energy: 47/58 (-11)

Zandra: + 25 HP Recov
   Energy: 33/33

Enemies:
Sea Wyvern: 313/500 (13+3+1 DMG * 11 Art = 187 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

Zandra leaned on the railing, looked at the mud they was traveling thru. She thougth about how she had acted towards Jomei. She guessed that the other two probably think she was acting like a bitch. Calrex already knew who she was so it dosent mattered that much. Maybe he thougth she just had a bad day or something. But Opal, this was the first time they met. They have seen eachother before but ot realy met like now. And its the first expression that is the most important. She decided to apologise and then, then what? Hopefully she was gonna come up with something. Just when she was gonna turn around, the mud came up against her. Is this water alive? Next second she realised it wasnt the water that came towards her, it was she that came towards the water since the whole boat was thrown over by some strong power.

She pushed herself up, wiping off some of the mud from her face. She saw the other also was soaked in mud.''Oh, what happene...'' then she spotted what must have been the reason for making them losing their vehicle. A huge wyern was standing infront of them. Next thing she saw was how Jomei darted forward against it.''No Jomei wait!'' then she saw him jumping from the boat and towards it. But before he couldland a hit, he got hit by lightning from the wyern. It was so strong it stopped him in midair and he fell down in the water.''NOOOOOOOO!!!!'' Zandra screamed with eyeswide open when she started to head towards him. Thou thanks to the water it wasnt very fast. Thou she havent taken many steps before she got hit herself. An 'ouch' left her lips when she stopped from the attack that had chained from Jomei.

Zandra looked up and saw that both Calrex and Opal had been striked as well. Opal healed up using a mass heal crystal as well as protecting herself with a safeguard. Then Calrex jumped in for the attack, not only damaging the wyern quite alot, but also stunning it. She took a look at her whip but then shaked her head.''Not today.'' she whipered to it. Then she closed her eyes, consentrated to activate her <First Aid skill>. She calmed down and tried to remeber all her training at the cathedral. When she opened her eyes again, they now had a blue colour. When she felt she had it ready, she added the field medic mod to it as well. She felt a strange power.''May the blessing of Dwayna shine upon you!'' she said and from sunbeams shined on the four party members. Zandra saw everyones health increase. Then she took a deep breath and let the other do the damage dealing.

ID: 47808
BD: Ignored since First Aid
CD: 11+3=14 Success +Field medic

Jomei: 136/153 +30 HP Field medic
Opal: 98/132 +26 HP Field medic
Calrex: 225/267 +53-11(full HP)=42 HP Field medic
Zandra: 144/144 (32/36) +28-13(full HP)=17 HP Field medic

Sea wyern: 313/500

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei slowly felt himself slipping in and out of consciousness as the remaining electricity passed through his body, causing his arms and legs to twitch as his body slowly sunk to the bottom of the river. All that was going through his mind was if his friends were okay, and how he had just made a complete fool out of himself, putting everyone in danger. He felt a lump in his throat, which at first he thought it was guilt and sadness.. but soon after he realized. He was drowning. The man's eyes shot open, his ginger hair floating in all directions around him as he tried to take in a breath, but instead received a mouthful of water. Soon after, a large clawed foot pierced the water, a curious Jomei looked up to see what was going on. He could not make out much from the density of the murky liquid, but he saw the Wyvern was right above him. Turning his body and planting his feet on the ground, he activated both his charge skill and Flashing Penetrator. As the system took over, Jomei shot upwards like a rocket, creating the sound of a sonic boom as the man propelled from the water like a missile. With his rapier taking the lead, the Irishman pierced straight through the mouth of the sea beast, entering from the bottom of its chin, and exiting in between its nostrils and eyes. The man's body flipped in the air before crashing into the ground near the overturned sea craft, coughing and gagging as his body tried to expel the water in his lungs.

ID 47850
BD 2(+4)(+1 LM) = 7
MD Stunned
Flashing Penetrator: 11x13(+2 Charge + 1 Ferocity) = 176 dmg

Jomei: 136/153 (25/37)
Opal: 98/132 (31/33)
Calrex: 225/267 (47/58)
Zandra: 144/144 (32/36) 

Sea Wyvern: 137/500 (Stunned until next turn)
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, its lightning strike will chain and strike the entire party for full damage.
Due to the muddy waters of the swamp, movement has been hindered and all players receive -2 to evasion. 

Opal's amber eyes were narrowed to harsh slits at the predator of the swamp. They had taken a mighty blow from the creature and were shaken, but thanks to Zandra and her medic support line, she was able to bring them back up to healthy levels of HP once more. Calrex had also taken his turn to alleviate some of the burden from their arms as his sword art took hold and spanned across the enormous sea lizard. The wyvern had come to a halt, stunned from the attack that was put to it. The status effect held true through the remainder of the fight, making the Predator of Floor 13 in the prey of their assault force. 

Sweeping wet strands of ebony from her face, the woman produced the Masamune X from its sleeping chamber. The long blade pulsated with an ivory aura as she kept a tinge of anger coursing through her blood boiling veins. As soon as everyone was a safe distance away, the woman <<Charged>> in for the final assault. She leapt skywards with her shining blade, the length sweeping over the hardened scales and penetrating the target. The woman bound and ran over its body, another slash to its now penetrable hide as she carved viciously into the spine. The Wyvern fought to throw her off its body as she ran along the side, but due to the status effect continuing to bind the creature down it was unable to produce a fight against her wicked blade. 

As the next slash was sailed through the air, the creature fell over to its side, chunks of its HP disappearing with each of her slashes, until the final strike was laid upon it. Dashing to her right and coming front and center of the injured creature. The woman leapt skywards into the air, the blade hell high above her as she came crashing down for a final chop resolving the <<San Ge>> Sword Art. Like a comet, she fell from the heavens and decimated the final tick of HP the creature had as it slipped out of this world and into oblivion. She landed on her feet, her blade slick with the blood and entrails of the creature as she swept her blade to the side to clean it. It exploded into millions of fragments as she had turned to face Jomei and flashed him an aggressive look. Sheathing her weapon it dematerialized from her hands and back into her inventory. For completing the quest, she had been given a large sum of Skill Points. She quickly dismissed the pop up and moved towards the ginger player as she balled up her fist.

Crack!

Fist met his face, "What the [censored] is wrong with you? Whatever is making you ovulate, you need to get your [censored] together! You nearly got us killed! You almost got me killed! I have plans for my future, but I don't need them ruined by someone who can't keep their emotions in check while in the middle of a serious quest like this. We barely got out of this thanks to Calrex and Zandra for healing us. God damn idiot...This is not the way a leader acts, perhaps it is better for you to disband the Velvet Room...or to at least put it in the hands with someone with a level head." Cracking the knuckles in her hand she turned on the ball of her feet.

"I'm sorry for hitting you, but perhaps you will use it as a wake up call next time. Calrex was our tank, and we were going to lead with him. I had held you in such high regards, Jomei." The woman shook her head and moved towards the others.

"Thank you both for the help today, this is one quest that I will forever be reminded of... Calrex, should you ever need another partner or something, feel free to ring my bell. Same with you Zandra, I'm sorry I hit your boyfriend...But he needed it if you asked me. Putting the party in danger like that..." the woman shook her head, "I'll find my way out. I'll see you guys later." The woman gave a small wave and passed by the others taking her leave from the field of battle. 

It was a long day...

<<Battle Engaged>>

Jomei: 136/153 (25/37)
Opal: 98/132 (20/33) [Safeguard]
Sword Art: San Ge || 12 EN || 144 Dmg

Calrex: 225/267 (47/58)
Zandra: 144/144 (32/36) 

ID: 47887
BD: 4+3 = 7
LD: 1 ;_: Sorry. 
Notes:

Sea Wyvern: Dead/500

Edited by Opal

"Well, that's done and ove..."

As Calrex resehathed the Grand Blade II he heard the sound of a connecting blow, turning around in surprise. Of course it was in the wake of the attack that he had glanced over, but it was easy to tell that Opal had apparently gone over and smacked Jomei in the face. He felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as the raven-haired woman spoke harshly, giving a small sigh as he shook his head, "I don't think this is exactly gonna help the situation. At the least we're all still alive after that opening surprise attack."

With the exchange over he gave a nod as their katana-wielding teammate walked off, "Sure thing, I'll catch you around Opal."

Giving a small sigh like he had just emerged from a sauna he walked over to the ginger-haired player, giving him a pat on the back, "You alright? Don't worry too badly about that. I'm sure she might be a bit heated up over the way things turned out. Unfortunately I don't think any of us were able to foresee that attack incoming. If anything, we got out unscathed and the quest completed."

Looking over at Zandra he gave a friendly nod, "In any case, with the distance we got pushed out from the settlement we've got some ground to cover. Feeling good enough to start making our way back?"

Zandra stood in the water. Seemed almost stunned since she didnt moved a muscle. She had straight back with head tilted a little bit forward. There her ruby eyes stared at her palm that she held with almost straigth arms and her mouth sligthly open. She herd that the other spoke, thou it sounded like a sourl far away. It was the first time ever she had used that mod, and she had no idea how it looked before. That she made those sunbeams appear. And even if the healing wasnt required since the creatire got stunned, she had healed up her teammates to safety limits, just in case. After a minute or two she returned to reality. Then she saw the other female was gone and Jomei had red crystals in his face."Oh, what have happened to your face?" Then Calrex suggestef that they should head back to town."Sounds like a good idea."

Edited by Zandra Zvift