PP-F5: Strike Team Assemble

OOC: This will be our first strike team training thread. Whoever can boost their LD the highest, that would be good so we can find the more rewarding sub-dungeons. In the meantime, we'll just adventure. We're beginning in Armadillo and then heading out into El Perdido. Also, at the bottom of your opening posts please include your battle stats.

Mack stood under one of the many brightly colored cloth awnings that littered the main plaza and thoroughfares of the town of Armadillo, the main settlement on the fifth floor of Aincrad. This particular awning happened to be in a shade of light red, which cast everything beneath it into a slightly reddish light. Happily, as the awning was a front for one of the many taverns in town, Mack was able to wait on the rest of the strike team to assemble with his hand wrapped firmly around a frothy mug of ale. The ale was the only thing making the oppressive and hateful heat of the floor even slightly bearable for the time being anyway. Well, the ale and the fact that he was standing in the shade of the awning. 

Silently, the hulk of an axeman stood with hooded eyes, watching over the portal plaza and waiting for the rest of the team to assemble. Grave and Beoreson were warriors with whom Mack was already well acquainted, as they had both previously been members of the Crimson Blades' leadership council. Hirru was another man with whom Mack was familiar, though Hirru had never opted to join the Blades when they had been an active guild the man had apparently changed his opinions on guilds, joining the Knights of the Blood Oath at the same time as Mack and the other Blades had been folded in to form the basis of a strike team within the Knights. Selecting Hirru for the Strike Team had been an obvious choice. The final member of their team was a man by the name of Macradon. Mack wasn't overly familiar with Macradon, but he had come highly recommended by a few other members of the Knights and that was good enough for Mack. 

Today they would embark on their first exercise as a team, figure roles out within the framework of the Strike Team, and select a name for the squad. Mack already suspected that they were going to be woefully short on healers, which might prove problematic on higher floors, and he suspected they might be a bit light on tanks as well. Those were problems that could be addressed later on, as they arose, or perhaps they would simply mean that the team always opted for dealing maximum damage to simply overwhelm enemies with sheer numbers instead of worrying about actual strategy. After all, the Zerg Rush was a long time tested and proven stratagem, even if it wasn't exactly elegant. Silent and sentinel-like, Mack sipped on his ale and waited for the others to arrive.

STATS:

Damage: 13
Regen.: 54
Mit.: 66

All my equipment is Tier 2. If you can use T2 equipment and need some, let me know. I can tank, but I do NOT have howl... so keep that in mind.

Edited by Mack

Beoreson picks himself up off the stone of his store to see that he has a message from Mack. He “reads” it and goes to report in to his squad leader. Beoreson shows up to the dust bowl called, “Armadillo” and spots Mack instantly. Granted, it wasn’t very hard to spot the giant. The warrior walks over still dressed in his winter plate. He waves over to the red haired man and walks over to him.

Stats:

Damage: 5

Regen:*Base so 3?*

Mit: 18

Edited by Beoreson

Another flash of light would follow, the jade hunter would appear behind his brethren.  He had been busy among the lower floors, while trying to gain a better foot hold in levels.  Unfortunately, he had come to the stopping point for experience with lower leveled creatures.  Nothing he fought there would give him much, anymore.  Even after everything that has been happened to this point, one would think that the hunter was ready for this moment.  To finally be a part of an actual team.  There wasn't any more random people that needed his help, but the friends that he had made quite some time ago.

Clad in his crimson half-plate, Sorrow, the hunter raised his hand in the air, in front of him.  A slight twist of the wrist would give his greeting.  It wouldn't be until he was directing in front of Mack that he would speak.

"Hirru, reporting as ordered."

Spoiler

Stats:

DMG: 7 (Depending if I can get either of my other quests done, this may turn into an 8)

MIT: 7

RGN: 27

ACC: 2

EVA: 1

Search: 1 LD

Edited by Hirru

Macradon sat in his chair on the first floor in his shop, rocking back and forth. He wasn't sure of what today was gonna be, he just hoped something entertaining would appear. As he kept on rocking back and forth he slowly fell to sleep. He dreamed about the dungeon he was in once, a big underground cave with bioluminescent fungi and  big fingu creatures that would attack everyone coming down into their cave. Not only were there these weird small fungi, the big guy of the dungeon also came present, a much bigger fungi. All the fingu men attacked Macradon and before he knew it he woke up from his sleep. He would look at the clock to make sure he hadn't been sleeping for too long. A message notification appeared in front of Macradon, sent to him by Mack, his team leader. He would open it up and look through it, it seemed reasonable that they were heading for a dungeon, and oddly satisfying and fitting for Macradon's dream.

"Well, they did say that we were going on a dungeon raid" he said as he would get up from his comfortable chair and lock up his shop. He would look at the coordinates given in the message, as simple as it was, it was on the 5th floor in the Armadillo. Macradon would enter the tavern-ish building and spot his teammates. Mack, the leader, Hirru and Beoreson. "Hey there" he said as he would approach. His armor clang as he walked, wearing his uniform for any field actions. His helmet on, his halfplate on, his poleyn, demi-greaves on and his vambraces. All decked out top to toe. "Seems like we only need Grave then" he said and would sit down at the table.

- Stats -
Damage: 12
Mitigation: 61
Energy: 26
Regen: 18
Recovery: 2
Search: +1 (When wearing robes)

OOC:
Should also point out to you guys still using Athletics to boost your damage. Athletics isn't a skill anymore and you will get those SP refunded for what it once costed. Now Athletics is a Mod you can purchase whenever you have Expert [Category] armor.
And Hirru, how come you have 25 Regen? Your signature states +1 Regen, meaning 9.

In a flash of light, Lawfer materialized in the town of Armadillo. The heat of the sun was felt the moment the golden haired man came to his senses. A bead of sweat began to form as he quickly wiped it way with his right hand. Using the same hand he reached out and opened his interface to the map. He had heard that Mack had created a new strike force, with the blades and other members and wanted a chance to redeem himself after his long absence. Keeping an eye out for the red giant he walked back and forth throughout the make shift tent until he happened upon the red awning that his guild master was under. Pulling back his hood he cracked a grin. "Hey Big Boss Man." Lawfer stated as he took a free seat next to the man under the red awning. Looking around the make shift pub he could see the other members of the newly formed strike team of the Knights of the Blood Oath. "I know I went awol for a bit, but I would like to resume my duties and join your team again. " The golden haired spear bearer stated as he looked over to the hulking giant. 

Stats:
DMG: 7
MIT: 12
Search: +2

Yeah... it is never fun to have to wake up early to go to 'work' on a day you planned to lounge around on, but I guessed work is work, duty is duty, there was not any getting out of it. Before leaving the Diner, I performed a series of stretches, something I did not often do unless I meant to slack off... it was obvious I was not well prepared, but I planned on doing my best nonetheless. With Hikari slung around my waist like an amber, furry belt, I made my way to the teleporter, yawning here and there, until finally my feet touched down on the grey slab. "Teleport... Arma... dillo..." I yawned, before the azure aura swarmed my body and began to transport me to the location of the strike team meet up Mack had planned.

It did not take me very long to find the small gathering of familiar faces, especially with the hulking, flame haired figure drinking a mug of booze. "I apologize for turning up late... had not exactly planned on coming out of my hidey hole today..."

Stats:

HP: 64

NRG: 16

Regen: 6 HP, 1 NRG

DMG: 8

EVA: 2

ACC: 2

MIT: 9

Thorns: 7

Edited by Grave

One by one as the members of the Strike Team assembled in the prearranged meeting spot Mack greeted them over the rim of his mug of beer. Slowly the group coalesced until, at last, the final member of the team joined the party. Somewhat ruefully, and wholly silently, Mack considered the fact that their entire six person team was completely devoid of any female presence, at least for the time being. The massive red-headed man considered for a moment if perhaps that said something a touch sexist or misogynistic about him as a leader. Then he shrugged it off. After all, he had offered Jevi a spot and she hadn't chosen to take him up on it so far. 

"Alright, you all know why you're here. The simple fact of the matter is that we, currently, make up the entire Strike Team of the Knights of the Blood Oath, with whom the Crimson Blades have combined," Mack began, pausing for a moment to toss back the remainder of the beer and wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. "A fair few of our number are not ready to take on the front lines and boss raids, today we begin rectifying that problem. In an ideal world, this team would be made up of two tanks, three glass cannons, and a healer. I don't think any of you are healers, and I won't tell you how to build your skills. That's for each man to decide for himself, just something to think about. For now, I can tank, but you'll have to let me land a few hits first, I don't have howl."

"Now, before we head off to search out this dungeon we need to settle on a name. Personally, I'm partial to retaining the Crimson Blades name for our strike team, but I'm also open to suggestions and putting it to a vote. We also need to settle on a second in command for the team," Mack rumbled. "So, let's hear it."

"I'm all for keeping our name.” states the warrior with a slight grin. "I'm not at a high enough level to claim anything power here so, I say we go by strength for now.” recommends the warrior as he ponders it for a bit. This was probably the vaguest answer that Beoreson had ever given Mack. It seemed like he just thought up something on the spot to help get the conversation going. The black cloaked warrior was once again a fish out of water.

"I don't really mind, I just feel like the outsider" he said with a chuckle, of course still being a tema with the others, but not from their former guild. It sounded reasonable for them to keep their old name as their team name, Macradon wouldn't mind really. A name for the elite strike force would be nice, instead of just saying Elite Strike Force all the time. A name would be fantastic. He would think about the name "Crimson Blades doesn't sound that bad, and it has some red to it" he would think for himself as he would try to see if there were anything he didn't like strike team to be named.

With discussions underway, the hunter seemed to be listening in on everything that needed to be said.  For the most part, his side of things were not like they used to be.  He wasn't going to sit on the sidelines, and watch the people he knew vanish again.  He would play an active role in this team, but a hunter can only do so much.  While everyone was deliberating about a name, the hunter was thinking about things to come.

"When it comes to names, the Crimson Blades still give a sound of reckoning.  We should stick to it."

Having said what he wanted, the jade hunter crossed his arms with one raising his hand to his chin, in a contemplative manner.  What kind of training is Mack going to be starting them off with?  He wasn't really around for the original Blades, so he didn't really get to see how he trained the recruits.  In the meantime, the thoughts were also towards the coming future.  Most of the team was not front-lines capable yet, including himself.  He was going to continue his monster hunt, while going through the training portions.

The tavern's heavy ash door would swing inwards, a tall bearded man dressed in commoners clothes glances around the room. After a moment, the figure would spot Mack out from the crowd and noise, picking his way through the clustered players to reach the table. Smiling as he reached them, hair unruly as ever he apologises. "Sorry, I got a little lost on the way here.. It's been a while since I was in town." After a second, the stranger pulls up another seat and plonks himself down on it with a sigh. "I'm Ethereal, don't think I've seen most of you around." Eth then patiently listens in, figuring out what they had been talking about before he sort of barged in.

Current Stats | Expected Stats once my gear comes in

DMG: +12

HP: 125

MIT: 20 | 38

Thorns: 0 | 36

BD: +2 | +3

LD: +1

Heavy Momentum: +2 | 0

Edited by Ethereal

Lawfer looked around at the group that had formed, judging by the tone, he could tell that he was one of the lowest level’s of the bunch. That’s what he got for disappearing into the wilderness for a few months and not practicing. As he continued to look around he noticed the final addition of the group, who sat down and introduced himself as Ethereal. Mack question about the name still danced around in the spear-bearers head. He had enjoyed his time as a Blade, but were was some fun to be had in this process, for him at least.

“Well.... I'd like to put my vote in for Mack and His Merry Men? Or Crimson Storm? Or The Strike Team formerly known as Prince… Or we can just stick to Crimson Blades. But if you really want me to keep going, I thought up about 15 more.” Lawfer said with a laugh as he looked around the group. With the lack of female's around, he didnt really see a point to not be semi-serious, but then again, he was never really serious if there were women around anyways.

Mack listened to the offered options for the name of their strike team, considering them for each. It sounded as if the most popular option was going to be to retain the Crimson Blades name, something he was perfectly alright with. "Alright, we'll retain the Crimson Blades name for the strike team. Remember, though, that you are Knights of the Blood Oath first, Blades second. We have merged with the Knights and we don't need to get a feud started between ourselves and the rest of the guild... even if we are going to be the elite players here once I get done with you all."

"I also agree with the sentiment that we should handle rank, for the time being, by strength," he continued, looking around the group and acknowledging Ethereal's late entrance. All things considered, that meant that his lieutenant for the Blades would be a newcomer, which would promote a sense of unity and a sense of promotions being given based on merit rather than based on the length of time that Mack had known someone. Also a good thing. "Macradon, that makes you my Lieutenant for the Blades. Now, if there's no further business let's move out." With that, Mack shouldered Invictus over his right shoulder, threw back what remained of his beer, and began heading for the main gate that led out of Armadillo and into the desert.

Edited by Mack

Nodding his head in agreement and understanding, the hunter knew that he wasn't in any position to lead anyone.  If anything, he would help everyone get by, when the chance permits it.  As an actual material hunter, his skills were centralized towards solo battle and treasure hunting.  That made working in a group difficult, but that would probably change with the coming tide.  The enemies were only going to get stronger from then on, and he needed to start relying on his brethren for safety and strength.  As that was, he would gladly stand wherever it seemed fit to.

With the end of the meeting came the period to finally get into action.  The hunter followed behind Mack, as scoping of the desert had eventually made the desert his playground by now.

"And here I was hoping that we would go with Mack and His Merry Men." Lawfer stated with a laugh as he stood to follow his fearless leader and the rest of the crew. It had been sometime since he had been part of a larger party such as this but he was excited none the less. Raising his right hand, he entered his interface and donned his armor. It was the Wolf's Vanguard, an armor that he had borrowed from the Blades sometime ago. It was probably time to retire it for something more fitting for his new position. Looking over to Mack, Lawfer closed his interface and placed his hands behind his head. "So where to big guy?"

I half-slept through most of the conversation, with an obnoxious weasel constantly tap-tap-tapping on my ribs. I managed to form a rough idea of what was going on though; decision on a name and assignment of rank. A familiar, although only vaguely so, voice rang out with a jesting suggestion, and I tiredly smiled as a match lit in my head; Lawfer was back, my old competition with Opal before she had to leave. Before I could even respond to anything that was going on, we had begun moving, Mack taking the lead with his giant axe (a Maxe?) over his shoulder. Hikari crawled her way up to my shoulders and curled around my neck, standing on my collar and half blocking my vision as I drowsily followed the parade.. "Hikari... leave me alone..." I grumbled, before calling above the ranks. "Hey Mack... I would appreciate taking first shot on the first mob we come across... I need something to wake me up..." I drawled loudly and sleepily, bound fists swinging like potato sacks at my sides.

The dark haired warrior nods to Mack and begins to follow. "So, as part of the Knights, do you think we should introduce new regulations?", asks Beoreson. Light starts to stir inside of his hood and isn't very happy that she is being shook up. Beoreson stops with his excessive movement and with a slight growl the pup returns to a peaceful slumber. The warrior keeps his blade at the ready in case there is an ambush of any sorts.

OOC: At the conclusion of this combat, we should be done with the thread. I will be controlling the Wurm King.

"We're off to tackle a particular mob I heard about on this floor, the Wurm King. It should be a good opening test for the Blades. I need to see what everyone can do, and we need to get used to working as a unit," Mack rumbled, as they moved deeper and deeper into the desert. If these were going to be his new, faithful, and loyal Blades then they would need to be tested and their abilities would need to be well known to their leader. "We've got another couple of miles to go. See that sandstorm over there? That's the Wurm King's throne room."

Within a few moments, the group was standing on the outskirts of the sandstorm. Planting the butt cap of Invictus in the sands just beyond the swirling vortex, Mack turned to address them all. "Alright, Grave will be the first one in. I want you to hit the Wurm King with a stunner and your only job is to keep the beast stun locked. We lack a true tank, but Macradon and I will try to draw hate on the beast. I will attack second and stun the creature of Grave misses, Macradon you're third. Provided Grave stuns the creature, everybody should follow with the most powerful sword arts that they have. After Macradon I want Hirru, Beoreson, and Lawfer in that order. Ethereal is our ace in the whole and he will attack last. Don't worry about energy efficiency, worry about killing it. There are seven of us and only one Wurm King. Questions?"

Boss and Environment Notes:

Roll CD - On a Roll of 7 or less take 2 DMG from the Environment (ignore if you have SURVIVAL)

Wurm King - 650 HP, DMG: 15 (He is this big so everyone gets to attack once, hopefully. He does NOT have any DMG Mitigation)

My head perked up at the mension of a monster that would test the team's abilities. "Hm? Wurm King, you say? Sounds like trouble." I responded with a drowsy smirk, still trying to shake off my sleep-deprived state. Hikari dropped down and hung limply on my chest like some kind of tie, swaying back and forh rhythmically and eliciting excited squeaks from the strange creature. My eyes raised to the swirling, raging sandstorm ahead. "His throne room? I am glad I took that quest, then..." I muttered, thankful I picked up <<Survival>>.

Mack spurted the game plan to us, placing me in first spot. The adrenaline was kicking in slowly, waking me up somewhat, and I cracked my knuckles. "One broken skull coming right up." I responded with a wild grin. Mack was ready as back-up in cased I missed, not that I had any plan to. Mac, Hirru, Beor and Lawf were the next four in line, then Ethereal was ready to deal a beat-down at the end. Before we began, Mack asked for questions, and I quickly shot my hand up. "Can I sit in his throne once we are done?" I asked childishly, before turning and breaking into a jog towards the sandstorm, covering Hikari with my coat before I dived forwards, clearing a large portion of the outer 'wall' and rolling into the slightly calmer inside. The huge humanoid-looking sand dragon sat in his gnarly 'throne', ruby-like eyes gazing down at me ferociously. "Oh, I apologize for trespassing, good friend. I am just here to kick some ass and sit in a giant throne." I taunted, <<Survival>> deflecting the rushing sandstorm from my body. With a final hiss, the dragon leapt from its seat and crashed into the sand, kicking up a yellow-brown wave, another hazard that simply washed over me.

"Right, this will only hurt a little." I teased, leaping up into the air. My leg was extended above my head, my hips vertical. My foot caught an electric blue glow as I descended downwards, my azure 'axe' crashing into the dragon's skull, slamming him down into the sand and creating a small crater. A group of stars slowly spun around his head, signifying the stun effect, and I used his head as a springboard, launching myself as close to the 'wall' as possible. "Alright, go ham!" I shouted, hoping the sound would pierce the raging sand wall.

ID: 51793 BD: 7 (5 + 2)

Sword Art Used: Leaping Crane - 8 x 7 = 56 DMG + Stun (10 NRG)

Party (If I get any of your stats wrong, tell me)
[H:1] Grave: 64/64 HP | NRG: 6/16 | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Mack: 125/125 HP | NRG: 30/30 | D: 13 | M: 66
Macradon: 104/104 HP | NRG: 26 | D: 12 | M: 61
Hirru: 84/84 HP | NRG: 21/21 | D: 8 | M: 7 | A: 2 | E: 1
Beoreson: 64/64 HP | NRG: 16/16 | D: 7 | M: 18 | A: 2
Lawfer: 80/80 HP | NRG: 20/20 | D: 7 | M: 12
Ethereal: 105/105 HP | NRG: 25/25 | D: 12 | M: 20 | T: 54 | A: 3

Enemies
Wurm King:
594/650 HP | D: 15 | Stunned

Edited by Grave

ID: 51793 
BD: 
MD: 6 (STUNNED)
LD: 2 (Target: Grave) [1-10: Grave, 11-20 Mack]

Sword Art Used: Dynamic Violence - 4x3x14=168 DMG (12 NRG)

Party (If I get any of your stats wrong, tell me)
[H:1] Grave: 64/64 HP | NRG: 6/16 | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2 
[H:1] Mack: 125/125 HP | NRG: 18/30 | D: 13 | M: 66 | RG: 54
Macradon: 104/104 HP | NRG: 26 | D: 12 | M: 61
Hirru: 84/84 HP | NRG: 21/21 | D: 8 | M: 7 | A: 2 | E: 1
Beoreson: 64/64 HP | NRG: 16/16 | D: 7 | M: 18 | A: 2
Lawfer: 80/80 HP | NRG: 20/20 | D: 7 | M: 12
Ethereal: 125/125 HP | NRG: ?/? | M: 20 | A: 2 (Not sure if your gear's in yet or not)

Enemies
Wurm King: 
426/650 HP | D: 15 | Stunned (-168 DMG)

Following right on Grave's heels, Mack disappeared into the outer edges of the storm. The whipping winds and biting sands didn't even slow down the mountain of a warrior. Like Grave, Mack had also obtained the survival skill and so the sandstorm was not a big problem. The ginger haired leader emerged from the wall of sand just in time to see Grave deal a paralyzing blow to the Wurm King. Tightening his grip on Invictus, Mack dashed forward and activated Dynamic Violence. Blow after blow rained down on the creature as Invictus did its work, carving up one side and down the other of the beast.

Edited by Mack