[F1-PP] A Small Raid 6/6 (Comlete)

Lancelot's brow raised as a snide remark exited the young bluenette's lips. Bringing her own gaze to match that of Phillia's and ignoring the instigative comments of the red-eyed youth that gifted her the axe, Lancelot fired off a quip of her own, obviously irritated with the comment. "I reckon I'd still be able to kill you if that's what you're wondering. You shouldn't ask something so obviously ludicrous Phillia. It's obvious I would have to continue working hard just as I am now." Raising from her seat, the now noirette, began to lead the way out of the tavern. "Zero, care to join me?" Whether the children followed her or not was up to them. Regardless, she had a boss to alleviate of life and it wasn't gonna happen by them sitting there, throwing words at each other. Marching towards the fields, Lancelot equipped the rest of her gear and prepared to attack the <Willow >as soon as it revealed itself.

Edited by Lancelot

Oddly enough, he didn't have much to add in the exchange. Despite Lancelot's words, it would seem the others in their party had no interest in knowing him or his life story. Not that there was anything wrong with that. After all, it wasn't like he was there with the intent of making new friends. Such things would only serve as a bonus while his main concerns would be with the task at hand. Besides, if something went wrong during the battle it'd be harder to forget about the deceased if they acted like buddies. As a whole their party was... Different and composed mainly of players that came from varying level ranges. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but he figured it'd impact their ability to work as a proper team just a little. Especially if the girl in charge continued to speak without any tact. Comments like the ones she slung could potentially leave a player without allies to turn to if enough people got offended.

Regardless, he still followed the others outside while lagging to the back as he often did in groups during travel. What would the monster hold in store for them? He could only wonder.

Edited by Seul

"Alright, we're here! We should all search in groups of three, as soon as you spot the boss holler because it'll target whoever found it first. Bell, if you spot it then only point at it from afar so someone can take the hit for you." The woods held many secrets, and nobody knew which tree would be the <<Reaping Willow>>. She started to think that this place was too damn big but looked around anyways finding nothing.

ID#48540

Loot 7

Fail!

Edited by Phillia

As she had instructed, Seul began a casual stroll into the woods to search for the monster they were all hunting. The mission was similar to trying to find a needle in a haystack though and one thing in particular didn't make much sense to him about their methods as a whole. If other parties have already encountered this creature and were even able to obtain its stats then, assuming a monster designed after a tree lacked limbs it could use to move around with, wouldn't those players have been able to just tell them where the thing was and be done with it rather than send them on a wild goose chase through the untamed parts of the first floor?

ID# 48544 | Loot: 4 (No trees here)

Edited by Seul

Breaking into the tree lines, Lancelot gave a confirming look over her shoulder as she noted Seul and Phillia following. The latter of which seemed to have decided that insulting Lancelot wasn't the best of her decisions thus far. While Bell and Zero seemed to either still be at the tavern or just that far behind, Lancelot focused on the task ahead. As she searched for the willow, she decided that she should share some important information before the boss showed up. "We should probably have a Formation ready for when we find this willow. If we stick to it, we should be able to easily handle it without death from any of us. I say It should be Phillia or I to attack first s we draw aggro, followed by Seul, then Bell, then Zero. That way if it really comes down to it, all Zero will have to do is either kill it or allow us a second whack at it. Ether way he's our back up plan because as he already mentioned, he could kill this boss single-handedly given his level. Anyway, there's no willow over here either. Are you sure we're in the right place?

ID: 48545 LD: 6

Edited by Lancelot

"I'm sure this is the right place, all the NPCs have been talking about it, and it's even written in the newspaper. I swear, if the location is false then I-" She let out a seemingly load shriek as she hit a tree branch with her forehead. Phillia let out a sigh of relief and then the ground under her started to shake. "I think I found it!" This was it, the <<Reaping Willow>> finally appeared and lashed out at Phillia. After it successfully failed it began running around with its roots as its legs. (They look like very sturdy wood tentacles).

ID#48566

Loot 20

Success!

ID#48567

Mob 4 (3+1)

Fail!

Edited by Phillia

Bell suddenly snapped back to reality as the Willow finally was found. He dashed to the back of the group, trying desperately not to get hit by the writhing wood tentacles. He already had his knife out, ready in case of a surprise attack.He stayed to the back of the group while The rest got ready to attack. He equipped the <<petite bow>> that Phillia had lent him, a little embarrassed by the girly look it gave him, but remembered how it would help him get loot from the final hit. 

Lancelot had prepared to call the bluenette's bluff, even going as far as to come up with a plethora of things to insult the child with, however; as she turned to unleash this pent up aggression, she realized two things. First, the act of her going off on the lass would be a childish act in itself, poorly reflecting on her. Second, the child was being attacked by the damned willow they had been searching for. Materializing the axe Zero had gifted her, Lancy charged forward. Dodging tunneling roots and wild whip like branches, the girl used an incoming root as a springboard; somersaulting over the sprinting girl before bringing the axe down and chopping off the branches homing in on her. "Don't run. Turn around and strike while I have it's attention."

ID: 48600 BD: 1

Party:

[H: 0] Lancelot: 24/24 E: 6/6 

[H: ?] Phillia: ??/?? E: ?/?

[H: ?] Seul: ??/?? E: ?/?

[H: ?] Bell: ??/?? E: ?/?

[H: ?] Zero: ??/?? E: ?/?

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 100/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1

(Incapable of dealing Critical Strikes)

(OOC: I'll conrol the boss. It'll attack on my next turn :P)

Edited by Lancelot

Phillia took notice of Lancelot's quick movements and watched as she gracefully chopped off some of the roots. "Got it!" She bursted in sprint at the <<Reaping Willow>>  while dodging many incoming branches, nearly tripping on one of them. Phillia then had a sudden idea, she could wrap the roots around the Willow, but that was hard. As soon as the bluenette got within proximity of the <<Reaping Willow>> she activated the sword art <<Rip Ravine>> and watched as the system guided her into the move. 

ID#48604

Battle 7

Success!

Phillia: 24/24 HP 4/6 Energy

DMG: 10 Overall

Reaping Willow: 90/100 HP D: 10 A: 1

Edited by Phillia

He could honestly say that the Willow was one of the goofiest looking monster she had encountered thus far. Still, there would be plenty of time to make fun of the creature once it was reduced to wood chippings by their blades. In one swift movement he had drawn his dagger and rushed to help the girls who already began engaging the horrid tree, but it would seem the plant would be one step ahead as it had already prepared one of the fallen branch-like appendages as an improvised blade and used the crudely formed weapon to parry his slash.

ID: 48606 BD: 3

Party:

[H: 0] Lancelot: 24/24 E: 6/6 

[H: 1] Phillia: 24/24 E: 4/6

[H: 0] Seul: 80/80 E: 18/20

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 90/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1

Edited by Seul

She was still within a close distance to the Willow, most of its branches and roots were seemingly cut off. Sadly, that didn't prevent it from moving, "Hey, you're not leaving my sight!" She shouted as she chased the Willow down while trying to hit it. The bluenette successfully missed and cursed. "Oh ****! You've gotta be kidding me!"

ID#48645

Battle 2

Fail!

Phillia: 24/24 HP 3/6 Energy

2 Hate

Edited by Phillia

Lancelot glanced over her shoulder as Seul charged into the fray. His attack however, was met with a deflection from one of the willow's branches. She quickly tried to scan for Bell and Zero, but neither had made an appearance to the fight yet. Figures. Unreliable as ever. Sighing, she re-focused on the monster before them. Just as she had raised to attack the monster, Phillia shot past her and attacked, albeit unsuccessfully. "Well maybe if you stuck to the attack formation I laid out, you might've gotten a better opening." Rolling her eyes, the noirette prepped her <Hack> sword art and just as she felt the height of her attack, the <Reaping Willow> made it's move. It's branches came whistling toward the bluenette girl once again, prompting Lancelot to save her, again. Swinging her axe down 

ID: 48735 BD: MD: 4

(Normal Attack: 1 Base + 2 Skill + 0 Weapon + 1 Critical = 4 Damage)

Party:

[H: 2] Lancelot: 24/24 E: 4/6 

[H: 1] Phillia: 24/24 E: 3/6

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 90/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1 (-4 HP)

(OOC: Can we stick to the posting order please. It gives everyone a chance to contribute to the story. The general rule is too allow 24 hours for someone to post before skipping them and you skipped 3 people @Phillia.)

Edited by Lancelot

Zero had followed the group at his own pace, not speeding up just to catch up, and watched the <Reaping Willow> come before them. The party initiated their attacks, as did the monster, and began the battle. He glanced at the first few to attack, watching them put a dent in the monsters HP, and slowly unsheathed the blade on his back, Ziz. His eyes glanced at Lancelot, who was quite visibly irritated by how their plans had all changed suddenly, and then moved back to the <Reaping Willow>. "Sorry for taking my time getting here, Lancy. I tend not to rush into things and make sure my opponent isn't too strong, information isn't always too reliable after all." He took a step back and dashed at the <Reaping Willow>, leaping into the air as what appeared to be black flames consumed his blade.

His body was soon consumed by the flames, the dark mass immediately crashing down towards the monster only to graze it. Damn. The young man popped out from the flames as they fadded and landed on his feet, turning back to the <Reaping Willow>. "I really need to get used to using this thing... Sorry I couldn't do more for you, Lancy. I'll be sure to try and make up for it." He called out the last oart to her, slowly spinning his blade waiting eagerly.

ID# 48780 BD: 3+2 = 5 Miss

Party:

[H: 2] Lancelot: 24/24 E: 4/6 

[H: 0] Zero: 116/116 E: 27/29

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 90/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1 (-4 HP)

The willow thrashed about the field as it roared and swiped at the players. Locking its sights on the noirette with the giant axe, the <Reaping Willow> launched a volley of branches at the girl. The twigs and limbs of wood smashed against the girl causing her to skitter across the grassy floor. However, the attack didn't come without a cost. On top of only being able to deal a measly one damage, the girl had thorns on her gear causing the mob to take damage in return.

Patting the dirt from her dress, Lancelot glanced around her. Everyone was finally starting to get involved. Everyone except Bell. What the heck is he doing? I know we told him to stay back but surely he wouldn't take it this far would he? Shrugging the thoughts off, the noirette spun her axe around before focusing on the Willow. "Well with or without him (Bell), we're gonna take this thing. I didn't come all the way out here with you all just fail." Raising her axe for what felt like the thirtieth time, Lancy activated her <Sharpened Chop> sword art. The various slices looked as if she was truly trying to dismantle the tree. "Phillia, you're up."

ID: 48970 BD: MD: 10

(Sharpened Chop: 1 Base + 2 Skill + 4 Weapon = 7  x 3 = 21 Damage)

Party:

[H: 3] Lancelot: 23/24 E: 2/6 (-1 HP) (+1/-3 E)

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 51/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1 (-21 HP)(-18 HP from Thorns)

Edited by Lancelot

(I think it's safe to say we can skip Philia's turn now for the sake of keeping the thread alive-)

Just as he predicted, it would seem their ability to work as a team was somewhat lacking. A nice combination of failing to land attacks and breaking the formation was throwing off the overall dynamic, but on the bright side at least the monster was a pushover. Despite Lancelot now asserting herself as the leader of the operation, the others acted mainly in accordance to their own ideas. Seul couldn't help but sigh as the blue-haired girl failed to take action when instructed this time around and instead used the opportunity for himself. With the tree focused on Lancelot he could easily circle around to its rear. With Concentration in effect his eyes focused on the monster's form as he raised his dagger to allow a faint glow to encase the small blade. Once in position, he unleashed the Shadow Stitch sword art to deliver a diagonal slash followed by two kicks to the monster's trunk. Unsurprisingly, the health bar fell quickly upon impact and the Willow was on the verge of death as a result. He assumed any one of them would be able to finish it off at this point with just another hit. Aside from Bell of course. "Can we wrap this up...?"

ID: 49333 BD: 6 (5 + 1 Concentration / Keen Activated)

(Shadow Stitch: 1 Base + 3 Skill + 2 Weapon = 6 x 6 = 36 Damage)

Party:

[H: 3] Lancelot: 23/24 E: 2/6 

[H: 1] Seul: 80/80 E: 13/20 (+1 / -6 E) [Keen: +1 BD][Conc Cooldown: 0/5]

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 15/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1

(I was busy with some real life stuff, mostly school)

Phillia charged at the willow ready to land the final strike, but it lashed out a branch that did no damage, but caused a lot of knockback. She shrieked as she flew into the air, and she eventually hit Lancelot with her body. "O-Oww... Sorry Lancey..." The bluenette began seeing stars for a while, but then woke up from the daze. 'R-Right, I should be attacking this thing... But Lancey's stomach is soo warm! It's like pillow...' She was conflicted about what to do, use Lancelot's stomach as a pillow and stay there, or get up and fight. Eventually she chose to get up back into her fighting stance wondering what Lancelot would be thinking about.

ID# 49424 results:

Battle 1

Fail!

Party:

[H: 1] Phillia: 24/24 E: 1/6

[H: 1] Seul: 80/80 E: 13/20

[H: ?] Bell: ??/?? E: ?/? -Left Thread

Enemy:

The monster’s life bar began to wither away, quickly entering the red zone, and continuing to lower as the player launched their attacks on it. Zero growled at himself for letting the monster slip between his fingers and glanced at Seul, his form was pretty good as expect and his damage was quite good. Least he didn’t look like he was all talk since he keep quite earlier. I on the other hand must have seen like all talk. He tightened his grip on the blade’s hilt and glanced over to Lancelot, who had taken charge of the fight. She had easily taken control of the situation and did not hesitated to act, an exceptional find if he nothing else. The platinum haired boy began to grind his teeth slowly and took a solid step back, glaring intently at the <<Willow>>. “I can’t let myself be the only one to not manage a single hit, damn it.” He pulled his blade back, slightly crouching down, and dashed at the monster, leaping into the air once he was close enough to strike.

He lifted the sword over his head as a shadow like mass swallowed it and took the shape of an axe. His arms immediately swung down at the monster, missing and embedding itself in the ground only to send Zero flying over the monster and onto the ground. He growled loudly in anger when he fell and pulled his sword back like before. “That’s it god damn it, I’m sick of this things crap! Just let me tear it apart!” He raved in evident anger, continuing to growl at the monster beneath his breath.

ID# 49444 BD: 2 Miss

Party:

[H: 0] Zero: 116/116 E: 26/29

Enemy:

"I wish to wrap this up as w- oomf," she gasped as the younger bluenette came crashing into her. The two tumbled into the dirt, rolling about until Lancelot slid to a halt with Phillia laying across her stomach. Groaning, the noirette wiggled beneath the young girls weight as she grumbled an apology. Sighing, Lancelot nudged her off and stood. "Don't be sorry, be careful. We can't have more mishaps like this. However, we may not have to worry about that," mused the lass as Seul and Zero charged in to finish of the mob. While Seul landed a nice blow, Zero managed to unsecure the kill as he missed the winding knot of wood. "Guess I'll just finish it myself," she grumbled as she stormed off towards the lively tree. Bringing her axe high above, she activated <Sharpened Chop> once more, cleaving into the monster and splintering it into nothing but dissolved pixels.

The <Reaping Willow> had been defeated alas. Gathering her lone material, she turned and spoke to the rest. "That was rather fun despite all the confusion." Walking to Zero, she cupped his face and whispered "Thank you for the item. Though your battle prowess is something to be...desired" Dropping her hands from his cheeks, she nodded to Seul and Phillia. "Glad we could rid this floor of that beast. I'd say it be great to meet with you all again, but that would be a lie. Do take care of your selves however." With that, she left.

ID: 49451 BD:  6(5+1) LD: 16 MD: 1

(Sharpened Chop: 1 Base + 2 Skill + 4 Weapon = 7  x 3 = 21 Damage)

Party:

[H: 0] Zero: 116/116 E: 26/29

Enemy:

Reaping Willow: 0/100 | D: 10 |  A: 1 (-21 HP) (+1 Material to Lancelot)

Edited by Lancelot

With the <<Reaping Willow>> gone the area was once again safe. Townsfolk talked less about the willow until the rumor finally died down. Newspaper stopped being printed for a while, and there were no longer bounty posters around town. The raid party disbanded after the battle was over, and some of them wouldn't see each other again. 'Damn, what a day.' Phillia thought, that was sure one hell of an adventure for her.

COMPLETE:

Everyone: +1 SP & +80 Col