Lycan's Journal

24707868679_6c031d36a0_o.jpg

Username: Lycan
Height: 6' 2"

Appearance

Tall, slightly fit, thin, with white hair and amber eyes. Tends to favor blue, red, white, and black attire.
An Image for Reference: Original Image by Beanclam on DeviantArt.com

About: History/personality

Oh lords, what do I put here? I'm never really good with this type of thing... Anyway, my name is Lycan. Well, my name here at least. In the real world I go by Jax. I'm 18 years old and just last month I decided to move out of my parent's house. Nothing fancy really, just a little studio place next to the campus. Oh yeah! I go to college. North Yarhmen University, to be precise. Luckily, we're still on Summer Break here so I have plenty of time to play SAO. I can't wait until the day one release!

Oh, right, introductions. Anyway, I'm an A/B student majoring in graphic design with a minor in history. I hope to one day get a job working as a storyboard artist for one of the studios I like. I minor in history because I believe a lot of beauty and inspiration can come from the past. I'm particularly fond of old mythology. Especially Nordic mythology. I moved here by myself, really. I wasn't much of the outgoing type and after High School, most of my friends went their own ways. I was the only one with an interest in NYU. It's not a top college, nor does it specialize in art, but I loved the scenery and the climate there. My parents think I'm too young to pull it off, but I'm a crafty kid and a fast learner. Ramen will certainly be a staple food for a while!

So, aside from being a history nerd, artist, and gamer, I do like to get outdoors quite a bit. It's hard to find the time, but I like to hike, fish, and do some hunting with my dad. We liked to do bow-hunting since it took more sport and skill than the rifle. I don't like harming animals, but we do the sportsman thing and try to use as much of it as we can: jerky, steaks, mounts, jewelry, and some really neat antler carvings. My dad has a knack for it, but I really struggle with three dimensional art. I also like martial arts, but never really had the opportunity to take classes. I watched a ton of movies and tried to teach myself in the basement, but I'm probably doing more harm than good. My mom didn't want me to take official classes because I might get hurt. Ironically, I did end up breaking my arm in Junior High trying to break some boards in the basement. Yeah... In my defense, the movies make it look very convincing!

What else..? Oh yeah! I have two pets, a little blue lovebird named Lyssa and a bearded dragon named Basil (short for Basilisk). I can't have a dog or a cat in my new place, but my parents have a husky named Chance. I'm bummed I won't get to see him that often, but maybe next summer I can go back home for a visit!

Well, that's about all for an "About Me" I can think of. Looking forward to seeing everyone online!!!

Virtues:

Self Motivated: Lycan is very self driven. He had friends in school, but never relied on them for support. He finds himself a goal and pursues it relentlessly to completion. He looks for new ways to complete things and does whatever it takes. Even when the odds stack against him and the world keeps knocking him down, he'll pick him self up and find the silver lining to guide him.

Quick Learner: Lycan has a knack for analyzing a situation, breaking it down, understanding it, and overcoming it. He used to tinker with things at home to find out how they worked and put them back together again. This comes in handy with his usual studies, especially when picking up new techniques for his art. However, it also applies to how quickly he picks up on other mechanics to things like games, devices, or complex theories. This also means Lycan is a logical thinker, using guesswork and deduction to come to conclusions. Irrational thinking and illogical ideals are somewhat of a bane to him.

Open-Minded: Lycan is very open minded. In High School, he never really fit into any of the cliques and often hung out with several of them throughout the year. He looks at life and problems from multiple viewpoints and is very empathetic to others. He tries to understand viewpoints aside from his own and look for a common ground. He doesn't draw lines at race, age, religion, or politics and remains neutral in trivial conflicts that most would take arms over.

Flaws:

Socially Awkward: Lycan is a little unusual. He sometimes struggles with when to be friendly, funny, or distant. He's been known to trust people with terrible character to much regret, and also to have shied away from fantastic people for fear of disappointment. Ultimately, Lycan fears denial and often keeps his distance from others. For those in his inner circle, he is vibrant and energetic, a total opposite to how he would react to a stranger. Even with strangers, Lycan still tries to be as kind as possible, sometimes broadcasting an opening for those of ill will.

Naive: Lycan likes to believe that if given the option of good or evil, most people would choose good. Especially, in a dire situation like SAO. However, the world is a much more cruel place. His inexperience with the darker side of what life offers will soon be apparent to him. 

Loner: Because he is so self motivated and independent, Lycan doesn't seek the approval of large groups. In fact, he fears rejection of such groups and is often intimidated by them. Instead, he tends to keep to himself and the select few he relates to. While he may have several acquaintances, to say that he has a true friend would be a stretch of the term. If he can, he will work alone - no one to judge him, no one to deny him, no one to put his own life in the hands of.

Profession
Level 3 Professional Alchemist
72/ 80 EXP Needed for Level 4
4 Attempts Per Day
Shop:  [F1] Beast Bane Brews
Currency Spent:

Spoiler

2/26/16: (-2 Materials)
2/29/16: (-2 Materials)
3/01/16: (-2 Materials)
3/02/16: (-3 Materials)
3/03/16: (-3 Materials)
3/08/16: + 1,000 col
3/09/16: - 1,500 col
3/09/16: (- 4 Materials)
3/09/16: (- 5 Materials)
9/20/16: (-750 Col)

Skills
0/23 Total SP Available

Non-combat:
»

Passive:
One-Handed Straight Sword:
(23 SP Used)
The effectiveness with which a player can use one-handed longsword-like swords. (Example: Arming sword, Longsword)

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:

Rank 1: One-Handed Straight Sword Arts
Vertical - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing vertically.
Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike.
Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - A pair of brisk angular slashes chained in succession.

Rank 2: One-Handed Straight Sword Arts
Vertical Arc - 2x2 - (4 Energy) - A simple two-hit sword art that form a "V" pattern.
Horizontal Square – 4x1 - Stun - (7 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a rhombus.
Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square.

Rank 3: One-Handed Straight Sword Arts
Vorpal Strike - 1x5 - (5 Energy) - A powerful thrusting sword art that doubles the length of the user's attack range.
Star Quint Prominence – 3x2 - (6 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces a vague star shape.

Inventory

Weapons: 

• Fenrir - Purchased @ The Blazing Typhoon <<EQUIPPED>>
    Spoiler

Name: Fenrir
    Your Profession: Blacksmith
    Your Rank: 8
    ID: 68466
    Roll: 12
    Item Type: One Hand Straight Sword
    Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect
    Enhancements: +2 Bleed, +1 Damage
    Description: A straight longsword forged of a blued steel and named after the mythological Norse beast. Ancient runes are carved along the flat of the blade, leading to an ornate guard in the shape of a wolf. In the recesses of the wolves' eyes on each side, are a pair of small gems. Each gem gives off a faint, harrowing glow.
    Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-9-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=489673

• Harbinger - Purchased @ The Gurando Foji <<BROKEN>>
    Spoiler

Harbinger: 
    Creator: Owikawa
    Shop: Gurando Foji

(One-Handed Straight Sword)
    (Rare)
    (Tier 1)
    (+2 Damage) 
    Description: (A sword forged from the soul of and <Alpha Dire Wolf>.  The blade is sharper than wolf fang ingrained into it.)

• Wolf's Bane - Recieved @ The Gurando Foji <<QUICK SLOT>>

Spoiler

Name: Wolf's Bane
    Profession: Blacksmith
    ID: 68630
    Roll: 12
    Item Type: One-Handed Dagger
    Enhancements: +2 Paralysis & +1 Damage
    Description: A curved dagger with the look of a Lycan's tooth. It's said to induce a paralyzed state if struck with.
    Post Link: Here

Armor: 

• The Alpha's Maw - Purchased @ Antediluvian Antiques <<EQUIPPED>>
    Spoiler

Name: The Alpha's Maw
    Profession: Artisan
    ID: 50698
    Roll: 12
    Item Type: Lucky Charm [Tier 1]
    Quality: Perfect
    Enhancements: +2 Accuracy and +1 Evasion
    Description: Expertly bleached, sealed, lacquered, and polished set of Alpha Wolf Fangs strung together on a simple leather chord. At its center lies a simple silver medallion with the Mark of the Beast stamped into it.

• The Blood Wolves' Coat - Gifted by Ariel, The Crowned Lion <<EQUIPPED>>
    Spoiler

Name: The Blood Wolves' Coat
    Profession: Tailor
    ID: 
    Roll: 12 (11+1)
    Item Type: Leather Armor
    Enhancements: +9 Damage Mitigation, +2 EVA
    Description: A dark grey leather duster lined with a deep crimson fur of a beast of unknown origin. Assumed to be known as a 'Blood Wolf'.
     On the right arm's biceps area there is embroidered a small white crowned lion logo.

Additional Inventory:

•  Grips of the Twin Wolves <<QUICK SLOT>>
Spoiler

Name: Grips of the Twin Wolves
ID: 50669
Store: The Blazing Typhoon
Item Type: Heavy Armor - Gauntlets
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 Unarmed Damage
Description: A pair of banded arm gauntlets covering the fist and up to the elbow. Each band is hammer forged
and in such a way that it remains jagged. An the plate which covers the hands,
the right depicts a fierce wolf devouring the sun in a raised motif. The left depicts a softer
looking wolf devouring the moon in a raised motif. Each finger tip is crafted so that
the tips are as pointed as fangs. The icon of the Blazing Typhoon is engraved
on the largest band at the top of the forearm.

Items/Consumables:

• 10 Baker's Buns
  • 14 Water Flasks
  • 1 Beast Blood Elixir
    Spoiler

Name: Beast Blood Elixir
    Job Level: Apprentice Alchemist - Lv. 3
    Item ID: 50718
    Item Type: Status Update Potion
    Tier: 1
    Quality: [Perfect]
    Enhancements: [+3 Damage]
    Description: A custom potion designed specifically for Lycan's personal use. The vial is plain, no frills and no nonsense. It is capped with a plain cork. The contents are a thick, red ichor with a bitter, coppery flavor. Upon consumption, a dark power stirs to the surface.

Roleplays
» [OP-F1] I Need to Level Up! [+1 SP, 100 col]
» [SP-F1] Riff-Raff, Street Rat [+1 SP, 400 col. +1 Material]
» [PP-F1] The Death Game [+1 SP, 200 col]
» [SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> Breaking Bad [+2 SP, 400 col, +8 Material, +<Extra Skill> Alchemy]

» [PP-F1] Knight & Squire [+1 SP, 200 col]
» [SP-F2] <<EaL>> Bare Your Fangs, Boy - [+1 SP, 890 col, +23 Material]
» [PP-F1] Grenades & Horseshoes - In Progress
» [PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> What's the Buzz? (Ariel) - In Progress
» [SP-F2] <<EaL>> Cookin' with Cap'n Cook - In Progress
» [SP-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Like Splitting Wood... [+2 SP, 400 col, +<Extra Skill> Martial Arts, -1 Beast Blood Elixir (+3 DMG)]
» [OP-F11] Taft's Spring Festival [+1 SP, +1 Cherry Blossom Pin, +62 col]
» [PP-NK-F2] Why I'm Here «Let There Be Light» -
In Progress
» [OP-F1] Scouting the Fields [No More Participants] [+2 SP, 80 Col]
» [PP-F1] 'Earning a Living: Alchemic Remedy' [+2 SP, 400 Col]
» [PP-F2]  <<RGQ-E>> Protect this sweet flower [+3 SP, 400 Col]
» [PP-F2] The Wilting Flower [+1 SP, 200 Col]

See Signature for current Col & Material totals. Deductions are noted in threads or shop notes above. 

Relationships

Lessa - Acquaintance
Drake - Acquaintance
Icarus - Acquaintance
Lancelot - Acquaintance
Calrex - Friend
Manta - Acquaintance
Kyr - Friend
Arc - Friend
Esther - Friend

Story Thus Far 

[First Edit]
So, I finally figured out how to access the journal from the menus in SAO. It's been about a week since we all found out we couldn't leave the game. The first few days were the most rough. I'd tell you I didn't cry, but I'd be lying. I was scared. I already felt dead. Some of the other players already are, either by suicide or trying to rush through the game to get back out. Me? Well, I think I've finally come to terms with it. I'm here and if this is really happening, I have to do something about it. I did practice some kendo when I lived back home... mom... dad... I should be fine, right? I've played action and RPGs before, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I don't know...

No, stop, enough of that! You're not dying here. Right! Alright, journal, you and me. We're doing this. I'm hitting the beginner's field today and playing it safe until I got the mechanics down! We got this. If I can make it through highschool and move out on my own, I can beat some silly game!

Wish me luck!