PP - F14 No Rest for the Wicked <<The Lich's Call>> (Hikoru, Ariel) (Completed)

A faint blue light appeared in the settlement of of Stonewall (like the mod) as Calrex materialized in the safe zone, giving a small sigh as his teleportation sequence completed. Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he looked outwards towards an area not too far from the war camp, "So...looks like there's a new quest that was discovered on this floor already. Might as well keep up and pace and get it cleared out. From what I've heard it seems the creatures involved with it might not be as sturdy as the ones I've encountered in the past. It could be a good chance to test out my defensive armament."

With a series of swipes his gear changed as the Tide Pendant and Grand Blade II were replaced by the Grand Chariot II, Grand Guard II, and Commemorative One-Handed Straight Sword (Calrex and Teayre Wedding). Feeling his body become heavier with the loss of his accuracy and evasion the bluenette gave a small sigh. However, what was lose in speed and precision was made up for in defense and a huge chunk of extra health.

"Let's see if anyone else wants to tag along."

Sending out a message to the two people closest to his area he shot out the message, "I hope they're free. It'd be good to have some company on this rather dreary looking excursion."

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
HP: 348 (236 Base + 5 Athletics + 107 Stonewall)
Energy: 58
DMG: 7 (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Skill)
ACC: 3 (2 Item + 1 Familiar)
EVA: -1 (1 Item - 1 Stonewall / Reduced to -1 while using Grand Guard II)
MIT: 107 (30 Armor + 18 Grand Chariot II + 23 Block + 54 Grand Guard II)
Thorns: 36
Heavy Momentum: 2

Edited by Calrex

Hikoru was walking around the new floor that had just been cleaned out. After everything had settled after the boss fight, and the others had explored the floor and scouted the boss, he wanted to come up and check it out. He was scared at first, as he could feel a looming evil over him at every corner, or at least that's what he felt. But soon he got used to it, and started to explore the town around him. His Familiar Sutetchi was running around in front of him, exploring the main part of town, or also known as the Town Square, when he received a notification on his HUD. He opened it up and received a message from his old friend Calrex, who he hadn't seen in a long while

"Wow, he found me after all this time..." He said with a slight smile. He whistled and his Familiar soon came towards him. He lowered himself and put his hand out to the ground, and his Familiar soon came and scuttled up his arm, going up onto his shoulders and grabbing onto his Armor. He gave a smile and scratched him under his chin, then sent a reply saying he would love to go on a Quest with him, and soon he started to make his way towards the area in which they were supposed to meet

Returning from a profitable exchange with a certain berserker, the blonde and her familiar were heading towards the teleport gate, in order to return home and celebrate.. and relax after a hard fight. Well, that was the plan at least, until Kimba decided to roar at her as she heard a bell chime. "Want me to read it?" she asked, opening without waiting for a reply. Kimba closed in as in attempting to read the message but Ariel decided to read it out loud to her.

"What do you sa...." a huge roar accompanied by couple of short dog-like excited jumps and a happy expression came from the white leoness. "I guess it's settled then!" she said, not being opposed to the suggestion. It wasn't hard to get ahold of them as she had even received some coordinates and followed her 'Friend Finder' app from the HUD.

"Li-i-chi *jap.accent and spelling used*... are we going to fight a stupid crawling thing that sucks blood?" she said as she saw Calrex in the distance.  She was well aware of the difference in writing of the two, english being one of her forte due to her extensive travels.
At her side, Kimba's eyes darted towards the skies as she started lowly howling after her winged friend. Ariel followed her gaze and stared at the dark themed ceiling that was quite high... "I think you know after whom she's looking? Is he around?" she asked Cal as she returned her gaze on him.

stats... maybe later

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

After some time Calrex gave a small sigh, half beginning to expect that neither one of the two people he had invited would show up. However, this turned out to not be the case as he looked to see that both Hikoru and Ariel were not far away, slowly making their way over. Upon seeing both Kimba and what appeared to be Hikoru's new familiar Roc descended from the skies at almost blinding speed, landing on the bluenette's shoulder, "Hey you guys, long time no see!"

The blue peregrine falcon looked down at the young cub before hopping off of Calrex's shoulder, hovering a few inches over Kimba's head. At the same time the bird intermittently glanced over at the ferret attached to Hikoru, as if curious.

"In any case you are correct. We're going to put some undead into their proper graves, if you guys feel up for it, heh."

Hikoru smiled as he saw Calrex up ahead, and when he looked across the way, he saw Ariel and her Familiar on the other side of the path, coming towards the both of them. He felt a small blush and did his best to cover it up, coughing slightly and continuing forward. His Familiar, Sutetchi, noticed this change and wondered why his master has changed composure. Was it the boy-player with blue hair? Or was it the girl with hair like the sun? He could only wonder as soon he noticed the two other Familiars, who seemed much bigger, and threatening. He squeaked and hid back into his jacket, and he spun around frantically, caught off guard by the Ferret.

"Hey, what the heck is up with you Sutetchi?" He asked as he tried to gain control of the ferret, but it would not sit still until it was hidden well. He sighed and continued forward, feeling slightly embarrassed by the show he had just given his allies. He breathed and gave a small smile to the two of them "Hey Cal, Hey Ariel. How have you guys been?" He asked with a small laugh, resting his hand on the back of his head, hoping that he hadn't embarrassed himself too bad.

Kimba was the first to greet her winged friend. Seeing as the falcon came into her nearby vicinity and showed a pleased expression, even started purring. That let out a giggle from Ariel who rarely heard her purr except from her naps. Next came Hikoru who had something hidden in his clothing. She'd meat the little guy before and was quite fond of it, she thought Kimba was too just.. in another sense. She closed in on Hikoru and lean over to the side of his face, extending her slender hand. "Haven't seen you in a while now little weasel." she said with a smile, wanting to pet the creature if it would surface out of its safe place. In the meanwhile her hand sat close to Hikoru's exposed neck as Ariel turned her gaze towards his eyes. "You too Hikoru, nice moves you got there." She wasn't verset in the arts oh enchanting men but she hoped that a little flirting wouldn't hurt, not after the two have been out on a date once. This is where the five-six year gap between the two would be seen by an outsider eye. All this happening meanwhile Kimba and Roc played with each other around Calrex's feet. The blonde was partially curious what the two boys in the group had in mind at the moment, her expression projecting a charming smile.

It seemed that Roc was enjoying flapping around by the bluenette's feet, prompting the lion cub to chase after him as Calrex followed them around with his eyes, turning around every now and then to try and keep track, "Geezes Roc if you wanted to see Kimba that much you should have just told me and we could have stopped by, heh."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he gave a calming breath before taking them out, stretching his arms, "I've been alright Hik. Just doing the same stuff I've usually been up to as usual. Looks like you've been busy as well. Sutetchi was it? Nice to meet you."

As if to add to the greeting Roc flew up and gently landed on the young boy's shoulder, giving a small bow to the small ferret hidden in his clothing. However, the bird promptly hopped off at the incoming hand that their blonde companion was extending towards him.

The bluenette couldn't help but give a laugh to himself before raising his hand, giving a small cough as if to try and get the two from getting too distracted, "In any case, once you guys are all set we can get moving to the area where this field boss is supposed to spawn. Supposedly it shouldn't be anything the three of us can't handle."

Hikoru blushes as both of them seemed to notice his embarrassing act, and he just chuckled and felt a small tinge on his cheeks. Ariel came over and held a hand out for his Familiar, and Sutetchi came out slowly, sniffing her hand to get her scent, then licked her finger a little bit. He smiled as she seemed to like her, then blushed as he could feel the presence of where her hand was, and smiled shyly as she flirted with him. He blushed and gave her a small smirk to the best of his ability

"Well maybe some day I could show you more of my amazing moves." He flirted back. He gave her a small smile and was tempted to try and pull into a kiss, but Cal coughed and he blushed, remembering that he was there the whole time. He pulled away and coughed, trying to cover his face for a moment, and composed himself. He breathed and looked at Cal and nodded "I'm set whenever you are." He said with a small smile

When her feathered friend hopped off to Hikoru, Kimba followed and only then finally spotted the little thing that crept out of his hideout. The lioness' expression gained a upwards a slight curve upwards followed by her licking her mouth. To Hikoru's reply, the blonde could only giggle and retreat, audibly sighting at Cal's not so smooth move. "How's it feel to be the 3rd wheel? This is how I felt when I'd go questing with toy two... " She said with a grin, not wanting to sound malicious but neither making it into a joke. She was new to this kind of thing and was trying her best to keep the flirting to moderate. She turned towards Hikoru and winked saying with a smile: "I'll make sure to keep you to that promise."

Next she opened her inventory and made sure it was all in order. Meanwhile Kimba drew closer to Hikoru, growling at the little weasel that was swarming inside his clothing. She wanted to see her reserved little meat piece. If Sutechi wouldn't show itself to her she'd lose interest and return to playing with Roc. As she finished her inspection Ariel nodded and said: "All good here, so... where are we going? I want to kill a leech!" she said continuing to gingerly act confused about the resemblance in the pronunciation of the two words: 'lich' and 'leech'.

Calrex gave a laugh as he heard Ariel's retort, raising a hand jokingly, "Alright, fair enough. Just don't go distracting Hikoru too badly. I'm aware from experience how badly it can mess with you in combat."

Looking down at Kimba the bluenette felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head. The lion cub was certainly set on the ferret familiar the young boy had in his sleeve, and the quick peek at it seemed to only aggravate that hunger. Roc, on the other hand, seemed more curious about meeting Sutetchi, as this would be the first time the peregrine falcon met a new familiar he was unfamiliar with.

"Alright then, let's get a move on."

Directing the group out of the settlement Calrex followed the quest marker over to the area where supposedly the lich was supposed to spawn at. After walking a few more miles it seemed an arena came into view, with the marker resting right in the dead center, "Great another arena battle like with that lizardman on the fifth floor. Alright, better get ready for a fight then."

Hikoru laughed lightly as Ariel called Cal the "Third Wheel" In this situation, and he agreed. Him and Ariel had been on a date before, and it was the best time he had had in a long time. She came over and said he'd hold his word, and he blushed a bit more, and looked away, pretending to cough. He breathed and uncovered his face, feeling his blush diminish as he stood. He saw Kimba staring at his shirt, and he was puzzled for a moment, and was unsure of why she was so fixated on him. Then he felt a small scuttle in his shirt, and he remembered Sutetchi. He came over to Kimba and pet her head slightly

"Now girl." He said "I know you from a long way back, but this is my friend, please don't eat him, alright?" He said with a small smile. He stood up and gave a nod to the other two. He heard Sutechi squeak from inside his jacket. He smiled and gave the small creature a scratch on what he believed to be his chin. He took his hand away and nodded at the other two. He blinked for a moment as he looked around, and realized things were a bit.... blurry... He rubbed his eyes for a moment, but it wouldn't go away. He was puzzled, but ignored it for now. He gave the two a smile "Alright, lets get going!" He said cheerfully

'So cute' was the thought that crossed Ariel's mind as she watched Hikoru's reaction. On the contrary her straightforward nature, the blonde decided to keep that to herself and hum one of her favorite 'Kuromado' songs. Smiling at the adiacent thought that she got to meet Aaphy the lead guitarist and his friend, to her surprise, here in the game. He and the vocalist even signed a poster for her, item which she proudfully pinned on the wall of her shop and that its there even now.

Hearing the raven head 'plead' to Kimba for the safety of his familiar made her gingerly laugh as apparently none could command the proud lioness. She knew from firsthand experience that such a thing would have grave... repercussions. The lioness looked at Hikoru as she was spoken to and did a mimic or a animal attempt of a nod accompanied by a low growl. That itself turned into a purring sound as Hikoru started scratching her under the chin.

Ariel smiled as she witnessed the scene. With Calrex and Roc's guidance the group reached the quest area with relative ease as they seemed to goof around all the time they've been walking. The dangers of a unexplored new floor seemed to not present themselves as a concern for the high leveled group. Afterall, they had Aincrad's highest leveled player with them.

Upon sighting the spot, the blonde let out a friendly 'complain' directed at the bluenette. She put all her lower than mediocre acting skills in it: "Oi! You say we're to fight a leech. This looks awfully similar to the arena from the desert, are you sure you didn't lead us somewhere below?"

"Heh, I swear I didn't. But I can definitely see the similarities. I wonder if area combat for field bosses is just a thing the designers decided to go with for these few floors. The doom and gloom is certainly something shared by a decent handful of the ones we've unlocked so far. You'd think they were going through their teenage dark brooding rebellious phase while making them or something."

With a friendly smirk the bluenette walked into the arena, looking over at the center. As he landed it seemed a large skeletal royal figure had spawned in the center, poised to give some sort of command. Calrex waited for Ariel and Hikoru to enter as well before speaking, "Alright, if the information is correct the field boss himself spawns a couple of legion monsters that actually heal him and get in our way. The boss does a lot of damage on a single hit, so I'll focus on whittling him down while you two take out the dregs and keep them from persisting his health. Sounds like a plan?"

Hikoru listened to the two talk to each other for a moment, and just walked silently with them. He was glad to be able to be with the old group again, and it brought back many memories from when he was a lower level player. Now being past level 20, he felt much stronger than what he once was months ago. He sighed as Cal explained what the plan was, and he gave the man a nod and thumbs up.

"Sounds good. Although I don't have much energy, and my strongest attack takes up about a third of it...." He said. He sighed and looked at Ariel "So I may use a bunch of weaker attacks, possibly some stun moves if you would like, would that be okay?" He asked. He knew Ariel could easily hold his own, but he wanted to contribute, and this was the best way he could at this moment. He only hoped that he wouldn't have to stand there and wait for his energy to replenish, while the others fought a hard battle. He didn't want to be useless anymore, he needed to get stronger, to protect his Allies, to protect Ariel.... And Cal, if it's needed.

"Fine, then this guys is the lizard-dude's cousin!" claimed the blonde in a fake exasperated tone. "I'm sick of dark themed floors, it was all nice and fun the first time with the 10th floor but when will we get a hot springs one, or a neverending summer greenland with pixies and fairies flying around or even better an 'edible' one what where mostly everything could be made out of food.." she said, throwing some outrageous examples from her little knowledge of wonderlands and fairytales. But that was enough joking for the time as they stepped into the arena. She materialized a vial with a label branded with a blue rose alongside the name and effect description. She gulped half of the content and then unsheathed her rapier, smashing the remains against the hilt of the weapon. The blue liquid let out a faint glow as it was absorbed by the bloodthirsty blade.

"From all the flavors in the world, he choose blood... to be expected from a vampire's descendant." she muttered with a grin as she referring to her relatively new alchemist friend. The result wasn't the increase she expected but she did swipe the potion without telling so.. beggers or in this case, thieves can't be choosers. She directed her attention towards the newly risen enemy and addressed the others. "Okay, showtime. You guys know the routine. Just leave the initial stunning to me, I can't wait to see how this new mod works."

Consumed  Malum , 3rd grade 2nd edition (+2 Basic Damage) [Potion]

Spoiler

Stats:

• Health: 177 / Energy: 43 / Basic Damage: 15* / Damage Mitigation: 12
  • Accuracy: 3 / Evasion: 3 / Savvy: 1 / Light Momentum: 1

Skills & Mods:

• One Handed Rapier: Grandmaster -> Precision
  • Light Armor: Expert ->Athletics
  • Charge: Grandmaster ->Bullrush
  • Martial Arts: Unskilled
  • Concentration
  • Survival

Items:

1. 4X25 HP Recovery Crystal
  2. 3X20 HP Recovery Crystal
  3. Basic Teleport Crystal
  4. ^5X15 HP Recovery Crystal
  5. Empty
  6. *Empty

* Dimensional Bag extra slot

ID: 50366
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion -1) = 3
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

"Alright then...let's get this done."

With a small breath escaping from the front of his armor's helmet Calrex rushed forward, drawing the commemorative sword as it glowed with the light blue aura of his <<Howl>> skill. Piercing the ground the energy immediately shot out like a roar which emanated from his armor before extracting his weapon, "This time around I'm going defensive. Let's just hope this thing can actually hit me decently, or else we'll both be swatting at flies."

"Go for it! Target those two on the sides first!"

Right as this occurred the lich king slammed his sword into the ground as it to start some kind of ritual. Looking in the distance the bluenette saw a horde of soldiers rushing to his aid, "Tch...thought so..."

(2 Full Rotations Remaining Until Skeletal Warriors Spawn)

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex:
 294/294
   Energy: 59/59
(Hate: 0) Hikoru: 80/80
   Energy: 20/20
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 177/177
   Energy: 43/43

Enemies:
Lich King: 350/350
Skeletal Lich 1: 45/45
Skeletal Lich 2: 45/45

Edited by Calrex

(OOC: Since I had Shadowed Path at the time of this thread, I will still have it :P)

Hikoru nodded and looked at the Lich King and the Skeletal Lich's. He was about to charge forward, but as it buried it's sword into the ground, it shook him and he fell onto the ground, shocked of what had just happened. He hadn't fought something this powerful in awhile, and it kinda scared him for a moment, and he forgot he had two other allies that were there to help him. He stood slowly, but he felt his leg give out and he fell to one knee. He looked at Ariel and waved at her

"Go get 'em! I'll be fine in a minute or two!" He said as he gave his body a moment to rest and return to it's normal state

ID: 50417

BD: 1

HP List
 294/294
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 177/177
   Energy: 43/43

Enemies:
Skeletal Lich 1: 45/45
Skeletal Lich 2: 45/45

Edited by Hikoru

It seemed that the blonde choose to use her small potion in time. As the taste of blood still lingered in her mouth, she smiled. The team had began their usual assault pattern. As this was a already used formation there was no need for detailed planning, all of them instinctively knew what they had to do. Cal would tank, she would deal damage and Hikoru would support them for the time being. A crucial part in a team that was missing was a healer, the role being taken by Zandra but they wouldn't really need one except for extraordinary times... like the war of ancients event or a boss fight. In the rest of the time they would make quick work of the enemy without getting severely injured. the blonde judged that now was such a time. 

Hearing the two urge her to battle, the blonde simply nodded: "Okay then... time to get this party starting." muttered the blonde as she adopted her perfected attack pre- attack stance. Next lowering her weight center until she'd activate the charge sword skill. She dashed towards the pair of mobs and made two angular slices that start from right to left then left to right, hitting both the lich's guards. She showed a displeased expression as the two mobs were still standing, HP bars being filled with just a slither of red. "I guess area attacks are a bit too much for me." said the blonde a bit rejected. Still a small smirk appeared on her face as she saw that the newly aquired mod had done its job and stunned the two guardians she attacked.

ID# 50430  BD: 7 (nat) Sword Art: (4) Sweep - 2x1*(15+5) & AOE

HP List
 294/294
(Hate: 1) Ariel: 177/177
   Energy: 39/43

Enemies:
Skeletal Lich 1: 5/45 [Stunned]
Skeletal Lich 2: 5/45 [Stunned]

ID: 50451
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion -1) = 4
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 48 Remaining)

As his teammates continued to battle the two lichs on either side of the king Calrex ducked low as he avoided one of the swipes of the creature's might greatsword, "Sorry, you're gonna have to swing faster than that to hit me."

Rushing forward the bluenette triggered his most powerful combination attack, <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>>. The shining golden glow of the attack coated the commemorative sword as he ripped through the field boss with a charge and barrage of slashes before knocking it back, leaping up and slamming his sword down in a helm strike.

"Nice work guys. Finish those two off in case they try to summon more allies or try to heal them!"

(1 Full Rotation Until Skeletal Warriors Spawn)

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex:
 294/294
   Energy: 48/59

Enemies:
Lich King: 229/350 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art = 121 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

Hikoru nodded and aimed to hit a large AoE on the last remaining Lich's of the skeletal variety. He continued forward, preparing his attack and aimed to add a slight jump for flare, but as he prepared to jump, something snagged his coat, and it caught him on the throat. He choked and fell, pulling backward and getting the armor uncaught, gasping for breath. He dropped his weapon and went to undo the bit around his neck and breathed deeply and heavily, doing his best to catch his breath. He rubbed his neck and stood, unable to say anything to the others

ID: 50459

BD: 1

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex:
 294/294
   Energy: 48/59

Enemies:
Lich King: 229/350 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art = 121 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Hikoru