PP - F14 No Rest for the Wicked <<The Lich's Call>> (Hikoru, Ariel) (Completed)

'Why make us attack the dregs when we have close to no AoE skills?' was the question that floated in Ariel's mind as she saw Hikoru...miss, twice then the 'team leader' going solo after the field boss when she knew for a fact that he had more powerful area attacks than her. She turned her gaze towards Hikoru as he was struggling for a breath of air after being trapped by... something. "You alright here?" she asked with a complex expression on her face... she couldn't decide if to laugh it off with him or genuinely be concerned for for his safety.. not to hurt himself. With another sigh she looked at Cal's direction as she barked out another unreasonable order, from her point of view.

"I don't know if I should be angry for you not knowing what I'm most proficient at." muttered the blond in a low tone, filled with dissatisfaction. After all these time fighting together and the bluenette still took thing upon himself, this time she would oblige him and let him realise the error of his ways... alone. She took the two skeletal figures in her sigh once more. She'd listen to him and finish them... instead of the field boss.

"Actually.... you know what? Imma take a break." and with that the blonde simply lowered her rapier as she let Cal take the heat. He would manage it for a turn or two and Hikoru... well he was staying out of trouble on his own.

ID# 50469  BD: 1

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex:
 294/294
   Energy: 48/59
(Hate: 0) Hikoru: 80/80
   Energy: 20/20
(Hate: 1) Ariel: 177/177
   Energy: 39/43

Enemies:
Lich King: 229/350 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art = 121 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
Skeletal Lich 1: 5/45 [Stunned]
Skeletal Lich 2: 5/45 [Stunned]

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 50478
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion -1) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 38 Remaining)

"Eh...why do I feel like I'm losing a crowd or something?"

Feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head Calrex gave a small sigh before looking forward to see the king swipe at him once again. Leaping to the side the massive greatsword smashed into the ground.

As if on cue two skeletal soldiers appeared on the field, but instead of eyes the trio they seemed to start staring at each other, "What in the? That's not a good sign..."

Flipping his sword into reverse the bluenette took a moment to observe the situation, trying to take in all the information he could about the current scenario, "Something's not right about this. I would expect them to try and defend the king. Why are they targeting each other?"

Shaking his head the Ultramarine Knight processed all of the information before coming to a conclusion, "So these dregs...they might be just fodder for the big boss. Sorry Ariel, pretty sure I messed up big time on this one. Both of you, if you can take down the big bad as quick as you can. I'll make sure you don't get blindsided."

"Well, I did tell Meo I wasn't the leading type. I can process things and change myself to adapt to them, but creating strategies and making commands in the field, that's more suited for someone else with a bigger mouth."

(Skeletal Warriors Spawn)

HP List
(Hate: 5) Calrex:
 294/294

Enemies:
Lich King: 192/350 (7 DMG * 11 Art = 77 DMG / +40 HP / Stun End)
Shambling Soldier 1: 20/20
Shambling Soldier 2: 20/20
Skeletal Lich 1: 5/45 [Stun End]
Skeletal Lich 2: 5/45 [Stun End]

Edited by Calrex

After gaining his breath, Hikoru grit his teeth and leapt through the air once more, sending tempests of air to each of the creatures that weren't the boss, which includes the recently-spawned soliders and the almost-dead lich's. He smiled and landed, sheathing his Dagger as two of the four creatures were now pixelated, and the other two were on but a sliver of health. He gave a small nod to Ariel and gave her a thumbs up

"Finish off those and we can destroy this boss once and for all!" He said with a small laugh. He looked at cal and gave him a nod. There was a big chance that he could finish off the large creature, but he would have to wait and see

ID: 50485

BD: 3+3= 6 (Hikoru used Round Accel: 2x1=2x7= 14 Damage to Soliders and Lich's)

HP List
 294/294
   Energy: 16/20

Enemies:
Lich King: 192/350
Shambling Soldier 1: 6/20 (-14)
Shambling Soldier 2: 6/20 (-14)
Skeletal Lich 1: -9/45 (-14)
Skeletal Lich 2: -9/45 (-14)

Edited by Hikoru

"It seemed that everybody was taking the blonde as some sort of AoE master with huge amounts of damage. 'Are these guys drunk?' she asked herself as she looked at Hikoru with a dumbfounded expression then turned it into a soft smile. "Sure honey." she replied with a grin and targeted the main boss. it seemed that Cal regained his senses and gave out the proper directions. Now it was time to show what she was really good at. "Just shut up and watch me!" said the blonde.. to no one in particular as she activated her charge skill. SHe reached the main field boss in a blink of an eye and started unleashing a fury of hits with her most powerful sword art. By the time she was at half of the execution of the sword art, the boss' HP bar was depleted but due to being continuously stabbed by a system assisted sword art, it failed to disappear by exploding in pixels. Only after the blonde delivered her 13th hit, was the lich allowed to die as it exploded with the same generic animation that showered her in blue light.

"Now YOU finish off  the remaining dregs!" she said with a smile but with a commanding tone. reminiscent of the times when she was leader of Absolute Pin.

ID: 50489  BD: 10 (nat)  Sword Art: (13)Over Radiation - 13x*(15+5+2)

HP List
 294/294
   Energy: 16/20
   Energy: 27/43

Enemies:
Lich King: -94/350 (-286)
Shambling Soldier 1: 6/20 (-14)
Shambling Soldier 2: 6/20 (-14)
Skeletal Lich 1: -9/45 (-14)
Skeletal Lich 2: -9/45 (-14)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

OOC: Ghosts released on roll 50490. My bad TT_TT

IC:

ID: 50478
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion -1) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 35 Remaining)

"Heh nice work Ariel! Sure thing leave the rest of these guys to me!"

With a calming breath Calrex quickly leapt skywards, flipping so that he could orient himself towards the ground before coming back down with his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art. The attack pierced the ground as the four lightning bolts seemed to spiral into two before blasting through the two remaining skeletal soldiers. 

With a sigh of relief the bluenette resheathed his sword before lowering the two pieces of the Grand Guard II to his sides, "Sorry about that guys. Guess I'm still a bit out of things."

HP List
 294/294
   Energy: 35/59 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Lich King: -94/350
Shambling Soldier 1: -85/20 (13 * 7 Art = 91)
Shambling Soldier 2: -85/20 (AOE)

Skeletal Lich 1: -9/45
Skeletal Lich 2: -9/45

Edited by Calrex

Hikoru smiled as soon the Mob boss was dead, and soon it's minions with it. This boss had been very easy for all of them, but he noticed that Ariel wen't for the boss instead of the minions. He wanted to say something, but he realized that he was in the wrong. He shouldn't tell her what to do, as he wasn't the leader. He made a mental note of that, and came over to the group. He gave them both a big smile and sheathed his Dagger, giving them a thumbs up afterwards

"Awesome, that was so quick!" He said with a large smile. He looked at Ariel, and with a blush, bowed politely "And i'm sorry for trying to lead, it wasn't my place..." He stood back straight and gave a shy smile "But I promise that i'll do my best to never do it again!" He said with a slight hint of determination in his voice.

As the mobs were defeated, a big pop-up window appeared in front of them. Alongside with a big 'Congratulation!' text and battle statistics, her eyes searched the last part that was of utmost interest for her. The 'Rewards' that were written right there made a smile creep on Ariel's face. She looked at her total amount of unallocated SP, watching as it changed digits then brought forth the 'skill tree' and selected a new 'Mod' adiacent to the Rapier proficiency skill. "Finesse I couldn't think of a better word to describe this thing." she muttered as she selected ' Rank 5 <<One-handed rapier>> Finesse '. As she finished her little vanity display, the blonde took note of her two companion's expressions:

"Why the long faces and the apologies? We won, didn't we?" she asked with a smile. But the blonde was not ignorant enough to let it just to that, she first turned towards Cal and put a hand on his shoulder: "Stop taking everybody's lives on your shoulders and trying to be the hero... That's my job!" she said with a laugh, hopping that he would snap out of whatever he was in. Next came Hik to whom she drew quite close and whispered next to his ear: "And you, I don't mind you ordering me around once in awhile... but keep your head in the game. Leaders need to think before they talk." her voice filled with a sweet tone as her breath brushed against his ear and neck.

Then the blonde pulled back  looked at the two."We finished the quest with little to actually no damage taken. How about we go and celebrate? This new floor must have a good Inn around here. But I wouldn't know since others did the scouting for me."

Calrex gave a laugh as he listened to Ariel speak, giving a nod, "Well alright then, I'll be sure to do that."

Turning to face his teammates the bluenette gave a nod, swiping on his menu as he swapped back to his casual combat clothing from the Grand Chariot II, "Alright then, some celebration is definitely in order. If you two are all set let's get heading back to the settlement. Even though it seems battle camp themed, there's got to be some good spot there for some R&R."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP to all participants)
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col / 133 col to Calrex and Hikoru, 134 to Ariel)
  • Quest Complete (3 SP to all participants)
  • Quest Item (Darkness Salve to all participants)