[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 1 // COMPLETE

A Hunter's Life
Road to 300 Mats

Living as a hunter has been somewhat harder these last few weeks.  Not only have I gotten little to no requests, but my col and material are sitting on threads of nothing.  I could use them on something else, but I don't really need to use them on anything right now.  With all of that going on, I find that being in a guild has slowed my business down too.  Now, I'm no longer a "solo player", but a "Knight of the Blood Oath".  Apparently, once you're part of a guild or opposing guild, no one really wants your services anymore.  That's what I thought until I got two messages from two different members of the guild.  They both heard that I was a hunter, and wanted some materials for their business.  Well, it more seemed like they were sending me joke offers, as they both sent requests of one hundred fifty (150) materials each.  

"Three hundred materials, huh."

I would mutter to myself as I looked upon the expanding desert that made up the fifth floor.

"Let's do it!"

*+2 DMG Potion used

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking through the desert towards one of the known spawn points for scorpions and cacti, I figured that I would start off with the smaller creatures that like to cause me trouble.  Hopefully, these didn't have paralysis, like the last ones.  As I neared the nest for the scorpions, the sand around me seemed to be shifting rather often.  Enough to tell me that the scorpions should be on to me.  Just what I wanted, I thought as the first wave of scorpions surfaced.

Scorpion
HP 40 // DMG 15 // MIT 10

I drew Solace from its scabbard, and readied myself.  As the large insects scuttled closer to me, I released one of my arts to obliterate all of them.  They never stood a chance as they all shattered into pieces.

[ID: 49353]
[BD = 7+2] Hit 
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x10=60-10= 50 dmg
[LD = 13+1] 40x5 = 160x4 = 640 Col

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en)

Scorpion 1 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 2 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 3 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 4 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
4 Mats
640 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having taken care of those scorpions, I was surprised to find that another was emerging from the sands.  Did it not see the utter destruction of its brethren?  Though, I don't think that's how scorpions work, anyway.  Oh well, I thought as I collected my stature into another sword art.  Solace glowed as I was rocketed forward into the newcomer.  The blade would sever the tail on contact, which also gave enough damage to cause the entire scorpion to shatter as I passed it.  The art would come to a close, and I would be much richer as it seemed.

[ID: 49354]
[BD = 4+2] Hit 
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x10=50-10=40 dmg
[LD = 11+1] 40x5= 160 Col

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en)

Scorpion 5 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 Mat}

Total Treasure
5 Mats
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

"That must have been a reconnaissance team.  Usually there would have been quite a bit more to deal with than just five."

I would say aloud as I thought about my dwindling energy and the amount of power I could muster.  So far, my attacks were nearly as one hit destructive arts.  It must have been the help of that damage increase from the potion, but I didn't want to rely on those potions as my sole way to hunt.  Hopefully, I wouldn't have to keep going through my supplies just for those potions, or I won't have enough for myself while dealing with clients.  As I thought this, I started to venture around the nearby cacti.  They were known as this floors material gathering spots, as their thorns could be used for thorn based armor.

[ID: 49361]
[LD = 9+1] Nothing

Nothing around this spot.  I would have to check the next one over.

[1 / 3 turns ooc]

Total Treasure
5 Mats
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Without a moment to lose, I continued towards the next patch of cacti that I could find.  In the desert, there were not that many to find, as gathering spots would lead you to believe.  They would appear regularly, if left for some time.  If the floor was constantly farmed, I've heard that the encounter rate of gathering spots would slow down.  Mostly because of overuse, but some say that it is something else, entirely.  Maybe, the gods of this world didn't want us to gather so much.  Which made my mission that much harder to accomplish.

[ID: 49367]
[LD = 11+1] Nothing

The search through the next nearest patch would be for naught.  It would seem that my fear of someone farming the area before me would be true.

[ 2 / 3 turns ooc]

Total Treasure
5 Mats
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Coming up to the last of the cacti patches around the current area, I was thinking about what I should do next.  Since I was here, I may as well complete that sand shark quest a little later on.  That beast sounded like a ton of fun to hunt down, as it would bring another trophy to my wall.  If I had a wall, that is.  I sighed to myself as I thought about it.  I've been living in the wilds for some time now.  Only regularly going into town for anything that I needed, and then I was back out into the wide unknown.  Maybe, I was getting too used to this world, but it felt like I was missing something when I think about a room in an inn.

[ID: 49374]
[LD = 17+1] +1 Mat

This patch finally had some worthy thorns to add to the collection of materials.  With that, my energy had returned to optimal conditioning.  I started towards the scorpion nest from there.

Total Treasure
6 Mats
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

I feel like I'm having a fit of deja vu.  As I'm walking to the scorpion den, I get a visit from another reconnaissance team of scorpions.  Well, that's what I think of them, as I don't see an army coming at me, yet.  With that thought, I repeated the same moment with the same move that would destroy all of them.  At least, that's what I thought until the last one came out.  This time, it actually surprised me and got a strike in.  Unfortunately for it, what little damage it did was healed by Sorrow.

[ID: 49378]
[BD = 8+2] Hit 
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x10=60-10= 50 dmg
[LD = 12+1] 40x5 = 160x4 = 640 Col
[MD = 10] 15+2=17-7=10 dmg
[CD = 6] Regen 27 hp

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en / -10 hp / +27 hp)

Scorpion 6 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 7 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 8 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 9 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 10 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
10 Mats
1440 Col

Edited by Hirru

Second verse; same as the first.  The last scorpion was my obstacle to the nest, but with the constant usage of energy, I was better off just taking out these recon scorpions.  Maybe, I should just wait for them to come to me next time?  Meh, that would just be boring for me.  It is true that with patience comes great reward, I would rather gain something from the entire nest.  With that in mind, my sword art would kick in as I made the same stance.  Solace glow; I flow; enemy blow.  Poetry in motion.

[ID: 49385]
[BD = 4+2] Hit 
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x10=50-10= 40 dmg
[LD = 1+1] Nothing

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en)

Scorpion 10 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
11 Mats
1440 Col

Edited by Hirru

With another team of those detestable insects destroyed, I sighed as I continue to watch my energy be depleted by heavy damaging, multi-attacks.  I had recently got new arts to use, but that one AOE move seemed to be so powerful, that I'd rather us it on enemies that would be worthy of its strength.  In the meantime, I would just have to suffer the wait of energy regeneration.  Thankfully, I could just gather from the cacti around the area to keep material collection constantly growing.

[ID: 49387]
[LD = 13+1] Nothing

Unfortunately, the search would have to continue towards the next batch.

[ 1 / 3 OOC]

Total Treasure
11 Mats
1440 Col

Edited by Hirru

Going on to the next selection of cacti, I couldn't help but notice its shape.  This one seemed exactly like a weird human posing for a cartwheel, or something like that.  I didn't really understand it myself, or the fact that I knew what a cartwheel was!  My memories of the other side as still slightly hazy, but from time to time, I can recall little gestures or shapes.  Heck, I guess I also knew how to talk to that one guy from the bar, as if he spoke another language entirely.  For all of that to make sense, I would need another memory to come crashing in, but I'd rather not deal with the pain right now.

[ID: 49389]
[LD = 19+1] +1 Mat

It looks like this little thing was actually alive, but it didn't want to fight.  It fled instead, leaving behind stack of 1000 needles.  Unfortunately, the mystery panel that appears to tell me what I got told me that I only got 1 material out of it.

[ 2 / 3 OOC]

Total Treasure
12 Mats
1440 Col

Edited by Hirru

With that out of the way, I went on to the next patch of cacti that I could find.  These seemed to be a little more normal than the last one did, and I hoped so too.  I didn't want to see another stack of 1000 needles that would be sadly converted into a single item.  I think I'm starting to notice something about this world.  Everyone has some type of acronym system that they use for everything.  I notice that I've started using them too, as it seems like the panel also says the same things.  Even my 'menu' seems to use them.  Is there a connection to this and my lost world?

[ID: 49390]
[LD = 1+1] Nothing

It seems that what I thought was another batch of cacti, turned out to be a mirage, of sorts.  I thought my Survival skill got rid of environmental effects?

Total Treasure
12 Mats
1440 Col

Edited by Hirru

I'm thinking that the scorpions should know by now that their teams are not coming back to the nest, for a reason.  Another set of scorpions had burrowed their way towards the direction that their companions had done so before.  Erupting from the ground, they would find what had happened to their mates, as I continue my massacre of the evil little critters.  Of course, there is that one that tries to be heroic, and would try to attack me from the sands.  Not this time, though.  I jumped back to get my distance from the scorpion as it raised itself out of the desert.

[ID: 49446]
[BD = 10+2] Crit 10+2=12
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x12=72-10= 62 dmg
[LD = 16+1] 40x5 = 160x4 = 640 Col
[MD = 3-1] Miss

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en)

Scorpion 11 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 12 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 13 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 14 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 15 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
16 Mats
2080 Col

Edited by Hirru

The last scorpion from the third wave of critters to come after me.  I wondered if I wanted to play with it for a while, but thought against it.  I like to think that I'm a merciful hunter, and that my killings are done in a less painful manner.  Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not gonna let it have a try at me.  I came up to the scorpion and let it attack me with its pincer, like a true gentlemen, then I stabbed it through with the Vorpal Strike art.  Of course, Sorrow healed the damage done to me too.  It wouldn't be right to leave that part out.  I think I should tone it down with the dramatic effects of my thoughts.  Even I'm getting scared of them.

[ID: 49450]
[BD = 5+2] Hit 
[LD = 12+1] 40x5 = 160 Col
[MD = 9] 15+1=16-7=9 dmg
[CD = 8] Regen 27 hp

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en / -9 hp / +27 hp)

Scorpion 15 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
17 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

I sighed as I wiped those nasty thoughts from my mind.  I need to be calm during the hunt, or else I will be the hunted.  It was rather easy to get blind sided by anything, especially if one of those living cacti attacked.  I don't know what 1000 needles will do, but I can take a wild guess, and say 'instant death'.  I sheathed Solace, as I was sure that the scorpions probably wouldn't be sending another scout party towards this direction, any time soon.  Though, that didn't mean that I wouldn't be attacked, so I kept alert as I started my cacti farming.

[ID: 49453]
[LD = 9+1] Nothing

Another lack of materials for these cacti.  On to the next batch!

Total Treasure
17 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

Following my pattern of finding things that I should otherwise question, I found yet another humanoid looking cactus.  This one just seemed to be standing there, like a normal cactus, but with two bases fusing into one.  On further inspection, however, I found it to be just another plant in the desert that had become like this, for some reason.  I don't get nature much, except that it can be unforgiving, if not respected.  I wonder if that spirit fox is still guarding the forest of the first floor.  I should go back down there to check on them once in a while.  I bet the Rakkuns would be happy.  I smiled at the thought as I checked this cactus for anything good.

[ID: 49454]
[LD = 12+1] Nothing

Nothing on this one, either.  My search continues.

Total Treasure
17 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

It was becoming much harder to find these cacti, now.  The more I search; the less I find.  The desert was starting to encroach onto my psyche, as I start to think that I'm looking at something in the distance, but it's either a rock jutting from the ground, or a random obelisk that may indicate a ruin near by.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to be searching for any kind of ruin, until I was sure that it wasn't the scorpion nest.  If I find out that the scorpion nest is a sub-dungeon, I'm going to be so pissed.  I don't want to fight a boss level scorpion.

[ID: 49455]
[LD = 4+1] Nothing

Nothing yet again!  I should move on before anything else decides to...

Total Treasure
17 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

Before I can even think about the next word, another party of scorpions would appear before me from underground.  I sigh deeply before I took the appropriate stance.  My focus would then sharpen as the sword art played out against the team of scorpions.  Shattering of glass would fill my ears as they erupted into tiny shards.  With that the last one, that was almost certainly there, took this opportunity to tag me with its stinger from the sands.  Lately, I would say that their attacks have been getting weaker and weaker, because I could not feel that over Sorrow's love.

[ID: 49456]
[BD = 9+2] Crit 10+1=11 base dmg
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x11=66-10= 56 dmg
[LD = 6+1] Nothing.......fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[MD = 7-1] Hit 15-7=8 dmg
[CD = 11] Regen 27 hp

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en / -8 hp / +27 hp)

Scorpion 16 - [0/40 hp] (-56 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 17 - [0/40 hp] (-56 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 18 - [0/40 hp] (-56 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 19 - [0/40 hp] (-56 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 20 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
21 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having had so much luck in gathering from the past few enemies, I figured it wouldn't be long until my luck would run out.  As I took care of the last scorpion to cross my path, from this group, I noticed that they didn't give me much of anything.  Sure, my goal has only been the materials that they give, but I also live off of the col gained, as well.  How else am I going to pay Iggy for her weird food?!  Speaking of food, I was getting hungry, and the desert was probably making me thirst, cause the mirages were coming back.  I swear that I could smell the weird blue meat right now..

[ID: 49458]
[BD = 8+2] Hit 
[LD = 6+1] Nothing......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en)

Scorpion 20 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
22 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

I decided to settle down for a bit, and eat some bread that I still had.  How long had I forgotten about this stuff, and shouldn't it be molded by now?  I don't know how this world works on that account, or the fact that I knew what mold was.  Another matter of memory laps, I guessed as I bit into the hard bread.  After all this time, it was still awful, but good at the same time.  It just made me want some water, which was another thing that I kept forgetting that I had.  I pulled a flask from my inventory panel, and inspected it for anything that might be foreign inside.  Nothing, but water in there.  I uncorked the flask and drew a swig from it.  It felt slightly relieving to feel that go down, even as I sat on the hot sands of the fifth floor.

[ID: 49460]
[LD = 3+1] Nothing..

Total Treasure
22 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

Thinking back on things, I remember that this was where I first realized my hatred of insects.  It was with... I.. don't remember who.. but I remember that they were a two handed swordsman.  Kalesh!  That's what his name was.. I wonder how he is?  It such quite some time ago, but we were doing the traveler quest on this floor, and I remember the scorpions then.  Nasty with a horrible habit of paralysis stings.  I don't remember what happened much from then, until I came to with my sword at Kalesh's neck.  That was when I was starting to remember my old life too.  Heck, I still am trying to figure out what I was in the other world.  So many noises from what little memories that came to me, I couldn't decipher anything.

"Maybe, I should talk to the guild about this..."

[ID: 49461]
[LD = 8+1] Nothing

I could have sworn that the obelisk from before was around here, I thought as I looked around after taking that short break.  Getting up, I took my sword in hand.

Total Treasure
22 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru