[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 1 // COMPLETE

I carried on until I found that obelisk.  This time, I decided to inspect it thoroughly to find out anything about it.  I found nothing too interesting about it, but I did find some ore that was dug from the sands around it.  Grateful to the structure, I decided to leave it alone.  I doubt I would have been able to do anything about it, anyway, as it would probably show the enigmatic violet symbol <<Invincible Object>>.  I knew that usually meant that I couldn't destroy it, as a certain boulder taught me some time ago.

"I should talk to Grave about getting that skill for myself, too."

[ID: 49462]
[LD = 14+1] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
23 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across another obelisk, just like the last one.  Apparently, I haven't been attacked by any scorpions, so these must ward off monsters.  A somewhat safe zone to be more clear on that effect.  The towns usually had an effect or sign that would show that one had entered into a safe zone, but the outer reaches and dungeons didn't have such a sign.  You usually just figured it out from your surroundings, and lack of monsters trying to kill you.  Inspecting this obelisk would also garner another ore fragment from the loose sands around it.  Another boon for this area.

[ID: 49464]
[LD = 18+1] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
24 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

While I do love a good rest, I had already taken one, and I needed to continue my hunt for the scorpion nest.  I left the obelisk towards a known direction that the scorpions had been spawning from.  It didn't take long for another wave of the unfortunate things to crawl out of the sands to confront me.  I kind of wish that I had more arts to kill these miserable creatures with, as I have started to see the pattern from these encounters.  They come up; I "nail" them; one left; VStrike, and done.  Maybe, I should do something different....

"Nah.."

[ID: 49465]
[BD = 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x10=60-10= 50 dmg
[LD = 7+1] Nothing.......fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[MD = 3-1] Miss

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en)

Scorpion 21 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 22 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 23 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 24 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 25 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
28 Mats
2240 Col

Edited by Hirru

How many teams of scorpions have come at me, today?  I can't remember if it was four or five, but I'm pretty sure it was five.  With the enemy only coming in waves of five, I've been using the same strategy for all of them.  I wonder how my luck will fair once I find the nest.  I sighed as I performed the Vorpal Strike against the last scorpion.  If I ever find it, in the first place.  I don't remember fully where that bloody place was, but I do remember that it was on this floor, in a certain area.

"Continuing the search, then..."

[ID: 49467]
[BD = 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x10=50-10= 40 dmg
[LD = 16+1] 40x5= 160 Col

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en)
Scorpion 25 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
29 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

With most of my energy depleted again, I find that, with all of these monster kills, I have not gained much in levels.  My thoughts start wandering as I continue through the desert expanse.  As I've been venturing, I've noticed that I get stronger as time goes on, but recently, that time lapse between those boosts have become longer.  I should start looking into the harder quests, but with my current strength..  I don't know if I'll be able to make it, let alone get to the top with the Crimson Blades.  The "Double Mac" combo seem to be the only two that he knew somewhat about.  Then there was Ethereal, one of his clients that had also joined the KoB CB.  He seemed to know his way around an encounter, though, I haven't seen him in action yet.

[ID: 49530]
[LD = 3+1] Nope.avi

Total Treasure
29 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

Continuing my train of thought, as I walked along, I continued to think about everyone that I've met so far.  The only ones that I would consider close friends would be Mack, Beoreson, Grave, and Xion.  Ever since Xion decided to live a simple life around the first floor, that list dwindled.  Though, I haven't even told them about my memories, yet.  How can I be considered a friend with lies like that?  I shook my head to get that thought out of my head.  I was on a team now, and we needed to trust one another.  The next training session we have, I'll let them know about it.  In the meantime, I need to keep my mind on the current events.  Training myself into a perfect hunter that everyone will request from.

[ID: 49531]
[LD = 20+1] +1 Mat

Another structure with inscriptions, like the obelisks.  I must be getting close to the nest.  A peculiar plant was harvested from this spot.

Total Treasure
30 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

With the broken ruins behind me, I continued out into the desert.  With the structures that I've been finding, I was sure to find the nest soon.  Unfortunately, that meant that they really were in a sub-dungeon, and I would have to fight a giant scorpion boss monster to be done with this day.  My sighing could not have been any heavier with that thought.  I would just have to mediate between attacks and stun arts.  I don't know if the boss will have minions, though.  I should look out for that too.  I scrunched up my faces as I thought about all of the different things that I had to take care of.

"I really need a proper job..."

[ID: 49532]
[LD = 6+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
30 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

"We had just been sent out by our queen to find the disturbance that has taken so many other teams before us.  We think that something horrible happened, as the vast lands are known for their dangers.  We knew what we were signing up for, but I still got the feeling that everything was going to be worse than we think.  It wouldn't be long until our tunneling found tremors from above.  Something was above us, and heading towards the nest.  I signaled my brothers and they sprang out of the sand before me.  I... I'll never forget what I heard.  Their screams.. they were cold and painful.  Then there was silence.  

When I surfaced, I found out with my own eyes what had happened.

My entire team was gone.  Their bodies returning to the moon goddess from where we lay to rest.  In their place was a figure that was known by all in the vast lands.  Humans, or as they were called by the goddess, Users, had been encroaching on our land since the vast lands were broken apart.

I tried to surprise attack the User with my tail, but it seemed to 'know' that I was there.  It dodged out of the way of my attack.  I don't think I'm long for this world.."

[ID: 49533]
[BD = 6+2] Hit
[LD = 4+1] Nothing......
[MD = 4-1] Miss

Scorpion 26 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 27 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 28 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 29 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 30 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
34 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

"I thought that I was a goner for sure, as the human reared up for an attack with its metallic arm.  I didn't know what to do, so I instinctively snapped my hands at it.  I guess that was enough of a deterrent, as its arm stopped the glow of the sun god.  I need to keep my cool and find a way around this things.  Though my current height could be said to be around this things lower leg, my tail stretched up to its upper chest.  If I could only get a shot at its neck, I could kill it for sure!  My venom was toxic, and expertly created for these types of enemies.  I ran forward at it, while trying to attack it with my iron grip, but the human would jump away from me."

[ID: 49536]
[BD = 1+2] Miss
[MD = 6-1] Miss

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 7/20 en] (+1 en / -2 en)

Scorpion 30 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
34 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

"I could not see it coming, but I knew that I was not long for this world.  This entire fight was one sided, and I was on my way to the moon goddess when I heard the human's metal hum.  It shot towards me with speed that I never thought possible of a creature.  I felt the pain for only an instant, and it was something that I will never forget.  Shooting up through my carapace and into my tail, until nothing was left.  I felt myself returning to the promised land, where my brothers await me."

I felt a tear coming from my eye which I whipped away after sheathing Solace.  The last scorpion had disintegrated, and I had thought out an entire story for its passing. 

"I need to stop giving these things a dramatic life.  They're only monsters, right?"

[ID: 49537]
[BD = 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x10=50-10= 40 dmg
[LD = 10+1] 40x5=160 Col

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 3/20 en] (+1 en / -5 en)

Scorpion 30 - [0/40 hp] (-40 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
35 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

After that little upset of events, I looked towards the horizon to see the affairs of the outside.  It was still daylight, maybe noon, since I started early in the morning.  I needed to hurry, or else I won't be able to get to the nest in time.  With the way things were going, I needed to have enough energy to take the boss scorpion down in one hit.  I would probably have to double time it, and forgo anything that I may be able to gather.  With that thought, I decided not to.  I have random chances to gather small things to help out, and I would rather prefer that, than to run head long into danger.

[ID: 49553]
[LD = 4+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
35 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

Thinking on it, though.  I should take on a more productive job than just a hunter.  Though, I prefer going alone and not having to stay in one spot for too long.  Performers travel, right?  Meh, I don't have that much of a singing voice, unless people like a monotone performer.  Fisherman?  No, I need to be by a water source that could be fished, and those are currently limited to certain floors.  I don't want any of the other generic professions either, as they everywhere.  So.. what is left for me?  I thought this as I walked through the hot desert day.  Maybe, a merchant?  They can have a cart that they can travel with, and don't need to think too much about my wares, as their mostly generic npc store items.

"Maybe."

[ID: 49554]
[LD = 2+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
35 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

With my journeys, I've noticed that I talk to my self, quite a bit.  Well, more like in my own mind, but sometimes I'll catch myself mouthing what I'm thinking.  Sometimes it's just at random, but lately, I've been saying things that I know don't sound right to normal people.

"Like Mr. Penguin.."

Yeah, like that.  I don't even remember when I learned about that.  Continuing through the desert alone was probably just the thing I needed.  Though, in all seriousness, I've been alone this entire time.  From the first floor, to all of my journeys since then.  I've had people accompanying me, but I was only helping them.  I was adding them as friends, but were they really?  What is... a friend?

[ID: 49558]
[LD = 12+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
35 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

I found another obelisk in the desert.  I must have a knack at finding ancient decrepit buildings, cause I've found quite a few of these.  I think they're leading me to the nest, but they may also lead me into something that I don't want to deal with.  Hopefully, I don't run into that sand shark anytime soon.  I'd rather defeat these scorpions first, then go after the shark.

"Heck, isn't there a fairly hard boss creature on this floor that takes forever to kill?"

I said another thing aloud.  I seriously need to figure a way to stop that, if I'm going to be venturing with the Crimson Blades.  With that thought out of the way, I searched the obelisk to find another ore fragment.  Looking at my haul, I was already over ten percent (+10%) of the way there.

[ID: 49559]
[LD = 19+1] +1 Material

Total Treasure
36 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

Another group bites the dust, it would seem.  The seventh group to come at me, and their encounters have become less frequent than before.  It must be the phenomenon that everyone was talking about when an area is farmed for too long.  I wasn't getting as much from the enemies slain, either.  Maybe, I should forget about the scorpion nest and focus on a quest to get stronger.

"Nah.."

I would say which set off the last remaining scorpion at me.  I was able to dodge away from those pincers that could easily trap me in an endless embrace of stabbing stingers.  I wouldn't allow something like that to happen this far out.

[ID: 49561]
[BD = 5+2] Hit
[LD = 2+1] Nothing......
[MD = 6-1] Miss

Scorpion 31 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 32 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 33 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 34 - [0/40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 35 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
40 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

From the jump backwards, I landed in a sand dune which gave me enough incline to start my next move.  Of course, it was going to be Vorpal Strike, but now I had a straight shot INTO the scorpions body.  Positioned correctly, Solace began to glow intently, as if it was ready for it.  I shot forward causing the sand behind me to fly back.  Solace's blade found its mark in the scorpion, and kept going all the way to the cross-guard.  The scorpion would have had ample time to take a sting at me, but it was instantly finished from the over kill.

"Guess that was too much for it.."

[ID: 49563]
[BD = 9+2] Crit
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x11=55-10= 40 dmg
[LD = 9+1] Nothing......

Hirru - [80/80 hp // 4/20 en] (+1 / -5 en)

Scorpion 35 - [0/40 hp] (-45 hp) {+1 mat}

Total Treasure
41 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

With that last fight, I've been noticing that the amount of enemies that I can take on has slightly increased.  I used to only be able to take on four, with five being max.  I feel that I could now take on six, if I really needed to.  Though, I think most of that power comes from the potion that I took when I started this venture.  I should stock up on those when I get the chance.  I also started to wonder what I should upgrade next.  It was true that I needed to become a better hunter, but with the team needing a healer, I should probably stock up for some points.

[ID: 49566]
[LD = 14+1] +1 Mat

Along the way, I found another cacti that didn't want to be touched.  It left behind some of its needles instead.  How gracious of it!

Total Treasure
42 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

A thought rushed through my head while I was roaming the sandy wasteland.  Though, quite a few thoughts have been brewing in there, this one was something that I had completely forgotten.  Back when I was still a wreck of a man on the first floor.  Some people helped me get on my feet, and start my new life in this world.  I still haven't found them, even though I swore to find them again.  I shook my head with that thought, and buried it back into my mind.  To do such a search, I would need to leave my brethren behind, and I don't plan on doing that.

"At least, not any time soon."

[ID: 49567]
[LD = 11+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
42 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

I'm starting to think that combing this desert for anything that could be relatively called a nest, or sub-dungeon was going to be a bust.  All there is on this bloody floor was a channel of mountains that ringed the desert with several towns along them, a few paths that linked them, and then the expansive desert that seemed to continue forever.  If it were not for the large pillar that stood for the labyrinth, then no one would know what to do, or where to go.  Though, the ruins that keep popping up from time to time have been quite helpful.  They seem to emit the same kind of protection that the towns give, albeit smaller.

[ID: 49568]
[LD = 2+1] Nothing

Total Treasure
42 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru

Following the lead that the ruins were giving me, I stumbled upon another group of scorpions.  Unfortunately, things would become different from the times before.  I started getting a little frustrated that I was only finding small teams of the insects, and pushed my entire being into the AOE attack that would obliterate the majority of them.  This made me tired.  A little too tired to even avoid the attack from the last scorpion, but that wasn't going to be a problem.  Sorrow would activate at any moment to heal me.

"It isn't... healing me?"

[ID: 49569]
[BD = 10+2] Crit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x12=72-10= 62 dmg
[LD = 8+1] Nothing......
[MD = 8-1] Hit 15-7=8 dmg
[CD = 2] Nothing...

Hirru - [72/80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en / -8 hp)

Scorpion 36 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 37 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 38 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 39 - [0/40 hp] (-62 hp) {+1 mat}
Scorpion 40 - [40/40 hp]

Total Treasure
46 Mats
2560 Col

Edited by Hirru