[PP-F1] Join the Death Game

@Alakir @Hydra @Allania

Floor One was a rather beautiful sight in the light of the setting sun. Orange-gold streaks of light flowed over the horizon as the sun made its daily round, casting lengthy silhouettes across the sprawling fields. Figures could be seen packing up from the field and jogging towards the safety of the open gates to the Town of Beginnings. Eth leant gently against one of the numerous trees that dotted the settlement, flicking his hand to open the interface of SAO. Examining it for a moment, he checked the time - in a few minutes he'd be meeting a small group of players gunning to get out into the upper floors. 'Couple more minutes. I knew I shoulda got a coffee or something.' the Blade grumbles mentally, returning his gaze to the picturesque view as he awaited their arrival.

Wandering around the Town of the Beginning, still but a few minutes into the game. Startled and astounded that this is a world that she could not leave. Trapped in this death game. After hearing that news all Allania could think about was survival, how would she be able to make it through this world alive and be able to see her family on the other side. 

After spending a while dazed and confused, she remembered that she had agreed to meet with someone just outside of the Town, so she set off, still slightly shocked of her situation but looking forward to the world. 

Walking out of the Town of Beginning Allania realised she had no idea where she was meant to actually meet, so decided to walk about a bit, aimlessly searching for those she was meant to meet.

A boar rushed out the thicket towards a new player, "Oh no you don't, you're mine". Two quick strikes the the boar's back legs rendered it immobile, Hydra looked around for any lower level players who could finish it off for a kill. Noticing one walking around in the fields he waves his hand and calls him over. The spearman's pendant on the necklace shine slightly as it catches the sun. "Hey, over here!"  

ID: 51628 DMG= [1+1(2x1)] = [4-1Mit]= 3 DMG + Stun from <<Maiming Blow>>

Battle:8

Mob:3

Boar 1: 1/4 HP [STUNNED]

Hydra: 20/20 HP | 0/5 Energy | 3 EVA | 2 DMG [Hate 1]

Edited by Hydra

For such a lovely setting, one could almost forget the deadly reality of this beautiful world. Alakir was one such person, simply enjoying the breathtaking skyline, as he walked to meet up with a small group of players, set to meet up for a "training day". The thought sent a shiver down his spine, as he reminisced on his time in the real world, a taboo subject nowadays, when he would relentlessly train is body in the way of fighting. So caught up in his trance, he almost walked past the meeting point they had agreed on, but came to his senses quick enough to realise his mistake. He turned and looked at the small field of trees, each with a varying picturesque scene beneath them. One had a pair of what appeared to be lovers, simply enjoying a picnic, whilst under another, he could see a small girl dancing around with a familiar. Sighing at the tranquil feel he was getting, Alakir looked to the nearest free tree, and lay against it, unaware the High level player he was meeting, was on the other side. As he settled in, he thought to himself 'I've got time for a short nap I'm sure.' as he nestled into the soft bark of the tree, waiting patiently.

Ethereal glanced once more at the ingame time, sighing as he saw the digits. 'Seems that the group is caught up doing something or other..' he sighs in disappointment, then looks up quickly as the sound of battle carries over the wind with a familiar voice. Pushing off from the tree and turning 90 degrees to the cries of battle, Eth steps forwards a few times to the other side of the tree without noticing the player lying on the ground. Shaking his head in bewilderment, he sights Hydra prancing about in the field - probably playing tag or something with a boar. For the life of him, he could never figure that lad out. "For God's sake, Hydra.." he mutters quietly, opening his menu and equipping his huge jagged greatsword. At this point, the Knight spotted the player on the ground - the hat, clothes and height matched the description of one of the players he was looking for. "Alikar, is it? Or have I got entirely the wrong person..?" the alchemist was totally oblivious of the fact he butchered the name, keeping one eye on the battle out in the fields.

Jumping back as the boar breaks through the thicket nearby me. I see it get cut down by a character I've not met before, seeing them stun it and then calling out to me. I take a moment to look around to make sure it is me that he is talking to. Allania then runs forward, dagger in hand and makes a swing for the boar, missing the stunned creature as the swing goes over its head. Annoyed with herself for missing, Allania takes a few paces back, keeping her dagger between her and the Boar.

ID# 51629 results:

Battle: 4

Boar 1: 1/4 HP [STUNNED]

Hydra: 20/20 HP | 0/5 Energy | 3 EVA | 2 DMG [Hate 1]

Allania: 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy |

Edited by Allania

Hydra smiled at the player, not long ago he was like her, dancing around in the fields. The spearman walked forward and bought the rear end of the weapon down on the beast's head *crack*, he would have missed if not for the small ring he was testing today. "Hmm, seems to work", he slipped the ring off his finger and examined it. "Guess this is second hand now, i'll knock down the price". Looking up at the player with the dagger he smiled "Be on guard there may be more boars coming, I arranged to meet with Eth around this time though, so you'll be in good hands..." *yawns*. He notices the boar had dropped one of its tusks, he pockets it to take it back to the store later.

ID# 51630 results: DMG = [1+1x(1x1)=[2-1Mit] = 1 DMG

Battle: 5 + 1 BD = 6 (hit)

Loot: 20 (+1 mats)

MOB: 5 - 3 = 2 (fail)

Boar 1: 0/4 HP 

Hydra: 20/20 HP | 0/5 Energy | 3 EVA | 2 DMG [Hate 1]

Allania: 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy 

Edited by Hydra

Hearing another player horribly mispronounce his name, stirred Alakir from his slumber. Yawning, he responded "No alikir's here friend. But i suppose you are ethereal right? The high level player who planned this meeting? I am Alakir, yes." He stumbled to his feet, still recovering from his precious few moments of sleep. He turned in time to see a young girl stumble out of the forest and miss a boar that had been stunned by a stronger fighter. Alakir could only stare in silent amusement at her sloppy form. When the boar started moving again, he prepared himself to lunge in and save the girl, but his help went unneeded as the boar exploded from a spear strike, most likely the same man who stunned the boar. Chuckling, Alakir started heading over to the two, whilst asking ethereal "So what do you recommend? I've only just started the grind and I don't really feel like dying too soon from missing a stunned boar" he jested, as they arrived at the group of two.

As the two of them approached Hydra and Allania, Eth gave them both a smile. "Hello players, I'm Eth - the guy that organised this meeting." he greets them, then to answer Alakir's question, "The plan is that Alakir and who I presume is Allania will be taking on some boars and other mobs to get the feel for how the combat system and that works. Hydra will assist you both the best he can, showing off his sword arts. In the meantime I'll be keeping an eye on you lot, advising and maybe fighting some mobs myself." He looks between the other players, noting quickly what weapons they were using and how they handled them.

Looking around, still in slight shock from the sudden presence of a boar and playing killing it, Allania heard a player calling themselves "Eth" welcoming her. Remembering now that that was the name of the player she was meant to meet Allania looked up, sheathing her dagger and spoke, saying with a smile "Yep, I'm Allania. Sorry for not coming to meet you, I kind of forgot where we were meant to be meeting so decided to go on a bit of a wander". Then turning to Hydra "Thank you for saving me, that was quite nicely done there with the spear".

Hydra nodded to Eth then turned to the others, "Don't worry about it but no one is going to die here today. Having said that me and Eth will try to help you both. I'm not a high level myself but I can take on a few boars. I've showed you a basic attack, and a stun move so now I'll show you another sword art with my spear". Hydra quickly ran back into the thicket, he returned with 2 enraged boars behind him. He smiled at the two players, he didn't like playing the 'senpai' figure but if it was too help new players he could cope. "Alright, if I miss do not attack the boars. You will create hate for yourselves in doing so". The player yawned, his necklace charm still glowing brightly... "My name is Hydra by the way, but most people call me 'Daydreamer'". The spearman turned back to the boars and got into position. As hydra turned to his fighting position his mind wandered off to the days of his training, he zoned out completely staring into space.

Edited by Hydra

Alakir could only facepalm at the lack of action done by Hydra. "Does he do this often?" he whispered to ethereal loudly, in hopes of rousing hydra from his daydream. He reminded him so much of the rookies who would take to the ring so placidly and unfocused. More often than not leading to broken bones and bruises. He himself used to take on a similar countenance, but his was for show, merely to bait an opponent into attacking as per his preferred fighting style, Drunken fist. Yawning loudly, Alakir waited for the fight to progress.

Edited by Alakir

"All the bloody time, my friend. All the bloody time." Ethereal whispers back, unmoving as the board appeared. Cracking his knuckles, the Knight takes a few steps towards the nearest boar with his fists raised. "Alright you little porkchop! Let's be having ya!" he quips as the Blade charges, bringing his closed hand down in a hammerfist on the boar's head.

ID# 51764 results:

Battle: 2 (+3 =5) Miss

Having not used his martial arts skill in quite some time to say the least, the strike misses the boar by a hair's breath skimming it down one side. Taking one casual step back, he shrugs. "Yes, yes.. My form is sloppy as a wet biscuit I know. I'm not too used to holding back this much, heh."

Edited by Ethereal

Standing back and chuckling to herself slightly, as the two experience players both missed. "Nobody's perfect I guess" she said with joy.

Raising her dagger in preparation for the possibility that she would have to fight, Allania stood at the ready, willing herself that when the time comes not to miss. "My first strike in this game was a dud, let's make the next one better". Which she meant to whisper to herself, but ended up speaking up and out aloud.

*Ping - Level up*, "Wh..what?" Hydra opened his eyes to see his level had increased to 6, he had gained access to the next rank of sword arts with a 1H-Spear. "Oh look at that" He said scratching his left arm. A strong gust of wind blew through through the players, Hydra's brown locks flickered with it as though it had formed a rhythm in the wind. *Yawn*, as Hydra yawned he felt a small creature nip him. "Ah don't do that!", an evil but non-human laugh came from his pocket and two small snake-like heads emerged. To the other players it was probably something they would have never laid sight on before. Raising his spear Hydra activated his new sword art and thrust for one of the boars.

ID# 51813 results: DMG <<Triple Barrage>> = [3+(3x1)] = [9-1Mit] = 8 DMG

Battle: 5+1 = 6 (Hit)

MOB: 6-3 = 3 (fail)

Hydra was surprised himself at how much damage he did, that he fell over. The boars had once again charged but missed. A strike to its vitals instantly destroyed it making it shatter into crystals. The spearman's familiar yawned and slithered up his arm onto his head where is coiled up in a tight ball. He had forgot it was a training session, turning to the others "Oops, sorry... I'll go get some more".

Boar 1 0/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG [DEAD]

Boar 2 4/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Hydra 20/20 HP | 3/6 Energy | 3 EVA | 2 DMG [Hate 0]

Ethereal 105/105 HP | 24/25 Energy | 12 DMG | ACC 3 | 74 MIT [Hate 0]

Edited by Hydra

Alakir, bored of sitting and doing nothing, decided to join in on the fight. Stretching his arms, he equipped his Tekko-Kagi, making a few shadow punches, before lunging at the Boar. "Well, here goes nothing I guess. What's the worst that could possibly happen?" He swiped horizontally for the boar, wondering how out of practice he actually was...

ID# 51824 results: 

Battle: 8 (Hit)

Damage: (1+1) -1MIT = 1

and found his blow connecting. 3 Large gashes ripped into the side of the boar, revealing the light inside, as it squealed in pain. Alakir hopped back, giddy at his first hit being a success!

Boar 2 3/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Alakir 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy | 2 DMG [Hate 1]

Edited by Alakir

Looking on, cautious of the other players not getting hit, Eth realises in a moment that Alakir has a fair chance of being hit given the hate counter. It wasn't exactly rocket science - he had to get the mob to hate him while not killing it. If he used his sword it would be overkilled more than several times over. Only one thing for it! "I got your back, Alakir." he grunts, stepping forward gracefully to strike the mob.

ID# 51829 results:

Battle: 8 (+3 = 11)

Damage: 1 - 1(Mitigation) = 1(Mitigation doesn't reduce below 1)

Now his level was showing - the jap landed cleanly on the nose of the boar in a flash. Hopping back as to not get in the way of players, Eth stands by with little worry from the boar now that he was more likely than not to be attacked next.

Boar 2 2/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Alakir 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy | 2 DMG [Hate 1]

Ethereal 105/105 HP | 24/25 Energy | 12 DMG | ACC 3 | 74 MIT [Hate 1]

Edited by Ethereal

Watching everyone strike the boars with relative ease, Allania steps forward, dagger in hand, and goes to strike. Stabbing forward with the dagger. Once again missing. "I just can't seem to get this right" Allania stated with slight annoyance. "At least my hate has not increased". Stepping back once again, to distance herself from the boar. 

ID# 51831 results:

Battle: 5

Loot: 20

Ethereal 105/105 HP | 24/25 Energy | 12 DMG | ACC 3 | 74 MIT [Hate 1]

Allania 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy | 2 DMG [Hate 0]

Edited by Allania

The players seemed not to notice Hydra's snake like creature. Then again, they were all focused on the boars. The first creature had been killed, the second one was damaged. "Alright let's go find some more". Hydra had spoken to soon, when two more boars and a mother boar had emerged onto the battlefield. The spearman grimaced, even he might not be able to take on this many opponents. Before he had a chance to shout to the others the two younger started to charge towards the group, whilst the larger mother figure stood back.

In the meantime the boar that the others were focusing on charged the group, specifically at Eth.

ID results: 51838

MOB: 1

It was sluggish from taking so much damage. The boar fell over making itself a vulnerable target to the players. It scrambled around on the floor trying to find it's feet but ultimately had no success. 

Boar 3 4/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Boar 4 4/4HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Mother Boar 8/8 HP | 2 MIT | 4 DMG

Hydra 20/20 HP | 4/6 Energy | 3 EVA | 2 DMG [Hate 0]

Ethereal 105/105 HP | 24/25 Energy | 12 DMG | ACC 3 | 74 MIT [Hate 1]

Allania 4/4 HP | 0/1 Energy | 2 DMG [Hate 0]

Edited by Hydra