[OP-F1]A Late Christmas - CLOSED, No New Entrants

OOC: Apologies... he's not always the nicest. Also, I'm writing Allania out of the shop if she doesn't post before I post again.

Mack looked around at Samriel's comment about how she had spent all of her starting skill points. She had put them all into first aid. Forgetting all about the lecture he had been warming up to give to Ratatosk about how women were not, in fact, the devil. Except for Michiko and Magda, as far as the little blonde guy needed to be concerned both of Mack's sisters would gut him like a fish. But, Samriel's revelation required special attention, even as the grizzly cub flopped at her feet and begged for more attention. After all, where there was attention there were also more snacks. Everyone knew that. Closing his eyes for a moment, Mack placed his enormous hands to his temples and massaged them for a moment, closing his eyes and groaning. He was also mastering his rather fiery, on occasion, temper.

"Samriel, take the beggar and go wait around the side of the forge, you can try on the armor there in some privacy and we are going to have some words in a moment after everyone has cleared out," Mack rumbled, then he turned his attention back to Ratatosk. "You, Courage the Cowardly Blonde, go stand in that corner of the tent and face the side of the tent. Remember, if you can't see the girls then they can't see you. It's called camouflage." Next the red-head turned his attention to Allania. "If you're not going to tell me what you need, I can't help you. You're taking up space in my already crowded shop, tell me what you need or leave." Finally, he turned to the purple haired woman who had been the last person to enter. "You, Rainbow Warrior, what do you need?

Edited by Mack
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratatosk's face was nothing but red now, he heard Mack call him courage the cowardly blond and stood at the corner of the tent. Slowly, he turned his head around and had his eyes closed. "I'm invisible!" He shouted. The blonde took a seat on the floor in criss cross apple sauce formation, drawing a sword on a sketchbook with his eyes close. "So this is a forge right? And you're handing out weapons? Got any girl repellent?" Ratatosk forgot to close his eyes when he finished that sentence, as soon as he saw another girl he screamed and shut his eyes tight. "T-They're s-s-scary! I need to get away from here!"

Guest Furia

OOC: Furia's not nice...

Silently, the purple haired woman watched all of the goings on around her as the blacksmith interacted with everyone and passed out various items to those in need. When the blonde male came in, clearly troubled at the sight of so many women, Furia could see no reason not to do everything in her power to magnify that fear. After all, if he was easy to terrify now then the memories of that terror would be fresh in his mind should she ever need to intimidate the kid at a later date. Crossing her arms just below her ample chest, which had a way of magnifying all that she had been blessed with, Furia looked around the tent and occasionally shot a look in Ratatosk's direction, even as she completely ignored Chewie the bear. When the smith's attention was focused on her, she spoke up.

"All I need is a weapon to replace this," she said simply, holding out her beginner's weapon. Once she had received the weapon upgrade she nodded her thanks and, still holding her beginner's weapon she padded almost silently over to where Ratatosk was sitting facing the wall of the tent with his eyes closed. "Here," she purred in a silky tone right in the boy's ear, dropping her beginner's whip down into the kid's lap. "We're not all evil," she continued, still crouching over the kid to whisper right in his ear so that only he would hear her last words, "but I am, and don't you ever forget it." With that she straightened up and exited from the shop.

[Exit Furia]

Watching as the broad blacksmith seemed to be staving off a headache as he rubbed his temples while groaning with closed eyes, Samriel felt a little bad and hoped she wasn't adding to his stress. Then again, he had asked for all this, sending out that mass PM like that. What had the man expected? Squinting in confusion momentarily as he told her what to do, she briefly wondered which of these players was 'the beggar' before she realized he was talking about the bear-dog. She didn't quite like how he said that they were going to 'have some words after everyone had cleared out'. That couldn't be good. In fact it was nearly foreboding. Fighting the urge to drop the items and walk out (or perhaps just run off with them), the blonde nodded hesitantly. After all, she couldn't think of a reason he would hurt her or anything. Though this set up did remind her oddly of a white van scenario... "Alright I guess..."

Listening to his orders concerning the other players in the tent, Sam's mouth quirked in an amused lopsided smile, mainly at the blonde boy's expense. Looking down at the furry familiar, she tried to nudge him off of her feet. "C'mon Sir Begs-a-lot." Eventually Chewie did free her feet and she moved to where Mack had said, glancing around around to make sure she couldn't be seen. Before she could do much else though, the blacksmith's familiar groaned a whine and she sighed. Then she set down the items she had been given and flicked open her menu and went to her inventory. "I don't really have much else for you to eat. Just bread." Still, she gave him a piece of bread anyway, hoping that it would sate some of his hunger as well as get him to leave her alone for a little bit. "Jeez, does he never feed you or are you just a bottomless pit?" Her complaint was said with a small smile though as she gave one final scratch to his head before turning back to the laid out equipment.

Going to her menu once more, Samriel began unequipping her current starter gear. She had been wearing a fairly plain dark purple slit dress that had some chain mail and small pieces of heavy armor in strategic places. But now in her black under things, she then began equipping the fancy items. Once done, the blonde looked down at herself. She felt....a bit silly actually. Like she was playing dress up in her mom's clothes or something. These items were obviously way above her level. They were absolutely amazing and gorgeous and she didn't feel like she deserved them even a littlest bit. Raising a finger away from Dawnbreaker's grip to swipe open her menu to unequip everything, Samriel paused as it showed a smaller version of her avatar to demonstrate what she had equipped. She looked....impressive and beautiful. Like a real warrior. And her stats were amazing! Her eyes widened exponentially when she saw how through the roof her mitigation was with what she had on.

Four years and seven months ago, Yuzamei had her first coma. During that time only her mother's voice could soothe her nightmares, even in the darkest of nights her mother would be there for her. Attachment was what resulted from that, the girl loved her mother and in return she received the same payment. Parents will take the bullets for their children the people say, we know that not all of it is true, but for Yuzamei it is.

"M-Mom, Mmmm, M-Mom?" Yuzamei asked whilst sitting on her hospital bed, a warm blanket being placed comfortably over her body.

"It's alright dear, just go back to sleep."

"Mom? Mom!"

Yuzamei opened her eyes, she was sleeping on the first floor benches again. Although she was in a slumber, she received a message from a person named Mack to go to his shop on the fourth floor of Aincrad. "A-Ain, Aincrad?" Her awakening meant the loss and regaining of memories, a couple days ago she was only speaking Japanese, and now she speaks English fluently; in a British accent. The girl put on her crimson pair of glasses and walked over to a woman named Magda, staring at her body in shock. "No way... How?" The gigantic red haired lady was awfully well endowed, but she got her mind off of silly things like breast size. Yuzamei offered her hand to Magda and greeted her in a British accent, "Hello, I am... Erm... I forgot my name, sorry."

Magda looked down as the young girl approached her. She was nearly one and a half feet shorter so it was difficult to really know where Yuzamei's eyes were. Her brow furrowed at the strange question and she tilted her head to the side which sent her crimson hair shifting as well. She'd been sleeping on a bench so Magda had figured she wasn't here for the free gear Mack was offering, unless she'd just arrived entirely too early. Her expression softened when the girl revealed that she'd forgotten her name. Amnesia perhaps? She'd heard of some players totally losing it so perhaps this was a result of that? She couldn't really know without asking and it wasn't a topic she'd really breach so it was left unanswered. "If you open your status window you should see your name there." To further illustrate her point Magda swiped the index finger of her right hand down to open her menu. "You'll see it there." She offered the girl a slight smile. The only reason she even knew that was due to the help she'd received from her brother. "Are you here in response to Mack's PM about free gear?"

Yuzamei looked at Magda dumbfoundedly, "Mack?" She asked with her British accent. "I didn't get any private message from a Mack. Are you mistaking me for somebody else?" Her head began to hurt, she slightly bobbed left and right until she fell unconscious again. And again, the girl opened her eyes and looked at Magda. "Status window?" Yuzamei opened her menu and looked at her username, "Yu... Yuzamei?" The girl with the crimson glasses knew with that meant, in the blink of an eye she started to remember. "Kon'nichiwa, Watashi wa Yuzameidesu. (Hello, I am Yuzamei)." Fresh memories returned to her mind, she was at a state of bliss. Yuzamei allowed the corners of her mouth to turn into a smile. "I... I remember now..."

(Sorry for the short post.)

The girl appeared confused about just about everything. When she appeared to be in pain the crimson haired woman didn't know what to do. She could relate to not knowing much about the game but she couldn't imagine what it'd be like not to remember her own name. Soon she opened her menu though and the girl's eyes blinked and she spoke her name. Magda could only smile in response to the young girl's revelation that she suddenly remembered her name. "Yuzamei eh? I'm Magda," she said as she thrust a massive hand out to shake the girl's hand. "Mack is my brother." She idly pondered if that big oaf missed one of the players but then again maybe this one was above level ten? "He's a blacksmith of some renown and he's giving away gear to lower level players." Her bright-eyed gaze seemed to linger for a moment as she asked, "You are under level ten right? If so then just step in the teleport area." She nodded towards the teleport pad. "Say Teleport Snowfrost and you'll go to the fourth floor. Just be sure to wear a coat it can get rather cold there." She then gave the little girl directions on how to get to the tent where Mack's forge was located.

"It never hurts to get free gear after all. If you have any other questions he should be able to help you out, or you can stick around here with me if you don't want any gear. Oh and if you do go don't feed the bear." She offered as light shrug. Magda didn't know what she could do for Yuzamei though since she was still rather new to all this too. Either way she was relieved that the girl seemed to remember her name at least.

Edited by Magda

She stared at Magda's eyes in shock, "Bear?" Yuzamei was curious, but her curiosity could be fed once she actually arrives at Snowfrost. "Teleport, Snowfrost!" Throughout the teleport sequence, Yuzamei closed her eyes and when she opened them again, an endless wintery wonderland appeared. The cold was tough, but she came with a cardigan sweater, it was able to shield her body from the tough weather conditions of this floor. "Her brother she said, but no location." Yuzamei sighed deeply, how do you find someone when you don't even know where they are? Conveniently, a big tent was right near the spawn zone of Snowfrost. The girl with crimson glasses gulped, "Here I go..." She muttered.

The flap of the tent opened as a pair of eyes can be seen peering inside. Yuzamei was opened up to an entirely new world, the land of Snowfrost in the floating castle, Aincrad. "You were handing out free gear?" The monstrous behemoth of a man Mack looked far more terrifying than she thought he'd be, perhaps it runs in the genes like Magda. Through the corner of her eye she noticed a blonde boy that had an unconditional fear of girls. He mumbled about how girls were scary, and then a thought crossed her mind as well as a smile. "Boo!" She shouted, opening Ratatosk's eyelids forcibly with her hands. The look on his face would be fun for Yuzamei to see, she hasn't pranked or trolled anyone for ages.

Priscilla was caught a little off guard by the notification that appeared in front of her, having never received one in the game so far. Tapping on the prompt box, it pulled up a message from a player named Mack. As it was, Priscilla hadn't really met any players and if she had met this one, she would have certainly remembered such an easy to recall username, "Well, let's see what he has to say..." She began letting her eyes roll along the lines, "Alright, it's to all players... Pull our weight... Oooh, free goods from Wandering Forge?... Meet at the Town of Beginnings..." She quickly closed out of message box and started hauling butt over to the center of town, which was not too far from her current location, "Geez, can't pass up an offer like that!" Thankfully, the meetup point was in a safe zone, which meant she didn't have to worry about this being some mass execution or bait. After arriving, she'd see a few players up ahead and it seemed like the player with the most attention was a stunningly tall, red-headed woman. Priscilla would make her way up and wait for an appropriate time to introduce herself, "Hello, I'm Cilla. Got a message from a player named Mack, would that be you or...?"

"Be right with you," Mack called to Yuzamei as she entered the shop. Man, that girl looked young. Way too young to be running around by herself, the glasses didn't exactly do much to age her. Of course, even as he was thinking that she wandered over to Ratatosk and shouted "Boo" at him as she pried open his eyelids. On the one hand, it was a bit cruel, on the other hand, watching the blonde's reaction was priceless. Even as Yuzamei was entering the shop, Allania made her exit quietly. Apparently, the other blonde had decided against the free armor and weapons. Mack shrugged, you couldn't help those who were unwilling to accept the hand outs that were also, in truth, hand ups. "No, I don't have any girl repellent, the sooner you tell me what items you need, the sooner you can escape from the uterine terrorists." 

Chewie, for his part, was not letting the snack giver out of his sight. No, not even for a second. Where there was one snack, there would be two snacks. Everyone knew that. He completely ignored Yuzamei, instead following right along behind Samriel and forcing his master, the blacksmith, to move to one side and inadvertently brush against the heavily laden blonde woman to avoid being run over by his own familiar. "Sorry," Mack rumbled, his ears pinkening almost imperceptibly as he brushed against Samriel as she moved around behind the forge to the very limited privacy that was offered by that area in order to try on her armor. The ginger giant ignored the desire to turn and catch a peek, though he was sorely tempted. Any one would have been, the way the blonde looked. She definitely needed someone to look after her for a bit, luckily, she had found the right guardian. Maybe.

Chewie was completely unworried by what the blonde was doing. She could be wrapped up in the skin of the grizzly cub's own mother or wearing absolutely nothing for all Chewie cared. The bear only wanted more attention. When the bread was offered he greedily horked it down, spewing crumbs in all directions even as Samriel added the armor to her active equipment. That done, the bear looked up greedily at the blonde. She was holding out her finger. Surely, a sign that more food would be forthcoming. Giving a greedy sounding sort of woofling grunt, the bear cub promptly scampered back up Samriel's leg and into her arms again before proceeding to rub his head under her chin while making more food noises.

Ratatosk got nervous when Yuzamei entered the tent, "Oh no, another girl!" Not long after she entered, the girl pried open his eyes so he could see all the girls. "What the- Aghhhh!!!" His legs were very wobbly when he walked up to Mack, in addition his eyes were blindfolded. "I need a straight sword, one handed please, please man! You gotta do it quickly or these girls will destroy me!" Through the blindfold was a shower of tears, how could they do that to him? It was so mean! The best way to deal with it was to get what he needed and leave until he picks up his accessory, then he'd be able to interact with girls.

As Cilla approached Magda’s gaze immediately fell on her hair. She'd always liked that shade of hair and even considered changing hers to that once but eventually decided against it. From the height difference the two shared discerning exactly where her eyes were focused could prove more than a little difficult. When Cilla introduced herself Magda smiled in response. “Oh no no I am not Mack,” Magda said as she waved her hands frantically.. “That would be my boorish brother. I'm Magda." It was a common mistake to make since these players were supposed to be meeting Mack here. "He took a group through already to Snowfrost on the fourth floor. Just stand on the teleport pad and say Teleport Snowfrost, but do not leave the safe zone. That could be bad.” Once more her gaze shifted to her hair. “I’d wear a coat as it’s horridly cold there. Once you have arrived head through the town and you’ll eventually come upon a tent. You can’t miss the Wanderer’s forge,” she said. She was about to shift her attention back to the other players when she remembered the last bit of advice she was supposed to give. "Oh and don't feed the bear."

@Cilla

While this wasn't the blacksmith that she was expecting to meet, at least she was at the right place and speaking to the right person, "It's nice to meet you though, Magda. I'm Cilla, by the way." As it turned out, the player that had originally sent the message out resided on the fourth floor of the game, in a rather concerning location by the name of Snowfrost, "Certainly won't leave the safe zone, least not on that high a floor yet. To be fair, I'm more concerned about the weather - never been a fan of frigid air." She already had her mind flooding with the thought of goosebumps and she could have sworn the air had dropped a few degrees in just the span of this conversation alone, "Well thank you, Magda. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the help. Farewell!" Priscilla made her way over to the teleport pad and spoke the magical words, "Teleport Snowfrost," bringing her to the fourth floor faster than she imagined. Upon arriving, she'd find that the advice on the chilly atmosphere was certainly true, but trudged along until she had discovered the Wanderer's Forge, "Sanctuary..." Pushing in the door, she spotted a monstrous man somewhat resembling the appearance of the woman named Magda three floors below, "Salutations! I'm Cilla... Mack, is it?"

@Mack

Edited by Cilla
Guest Kroshma_Tokran

After Kroshma received a PM from someone named Mack telling him to go to the Portal Plaza to meet the Blacksmith and receive free. However, he was in the plaza, and he saw no blacksmith. He searched for a good long while, and soon figured that the blacksmith had already left for some reason. For a time, Kroshma sat and pondered what he was going to do. Then he thought that he wasn't going to get anywhere sitting around doing nothing, and that he might as well try asking somebody if they could help him find a blacksmith. He began to look around for someone who he figured might know where to find a blacksmith. That's when he saw a woman that towered over him in a red cloak and fur plated armor. "Surely she would know where I'd be able to find the blacksmith." he thought, immediately rising to go and confront the human tower. When Kroshma was in front of her, he looked up at the woman, crossed his arms, and spoke firmly. "Where's the blacksmith?" he asked. "I demand an answer immediately. I've wasted too much time sitting here twiddling my thumbs."

Looking about the plaza, Warg tried to locate the player whose face matched the icon on the PM about free gear.

"Gonna have to swallow my pride a little if I wanna live through this..." he muttered to himself. Looking up and seeing a burly, red-haired woman, he called out, "Hey, are you Magda? Is this the place I was PMed about?"

Edited by Warg

There was a smile on her face throughout most of the time she spent in the central plaza directing the other players to where they needed to go. That is until the player who was nearly two feet shorter than her walked up and demanded answers from her. At first she didn't respond. She stood there and stared at him. Her smile slowly turned sour and she was just about to speak her mind before another player walked up. This one showed a considerably more tact that the other. She gave him a brief nod to confirm that she was indeed Magda but rather than answer his question where the kid who made a demand rather than ask she gestured Warg to lean in closer. So long as he didn't take any exception she leaned in and whispered close to his ear. "Stand on the teleport pad and say Teleport Snowfrost. Head through the town and keep going until you find a tent. That's where you need to go. Don't feet the bear. Don't leave the safezone." Unless the man made her say it from a distance she took special care to make sure the rude one didn't overhear. She then stepped back and smiled at Warg before she looked at Kroshma and her smile withered. With a slight nod of her head she gestured towards Warg and simply said, "Follow him."

@Warg @Kroshma_Tokran

Leaning in to listen to Magda's advice, Warg's ears perked up slightly, straining to catch her quiet words. Nodding at the conclusion of her directions, Warg spoke up, "Thank you, Magda. I appreciate the help. Hopefully someday I can return your and Mack's help." he then turned to Kroshma, nose wrinkling slightly, and cocked his head to the direction Magda had pointed out, indicating that he should follow Warg. Walking onto the teleporter, Warg spoke clearly, announcing, "Teleport- Snowfrost!" and disappearing, waiting on the other side for Kroshma to follow him, so that he could let him follow, as Magda had said.

@Magda @Kroshma_Tokran

Luna gulped as she appeared at the teleport gate in Snowfrost, it was the highest she had ever been in Aincrad. The floor was beautiful, snow fell endlessly from a sky that looked like it had been painted by a master artist. "How can a death game..." The bluenette said to herself. "How can it be so pretty..." She mumbled, trying to distractc herself from the people that were looking at her as she walked towards the location the wanderer's forge. 

She could hear the hustle and bustle, the voices of many people, all of them semed to be competing against each other in an effort to be heard. With a deep breath in she entered the tent, carefully picking her way up to the hulking blacksmith which owned the shop, making sure that she didn't let anyone see her face, she was too embarrassed. "Umm..." The girl mumbled as she stood next to Mack, at a mere 5 feet tall she was nearly 2 feet shorter than the hulking red head. "Umm sir...I h-heard you were...giving Way some g-gear" she stammered, intimidated not only by the amount of people but by the smith himself, but to be honest you would be hard pressed to find a 5 foot girl who wasn't.

As he stood there, getting ready to stand and wait for the obnoxious person who'd been talking to Magda before, Warg stopped and thought, "Maybe he can just follow my tracks. I really want to get this errand over with and get hunting..." Warg spun on his heel and began walking towards the tent he'd been directed to go to for the gear he'd been offered. Hiking through the cold, he hugged his arms tight, looking at the beautiful sky and breathing deeply of the icy air, "At least I've been trapped in a winter wonderland. This could be worse by a long ways." he chuckled to himself, trudging through the frost and slush. Hearing the growling of the bear he'd been told about, he double checked his map to ensure he was still in the safe zone, and seeing that he was, he continued past to the tent.

Going to the tent, he saw a giant of a man talking of equipment and gifts, sounding something like a Santa Claus figure, giving away weapons to all the good little noobs and scrubs. Warg chuckled at that thought as he watched a smallish young woman trying to get the blacksmith's attention in vain, and walked up to stand next to her, "Excuse me sir, I believe this lady here is attempting to get your attention!" Warg half-shouted over the din of the surrounding people clamoring for their gear and talking amongst themselves about it.

@Luna @Mack