[OP-F1]A Late Christmas - CLOSED, No New Entrants

Guest Kroshma_Tokran

Kroshma turned and saw a man walking away from them, and assumed he was who she was talking about. He began to follow him, keeping a close eye on him and leaving the woman without thanks, for he felt that there wasn't much that was done that required thanks. He Didn't get the information he needed from her, but he might, sooner or later. He watched the man step onto a pad and say 'Teleport - Snowfrost', and then he was gone. He was supposed to follow the man, so he got onto the pad and said "Teleport - Snowfrost." and like that, he was away from the plaza, and into somewhere new. Kroshma looked at the ground, and saw footprints. He gathered they must be from the man he was following. Kroshma stepped away from the teleporter and began following the tracks. Quickly, the cold chill of this new environment began to stick to him wrapping around him and cutting like barbed wire. "Ha! A little breeze isn't gonna stop me!" he said, pressing onward.

Soon, he reached a tent. He entered, and looked around. He saw quite a number of people. Including he man he was following. When he was done looking, he started scanning, looking for people who might be the blacksmith. The person who stood out the most was a burly man with red hair. He was the first person Kroshma would approach. He walked over to him, and crossed his arms. He looked up at him, chin pointed down, and stated his question. "Are you the blacksmith?" he asked.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: @Kroshma_Tokran, nothing personal OOC. Mack ain't the politiest guy IC though. @Warg, I'm going to write you as leaving the shop when Kroshma enters. @Luna, @Cilla, and @Ratatosk, your weapons are in approval. @Yuzamei and everyone else, Mack's going to question you all for the items you need in this post. That helps me know what to craft.

Just as things seemed to be petering out, another slew of new faces entered the shop led by the purple haired Cilla and a blue-haired girl that marched right up to him and tried to hide. Or seemingly tried to hide. She wasn't exactly a loud person, clearly. "Purps, wait with the Imp over there," Mack rumbled, pointing at Cilla so she would know she was "Purps" and then to Yuzamei who, clearly, was impish. "Smurf," he continued, ushering Luna out from behind the display tables. "Go wait with them." No sooner had Mack sorted out the female situation then he was joined in the shop by both Warg and Kroshma. Warg seemed the helpful sort, but oddly ducked out shortly after entering the shop.

"Yes, I am the blacksmith. Now, to the back of the line," Mack rumbled, pointing to were Yuzamei, Cilla, and Luna were all waiting. Then he turned his attention back on Ratatosk. "I should have a weapon around here somewhere for you, do you need heavy armor or a shield," Mack asked. While he was waiting for Ratatosk's response the blacksmith pointed to each of the waiting players in turn and posed the following question: "Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield, what do each of you need and you'd best answer one at a time."

The silver haired player had received a curious message in his inbox from a player that went by the name of Mack. The player had sent out a mass of the same mail to many other players to which caused Lee to take note of this. That must mean that he was a friendly individual and that also meant that he could also become friends with such a person and, in turn, become friends with even more people. With that, Lee Song-Fang would rise from the water front of the pond and make his way to the location that was indicated on the mail to find that, of course, it was well received by a great deal of other players.

The white clad player would head to the original site that was to be the meeting place but once there, it would seem that the party had moved itself to another floor. "Nothing ventured." It was a simple enough thing to do, moving to another floor, so long as it was a floor that was unlocked by the frontlines and a player didn't wander to far off the beaten path. The snow of the floor though was something else. Lee felt that if he were to lay down, he could disappear completely and would surely enjoy this floor far more with friends on a later date. 

"This is quite the sight." He would say with his ever present smile upon his face as he looked over the shop and the line that had formed. It would seem that the Mack person was a shop owner...smith? That must mean he interacted with people daily and that only made him wish to meet this man even more. 

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

Luna gulped as mack addressed her, using the name "Smurf", obviously referring to her hair colour. He was loud an intimidating, he seemed gruff and rude, but in an almost leader like fashion. The bluenette timidly nodded before joining the rest of the girls waiting in line for a weapon from the smith. She looked around, the tent had a large amount of people in it, all of them low level and a surprising amount of them female...how any girl could stand suck a ruckus she would never know. 

She sighed as she waited, trying to hide her face behind her hair as the gazes of others seemed to meet hers every now and then, causing the petit bluenette to become very nervous and embarrassed. 

Guest Kroshma_Tokran

Kroshma looked to where the blacksmith had pointed to. Surely enough, a long line, mainly consisting of females, was formed in the tent. The sight of the line itself made him feel a bit irritated. He decided to comply rather than argue and headed to the back of the line. He positioned himself behind the bluenette and crossed his arms, waiting his turn patiently. "This an outrage!" he thought, venting to himself. "Why should I, the great Kroshma, have to wait in a line? No matter. I'll receive what I came for soon enough."

Ratatosk looked at Mack, then the girls. "A weapon of you have any, a one handed straight sword would be the best." He saw Yuzamei, Villa, and even more girls walk in! "Oh [censored], I'm dying..." Just the sight of then made his stomach rumble. "Maybe I should leave right after this you know, there's way too many g-girls here and they're all really pret- I MEAN SCARY!" The blonde's face was redder than Mack's hair, what just made him almost say pretty?

The fatigued swordsman ducked his head slightly, peeking under the canvas and into the interior of this blacksmith shop.  He exhaled, blowing a noxious breath of tobacco smoke out of the corner of his mouth while taking a gander.  Well, guess this is the place, he thought to himself, pursing his lips in curiosity.  It looked a little packed right now, what with all these kids lined up like good little soldiers.  Clearly the blacksmith that ran this shop was worth his weight and the smoker considered himself fortunate just to be standing outside.  He hadn't gotten any PM, nor heard any announcement, but had merely bumped into a player and asked about weapons and gear.  That player had given him the name of a shop on the fourth floor; The Wanderer's Forge, and insisted he go and take a look.  Perhaps it would be worth the trip...

(OOC: Ronin has arrived @ The Wanderer's Forge, but is just kickin' it outside finishing his cigarette for now)

Edited by Ronin

OOC: @Ratatosk, @Cilla, increase your stats by +1 DMG & +1 ACC. @Luna your stats get +2 DMG. @Seul, stop in on this thread and pick up your shield and knife. Easier this way and you'll get an SP out of it.

"You all got cloth ears," the Blacksmith asked, scowling at the assemblage of players that was growing by the instant. Did none of them know how to tell him what kind of gear they needed so he could get them equipped and sent out on their way? The giant ginger man gave a long suffering sigh and swiped his finger in the air in front of him. "I'll deal with all of you in just a moment," he rumbled, pulling up the personal messenger. The blacksmith had reached the point of maximum nope-age in dealing with the new players. That and his stock was starting to get seriously depleted. Quickly, he banged out a message to @Magda. 'That's enough, get up here to the Forge so I can get you equipped and shoot a message to @Michiko as well so she knows to get up here for her gear.' With the message sent, Mack turned his attention back to Ratatosk who looked like he was about to wet himself.

"Here," Mack growled, snatching up a sword at random as his hands fell upon Bor's Might, a one handed straight sword that carried boosts to both accuracy and damage output. Mack all but shoved the sheathed weapon into the blonde kid's hands. "Bors' Might. Try not to put your eye out with that thing," he continued, not bothering to ask for a third time if the blonde needed armor or a shield. If he did, then tough, Mack was tired of dealing with the little ball of terror. "Now, run away from the girls. Scram, or I'm going to tell them all to kiss you. On the lips. With tongue." Mack growled, trusting that would be enough to send the blonde kid running for the hills in a hurry.

"Purps," the blacksmith barked, crooking a finger in Cilla's direction and beckoning her to step on up to the tables. His dark eyes swept over her for a moment before settling on the sword she was carrying. A beginner's scimitar. "Here," he rumbled, moving along behind the tables and picking up what looked like a truncated cavalry officer's saber. "Shahrazad's Saber, boosts damage output and accuracy. Do you need a shield or armor," he asked and, while waiting for her to make up her mind he moved on to the next newbie player.

"SMURF," Mack barked, his voice cutting through the growing din of voices with a drill sergeantesque snap. He pointed to a spot next to Cilla right in front of him and waited for Luna to approach. "That thing is garbage," he rumbled, plucking her rapier from its sheath. The weapon was more like a fencing foil than something that would actually be useful in combat. "Garbage," he reiterated, snapping the weapon's blade in his hands and watching as it dissolved into pixelated nothingness. Just as quickly, his hands found a much better rapier. "Capo Ferro's Blade, big boost in damage output. I'll be back in a minute, decide if you need armor or a shield."

"You, line cutter," Mack barked, pointing a finger at Kroshma as a silver-haired guy slipped into the tent. The colossal blacksmith pointed to a spot opposite him and immediately next to Luna. "Weapon, shield, armor... decide what you need and tell me." Without waiting for the kid's response Mack moved on to the next newcomer with the silver hair.

"GRANDPA!" The accusatory finger jabbed in the direction of the silver-haired player. "Front and center. Weapon, shield, armor... what of that stuff do you need, come on specifics," the big man continued, snapping his fingers at the players that he still needed information from and waiting for Magda and Michiko to arrive to pick up their own gear that was specially set aside.

"K-Kiss me?" His lips quivered in fear as he looked at the crowd of girls. A scream escaped his mouth, "Gotta run, gotta run!" The blonde bolted straight out the tent, he left a golden trail of... His hair? Behind, two locks of it actually. "Holy [censored]! That was like a princess scene, oh no! I don't want a girl to be my knight in shining armor!" He ran faster out of fear, but he wondered why girls made him scared. "Maybe it's cause they're pret- SCARY!" There it is again, he almost said pretty. In time, Ratatosk would eventually grow to not fear girls, and maybe even his protective, soft side would appear.

-Ratatosk leaves the thread

OOC: Mack invited me since this was his rp, so please don't yell at me.

Rae Rose was walking through town when she noticed a guy running out of a tent screaming. "Well then." She said with a smile on her face. She watched as the boy ran off, out of sight, then she turned her gaze over to the tent and looked at it for a few moments. I wonder what could be inside there that could have scared that boy so much? Rae thought to herself before walking towards the tent. She stood outside of the tent for a few more seconds, took a deep breath, and then walked inside.

As Rae entered the tent she could see alot of people. She kept her mouth shut for the time being, being a little shy to the newer people. She never understood why she'd get shy seeing new people, she's actually very good at meeting and handling new people. It's just the fact that if she hasn't spoken to them yet then she doesn't know what they might do. "U-Ummm...... W-What is this place?" Rae asked in her soft, ear candy like voice to anybody who was listening.

Edited by Rae_Amalia_Rose

A blonde haired boy came bursting outta' the tent and went racing past Ronin, causing the swordsman to lift his cigarette wielding hand up and out of the way to avoid burning the child.  He grumbled, clearing his throat and spat at the ground as he watched the youth go scurrying off in a frenzy of self counseling.  Ronin shrugged and turned his attention back to his lifted hand, lowering it back to his lips and taking another hard drag at the cancer stick.  "Man, what I wouldn't give for a brewski right about now..." he sighed, closing his eyes and taking a final drag at his smoke.

He had heard a rather commanding voice coming from inside the tent, booming as it spoke.  What sounded like an avalanche of thunder, was surely the voice of the blacksmith, though Ronin had yet to have the pleasure of meeting this apparently skilled craftsman.  From what it sounded like inside and the way he was barking out nicknames and orders, he might've grown rather weary of having all these people in his tent at once, crowding up the place and overwhelming the aura with their low level ignorance.  More importantly, it sounded like he was just handing out gear...

Ronin himself was no stranger to games, nor dealing with other players in business transactions, so he decided he might do well to simply slip inside and say his peace.  Surely a hard working blacksmith with this much business and these many fans who seemed to simply be lollygagging inside his shop, would be able to appreciate the smoker's bluntness as he made a straight fire request of his own.  Flicking his remnant cigarette to the breeze, he slipped into the tent, his eyes taking quick inventory of all the other players inside, as well as all the gear laid out.  This place was a [censored] gold mine...

Stepping up, but off to one side as to clearly separate himself from all the others, Ronin's eyes fell upon the massive mountain of a man with the ruby hued hair.  "Hey pal," he began, lifting a gloved hand and giving a slight wave to try and garner the blacksmith's attention.  "...I'm looking for a heavy armor chest piece, somethin' that can really take a beating and keep me from taken one.  Got anything?"  The swordsman's request was short and sweet and after speaking, his eyes fell to the gear laid out which was probably already spoken for.  The craftsmanship looked beautiful and Ronin was glad he had decided to come give this place a look.

OOC: Rae entered this thread because I told her it was ok to do so. My thread... my rules on stuff like that. Just makin' sure no one says anything to her about entering a CLOSED Thread. Rae, I'm nice enough OOC... but Mack is gruff IC. Nothing personal. Rae, I'm assuming that the clothes in your avatar pic are what Rae is wearing in this thread... Mack will comment on it. Also, until people give him names Mack is nicknaming people in this thread, not all nicknames are the nicest. @Ronin, boost your stats by +18 Mitigation.

As Ratatosk went scampering away at the maximum speed that his legs would carry him, Mack chuckled to himself. At least that was one fewer person in the confines of the shop which was, admittedly, getting to be a bit crowded. Of course, no sooner had he left then his place was taken by a woman wearing an absolutely crazy get up. Where on earth had she gotten clothes like that as a level one player. "You, Snow Bunny," Mack snapped, pointing at the woman that seemed to basically be clad in her underwear as far as he was concerned. "I don't even want to know where, why, or how you came to be dressed like that as a level one player," he rumbled, swiping a finger in the air and pulling up his inventory. He scrolled through the items and found one of the old gold trimmed Crimson Blades cloaks. It was quickly tossed in Rae's direction. "Put that on. This is the Wandering Forge, I'm the blacksmith Mack, and I'm equipping low level players right now for free. You all need to start pulling your weight..." he was in the process of continuing to pontificate when the flap was opened again.

Was it Magda?

No.

Was it Michiko?

Again, no.

It was someone else he didn't know.

"Oh for the love of... wait a minute, you said exactly what you need!" Mack clapped Ronin heartily on the shoulder. "This, you bunch of green recruits is how it is done! You walk in, find a spot, and announce what you need so we can keep the line moving," Mack rumbled, his voice cutting through the din as he made a very clear example of Ronin as doing things the right way. "Here," the smith said, snaring a black breastplate with attached pauldrons which were marked with a white cross. "Teutonic Defense, this will help you survive on the lower floors no matter how many times you get hit. Anything else?"

OOC: @Mack None taken, As I get it's just rping.

Rae looked around as she watched another person walk into the tent and up to the blacksmith. She looked at the blacksmith but just as she did he had thrown a cloak over to her and it landed on her, covering her from the top of her head downwards. She took a few seconds to get it from off her head and into her hands where she stretched it out to get a better look at it. After she did that though she had heard the blacksmith tell her to put it on so she wrapped it around her. After that she walked up to the blacksmith and made a small smile. "Hello there Mack." Rae Rose said with a small bow. "My name is Rae Amalia Rose." Rae introduced herself. She listened to him explain that he was equipping low leveled characters for free. "W-Well if you don't mind, I could use a better Two Handed Assault Spear. Something that's help me survive when being attacked, yet allow me to attack with a good force and impact aswell?" Rae asked curiously.

After that she looked over at Ronin which had just gotten praise from the blacksmith and made a smile to him aswell, and also made a small bow towards him, trying to be friendly to the guy who was just given praise, yet still being a bit shy towards him since she didn't exactly know what he would do to her. But there was a scent coming from Ronin that she could not mistaken. "Cigarettes are death you know." Rae said in a soft voice to Ronin. "I'm not judging you, I know how bad addiction is and how hard it is to quit. I'm just saying. Addiction equals death." She then stated.

Lee was actually quite pleased at the overall size of those that had decide to come to the event and with it, the grand possibilities to find these people later on or even get a few friends in the here and now. There were so many that he wasn't even sure where it was that he wished to start. The man of the hour began strong and fast, shooting through player and player and player yet again. This was actually quite the sight to behold as he took a look at what each one had and replaced it with better gear and would move on to the next. So many items that the white clothed player was astonished that he had seemingly an endless supply for all that came.

It was actually surprising when the large man would turn his attentions to Lee himself with a rather odd name of grandpa. Lee would move himself in the desired location that Mack had told him to be and once there, it was actually quite odd to see the height between the two but he would reply "Pleasure to meet you sir. A two-handed broadsword and anything else I could do to help." He wasn't sure if the question was the right kind but the place seemed busy and surely he could do something to be of service to someone.

Her eyes narrowed as she read through the message her dear brother had sent her. She was to go up to the fourth floor and go to his forge to get the equipment he'd made for her. She let out a low sigh and seriously considered sending him a message back just asking if he could bring the stuff to her but she opted not to do that. Once she'd relayed the message to Michiko she stepped onto the teleport pad and in a loud and clear voice said, "Teleport.. Snowfrost." The transition from one floor to the next always left her a little dizzy so she stumbled forward a few steps before she regained her balance. At least this time she knew exactly where she was meant to go. The tall redhead took off in a dead sprint through the town and towards the large tent that housed all the tools and forge that Mack required to carry out his craft. Blacksmithing really suited the big oaf due to his stature, and she mused that it probably suited her too. She might have gone for it but ultimately decided to become a fisherman after she'd been lured in with the rumor of a legendary fish monster that had never been caught before.

When she finally burst through the tent's opening the woman had her hands tucked under her arms and jogged closer to the forge in order to push the chill that had invaded her body cast and cast it out. She clearly didn't look amused but she was getting outfitted. Gear meant she would be able to finally leave a safe zone so she just grinned and bared it. At least for a little longer. "You called?" Her tone was soft but loud enough for Mack to hear it. She made sure of that.

News quickly spread that Mack was his day passing out equipment to lower level players without asking for so much as a single Col. It was times like these that Seul wondered what it would be like to have a picked something other than performer as the demand for his particular field of work wasn't exactly high. As he approached the tent he could see a crowd of people inside, all receiving new gear from the blacksmith as gifts. Most of them appeared to be fresh players, but it's not like it mattered much to him. Seul would simply ignore them as he wandered inside of the tent and over to the 3rd in command of his guild. "Nice business you've got going on here, Santa... Though you're kind of a few months late. All jokes aside though, I just stopped by to say thanks again for crafting my new weapon and shield the other day Mack."

Edited by Seul

Well, he must have his hands full today, she thought to herself. She smiled, assuming that he was just a bit weeded out from the influx of players that he must have invited to his shop, "Purps... has a nice ring to it." She made her way over to the player that Mack referred to as the Imp, where she would take her place looking around the fine details of the shop as everyone was handled one at a time. After the blacksmith had prodded at the player deciding on the armor or shield, he grabbed the attention of the line and asked what they were in need of, but Priscilla had obviously failed to hear. The mountainous man made a comment to which she had heard the last half of and happily continued smiling without realizing it had to do with her until the blacksmith called her up next, "Aye." She approached the tables and looked quite happily at the scimitar that he had provided, "Sweet! Thank you." She hadn't expected him to offer more items, but quickly answered his question as to not further exhaust his time, "Armor, the heavy kind. Regen or thorns if you have it to spare, please." She grinned, showing a wide smile at the thought of being spoiled with such pleasantries that was far out of her budget, but she would feel incredibly safe in the wild if she had even the lowest level of Regen or Thorns gear available.

@Mack

Edited by Cilla
Guest Kroshma_Tokran

Kroshma watched as the line in front of him began to quickly diminish. He was amazed by how quickly he was completing everyone's business, if not to get them all out of his tent, He found that the line moved so quickly he hardly had time to stand still, or at least it seemed that way. Soon enough, it became his turn. With his arms crossed and his head lowered, a small smile had replaced the sour expression that had previously been on his face. "I must say, that was quite impressive. Truly you are a fine businessman. But I doubt I'm the last person you wish to hear praise from, nor do I think you wish to stand hear making idle chit chat, so I will stop and place an order instead. I would like a new pair of claws if you have any, good sir." he said, feeling in a bit better mood.

"Hrmph"

When the massive hand of the red bearded blacksmith landed upon Ronin's shoulder, the low level swordsman felt his knees buckle.  Had he not been altogether focused at that moment, he surely would've crumpled to the floor from the simple arrival of the mountainous man's hand upon his shoulder.  He paid no mind to the praise he was receiving, his focus on something much more important... Their difference in strength was absolutely insane and Ronin knew right then and there, that he needed to gain something of a... private audience with this large fellow, once all these others had cleared out and gone on their way. 

While he was able to muster up the strength to stay on his feet, for now, Ronin imagined his shoulder was going to be sore as hell later.  Fighting through the pain and trying to play it cool, the smoker accepted the heavy armor, though he felt his arms shaking slightly when the full weight of the breastplate was transferred from the blacksmith's hands, to his own.  Doing his best to hold it up, his brow furrowed ever so slightly as he examined the craftsmanship and rubbed his thumbs over the ebony hued surface.  He would wait to equip it, to avoid being reduced to the floor when wearing it.  This heavy armor would take a little getting used to.  For now, he stashed it in his inventory and was more than relieved when the weight was lifted from his straining hands.

Incredible... he thought to himself, before lifting his chin and giving the blacksmith another look.  There was something else Ronin wanted to inquire about, but he would wait to ask it for now.  "Much appreciated, I know this'll come in handy," Ronin stated with the utmost certainty, as though he had some high aspirations of kicking enough ass to one day reach the frontlines and do his part.  "...There is one other thing," began the novice swordsman once the blacksmith had asked if there was anything else.  "...I'll be waiting outside," he decided, taking another peek toward the others in their presence and knowing it would be best to keep this between him and the blacksmith.

Addiction equals death... the words of the girl echoed inside the smoker's head for a long moment, causing him to kind of zone out and reflect on some horrid past memories, surely.  He stood quiet, motionless his eyes open but not in focus of anything in particular.  Finally, he licked his lips and nodded slightly in the direction of the girl with her newly equipped cloak.  "...Yeah..." he finally managed, his voice no louder than a whisper.  He had noticed her bow out of his peripheral view and from the slight wavering in her voice, he imagined she, like the rest of them, was probably a new player.  "Well, come and die with me if you like..." he offered in a low voice as he finally stepped past the girl and made his way outside.

Emerging back into the much colder air of the outside world, Ronin shivered involuntarily and worked quickly to produce a cigarette and light it up.  Once his lungs were full of poisonous smoke, he was able to relax and he walked briskly over to a snow covered boulder, brushing it off and popping a squat.  He would kick it out here and wait for the blacksmith to finish up with everyone else.  Then hopefully, Ronin would have his chance to ask the man about some more, serious matters.  Whether the girl inside was interested in joining him for a smoke, was yet to be seen.

(OOC: Ronin has stepped outside to have another smoke and will wait until everyone else has left to speak with Mack)

Edited by Ronin

(I missed so much in like a day 0_0) 

Luna's eyes widened in shock as the gruff blacksmith took her rapier, the weapon that she was given at the start of the game and broke it, snapped like a twig in his giant hands. "B-but" she stuttered, what was the point in breaking that? That Rapier held some good memories of her first steps on this world and it was gone. "What....the [censored]!" She said, her voice becoming loud but low at the end, she had slipped. '[censored] [censored]  he'll know' she thought to herself as she covered her mouth, it was part of the reason that she was so quiet. 

The gruff man then asked what she wanted next. "A-a shield...I'm g-getting armour f-from a friend" she stammered, holding back her anger as she knew it would do her no good