[OP-F1]A Late Christmas - CLOSED, No New Entrants

Observing the smile that drew across the amazon woman's face and not entirely sure if that was a good or bad sign for her, Samriel relaxed after she had answered. When Magda mentioned that the smith that set this all up was her brother, the blonde couldn't help but smile as she interjected, "Ha, knew it." Though then struggled to school her expression into a more polite one as she continued listening silently, glancing at the teleporter she mentioned. The woman's expression when she warned Sam of the floor's weather was rather telling. One would think that the lower leveled floors would be mild and easy, in both terms of hardship as well as weather, but that would be too simple apparently.

Her lavender eyes focused sharply on Magda's as she warned the lower leveled player to stay within the limits of the safe zone. That was actually reassuring, it seemed that both the amazon woman and she assumed by extension her smith brother were actually concerned about other player's wellfare. Nodding in understanding, Sam repeated the description of the other player in her mind before replying, "I'll look out for her. Thanks for the directions." Smiling at the redhead as she walked past, the blonde raised a hand and told her, "I'm Samriel by the way." Then stopping in front of the designated area she called out, "Teleport Snowfrost."

Immediately upon appearing on the fourth floor, Samriel understood the woman's warning about the weather. "Frick frick frick, I miss California, frick...." Cursing under her breath as she tried to draw the over-shawl of her dark purple starter armored dress, she trudged on, tucking her hands underneath her armpits as she squinted through the snow flurries whipping about in the breeze. She spotted a female like figure ahead and tried to pick up her pace until she was nearly caught up to Allania. Petite and blonde, like the amazon had said. "Hey there, don't mean to startle you. But you're heading to the smith that's doing the grand giveaway, right? I am too. Name's Samriel."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the bear cub race past and stop at the blonde, Nikodemus blinked slowly and then laughed as he realized the bear was begging for food. Hearing the large blacksmith remind the group about not feeding the bear and then begin organizing the players into the line. As Mack began pointing out who goes first, Nikodemus watched him point at Hydra, then himself, then a few more players behind him.

Falling into the beginnings of the line, Nikodemus waited his turn. Once Hydra had made his request, he then stepped up to the large Blacksmith and grinned from ear to ear. "Hello Mr. Red."

OOC: If you don't RP through the entire process of receiving the free weapons, armor, and shields you get nothing. You have been warned. @Hydra, that spear is +2 Damage and on your way out would you please run into @Samriel and @Allania and send them along to the shop? Thanks. Hydra, add +2 Damage to your base stats. @Hunie increase your base stats by +1 Damage, +1 Bleed, +9 Mitigation, +7 Thorns. @TurirBarym, increase your stats by +1 Damage, +9 Mitigation, +7 Thorns, and +9 Regeneration. @Sinful, don't forget to step up to the display tables and let Mack know what you need. @Furia, @KaraMitskune, and @Dynaon... you guys coming or not? :)

Mack watched and listened as Hydra tested out his new weapon. The low level player seemed pleased with the spear and, when he indicated that he preferred to go without a shield and in light armor Mack shrugged his broad shoulders. To each their own. Of course, that also meant that there were no further items that the blacksmith had to hand out to the spearman. "If that's your decision there's nothing else I can provide for you today. Clear out and send the next customer in." Mack continued moving along behind the display tables, one dark eye on the items laid out and the other on Barryt. "And don't forget to run that weapon by a merchant for an appraisal. They might find extra hidden enchantments on it."

"You, Barryt, these should work nicely for you." Moving among the tables, Mack snared a breastplate of steel plated scale armor with an attached hooded cloak in deep, Imperial, purple. "The Praetorian's Plate should serve your needs. It'll provide you a nine point boost in damage mitigation and a seven point boost in thorns damage to reflect incoming attacks." The gigantic blacksmith moved over to a table laden with shields. "Here's Last Stand," he continued, passing over a stout oaken round shield with a boss cap and outer rim in polished steel. "A bit basic, but it will occasionally help you regenerate nine points of health while in battle." Finally, Mack moved over to a table of weapons and, after considering several of them for a moment, he selected a silver bladed one handed longsword that was shot through with gold inlay. The weapon looked more impressive than it actually was. "Glimmerstrike, will raise your damage output by a point." Mack looked over at the bearded man. There didn't seem to be much else he could do for him. "Hang around if you have more questions, otherwise shove off and send the next person in."

The next person to step up for their free handouts was Nikodemus, the psycho that acted like a three-year old as far as Mack was concerned. Magda and Michiko would definitely be warned about staying far away from him. "Yes, Psycho, what can I do for you," Mack asked, crossing his arms over his chest and peering down at the other player. If there was one thing to be said for both prodigious height and a high strength rating it was that you could easily intimidate other players when you needed to.

The owner had grudgingly allowed the Blonde to feed the bear. She didn't know if it was her pleading or the bear's bawling that did him in. Maybe it was just the large influx of people and all the orders he was dealing with. By the time it was Hunie's turn, she had already finished feeding the bear the tiny vat of honey, which the creature had literally licked off clean. He had also managed to get some berries off of her. She had picked those to hand them to the lovely NPC chef on the second floor that often gave her treaties for free. Much like the bear owner here, although he wasn't a real player. Once Mack began addressing her, she slowly let the bear down on the floor, patting it's head hoping he was a little more satisfied with the food she had to offer. Knowing she had sort of broken the rules she eyed the generous forger with a look of guilt. He explained the benefits she would have upon equipping the items he had to offer.

The blonde took the items from him. They were wonderful... And then came the underhand comment, probably for feeding the bear despite his initial reservations on the matter. "If you want something more bosomy or that shows more leg..." she wanted to cut him off right there but out of politeness she let him finish. Mack finished by adding there were other perverted blacksmiths into that sort of thing. "I wouldn't know of those pervy blacksmiths I steer clear of such men... or women." Hunie said, trying to remain sweet and not let the slight iciness creep into her voice. Rich people took their pride very seriously and Sophie was from a very well to do family, having him announce such a thing was rather embarrassing. But the blonde owed him and she could make out it probably wasn't personal, the man was generally a little gruff. Hunie was just going to have to get used to meeting all sorts of people... Being generous and a little rough on the edges was better than being perfectly well mannered and evil she thought. Bowing her head and thanking him with a genuine smile, she backed out sending a larger gleaming smile towards the bear and waving him goodbye. 

"Thank you Mack... I won't forget this." Hydra repeated this to himself in his mind and hoped the other players would get what they needed. Taking the blacksmiths last bit of advice he left the shop waving goodbye to Hunie who already seemed to be on her way out and Nikodemus, with his familiar close in tow. The bitter cold was somewhat sweet to emerge back into. The forge had been crowded and it was getting rather stuffy. "I guess there are still some moral people in this world after after all." He said as he flicked his head to his familiar. It looked back with beady eyes and just gave the player a blank stare. "Ah what do you know." The Brunette chuckled to himself, before continuing towards the portal from where the group came, the sound of soft crisp snow pressing up against his boots...

About 5 minutes along the way Hydra spotted two figures who seemed to be stumbling about rather lost. Recognizing one of them was his friend Allania, he assumed she was looking for Mack's forge as well. "Head down that way" he said smiling pointing his finger in the direction towards the town. You'll know its the place when you spot a bear, or hear the blacksmiths voice, I got to be off no time to chat right now. Please forgive my rudeness". Having done his duty the spearman turned to take one last look at floor 4 "I'll return here soon." The player thought to himself and with his new spear in hand he returned to the town of beginnings.

+ 1 Lightning Strike

-Hydra leaves thread-

Edited by Hydra

Seeing the large blacksmith looking down at him, his grin widened more as he then looked over the table of items. "An Axe please. One handed. Mine is ever so rusted and chipped. I could use that more newer Armor. Unless you want to give some heavy armor you don't want either. The voices say we need protection, but I think a nice Axe will do just fine. And it's Nikodemus, or Niko the Mad if you prefer. Nice to meet you Mr. Red!"

Holding his hand out to the Blacksmith, Nikodemus grinned sheepishly. "I may be quite insane, but I am not rude to one who is giving me something for free in order to help me."

Sinful took his first bold move, stepping up to Mack and stating what he needed. "I need a one handed straight sword." The mastermind was one step closer to obtaining what he needed, first a weapon, and next an entire guild at his disposal. There as a tiny hint of eagerness in his eyes, it was probably to protect others but someone who is similar to Sinful would be able to see past his deception. "Oh, and my name is Sinful."  He examined the players around him, how many would disappear in the span of a month? When the time comes, he will be laughing at their futile attempts to survive.

OOC: @Nikodemus_Blackwood, buff your stats by +1 Damage and +7 Thorns. Sorry, my axe and heavy armor selection is a bit limited at the moment and I'm out of mats until I get some more threads completed. Run your stuff by a merchant to appraise and you should, with some luck, get a few more buffs out of your items. @Sinful, buff your stats by +1 Damage, +1 Bleed.

"Good, my gear will be functional and appropriate," Mack rumbled in response to Hunie's comment, just before the blonde collected her gear and made her exit from the shop. With that, the red-headed man turned his full attention onto the psychopath. "Alright, axe and heavy armor," Mack rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and thinking for a moment before he moved off to a different display table. "Here's Ent's Bane, it will give you a one point boost in your damage output." Mack moved along the display tables to the area where he had several different pieces of armor laid out. After considering them for a moment, he picked one up. "Here, Rose's Thorn." Mack thunked down a spiked breastplate in front of Nikodemus. "Buffs your thorns output by seven, so anything that hits you also takes damage." While Nikodemus was testing out the new weapon and armor, Mack turned his attention to the rag clad hobo.

"Sinful, eh," the blacksmith asked, his eyes narrowing in the direction of the kid. In his experience players didn't often choose names like that if their motives were good. Still, he would be helped. He would also be warned. "Interesting name, if I find you've used my gifts to ill intent... I'd better not," the ginger giant said, allowing the threat to remain in the air unspoken. The big man moved around behind the tables, heading for the swords and he finally stopped and retrieved a fine silver bladed sword with a massive leather wrapped fang as it's pommel. "Fang of the Snow Beast, my guildmates and I dispatched the creature recently and I crafted the fang into this. Boosts your damage output and lets you inflict bleeding damage on a critical hit. Do either of you need any armor or a shield?"

Taking the axe and armor, Nikodemus nodded and looked them over. "Ent's bane and Rose's Thorn. Good names." Smiling, he swapped out of his old basic armor and axe, and then slid into the new armor and then stepped from inside the blacksmith shop and into the open air. Breathing deeply and watching his breath come out in puffs of steam, he took a grip on his new axe and then got into a ready position. Charging forward and bringing the axe through the air in short quick chops, Nikodemus made mutliple cross section slices through the air and then spun dragging a large arc through the frozen air.

After testing the axe, he then found the largest tree nearby the shop and climbed it. With a wild grin, he leapt from the 3rd highest branch. Diving down in a spread eagle position, Nikodemus slammed straight into the ground, making a small dent in the snow before hitting the packed earth beneath it. Coughing as the air got knocked from him, Nikodemus rolled over and began to laugh a wheezing dry rasp. After composing himself he returned to the Blacksmith shop and gave a large thumbs up at Mack. "Very great armor and axe Mr. Red! They will be wonderful! Thank you so much! If you have a shield, that would be nice too. Mine is basic and mostly wooden."

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Before the barely shorter blonde had time to reply to Samriel's words, a young man with mousy hair approached them, or rather the other blonde as he looked at her specifically before giving directions. It was was soon apparent where to by the description of how they would know they were in the right place. "A bear?" Sam murmured to herself in skepticism. There was no way someone could tame a bear, it was just too large! But Hydra seemed very sure of it before excusing himself politely as he was in a hurry. Nodding in farewell to the helpful stranger, Sam shrugged at Allania before heading in the direction he had pointed, her boots sinking into the snow that left a trail before fading away again.

If a player hadn't just pointed them this way, she would have been sure they were going in the wrong direction. Wasn't this blacksmith supposed to be a high level frontliner? There was hardly anything at all around this part of town, at the bare edges of the safe zone. All she saw was a tent and though it looked fairly large was still rather plain. Trying to convince herself that perhaps she shouldn't judge a book by its cover, Sam trudged on ahead of Allania before pausing at the tent's flap, hearing a deep masculine voice as she peeked in. There were at least half a dozen players that looked poorly geared, though still better than herself, waiting in line in front of a man that towered above them all and could have been the amazon woman's twin. Hm...maybe he was? She had said that they were siblings after all. Pulling the tent's flap open for the other blonde woman to step into, Samriel told her, "I think we're in the right place." Before following in after her.

The busty blonde was content to hang in back and let the others get their pick. She had arrived very late after all. Currently the red haired blacksmith was speaking to some boy with white hair, alluding that misfortune would fall upon him in the form of his own fury should the player ever use the items he was bequeathing him for any misdeeds. Raising an eyebrow as he just as quickly went from threatening to showing off a sword, Sam watched as the blacksmith worked. She didn't notice the tent's furry occupant as she crossed her arms loosely before rolling her hip and settling her weight on one leg in a more comfortable waiting position.

Ratatosk groaned as he got a notification. "[Censored] really? Ugh... Fine, teleport Snowfrost!" He arrived in a city full of snow, his body did not shiver until he realized there was actually snow here. "Oh no, not again!" The blonde just had a flashback of his memory of being on this floor with Takao, doing a quest. "Aghhh!" He screamed as he saw a couple of girls on the floor, he was scared of them. "Oh crap... G-G-Girls!" Ratatosk's entire face turned a bright red as he slowly walked away from the crowd, being near girls is a very traumatizing experience for him, especially since he's shy around them and he has poor flirting skills.

Edited by Ratatosk

Sinful smiled and looked at Mack, cheery as ever. "I'm sorry for bothering you with that sort of name, I'm not sure if you'll believe me or not... But that name is an acknowledgement of how we are all sinners in a way. I'm sorry if it might've disturbed you, I don't want to come across as someone who has bad intentions." The young white haired man seemed truthful, his eyes had no signs of lying and neither did his body language. His brain had an open conflict, he was happy to get a weapon, but also a bit enraged to see someone threaten him like that. Again, there were no signs of him lying or being angry in any way possible. "Thanks for the sword though, I promise I'll put it to good use." He said with a smile before leaving.

-Sinful leaves the thread

+1 Fang of the Snow Beast, 1 DMG, 1 Bleed

As Mack gives Barryt the new gear Barryt decides to put them on before thanking the big red haired man. Just a few clicks within the menue and Barryt wore the scale armor, the shield and his new sword.

they feel good, not to heavy, but surely strong enough to help me in any fights I'll have. Barryt thought. The moment he sais "Thank y..." two girls enter the tent and he falls silent. Wow, she is beautiful. Maybe if i'd ask her she would, ... No, she never would like to be friends with me. 

What should I do? She is so beautiful b-ut I need to thank Mack. Maybe if I put on the cloaks hood she wont see me getting as red as a tomato. thinking this he pushes the hood deep into his face. He then walks towards Mack to be near him. Quietly he sais:" T-thank you M-Mack, I... I'll help others if I can, this seems to be the right way, looking on what you do." 

He then quickly leaves the Tent with the girls inside, having one last glance at samriel before getting out in the snowy cold. 

- Barryt leaves the thread -

+ Praetorian's Plate, mit 9, thorns 7

+ Last stand, hp reg 9

+ Glimmerstrike, 1 dmg

OOC: @Nikodemus_Blackwood, boost your stats by +9 Mitigation and +7 Thorns. @TurirBarym, the double post thing has been happening to several people lately, don't worry about it. @Allania, I'm going to assume you entered the shop with @Samriel but you still need to tell Mack what you need. @Ratatosk, you need to find the shop. Look for the big tent. Also, @Samriel, you and Mack are going to have words.

Mack watched as the little nutter went scrambling out of the shop. As other players crowded around to place their orders the gigantic blacksmith held up a hand for silence. A moment later the sound of a ringing, clattering thud filled the tent. It didn't take a genius to figure out what Nikodemus had just gone out and done. The kid was loonier than a jay bird. Mack shrugged. "Psycho," he muttered to no one in particular as Nikodemus came back in praising the armor and asking for a shield. The kid was bonkers and wouldn't be long for the world of Sword Art Online, but Mack shrugged his broad shoulders. A promise was a promise after all. Moving along to the tables laden with shields he selected a large round bronze shield and passed it over to Nikodemus. "This is Thunder, it boosts your mitigation by nine points and your thorns damage output by seven points. That's all I can do for you, go spread your crazy somewhere else." About that same time Barryt equipped his gear and also made his escape from the tent, followed closely by Barryt to whom Mack threw a salute and a loot that, quite clearly, said he should avoid Nikodemus at all costs.

As the two men departed from the tent the flap opened and a pair of blonde women entered. Chewie, smelling blood in the water in the figurative sense, poked his head out from around the side of the forge. The first blonde, Hunie, had given him snacks. The memory of the honey pot was still quite fresh in the grizzly's mind. With a roared challenge, that came out considerably smaller than it would have from a full grown bear, Chewie took off full steam ahead for Samriel and Allania. Throwing on the brakes, successfully, for one of the only times ever the bear came to a stop next to Samriel and promptly scrambled right up one of her legs and into her arms, whether she wanted him there or not. The the grizzly snuffled, opened his mouth, and directed one clawed toe down his throat.

For his part, Mack ignored his familiar's antics. As long as Chewie didn't try to bite Samriel's hands off or something the ginger giant was unconcerned. If she smacked the impetuous bear in the snout, that was Chewie's own fault and there would be no sympathy from the cub's owner. Mack returned his attention to Sinful who was explaining his name choice. The smith shrugged his broad shoulders. He had said what he was going to say on the subject and that was all there was to that. He nodded to Sinful as the white haired kid exited the shop, leaving only Allania and Samriel in the shop for the time being, one of whom was heavily laden with bear cub. "So, what can I do for you two," he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Guest Furia

Furia listened quietly as the blacksmith delivered his directions to the assembled crowd of low-level players. Everything he said seemed to make sense and, naturally, she wouldn't be leaving the confines of the same zone on the fourth floor. That would, obviously, have been a death wish. However, the purple haired woman also wanted to get a better idea of who all the low-level players were, players who, like her were in need of upgrades for their weapons and gear. So, she hung back near the rear of the pack and watched and waiting as several others went through before her. Shortly after Samriel disappeared up to the fourth floor, Furia followed her through the teleporter. "Teleport: Snowfrost," Furia said in a calm and even tone, seconds before disappearing from the first floor.

Within a few seconds, Furia was standing in the winter wonderland of the fourth floor. It was easy enough to follow the footsteps in the snow of the small army of people that had passed through the town to the massive tent that housed the forge. Pushing aside the tent flap, the purple haired woman slipped inside and took a place near the back of the queue to wait her turn.

Rataosk was running around the floor like crazy, "Holy [Censored], this is [Censored] awesome!" His running rampage continued until he bumped into a big tent. "What the?" The impact with the tent made him stagger, but as soon as he regained his posture he went inside the tent. He froze as soon as he walked in, there were girls in there. "G-G-G... Girls..." The blonde was genuinely scared of girls, he quickly walked up to Mack and hid behind him. The massive red head covered him from all that would scare him. "S-S-Scary..." Rataosk's entire face became red, not only was he shy, but he was also scared of girls. 

Taking the bronze shield from Mack, Nikodemus removes his old worn wooden one and replaces it with the new one. testing the weight and dimensions, he smiled wide and nodded. "Very well made. Thank you Mr. Red. I shall cherish these and use them well. Maybe now I can begin to help out with things and be less of a burden. Maybe we shall see one another on the frontlines one day." With these parting words, Nikodemus left the tent, his fractured mind a little more stable than normal. He then begins to wander about the safezone of Snowfrost for some time.

- Nikodemus leaves the thread -

+ Thunder: Shield +9 Mitigation and +7 Thorns

+ Ent's Bane: One handed Axe. +1 dmg.

+ Rose's Thorn: Heavy Armor. Thorns 7

Samriel watched as a number of male players departed the tent, freshly laden with free gear. Some were more...'interesting' than others. Though some looked like regular people. Looks could always be deceiving however. The tent's flap opened once more to let another player in, yet another blonde it seemed. It made the blonde woman smirk, finding great amusement that four different blondes occupied the tent all at the same time. But this newcomer seemed another odd one. He seemed frozen at the entrance as he stared at the three blonde girls, muttering to himself before...walking straight up to the blacksmith and...hiding behind him? Sam raised an eyebrow wordlessly before shaking her head.

She wasn't left to herself for long before there was a weird sound, almost like an animal. And suddenly there was a bear charging straight for her. Lavender eyes going wide as the cannon ball of fur launched itself at her, Samriel exclaimed, "Holy Jesus!" Teetering for a moment before regaining her balance. Blinking rapidly, the busty blonde realized that this was the bear that player had told them about. "Shoulda known it wouldn't be a real bear. Er, sorry, I mean fully grown bear." She felt awkward about trying to spare the familiar's feelings. Was their AI advanced enough to react that way?

Her question was partially answered when Chewie cartoonishly mimed out exactly what he wanted. Snorting a chuckle, Sam told him with amused smile, "Well I can hardly give you food when my arms are busy not dropping you." She knelt down to set the cub on the floor before opening her menu and seeing what she had. Not a whole of a lot. But there was some jerky she had been saving for a snack. Retrieving it from her inventory, Samriel wordlessly held it out to the cub while her other hand began scratching his head. Scratching the head of a grizzly bear cub. Sometimes she really loved video games. Then she belatedly realized that it was likely rude to just up and start feeding another person's 'pet' treats without asking permission first. Guiltily glancing up at Mack she called out, "Um, sorry, hope that was okay."

Glancing back as another player entered the tent, Sam nodded in greeting as she looked at the woman in interest, wondering if she could see through that weird eye cover of hers. But her attention was turned back to the blacksmith as he asked Allania and herself what he could do for them. Looking to her temporary companion, Samriel was going to motion for Allania to go ahead of her, but it seemed that the girl was still making up her mind. Ruffling Chewie's fur once more for good measure, Samriel stood and walked up to the generous blacksmith with a polite smile and a nod. "Hi, I'm Samriel. Nice to meet the mysterious and generous benefactor of the low leveled players. Some heavy armor would be nice. With mitigation if you have any, but I'm not picky. Do you happen to have any hammers around by any chance?" It wasn't a popular weapon so she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have any of her weapon of choice.

Mack barely glanced up as Nikodemus completed his transaction and departed from the tent. Good riddance, the guy had admitted that he was nuttier than squirrel poop and that made Mack nervous. You could never be quite certain what those types of people would do. He was just about to repeat his request of Samriel and Allania when Furia and Ratatosk wandered into the shop as well. Meanwhile, Chewie had been set back down on the ground, where his wide brown eyes were greedily eying a piece of beef jerky that Samriel was holding out for him. His eyes followed the delectable treat and, when she let her guard down for a moment, the cub pounced. Leaping into the air, he snapped his jaws shut on the piece of dried meat and hurriedly wolfed it down, all without ever causing any harm to Samriel. Then he started looking around for more food as Mack turned his attention to Samriel. "As soon as it appeared he was going to eat it," Mack said with a shrug as he considered Samriel's requests.

"One handed warhammer? Interesting choice to put all your starting skill points into," the gigantic blacksmith said, shrugging his shoulders. Oh well, to each their own. At least the curvy woman hadn't said something crazy, like Wild Dance, though with a body like that the axe man somehow thought that Wild Dance would have been more than a little useful in dealing with other players, particularly males. Moving along the tables of weapons, Mack finally stopped and selected a silver warhammer with some intricate jewel work. It looked like a perfect item. Hell, it looked like a unique. But, it was only a rare. The smith picked it up and examined it for a moment and then made a snap decision. The way the blonde looked, she was going to attract unwanted attention, so she'd need a bit more help than some of the others had. Plus, the ginger giant had a themed set of gear he could give out to her.

"Here, take Dawnbreaker," he rumbled, holding out the jeweled warhammer to the blonde woman. "It will boost your accuracy and damage output by a point each." The hulking smith moved along behind the tables, moving over to the heavy armor next. Looking through the items he picked up a golden breastplate that was trimmed in lines of small rubies that would accentuate every curve of Samriel's body, albeit in a tasteful manner. Beneath the breastplate was a pair of sturdy black leather pants made from bear hide as well as a white cape trimmed in bear fur that was topped in an intricately carved golden fox's head, which served as an open faced helm for the armor, with two large rubies set where the eyes would be. "This is Noontide and it will boost your mitigation by nine points and your health regeneration by nine points." Moving right along behind the tables, the blacksmith stopped behind a table loaded with shields. Inspecting each of them, and moving a few aside as needed, Mack finally found the one he was looking for. "This is Twilight," he said, passing the blonde woman a silver shield with a large yellow diamond set in the center with eight lines of gemstones radiating out from it, first a ruby, then a topaz, and finally amethyst. "This shield will increase your thorns damage by seven and your mitigation by a further nine points." The fact that he had just handed over to the blonde what amounted to a Queen's ransom in jewels was irrelevant to the blacksmith. It might have also been his way of flirting, then again, it might not have been.

"As I said to the last blonde, if you want a breastplate that looks like a couple of quarters strung together on tinsel with everything hanging out, you can go find a blacksmith that's a pervert. There are plenty of them," Mack glowered, once again crossing his bulging arms over his chest. "My creations will protect you and be tasteful. "Now, why did you choose to go the warhammer route for your weapon. I would have thought you more of a rapier or spearwoman."

Before she could answer the tent flap was parted again and another blonde stumbled in. This one was a male. He uttered a single peep and, before Mack quite knew what was happening, the kid was hiding behind him on the wrong side of the display tables. The blacksmith huffed a sigh. "Yes, girls. Yes, scary. All hail the all mighty uterus," the gigantic man said dryly, then he held up his hands in a mocking gesture of supplication. "Duly hailed." Reaching around blindly behind him, the blacksmith finally managed to wrap his right hand around the kid's clothing by the scruff of the neck. Lifting Ratatosk bodily from the ground with one hand, Mack moved him back around in front of him to where he could see Furia, Allania, and Samriel. "Terrifying, I hope they don't disembowel my familiar," the blacksmith continued, as Chewie the grizzly, for his part, flopped over on his back at Samriel's feet and held all four paws up in the air as he clearly begged for more attention. "Customers go on the other side of the table... still, if you feed the bear I'm sure he'll protect you, in his own way." Mack rumbled, setting the kid back down on the correct side of the display tables. "Samriel, try out that stuff. You," Mack said, pointing a finger at Ratatosk, "What do you need?"

At Mack's comment that the hammer weapon skill was an 'interesting choice to put all of her starting skill points into', Samriel shook her head and corrected, "Eh I haven't actually put any into any combat skill yet. Been leveling up First Aid. So you can see why I could really use the gear." Without any weapon or armor skills, she relied on the stats of her equips to keep her alive and hitting. Still, she thought her skill points were well spent. Watching the blacksmith walk along one of the many tables he had set up, this one holding an assortment of weapons, he paused before picking up a silver hammer that definitely looked above her price range. She hadn't seen anything else like it, it looked like a special drop from a boss or something! She was sure he was going to put it down and pick something more fitting to just give away for free, but the tall man simply surveyed her for a moment before handing it to her, much to her incredulity. Eyebrows raised, Samriel accepted the heavy weapon into her hands, blinking as she looked down at the jeweled warhammer, running a finger over the gems before looking up at Mack with open mouth as he told her the weapon's stats. It was even better than she thought. She had only encountered weapons that raised one point of one specific stat, but two different ones at once?

And yet the red haired man didn't stop there! He walked over to a table where heavy armor sets were laid out before picking up a gold piece of armor that was inlaid with rubies. It also came with a cape but the hood, or helm she supposed, was what really caught her attention. All in all the entire set just looked really awesome and once more, very expensive. It not only just looked expensive, but when the blacksmith rattled off the stats on it, Samriel's reeled. "Th-That's..." That was a lot of mitigation. And she had only ever heard of health regeneration before. But he wasn't done!

Next he walked over to where the shields were before picking through the lot and finally retrieving a silver shield that was nearly covered in jewels in a pattern that was much like its namesake. She awkwardly accepted the additional item, her arms now filled with gear as she listened to the stats of Twilight with wide eyes. Even more mitigation! She'd practically be a tank with all of this! But as she looked down at the armful of valuable equipment, she felt her stomach tighten. Dammit... Samriel looked up at the blacksmith with large and mildly overwhelmed lavender eyes, but he continued speaking. At his comment concerning scantily clad armor, the busty blonde couldn't help but chuckle, appreciating his zeal for his craft. "Good to see that you know how to protect a woman and make her look good." Okay that came out a bit flirty, but hell, could anyone really blame her when the muscular man was literally throwing jewels into her arms? Curse her materialistic tendencies...

She was about to answer his comment on her choice of weapon, but the entrance of the girl fearing boy distracted them both as he hid behind the blacksmith of all places. Raising an eyebrow at the display, Samriel then snorted a laugh and would have covered her mouth trying to hide her chuckles if her arms hadn't been laden down. And when Mack raised his arms in a sort of salute to the uteruses in the tent, Samriel obliged him by bowing in acknowledgement, attempting to school her facial expression into one of serious and imperious nature before falling back into a good-natured smile.

At Mack's comment about hoping that the women didn't disembowel his familiar, the blonde felt a weight on her feet and leaned to see Chewie sprawled on his back over her feet with his large paws in the air. Shaking her head in amusement she commented, "Are you sure that he isn't just a really big and fat dog?" She would have obliged by scratching his belly, but her hands were full sadly.

When the blacksmith urged her to try the gear on, the woman's face fell and she looked at him with a serious and questioning gaze. "Are you sure about this?" She asked in a low tone just between the two of them. "I mean I get that you're being really generous and all, but this is some pretty good sh-, gear isn't it?" The blonde kept herself from cursing just barely before continuing, "I'd be okay with some simpler stuff. I didn't expect much when I came here." Honestly she thought that the equipment would be better served on a higher leveled player than her, or just more ambitious even, but felt awkward about saying that aloud. "I'm not a frontliner or even trying to be. I chose the warhammer because I read in the manual that the beta testers helped write up that it had the best stunning Sword Arts out of all of the weapons. I just want to help out a little. That's why I put all my points into First Aid."