[PP - F12] <<Lord of the Seas>> Worms, why always worms? [Complete]

The emotional confessions Hunie and Dom had laid on each other, had been as exhausting as her journey up the floors yesterday. Tired, the poor blonde had slept like a baby, quite late into the day too. The soft bedding of the Azure Guild surely helped matters. It was around ten in the morning when she finally battled her way out of the blanket she was snuggled in. "Oh no no no... I'm supposed to be working every hour getting stronger... Not sleeping in." She grumbled to herself. The girl raced her way into the bathroom, to freshen up. The blonde had grown decently familiar with the map of the first floor of the grand building. After tidying herself up, the girl made her way out of the room that the player with the orange crystal had designated to her for the night. She dashed her way to the dining area. Unsure if she should take the steps up to his room or not, she decided it was better to test the waters by just calling out to him. "Dom..." She called out. The name echoed in the building. "Are you up yet?" She asked, with the sound ricocheting of the walls, Hunie was sure he had heard her loud and clear. 

It was time to start taking some bold risks and really getting fighting this game tooth and nail, exploiting everything she had to get as strong as she could. The blonde was looking forward to being able to stand up to faceless enemy. She wasn't sure if Dom could help her anymore than he already had, but she had to at least let him know before she left on her new mission. She owed him that after the lovely meal, the honest conversation and the roof over her head to provide some safety... 

Edited by Hunie
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom entered the building after a super early waking morning, he chose not to awake the girl in the case she was sleeping soundly. When he entered he heard the girl calling out through the halls of the Azure Brigade Guild Hall for him. He entered the Dining Room and looked at her, "May I help you, Hunie?" He chuckled. He was already adorned in his full menacing looking armor: Ebony Armor from top of the chest to the Toe, his Helmet the Black Skull of a Literal Hydra's Head, his shoulder pads made of stained glass in the shape of Dragon Heads. The Commandant's Pendant and the Shining Icicle both dangling from his Neck and the Red Greatsword with an eerie purple energy resonating on the blade. This was the look of a True Frontliner.

Hunie let out a little squeal, he looked like a villain out of a children's book. "What is that on your head?" She asked impulsively, in a rather shocked voice. Her hands itching to equip the sword he had presented her with last night and slash through his scary looking avatar. "Umm... " She cleared her throat and tried again. "Well, I just wanted to thank you, for everything, again, because no matter how many times I say it, it won't be enough." She said bowing her head gently. "I should be off, its rather bright outside and I suppose I'll be safe now and I have to work on making myself stronger, like you said, should be easier with my new sword" The blonde added, raising her head and smiling weakly at him. "You look... like you're about to be really devastating to handle... For someone else... Is suppose its back to work for you eh? Do you have any advice for me?

Dom listened to her shocked state unsuspecting of Dom's true armor, "Well, there is a reason most avoid someone like me. Not many think they could stand toe to toe for a reason, The only unique piece of equipment that isn't adorned on me at the moment is my base Ebony Armor. And this upon my head? It's the Skull of the Slain Hydra from that said floor boss." He informed her. She then continued to thank him and perused a question about what advice she might need continuing forward in her own journey's, "Well. It is back to work for me all in all. But I haven't a thing to do today, but I should probably get to work. What you should focus on is finishing as many quests as possible to speed your strength up quickly. And a lot of them you're going to need help with regardless, mind having some company?" He explained to her then ultimately ended with a question about him joining her for her quests.

"Really?" she added suddenly much chirpier and excited. "Are you sure you have the time to tag along with someone like me?" By someone like her, she meant someone who was still stuck at level five. In any case, she was grinning about the offer and was hoping he'd confirm with a yes. "Well... I don't want to bore you... and I do want to take some risks..." She said considering her options and hoping to milk this proposition for what it was worth... Not to mention see this guild commander in action. "I've heard about this snake like thing on the floor below this one. You think we can handle that?" she asked in a rather naive fashion. The blonde had no idea about the stats of the monster or how dangerous it could be, she was just happy about having a formidable ally on her side. 

For the time being, she had even forgotten that she needed one more thing before getting into a quest like this, which was armour. But subconsciously, the blonde had set this up more to challenge the new friend she had made, than as a real quest just for her, also perhaps for a chance to try her new sword. She hoped he'd let her know if she was suggesting something that might land either of them in danger... and not try and bite of more than he could chew. 

Edited by Hunie

Dom laughed a slight amount, "Don't make me out to be such an evil man. I have no qualms about whom I spend my time with, and I doubt anyone is willing to state whom I can and cannot talk to." His laughter continued. After a brief moment his laughing ceased, and he looked at the girl, "Taking risks is always a good thing, just make sure you're not outweighing the risk either." He informed her then brought down his inventory to check the stats on the Lightning Worm he slew multitudes of times, "Yeah, the Lord of the Sea's. As long as you're smart on your positioning and not standing in my way... Don't take that the wrong way... but I should be able to cleave through him in a single strike. So we can clear a hard quest off your list Hunie." He finished saying then put away his menu and opened the door graciously for her, "Shall we make a move on then?" He asked.

The blonde smirked, the guy could be a little bossy. "I won't be in your way at all..." She and bowed her head once again in a slightly exaggerated fashion. "If you can one hit it, consider me as audience just tagging along to witness this brave feat first hand." She said now genuinely smiling in an encouraging manner. The pair had shared their laughs and giggles and it was time to get down to business. The blonde noticed her ally having checked the stats of the monster before making his statement so she trusted his judgement. She also assumed it couldn't be too dangerous if her companion could one hit it. The girl had gathered he was strong, but to be able to slay a quest monster single-handedly, it would have to mean it was an easy quest right? 

Once the duo was all set up, she made her way out of the mansion, back into the, now well lit graveyard. "You could have picked a better floor for your guild HQ." she said looking around distastefully. Unwilling to linger on the depressing floor the girl she tried to get a move on. "Do you know exactly where the quest is?" She asked. "I believe its on floor 12..." She added as a reminder, although she was sure he knew...

Edited by Hunie

Dom chuckled at the girl who made mention of their placement of Headquarters, "There is a deeper meaning in the fact of the Guild Hall being in this location." He informed her, as he sifted through his inventory withdrawing four items; A Banner, A Crystal, a Plate of Crab Legs, and a Strange Vial. He broke the crystal and the vial in his hand while devouring the crab legs, shell and all. Finally Planting the Banner into the ground so she could witness a major power boost in the Berserker. He began to glow red as the air around him simply felt as though it lift to his power increase, "Now that I am buffed up. I can assure the beast dying in a singular strike." He chuckled. She even benefited from the strength increase of the Banner.

+14 base Damage to Dom
-3 EVA to Dom
+20 Overhealth to Dom

+1 base Damage to Hunie.

Edited by Ssendom

Hunie notice him whip out strange objects out of thin air. Though the girl understood game mechanics she hadn't had a chance to do appropriate research on the one she was playing currently till she was stuck in it. Upon being trapped, too many other things occupied her mind and she lost the little practicality she had and instead gave way to silly emotions. Now things were going to have to change, she made it a point to ask him about all the items and the buffs they offered once they finished up with the quest. She noticed he was eating, it made her stomach grumble but the imaginary adrenaline flowing through her was enough for her to not feel the need to indulge her imaginary hunger yet. After he had finished using the items he had whipped out, she noticed a red menacing glow around him. She raised her eyebrows. "Oh well, you look even scarier now. Well done." She said, now getting immune to the fearful auras the guy liked to pile on himself. "Well, after you, so I don't get in the way..." She said winking. 

The girl who was accompanying him was beginning to realize his intimidating stature and meanacing demeanor was nothing more than a front to keep his distance from people. But those that managed to see past it were able to learn just what kinda guy the Berserker truly was. She seemed a bit interested and even made a comment about his sudden boost in literal strength, he chuckled, "You know, I do what I can." She then gave him a motion to lead the way so she wouldn't be in harms way. Causing him to laugh again, "Alright, since I cannot use the town teleportation gate you can learn how a Player Killer has to make his/her way around the entirety of Aincrad, it's a little tedious I am not going to lie." He explained to her in a loose fashion.

"What?" she said startled. "You can't teleport?!" That was surprising, the game was a little punishing to those who killed after all. But this was fit for those who killed frivolously, this guy had had his reasons. "Oh man, I don't mind the walking, but this place..." She whined a little and then stopped herself. In a way the brunette had already gone to great lengths to help her and still was. It would be really bad to make him feel worse about being and orange player and putting her through mild discomfort. Not to mention they were on a mission here, a mission he was assisting her with, by literally taking out the boss for her. A little effort on her part wasn't too much to ask. She sucked it up and looked at her surroundings. They really weren't that bad in the day light. "... Is really not all that bad." She said smiling and quickly trying to remedy her little spoiled brat complain. She followed the guy that now had a red gleam around him. He really had an impenetrable exterior but a soft and loyal heart. She smiled, glad to have found someone like him in this hellhole disguised like paradise. The graves and darkness soon began to thin, looks like they were reaching the exteriors of floor 12 

Dom laughed as Hunie was practically losing her mind over the fact that it was indeed possible for the Player Killers to teleport around, "Albeit we can Teleport from floor to floor. It's a far bigger pain in the a** than it would be for Green Players. They can teleport to city and then to whatever floor they wanted, but we actually have to travel by foot to the teleportation gate." Dom lead her into one of the forests a good mile and a half away from the Guild Hall, after another mile of walking a Teleportation gate covered in the decayed brown vines, Dom looked at her and moved his hands as a 'Display' style of motion, "And there you have it. The Teleportation gate."

"Oh phew!" Hunie said. "I was honestly scared we'd have to walk from floor to floor." She said, dropping her bravado. She visibly relaxed a little, not having to be so stoicy courageous anymore. "I really don't know if I could have handled that part of the floor anymore, I'm sounding like a complete wuss right? I know... I've got to toughen up..." She said more to herself than to Dom, disappointed in herself. "It just... its just death all around, what deeper meaning were you talking of?" she asked, first trying to defend her weak looking reaction to the place and then recalling her question about the location of the Azure Guild's hall. They were walking through a forest now, which wasn't as bad as the rest of the floor, it was a decently long patch too. But just then, in the distance, Hunie noticed the teleportation gate... "Ooh there it is!" She said all excited. Dom motioned to it in a grand gesture, partially mocking her excitement. Hunie could now make out the landscape, this was how she had gotten here, but everything looked so different at night. "This forest was a downright nightmare last night... and then the graveyard, everything was worse at night, its not all that bad in the daylight." She finished, stepping up onto the podium. 

Dom listened to the girl ramble on multiple times, even revisiting a question that she had asked Dom that he had partially answered but left it vague to get onto at a later point. Just so happened that she wanted that later point to occur now. Dom sighed then chuckled, "The reason why the Azure Brigade Guild Hall is on the thirteenth floor is because it is a floor that resembles nothing but death. But that building is a representation of hope, that if we're surviving and that building is standing then the hope is never dead." He explained to the blonde he was traveling with. He walked up to the teleportation gate, "You used the outdoors teleportation gate to reach the thirteenth floor and not the Town portal? You must have run a few hours out of the Town of Beginnings to reach it. Since I happen to know exactly where that spot is." He stated looking to the perpetually cloudy sky then shrugged, "No matter. Hop through this portal quickly, and I'll guarantee that your feet are about to get sloppy wet." He chuckled and teleported to the twelfth floor where he was already knee deep in swamp water.

Hunie had nodded when Dom asked to confirm if she ran a lot for this particular portal. In all honestly, it was all in order to lose her stalker, if she took the conventional portal things maybe obvious. He may have overheard her destination and tried to follow. So Hunie had pretended to run away into the wild of the first floor, its dangers were now known and she was sure she could handle a few mobs. She wasn't too scared of boars anymore, although in retrospect it was probably a dangerous plan considering it involved leaving the safe zone of the town. Had the stalker wanted to strike, he would have had it incredibly easy. But she had succeeded in teleporting straight to the thirteenth floor.

Despite the unlucky number, and the ominous death that surrounded it, she had had her lucky encounter with a person who was now willing to set her off on a journey to get stronger. She was pulled back into the moment when Dom answered her question, this time more specifically. "That is... beautiful. It was literally true for me too, I felt rather hopeless being here and then I found a way into the guild hall and now... everything seems to be getting better." She responded to his explanation with a grateful smile.  Then he warned that her feet were going to be drenched. She looked at him quizzically as he teleported... His presence vanished and Hunie was quick to follow suit. 

A swamp?! She thought. Wow this game sure knows how to make players feel uncomfortable... "Umm... Yeah, nice guarantee there..." She said with a slight grimace as she struggled to lift her feet to walk. "So... where is the big monster you're going to one-shot?" She asked. 

Dom looked to the sky forward from their teleportation spot and pointed at a massive thunderstorm that was in a near vicinity, "Hunie, the boss is only a kilometer, or maybe two away from our present location. We'll be there in under an hour if you know how to walk in a swamp." He chuckled and trudged forward through the water, walking as though it weren't even affecting him. Demonstrating just how powerful his physique truly was, "I'll show you the giant Serpent that'll fall at the edge of my blade." He laughed out loud as he continued with a blank determination.

He then brought the topic back to what was said about the building and it being a symbol of hope, "You see, sometimes the greatest of things are buried in a sea of sorrow and agony. Placing the Azure Brigade guild hall on the thirteenth floor, the number highly regarded as the most unlucky in the entirety of the world was a statement. And one that we carry out to hold hope, even if we have to be the ones to shelter the blame or be in the line of fire of attacks. Many people would like to see me dead and I just don't see a point in proving them wrong." He confided in her with an honest tone as they closed the gap between the Teleportation gate and the eye of the storm. The closer and closer they got to the storm the more vicious the waters sloshed and waved about, but Dom continued walking as though the wind or water resistance had no affect on him, "If you need me to carry you there if the waters get too rough, just hop on my back." He informed her.

A kilometer in this swamp... So they want to weaken us all before we even get there. It looked like Dom was going to make a show of this, which would probably be worth this struggle of trudging.  At least sticking around on floor twelve meant making it more difficult for her stalker, no one can move fast enough to escape in this mush. She thought to herself, feeling a little safer, although with Dom's reassuring presence around her the sticky swamp was unnecessary to feel safe. But as a precaution, if she ever felt overwhelmed again, the blonde noted that floor twelve maybe a good option, although if caught secluded, she would be cutting off her own escape routes too... What if he is as strong as Dom... She thought watching his feet move rather swiftly through the dense mud. 

Dom broke her line of thought which was inching towards morbid again by further explaining the significance of building the guild hall on floor thirteen, he confided that many people would like to see him dead for all the blame he has harboured. Poor guy, already so self-punishing and now he has to deal with others too? He had made it much further than she had, and Hunie had a nagging feeling that she was slowing him down, so when he offered that he could give her a piggy back through this, she nodded gently and reached for his shoulders. "What about the people who'd rather see you alive?" She asked simply. He was rather well built, she could feel his deltoids ripple under her light grip as they tensed to account for the extra weight. "Are you sure this is ok? Will it be faster this way?" She asked, seriously impressed by the player's willingness to help. 

Hunie hopped on the Berserkers back holding on tightly as she was having a very difficult time keeping up. He continued to display his supreme physical capabilities by carrying her and being almost unaffected by the raging rapids now. At the center of the storm the waters were going crazy, He planting his greatsword into the ground in a forward position and placed his hand on her forearm to watch over her. The blade angled away from him as he stretched his arm and placed both feet in a stance to shoot forward when ready.

The giant Wyrm came out from the depths of the water surging with electricity as it's eyes flicked red staring at Dom and Hunie. The Berserker said calmly, "Don't let go. I got you." In a comforting tone of voice. He then gripped his blade tight pulled himself forward planted his right foot then launched in the air at insane speeds. He let go of her arm that was draped around his neck and withdrew one of his battle ready damage crystals to boost his damage just enough to bridge the tide to instantly annihilate the boss in a single strike of his blade.

The boss exploded into pixels during the descent down, landing in a hero's pose with his blade planted back into the ground. The raging waters waded until they returned to their flat base flowing pattern and the entirety of the storm dissipated. Easily letting her down from his back he chuckled, "You see, there was nothing to worry about in the slightest."

ID: 53633 BD: 5+1=6 LD: 19+6=25 CD: 9

Dom: 193/193
   NRG: 47/47

Lord of the Seas: 0/300 ((19+6)*12=300)

Loot: 5,100 Col | 2 Mats

Edited by Ssendom

Hunie maintained her vice like grip as the waves as a storm took over the swamp. She could tell they were nearing the quest boss. Her fingers quivered as she tightened her grip further and her knuckles grew white. There is still a meagre possibility that ALL this is a trap, she thought as fear took over her rationality and her usual unsuspecting nature. 'Well done Kayaba, you truly know how to instil fear in the hearts of players.' she thought stopped midway, unwilling to let him feel that she doubted his abilities. Hunie just clamped her lips shut and tried to ignore the ominous aura surrounding her, with the storm brewing and all. Hunie's anxiety must have been palpable to Dom, because he calmly instructed her to hold on and reassured her too. He seemed unfazed with everything around him, his tone was calming but it let her know that it was not something to be taken lightly.

So Hunie held on, even as she saw the large monster spawn. The thing looked rather long and scaly, much like a large wingless dragon. Electrical currents surged through the water and Hunie wondered if they were causing any depletion to Dom's health points, but before she had a chance to look, the player with the orange crystal rushed towards the monster.  As Dom hurled towards it, Hunie instinctively closed her eyes... Upon opening them, it was all over. The storm had died down and the quest mob was no longer visible. "It's all over already?" she said, feeling and overwhelming number of emotions at the same time, from surprise to relief. "Oh my god! You have to do it again, I closed my eyes and didn't see anything!" She whined in a mocking manner, but her tone made it evident that she was feeling rather relieved and felt a great sense of gratitude towards Dom. "Thank you so much..." She said softly, resuming a more serious tone. "There truly wasn't anything to worry about." She responded. Her heart rate had accelerated to a large degree and was now finally stabilising. "You were so great!" Hunie praised. 

Dom let down the girl who was hyperventilating during the entirety of the battle... albeit short lived and all. She began to become a bit flustered over the fact that she missed the whole single attack to destroy the boss and asked for him to do it again, "I am sorry Hunie... Once is enough." He laughed out loud, after he finished laughing and she got the time to finally calm down she admitted there was nothing to actually worry about, and she then praised him for his capabilities, "You needn't thank or say nice things to me. I am just doing what anyone of my strength would... Gloating about how they are physically superior and all." He laughed at the joke he made.

He turned and walked toward the area where the boss had been slain and noticed there was a giant cavern at the bottom of the murky water. He turned to look at Hunie, "Looks like there is a sub-dungeon down in the depths of the water, want to do some Dungeon Exploring. These things are worth their weight in experience." He asked while simultaneously informing her, trying to bribe her into going into a Sub-Dungeon. Dom didn't honestly need the woman to be able to defeat the sub dungeon, but he was becoming increasingly comfortable with her company and all, "Lets take a dive!" He shouted in excitement, diving into the water swimming into the cavern. After about 2 minutes under the cavern there was finally an opening to be had, coming up for air he swam over to the dry rocky terrain of the subterranean dungeon, "Now this is more like it!" He exclaimed of the dimly blue lit dungeon of a few blue fire torches that seemed to extend for a far distance. 

ID: 53706 LD: 18+6=24 (Advanced Sub-Dungeon Found)

Edited by Ssendom