[PP-F5] Hidden Dungeons: Visit 1 (Macradon)

Rumor has it, the fifth floor houses a compelling maze of dungeons within it's dunes. This rumor was tested by Oikawa and Calrex a few months back, however; they didn't get too far before deciding that it wasn't quite the time to go searching for trouble like that. Today was different though. The blonde needed to see if the Hidden Dungeon could offer him something more than his last few quest challenges as of late. From what he gathered, finding an actual sub-dungeon down in this labyrinth was one a feat in its own right, and two a great way to level. He was eager and he hoped Macradon was too. Though he only knew of the man due to there exchanges in his shop and the recent pushes in the front-line, he knew with Cal being on vacation and his dissociation with Azure, he would need to make some new ties.

It was quite sudden when someone Macradon knew as Oikawa invited him for a dungeon run. Of course he wouldn't reject the offer as the dungeon run would help them both level up, and in turn help everybody clear Aincrad, so it was quite adequate to join forces and clear some dungeons. Macradon would grab everything he was in need of to get into the dungeon with Oikawa. He had been in many dungeons by now, and most of them were with people he were close with, so having a new person out exploring with him was a nice change of pace, meeting new people was a good thing to do as well. Macradon was clad in all his armor as usual, halfplate armor, sallet helmet, vambraces, demi-greaves and poleyn. He was all decked out in his guild uniform, very built for dungeon hunting.

The sands swirled around the blonde, causing his cape to flutter briefly as wind graced his presence once more. The meeting place was rather open, though he supposed that sending Macradon some coordinates wouldn't be a bad idea. Drawing his menu, the cloaked man tapped away at the HUD and sent off his location to one of the few smiths he actually respected. Despite the blonde's own rank, he recognized Macradon's as well. Flicking the menu aside, he adjusted his hood as he posted himself against the column leading to the dunes. They would explore here first then delve deeper inside to search for a sub-dungeon.

"D'oh" he subtle said to himself. He had been walking the wrong direction all the time. With a deep sigh he would turn around and walk towards the coordinates Oikawa had just sent him. He would wander, his armor clang with each step, his tabbard somewhat blowing in the wind. Macradon's face was fully covered in the sallet helmet, but quickly realized how stupid it was, as it wasn't really essential to his armor, but only made him looker more like a knight. In his red and white outfit, he would proudly present the honor of the Knights of the Blood, but it was only because he would begin to walk in public and doing field work other than socializing in town. After a few minutes of wandering in the desert, he would spot a person standing in the open fields, it resembled Oikawa, at least to some extend. Macradon would approach and get closer. "Greetings, Oikawa" he said with a smile, evne though it was covered by his sallet helmet.

Time seemed to pass by extremely slow when you lied in wait for someone thought the blonde as he remained propped up against the sand eroded column. Just as the thought passed however, he was met with the sight of and alabaster and crimson knight coming over the hill. Well think of the devil and he shall appear, chuckled the blonde internally. Macradon greeted him as they met up, clad in plated armor that clanked as he approached. "Oi Macradon, glad you could make it. How are things going for you and the Knights of Blood?" questioned the blonde as he greeted him back. Letting him answer, he then followed up with a question pertaining to what they would be doing today. "So you've searched for sub-dungeons before, how do you normally go about looking?"

Macradon smiled "Thanks for inviting me" he said. "The guild's doing fine, I just funded the guildhall on the 11th floor for boss meetings and stuff" he said with a confident voice. Even though he hadn't farmed that amount of Col himself, he was still quite proud that he actually was the person to hand them in. Through a lot of negotiations and some fellow friends Macradon was able to put in more than enough Col to purchase the guild hall. Macradon would take up the visor of his helmet so Oikawa could get a better view of Macradon. "I've done it quite so many times now, and actually also found a lot of dungeons. I usually just look where no one would expect to find dungeons, the most obvious place there is for a dungeon to be. No one looks for that" he said with a smile.

"The pleasure is mine Mac and I see. I co-funded the Azure Hall as well, though my donation went more towards funding Zelrius', Ssendom's and Tristan's Rumors than the guild hall." The brief pause between them allowed the Knight to continue as he answered the blonde's latter question from before. Nodding his head , Oikawa spoke in response. "I see. Well I don't know if this is a good spot for finding dungeons but the monsters here are rather exceptional for farming in the mean time if you'd like to warm up." The blonde then brandished his rapier as he motioned to the sands around. "They literally spawn out of nowhere around these parts so stay armed and ready. Outside of that, lead the way kind sir."

"Aye, let's warm up" he said and drew his greatsword from his back, a curved khopesh like sword, the Scarecrow's Sickle. The mobs around him were spawning like ants attracted to a picnic, he had to get to work, and fast. Macradon flew towards a small group of 4 sand crabs, some over sized beasts to assist in the element of a fantasy setting here on Aincrad. With swift moves Macradon would pick up speed to close the distance between him and the crabs. With his <Charge> skill he engaged the frey. With his 6 swift swipes, he cleaved through 4 crabs at the same time, killing them in the process.

ID: 55126
BD: 7+1=8, hit.
CD: 3, no proc.
LD: 13+2=15, Col Bonus.
Sword art used: <Calamity Disaster> 6x2x14-19=137 AOE DMG.

- Health List -
  Macradon: 157/157
Energy: 14/38 (-24)

<Giant Sand Crab> 1-4 125 HP | 31 MIT | 94 DMG

- Acquired Loot -
Col: 2500
Mats: 4

Edited by Macradon

"Warm up?" asked the puzzled blonde as Macradon rocketed off towards the sands. His question revealed its answer though as soon as he caught up with the knight who had already dove into battle. Smirking, Oikawa unsheathed his own blade and delved into combat. Selecting another crab who had scuttled their way, he dropped back, lowered his stance and <Charged> forward, splitting the beast into several pieces as he unleashed <Flashing Penetrator>. Looking over his shoulder he saw more crabs approaching. "Mac, incoming on your left."

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
173 HP
42 Energy
4 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
12 Mitigation

Items
Orochi - Perfect Rapier [+6 Damage]
Citrine Badge - Perfect Lucky Charm [+2 Recovery/ +1 Accuracy]
Clasp of the Progenitor - Perfect Lucky Charm [+2 Accuracy/ +1 Loot Die]

Skills
One Handed Rapier | Rank 5
Battle Healing | Rank 1
Light Armour | Rank 3
Search and Detect| Rank 3
Charge | Rank 3

Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods
Athletics
Precision

Reveal

ID: 55135 BD: 8 (5+3) LD: 21 (17+4) [Flashing Penetrator = 13 + 3 = 16 x 11 = 176 - 31 = 145 Damage]

~Party~

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 31/42 [-11 E]

Macradon: 157/157 E: 14/38

~Enemies~

1-4 <Giant Sand Crab> 125 HP | 31 MIT | 94 DMG (Macradon: 2500 Col and 4 Materials)

5 <Giant Sand Crab> 125 HP | 31 MIT | 94 DMG (Oikawa: 625 Col and 2 Materials)

Macradon would grit his teeth, the mobs around them began to swarm up. Macradon was not having a good time as he had already burned a lot of his energy on the strong and sturdy crabs. He had no other choice than try to go for the lesser crabs and take them out with one of his lesser sword arts, hopefully being able to take out the group of those. He spotted some that came flanking from his left as Oikawa called him out on it "Aye, I spotted them" he said as he would then charge down towards the smaller mobs. He would use his <Disguise> and go into the battle against the 4 crabs, dsiguised as one himself as a surprise element and would then proceed to attack them with his Fight Blade, nearly draining him of all energy. "I can handle these, just go after some other!" he called out back to Oikawa, a single Eruption on the crabs would be enough for Macradon to kill them. One of the damn crabs got a small chop at his torso, but it wouldn't set him back too much for him to ready another sword art to decimate the small crabs.

<Disguise used>

Spoiler

ID: 55190
BD: 4+1(Accuracy+1(Disguise)=6, hit.
CD: 11, Recovery Proc.
MD: 5, miss.
Sword art used: <Fight Blade> 6x1x15-20=70 AOE DMG

ID: 55191
MD: 4, miss.

ID: 55192
MD: 10, Crit +2 DMG = 62-66 Mitigation=1 DMG.

ID: 55194
MD: 1, miss.

- Health List -
  Macradon: 156/157 (-1)
Energy: 5/38 (-12, + 3)

1-4 <Lesser Sand Crab> 10/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Nodding the blonde focused on another Giant Sand Crab that came scurrying over the dune. Grinning the blonde shouted towards Mac. "Alright. I'll leave those 4 to you then." Sprinting towards the creature, the blonde withdrew his blade once more and aimed another <Flashing Penetrator> fueled by a <Charge> towards it. His blade pierced the scaled monster before causing it to disperse as he decimated with ten more rapid thrusts. Turning to Macradon, he called out. "All clear here."

ID: 55200 BD: 8 (5+3) LD: 10 (6+4) [Flashing Penetrator = 13 + 3 = 16 x 11 = 176 - 31 = 145 Damage]

~Party~

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 20/42 [-11 E]

Macradon: 157/157 E: 5/38

~Enemies~

1-4 <Lesser Sand Crab> 10/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG

6 <Giant Sand Crab> 125 HP | 31 MIT | 94 DMG (Oikawa: +1 Material,  625 Col and 3 Materials Total.)

The lesser crabs were hopefully getting slain now, Macradon would let his sword fall down to hi side as it would begin to glow, he was going to strike down the crabs with his might, taking them out with his last swipe that would take his last bits of energy. As he saw his passive energy regeneration triggered, he would rush up and make a diagonal strike from the lower right to the upper left. From there he would kill the momentum and swing back down the same way he came up. From there on he would carry the momentum through and spin around, cleaving one last time through the monsters, killing the lesser crabs and disperse them into pixels, polygons and crystals. "Phew" he said ans he would wipe the sweat off his forehead, the heat was really getting on to him, and the fighting getting him pumped didn't help much either.

Spoiler

ID: 55503
BD: 8+1=9, hit.
CD: 3, no proc.
LD: 1+2=3, nothing special
MD: 1, miss.
Sword art used: <Eruption> 3x1x13-20=19 AOE DMG.

- Health List -
  Macradon: 156/157
Energy: 0/38 (+1, -6)

Oikawa: 173/173
Energy: 20/42

1-4 <Lesser Sand Crab> -9/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

"Good work man. Your Area of Effect attacks are super effective for clearing minions heh. Rapier doesn't have that luxury it seems," commented the blonde as he sheathed his blade. "I think we should recover first before going any further. Maybe even look for some materials while we are at it." Being the first to take his own advice, the blonde paused briefly to look over the shifting sands. Spotting a cave not to far off, he pointed it out and exclaimed to Macradon. "Willing to bet that could be a sub-dungeon over there. What do you think?" Just as he moved to head in that direction, the blonde nearly tripped over an ore jutting from the ground. "Well, I'll be. Another one. Let's go."

ID: 55709 LD: 17 (+1 Material, 625 Col and 4 Materials Total.)

OOC: With the Reveal Mod I can look for the dungeon on my next post.

[OOC: Awesome!]

Macradon would look back over at Oikawa as the small crabs would disperse and those who survived would flee. He sighed as the fight was over. "Yeah, the AOE prowess I get with this big sword is quite effective, though my single target attacks lack slightly" he would say, knowing that the rapier has some strong single target attacks better than the two handed straight sword. Macradon wasn't really that much into all the single target attacks, he was all fine with being able to take out hordes of enemies, that was what gave him his second Demonic sword from the Rohk raid. Macradon chuckle slightly as Oikawa stumbled upon an ore on the ground "You have to be more careful where you wa-" he said but was interrupted by, you guessed it, an ore on the ground, making him trip as well. "Well ... I bet I deserved that" he said with a smile.

ID: 55786
LD: 20+2=22, What a high roll! Here, have a material!

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 5

Edited by Macradon

The blonde chuckled as Macradon stumbled over another one of the mysterious ores that seemed to litter the area. Glancing around, he attempted to spot another one of the others. However, it would seem luck still wasn't on his side, as the random spawning materials seemed to spawn randomly elsewhere. Sighing, the cloaked player stretched his arms and legs before motioning to Macradon. "We should get going. That cave won't stay bright for exploration for to much longer."

ID: 55797 LD: 8 (3+5) (No Material, 625 Col and 4 Materials Total.)

Macradon would nod. It was slowly getting darker and it would only get more difficult to search around this time. "Aye" he said as they had to rush up this tour. They had to go for something, and something it did seem to become. He was unsure if they would be able to look for any dungeon soon or so, so he would just get it going and help Oikawa look around for dungeons and materials. It was easy just going around and looking, too easy for it to be something you wanted to do. It would quickly get very tiresome.

As the eclipsing light above began to fade into a hint of darkness, the blonde pushed out farther into the dunes. "There's gotta be something out here somewhere right? It'd be completely unfathomable to have come all the way out here, only to return home emptied handed." Sighing, the young man kept his eyes peeled for any signs of the dungeon or material. But just as with his luck before, nothing turned up. Looking at Mac, he shrugged his shoulders and checked to see if the man had found anything yet. "Any luck?"

ID: 56573 LD: 9 (4+5) (No Material, 625 Col and 4 Materials Total.)

Macradon would look around, trying to find at least something that would either show him direction for a dungeon or just a material. He would sigh as he tried to find something useful, but did not succeed. Nothing was found by Macradon, no materials, no dungeon. He would look over at Oikawa and answer "Nope, nothing over here" he said and would go on looking again. All this searching and nearly nothing found. He was beginning to question if they would ever find any dungeon. 

ID: 56613
LD: 7+2=9, nothing.

Edited by Macradon

OOC: Go ahead and roll for the dungeon on your post or I will on my next one. If we miss it, I'll just close up the thread on my next post.

Discouragement began to settle into the man as he continued to look for materials and the entrance to the dungeon that was supposedly around here. His eyes shifted from one sandy dune to the next and to no avail as he still couldn't find anything. Looking to the armor clad player on his left, Oikawa spoke out. "If we don't find anything after this last sweep through, lets head back. It'd be foolish to stay out here past night time. As I'd rather not deal with enhanced mobs if it doesn't involve dungeon crawling hehe." 

ID: 56675 LD: 14 (9+5) (No Material, 625 Col and 4 Materials Total.)

Macradon nodded "I hear you" he said with a smile on his lips. It was getting late, and if they had to fight enhanced monsters while not dungeon crawling, it was a waste of time. He sighed as he would look around, he didn't find anything that would lead them towards a dungeon but he was able to find a material, hiding in the dark behind some of the rocks, somewhat dug into the ground. Macradon would grab it and put it away in his inventory to look for the dungeon with Oikawa.

<Donned Blood Oath Tabbard, uses those stats instead of Vambraces>

ID: 56841
LD: 12+4=16, Have a Material!

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 6 

Edited by Macradon