[PP - F11] The Climb, Pt. 10

HA8k3BI.png

«Floor 11»
13:48 AST

"Now this is a breath of fresh air," Takao said as the pleasant sight of Taft entered his vision. The eleventh floor was a climate he was much more comfortable with, perhaps the only floor save for the first three that he ever found himself casually visiting for the sake of enjoyment. He knew his red-haired dungeon hunting companion would be following close behind, so the instant his boots left the warp gate platform, he started off in the direction he knew their tenth quarry would be. More importantly than the floor itself though, they were well over halfway done, which meant that each step forward that Takao took brought him that much closer to a nice, long, well deserved nap.

"Agreed, screw the ninth floor," Mack grumbled, flashing the teleport portal, the portal plaza, and the portal platform a gesture that made it very clear that he thought the ninth floor was number one in his book. A very crude and ill mannered number one. As the pair of them made their way past the massive cathedral that dominated the town of Taft, Mack quirked an eyebrow as his features passed into and out of the prismatic lighting patterns cast by the cathedral's stained glass windows. "Isn't there a mini-dungeon under the cathedral," he asked, pointing at the heavy wrought iron gates that led to the intricately carved doors of the Cathedral which, in turn, led down into the catacombs. "Thought I remembered hearing that from the broker, hell if I remember. They're all running together except for that Gnoll... still can't unsee that."

ID: 53837
BD: 5 + 3(ACC)
LD: 6 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
CD: 2

Takao: 201/201 (37/49) [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Greater Direwolf 1 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 2 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 3 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 4 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

"Dunno, I haven't heard anything 'bout it myself," Takao responded as they passed the building. "We can check it out on the way back, but I feel like something that obvious would've been checked through and through by now. I can't be the only player with the reveal skill. Somebody's bound to have used it in there at least once before me." Before long, they were passing by the guards of Taft and delving into the wilderness. It was considerably more pleasant than the floors before it. Rolling hills of grass, forests looming in the background, and an otherwise blue sky littered with clouds. It had also been Takao's choice of venue for some game breaking parry farming, though Cardinal had been quick to fix that before it could be exploited any further. It seemed as though he'd have to go about grinding the old fashioned way. "We'll head east from the gates, the dungeon should be in that direction somewhere... and because we're not fortunate enough to go without mobs showing up, " Takao grumbled as his eyes laid upon the figures of four approaching wolves. "I got 'em." He said, claiming the four monsters as his opponents. With his sword drawn and the charge skill readied, he leapt forward and annihilated the four monsters in a trio of swift strokes.

Total Rewards:
4 Materials - Takao
2120 Col

Edited by Takao

ID: 53986
LD: 2

"I suppose that makes some sense," Mack allowed, looking at the massive cathedral that dominated the Portal Plaza in the city of Taft. "Still, you know how crypts and catacombs can be, there's no telling what we might find down there," the brutish axe man continued in a low tone as he and Takao passed by the gate guards that were controlling the eastern gate. They hadn't been marching along for very long when a small pack of dire wolves made their presence known. As Takao when sprinting off to deal with them Mack plunged the haft of his weapon into the ground, probing experimentally for any crafting materials and finding nothing. "Nicely done," Mack called, catching up to the swordsman and beginning to hum On the Road Again.

ID: 54056
BD: 8 + 3(ACC)
LD: 16 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , + 4240)

Takao: 201/201 (37/49) [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Greater Direwolf 5 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 6 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 7 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 8 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

"Thank ye kindly," Takao said as the four wolves disappeared into oblivion, their polygons fading away as all things that lost their durability or health did. "There's always a chance something might be there, so we'll at least check. I mean, we have to pass it anyway, not like it'll be taking an hour long detour. These dungeons do seem to spawn at random too, so who knows." He shrugged and refocused. More wolves approached from their flank. Takao made quick work of them, obliterating their ranks with the same sword art that fell their brethren.

Total Rewards:
12 Materials
6360 Col

ID: 54339
BD: 8
LD: 19 (+4 Mats, +2000 Col)

Takao: 201/201 (49/49) 
Mack: 157/157 (20/38) Explode Catapult: 3x3x16=144

Greater Direwolf 9 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 10 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 11 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 12 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]

"Fair enough," Mack allowed shrugging his shoulders as Takao dispatched another bunch of the direwolves. The colossal blacksmith laced his fingers together and then cracked all of his knuckles in one swift motion before drawing Invictus from the sheath at his back where the weapon normally resided. "I guess we'll have to head back that way anyhow once we're done on this floor with the other dungeons we've found out about already," the axe wielding warrior continued, squinting his eyes and looking off into the distance. Sure enough, another group of four direwolves were on their way to join the party. "These four are mine," he said, clapping a hand on Takao's shoulder shortly before his axe ended the threat.

Total Rewards:
16 Materials
8360 Col

ID: 55108
BD: 10 + 3(ACC)
LD: 14 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +5400 Col)

Takao: 201/201 (14/49) [Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» 1*7*24=168 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 2 Critical)

Greater Direwolf 13 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 14 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 15 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 16 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]

"Sounds like a plan," Takao said to Mack as he passed by and engaged another group of four wolves. Beyond the small pack that Mack fought, four more bounded closer, urging Takao into action. Moving past his red-haired behemoth of a traveling companion, Takao utilized the charge skill to put some spring into his step and some power behind his sword art. He tensed his legs and preformed a simple jump, his body flipping a single time just inches from the ground before his sword arm slammed downward. The tip of the Inundator buried itself into the ground, resulting in a wave of arcing electricity to dance across the grass and wash over the four wolves. They were obliterated as the lightning caught them, reducing their health to zero and exploding into a field of fluttering pixels.

Total Rewards:
24 Materials
13760 Co

ID: 55243
BD: 8
LD: 1 (+4 Mats)

Takao: 201/201 (49/49) 
Mack: 157/157 (3/38) Explode Catapult: 3x3x16=144

Greater Direwolf 17 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 18 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 19 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 20 -18/100 (Mit. 26) [144-26=118 DMG]

"You know," Mack's deep voice boomed out as he zipped past Takao engaging the charge skill as he engaged another group of direwolves, "I'm going to be Grandmastering my heavy armor skill basically right after we finish up with these dungeons today. I should pick up plenty of XP and SP to get through the Grandmaster level and pick up the Stonewall add on, you should tag along for the party on eight, I know a little Inn out that way, I'll pick up your room for the night too," the axe man said in a low tone, pulling up his player menu and tapping out a quick message to several different players to invite them to a rather last minute gathering of sorts.

ID: 55301
BD: 10 + 3(ACC)
LD: 14 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +5400 Col)

Takao: 201/201 (1/49) [Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» 1*7*24=168 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 2 Critical)

Greater Direwolf 21 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 22 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 23 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Greater Direwolf 24 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]

"That'll be kinda late, won't it?" Takao said as he idly scratched the side of his neck, considering the invitation and weighing the benefits over his desire to sleep. As yet another grouping of wolves came barreling closer, the brunet momentarily refocused his attention onto them, and set about electrifying their small pack with a single sword art. Four plumes of shimmering polygons and a results window later, and Takao turned back to Mack. "If I'm not dead asleep by then, I'll swing by for a bit. I have some crafting I need to get done too though, to prepare for the boss fight."

Total Rewards:
36 Materials
19160 Col

"Of course it'll be late," Mack rumbled, shrugging his broad shoulders as he answered Takao's question. "That gives us an excuse to drink and eat and carouse," the ginger headed man continued, speaking in a tone that almost said all of this was obvious. "Besides that, we'll probably be the only two guys that are there," Mack roared in a jovial tone, clapping Takao on the back with rather more force than was completely necessary. "A target rich environment, Takao. That is what it shall be. For a bard, such as yourself, finding a suitable companion shouldn't be a problem at all... as long as it's not one of my sisters. A bro's sister is always off limits, so says the Bro Code."

ID: 55693
LD: 17 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+1 Material)

Takao aligned the tip of his sword with the opening of the scabbard on his back and dropped the blade inside, rolling his shoulders as the hilt assembly clicked into place. "Yes, well, unfortunately I've decided to become an eighty year old man as of five or six hours ago, so going to bed early is an extremely tempting notion." He said, exhaling a guttural urk in the seconds that followed Mack's rougher than necessary back pat. "...Also, you don't have to worry 'bout me going after them. One, they terrify me, and two, I'm not really lookin' anyways."

Total Rewards:
37 Materials
19160 Col

"And why aren't you looking, you sly dog," Mack asked in a low rumbling, but good-natured, tone as he shot a smirk in Takao's direction. It had been a topic of discussion for the past several hours on the part of the hulking axe man, trying to get Takao to reveal the name of the person that he was pursuing. Like a dog with a bone, Mack simply refused to allow the topic of die until he had the information that he wanted. Besides, what else were they going to talk about out here in the middle of nowhere? "And you're also right to be afraid of my sisters, especially my twin. She'd make your insides your outsides if you rubbed her the wrong way. So, Bard, who is this lady of yours? I need to know who else to invite to the last minute celebration tonight."

ID: 56367
LD: 12 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas)
(+1 Material)

"I like my insides on the inside," Takao said, his hand coming to rest on his stomach and his eyes falling downward. "That's where they're 'spose to be, 'cause they're called insides." He continued, allowing the comments to act as some semblance of a diversion to the alternative subject. The words he had spoken were honest, relationships weren't something that had been on his mind for quite a while. His focus had been so resolute on progress that everything else had fallen through the cracks and been disregarded. Even so, a question deserved an answer. "S'just not something on my mind right now, focusin' on other stuff." He replied with a simple and brief tone to his voice.

Total Rewards:
38 Materials
19160 Col

Edited by Takao

"Oh, you can't pretend you've not thought about it," Mack rumbled in a good natured tone, refusing to be deterred quite so easily from his chosen topic of conversation. "Who knows how long we're going to be trapped in here? Maybe several years. Everyone needs someone, remember? Be that someone a boy, a girl, or a curiously shaped sweet potato," the gigantic axe man continued, reaching up to draw back the hood on his white trimmed crimson cloak. "After all, you know what they say..." Mack trailed off for a moment, took in a huge gulp of air, and began to sing. "One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do," he began, clearly not caring if he got all the lyrics right or not. "Two, can be as bad as one but still the loneliest number is the number one..." He hummed a few random notes from the song then threw back his held and belted out. "ONE IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER! ONE IS THE LONELIEST NUMMBER! ONE, IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER THAT YOU'LL EVER DOOOO! NUMBER!" That done, he turned his gaze back on Takao and squinted at the teen. "So, who am I inviting to this party later tonight for you, eh?"

OOC// Accidentally rolled twice on this one cause I forgot I already rolled earlier. I used the first one.

"I think the left side of my brain just went dead," Takao said in monotone; his voice carrying a cadence that had once been unusual for him, but was quickly becoming more prevalent. His expression dulled as Mack bellowed out his rendition of the song, directing the glower look that grew on his face toward his red haired traveling companion. "I didn't say I haven't thought about it before. I have, 'n I tried it. It didn't work out, so I'm focusin' on other stuff right now. Y'know, like finding the dungeons." Takao said as the two approached a rundown looking village. Takao activated the skill that had paramount in their coasting through the levels, and eyed the various buildings as they passed. He stopped, seemingly at random, at one of the many squalors. "Ah, crap. Was about time our luck ran out, I guess... Still a decent one, but I was kinda hopin' for a perfect run." He muttered to himself upon entering the ruined building and approaching a staircase that lead into darkness. Takao reached over his shoulder and pulled out his sword before glancing back at Mack. "Why don't you invite some cats in heat? They'd compliment your singing." The dry tone to his voice betrayed the jovial words, giving them a much more serious inflection than intended. One eyebrow twitched upward before he turned back to the staircase and began his descent.

- -

Intermediate Dungeon found.

» ID : [[ 56443 ]]
» LD : [[ 20 (10 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search&Detect) + 2(Reveal)) ]

Edited by Takao

OOC: The good luck had to run out eventually :)

"If your brain's going dead does that mean you're turning into a zombie? We haven't fought any of those yet today, so you can't possibly have been bitten," Mack rumbled, following along behind Takao as he entered the home and began to descend the stairs. "And what do you mean by cats in heat? There's nothing wrong with my singing. Sure, it's off key and the pitch is bad and the notes are wrong. But, and this is the important part, I make up for all that by adding a lot of extra volume," the ginger giant continued, nodding solemnly and completely ignoring Takao's glower. "Other than that, even the best hunters sometimes come up a bit short. Still, it'll be a good haul. Now, what do you think we'll be fighting this time?"

ID: 56565
BD: 6 + 3(ACC)
LD: 20 + 3(Hands of Midas)
(+8 Materials , +4920 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (40/54) [Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» 1*7*22=154 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Rotten Corpse 1 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 2 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 3 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 4 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]

"Naw man, zombie's brains aren't dead. They're the only part that still works, that's why you gotta brain 'em to kill 'em." Takao said as he slowly descended the dark staircase; only the light bleeding in from above illuminated their plunge into the unknown. Each step taken was careful, lest he slip and fall on what he couldn't see and simply tumble down the stairs instead. When his boots hit solid ground, a few torches were lit ablaze, the hallway before them dimly illumined by the weak flames.

The dungeon before them was hardly befitting of the name. It was a hallway, as simple in design as they came. Doors lined each side yet they were shut tight and locked. The only opposition that stood before them were human-esque corpses, hued a sickly green, laying against the walls. "...'n speakin' of zombies." Takao muttered to himself as he stepped forward. The first of the four that laid in wait before them stirred and slowly clambered to their feet. The closest of his adversaries were thrown into the second, allowing him enough time to ready a sword art. His blade shone blue and he slammed the tip into the cobblestone floor beneath him, emitting a wave of electricity to wash over the monsters before they could get close. "I'm guessin' Patient Zero is waitin' for us at the end."

Total Rewards:
44 Materials
24080 Col

Edited by Takao

OOC: I'm tired of missing... *grumbles about Cardinal*

Mack decided, as Takao entered the dungeon that he would wait from the top of the steps until his partner reached the bottom. Conventional wisdom said it was best to let the kid make it down the stairs first. After all, he was the one with all the special dungeon-hunting skills and it wasn't like they'd run into anything overly challenging yet. While he waited, the big man pulled up his inventory and cycled through items, finally deciding to activate the accuracy boost on his Golden Axe Charm and to deactivate St. Michael's Fingers, storing the gauntlets in his inventory. "I guess that makes sen..." Mack said, beginning to answer Takao and taking a step along the stairway. Somewhere, though, the fighter misjudged the distance. One step turned into two and he didn't manage to catch three, so Mack tumbled pell mell down the stairs with a violent series of thuds, thumps, crashes, and curses until he came to a stop at the bottom of the staircase just as his green-eyed companion finished reducing some zombies to deadfetti. "I'm gonna show Kayaba Patient Zero," the ginger man glowered darkly, pushing himself up off of the ground and drawing his axe as he fell into step with Takao.

OOC// accuracy builds, woopwoop

ID: 56898
BD: 9 + 3(ACC)
LD: 16 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(S&D)
(+8 Materials , +5120 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (27/54) [Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» 1*7*23=161 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 1 Critical)

Rotten Corpse 5 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32=129 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 6 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32=129 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 7 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32=129 DMG]
Rotten Corpse 8 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32=129 DMG]

2/10 Remaining

Takao was brought to a momentary pause as a loud, rumbling sound grew closer with each passing second. Was it an earthquake, perhaps? No, couldn't be it. The noise sounded much too... metal. He set his glance over his shoulder and settled it upon Mack, whom had just finished his lengthy tumble down the stairs. A low snicker left Takao's throat, stirring the next four monsters that laid ahead. "You have the power and grace of a category 5 hurricane." He commented as his attention turned forward once more. Four more green-hued zombie like monsters lurched closer, only to be quickly eradicated by a wave of electricity.

Total Rewards:
52 Materials
29200 Col

Edited by Takao

"Are you implying that I both lumber and hit like a a grizzly," Mack growled in a low tone as Takao polished off the next set of monsters. "Because, I'd like to point out that grizzly bears may look big and slow, but for short distances they can fun faster than forty miles an hour. Also, there's Chewie. Everyone loves Chewie, even if his brain's every bit as fuzzy as his hide." The gigantic red-head continued to glower darkly as he plodded down the hall towards the chamber with the boss on the other side, following slightly behind and to the left of Takao. Clearly, he was still a bit frosty about his unceremonious entrance into the dungeon in the first place and he was making absolutely no effort to be quiet. It wasn't like they were going to sneak up on anything now anyway.