[PP-F4] Snow way out! (Seul, Macradon)

@Seul @Macradon

Hydra opened up his interface and sent a message out to all players on floor 4. The brunette had accepted a quest to take down an ice elemental by the name of Avalanche but had no one to accompany him, and walking around on floor 4 alone in the dark was something he had done before and had not enjoyed. The message read. <Hi, my name is Hydra.. currently im near snow frost village in floor 4 about to venture out to try and take down a field mob. If anyone interested whatever level or gender I'd greatly appreciate the company and assistance. Thanks> With that the message was sent. All he had to do now was wait and see if someone showed up, he doubted if anyone would come at all especially to a stranger's request.

Edited by Hydra

After recieving a message from someone while training out in the snow covered fields, he skimmed through it and shrugged before making his way back toward Snowfrost. Thankfully he had the survival skill, removing some of the effects of the cold weather's effects as traveled throughout the floor. As usual he placed the kitsune mask down to cover his face and wandered off into the town to find the one seeking assistance. Eventually he'd spot a player by the name of Hydra, who happened to be the one who issued the request. Without wasting another second Seul strolled over to the male and gave him a wave. "Hey, I'm here to help take on Avalanche."

Edited by Seul

[OOC: Sorry for the late post. Got busy this weekend]

A message popped up in front of Macradon in the form of a small letter, lit up slightly. Macradon would press it to open it up and see what it said. Someone needed help with Avalanche, it was free Sp so Macradon shrugged his shoulders and went for the 4th floor. Macradon was wearing his usual attire, the red and white armor and grey bodysuit with the blood oath tabbard worn around the armor. He was ready to head out, but was sure that he was making it too easy for the lower leveled players. As he arrived to the chosen meetup place, he would spot out 2 people, one of which was Seul, his guild mate. "I came to assist upon the Avalanche quest" he said and would nod slightly at Seul as a greeting.

(OOC: np it's fine, good to RP with some new people :D)

A small while passed as Hydra waited on the fourth floor. It was certainly cold but the player was wearing his hood as well as a suit of armor that gave him a little protection. "Hmm... maybe I should try one of the local taverns". Sighing the spearman picked up his equipment only to notice a player wearing a fox max approaching. The brunette's eyes raised, he seemed to have some recognition of a player in a fox mask on the first floor... Yet the person seemed friendly enough. Hydra raised his hand and gave the player an innocent smile before exchanging greetings "Hi it's nice to meet you".

By this point a second player emerged, he had nodded to the one in the fox mask. Hydra assumed they were acquainted already. The snow made it slightly hard to perceive but the player that had just arrived, Hydra was sure he recalled from a store on the first floor, "Would you happen to be the one who crafted my armor?" He asked politely. Hydra had failed to recognize the Knight's of the Blood oath symbol at this point, to him everything was white because of the snow. The spearman certainly took note of the red color though.

It wasn't that surprising to see someone else show up in response to the request. It didn't take any rocket science to figure out that helping players on these quests is an easy way to accumulate more experience. But of course it would be Macradon who would show up! Seul was grateful to have his guild mate along during their last mission to kill Cerberus, but how was he supposed to show off now if the bruiser was just going to one shot Avalanche?! THAT WAS HIS JOB. Maybe; if he was lucky enough ...Regardless, he'd push such petty matters aside for now. There'd be plenty of time to display his growth in the days to come and to be entirely honest he wasn't exactly sure if the new gear was even practical. Lifting his mask off, he gave a wave to the armored player. "Hoy-"

Macradon smiled in the cold weather "I indeed am the blacksmith who crafted your armor" he said with a grin on his face. This person who needed help was a boy known as Hydra, a customer at Macradon's shop. A patron like this was someone Macradon was willing to help out, if they got more money or mats, they would be able to buy more items from Macradon! He would chuckle at that thought, that wasn't really the reason for him helping at all, but it was a side bonus he just came up with. A voice came from Seul, who was also part of the Blades, which was quite nice having someone with him "h0i" he replied. "I'm ready when you are" he said with a smile to the group as he would equip his sallet helmet to shield himself from the hard weather, as well as keeping himself away from the cold.

Hydra smiled and then nodded at the pair showing he was ready to set off. "I think the NPC told me the ice elemental was spawning just outside an area called glacial cove..." He looked over his shoulder, Snowfrost village had vanished amidst the falling of snow, it was gentle but abundant. The spearman felt a little anxious, these players were far stronger than him. He pressed forward. It was certainly tiring to walk in these conditions by the time they had reached the entrance to Glacial Cove Hydra collapsed. He manage to raise his finger and point at the cliff, "I was thinking we could create an avalanche to attract, well Avalanche." Hydra paused for a moment and looked up at the two players from the ground "I am not sure how we would do that though... any other ideas?"

Seul took a moment to think about the situation, falling back on his memories as a guide. He originally took the mission in an effort to obtain experience for Block and a player named Ssendom had carried him through the quest; ultimately killing the field boss in one shot after he had missed. How times have changed since then. It all seemed like a surreal dream now, but still he couldn't help but wonder if the armored warrior was still out there somewhere.  "Well, last time I did this quest I think we fought off some ice elementals to get Avalanche to spawn. Monsters hate it when you kill their babies."

Macradon smirked "Well, we do create an avalanche of feelings if we kill the babies" he said with the smirk on his lips. Slaying a large amount of mobs was one of Macradon's specialties, so it wouldn't take long for him to get some mobs slain and make the field boss angry. Looking at a close group of mobs, Macradon would begin to rush to them as his speed would reach far beyond what humanly possible with his <Charge> skill. He would get close to the golems and would prepare his sword. Macradon slipped on the snow as some ice had been hiding under the snow. He slipped and would block the first incoming attack but would be hit twice as he had no balance. His Regen would begin to proc as the health that the golems took from him regenerated again. He would smirk, they didn't do enough damage to scratch him, at least not more than 1 damage. "Hydra, stay back, they're too strong for you" he said.

Spoiler

ID: 56258
MD: 5, Miss.

ID: 56260
MD: 7, Hit.

ID: 56261
MD: 7, Hit.

ID: 56262
BD: 2+1=3, Miss.
CD: 12, Recovery proc. Regen Proc.

ID: 56263
MD: 2, Miss.

- Party -
[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 13 DMG (-2 HP from mobs, +18 HP from Regen)
[0]Hydra:          ?? HP | ?? MIT | ?? DMG
[0]Seul:            ?? HP | ?? MIT | ?? DMG

<Snow Golem> 80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG

Edited by Macradon

Hydra stood with his mouth open, his eye twitching slightly. "Uh..huh" He nodded to himself taking Macradon's advice. "I thought the quest giver said this was easy... if these are the babies then..." He mumbled to himself quietly, his anxiety and stress levels rising rapidly. The spearman stood back watching the fight take place. Turning to Seul he asked "So.. uh, did this happen the last time you did the Avalanche quest?" The brunette sat himself down in the snow and watched from a far. He hadn't realized how strong the smith was, charging into battle against the mobs like it was nothing.

- Party -
[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 13 DMG (-2 HP from mobs, +18 HP from Regen)
[0]Hydra:          64 HP | 18 MIT | 7 DMG
[0]Seul:            ?? HP | ?? MIT | ?? DMG

Spoiler
1392777254676.gif

Edited by Hydra

"Not quite like this..." True the mobs this time around were much stronger than the puny elementals he faced last time, but that wouldn't stop him from killing them. Macradon had rushed in and attacked but, the golems were left standing. Hydra joining the battle was out of the question and Seul's dagger wasn't exactly built for fighting multiple enemies. He could only sigh though. It's not like Avalanche would require huge amounts of energy to defeat. One less golem would mean one less opponent to care about and with that in mind he casually walked over to the closest monster and tore it apart in two quick slices that formed the Cross Edge sword art.

ID: 56330 | BD: 10 (Crit) | LD: 19 | Loot: 400 Col + 1 Mat

- Party -
[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 13 DMG
[0]Hydra:          64 HP | 18 MIT | 7 DMG
[2]Seul:           104 HP | 74 MIT | 11 DMG | 18 EN (-8 EN) | Sword Art: Cross Edge | 11 + 2 Crit x 8 - 20 = 84 DMG

<Snow Golem> 0 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG [+1 Mat]

Edited by Seul

Seul jumped into the fight, getting some damage onto one of the golems. Macradon would pick up the pace and would use <Fight Blade> to get some damage down on these golems. With a critical strike he would wither the golems down to low health, leaving them to either die by Seul or by Macradon's bleed. "Seul, you can choose to kill them or let them bleed out" Macradon would say as he saw the red gauges he made with his sword art somewhat bleeding with pixels, he also noticed the golems' health slowly depleting after Macradon's hits had dealt their damage. Macradon would block out two attacks that came from the golems after he had hit them, but a third would catch him off guard, getting a solid blow onto Macradon's stomach, but he wouldn't twitch as the damage was minimal.

Spoiler

ID: 56337
BD: 9+1=10, crit +1 DMG.
CD: 2, no proc.
LD: 8+2=10, nothing special.
Sword art used: <Fight Blade> 6x1x14-20=64 DMG + Bleed.

ID: 56338
MD: 2

MD: 3

MD: 6, hit.

- Party -
[3]Macradon: 160/161 HP | 66 MIT | 13 DMG | 26/39 NRG (-1 Health. +12 Energy. +1 Passive energy regen)
[0]Hydra:                 64 HP | 18 MIT | 7 DMG   | 16 NRG
[2]Seul:                  104 HP | 74 MIT | 11 DMG | 18 NRG

<Snow Golem> 0 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG
<Snow Golem> 16/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG Bleed, 18 DMG next turn
<Snow Golem> 16/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG Bleed, 18 DMG next turn

Edited by Macradon

Hydra continued to watch from the sidelines as both players ripped apart the mobs. Seul was first to land a hit completely destroying one with his dagger, whilst Macradon seemed to strike the remaining 3 at once. The spearman overheard the conversation between the two... "Bleed out?" He rubbed his eyes and stared at the baby snow golems. The brunette decided it would be best not to question if a snow golem would bleed and if it did what it would bleed. Presumably water but then again. Whilst the players were conferring Hydra began to build a snowman, unfortunately it did not stick. "Let it go..." He would repeat to himself watching as his work crumbled before him.

[3]Macradon: 160/161 HP | 66 MIT | 13 DMG | 26/39 NRG (-1 Health. +12 Energy. +1 Passive energy regen)

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Its been like a month. xD)

It wasn't like he was about to waste energy on things that were destined to die anyway. "I'm good" He'd say while turning his attention back to Hydra who had spent the duration of the battle playing in the snow. All he could really do was shrug and take a seat as he watched the mobs in their final moments. He took it upon himself to start building his own snow man while he waited. Just sitting around was smartest strategy... But also incredibly boring. "The boss should show up now that these things are dead."

Macradon smirked as the last bit of health disappeared from the small golem's health bars. The special added Bleed enhancement to his sword would take them out without more energy consumption. The open gauges on the golems would disperse and scatter as quickly as the golems did as well. The monsters exploded into pixels and slowly disappearing into thin air. Macradon would look around "The big one should be nearby" he said "Or at least spawning soon" he continued.

Spoiler

ID: 58342
CD: 5, no proc.
LD: 19, Col + Extra mat!

6 Mats gained.
1600 Col gained

Edited by Macradon

Just as Macrodon finished speaking a huge roar sounded in the air. A bitter wind sailed through the area that the players were occupied in, it completely obliterated Hydra's snowman. "Okayyyy..." The brunette mumbled, dragging it out with a concerned expression on his face. The snow suddenly picked up making it incredibly hard to see, the spearman wondered if this always happened with this field boss. Thinking strategically he lay down front first on the ground and peered deep into the white abyss. For a moment he thought he saw rapid movement but quickly dismissed it as his mind playing tricks on him. Remembering the other players advice he glanced around to see where they were. 

• 6 months later...

@Hydra (This thread is really old so let's abandon the quest and finish it up with a few more posts. :,D)

"On second thought... Maybe we should head back." He said as he shot both of his companions a serious glance. He wasn't concerned about the boss since he had killed it a couple times in the past, but there was something off putting about being out in the open like this at the moment. It probably sounded crazy to them, but he did not want to be there right now. The sanctuary offered by the town was where he wanted to be. Behind the comforting protection of the safe zone as the game prevented any unauthorized combat from taking place within town walls.

"I don't know, I just have a feeling something bad might happen if we hang around here for too long." The picking up intensity of the snow wasn't helping his intuition either. All the signs were there, but even if they wanted to continue on he would most likely walk away this time around.

@Seul @Macradon (good idea. Will change the title so it suits accordingly. Sorry Macradon I think I just took your post)

Hydra could just about hear what Seul was saying, although it was becoming much harder to see things now. "I think a blizzard is upon us." The spearman pushed himself upwards whilst trying to shield his face from the bitter cold. He slowly edged forwards to what remained of the other players which hadn't been masked in bright white.

After a few minutes of stumbling through the deep snow he finally caught up. Shivering but otherwise fine. It took the spearman a moment to come to his senses but eventually he managed to splutter out "You two are the experts and if things have become dangerous then I will just follow your directions, I will come back another day. Perhaps when I am stronger and can handle this boss myself." The brunette did one last check on his person to make sure he still had everything, most importantly his familiar and then stood back and waited for the others decision.

Edited by Hydra

Shrugging his shoulders as he didn’t bother with the weather, he had been used to it for quite a long time when he adventured around alone back in the days. His armor as well as his bodysuit underneath it would shield him from most harm such as snow and the cold. “If that’s what you fancy, then let’s head back to town. I don’t really mind the weather, but that’s probably mostly because of my plate armor that’s shielding the environment off of me, as well as my <Survival> skill” he would say to his two companions. He only came to help, but if they didn’t want to go further, there was nothing more he could help them with other than just heading back to the town where they would all be safe from the snow and possibly monsters out there in the oncoming blizzard. As the party would sooner or later arrive at the town, Macradon would bid farewell “I will say my farewell here and hope to see you guys on a later date. Just hit me up on a PM and I’ll contact you whenever I’m free” Macradon said to Hydra and would begin to back home.

Macradon's Loot:
6 Mats gained.
1600 Col gained

• 4 weeks later...

(Close it on up @Hydra!) 

Seul offered them both a wave before turning to head back toward the town. Although they wouldn’t be finishing the quest today the knight did not feel bad about turning tail this time around and walking away. The way he saw it there would always be another day to go out and slay the Avalanche if that’s what they chose to do.

There were only a handful of times when he got a similar feeling as the one he experienced earlier. Some might have called it superstition, but he was not ready to be too adventurous when other people’s lives were involved. Living to fight another day took precedence over staying to possibly get jumped by an unruly force. He would need to take some time to get stronger on his own so that he would be able to better protect the people around him. It was just a matter of staying determined.