[PP-F10] The Banshee's Curse

OOC: Post your arrival in Yomi, once everyone is here we'll get down to brass tacks in taking care of this quest. When posting order, until we begin the combat, will be based on the order you enter the thread, we'll determine combat order later. 48 hour posting rule when it's your turn to post.

Mack stood silent and stoic in the portal plaza area of the town of Yomi on the tenth floor. The floor itself was entirely subterranean and Yomi was one of the only lit up areas on the entire floor, although it was only lit up in relative terms as lanterns dotted the street corners and windows, throwing everything into a sort of eerily twilight of half light and shadows. That suited the ginger headed blacksmith just fine as he waited for the rest of the Blades to arrive with his arms crossed over his broad chest and Invictus sheathed at his back and the white trimmed crimson hood of his cloak that marked him as the Commanding Officer of the Crimson Blades and third in command of the Knights of the Blood Oath pulled up over his head. Once those of his Strike Team that were taking part in today's quest had arrived they would go ahead and get down to work in going after the Banshee. This would be Mack's third attempt at completing this quest, and he aimed to make sure it got done this time.

A long drawn out yawn preceded Magda’s arrival in the central plaza in the Town of Beginnings. She’d just returned from the lake Mack had shown her and a stint of quiet fishing only to receive a message to meet up on the tenth floor. Absentmindedly she brushed some of her hair back over her left ear while she opened her menu. She quickly swapped out her fishing rod for her hammer and set out equipping her armor and shield. Once she was "combat ready" she quickly approached the teleport pad and stood on it. The corner of her lips twitched as she smirked. She checked the message to confirm the name of the main settlement there and said, "Teleport Yomi." She was surrounded by blue light as she made the transition between the floors. An unnerving sense of weightlessness overcame her before her surroundings shifted and became more distinct. She stumbled forward several paces before she regained her balance. The site that awaited her was not exactly expected. The warmth and light cast down by the sun on the first floor was suddenly gone and replaced by darkness that was only held back by the small lanterns that lined the settlement.

Her brow furrowed as she blinked in an attempt to adjust her eyes to the dimmed light. It took a few moments but once she was able to see clearly she got a good look at her surroundings. The lack of a sky and sun weren't the only noticeable differences. The architecture bore a strong resemblance to Japanese structures. All around the structure a tall mountain ascended up into the darkness. Either it was just too high to see or the dim light prevented her eyes from seeing too far. She grinned as she looked around at all of the new sights. It wasn't until she crossed paths with one of the settlement's NPCs that she jumped back and quickly took her hammer up. She blinked a few times when the NPC didn't attack, but she could clearly see that it was undead. "Uh," she muttered as she looked around. When her gaze focused on Mack she waved and backed away from the NPC. "Am I the first," she started to say but carefully reconsidered her words before she finished her question, "the second to arrive?"

Spoiler

Starting Thread at Level 7
Equipped Items: Titanium Hide[Heavy Armor]; Pride of the Blood Oath[Shield]; Blood Rage[Hammer]

With such an entrance, Opal had appeared in light before it was doused by the darkness around her. She gave a quiet sigh and shifted to one leg as she opened up her menu. She smirked, bringing up a vanity potion that was bright in yellow. Finding it in her hand as it materialized, the woman drank the neon potion. Moments later, a jettison of golden light fluttered out before her, illuminating several feet in all directions as her body acted out as a torch light. Now that she was able to see where she would be going, the Vice Commander navigated the area efficiently. Thanks to her meet up with Mari a while back, she knew that this floor would be hell on the eyes without being able to see in the darkness. 

Opal wore he basic Vice Commander's Uniform as a vanity item over her panoply and for the moment, did not have a weapon equipped. She was on the fence to what to use during this quest. She had several weapons to chose from especially the new demonic Maiden's Kiss Katana. She walked through Yomi without a hitch, despite the gloomy nature of the floor, Opal had taken a small liking to it and she felt much more safe in the darkness than in the light. But that was more of her kunoichi life style surfacing as her mentor and teacher taught her to hide and hide well in the shadows making her something of a master of the darkness. When her radiant light had spread out with flecks of golden luminous, she found Mack and Magda not too far ahead of her. With a gentle way, the woman greeted them both, "Seems like I am early. Good to see you again, Magda. Ready to stomp on some mobs?" 

Notes: Used a Good Potion, radiate a light energy from her body to see through the darkness better. Will be good for entire thread. 

Xion sighed as he materialised in the near pitch black settlement of Yomi, a chill going down his spine due to his lack of vision. "I hate this place" he said, furrowing his brow before swiping in the air which caused his menu to appear, scrolling through it before equipping Striking Maelstrom, his spear and the Aegis of the Maelstrom, ,in his right and left hand respectively. A surprised smile apear across his face when he realised that the Sparks of electricity arcing scross his spear provided brief visibility, not enough to make the floor bearable but it was an interesting side effect of the paralysis enhancement. 

He Walked purposely towards the agreed meeting place, his bald cloak lifting slightly as it caught the stuffy air of the tenth floor. It wasn't long before he had seen the others in the gloom, smiling as he approached them. "Vice commander, good to see you" he said, addressing Opal first. "Mack, Magda, good to see you too" he said with a smile and a friendly nod before setting the but-end of his spear on the ground, standing in a sentry like fashion. "So, who are we waiting for?" 

"We're waiting for me, that's what."

Came the answer to the Obelisk's question.  A swift punch to the shoulder would tell the tank where it was coming from.  Behind them had spawned the Jade Hunter from the warp portal just as Xion spoke.  In his off hand he held the signature torch of his caravan, the Emerald Flame, a green colored flame that draws people closer to it.  The light from it wasn't very significant, but its passive ability was, as anyone that became lost would immediately be drawn to the flame.  A necessary trait for this floor, except for the Night Vision modification.

Standing before his commanding officers, he stood before them before stating:

"Hirru, reporting as ordered."

Edited by Hirru

OOC: Tomorrow night we'll be moving this along from the "Meet Up" in Yomi, I will spawn the Quest NPC and pick up the quest and we'll move out.

"You, sister dearest, are the second to arrive and you will not be tanking this quest. The monsters are too powerful, so you're going to be in a supporting role. I suspect that I will be the primary tank and that Xion will back me up," the Blacksmith replied, opening his inventory as he was speaking to his twin. Scrolling through the menu prompts and screens he checked out all of his items before, finally, coming up with the two items he was looking for. Tapping each of them, a white trimmed crimson hooded cloak, like his appeared in his hands with a glowing golden amulet on top of it. Old items still in his inventory from when he had been the Grandmaster of the independent Crimson Blades guild. "Here," he rumbled, tossing the hooded cloak to Magda. "You're on the guild's assault team now, that mean's you fall under my direct command." Holding up the glowing amulet, Mack tapped it once with his right finger and it resolved itself into the symbol of the Knights of the Blood Oath. "The cloak is the symbol of the Blades, note the reversed red and white colors from the Guild's norm. The amulet is the symbol of the Knights of the Blood Oath, wearing one also marks you as a Blade within the Guild. You must wear the cloak for Strike Team duties, and you must always wear the amulet which also serves as your rank insignia on the strike team. The axe denotes the team commander and the shield denotes the team's second in command, Macradon. Now, gear up."

"A bit early, Vice Commander, but nobody's late... yet," Mack rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest once again as he responded to Opal shortly before Xion made his presence known. Even as Xion was greeting the group Mack was scrolling through his inventory again. "Morning, gear up, this is a Knights of the Blood Oath mission and you're on the Strike Team now," the axe man continued, tossing the cloak in Xion's direction and quickly following it with the amulet. Xion had been through this process before, as the Seneschal of the Crimson Blades, so he knew the drill. "Cloak for official guild functions, which this is, amulet always. I'm now your direct superior officer, Macradon is the team's second in command. Also, you still obey the Vice Commander and Commander." As Xion was gearing up, Hirru appeared in the warp portal and then punched Xion in the shoulder.

"You're early," Mack said by way of greeting Hirru. "Gear up, this is an official guild and Blades function. Once we leave Yomi, you're taking point. I don't want anyone getting lost down here."

A bright flash of light surrounded the dragoon as he was teleported to the 10th floor. As Lawfer looked aroudn the dreary town of Yomi, he couldnt help but miss the bright scenery of the lower floors... "I Swear... there is no good floors past the 8th one." The blue-eyed spearman said to himself as he looked around for his party. HE knew they wouldn't be far off, but was surprised that he could make out the semblance of most of the members of the strike team. Walking towards them, the golden haired man raised his right hand and opened his inventory. Selecting his normal gear, he made one exception. This time he would be using his Bahamut's Tear, doing away with his lucky pants that had treated him so well in his adventures beforehand. He was the active healer of the group now and wanted to make sure that he would be able to handle the task, so he made the investment in his swanky new necklace. He also equipped his crimson cloak, "Well its a good thing that I still have this thing." he commented to himself as he caught up with the group.

Looking around, he had become familiar with just about everyone there, smiling he raised his hand and waved. "Well dont we all look spiffy in our matching clothes." He said with a slight smirk, the sarcasm was apparent. Locking eyes with Magda, he winked. "Hey there Red. How have you been?" Turning his attention to the strike team leader, Mack he smiled. "Big Red, good to see you as well... So we ready to get this thing started?" The Dragoon asked as he changed his gaze to Opal. "Vice Commander Boss Lady. You're looking stunning as usual..." He stopped momentarily, looking out to the vast darkness. "I really hate this place... No natural beauty at all..." 

The only thing Magda could do was frown when Mack revealed that she’d be taking on a supporting role during this little venture. She sighed and slid her hammer back into the loop on her left hip. It would appear that her rival would be serving as Mack’s back up today. She still had a ways to go yet but one da soon she’d be there and would be able to hold her own without the others having to worry over her safety the way they did now. “Do you want me cheering from the sidelines or do you want me to hold on to some potions to the others?” She'd done that very thing when she delved into that dungeon with both Lawfer and the Vice Commander. Her eyes had been closed while she spoke but no sooner had she opened them than a cloak hit her square in the face. “Gah!” The revelation that she was on the guild’s assault team though did brighten her mood so she openly grinned at her twin. She smiled and happily donned the cloak and amulet only to quickly look over when she heard the Vice Commander’s voice.

Magda stared with a wide-eyed gaze. To say the Vice Commander was radiant would have been a grave understatement with the way her body seemed to give off light. A wide grin spread across Magda’s face upon hearing the Vice Commander’s question. “Great to se you too!.” She'd grown to like that silver haired Vice Commander more and more with each encounter. At first she'd been a little jaded with Mack for making her join a guild with him so he could keep an eye on her, but once she'd gotten to know some of the people here she'd come to enjoy being a part of the Knights of the Blood Oath. Her lips parted as she offered the Vice Commander a toothy grin. "You know me, I am always up for a good fight. Especially a good ole fashioned Mob stomping." She took her hammer in hand once more hand held it high to express her point.  Xion was the next to arrive and Magda gave him a warm smile and a brief wave of her hand. “Xion! It’s good to see a fellow tank on this trip.” The man was her designated rival and the funny thing about it was she had yet to actually reveal that to him. It was something she just decided on her own and as if to answer Xion’s question Hirru appeared. He wasn’t someone Magda had met often so she was still hazy on what sort of person he was at least not yet.

When she heard Lawfer call her Red she turned with a wide grin adorned on her face. "Well well, look who it is. Oh you know, I'm great as ever. How've you been?" She quirked an eyebrow when the man said this floor lacked any natural beauty. Magda scooted closer and nudged the blond Dragoon with her elbow. "Present company excluded right, or are you including the Vice Commander and myself in that observation?" She winked at the Dragoon to try and show that she was just joking around.

Edited by Magda

Xion chuckled as he watched Mack throw a Crimson cloak in Magda's face, the blacksmith was gruff as always, his actions reminding he tank of when he and Mack were the leaders of CB. Good times. "Get used to it Magda...he's a stickler for things like this" he said with a smile before another Crimson cloak along with an amulet was thrown at the tank, the man lettin go of his spear momentarily to catch them both. "It's been a while" he said to himself as he equipped the amulet, but decided against the cloak. "Mack I don't know how much the darkness is affecting your vision but I have the usual half cloak on, left shoulder as always. You know that even as Seneshal I basically never wore the full cloak" he said to the giant of a man. 

A few seconds later the Jade hunter answered his question, punching the tank's shoulder as he did l. "Fashionably late Hirru?" He asked with a grin before Lawfer arrived, flirting with the females of the group. "I would be careful around the vice commander Lawfer" he said

"Yes he should, Xion. Or he will find his balls vice gripped and yanked off. Lucky there is no pain in the game," she said with a torturous like smile. She nodded in greeting with Madga as the team presented themselves. The Vice Commander sparkled as the golden halo of light washed over her body illuminating the surrounding area. Unfortunately it would still be difficult to hit things in this low level of light, anything could pop out of anywhere in this darkness.

"Oh! We should steer clear of the Stygian River. The last time I was here a former Floor Boss revealed itself as the Hydra was coming out of that river in a zombie state. So unless we wish to flirt with death...Lawfer..." she said almost exclusively the way he flirted with her as she gave a semi serious glare to him, "Then we should stay away from it all together." Opal folded her arms over her chest and sighed leaning her weight on one foot as she clutched the saya in the middle of its body. Despite what Lawfer said not finding beauty in this darkness, Opal had to disagree. She felt safer in the darkness rather than the light, she was more at home with it. She shuddered for a moment remembering her past and then quickly dismissed the thought. 

I shivered like an antenna that was bent and released as I entered the underground town of Yomi. I had been there once before and boy, it was creepy as hell. Sadly, I was called out there once more on guild business, which meant it was basically mandatory to come. "Damn it Mack..." I growled, hoping I was not the only one creeped out about the whole 'underground undead city' deal. In the shadows it was difficult to see where a group of players might be, but such a feat was no longer required to be achieved, as a beautiful, heavenly female figure expelled an almost holy light, encasing a small group of red cloaked players talking among themselves, some voices being raised. "And I thought the Vice Commander could not become any more angelic." I complimented, before swiftly turning to Mack, not letting my attention linger on the flirt for long. "Please tell me you spared a cloak for me." I requested, putting my fists on my hips as if I were a child begging for money.

It was time again for another adventure and this one happened to be on the floor Seul probably visited the least thus far. Still, with his equipment and stats finally at a comfortable level he was just about ready to fight on the frontlines. After wandering through Yomi for what seemed like an eternity he eventually stumbled across the amassing group of red-cloaked players from his guild. He figured they wouldn't be too frustrated with his obvious tardiness, but one could only hope with these types of things. He wandered over in a casual manner but only to stand toward the back of the group and pretend as if he had been there the entire time.

OOC: Alright, time to kick the tires and light the fires. Posting order is: Mack, Hirru, Lawfer, Magda, Xion, Opal, Grave, Seul. When it rolls to your turn, you have 48 hours to post or you get skipped. Please tag the next person in line with an @ tag, like so @Hirru. Thanks.

"Morning Lawfer," Mack rumbled, returning the greeting of the blonde man who had recently decided to embark on the path of a healing and support player. Definitely not the path that Mack would have chosen for himself, but it was still a worth and useful path. "This is official guild business, though, so a bit more decorum is called for," he continued, lacing his fingers together and cracking his knuckles. "And if you like your head on your shoulders, I would suggest you refrain from hitting on my twin in my presence. That goes for all you jokers," the third-in-command of the Knights of the Blood Oath said, leveling a finger at everyone, including Grave and Seul as they came straggling in.

"No more half cloak either," the leader of the Blades rumbled, producing another full hooded cloak and pitching it in Xion's direction. "Macradon's the second in command of this team, Opal and Heathcliff are our bosses. They like uniformity, as do I. Beyond that, flirting with Opal is safer than flirting with my sister dearest," Mack continued in a low growl, even as he produced matching cloaks and tossed them to Grave and Seul. "Gear up. This is the third time I've attempted this quest. There isn't going to be a fourth time. I'm pushing you all through this, even if it kills you. Luckily, it will bring us nowhere near the Stygian River." Without another word, the taciturn leader spun on his heel and marched off, he already knew where the quest NPC spawned, so it wouldn't be that hard to find the old woman with the exclamation mark over her head.

"Once we pass through the gates of Yomi and out of the safe zone, Hirru will take point. With that torch, he'll make sure no one gets lost so follow the green light. I'll follow behind Hirru and Opal will be the rear guard. The rest of you will fill in somewhere in the middle and here's our Quest NPC," Mack rumbled, breaking away from the group for a moment to speak with the woman and listen to her ramble through her spiel for the third time before reaching out with his finger and tapping the blue accept button. "Alright, Hirru take point and let's move out!"

@Lawfer You're up next.

Following the command of his higher ups, the hunter stood his ground as the forefront of the patrol.  He waited until everyone was in their desired or responsible positions before looking towards the darkness that encompassed the tenth floor.  The eerie silence would be broken by their march, with each foot step sounding like the rumbling of an earthquake.  That is, if they were in step.  The hunter couldn't tell very well, but something about misplaced footsteps would slightly irritate him.  He would have to look into that later, as now as not the time to think on his memories.

Moving slowly through the desolate land, the hunter tried to have his Search skill constantly on, but the darkness made everything fuzzy.  If only he had Night Vision, then this venture wouldn't be as bad.  He would just have to endure for the time being, and continue to march while holding the Emerald Flame where everyone could see it.

[ID: 55767]
[LD: 8-1+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

(OOC: @Magda your turn)

"You know me Red, I'm great as always." the blonde haired spearman replied as he returned a grin. His attention was brought to the vice commander, who had mentioned doing some not so nice things to his man junk.  "Oh Vice Commander... Why do you tease me with such pleasure...." Lawfer replied with sarcasm abundant, followed by his patented wink. "But Ok... I guess i can be serious for a bit."He finished as he looked out into the darkness once more, only to be pulled back by the overbearing voice of the big man known as Mack. The warning was clear, but it was something that the Dragoon just couldn't let go of, he had to push just a little further. "Mack... You know me. I'll treat her good when we are out there today." He commented as he took a half step back and closer to Magda. "Just playing big guy. I have my rules, and hitting on a friends sister is a no fly zone." he commented. THen continued to listen to the rest of the man's spiel. As it concluded he began to march after hirru and his moving caravan. 

THe eerie green lights, allowed for them to keep track of the things in the immediate vicinity, with nothing to note. Lawfer pushed on. Looking back, he could see the bleak outline of Yomi, disappearing in the distance. "Well... This should be a fun time." 

She could hear someone laugh when the cloak hit her in the face and it wasn’t until Xion spoke that she knew who it was. She pulled the cloak down and grinned at her rival. “Oh trust me. I know just how he can be about all this.” She watched him let go of his spear long enough to catch similar items thrown at him by her big oaf of a brother. While he equipped the amulet he chose not to bother with the cloak since he had on a half cloak and proceeded to inform Mack of that. While she didn’t know what the title Seneshal meant she figured it was a higher rank in the guild. Xion chose to to warn Lawfer to be careful around the Vice Commander and she was quick to back that claim up and what she said next even made Magda wince. She grinned at Lawfer’s response. He seemed to have a knack at finding a way to turn any situation into a flirtatious one.

Her brow furrowed when the Vice Commander suggested that they avoid the Sygian River and that she was faced with an undead version of a former floor boss there. Magda looked around and wondered if any other areas were based on mythology. The less than subtle hint she gave Lawfer about flirting with death made Magda grin and her brow relaxed. Grave was the next to arrive and he followed Lawfer’s example and made a more subtle flirt as he commented on her new radiant look. She idly noticed Seul’s arrival but he seemed intent not to say anything. She would have greeted him but Mack chose that moment to inform everyone present not to flirt with Magda in his presence. The redhead turned to look at him with an amused expression plastered all over her face. She silently pondered if that meant he’d given them permission to flirt with her when he wasn’t around but she chose not to say anything on that.

His proclamation that flirting with the Vice Commander was safer than flirting with Magda made her giggle. Mack had always been overly protective and while it was beyond annoying when she was younger she just found it amusing now, especially here. He briefly detailed the formation they’d be taking. Hirru would take point while the Vice Commander to the position of rear guard. Mack would be right behind Hirru with everyone else in between. Magda would linger towards the back of the group so she could see everyone better but not too close to the Vice Commander since that might hinder her ability to effectively fight if she had to worry over Magda’s safety. The thought didn’t appeal to her but she had to be real about her current predicament.

Hirru quickly took point without saying a single word. It gave the appearance that they’d all done this before and worked together well as a team. When Lawfer said this should be fun the redhead chuckled softly. “Oh I'm counting on it Lawfer.”

( @Xion you're up next :) )

( @Opal you're next) 

An audible sigh of frustration could be heard as Xion caught the full cloak, begrudgingly obeying and donning the fancy garment, pulling down The hood so that it didn't obscure his vision in any way, he fiddled with the cloak for a few seconds, he hated wearing the thing in the field, it always got in the way and was unnecessary. "I've always worn the half cloak..." He mumbled, unsure as to whether anyone else could hear him but the blonde tank didn't care, they had a quest to complete. 

As Mack briefed the group on how they were to go about the quest Xion listened intently, chuckling slightly at the odd comment that Mack made but he mostly remained formal and serious, falling into line just behind Hirru, he was a tank and thus wanted to be as close to point as possible. The sound of their footsteps were he only ones that interrupted the eerie silence of the dark floor, the tank almost wanted everyone to keep on talking. The dark wasn't something that he had ever dealt with well. 

"Hopefully this doesn't take long...I hate this place" the blonde mutterred as the Knights marched on. 

ID: 55787
LD: 6+5 -1 = 10
+2 LD [Equipment] +3 LD [S&D] 

( @Seul next, doll.)

Opal had nodded at her post as she watched the group move forward and she fell to the rear watching the guard from the back. She had special equipment on, the ring and treasure seeker costume to help speed the process up a bit to find what they needed for the quest. However, even despite her best efforts, her eyes could only see so far from the radiant light expelling from her body. At least Hirru would be able to see just as well as she could if not better with that green torch bobbing about. But while they had moved forward, it gave the Vice Commander time to think about things and the future. While she had pondered these thoughts, she kept vigilante eyes on the group and any noises that might disturb their pace should any mobs attempt to ambush them. 

Edited by Opal

(OOC: @Mack Tag!)

ID# 55987 | LD: 7 - 1 = 6 (Nothing)

Seul caught the cloak and amulet, placing each one on over his other gear before following after the rest of the group. He couldn't help but think about how cool he must have looked. Hood raised, kitsune mask down, the amulet hanging around his neck, and a few custom pieces of tier two gear underneath. Yeah, he was set. He unsheathed his dagger as they walked, hoping the glow it emitted would serve as a light of sorts, but the action was in vain as the dark remained as strong as before. How were they supposed to find the Banshee's lair if they couldn't even see each other standing only a few feet away? "This quest is butt."

Edited by Seul

@Opal Is next.  48 hours has expired for Macks turn.

[Side note: I think we all know what has just happened, and frankly I want to bring it up.  There is a huge elephant in the room by the actions of our former Vice Commander, Opal.  HOWEVER, that has not happened yet, in this thread.  You WILL treat her as the Vice Commander, and YOU WILL NOT META GAME!  I will not have anyone in this thread, or in any other thread on this site meta game the events of the raid.  I take my roleplaying quite seriously, and my spaghetti expertly cooked.  If Mack, or myself find that anyone is performing such an action, we will personally have you kicked out of this guild and this entire thread scrubbed.  Depending on the events, we may try to have the person suspended from the site for some time.  GOT IT!!  Good, let's continue this quest.]

[ID: 56256][LD: 18-1+3] Banshee's lair found.

The march would continue without any leeway on the location of the Banshee's lair.  Whatever the old woman told Mack was probably a hoax to get us to come out here, but we had a large enough group to make sure that it didn't matter.  Behind him were the strongest members of the team, Opal and Mack.  They could take care of anything that would be too overbearing for any one else in the group.  That being said, most of them were already past the recommendations for tier 2 equipment, so everyone's damage output would be enough to take out a boss mob.

After some traveling, Hirru thought he could see something in the distance.  A cave of sorts, but he wasn't sure.  As they moved closer, he was sure of it.

"I believe we found the Banshee's Lair!"

Edited by Hirru