[PP-F10] A scream in the dark<<Wail of the banshee>>(Manta)

Zandra had been on the lazy side for far to long by now. She had barely done anything except just letting the time pass. She had been in a boss fight thou, where she got the last hit item. It turned out to be a dagger focused on conditions. It would be good if she faced an opponent with very high mitigation. But otherwise her pure damage whip would be better for her. But now there was time to train. She looked thru her quest list to see if there was any she havent done yet. Thats when she spotted the banshee quest."Oh right. I should be able to maje it on my own by now. Lets give it a try." She pushed herslef up from the armchaor she was sitting in and turned off the burning fire. She then left her almost empty closed shop and walked to Snowfrost town. There she entered the warp gate and a few moments later she was at tenth floor. She exited the portal and looked around. It was much darker here and it took a minute for her eyes to get used to the change off light.

Edited by Zandra
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarlet had recently checked through the list of known quests, and cross referenced them with ones that she had done. As it happened there was only one quest that she hadnt completed, and it certainly gave a good amount of SP too. She was confident that she could do it herself, but some company would be nice, especially after what had happened at the last boss fight. She didnt trust many people anymore, which was why she had borrowed this rather large and heavy shield from Ebony to replace her evasion with. It seemed like a ton of mitigation was the only way to truly feel safe. She made her way to the tenth floor, where she proceeded to stand around the teleporter looking for someone who might be up for an adventure.  

Used: T2 Rare Mit Potion (+36 Mit)

HP: 173

Mit: 102 (54 (Equipment)+36 (Potion) +12 (Armor Skill)

Damage: 14

Charge (5)

Rapier (5)

Precision: +1 ACC

Athletics: +1 DMG, +5 HP

Heavy Armor: (3)

Concentration

Equipment:

Rose Guard (Shield): +54 Mit

Ring Thing: +3 ACC

Rapier Thingy: +6 DMG

Edited by Manta Gaul

Thou before she headed out off the town, she spotted a familiar player. Even thru the darkness of floor ten she could see her long red hair. Last time she saw her was at the big spider floor boss. But she remembered before that, quite a long time ago, she was doing a hard quest with her. Back then, Zandra was just a weak healer so she needed some damage to join her for the guardian off fire. They have went thru it pretty easily with her high damage. Now it have been a few months and Zandras damage output had increased significantly. Probably Manta, the girl she now walked toward, had also become stronger."Hello there Manta. What is bringing you here to floor ten?" She asked the red head with a friendly voice.

Scarlet's eyes fell on Zandra, a healer turned damage dealer. The last Manta remembered seeing her was at the boss fight, where she stood out as an incredible damage dealer even though she had been a healer at first. In fact, Manta was pretty sure that Zandra had surpassed her in level, if not damage dealing ability. She felt a bit depressed by that. She didnt understand how some people could get so strong so fast. There had been a time when she had pulled it off, but that time was long past and now she just trudged along getting skill points from boss fights. "Hey Zandra. I was looking for someone to go with me to fight a banshee or something. It's one of the only quests I haven't done." She explained. 

The red haired girl seemed to be here by the same reason as herself. Maybe she could make this on her own, but there was always more fun and safer to have someone accompany her. Well, as off lately with all the player killing, maybe it was safer to go solo. Before Zandra trusted almost anyone she met. Thou that feeling have now shrinked and there was fewer and fewer players she trusted. She did trust the woman infront of her, atleast back then. But they dosent realy have got a close relationship sinse they have barely hang out except that single quest so long time ago. She stood silently, thinking for about half a minute. Then she opened her mouth and started speaking."Well what a coincidence. Thats why Im here as well. Then what you say about teaming up? I think its more fun to do it with a friend then solo, right?" 

Spoiler

Used: T1 Antidote (next status effect ignored)

HP: 176

Energy: 44

Mit: 66 (54 (Equipment)+12 (Armor Skill)

Damage: 13

Charge 4

Whip 5

First aid 5

Heavy Armor 3

Concentration

Survival

Field medic

Equipment:

Dark angel armour (heavy armour): +54 Mit

Handwrap of accuravy (lucky charm): +3 ACC

Whip of the warrior (whip): +6 DMG

Edited by Zandra

Scarlet nodded as Zandra spoke. She had been looking for a partner, and things would certainly be easier if she had some help. She remembered going on a quest with Zandra a long time ago, but couldnt remember if she had enjoyed it or not. It didn't matter very much, skill points were skill points regardless of the company. "That'd be great, i was actually just looking for someone to partner up with." She explained, slipping her shield on with a friendly smile. She was pretty sure that she trusted Zandra, but with the potion she had taken and the shield she now had she felt as though trust wasnt completely necessary. She felt very safe wth all of the mitigation that she had now, and couldnt help but wonder if tanks always felt this at ease knowing that no one could kill them outright.

Edited by Manta Gaul

Zandra was glad she didnt had to do the quest all on her own. Whats even better is that she have someone with her that she know is capable off taking care off oneself. Thou she had to watch her back. There is always the possibility that you going to be betrayed and backstabbed.

"So, Ive herd you first must find and talk to an old lady to accept and start the quest. So we better get started to find her right?" Zandra says and stretch her arms high in the to ease the stiffness.

Scarlet smiled at Zandra. "Yup, I've heard all about this quest from Ebony. You find the old lady and she offers you a ton of col, then you go out and fight the banshee and find out that it's actually her and you dont get the col." She explained, wondering how much of this Zandra already knew. "Sorry, spoilers." She stated before leading the way towards the outskirts of the town. In all likelyhood the hag would be waiting somewhere around there. It seemed like the best place to lure players out of the city after all, and that was really what the banshee was trying to do, at least according to Ebony. 

Manta confirmed Zandras comment about first finding an old lady. Then she went on and spoiled the whole quest for her. She finished with exusing for the spilers. Zandra let out a laugh."Well, usually you warn for spoilers before you spoil. Hehe." Then Manta took the lead towards the outer part off the town. There they should find the old lady offering quite alot of col."Thou no worries. I havent herd the whole story. But I havent been able to avoid a few words about it here and a few words there." She paused before continuing."So, youre a friend of Eb? I know her too. How to you know each others?"

Scarlet glanced over at Zandra as she asked about how she knew Ebony. "I dont remember the specifics, but we met before either of us became frontliners, so i supose it was just chance. Either that or she found me on purpose. Shes a tricky woman, never says what she actually means. I seem to recall her confiding to me that she only became a healer to manipulate people. So she's either a great actor or a lot nicer than she thinks she is. I think we did a quest or two together, and she lent me this shield in case someone tried to player kill me. Evasion is really unreliable both in boss fights and player versus player." She explained as they approached and old lady carrying a rather large sack. Before the woman could say anything Manta spoke up. "Ye, we'll help you out old lady, leave it to us."

Turned out like Manta didnt realy remember how she met the artisan. Except that it was before they became frontliners. Zandra listened to what she had to tell about her healer friend. Zandra smiled when she saw Manta accepting the quest before the old lady have even opened her mouth."I guess you pretty eager to get those skill points, am I right?" She said when they left the old lady behind them."About Eb. I still remember first time I met her. It was in her shop, and she was realy shy back then. Since we had same goal, to become as good supports we are able too. Thou there is only one skill and one mod that is useful for such a goal."

Scarlet smiled back at Zandra. "I had a long period where i wasnt really doing anything and all of a sudden everyone's pulling ahead of me." She explained. "Five more points and ill be done with my damage, twenty more and ill be done with my planned build completely." She expressed excitedly. "I wish the rapier had damage potential like whip and dagger though." She glanced back at Zandra. "I think Ebony started building her mitigation up or something, doing the opposite of what your doing. Personally i think a healer tank hybrid is useless, but she sees something in it I suppose." She expressed, walking out of the settlement and looking around for the place they were supposed to go to, but not seeing it.

ID# 58040 results:

Loot: 14 (Needed: 15+)

Edited by Manta Gaul

Zandra walked by Mantas side and listened to her. The noirette lifted her hands and placed them at the back off her head. Then the subject came into buildtalk."Oh, only five more points? Myself I have thirtynine to max out damage. Except that sneaky mod." She smirked at Manta."So Eb is going for mitigation build? About that I think the mitigation you get from armour and potion is quite enough. Havent taken more then one damage per enemy in the last boss fights with that." She said and knocked at her heavy dark angel armour with a gauntled hand. Giving away a metallic sound. She saw Manta look for something, so she scanned the area as well, but there was nothing in sight.

ID: 58042 LD: 10 :(

Edited by Zandra

Scarlet smiled. "Well, i have some plans for sneak and hide, but that'll take a ton of skill points. Eh, armor and potions is a lot, but you cant be a tank from just that. I use a rapier, so my best sword art is a fourteen times. So I can do 266 damage without buffs. But if I use buffs I can easily kill anyone who isnt a tank, even if ther wearing armor and used a mit potion. I'm just using that as an example, i dont have plans to pk anyone at the moment. However, with the whole thing with Opal who knows who else might be planning to start player killing." She said, shaking her head a little worried. "Plus, if something goes wrong at a boss fight she'll be the last one standing if you catch my drift. As a healer she'll have no hate, plus she'll have a lot of mitigation. So if somnething does go wrong everyone will weaken it and die until shes the last one. I think she's just trying to preserve herself."

ID# 58043 results:

Loot: 9

Edited by Manta Gaul

Zandra listened to Manta when she talked about player killing. She said she wasnt planning on kill anyone at the moment. Did that mean she planning on doing it later. Maybe Manta was planning on killing her. Just wanted someone to help with killing the boss and after that get rid of another player. But no, the little she knew Manta it didnt felt like her style."You probably right. But you said thag rapier didnt had damage potential, isnt it the third strongest single target weapon after whip and dagger? Also its not that much weaker then whip or dagger."

ID: 58141

LD: 1 -.-

Edited by Zandra

Scarlet glanced over at Zandra as she commented on the rapier. "Yeah, it's the third best, but just comparing the sword arts, Rapier has less damage than dagger and whip, but doesnt get anything to make up for it." She explained. "Also im a bit upset at how much i've put into my weapon skills and mods to get more damage but others still do more than me even though my whole build is centered around damage, just because of my weapon."

ID# 58144 results:

Loot: 6

Edited by Manta Gaul

Zandra looked at Manta when complained about her weapon not beeing good enough. Even when she put so much skill points in dealing damage, others still did more damage then her, even if they havent put that much into it. ''Well, thats how it is. Some peoples are better then others, you just have to deal with it.'' Zandra said with a teasing yet friendly voice. She moved her right hand thru her hair and raiused her chin up so she looked like one off those that think they are better then everybody else.

While they walked, Zandra suddenly spotted a building that looked exactly like one off those rundown jail-like buildings. She pointed at it and spoke.''Hey Manta, if Im not mistaken, is that the building?''.

ID: 58192
LD: 15+1=16 (Forgot my familiar +1 LD before. Thou it havent mattered :) )

Edited by Zandra

Scarlet didnt find Zandra's comment amusing, even if it was obvious that it was a joke. The whole rapier sword arts thing was a sore issue for her, especially when a certain level thirty was already dealing more damage than her even though he was ten levels lower. Her whole thing was damage and always had been, but now she wasnt all that special anymore with everyone catching up because they were using weapons with better arts. She looked where Zandra pointed, seeing the prison building where the quest was supposed to take place and end. "Yeah, thats the place." She said, walking towards the building and inside. There were four zombies just standing inside the building, surrounding the banshee, their target. "Ill take the banshee out as it's probably the most dangerous." She charged at the group, sliding between two of the zombies and activating Over Radiation, her blade stabbing into the creature until it burst into crystals.

ID# 58205 results:

Battle: 5-2+4= 7 Hit! 13+5 (charge)x 14 (Over Radiation)= 252 DMG

[H: 1] Scarlet: 173/173 EN: 26/40 (-14)

[H: 0] Zandra: 176/176 EN: 44/44

<Undead Guardian Zombies> is a Field Mini Boss and has the following statistics:

Spoiler

Health: 40 HP
Damage per Attack: 30

+15 Damage Mitigation

<Banshee> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:

Spoiler

Health: -2/250 HP Dead
+2 Evasion

Damage per Attack: 60
Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
-Banshee's Screech: On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn.

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP | Mit: 15

Edited by Manta Gaul

Zandra felt bad when it seemed Manta didnt liked her joke, not at all.''I'm sorry.'' she said and looked at the ground.''It was unneccesary to go that far.'' Why? Why did she do it after all? Of course she wouldnt feel better after such a comment.

When they entered the jail-like building, they got a warm welcome by four undead guardian zombies. Wait, isnt zombies undead? Kind of an dubbel-mentioning. Like saying a round circle. Well, this wasnt the time to think about such stuffs. Manta ordered Zandra to take care about the zombies while she herself took out the fifth mob present, the banshee. After the comment she said before, she didnt cintradict when Manta ordered her to take care off the zombies, even when Manta had access to a stronger area of effect sword art. Zandra knew her own crazy-weak aoe would barely bypass the mitigation. So she focused on the nearest one and....

ID: 58208
BD: 4+3=7 Hit 13+4=17x4=68-15=53 dmg
LD: 19+1=20 +1 material

Scarlet: 173/173 (26/40)
Zandra: 176/176 (40/44)

Edited by Zandra

Scarlet watched as Zandra attacked one of the zombies instead of doing an AOE. That was fine with her, it might be better just to take them out one at a time instead. That way it would mean less damage when they started to attack. She rushed in and sent five stabs into one of the zombies. The other two charged at her clawing but she easily twirled around them, preparing her next sword art. Fighting with a rapier was truly a dance of sorts.

ID# 58209 results:

Battle: 4+4=8 Hit Neutron: 5x13= 65-15= 50

MOB: 3 -4= -1 Miss  Zandra: LD 1-10, Manta: LD 11-20

Loot: 18

Scarlet: 173/173 (22/40)
Zandra: 176/176 (40/44)

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP | Mit: 15

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 40/40 HP | Mit: 15

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 0/40 HP | Mit: 15

<Undead Guardian Zombies> 0/40 HP | Mit: 15

Edited by Manta Gaul