[PP:F9] A Woeful Reunion

The tavern. The dark ruggedness of floor nine. The red head let out a hefty sigh as she openned her menu. Her fingers a blur as she selected the name of her husband, sending him a message before swiping the screens away. Her hand gripped around the tankard on the bar in front of her, lifting it to her lips she takes a deep swig. “Pheonix Town. Huh… Wonder if I’ll see Dom at all. Might make my way round to his shop to see if he’s still in business.” A sharp intake of breath before she slammed the tankard down again. “Another!” She yells at the barkeep, downing that one she looks over at the door. “Tch. Still not here yet.” A few players looked over in her direction, the red head pretending not to notice as she continued to down the drinks.

Not too long after Teayre had glanced at the door did Calrex step inside, dressed in his casual combat clothing. He had not been far from the area, as he had been wandering around the ninth floor for a short period before receiving her message, "I haven't been to this floor in a while. Last time was a quest, but I've also come to visit Dom's shop..."

The memory of one of his comrades being slain immediately came to his mind as he gave a small sigh to push back the depressed emotions stirring. Looking over he saw the redhead with a large mug, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Why do I have the feeling like I'm back in Absolute Pin? Geezes it's been forever since she's drank like that. Not that it really does anything in this world."

Sneaking into the seat beside her the bluenette gave a nod to the barkeep before turning, "Hey there, come here often?"

He felt a smirk form on the sides of his lips as he spoke. Of course he was speaking to his wife, so it wasn't easy to try and keep a straight face when he attempted to try and say something rather ridiculous.

Halfway through yet another tankard before five words sailed into her ears. Turning she saw the stupid grin of her husband mid-quaff, a quick laugh erupted from her lips as she spurted out all the sweet mead in her mouth over Calrex.  “Cal.” Her voice was quiet. Placing her tankard on the bar in front of her she turns away from her husband again. “I… I’m sorry. I’ve…” She couldn’t talk her voice seemed to get stuck in her throat. Her eyes flicked up as the sound of pouring liquid was in front of her. Looking up a golden liquid could be seen flowing into her tankard yet again. Grabbing it before she was done she downed it in one go. “I’m sorry, I’ve not been fair.” Her words again were quiet and oddly well strung together.

As the incoming honey-colored liquid sprayed at him the bluenette quickly closed his eyes. The mead struck him dead on as he felt his hair get pushed back by the force of the stream before it ended, almost as quick as it began. His hair now matted Calrex quickly shook his head a couple of times to help get rid of some of the excess liquid before opening his eyes again, giving a small laugh to himself.

Blinking a few times before raising a hand to wipe off more of the mead he gave a small sigh before letting his calm smile return to his face, "Fair? I have no idea what you're talking about there, unless you mean something like me blasting you with a drink."

Turning back to the bartender he ordered a mug of mead as well, "Not as flustered as she usually is with this, although that's if I don't count the initial part. I wonder if something's on her mind."

"So how have things been? It's certainly been a while."

Stiffling a small giggle as Calrex completely washed away her voice Teayre couldn’t help but cover her face as the warmth spread to her cheeks. “Maybe it’s the drink…” She muttered under her breath, or so she thought. Her eyes flicked back and forth from her husband for a moment before she replied to him. “They’ve been… Moving. I’ve not really don’t much I’ve done some crafting mostly I’ve hidden on various floors in out of the way places.” Teardrops began to roll down her cheeks. “I’m really sorry Callie. I know this can’t have been easy for you. I didn’t mean to… It’s just hard for me to… Yeah…” Her voice faded off as she looked down at the floor between them.

As he listened to his wife speak the bluenette gave a calm nod as he looked over to see the tankard be set in front of him full of the golden elixir. Giving a nod to the barkeep he picked up the container, set it to his lips and downed the entire thing. Setting the mug down he gave a small exhale from the air that had snuck in during his "inhaling" of the drink.

Looking back over at the redhead he gave a smile and gently brushed the back of her head, "It's been hard for the both us, hasn't it? Heh, although I think you've had it rougher trying to find a place to sleep."

Thinking of Teayre constantly on guard out in the fields the bluenette was reminded yet again of the past two raids as his smile vanished for a second, replaced by a expression of concern before giving a quick shake of his head to snap back to his senses. "In any case, let's just enjoy the time we've got now. It's been too long since I last saw you, so we might be a good time to try and catch up."

The air that sharply exhaled from her husband caused Teayre to giggle, as the back of her head was brushed the girl leaned involuntarily towards him. Her head ended up in his the crook of the boy’s shoulder. “Cal.” Her eyes fluttered closed as he spoke she could only smile and nod slowly. “I need to level Cal. I’ve… I’ve done nothing but mope during my time away. My Battojutsu I need to get it higher” Gently Teayre pushes herself up and slides the stool she is sat on back. Grabbing the rest of her tankard she downs the now full vessel before slamming it on the table holding her hand out to the bluenette. “Shall we go train, for old times?"

"Heh, old times? It hasn't been that long."

The bluenette gave a smile as he gave a nod, getting to his feet while gently grasping Teayre's hand, "Guess she'd rather train than sit and chat. Well, at least it's spending time with her. Still...I guess I'd best just let it go for now. If we're going to be training I need to be in game mode."

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket Calrex gave a calming breath, "Sure, let's get some training going. It's certainly been some time since we fought together, so hopefully we haven't gotten rusty, heh."

“It hasn’t been that long.”

Teayre paused looking at her husband. Glaring. “It’s been long enough.” She mutters back to him whilst squeezing back with her hand. “We can talk about what… Whilst we train.” She continues her voice still quiet. Wandering out of Phoenix Town the couple make it to the outskirts looking over at her husband she gently lets go of his hand.

“Cal. I’ve been thinking… I want to-“ Her talking stops she falls quiet for a moment before swallowing. Raising a hand she gestures up to her cursor with her hand. “First though. I want to master my unique. Then take the quest. Will you be there… If- Just in case things…”

As Teayre expressed her plans for the next steps she wished to take Calrex gave a calm nod, "Of course. We should be able to take care of that in no time."

"Especially now that two people that are close to me are now orange players. I could really care less about the whole social status stigma, and more the fact that both Oikawa and Teayre can't enter any of the safe zones, meaning that for the most part they're constantly at risk."

Giving a small glance back at Phoenix Town the bluenette gave a small sigh to himself before turning back to face forward, calmly drawing the Grand Blade in a reverse grip before rolling it over his wrist into a hammer grip position. "Heh, do you even need to ask? Course I'll be there. Somebody's gotta watch your back."

The crimson maiden couldn’t help but blush at her husband’s affirmation. “T-thanks Cal.” Moving closer to him she took his hand for a moment her thumb gently tracing symbols over the back of the blue sheen of the deep aquamarine gauntlets he wore. “Listen, I do want to talk. I know we need to… I’ve…” Pausing the girl takes several deep breaths water forming at the base of her eyes, before rolling down her cheeks coating them with a glossy accent.

***Sorry for short post my mind went blank with it***

Edited by Teayre

OOC: No worries :P

IC:

Calrex followed Teayre's fragmented statement with a smile as he gently put a hand on her head, brushing her hair as he gave a nod, "I understand. Right now we're focusing on getting you stronger right? We can always chat later, just as long as we actually get around to it, heh."

Moving a hand to wipe away some of the falling droplets the bluenette looked up before checking his peripherals. They were, after all, outside of the safe zone. Of course both were more than strong enough to deal with whatever troubles appeared that were from the ninth floor, but the Ultramarine Knight wasn't going to let anything get the drop on them, not if he could do something to prepare for it.

Shivering as her husband’s hand caress her cheek Teayre smiles up at him leaning her head against his chest. Letting out a gasp she falls backwards landing on the floor sliding a short way before stopping, her hair falling over her eyes as she hears several loud clashes. Wiping her hair away from her brow she spots four mobs crowding around Calrex, their weapons digging deep into the man. Cutting his life down. Jumping up her hand flies to her katana as she spots a familiar effect kick into action. Stepping forwards as it finishes Teayre clenches her jaw together her blade slipping out of its sheathe as she charged towards the mobs her own unique activating as she decimated the mobs. The blade sheathing she turns to her partner looking him in the eye. “I think you need to explain things as much as I do.”

Spoiler

ID: 59272 BD: 10 (8 + 4BD) [AOE Activated] CD: 10 LD: 19 (17 + 2LD) MD: 9 (Nat) [+1 DMG]

Party Health
Calrex:
252/252 EN: 63/63 (27*4+4 DMG) [112 DMG – 30 MIT] = 82 DMG. Achilles: 41 DMG
Teayre: 173/173 EN: 31/43 San Ge

Mobs Health
Dark Knight:
-4/180 (45 MIT) [1 DMG From Achilles] AND [ (15+4 Charge * 12) – 45 MIT]=183 DMG
Dark Knight: -4/180 (45 MIT) [1 DMG From Achilles] AND [ (15+4 Charge * 12) – 45 MIT]=183 DMG
Dark Knight: -4/180 (45 MIT) [1 DMG From Achilles] AND [ (15+4 Charge * 12) – 45 MIT]=183 DMG

Loots:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials
(180*5)*4 Col = 3600 Col

Total Loots:
8 x Materials
3600 Col

Edited by Teayre

"Whelp, I guess she was going to find out on this trip sooner or later."

With the quick skirmish promptly ended by his wife's assault, with a small bit of damage reflected back from his own ability, Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked over, "Well, I did say we had a lot of catching up to do right?"

Flipping the Grand Blade over his wrist the bluenette spotted another incoming group of enemies. Releasing a small exhale to steady his focus he readied himself to rush in and strike.

“Well, I did say we had a lot of catching up to do right?” Frowning at him the red head sighs at her partner and husband. “You could of messaged me and told me. Why did he give it to you in the end?” Her fingers gently pressed against her husband’s chest. “Tristan didn’t seem like the type to give up his ultimate tanking unique. He seemed a bit too much of a cocky… Well he was definitely very arrogant.”

A wry smile on her face as she looked up at Calrex, “You didn’t kill him did you?” Her eyes shone slightly as they grew wide, a hand clamping down over her lips as soon as she finished speaking. Slowly she removed her hand from her mouth. “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to…” Squeezing her eyes tightly shut Teayre turns her head away from her husband before reopening her eyes. “What about the rest of the stick brigade?” She murmurs quietly a few tears beginning to roll down her cheeks again.

As he had readied himself to strike Calrex heard, and partially expected, the flurry of questions that came forth from Teayre's mouth. Giving a small sigh the bluenette gently resheathed the Grand Blade II before scanning for a safe place to stop for a bit. The information he was about to give was likely not something that should be on their minds in the heat of battle, "Here follow me. I didn't message you this because this was far too important to do so."

Once they got to the right place he gave a few breaths to steady himself, although the emotions he had kept buried up were starting to make it difficult to keep his calm composure, forcing his fists to start shaking. Eventually he was able to bring the words out.

"Alright, first things first...I didn't kill Tristan. With things that happened in the last raid, I guess that he needed a break, or something. Right before the doors opened he gave me the skill..."

"Well...the reasoning for that is something else..."

"The reason he gave it...was because during the preparations Zelrius and Ssendom...they were both killed. Oikawa struck down Zelrius, and in the confusion Opal took down Dom..., as for the Azure Brigade themselves...it's been disbanded."

As he tilted his head down Calrex could feel his teeth starting to clench. There was much more confusion that he had expected, and things just seemed to continue to become more chaotic, but of course there was one more bit of information he needed to give, "Also...in the floor fight before that, Azide perished to the boss, alongside a low-level that shouldn't have been there in the first place..."

• 1 month later...

The girl stumbled slightly falling to her knees as the words that came from Calrex’s mouth rang in her ears. “Oikawa… Opal… They?” Her mouth moved slowly before turning into a slight grin her lips quickly thinking as “Did they say why? I mean, they must of had a good reason.” Her voice was broken her eyes flicking around. “Azide? Him as well…”  Sitting down the red headed girl put her palm to her forehead shaking her head slightly before bursting into laughter. The laughter had an edge to it, something wasn’t right it wasn’t the crimson maiden’s usual laugh. “You know Callie, If they died… It is a shame, but they were either too eager or too weak. They became over confident and cocky. It is a shame though, I was fond of Azide”

Edited by Teayre

A look of worry crossed the bluenette’s face as he listened to Teayre’s response. There was certainly something wrong. Something may or may not have happened during their time apart, but the reaction that his wife had just given, wasn’t one that he would have fully expected. Speaking of weakness or arrogance, as if it was a justification for their deaths, it seemed to break the mold he had come to know the redhead for, the person he had fallen in love with. Even when she was coping with the murder of her father at her own hands, she intuitively knew it was still taking a life, and an act that had its consequences. In fact it was the very reason she had yet to take the Redemption quest and return her crystal back to green.

Did she make any progress coming to terms with what happened while we were apart? She never once messaged me...and all that time alone and under threat. The way she’s talking now…

A part of him wanted to strike out, to try and snap her back to her senses, but most of him suppressed the sensation as he felt his right hand clench so tight in his jacket pocket it seemed like he could strike through a concrete wall without effort. He gave a small exhale to himself, as if to pass it off as mere combat tension before continuing, “I honestly don’t know what’s happening with the frontlines right now. I managed to speak with Oikawa after the battle was over. Even without Zelrius and Dom, we managed to pull through and unlock the next floor, with me serving as the main tank in Tristan’s absence. It turns out that he had previously consumed a potion from Opal that was supposed to calm his nerves while boosting his strength. I guess that he had his own trifles with the Brigade commandant.”

“However...it seems Opal herself has found out how to manipulate people’s emotions with potions, just like how Mari did. That concoction apparently only amplified Oikawa’s anger, resulting in the attack. Right after Opal struck down Dom, she announced some group called Laughing Coffin. My only guess is that it’s a guild of malicious PKers, once that are more like serial killers than protectors. I have yet to find out anything more about their whereabouts, but my guess is that their presence is going to become more prominent soon.”

The tension in his mind wanted him to release by striking something. A tree, an enemy, but he managed to keep it contained. He always had his own problems with striking someone down in cold blood, but it seemed with every turn everyone in the game would prefer to kill than avoid or outwit. It was a barbaric type of logic that he had yet to be able to wrap his head around.

Placing a hand over his face, feeling the fingers tightening around the ridges of his facial features as if to crush whatever was in its grasp, he collected his thoughts before continuing, “In any case, the frontlines took a significant hit with the loss of three players, but it seems our pace has yet to stop. Takao and Mack seem to be leading the charge now.”

With a final sigh he relaxed his shoulders, “Too much of this type of thing seems to be becoming common now, and even with the Knights of the Blood trying to enforce some kind of order, it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be enough. Something else, an idea I’ve spoken with Oikawa about, has come into my mind…”

With his thought joining with his words the bluenette could feel the resolve and courage return back to him as he looked forward again. His eyes seemed fiercer, driven, but not as if he was staring down a target to eliminate. It was a look, as a warrior would look to his kin, a guardian to his charge, “I’m going to make the Spectrum Coalition official. The guilds of now may possess some military might, but no substance, nothing that will bring this madness to an end. Enforcement of anti-player killing is nothing better than a fevered dream, so I’m hoping that we can change the status quo by example. Welcome people into the ranks on trust, not acclaim. Unite this community in bonds, not strength.”

The look of worry that crossed her husband’s face caused Teayre’s back to stiffen. Listening to his words the bitterness, the rage within them was evident to the girl. She’d been with him long enough now to see past him shrugging things off. Her eyes closing she nods as she listens to his speech. “Does he really want to make Spectrum official. I mean there’s no problem if he does. Just it we need to be careful.” Meeting her husband’s eyes once he finished she tucks a stray bit of hair behind her ear. “That’s good at least things will keep moving if those two are leading it.”

Shifting slightly Teayre brings her knees up resting her hands on top of them. Her chin sitting on the backs of her hands. “PKing will happen regardless. Heh.” She chuckles. “You’re right though. We need to show people we can be trusted… You need to show them how to handle player killers.” Her voice trailed off into a whisper. Her fingers rapping on the muramasa’s hilt. “I’m sorry.”

Her eyes gazed into the distance behind her husband. “What do you think of this floor? This lovely fire like, hell ridden floor Cal?” mumbling, with no real effort behind her words. She seemed distracted. “With SC, how were you planning on having it run? One person in charge? A Council? Group decisions?” Her hands tightened on her knees before the girl stood. “Strength is what will… Strength is what will clear this game Calnus. IT IS WHAT WILL LET US SEE EACH OTHER FOR REAL.”

Laughing now she runs a hand through Calrex’s hair before cupping his chin low. Leaning in for a kiss she speaks again. “I want to see you. Do whatever it takes.” Gently flicking his chin with her finger the red head pulls away. “My beloved Hevrex. Isn’t our bond what fuels our strength? Isn’t the bond itself is strength?”

With the initial frustration out of him Calrex felt a surge of control and relief pass over him as he heard his wife respond. He couldn’t tell exactly what was passing through her mind, but in some ways it seemed she wasn’t completely focused on the topic at hand. Of course, he already knew from past experience that Teayre processed tragedy, especially delivered second hand, a little more colder than if she bore witness to it. Opening his mouth he began his replies to her, “Honestly, I believe at best the Spectrum Coalition will have representatives, not positions of power. We’ve been around long enough to see the rise and fall of many guilds, each of which tried to hold each other together through authority or command. I don’t wish to see SC follow that path. At best, we’ll have people that will fill the rolled needed to complete what we hope to accomplish with the guild. As I’ve told Oikawa, this guild will be more than any guild in the past, not simply brought together in strength or held together in a family-like form.”

As he felt his wife lightly kiss him on the lips and trace the shape of his jaw with her finger he gave the usual calm, yet warm smile he had shown her countless times in the past, “You’re definitely right, in that our bond is what gives us strength. However, with all that’s happened, I’ve also realized something more. Strength alone, and the pursuit of strength for the sole purpose of being strong, will not see us to the end, not in a way I would consider a victory. We’ve both dabbled in the martial arts, and as such we both know: A fist without guidance will cause nothing but harm to everyone it comes in contact with. It is true that we can simply push through with brute strength, but what victory is that, if we escape this game while losing our minds in the process. If the entire community of SAO becomes incapable of reincorporating into society, I would consider that a complete and utter failure…”

Looking down at his sword hand he felt it tighten in resolve as his brows narrowed, “I’m not going to let that happen. The time for observing and soft pushes in the right direction are over. If we don’t take action, I fear that we will lose everyone we care about in the process.”

ID: 62178

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (No Sub Dungeon Found / Materials Found)

1 Material