[PP:F9] A Woeful Reunion

“More than any guild in the past?” Teayre almost laughed at her husband. “Calrex I’m sorry but rarely has any guild stood at their pinnacle for more than a handful of months. Square One, Azure Brigade, Absolute Pin, Azure Brigade Remade, Knights of Christ, Crimson Blades. All of them. Each one only lasted a handful of months. I’m not including Amethyst Descent, that guild was a failure in itself.” Her lips go thing as she lets out a heavy sigh. “I agree with what you’re doing, however we need to look at the bonds within the guild to give the guild it’s strength. Not just the strength to clear this game. The strength to –survive- within this wonderful little paradise that Kayaba has trapped us in.”

Leaning in the girl presses her head to his chest. “I would consider that a complete and utter failure…” Her arms wrapped around his waist tightly squeezing. “You’re never a failure. Understand that Calrex. To me you are someone whom I can’t forget how wonderful they simply are. I’ve grown so much since we’ve been together.” Pausing for a moment the red head lets go stepping back. “You’re right Callie-kun… You’re always right. Although… Everyone needs a wake-up call. I know I’ve been in hiding but I swear to you I’m doing what I can to come to terms. Give it a few more months.” Taking a few deep breaths Teayre reaches up to her husband’s face gently cupping it. “I want to go on my own redemption before I take the quest okay? Prove to myself that I deserve to be green.”  

Turning Teayre heads towards a nearby outcropping of rocks. Her hand pressing against several pieces of it eventually hitting a smaller pebble sinking into the ground and a light shining from within the rock. Opening up to a dungeon. Her head ducking as she steps inside Drawing the Muramasa, smiling. Turning around to look for her husband she spots the entrance had sealed itself for her. "So it's an advanced one then."

ID: 62179 BD: 9 (Nat) [AOE Activated] CD: 12 LD: 22 (20 + 2LD) MD: 5

Advanced Dungeon Found

Edited by Teayre

The bluenette gave a small sigh to himself as he listened to his wife’s reply and thought, “Well she’s certainly not wrong. None of the guild have lasted for very long. I guess that means we’ll have to work that hard to make this guild work. However...in some ways the Spectrum Coalition as an official guild shouldn’t even be needed. Working together to get out of this game, and setting differences aside, that should be common sense. Yet why do I have a feeling that common sense is becoming more of a super power mutation than anything else.

“Yeah, we’ve been together to witness the rise and fall of many guilds. It may seem foolish to think that the Spectrum Coalition will be any different. However, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t worth trying. Even if in the end the guild in an official form may fade, my main goal is to bring the community of SAO back together. That’s what the coalition is, a representation of what the frontlines, and the Aincrad community in general, should be. Bonded together by a common goal and a trust in another.”

Listening to Teayre speak about how she wanted to prepare herself for the actual <<Redemption>> quest, giving a nod, “If I were honest, I’m on the exact same wavelength, whether it be you, Oikawa, or anyone else. Killing someone and simply taking Redemption after feels like a cop out, an easy way to scrub yourself clean. If an orange player doesn’t come to terms with what they’ve done, whether out of defense or otherwise, then no number of retakes on that quest will solve the actual issue. Just know that once you are ready you will have my help. More than that, you’ve got more than just a handful of people willing to help you. We’ve many many companions in this journey, so we can always keep in mind we can lean on them when the burdens we carry become too much to bear.”

It seemed their conversation was cut short as his wife dashed off at another discovered dungeon. Calrex gave a small sigh as he followed after, "At least wrap up the conversation. Geeze..."

Entering into the sub-dungeon the bluenette gave a small sigh as he reached back, grasping the hilt of his sword, ripping it from its sheath as the blade lock strained for a second, producing a screeching sound for a second like nails on a chalkboard. His eyes focused in front of them he gave a nod to Tearye before taking point.

"I think I'm finally starting to get tired of these sub-dungeon grinds. Let's get this over with and finish that talk..."

ID: 62180
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 57 Remaining)

As the first set of creatures needed to clear the dungeon appeared he immediately rushed forward, like clockwork as he shot forward with his <<Charge>> skill. His sword was kept low as it lit alight with his <<Vertical Square>> Sword Art as he made a single 360 rotation, cutting through all four of the lava-seeping rock creatures. The afterimage of a square standing up on one side seemed to be lagged, since right as each strike hit the creatures the bluenette exited the group before confirming the kills. With his past experience with the creatures of the floor, he already knew that he had eliminated them right when his sword connected with their avatar.

"For being a supposedly tough dungeon this looks to be nothing to waste stronger skills on. Let's get through these guys and get to the boss."

Calrex: 265/265
   Energy: 57/65 (-8)
Teayre: ???/???
   Energy: ??/??

Molten Golem: 0/36 (13+4+2 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 67 DMG)
Molten Golem 2: 0/36 (13+4+2 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 67 DMG)
Molten Golem 3: 0/36 (13+4+2 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 67 DMG)
Molten Golem 4: 0/36 (13+4+2 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 67 DMG)
MIT: 9

Nodding she looks at er husband, “I’m going to do one last thing as a pker Cal. I need to. Then I will work on my redemption okay?” Her eyes started to glisten Teayre turned away wiping them on the back of her sleeves, drying them. “Let me know what badges you need for Spectrum. If there’s some small way I can help, I want to.” Letting out a small sigh she draws her blade, drawing it over her hand slowly. The girl’s health bar dropping a short way. “On this blood Calrex. On this blood I swear I’ll help redeem myself. Once the next boss is over. Now shall we go find the boss of this dungeon? We may as well do some training whilst we’re here. Or at least pretend to with how easy this is."

“You are right we have had many companions in this journey, none more so than each other. Then Oikawa is probably the next person. Our third wheel.” She chuckled, “Do you remember when we went clothes shopping on floor one? That was a good time… Definitely a much more innocent time when we weren’t plagued by the politics of the frontlines.” The red headed girl gave a short laugh before turning to her husband. “We’ve finally talked, okay? I’m sorry it took so long, I know it’s been worrying you.” Her voice soft and gentle, “I’ll start my own form of redemption soon okay?” As she spoke Teayre shot forwards her blade unsheathing at the same time. Cutting deep into the mobs the girl smiles. “Four down. Seven to go. Let’s keep this moving quickly Callie. It shouldn’t take too long hopefully.”

Spoiler

ID:  62181 BD: 10 (Nat) Batto AOE Activated CD: 6 LD: 9 (7 + 2 LD) MD: 5 (8 – 3 EVA)

Teayre: 173/173 EN: 40/43 SA: Hi Ougi Used [3 Energy]
Calrex: 252/252 EN: 57/63

Dark Squire: -18/36 – (15 + 4 Charge + 2 Crit) * 3 – 63 DMG

8/15 Mobs Killed.

No Loot dropped.

Total Loots:
8 x Materials
3600 Col

Edited by Teayre

With a small sigh Calrex closed his eyes, collecting himself as he returned back to his calm self, giving a smile and a nod, “Of course. Also I would suggest keeping that self-harm thing to yourself. It’s already bad enough we’ve got a bunch of sadists around, don’t need to be worrying about masochists as well, heh…”

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket the bluenette gave a nod, “Of course, I’ve already talked about it with Oikawa, and he’s on board with the idea. I think he’s also kind of become fed up with the way things are, and hopefully with all of us working together in the light we might finally be able to make some change, even if it’s just a little bit.”

Upon hearing mention of their time before becoming frontliners the bluenette felt a small longing inside him, a time back before he felt the weight of carrying everyone’s hopes of escaping the game on his shoulders. Back when there was no expectations of him. Back then, those times were simpler, and he had yet to know the full meaning of being a member of the floor raids. The risk, and the responsibility that comes with the position, “No, I haven’t forgotten, and there are still days that I miss those simpler times. Back when all of us adventured for the sake of adventuring, rather than forcing ourselves to become stronger simply to avoid slowing everyone down.”

Closing his eyes he could to some level see the happier times back before he was widely known among the player community, back when survival mattered less. Back then the threat of malevolent player-killers and monsters was still present, but not as prevalent as now, “Nonetheless, that was then. I think that until we make it out of this game, those simpler times may never return…

ID: 62195
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Materials Found
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 50 Remaining) 

With another wave of golems closing in Calrex quickly directed his attention towards them before rushing forward, blade already prepared for another <<Vertical Square>>. He narrowly dodged a strike from each of the creatures as his Grand Blade II ripped through them, tracing the shape of a square in the air once again before he continued moving, the creatures bursting into crystals. As the reward screen appeared in front of him reflexively he dismissed it, continuing his pace, "Another four down. We should only have a few more to go before we unlock the boss room. How're you holding up on energy?"

Loot List:
4 Materials

Energy: 50/65 (-8+1)
Teayre: 173/173
   Energy: 40/43

Molten Golem 5: 0/36 (13+4 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 59 DMG)
Molten Golem 6: 0/36 (13+4 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 59 DMG)
Molten Golem 7: 0/36 (13+4 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 59 DMG)
Molten Golem 8: 0/36 (13+4 DMG * 4 Art - 9 MIT = 59 DMG)

The girl glanced over at her husband as he spoke. “Simpler times. Yeah they certainly were. We didn’t need to worry about the frontlines. Lived in fear of Mari.” Teayre paused for a moment quietly “I remember hearing a rumour that she killed her own daughter.” She followed up with as a room ahead of them came into the clear. Three golems stood in front of them this time. The boss standing tall behind them. “Looks like they all came together. Without hesitating Teayre shot forwards her charge skill activating. Beginning a flurry of slices that radiated out, her sword art San Ge taking effect. Jumping backwards she skids to a half next to her husband. “You’re up Cal.” She says before flicking the muramasa to the side and then sheathing it.

ID: 62237 BD: 10 [+2 DMG, Batto AoE Activated] CD: 4 LD: 1 MD: 1 (2- 3 eva)

Energy: 50/65 (-8+1)
   Energy: 29/43 (-12 +1) San Ge Used

Molten Golem 9: 0/36 (15 + 4 Charge + 2 Crit) * 12 = 252 DMG
Molten Golem 10: 0/36 AOE
Molten Golem 11: 0/36 AOE

Molten Titan: 378/630 – AOE’d

15/15 Mobs Killed

No Loot Dropped

Edited by Teayre

ID: 62195
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 40 Remaining) 

"Guess that's nice, wrapping this dungeon up in a little package, huh."

His eyes locking on to the boss as the three remaining monsters in front of him burst into crystals Calrex rushed forward, accelerating with his <<Charge>> skill, rocketing forward as he slammed full force into the titan's abdomen. Upon impact the Grand Blade lit alight, shining with the golden glow of his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art, the radiant blade cutting through the creature's hard rocky exterior before the bluenette leapt upwards, coming down with a fierce helm strike as he split the creature's dome, landing behind it, "All yours Tea. Finish it off and let's get out of here."

"With the amount of damage she can do, there's no way this creature will survive if she scores a hit."

Flicking his blade to the side Calrex reversed his grip on the sword, sliding it back into its sheath up until just before the blade lock would engage, waiting for the familiar sound of a creature's destruction.

"All of these movements in fighting, not even having to worry about positioning or anything, it's starting to become just like clockwork. There's no finesse, no grace in any of our techniques anymore. The same series of attacks, over and over again..."

Energy: 40/65 (-11+1)
   Energy: 40/43

Molten Titan: 180/630 (13+4+1 DMG * 11 Art = 198 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Teayre watched her husband walk up to it his blade striking as he leapt upwards. A smirk on her face as she looked at the mob with contempt. “I guess I would feel sorry for you. But you’re worth the xp to level up.” Her smirk turned into a full on Grin as the red head darted in. Her blade glowing bright red as the sword art took hold. Multiple fast strikes against the one target. Using her blade as leverage Teayre moved up the titan before spinning and end the boss with a single vertical chop.

Landing on her feet she sheathes her blade before walking over to her husband pressing her head into his back between his shoulders. “Cal. I love you. Don’t forget that.” The dungeon shimmered for a moment as it lost its light signalling that it had been cleared. “I’ll pm you soon enough for redemption. It’ll be within a week I promise.”

ID: 62239 BD: 7 (2 + 4 ACC + 1 Concentration) CD: 8 LD: 1 MD: 9 [Nat] – Boss is Stunned

Energy: 40/65
   Energy: 18/43 (-12 +1) San Ge Used

Molten Titan: 0/630 (15 * 12) = 180 DMG

Edited by Teayre

Thread Complete

Dungeon Rewards:
3 SP
6 Materials
(Floor 9 + LD 19) * 100 = 2800 Col

ID: 62240 LD: 19