Lyrica Fight Feedback

Guys and Gals, I know we still have that fight and thread ongoing and you don't know all the fabulous glittering rewards you'll get (you'll like them, I think). But, I thought I'd go ahead and start soliciting feedback on the thread now.

What's gone well?

What's gone poorly?

Could anything stand to be fixed?

Guess I don't mind making the first second response :D

What's gone well so far (in my opinion):

• Whole lower tier community getting involved. Its always nice to see something which everyone can get involved in.
  • Very good story and RP, a lot of people are clearly putting the effort in. Also the boss is awesome too.
  • Good learning curve. Like earlier a lot of people have made a few mistakes, in doing this its cleared certain rules up.
  • Not gone slow. Honestly thought this would take a long time to cycle through, yet everyone has posted within the time limit, most (myself not included - I took 9 D:) have done it within a few hours.

What's gone poorly so far (in my opinion):

• Other than the fact a few mistakes have been made, I don't have any comments here.

Could anything stand to be fixed (this is for future events + I currently know this one is not finished, so this is just based on what I have seen):

• Difficulty level - I understand this must be hard to calculate with such a variety in levels, however I feel like it is a bit to easy. All wolves seem to be targeting a single tank which is fine but I feel like there needs to be more of a risk factor, instead of just an event for everyone to pick up some loot on the way.

Honestly though, great work to everyone (especially Lyrica). I can't wait for more, thanks PST!

As my first boss ever I'd say this is pretty sweet! I can't really give my full feedback as the boss is still alive, so surprise mechanics and rewards are outside my reality :P

That said the boss's responses are interesting and colorful, things have been going along fast, and it didn't die before it became my turn! That was really my biggest worry, that I wouldn't get a hit in on the monsters since I was (reasonably) put near the back row. As this is a PUG I can't expect complex strategy ideas like maybe the waves of wolves are focused on a target in the 'main' party and would tear them a new one if the 'sub' party doesn't focus them down like in a proper MMO, but that doesn't stop me from being a greedy guts and wanting it anyhow!

The only thing I'd fix is that Lyrica-Senpai isn't telling me how delicious I look/am.

What's gone well: 

- first of all the event has succeeded in bringing together the lower level community which is a good thing

- it has served as an effective introduction to how raid-like boss fights are conducted (even I didn't bloody know) 

- the fight so far has been fun and the pacing is enjoyable : ) 

Now onto the negatives. 

- My one criticism is the fact that there is a lack of challenge. Now this may be because of the fact that A) I have one of the larger health pools in the raid. And B) I have the highest MIT along with a couple of other players. But I don't feel scared...at all. I've been focused the entire time and now I'm facing, how many, like 10? Different mobs yet they pose little threat to me despite having been focused on for the entire raid so far. I would like to say that this may be because of how tanky I am and a situation like this may be scary to someone whose defences aren't like mine but still, I would like more of a challenge. 

So, let me make sure I understand what you all want fixed.

1. You'd like to see the minions (White Wolves, in this case) employ a diverse hatred mechanic to attack more than one player, but to protect the lower-level players you'll need more tanks.

2a. You want the challenge increased. That can be arranged as well, but you'll need more tanks then if you want to be able to adequately protect the low-level players who won't be able to sufficiently tank higher levels of damage. Case in point, to really "scare" Xion I'd need to make something that could hit for 65-85 DMG per attack. That kind of power could reduce most low-level players to ashes in a single hit.

2b. The MIT can also be raised, but the truth is that a lot of players were only hitting Lyrica for 1-2 DMG per attack (outside of a few notable exceptions... looking at you @Hydra :p). I can also bump and fiddle with other stats like ACC, EVA, etc.

2c. The other thing to be aware of, with bumping the difficulty is that support players at lower-levels don't offer the same kind of healing support. The amount of healing a low-level support player can do is a lot different than what, for example, @Ebony can do with her healing. Take that into account.

2d. I'm happy to bump the challenge, but I don't want people getting salty when they die.

3. Better clarification on the rules for stat reporting and that kind of thing. I'm working on addressing this in the site guide edit/revamp. Also, I will be more clear in the future about how things are run for these types of events. I'm quite willing to accept a portion of the blame for not being clear from the get go.

My overall reaction to most of 2 is that there is a very fine line in MMO between "Hey, what strategy do you recommend for this dungeon?" New Player and "Uh, which button opens my inventory?" New Player.

I get that these events are to help new players, buuuut that doesn't mean that a level 3 player in basic gear shouldn't die due to 'fairness' in my eyes. There certainly should be a level of leniency I suppose, but not to the point -anybody- can take part without the very real threat of being useless or killed. I say this as a low level player who, without the armor I am wearing, would probably die in one or two hits.

If you aren't ready for a raid boss, that's your fault man, buy a potion xD It's stated outright in the opening post that death is a possibility. They've been warned. The only thing I'd suggest is a recommended minimum level for these things. Not enforced, but suggested.

As a side note though, speaking as a guy with a +3 damage weapon AND using a +2 damage boost potion at a low level, I am not sure mitigation needs to be raised. At that point people less prepared than me would really have trouble scratching the boss... I didn't let it be a handicap though, I aoe'd the mitigationless wolves so I was useful to my maximum, even if I am a touch weak with my rank 1 SAs. If I had Rank 2 I might have gone after Lyrica, but odds are I would have AOEd anyways since I'd do more damage overall that way. That's just me and my opinion though~! Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that I feel the mitigation needs to be within reasonable damaging range of a player with only rank 2 sword arts, due to the usage limitation (if not damage limitation) for in case a high level player doesn't join for some reason, basically.

I would say, while being geared towards "low levels", 1-25 (plus 2 players levels 25-40) is a very broad range. I would be interested to see these events set up for more limited level ranges, if there are enough interested players in each range to warrant it. This could make balancing a little easier on the event creators--I agree it would be very nice to have a sense of danger for your tanks while not being able to one-shot the majority of the raid at that damage level.

For example, I would be happy to see level 1-10, 15-20, etc., events to keep the numbers evenly balanced and keep the fight fun for everyone involved. Hopefully something like that could work, but it's just a thought!

My initial thought was for the lower-level players to work on clearing wolves while the harder hitters went after Lyrica. It didn't quite work out that way, that's fine, but I should have made Lyrica herself a bit stronger in terms of her stats.

This one was also a bit of a live beta test, I will be taking these comments into account for balancing the next one which will work on slightly different mechanics. I'll also fiddle with the rules of engagement on the next one too.

I agree with Asteria. I think a range for lower levels would be a good idea, and limit the further the higher tiered players. I get that people like Xion want to have a bit of a challenge, so give something tailored to higher levels like Xion, while giving lower leveled players something tailored to them. I am level 15. So something tailored for lvls 11-16 would be a good thing and give us all a bit of challenge, with a similar risk of death if not done properly, and so forth.

But with that said, I as a lvl 15 am enjoying the Lyrica thread. I dealt killing blows to 5 wolves, watched Hydra strike Lyrica down after a bunch of us got hits on her, and am now cleaning up with the rest. I think it went well. What needs to be remembered is these are mini boss events to get us leveled up a bit quicker so we can begin to participate in Higher leveled content like intermediate floor quests, front lines boss fights, etc. They themselves shouldn't be an equivalent to a front line boss fight. They should be well built and scaled for us to have a bigger chance of success, with little casualties. Stepping stones and what not.