Alchemist special skill

Like the cook have their feast, I thougth about other prof should have special mecanics as well. For alchemist:

Spend an uncommon potion/crystal and turn it into a rare by using an uncommon dice roll. And spend a rare potion/crystal to get a perfect by using a rare dice roll.

Whats your opinion about this?

Hm.. I'm not entirely sure about that.. so basically you're spending to get a better item? Feast doesn't lost items. it only gains more buffs. How about this..

With each potion created, there's a chance for an extra tonic made. I'm thinking with an 15+ LD roll along with whatever the CD roll is.

So say for example... CD: 12 LD: 18 It would produce 2 perfect items. CD: 7 LD: 15 would produce 2 Good items. CD: 11 LD: 10 would only produce 1 rare item.

Ofcourse... I'd say this should be a higher ranking skill.. so I'm thinking maybe rank 8 or 7. So you'd have it by now @Zandra. :o

Edited by Rain

I dont mean it should be like feast. I meant it to be something useful. If not yet but at least later you gonna have tons of uncommons but most off the time just a few if any at all perfects. This is a way to get rid off them but still beeing useful. :)

While Good items are unfortunately still useless besides fluff, if any Merchants still exist any Uncommon/Rares can be sold to them as junk items. With the usefulness of col being...questionable, it's not the best solution but the option is there. Just something I wanted to throw out on that point.

For making Alchemists more efficient, I would like to see consumables in general be crafted in stacks (one craft attempt gets you two or three of the same item), simply because they take the same amount of materials as permanent items, yet only give a temporary buff. This is similar to what Rain initially suggested. This would also make those Perfect crafts more worthwhile since it would award more than one item.

As far as making Alchemists more interesting, I'm not sure if I love the idea of Alchemist Appraisals (what I compare Zandra's proposal to), but they could use something. I don't have any good counter-proposals, so that's all my opinion. :P

As a Merchant I'mma just slide on in here and say that Alchemy is nice in that you can use your goods for cosmetic effects or RP items that effect you in ways outside of stats! Change the color of your hair, hallucinations, take on the form of an orc for an hour, stupid stuff like that!

The limit on alchemy good items more or less falls on the creativity of the crafter~! Think of it like magic potions like the kind that'll turn the prince into a frog!! :D I never thought about it before but I wonder why I can't appraise a lot of stuff, just weapons and armor, like artisan items for example. A merchant checking out a diamond ring makes sense to meeeee!

Staying on topic though, I will say the idea doesn't seem insane to me. You could call it 'experimentation' or "transmutation' so that you are actually mixing the contents and adding ingredients (ICly) to try and make it into something better, but with the chance to fail and make it just blow up in your face with smoke!