[PP-F1] When Wandering Souls Collide

In his normal fashion, the wanderer wanders into to the 1st floor's Town of Beginnings. It's been some time since he was last here and he wanted to explore it again. See what's news in town and see what old stores had stayed. Looking around, the sky was still the same, the streets smelled and felt the same. The one thing that didn't stay the same were the shops. Some either moved to a different floor or new players brought up their own shops. 

After wandering the streets for a bit, the group of people catches the wanderer's eyes. Normally he tries to stray away from people, but something just drew the wanderer to them.

Edited by Rain

Hakai sat against a wall, a crowd of people surrounding her as she spoke gesturing with her hands and showing off the dangerous looking claws attatched to them. "And then I charged the tigress, and slammed my claws into its chest. Almost as soon as I did so the places where I attacked started to bubble and turn green rather than the normal red. I tell you, there are so many undiscovered status effects in this game. Its a build that everyone is ignoring. Do you know how I finished the beast off? I danced around it until it died. I barely even did anything." She stated dramatically, some of the group nodding while some other walked off muttering about how she was completely making this up. She smirked. They could say what they wanted, it didnt change the truth.

For a while now Jazmyne had been watching a player, one that she found out went by the name "Hakai", boast about her extraordinary accomplishments and spectacular skills. Envy flooded Jazmyne's entire being yet she remained calm and composed as always. Once she got out in those fields and drew her whip then there wouldn't be a single story that any player in Sword Art Online would wanna miss as long as it was told by "the great Jazmyne". Flipping long, brown hair, the teenage girl rolled her chocolate eyes before speaking.

"Is that even true? Sounds pretty fake to me."

Quiet chatter began in the crowd around her as Jazmyne stared Hakai down. Jazmyne didn't know the truth but she hated lies and wanted to know exactly what was going on here. Stories of combat couldn't possibly be this interesting. Right? She'd gotten bored too soon and quickly found herself starting an unneeded situation where possible argument could arise.

Typical Jazmyne.

Though she had been keeping her eyes on Hakai, Jazmyne noticed an unnoticed male walking rather closely to the small group, nodding her head in his direction as a sort of welcoming. "Hey, you." She called out to the approaching stranger. "Do you think this girl is a fake?"

Edited by Jazmyne

"Personally, I prefer raw damage, but the way you fight still works. It's somewhat of nuisance though, and pretty time consuming. With my way you can get that fight over and down with and move on to the next one quickly," the wanderer called out to both women who seem to be close to starting an argument. As he got closer, he unsheathed Bakuzan, a long black bladed Katana, to show-off. He gently pointed the blade towards the ground in from of him and used it as a cane. Preferably, he doesn't want to watch two people argue, even more so be included in the argument. But, someone called him out, so he had to stay calm and keep the peace. "But still... Bleed and poison damage bypasses mitigation easily which is great, but will only proc sometimes. You're gonna need to be able to last awhile in the fight."

Edited by Rain

Hakai smirked, raising her claws. "Bleed and poison are nice and all, but they really arent all that strong. What you really need are demonic enhancements, like blight and envenom. Thats what my claws here have." Hakai bragged, showing off her demonic item. It probably wasnt the best idea, as she only knew if two other people in the entire game who had demonics, and this would make her a target, but when someone tried to call her a fake she couldnt help it. "And its not like staus effects keep me from dealing straight damage either." She shot back at him. The woman was the one who had started this argument, but it was this man who was trying to sound like he knew what he was talking about. "Also, theres no such thing as a poison enhancement. The closest is a potion called toxic venom and the demonic enhancement envenom." She explained haughtily.

Without any knowledge whatsoever about Sword Art Online and gaming in general, Jazmyne felt left out and pretty unintelligent as well. Huffing rather loudly the brunette crossed both arms over her chest before showcasing a sour expression. "Eesh. I didn't ask you two to get into a nerd war or anything. I just wanted to know if her stories were the real deal or not." Once again she tossed hair over her shoulder in an impatient fashion, highly disliking the conversation topic as well as the fact that she wasn't the current center of attention. "But," She began once more, raising her tone of voice as a smirk arose, "this girl does seem to know more. I know I wasn't before but if anything were to happen I'd take Hakai's side." She only told the truth and was being completely honest here, but also played a mischievous game by exposing her opinion. Jazmyne wanted to keep the "fight" going for entertainment purposes. Because why not?

Edited by Jazmyne

"Right... demonic enhancements. Those things are too good. Not many people have them being that you can only get them in from bosses." The wanderer smacks his head with his hands. "Oooohh! I'm stupid! You're right. It's Toxic Venom. I should've known that, too, being that I'm an alchemist." The wanderer thought to himself for a bit. This woman seems really familiar. "Ah, I remember you. You're the one who had the final blow on Lyrica, right?" the wanderer's face lit up a bit. "I was there with you in the fight."

As the wanderer and Hakai were talking, the brunette woman butted in, adding more wood the fire. The wanderer's eyes flinched. This brunette woman began to irk him. "Why must you escalate this what seem to start looking like an argument?" He thought to himself. He took a deep breathe till he calmed down. "Right... whatever floats your boat." The wanderer quickly sheathes Bakuzan and began to walk away. After a few seconds, the wanderer stopped in his tracks. "I'm not much of a socializer, nor do I like to argue.." the wanderer began talking out loud, hoping the two women can hear. He doesn't know why he's doing this, since he's normally not like this. "Would you two wanna go out in the fields and hunt mobs? We can also teach you basics, while we're at it. Since it looks like you're still new, uh..." The wanderer stalled. None of them have introduced themselves and all three of them were already close to a big argument. The white haired wanderer turned his head. "What were you names again?"

Hakai raised an eyebrow as the man, obviously confused, thought that she was the one who had killed Lyrica. She hadn't. Granted, she had dealth quite a bit of straight damage. She ignored the woman who seemed to feed off of animosity and disagreement and instead gave the man a kind smile. "No, that wasnt me, although I can understand how you might think that with how I have this demonic. The truth is, the item given out from Lyrica isnt a demonic. It doesnt scale in tiers and has no demonic enhancements." She explained. "I got this from a friend, in return for a favor. But then she died, so I pretty, much got them for free." She unequipped her claws and reached a hand out to shake his. "Im Hakai."

Okay. The Princess was being ignored and not getting what she wanted. Whatever. Jazmyne rolled her chocolate colored eyes, turned her head away and crossed both thin arms over her chest before slowly and reluctantly replying, "It's Jazmyne. You know if you're not the socializing type then I'm pretty surprise by how much you talk and the fact that you even walked over here. Is it a special day or something?" The teenager caught up the strange, eyeing him suspiciously. "Gonna take us out into the field and get in a few kills for the day?" Suddenly she felt... frightened by the thought of a trap that'd only recently popped into her mind, but all the more intimidated as well. She could fight. Really. But that was in real life and those rules didn't apply here. There would be no combat for Jazmyne. Not today, and probably not any time soon either.

"I'm not strong enough yet. You should've caught on to that by now, whatever-your-name-is. I'll get killed by one mistake, duh. How about we material gather instead?"

The wanderer quickly knew what the brunette was thinking. Asking a random stranger to go out to the fields - where people can die - and hunt mobs.... "mobs." The wanderer scoffed before he completely turned around. "You have a point... I don't know why, but I did and it happened." He tinkers around a bit with his hub menu. A red cloak then appears. "You don't have to worry though, the guild I'm recruiting for isn't exactly fond of PKers. I'm... Rain."

The wanderer was taken aback at first, but then he eased up and shook Hakai's hand. "Right... that was Hydra.. sorry... my memory is terrible.." The wanderer then looks back at the brunette. "Right.. material gathering works, too. I guess." 

Edited by Rain

Ughh, a recruiter. No wonder he was hanging around trying to start up a conversation, and even take them out to fight mobs. She couldnt stand recruiters, in her opinion she felt that guilds shouldnt advertise themselves or go begging for members. A good guild would make a name for itself and people would apply, not be pestered to join. She didnt mention her thoughts though. "I'm sure i could take out a mob or two, but seeing as whatsherface over there would be in danger that probably wouldnt be the best idea." She expressed. she wasnt a big fan of material gathering either though, however, she needed to make friends even if one of them was some sort of recruiter and the other one just liked to start fights. "I suppose i'm up for some material gathering, although i cant promise i wont fight a few mobs."

"We literally just told each other our names. It's Jazmyne, but I really do appreciate that you thought about me. Maybe I was wrong about you Hakai." Offering a genuine grin and calmed aura, Jazmyne stood closer to the female as she felt safer around Hakai rather than Rain himself. He was creepy, for the moment of course. As soon as the stranger proved that he wasn't going to attempt a kill or two out in the fields then Jazmyne would trust him. Lies weren't something she liked so of course Rain proving that he wasn't would mean a lot to her. As she moved closer to Hakai, Jazmyne nodded in understanding. If she were powerful enough there wouldn't be anybody able to hold her back from killing as she pleased.

"Let's all do what we want but stick together. Then when we get tired let's split the materials and things will just go on from there I guess. Sounds good to me." Without asking for confirmation the brunette began pacing towards the path that would lead the group out of the safe-zone and into the Floor 1 Fields.

The wanderer's eyes flinched again from being annoyed. The brunette had begun walking away already before they even formed a party. Before she got too far, the wanderer tinkers with his HUD, eventually sending both Hakai and Jazmyne party invites. He then tinkers with his HUD some more and put away his red cloak. He's really not a show off so he doesn't really like wearing his cloak. Afterwards, he briskly power walks after the brunette woman. He wanted to catch up, but he didn't want to look like he completely cared to catch up. "How's about slowing down? We'll all get there eventually."

Hakai didnt trust the other woman, although she appeared to be a very low level and likely wouldnt be able to hurt Hakai if she wanted. She just seemed... very inconsistent. Antagonistic at one point, and then a peacemaker later. Something was off and Hakai didnt like it. Still, nothing to do on suspicion. She quickly walked after the woman, walking just as fast as her and leaving Rain in the dust. "Walking is supposed to get you somewhere, so why not walk fast. It's much more effecient this way." she called back, wondering why anyone would bother to stroll when they could fast-walk and get to their destination sooner.

Slightly startled when a menu flashed before her eyes, Jazmyne jumped back a few steps and froze as her wide, brown eyes stared in surprise at the "X" and "O". Taking a deep breath Jazmyne rolled her eyes before accepting the party request. It seemed in the process that Hakai had made quite a bit of progress considering distance, so Jazmyne picked up her pace to a quick walk in order to stroll next to the other female. "I agree." 

Flipping her hair, Jazmyne turned her head to take a look at Rain, who was considerably behind, as she continued walking. "A slow walker, hmm? Hey, that's okay, I've met a lot of them so you're not alone." She smiled, chuckling lightly, before turning towards the front once more. "The world, this game, it moves too fast to stop walking. Never before have I heard of taking time for anything. You probably wouldn't understand. A lot of people don't." Jazmyne sighed, glancing in Hakai's direction to see the female's reaction before returning her gaze to the scenery around the group. She wanted to see reactions. If she'd be pitied or not. If anyone would care that she was talking seriously about her life. Not that this happened to be rare for Jazmyne whom enjoyed greatly talking about herself and herself only.

The wanderer looked like he's in a trance. As the two women raced off ahead of him, he took his time strolling and looking all around him. Even though he's been here for a little more than a month now, Aincrad still baffles him. The Town of Beginnings always seems to amaze the wanderer, from it's architecture to it's people. As he looks ahead, his trance broke. The two women are now already at the gates. "Wait!" He yelled out as he began to run towards the gate. Once he finally caught up, he took a quick breather. "Sorry, wasn't paying attention. You guys ready?"

Edited by Rain

Hakai glanced behind her at Rain as she sprinted to catch up to them. "You dont need to run like that Rain, if we leave the safe zone it isnt like we dissapear." She said with a smirk. She took a step out of the city and out of the safe zone. "See, nothing changes." She explained, speaking to Rain, although it was more for Jaz's benefit as she'd likely never been out of the safe zone.She looked over at Jazmyne. "So, what do you want to do? we can hang out here and search the groun or we can go out further and hope to find herbs and the like." She asked.

Mimicking Hakai's smirk, Jazmyne nodded in agreement with the other female's comment towards Rain. He seemed as if he was the type to be laid-back or take time to relax. Which was unfortunate because Jazmyne knew the world had no time nor space for those types of people. It took those like Hakai and herself to shape others, though, so maybe they could teach Rain a thing or two about picking up the pace. "Unless we die." Jazmyne commented, chuckling softly as she shook her head. It was the truth but also a simple joke that she found humorous. Although she wouldn't approve of another player making a joke about death, making fun of a topic she found terrifying seemed to soothe the fears tied to said topic.

"Further is better." Jazmyne replied, picking up a ruined piece of material that could've had to the potential to serve as something useful. "Yep." She confirmed her statement by flicking the piece away, scrunching up her nose in annoyance. "Lead the way, Hakai. I trust you." 

Spoiler

ID #60449

Loot #12 - You find no suitable materials.

Edited by Jazmyne

The wanderer's eyes flinched some more as the two women indirectly attacked him. He wasn't sure if this was intentional anymore and or intentional, but it whatever it was it was pissing him off. Of course, he isn't that kind of person anymore. He had grown more mature since he's been here. Deciding to shrug it off, he takes a deep breathe till he calm down once again.

The group pushed farther from town in hopes to find materials. Once far enough, more mobs began to spawn near them. The mobs aren't hostile, of course, unless provoked. Rushed from the need to collect materials the wanderer quickly rans at a group of boars. Before the wanderer can get in place, however, one of the boars was able to dig their tusks into the wanderer, throwing him over the boar and into the middle of the four boars he had aggro-ed. "This is perfect."

A devilish smirk popped on the wanderer's face. His hands tightly gripping Bakuzan's handle as it lied in the scabbard waiting to be unsheathed. Within seconds, the wanderer draws his blade cutting through the air, leaving two crescent shapes slashed in the air which quickly pushed out from the wanderer and cleaved all four boars in one go. As the wanderer slowly sheathes Bakuzan back in his scabbard, the boars broke into a multitude of pixels. He then looks back at his group. He face changed yet again from that which just killed four boars to that which originally looked, Calm and disinterested. Seems that allowed the wanderer to blow off some steam. "I got 4 mats here."

OOC: I based these off your stats, Hakai, since you're like level 16 or something right? Just took a guess based from your Asterios Stats.

ID# 60450 results: Battle: 10 Loot: 9
[Level 13] [HP (51/52)] [Energy (2/13)] [DMG 6] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]

[Gen Getsu] [DMG 6 + Crit 2] = DMG 8 * SA (2*3) = DMG 48 - MIT 8 = DMG 40
    -1 HP; -12 energy; +1 Energy

ID# 60450 results: MOB: 9
[Boar] [HP 0/32] [DMG 9] [MIT 8] DEAD

[
DMG 9 + Crit 1] = DMG 10 -  MIT 9 = DMG 1

ID# 60451 results: MOB: 1

ID# 60452 results: MOB: 4

ID# 60453 results: MOB: 3

- Group Loot -
4 Materials

Edited by Rain

OOC: Level 14

Hakai watched as Rain obviously showed off his prowess with his weapon. Yet another damage dealer. In her opinion the front lines needed more tanks and healers. However, this game catered to the damage dealers by making it so that demonics were given out as last hit items. She ignored his showing off and instead looked around for any materials. She didnt find any though, so she headed further out into the grasslands. There would be more mobs, but Hakai made sure to stay in front of Jazmine. If any attacked or if they ran into one she would aggro it first before it had a chance to hurt her companions. 

Spoiler

ID# 60459 results:

Fail

Loot: 9

- Group Loot -
4 Materials

Edited by Hakai