[PP-F5] King of Thieves. <<Arabian Nights, Night 1>> (Hydra)

Shaking the paralysis from himself, Nikodemus brought his axe back and charged a Sword Art. He was feeling weak and worn out, but he would not give up. Charging forward, he brought his axe around in a large arc and acttivated his sword art. The blade slammed home on the weakened thief and knocked it back with the force of the blow. Before he could round on the next thief, Nikodemus was struck by it's glowing blade, followed by the thief he had just hit. Both blades stuck home, but once more, his armor saved him. Growling, Nikodemus used his shield to force both thieves back and tried to step forward to attack, but he fell to one knee and gasped for breathe. His body was exhausted and he was losing all momentum.

Nikodemus:

ID# 60516 results:

Battle: 10 Crit +2 Bleed procs. -8 for 2 turns

Craft: 12 Regen procs +9 hp

Loot: 10

MOB: 10

Thieves

ID# 60517 results:

Battle: 9 Crit +1

Craft: 5 Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 5-8]

Sword Art: Swinging Arc - 2x2 - (4 Energy)

My DMG: 7 + 2 = 9 x 2 x 2 = 36 - 25 = 11 DMG

Thieves: 6 + 1 = 7 X 5 X 1 = 35 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1 x 2 = 2

[H:1]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 86/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 10/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 1: 2/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 Bleed. -8 HP for 2 turns.

Thief 2: 98/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 

Thief Sword Arts:

Hide contents

Side Bite - 2x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-4]
Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 5-8]
Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 1-5]
Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 6-10]

Accuracy: +1 BD

Name: Savvy

Effect: Adds +x BD when the enemy attacks and misses against you, where X is the number of slots used for this enchant. This bonus goes away after landing a successful attack and does not stack. Every second tier step (tier 3, 5, 7 etc.) this will add a further +1 per slot.

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Hydra lifted up Lyrica's fang once again and dove into the fray as Nikodemus was slashed at left, right and center. Unfortunately the brunette could still not find his target. The spear struck the air as the thieves anticipated his moves. Yet the spearman stared with the same cold empty eyes, all he needed to do was hit the healthier one. As soon as that was achieved then they would win the battle. Darting backwards behind Nikodemus, Hydra once again prepared for his next attack.

ID# 60533 results:

Battle: 2+1 (miss)

[H:4]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 86/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 9/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 1: 2/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 

Edited by Hydra

As Nikodemus watched Hydra dart about, He sighed and tried to regain his strength. He hated being this weak, and wanted to be able to help his friend. Without warning, he saw the remaining thief strike at him, it's blade glowing that pale yellow. The hit struck square in his chestplate and did minimal damage, but damage none the less. Growling, Nikodemus tried to swing his axe, but he was weak and the attack was slow and clumsy. The thief simply stepped back and laughed as it did. Cursing darkly, Nikodemus tried to stand once more, making it to his feet, wobbling slightly.

Nikodemus

ID# 60538 results:

Battle: 2 + 1 = miss

Thieves

ID# 60539 results:

Battle: 9 Crit +1

Craft: 7  Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 5-8]

Thieves: 6 + 1 = 7 X 5 X 1 = 35 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1

[H:1]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 85/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 10/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 1: 0/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 Bleed. -8 HP for 2 turns. DED

Thief Sword Arts:

Hide contents

Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 1-5]
Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 6-10]

Effect: Adds +x BD when the enemy attacks and misses against you, where X is the number of slots used for this enchant. This bonus goes away after landing a successful attack and does not stack. Every second tier step (tier 3, 5, 7 etc.) this will add a further +1 per slot.

This time Hydra took in a few deep breaths, he would not charge but wait for an opportune moment to strike out. A sudden pain shot up his arm, "Grngh..." He clenched a bleeding wound that had developed. When he did not know, perhaps it was self inflicted. In any case it took the moment away and he had lost his chance once again. One of the figures burst into crystals after bleeding damage had been dealt, only one thief remained on the battle field now, the woman Hydra had spoken to. 

ID# 60541 results:

Battle: 2+1 (miss)

Thieves: 6 + 1 = 7 X 5 X 1 = 35 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1

[H:1]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 85/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 8/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 1: 0/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 Bleed. -8 HP for 2 turns. DED

Edited by Hydra

Seeing the final thief strutting about angered Nikodemus. With his axe in hand, he took a strange grip of it, holding the head of the axe with one hand and turning it into more of a battering ram. Thrusting the blunt pommel of his axe forward, he caught the thief square in the head, knocking her down onto the floor. The damage was minor due to Nikodemus weakness, but it was enough to put her off balance and opening her up for attack.

Nikodemus

ID# 60542 results:

Battle: 6 + 1 = 7

Craft: 8 Regen procs +9 HP

Thief

ID# 60543 results:

Battle: 3 + 1 = 4. Miss

My DMG: 7 - 25 = 0 + 1 = 1

Thief 2: 97/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1 

Thief Sword Arts:

Hide contents

Hydra once again struck out at the thief... and once again missed. Letting out a sigh he retreated from combat and sat down on a heap of gold, head in his hands. The brunette had developed an awful headache, probably from all the conflict that had broken out over the past several hours. He had helped murder someone and engaged in non-stop combat as well as stumbling across this bounty of treasure. Oh and of course this new darkness had emerged withing his mind, driving him into the lonely depths of despair. Right now all he would of liked was some water to drink, light or dark the day just seemed to drag on, he had given his last supply to Cassim before he was decapitated.

ID# 60544 results:

Battle: 3+1 (fail again :l)

[H:5]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 85/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 7/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Edited by Hydra

Seeing the Thief begin to rise again, Nikodemus once more used the handle of his axe to strike her back down. As she fell, she unleased a Sword Art and struck Nikodemus 3 times. Each hit was absorbed by Nikodemus' Armor, and it's <Thorns> effect activated and sent a pulse of energy into her, causing her to shriek in pain. Stepping back, Nikodemus cursed the thief for her resilience and the moved back away from her to ensure Hydra had a clear strike path if he needed it.

Nikodemus

ID# 60545 results:

Battle: 7 hit

Thief

ID# 60546 results:

Battle: 8 Hit. Thorns procs

Craft: 9 Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10]

My DMG: 5 - 25 = 0 + 1 = 1

Thorns: 14 DMG

Thief:  6 x 3 x 1 = 18 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1

[H:5]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 84/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 1] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 7/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 2: 82/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1  (-15 hp)

Thief Sword Arts:

Hide contents

After his headache died down Hydra finally lifted his head up and prepared for another strike. This time he purposefully aimed for thin air and just as he planned, the girl's own strength was used against her. Jumping right into the space he aimed she hadn't expected it. The smug grin on her face died as 4 consecutive thrusts which planted on each arm and leg. Letting out a cry she staggered backwards. Hydra then turned to Nikodemus, "I will be spending the next turns healing you to regain my energy if that's fine with you..." 

ID# 60547 results:

Battle: 5+1 (hit)

SA: Dragonfly Cutter (12x8 = 96-25 = 71 DMG)

[H:5]  Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 84/88 HP | Energy: 0/22 | MIT: 74 (7+13+9+18+27) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 7 (1+1+3+2) 

[H: 2] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 0/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 2: 11/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1  (-71 hp)

Edited by Hydra

As Nikodemus was preparing to strike the thief once more, she let out another Sword Art once more. The blade punctured into his armor just barely and slicing a slight graze in his skin. His armor's <Regen> effect had kicked in and healed him a bit, and the <Thorns> effect kicked in, sending a pulse of damage through her. She shrieked once more and then tried to stab at the rent in Nikodemus armor once again. Tired and wanting to rest, Nikodemus brought his axe back once more and then thrust the hammer forward again and smashed it into the thief's head one last time. With a sick crack, the thief grunted once more and then fell back and laid still for a moment before bursting into pixels. Falling back, he looked towards Hydra and nodded. "Go ahead. Rest up for a moment. I uh.... I am gonna do the same."

Nikodemus:

ID# 60549 results:

Battle: 6 Hit

Craft: 7 Regen procs. +9 HP

Loot: 15

MOB: 8

Thief:

ID# 60550 results:

Battle: 8 hit. Thorns

Craft: 11 Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 6-10]

Loot: 9

MOB: 8

My DMG: 5 - 25 = 0 + 1 = 1 DMG

Thorns: 14 DMG

Thief: 6 x 3 x 2 = 36 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1 DMG

[H: 2] Hydra: Lvl: 21 | 104/104 HP | Energy: 0/21 | MIT: 18 | RGN: 9 | DMG 13 (1+5+3+3+1 - Charge 1st turn)

Thief 2: 0/135 HP | Mitigation: 25 | Damage: 6 | Accuracy: 1 | Savvy: 1  DED

Thief Sword Arts:

Hide contents

Hydra studied the fragile broken figure  "She wasn't a player after all..." There was a sound of disappointment in his voice. Letting out a sigh he then looked at his ally with his dull eyes, "You crave blood... the darkness is inside you as well?" Hydra asked as though he were questioning his ally rather than stating. The events that occurred he had certainly perceived as barbaric, not that  he cared much about how is enemies ended up. Turning around the brunette looked at the piles upon piles of treasure for a second time, "I suppose this shouldn't be wasted..." This reaction was not how the excited player had reacted before, the scars of gaining an orange cursor had clearly left its mark...

Having laid upon the cool stone floor for a moment, Nikodemus looked up at Hydra as he spoke. Standing up, he stretched his limbs out and worked the stiffness from them. Hearing Hydra ask about him made his mind stir slightly. "I have a darkness within me, yes. Battle rage is what my ancestors called it. An unwavering craving for destroying my enemy. I would never harm an ally, no matter how much the red sight comes over me. But she... No, they... were not allies. Not even the filth I came to save. So, I have no qualms putting my blade to test on them. Now... I must go and tell Ali of his brothers fate. Feel free to take what you can. I am sure there are no more thieves who need it. If you wish to venture back to Armadillo with me, feel free. And thank you from coming to my aid." Looking at the piles of gold, Nikodemus sighed and then turned from them and prepared to leave. A sudden screen appeared before him and Hydra. Upon it, the words <<Quest Rewards>> were written out, and below was a massive tally of Col and an item.  The amount was enough to make his breath catch for a moment.

Quest Rewards:

15,000 Col.

Cassin's Golden Ring

<<Accept Rewards>>?

[O] <<Accept>>  [X] <<Deny>>

Tapping his finger on the <<Accept Button>> Nikodemus watched his internal Col counter raise drastically. Finished accepting the rewards, Nikodemus left the cave. His boots thudded heavily on the stone corridor as he stalked from the cave.

Upon exiting, he found the sun to be setting slowly. Making his way across the desert, he returned to the town of Armadillo as the orange globe of fire had dipped beyond the horizon and the sable sky of night appeared, shot through with thousands of glittering stars. Entering the tavern where he first met Ali, Nikodemus saw the many sitting where he had been, drinking more ale. Walking to him, Nikodemus took his helmet off and rested it beneath his arm. The young man looked up, recognition in his eyes, and began to search for his brother. The words "Cassin?" came from his lips slowly as he realized the man was not there. With a shake of his head, Nikodemus produced the golden ring Cassin had been wearing. Ali recognized it and nodded, sorrow filling his eyes. "How did he...?" Ali asked, but was unable to fully articulate the question.

With a greater sigh, Nikodemus closed his eyes and thought of how best to put the words together. After deciding, he spoke calmly. "Your brother was alive when I found him. He then told me that he had betrayed your name to the thieves, as well as your location. They knew someone from this town had been with him, as they found the sets of tracks you and Cassin had left. Cassin tried to bargain your life for his. I murdered him for that betrayal. Forgive me or not, that is your decision, but I could not allow him to live after that. Had I not come, you'd be dead this night. The thieves had been preparing to come to Armadillo for you when I arrived. None of them were allowed to live either. This I swear. Have his ring."

As Nikodemus held the ring out to Ali spoke. "Oh.... I see..." Shaking his head, he stood. "Keep it. I do not want it." With sorrow and pain in his eyes, the young man walked from the tavern and into the desert night. With a sigh, Nikodemus slid the ring back into a pouch at his side and waited for a moment. Shortly, he turned and exited the tavern, making his way to the teleport gate. "Teleport: Nimbus." Speaking the commands, the gate activated and enveloped him in a bright light. Within a second, Nikodemus was standing in the green lit streets of Nimbus. Glad to be home, he returned to his shop and entered it, closing and locking the door for the night.

Thread Complete:

+15,000 Col Per player

+1 Unique Trinket (Cassin's Golden Ring) Per player

+3 SP per player