[PP-F2] Seeing Double in the Dark <Let There Be LIght> (Rain, Khrysaor & Sierra)

The crimson haired player had been putting this off for some time. It felt weird to have advanced to such a high level without covering the basics, but his inner completionist told him that he had to finish all the quests on all the floors before he would be totally satisfied. With that in mind he headed for where he knew the NPC would spawn. Sure enough he was approached by a very upset mother in the center of the second floor's main town. The motherly NPC began to speak to the crimson haired player "Please, you have to help me! My child, they're lost in the caves! She was playing with her friend when monsters suddenly appeared! You look well armed, surely you can take care of them and rescue her!" Kalesh had predicted this but he was nothing if not an avid RPG fan. He took a breath to gather his muse and said "Madam, I promise you I shall do everything in my power to find your child, and banish any monsters that would see them harm from this world!" He was doing his best impression of a heroic voice for his own personal giggles while acting oh-so dramatic. The mother went on to thank him profusely and wished him luck before running off, presumably to track down someone else to take the quest or despawn entirely. Kalesh looked the quest details over when a pop-up screen appeared and when it was accepted he figured that he was overpowered... so why not spread the wealth of his power? "Heeeey, anyone want to do a low-level quest?" He quizzes curiously to anyone in earshot. He wasn't patient enough to message anyone he knew on another floor, and he didn't think it would be a bad idea to have some company at the very least. If he could help people out while helping himself out then it was all the better for everybody! "It's free EXP and moneeeeeey~!" He idly mused that such offers were only scams in the real world, snickering at such a subtle difference between RPG and real world.

(( @Rain @Sierra @KhrysaorWhenever you're ready!))

Edited by Kalesh

In his normal fashion, the wanderer's seen wandering the floors on Aincrad. This time, on the 2nd floor. He's specifically here for a quest he saw on the quest boards...

As he got closer, He hears a loud shout coming from the direction he was heading too. As he got closer, he sees a red maned man armed with claws.

"Enough with the yelling.. I heard you the first time..." The wanderer said in an annoyed tone. "Anyways, wha-" As the wanderer spoke, he spots the NPC he came to this floor for, over the shoulder of the Red maned man. "Uh.. Give me a sec." The wanderer quickly spoke to the NPC, skipping pretty much everything. He only wanted one thing. The info on the objective and it's reward. Once he finished talking to the NPC, he quickly heads back to the red man. "Uh right... where were we? Right! The quest.. what quest are you talking about, anyways? And sure I'm in. Free SP is always welcome."

OOC: Sorry! hella late, I got on my plane, moved my stuff to my new place... went around to buy stuff for the place... and now here I iz. :p @Kalesh @Sierra @Khrysaor

Edited by Rain

Sierra merely stood there upon the second floor standing within the city as she glanced over the town square her own level quite pitiful as she now sighed. "Come now Sierra, you know how Hakai hates it when you are standing around not training what would she say to you," sulking now she sat down upon the ground glancing over the NPC's that had been spawning in and wandering along there merry ways. She then glanced over hearing one say that She had lost her child, a man with a crimson mane already approaching her as she now thought. "Hmm maybe I could just tag along with him, but how on earth could I get him to-" As she was contemplating he then began to answer her very plea with the words she needed. The violet hair lady now wandered forward as she stopped in her tracks. Another familiar voice begging for the man to now stop his shouting. Glancing over the acquaintance she grimaced now feeling a bit more hesitant after her last encounter with the lad. "Right, I'm willing to help as well I suppose although does he have to come along." Pointing a bit angrily at him.

Khrysaor was walking around the town on the second floor enjoying the nice cool breeze hitting against his face. He was taking a small break from grinding out levels, and thought about taking small tours of each floor, just to get a basic layout and map of each floor. He had a pretty good idea of what was on Floor 2 by now and was heading towards the teleportation gate. He was a few meters away before he heard the plea of a NPC looking for her daughter. He turned around and saw few players talking with the motherly NPC, and thought he could help them out and maybe gain some sweet rewards. He casually walked towards the group and said, "I would love to help out and rescue your daughter as well."

Edited by Khrysaor

He smiled as three players approached him one after the other. Not seeing any signs of further reinforcement he says "The quest is called Light in the Dark. Long story short, we go into a cave and save a kid." He invites each and every one of them into his party, waiting until then to hit the 'share quest' button and anyone without the quest suddenly had it for accepting in front of them. "You can read the details there." He was content with giving them just the basics of the quest, it wasn't very complex as far as he was concerned. It was generic RPG fodder after all!

When the lady called Sierra spoke out against the player called Rain he raised a brow and asked "Well, he doesn't have to I'm not about to strong arm him, do you have a problem with him coming?" He looks to Rain with a smirk "You do anything bad to her I should know about?" His look was mischievous, happy to fan the flames of chaos and cause a little panic now and again. It would be boring to never tease anyone in his mind.

"Before we set out though, there is something I want you three to vote on." He says while lifting his arms and showing the gauntlets around his hands with clawed tips "I have enough power to kill anything on this floor in one hit, buuuut..." He unequips his weapons with a few finger swipes "Or I could fight bare handed, and have access to rank two sword arts for martial arts. This would make the fight a bit more fair, and give you all a better chance of pitching in. What do you say, weapon or no weapon?" He crosses his arms in wait, content with either scenario.

Edited by Kalesh

The wanderer's eyes flinched a bit as Seirra came out of nowhere and began to bash the image he's been trying to portray. "Nothing to really worry about, just some misunderstanding that went south..." The wanderer stopped in the middle of his words. How should he go about this. Perhaps just the summary version would do. He really doesn't want to explain what happened and just wants to move the adventure along. "Uh.. Yeah, just misunderstanding."

"Anyways, I'm fine with anything. I'm just here for the SP. Do whatever makes you happy."

"Attempting to seduce me by force was far more than some simple misunderstanding as she now equipped her sword and looked around as she sighed. "I suppose I could work with such a rank amateur even if it is just for a short period of time. The only problem is I'm a rather weak healer right now so I won't be of that much help in fighting off these bats as the mission asks us to do. I suggest you fight for me Kalesh since I am  not capable of doing all that much damage in this particular situation."

Khrysaor was starting to worry a bit, hopefully this group will pull through and the team work between the group of 4 will be solid. "Guys ability to damage is so-so, more of a tank/defensive player and I can take some of the damage if need be, but I would still like a crack at the beasts. How about no weapon for now, but if the situation starts to look dire, then switch to weapon." Khrysaor started to equip his own battle gear. He straightened out his armor and took out his blade to look at its condition before the fight. After, he was satisfied he placed the sword back into it's scabbard, and exclaimed, "Ready everyone!?!? Let's be on our way!"

Kalesh hummed in thought as one players want him to get it done and finished while another wanted to try it themselves. "Well, as fun as fighting for you sounds, Sierra" He gives her a wink "How about a compromise? There are -two- bats we need to fight in there. The first one, we will fight legitimately. Once that one dies, I'll equip my weapons and destroy the second." He shrugs his shoulder and opens the front of his jacket to show several hidden pockets, his hand reaching up to pull out a red crystal. "If the bat messes with one of you, and you are low on health, I'll give you some HP using this." He puts the healing crystal into his jacket again and nods to Khrysaor "Indeed, onward we go!" As the party leader, and the guy able to take the most abuse, he lead the way for the group. It wouldn't take very long for them to arrive at the dark and dank cave outside of town with the child lost inside. "It'll be dark in there once we step inside, so you'll have some trouble hitting or dodging, by the way. Well, more than you usually would. Everyone say you're ready and I'll run in first, just follow me or use your map to check my location and go there." Party members had convenient benefits like that to make teamwork easier.

The wanderer's eyes flinched before a nerve popped out of his forehead, "Again! That wasn't intentional! The potion didn't work, like how I wanted it to! Anyways, if you need health I've got plenty. Let's get on with this mission already... I have no plans on taking my time." The wanderer stomped off away from the purple haired woman, he wanted to keep his distance from her since she was beginning to irk him, yet again. He twists his neck and stretches his arms and legs casually while waiting for everyone. "Anyways, I'm ready when you are. I'm a damage dealer, but I can also take a hit."

Siera looked back around and eyed Rain specifically as she wasn't entirely happy with him despite what her comments sounded, now wandering over and taking up shelter behind Kalesh instead. "Wasn't it, you were the one who was slipping it to me so forcibly now," she hissed and grumbled turning away. None the less we must get along to finish this ... what were we doing again saving some poor woman's child from a cave. Hearing his comment on taking a hit she strolled up and gave the boy a good hit upside the back of the head if he didn't notice her approach was for such a reason.

Khrysaor accepted Kalesh's plan, and slowly started to follow the group from behind. As the group walked on towards the cave that he could see in the distance, Khrysaor made sure to keep in mind the hints and advice Kalesh was giving out. He watched on in amusement at the predicament Rain got himself into with the girl, and was snickering behind his hand. He wondered what happened between them and what did Rain do to get the young lady angry. He called out to them and said, "Are you two a couple, because you guys sure do act so much like one, especially like one of those old married couple." After that he could not help it but let out a chuckle.

Edited by Khrysaor

Kalesh nodded once everybody was ready, entering the cave first and snickering at the sound of the other players teasing one another, always finding it fun to listen in on other people's battles. "Maybe not married yet but I am sure they could if they keep it up." He chuckled and shook his head while things got darker and darker. At this point everyone here, himself included, would have a harder time dodging or evading in the darkness. Kalesh wasn't worried, in fact, he had a plan. "Well, wrap up the battles you have, because we are about to enter a new one..." He says as he smiles toothily and takes off in a sprint! Seconds later the player Kalesh took a deep breath, filling his lungs with air before letting out a feral yell! It didn't sound like he was shocked, in pain, or otherwise disturbed. It was closer to a roar to scare off enemies or attract their attention. The sound echoed through the cave powerfully.

Seconds later two loud squeaking creatures were flapping towards him from the dark abyss of the cave, both making a straight line towards Kalesh who had his hands in his jacket's pockets. "Feel free to hit them as much as you want, they're targeted on me." He says while letting the two bats fly towards him and bite onto his body, harming him and themselves. "Seriously, you can't get their attention off me, go nuts!" This was why he had invested in the skill Howl, more than happy to take the heat for other players. Today he wasn't wearing his evasion jacket in favor of one with thorns. Still, he didn't want to do too much damage by letting them hit him.

[ID# 61408][MD: 1]

(H3)Kalesh: 118/120 HP  (-2) | 28/30 ENG (-2) | 12 MIT | 28 Thorns | 1 Evasion | 2 Accuracy
Action: Howl - +3 Hate to all enemies.

Giant Bat1: 22/50 HP (-28)
Giant Bat2: 22/50 HP (-28)

Edited by Kalesh

"Slipping.. what?! NO!" The wanderer patience was growing thin. The fact that the other two were trying to give off relationship advice on a non-existent relationship wasn't helping. "Can we get this quest going already?! That'd be great." After a few minutes of walking, the group finally reaches the cave.

Upon watching Kalesh rushing in and using howl, the wanderer followed suit and began to make his charge. He was going to finish this all in one go. Well, atleast, that was the plan. After a few steps into the darkness the wanderer trips over a rock and falling flat on the ground. He didn't make any sound, however. He didn't want to feed sierra's ammunition against him. 

ID# 61425 results: Battle: 1
  Missed | -1 Energy

Edited by Rain
Sierra smirked seeing the boy's issues now arise as he seemed to be filled in abit as well as herself upon a relationship that wasn't even real. That didn't mean she couldn't milk the situation for all it's worth, her body quickly gliding over the ground till she now planted her arm within his. "Of course, sweety now why don't you tell your lovely friends how you first cruelly tried to seduce me while my wife wasn't around," the violet haired girl laughed now glaring into Rain's eyes as she wanted him to know how deadly serious she was about him needing to watch his tongue in her presence from now on. As the fight began she released the damage dealer's arm now sitting there and sighing. "I really can't assist in this situation until someone starts to take damage gentleman."

Khrysaor was really having a bit of fun at Rain's expense, and he knew it's best to do it now before they truly went into the cave to fight off the bats. Once, they reached the entrance of the cave Kalesh went in to draw the enemy's attack his way, and then Rain went ahead and attack, but missed spectacularly. Khrysaor wanted to laugh at the situation Rain was in especially with the other player there, but could not afford to waver in his focus. So, instead of following Rain's lead and charging in he walked in slower and let the darkness wash over him. He thought, 'Ok, since I can't see very well, it may be better if I close my eyes and use my other senses to try to detect the bats.' So, that is what he did, and he could hear the squeaking noises the bats were making. He tried to pinpoint the sounds, and when he did he jumped in for the attack. Khrysaor could tel one bat was on one side, while the other was on the other, so he did a spin and using his sword sliced both bats. His sword art <<Farrant Full Moon>> activated, and after the attack the bats were affected by the <<Bleed>> and <<Paralyze>> status effects. After, his attack he jumped back into a ready position looking all around him for the next attack.

ID# 61530

BD: 10 - 1 (-1 to all rolls) = 9

Sword Art Used: Farrant Full Moon – 3x1 - AOE - (6 Energy)

DMG done to Bats: 1 DMG base + 2 Crit + 2 Rank 2 SA = 5 x 3 (SA used) = 15 DMG

Bleed Activated: on bats turn to attack they take 8 DMG for two turns

Paralyze Activated: Bats action taken away for a turn

Giant Bat1: 7/50 HP - Paralyze, Bleed (2/2)
Giant Bat2: 7/50 HP - Paralyze, Bleed (2/2)

Edited by Khrysaor

Kalesh blinked as he watched Khrysaor be the only one to hit the bats. He noticed the bleed effect from Khrysaor finishing them off. The two bats shattered apart and Kalesh stood, clapping his hands off as if he had finished a hard day's work, ignoring the holes in his hands as they'd heal or preferably be healed soon he hoped. "Alright! The monsters are down, let's find that kid!" He winks, this being something they could all do, especially with the threats removed. Kalesh turned his ear slightly upwards while trying to hear for any echoing cries from the child, his eyes shutting a bit to try and focus his senses if possible.

Kalesh: 118/120

Giant Bat1: 0/50 HP (-8 from Bleed)- Paralyze, Bleed (1/2)
Giant Bat2: 0/50 HP (-8 from Bleed) - Paralyze, Bleed (1/2)

Edited by Kalesh

The wanderer slowly picks himself up from the ground, using Bakuzan as a support. "... what now?" He couldn't see anything and could barely move. "Right.. the kid.." The wanderer had almost forgotten why they're even in this cave. "Looking around was pointless. Trying to feel for a dead body was too. If I was a kid, what would I do this situation? I would probably be crying out of fear, but hiding too. Hmm... I need to listen..." The wanderer closes his eyes and concentrates on everything in cave. The drops of water from the ceiling, the many creatures lying in wait deeper in the cave, the howl of the wind as it enters the cave, the incessant nagging of Sierra..... "Uh let's a void that last one... She's got to be here somewhere.." The wanderer began to hear some almost silent crying. It wasn't very loud, but he can tell it's the kid. "I hear something.. deeper in the cave." The wanderer ran straight into the darkness.

Sierra merely stopped wandering forward as she suddenly the monsters appeared and dispersed into pixels all in one swift motion. Looking down to her own weapon she sighed merely realizing that even if she was higher level she was an aspiring healer thus making her still ineffective while in the thick of combat unlike the tanks and damage dealers. "Well, I must admit I shouldn't be surprised of how fast you all are capable of slaying those simple bats, but that was impressive none the less." Looking through the cave she squinted as it was difficult for her to make out anything let alone the bats in the darkness or her own companions. A heavy sigh now escaping her lips as she wandered forward hearing the cries of the child. "I believe she is a bit farther down into the caves." Now rushing past Rain partially pushing him into the wall as she went to go see what it was.

Khrysaor was slightly amazed at the speed the bats were destroyed by the group. He was thinking that the battle would have lasted for a bit longer. As he watched the bats get pixelated, he placed his blade into his sheath, and started to look around for any signs of the child they were looking for. He tried to squint through the darkness to no avail. There was just no easy way to look through the cave with it being so pitch black. He heard the sound of crying at the same time as Rain did, and slowly started to move through the cave and towards the sounds of the wail at a slow pace.