[PP-F8] He has no style, he has no grace. <Monkey King>(Zandra)

Kalesh had learned from a player he had helped long ago that she was willing to help him out with fighting a boss up on the eighth floor. A supposed 'king of monkeys'. Kalesh himself was dubious of soloing such a monster with his current armor, but paired with another player the red haired player was certain he could succeed even if it ended up being by the skin of his teeth. Upon arriving on the forest floor with massive trees as tall as skyscrapers he happily sent a private message to @Zandra telling her that he had arrived and was ready to head out from the town's exit at the base of the giant tree and out into the forest when she arrived. "I wonder how many monkey related jokes I can sneak into conversation before it dies..." He mutters to himself during his free time, scratching his head through his hair idly in thought.

Zandra was sitting at beach outside her and Jomeis beachhouse. It was placed on the beach of the main island on floor sixteen. She sat there with her legs pulled up and rested her head on her crossed arms that leaned on her knees. Her bare foots in the sand. She sat there and just stared at the horizon. Today was such a boring day. Nothing fun was happening. Well of course it must those days too. Otherwise the fun days wouldnt be fun. Just when she thougth it couldnt be worse, she saw a spot in the sand got dark. Then another one, and another. She started to feel something small hitting her again and again. A few seconds later, a smooth summerrain had started to fall. Then the note that she had got a personal message sounded and she red it. It was from the man that helped her catch Zita. ''Hey Zita! Time to meet our old frioend.'' She immediatly headed towards floor eight and when she had warped there she exits the posrtal and headed down to the towns exit.''Heya Kalesh, so you want a companion on a quest? Finally I can repay my debt to you.''

Kalesh happily gave a wave when he saw Zandra approach with her familiar Zita, pleased to see her familiar had stood the test of time of course. Not all familiars were quite so lucky, including someone he knew who lost their familiar. He focused his mind onto Zandra's words however and was pleased to respond "Ohh, I don't feel like you owe me anything, you gave me all those crystals when we were looking for Zita!" He smiled at the bird once again before turning his attention towards Zandra again. He opens the front of his jacket and points to the uncommon quality health crystal from back then. "I still have one left, I am veeeery cautious." He says with a smile before saying "Buuuut yes, I do want some companionship for a quest, and welcome the help!" He equips his long-fingered claw weapons and points a metallic finger in a direction. "We're going to be tracking down the Monkey King. A tough battle for me alone, but together it should be easy enough!" He says hopefully in part to help convince himself more than Zandra. He hummed in thought and took a fish out of his inventory and offered it to Zita "Does Zita like fish?" He asks curiously while letting the bird examine the uncooked and still fresh fishie.

-1 Fish

He said she had given him crystals before."I did? I cant remember that. Guess Im starting to get old." She said and winked at him. She nooded in agreement when he said he wanted companionship."I now exactly what you mean. Its so boring to go thru the quests alone." What said next made Zandra think she had misunderstood him. For her, almost any quest that have been unlocked can she easily solo. But he wanted companionship to help defeat the boss, not to get rid of boredom like her."Well, I dont have any crystals, but if you want potions, you can drop by at my shop for free uncommons and very cheap rare and perfects." She said with a friendly smile on her lips. As soon as she saw the fish pixelise, she felt something leave her shoulder and the fish was gone. Zita landed on a rock a dozen meters away and started to eat.

Kalesh happily let go of the fish as Zita grabbed it, chuckling happily as he watched the bird fly off. It made him happy that familiars at least appreciated the fish he caught, even if most of the humans in this game didn't. "Guess that's a yes." He says before turning his eyes to Zandra and saying while her familiar ate "Hm... Well, I'll think about dropping by then! Couldn't hurt to see what you have in stock potion-wise." He felt a grin crossing his lips slowly as a joke formed in the back of his mind. "And I wouldn't worry, you don't look like you've aged a day since we met." He winks playfully, to some the joke might have been a bit off-color since their virtual bodies didn't age but their real ones did, but he was nothing without the occasional tease. "Oh, before we go, do you want to kill things on the way for materials and stuff? Or would you rather just gather while we walk?" He figured that if they were going to make the trip there was no harm in getting some materials out of it.

Zandras virtual cheeks blushed."Naaw, your charmer there. It looks like you havent aged a day either. But I guess you wont age if you just slacking behind and not doing anything." She teased back and strratched out the tongue towards him and let out a giggle. Then he asked if they would do some useful out of this, like searching for materials or slaying monsters for money."Nah, Im fine. Dont realy have any use of it yet. Well, at least not until we hit floor twenty." She took a step closer to Kalesh as they walked. Looked around to see if there was anyone nearby. But there wasnt any player to be seen anywhere. Then she whispered, leaning her head close to his ear."Ive herd we gonna be able to get unique skills when we gets there."

Kalesh couldn't help but laugh a bit at her counter to his tease, nodding his head with a smile as he said "That's true, I should have outgrown this jacket ages ago." He shrugged his shoulders and stuck his tongue back out at her in turn before she explained her situation with materials and the like. "Makes sense, that's when tier three hits right...?" He was fairly sure that was the case. When Zandra got close he blushed a bit in surprise, his eyes going wide once the words caught up with his brain though. A wide grin crossed his lips as he looked down at his hands, clenching them into fists. "Yesssss, that's awesome!" He whispers with excitement clear in his voice. He had missed his chance last time, now he wondered if he would be able to grab one of those special skills this time around. "I guess until then, I'll have to keep training and leveling up! Ohh man, I'm motivated now!" Any desire he had to slack off today was dispelled with that little tidbit of information. He pointed a finger towards the horizon and said "Let's start walking, we can talk on the way!" He was eager to see the king of monkeys defeated, it would be the first stepping stone on his rise to power! He had to be worthy of a unique skill after all and not just a wanna-be with a skill he can't put to full use!

"Well." Now she turned her attention forward instead, walking casually beside her long-haired friend and stopped whispering."This is just rumors Ive herd. Could be false. But about tier three items. There Im sure its not twenty. Since Ive tried to make them tier three. But a note appears saying 'unavalble until floor twentyone is unlocked'. And you need to be rank three." She let out a deep sigh."Wonder if my hard work ever gonna get to use. Its quite a bit up to floor eightyone, where only Master crafters can make highest tier items. Thou by then, I'll probably be a grandmaster." She turned her head towards the man while co tinue walking."Right, your a fisherman. How is it going? Havent herd about many picking up fishing."

Stepping ever forward he turned his head to face his black haired companion. Kalesh nodded in thought, it made sense to him he supposed that tiers would need to unlock periodically. "Well, the moment we hit twenty one, I am going to be needing to get allll new items again, potions included!... it feels weird to be have lower tiered items." He shrugged his shoulders, he had always been obsessive about replacing his gear in MMO. Old habits die hard was the most fitting set of words for his situation he figured. "And you get better chances of higher quality items by being higher ranked, right? To me that pays off on its own!" He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders softly, blinking at the mention of fishing. He smirked "Amazing, actually! I got really lucky just the other day, I caught a rare quality monster fish! Killed it and was able to salvage three items with the strong enhancement." He gushed, it was hands-down the best catch he had ever made! "It took me getting to rank three, but it aaaaall finally paid off for me." 

When Zandra herd this man had reached rank three in fishing he got some respect from her. But not only that, he had also succeded in catching and killing a monster fish! that Zandra thougth was pretty hard. Thou she actually had no idea. But it gave him three items, which must mean its good. She clapped her hands and gave a friendly smile.''Good work there Kalesh. Thats impressive.''she said.''Sounds a little more exiting then my proffession. Im just standing at a bench and putting together different stuffs into a pot.'' she continued without a smile.

When she looked up ahead she saw something.''Hey Kal.'' her voice had a tone of surprise in it.''If its okay I call you Kal?'' she added.'' she pointed infront of them, about twohundredfifty meters.''Isnt that the door to the monkey king?''

Kalesh smiled as Zandra praised him, a smile on his face as he blushed a little shyly "D'aww, thanks, but it's not as exciting as you think... except in short bursts. A guy could spend a long time just sitting there and waiting for a fish to bite. That's why I like it, I can just sit back and relax until something happens." He grins at the mention of a pot and says "Do you put on a witch hat and start cackling insanely while you mix? Y'gotta make your own fun if you ask me!" He grinned at the idea of Zandra in a cute little witch outfit and brewing up a potion before he shook his head in attention. She had found the King's Cave! "Oh!! It is! Nice catch!" He says approvingly as he turns to face the cave while taking a deep breath to calm himself. "Okay... Well, no point in delaying it. Let's take him down!" The players says with at least some level of confidence as he takes a step forward towards the entrance.

As he approached a feral roar was heard along with the thudding of heavy steps. From the depths of the cave emerged the king of monkeys himself with his golden fur. Seeing an intruder on its territory he monster lets out another louder roar which made the crimson haired player squint in discomfort from the noise. It was then the beast lunged, jumping towards Kalesh with an extended fist! The claw wielding player dashed to the side, watching as the beasts fist hits the ground next to him with a powerful impact. Before the beast could react Kalesh's claws glowed and in a moment's time ten successive stabs with his claws struck various points in the beast's arm, making it recoil and slam the ground angrily a few times as its HP plummeted. "You're up!" Said the player with green eyes, focusing on the beast while letting his fighting partner know that it was her chance to pitch in.

[ID# 61110][BD: 8+2=10][MD: 3-3=0]

[H:1]Kalesh: 104/104 HP | 26/26 ENG | 7 MIT | 3 EVA
Action: Pinpoint Destrction (10x1x12=120)

Monkey King: 130/200 HP (-120+50=-70) | 50 MIT
Action: Miss

Edited by Kalesh

Zandra had been right. Thedoors she saw was the entrance to the king of monkeys boss room. Or monkey king, whatever. She followed close after Kalesh. A smile of exitment was growing on her lips. It was quite a long time since she thougth a hard boss except the floor bosses. Zandra checked all her equipment. Her trusted whip of the warrior, the heavy metal armour, dark angel armour and on her wrist, the handwrap of accuracy. When she had checked the last thing they herd a roar infront of them and the monkey appeared. Kalesh was first in with his claws. With them, he removed a large chunk of its health. More then a third.''Nice Kalesh.'' now it was her turn. She smirked and darted forward towards the boss activating her charge skill and when in range, activated the sword art. Her whip was swung thru the air and got contact with the monkey neck. Then she pulled the handle as much she could, made the monkey turning. Then she pulled the other way and he turned again, his health turned from green to yellow, from yrllow to red and from red into nothing and it shattered into pixels. Zandra looked sad.''Okay, why cant quest bosses be hard to fight?'' she said to herself. Then she turned to Kalesh and putted on a smile.''Good work there. We are an awesome team.'' she said with a thumb up.

ID: 61119
BD: 9 2x8x18=288-50=238 Dmg

Kalesh: 104/104 (16/26) H: 1
Zandra: 197/197 (32/48) H: 2

Monkey King: 0/200 -DEAD- (-238)

Edited by Zandra

Kalesh whislted as Zandra showed off her whip's strength, all but lynching the massive beast! The damage was on a whole other level compared to what he could do, even if his weapon's special ability triggered and his critical damage was raised. The most he could manage regularly was ten times damage, and thirteen when he criticaled. Zandra on the other hand had proved she could deal far more in his eyes. Still though, she was on his side. He raised his hand to Zandra, returning her thumbs up with a nod. "Any team would be great with someone like you on it!" He says with a smile to the other player, moving to her now that the immediate threat had passed. "Maybe it's not that bosses are easy, but you are so strong?"  He winked and shrugged his shoulders, doubtful that he was going to be getting on her level any time soon, even he invested into all kinds of mods! He did have plans stewing in his mind on how to become strong however. "Well, thanks in any case, that went a loooot faster than i was expecting." He grinned as he looked towards the sky. "Well, I vote we scavenge his cave for items. He won't respawn quickly!"

Kalesh goes through his inventory and removes his jacket, putting a lucky charm on his shirt. It was the same clover-leaf charm that he had loaned Zandra when catching Zita. He moved to one corner of the cave and said "His fur is probably worth something I'd think, maybe a fang? I dunno, bosses tend to be made of valuable stuff if you ask me!" He wasn't having any luck but he was trying.

-2 Evasion -1 Recovery
+2 LD

[ID# 61121][LD: 11+2=13]

Edited by Kalesh

''Me? Strong?'' she let out a small giggle.''Then you havent seen the other frontliners. Like Cal and Takao now. And the dead the Dom and Zel. There we can talk about strong. As well as Tristan before he left by some reason. Havent herd of him for a long time.'' Zandra went silent for about ten seconds, started thinking about the murdered players. She havent had any relations to the dual wieldeer, but the berserker was her number one customer. Thanks to him, she and her loved one had been able to buy a beachhouse as well as for Zandra to reach second highest alchemist rank. Then she remembered, she wasnt alone at the moment. She looked up.''Oh sorry, I spaced out for a bit. What did you said?'' He went to examine the body, but seemed he did found anything, at least not this time. Maybe Zandra would have better luck. She saw a pile of banans that she walked up to. There seemed to be one of the usable. She picked it up and putted it in the supply bag. Then the rest of the pile pixelized and disapeared.

Unequip: Handwrap of Accuracy: -3 Acc
Equip: Ring of aventurer: +2 Acc +1 LD

ID: 61222 LD: 16+2=18 +1 material

Edited by Zandra

Kalesh chuckled and said "Hey now~ You don't gotta be modest, being fourth or fifth place still sets you above thousands of people, I gotta respect that." He says with a smirk while rummaging around in the cave. "I actually do know Takao and Calrex, Calrex much more though~!... I've only met Ssendom once, and seen Zelrius but we never exchanged words." He runs his fingers through his long red hair in thought, scritching at his head as the cogs n his head turned. "... Don't think I ever heard of Tristan. He was on their level of power, hm?" He merely shrugged his shoulders, hoping that if he was as tough as she claimed he'd return at some point. If not they'd just have to respect his desire to rest. "I'm probably going to be among the weakest players at the boss fight, but dangit I am going to do my part!" He chuckled softly as he idly glances at the hidden pockets under his jacket, counting his potions and crystals before confirming he still had a teleport crystal and a safeguard potion. Only singular ones, but it would help he hoped. In either scenario he kept rummaging finding... something he'd rather not describe, putting it straight into his inventory without touching it directly, shuddering as the mystery item was labelled a material no matter how gross it might have been.

[ID# 61265][LD: 15+2=17]

Edited by Kalesh

Zandra blushed a bit when Kalesh said he repected her.''Tristan was the strongest tank there have ever been. He was the previous owner to Calrex unique skill.'' Zandras head quickly turned to Kalesh when he said he was gonna take part in this floor boss fight.''You gonna join too?'' she asked. She didnt wanted one of her friends to be killed. But still she wouldnt say that he shouldnt join if he wanted to. After all, they would need every single player if they was up against THREEHUNDRED mobs. Even if they was weak, compared to the boss.''Just promise not to player-kill someone or be player-killed by someone? If you die Im gonna haunt your ghost fo eternity.'' she said with a smile and winked.''But seriously. Dont die.'' she added more seriously.

Kalesh he turned his eyes to Zandra and said proudly with his hand raised high, the clawed index finger pointing upward "Yup! The first Wild Dance user to touch the front lines!" He chuckled softly, he had almost achieved that before, but his disappearance somehow didn't cause someone else to beat him to it until now. "It's going to be tough, but I can promise you I won't kill anybody there, or let myself die. I plan to make it all the way to the top." He lowers his arm with a grin on his face. "I have no doubts it will be taxing on my lesser leveled body... I've actually been doing a lot of quests lately, really trying to shove my level up higher and higher!... Eventually." He shrugged his shoulders "Either way I'm going to be stronger than I am now when we get up there, and have higher defense." He knew the details of the boss, but he couldn't help but feel exhilarated by the challenge laid out for him! And then some of her earlier words clicked. "Wait... Calrex got a unique skill? Lucky dog!" He says with a dramatic sigh.

''Maybe you can start to dance with the boss. Distracting him while the rest steadily takes care of the minions. Since you can dance a pretty wild dance right?'' she said with a giggle. She looked down at her hip. Where her trusted chain hang. She detached it and held it in her hands, looking on it.''There is something we have in common. I was the first whip user to reach the frontlines. Actually, I even was the first whip user at all.'' she let out a sigh.''But I so much regret my weapon choice. In games, Ive always been going for the rogueish dagger type of characters. Low but quick damage. So I picked it as starting weapon. Dont know why, but I also went for heavy armour. Heavy armour and dagger, pfft, not a very good combination. At least I could change to whip, fits the heavy armour a little bit more then dagger at least. But if we ever gonna be able to change weapon skill. I'll change into another. Well, enough about me. Why did you picked wild dance to begin with?''

Kalesh smirked mischievously to Zandra and said "Ohh, you want me to style all over the boss? Show him who the King of Dance is in this world?" He chuckled softly and rolled his eyes a little before saying "There actually is a sword art called 'Shadow Dance' which is pretty much what you think." He chuckled happily and said with a grin "We have eveb more in common then, because I'm the first wild claw user too! I was using a katana before the update hit. Quickly picked up claws... As for the why..." He hummed softly in thought while thinking about how to put it, his chin resting against his hand. "It just feels wicked." He grinned happily "Like, feral and... well, wild. No fancy sword tricks, no messing around, just me, my hands, and using them to tear my enemies apart!" He chuckled softly and shrugged his shoulders "That's as close to a reason as I got, honestly. It just fits me I think... I actually started out in heavy armor with a greatsword, full reversal, eh?" He was now in light gear and holding no sword at all!

So, just like Zandra, Kalesh was the first to switch to the other of the two newest weapon-types.''Yeah, it would be cool to use wild dance. Thou Im not sure it would fit me. Well, I do some wild dances sometimes, but thats not in combat.''she said with a smile and a wink.''Well, now when the boss is dead, I dont see much reason to stay here do you?'' she looked around in the boss-room. There wasnt realy anything special now that the boss was dead.''I also have a few quests I need to do before the big boss fight to increase my chance of survival.'' she followed Kalesh and leaved him at the entrance to the town to get to the warp plaza.''Good luck with leveling and looking forward to fight alongside you in the boss fight. See ya!''