[PP-F12] Legendary Lightning Lizard-Like Leviathan Lord <Lord of the Seas>(Mack)

Kalesh had been floating the boat he normally used for his fishing on this floor, letting the calm water just support him as he relaxed and enjoyed the breeze with his line in the water. To this day he figured this floor was just about the best place for fishing. Water everywhere, and you don't even need to leave the safezone to do it, and you could very likely explore much of the floor by boat as well. He enjoyed fishing out of all the professions since it didn't require much effort save in short bursts. He could spend hours just slacking off and napping and pass it off as work without a second thought if he got just a single bite that day. It was a good fit for him he liked to think. 

Today however was fairly different than the usual fairly calm days. There was a powerful storm brewing in the sky above and he knew what that tended to mean. Kalesh sighed as he pulled himself up and onto the dock before the winds or rain became too strong and left him in the water fully clothed. He unequips all his fishing gear and begins to put on his fighting/adventuring gear. He heard a crack of thunder and saw lightning, and his suspicions were confirmed. With a toothy smile he starts to type up a private message to the former leader of the Crimson Blades who was called @Mack. In the message he asked if the other player would be willing to help him out in taking on the Lord of the Seas with Kalesh on floor twelve. Once it was sent he eagerly awaited the reply as the water started to come down harder and faster by the minute. In his mind he was going to have to work somewhat fast to get out there before another player decided to try and take his kill. With the storm they had almost no chance of making it towards the boss by boat, so they'd have to trudge through the land unfortunately. In either case Kalesh was waiting by the teleporter, eager to see if Mack would take up his request or if he'd have to start inviting people via roulette.

Mack looked up from his forge on the fourth floor at the sound of an incoming message. Beyond the four walls and tent flap that comprised his shop there was a small blizzard going on outside on the fourth floor. His familiar, Chewie the bear cub, for his part was lounging near the forge where it was nice and warm while he gnawed on some kind of rawhide chew toy that Mack had given him from a failed crafting attempt, growing and pawing at the thing. Swiping his right finger in the air in front of him, the ginger man pulled up his player menu and scrolled through his messages. His eyes scanned what Kalesh had said and the Vice Commander shrugged. 

Why not?

Shouldering his axe and pulling his snow white crimson trimmed hood up over his head, Mack stepped out into the blizzard and quickly made his way to the Portal Plaza to get up to the twelfth floor. Emerging into the teeth of the gathering storm the axe man began looking around for Kalesh.

Kalesh grinned as he saw Mack exit through the teleport plaza, his hand waving as he approached the massive man. "Hey, thanks for coming!" He said with no lack of happiness in his voice. It would have been annoying to need to wait for the next time the monster decide to spawn and go on a rampage. "It's been a while since we spoke, how's the guild doing? The smith shop?" He tried to at least seem a little courteous, Mack was doing him a favor after all, but his eyes did occasionally flash upward towards the sky as if to trying to find something.

Feeling it would be best to get the main stuff out of the way he said "Alright, quick mission briefing, we will be heading in..." He waits a few seconds more for a lightning bolt, grinning and pointing in the direction the bolt had connected with the earth in the distance. "That direction to try and find the field boss I mentioned in my PM. I am pretty sure any boats will just get upturned in the storm, so we'll be going on foot... It'll get muddy." He crosses his arms as the rain kept falling, soaking into his red hair. He was happy he wore a jacket most of the time right now. "Have you battled Sea Wyvern before? I haven't, but this is the floor I spend the most time on. Mostly observation and guessing, I'll be honest... But would you be okay with playing the role of tank once we find the wyvern in question?" He pushes his fingers into his head and starts to scratch nervously. He didn't consider himself a leader by any means, so he was sure there might have been spots where Mack would have done better than he in preparing them for the fight to come.

"The guild and shop are doing fine," the ginger giant replied, rolling his head around on his neck to pop it would several loud cracks. "I started this quest once with Hikoru and Kiru, but we got derailed, and I don't mind tanking the sea monster. I'm better equipped to handle that task than you are, I think. No offense intended, of course," the Vice Commander continued, shrugging his shoulders and drawing his weapon as a fork of lightning flashed overhead. "I assume you've got the quest active, so lead the way and let's get this creature knocked out. Maybe we'll even find a sub-dungeon along the way. A little more experience points never hurt anyone."

He nodded in response to the simple, not particularly expecting more but was happy to hear it none-the-less. "I see. Well, then I guess now you are getting your chance, hurrah for mutual gains!" He says with a slight smile on his face as he started to lead the way towards the boss. His navigation strategy wasn't overly complex. The creature used lightning, and likely needed to get its energy from somewhere while rampaging. He figured if he followed the lightning strikes he'd eventually approach the creature itself. "No offense taken. I'm not exactly wearing a set of plate!" The crimson haired man chuckled softly as he brushes some water from his long black jacket. "And a sub-dungeon, hm? If we can find one that wouldn't do me any bad I suppose. Sure, I'm in!" he says confidently despite his level and equipment. Nothing risked nothing gained as some circles would like to say. 

Leading the way out of the town and into the wilderness which was wetter than usual, Kalesh was rather swiftly made aware of the muddy ground as his foot sank into the ground and required a little force to be pulled free with each step. He glanced back to Mack and said "Hope that armor isn't too heavy" He winked, meaning it more in jest than actual worry. He doubted that mud of all things was going to be a problem for the vice commander.

OOC; Let me know when you want to spawn Lindsey the Magical Lapras...

"You get used to it," the Vice Commander replied with a shrug, pulling up the snow white hood of his cloak to cover his head and thanking his good fortune to have had the cloak waterproofed long ago. It was a simple vanity to waterproof something, but it certainly came in handy from time to time. Especially now as he and Kalesh traveled through the ever increasing storm. Once they had passed beyond the boundaries that denoted where the safe zone ended and the floor truly began, Mack reached back over his left shoulder with his right hand and drew his two-handed axe. "So, why'd you check in with me before tackling this quest," the Vice Commander asked, quirking an eyebrow in Kalesh's direction.

Kalesh nodded in understanding "I suppose you'd have to. Still, can't imagine the mud's gonna do your armor any favors if you fall over or something." He found a smile crossing his lips as he followed the lightning strikes towards what he hoped would be the creature attracting them. He raised a brow though when Mack asked why Kalesh would call on him. "Hm... Well, several reasons if I am honest. I am scheming like that." He says with a shrug before quickly adding "The wyvern we're hunting is one of the toughest quest bosses that can be taken on, and you are one of the toughest people in this game. Put two and two together on that, and I got the plan... Reason number two is because you've helped me out in the past, so I figured you'd be willing, especially since that's part of your guild's goal." He reaches back and runs a clawed hand through his crimson hair. "Aaaaand because I don't consider you an enemy or someone who'd stab me in the back. I like to think you're too honorable for that kind of thing. We don't need to agree on everything and anything, that's just a given with humanity, but if nothing else I'm not hostile, and want out of here just as much as most people." He hoped his explanation was satisfactory, it was the only one he could really provide. He and Mack had never been on bro-fist terms, but he didn't dislike the axe using player by any stretch.

((OOC: My plan was to spawn it at post 10 or so, that way we have a few rounds to kill it and then roll for the dungeon on turn 15ish, if that's still on the table by then~))

OOC: Sounds good, but we can't dungeon roll until the 20th post. I don't have the right mods and such.

The Vice Commander shrugged his broad shoulders from beneath his crimson trimmed snow white cloak that bore the symbol of the Knights of the Blood Oath as he listened to Kalesh's explanation for choosing him. It all made logical sense as near as the ginger giant could tell. He was one of the toughest players in the game, a few obvious holdouts like Takao, Calrex, and Heathcliff not withstanding. He was well known as being someone that was against player killing, outside of defending himself or another player. He did have the reputation for helping other players, most notably the occasional charity that was offered to lower-leveled players in the form of free equipment from the shop. And, while they likely had their disagreements on some issues, the two of them couldn't be considered to be enemies. "Makes sense to me," the axe man rumbled, his deep voice being lost momentarily in the boom of a thunderclap.

Kalesh nodded in agreement "I'd hope so... So, are we cool?" He asks the vice commander curiously while glancing to him, each step he made accompanied with the squelch of mud as they got deeper and deeper into the wilderness. The lightning strikes were becoming louder and brighter as they got nearer and nearer to their mark. "I really do look forward to experiencing the front lines, not that I expect it to easy on me... Someone has to represent the Wild Dance demographic in this game, it might as well be me..." He idly brings a clawed finger to his chin, not cutting himself with it. "... I wonder... if I'm the strongest Wild Dance user, would that make me the King of Dance? Dancing King?... I'm not going to settle for 'Dancing Queen' even if the song is decently well known..." It seemed his mind had gotten sidetracked a bit. When something caught his interest he tended to mull it over and regurgitate his thoughts. "Eh, anyways I have a single safeguard potion, and a single teleport crystal. If I need to get out, I can get out." He says in the hopes that the boss wouldn't simply kill him in one hit or something like that.

"How about Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance," Mack asked, quirking an eyebrow at Kalesh and adopting his best, and horrendously bad, Irish accent. "Personally, I'm not too scared of this monster," the crimson clad Vice Commander rumbled, considering everything he knew about the sea monster. All things being equal, to a player of his level there didn't seem to be much to worry about. Not that Mack wasn't still taking the fight seriously. After all, any monster or mob could result in a conflict that could be a player's last. Therefore, it was foolish to be cocky or overconfident when you were outside of a safe zone. "I should be able to tank this, and a mini dungeon if we find one with no problems."

Kalesh snickered at Mack's suggested "Hmmm... 'Lord' of the Dance'..." He gestures towards the lightning "Versus the Lord of the Seas? That actually sounds pretty good for me, though I don't know if I can tapdance that amazingly." He grins, not particularly disliking the title if he was honest. It actually sounded pretty nice and got the point across!... Plus Lord was a bit less pretentious compared to King in his eyes. When the conversation shifted to the monster in question, Kalesh nodded in understanding. "Can't say I blame you, you probably have, like, double my SP for durability and other things." He sized Mack up for a moment by his gear and such before shrugging his shoulders and adding "I'm still building up my base, y'know? I have my offense 'perfected' skill-wise. My defense still needs some work... After that is done I'll start focusing on the excess stuff." He rolls his eyes "I'm actually considering going back to heavy armor if there is another stat reset. If not I'll make do, but I have many plans to make these..." He glances at his claws "More useful for me... That aside, I'm always up for a dungeon... unless the boss here proves to tear my soul asunder." He chuckled weakly and glances up, suddenly lifting his arm in a 'hold up' gesture as he heard the rumblings of a reptile and the thud of a heavy body moving through the mud. "I'd say we found it..." He says softly while gesturing just over the brush, a sudden flash of lightning lighting up the near sunless area due to the storm. They had arrived. Kalesh whispered so not to alert the monster "Alright, you wanted to tank? Then, by all means~" He got into a sprint starting position. When Mack attacked the monster he would not be far behind.

OOC: Pfft... Banana Beak is scared.

ID: 61526
BD: 11 (8+3 Amulet) [Loadout: Invictus, Pertinax, Axe Amulet]
MD: 3
[H;2] Mack: 218/218 35/47 [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x17=204 DMG]
Kalesh:
Lapras: 96/300 (-204 DMG)

"Whate'er you say, Mister Flatley," Mack rumbled, rolling his head around and cracking his neck before lacing his fingers together and cracking his knuckles. "This is how it's done," With a roar, the red-headed behemoth blasted through the undergrowth and began to charge through the gradually deepening water in the direction of the massive sea monster, drawing back his axe as he ran. Unlike some people, Mack made zero effort to remain stealthy. With his size, it simply wasn't a viable option. As he approached the beast it lashed out with its fangs, but missed. Leaping into the air, Mack whipped Invictus around his body and slammed the carbon steel head of the axe into the creature's head, dropping the health bar from green to just barely into the red with a single swing. "You're up!"

Kalesh raised a brow at the name-calling, a smirk soon crossing his lips as he confirms to himself that there really is only one sword art he can use in response to that. "Dangit, now I have to do this!" He says with rather little spite. He watched as Mack assaulted the massive lightning beast with brutal force, watching as the monster's HP dropped well below the yellow. He took a breath when it was his turn and ran forward, closing the distance and stopping on the monster's flank. Triggering a very particular sword art Kalesh starts to dance, spiing gracefully and leaving glowing slash trails through the air and across the monster in the most dancelike movements his weapons were capable of. When his dance reached it's end the monster was dead, it's HP dropping into the red and out of existance! The creature let out one final roar before shattering apart and giving Kalesh a minor reward for its defeat, besides the obvious experience and consumable rewards! "Whoo!" Kalesh says proudly of his defeat of the monster. It was a fine day when he got to both do things for the benefit of fun as well as succeed in getting victory.

ID: 61565
BD: 6 (4+2 Accessory) [Loadout: Talons of Nyarlathotep, Mercenary's Method, Mercenary's Masquerade]
MD: N/A
LD: 20 (+1 Material) [Total: 1]
[H;2] Mack: 218/218 35/47 [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x17=204 DMG]
Kalesh: 120/120 24/30 [Shadow Dance: 4x2x12=96]
Lapras: 0/300 (-96 DMG)

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: I propose we spend the next few posts whittling down the floor strength baddies we have to deal with. Then we can use what's left of the 20 post wait to search for energy regen. Stat your mobs however you need to, I made stuff I know is beyond strong enough to qualify for floor strength mob.

ID: 61587
BD: 13 (10+3)
MD: 8
LD: 18

Mack: 214/218 21/47 (50-84=1 1x4=4) [Screw Dimension: 6x2x19=228]
Kalesh:
Mud Crabs 1-4: 0/175 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg) [228-50=178=Dead Mud Crabs]

Mack planted his enormous axe in the soft muck at his feet and leaned on the broad head of the axe as Kalesh commenced his own attack on the drastically weakened boss. It didn't take long for the similarly red-headed warrior to whittle away what remained for the sea beast's health bar and cause it to explode in a shower of pixels. Shrugging his broad shoulders, the ginger giant pulled the haft of his axe from the wet sand with a sickening squelching sound. "Nicely done," he called across the short distance that separated them. As he was speaking a quartet of massive brown mud crabs emerged from their nests back on shore. In short order Mack charged the distance separating him from the crabs and dispatched them with Invictus.

+3500 Col
+4 Mats

((OOC: No complaints here! It's better than doin' nothin'!... In light of my failure however, I'll just spawn these crabs for you.))

Kalesh watched as Mack dealt with the crab creatures, a grin crossing his lips as he shrugs his shoulders "Looks like the scavengers are coming out for our scraps!" Realistically he knew this to be false, there was no corpse, but that didn't mean it was impossible they had been programmed to come out for that purpose. He noticed a small group of yet more crabs burrowing their way out from beneath his feet! Kalesh gasped and jumped to the side, as he evaded he swiped with his claws but to no avail, the panicked player's green eyes darting around a bit in surprise as the four crabs surfaced and clacked their claws angrily in warning as if acting territorial.

ID: 61588
BD: 4 (2+2)
MD: -1 (2-3)
LD: 18
CD: 10 (+2 ENG)

Mack: 214/218 21/47 (50-84=1 1x4=4) [Screw Dimension: 6x2x19=228]
Kalesh: 120/120 24/30 
Mud Crabs 1-4: 175/175 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg) 

Edited by Kalesh

ID: 61589
BD: 4 (1+3)

[H:1] Mack: 214/218 20/47
Kalesh: 120/120 24/30 
Mud Crabs 5-8: 175/175 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg) 

"Well, don't look at me," the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath rumbled, his deep voice carrying across the distance that separated him from Kalesh on the still rainy and windswept beach. "I got my four, and with a bit of luck Grave or Takao will whip them up into some lovely crab gratin tonight, if I ask them nicely and offer to share," the axe-man continued, licking his lips at the thought. After having recently completed a trade of good quality food items for free gear with Takao, Mack knew he could never go back to a diet of nothing but bread and water while he was trapped within the Aincrad tower.

Kalesh raised a brow at the mention of cooked crab, looking at Mack  He narrowed his eyes somewhat as a rare thing burned inside Kalesh. Competitive spirit. "Eh, eh, eh! If you want cooked fish, why aren't you looking for a fisherman?!" He had a grin on his face, obviously not insulted in the slightest, just playing around. He noticed some crabs angrily clacking about and approaching him "I catch my own food thank ya very much!" He tsked softly and said "I caught the sand shark on floor five for laughs!" He says proudly while idly skipping around the crabs, dodging the angry mud-soaked crustaceans who were conflicted on who they should be chasing, the flighty red-head or the sturdy red-head.

ID: 61593
BD: 4 (2+2)
CD: 2
BD: 7-2=5

[H:1] Mack: 214/218 20/47
[H:1] Kalesh: 120/120 23/30 
Mud Crabs 5-8: 175/175 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg)

((Ain't we just the luckiest people?))

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: Knock out your crabs, I'm going to begin energy regen in my next post so I'm ready for the Boss we hope to find.

ID: 61602
BD: 6 (2+3+1 [Concentration 5/5])
MD: 6
LD: 19

Mack: 210/218 6/47 (50-84=1 1x4=4) [Screw Dimension: 6x2x17=204]
Kalesh: 120/120 23/30
Mud Crabs 5-8: 175/175
Mud Crabs 9-12: 0/150 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg) [204-50=154=Dead Mud Crabs]

"Because fishermen catch fish, not crabs. Everyone knows that," Mack rumbled, still leaning upon his axe that was planted in the muck. As he was speaking, another group of dull brown crabs emerged from the sand. "Look, your crab pot has borne more fruit, as it were, Mr. Flatley. Allow me to show you how this is done, pay close attention." With a roar, Mack charged through the surf in the direction of the four newly appeared crabs. Quickly closing the distance on the new interlopers, Mack slammed into the first one before demolishing all of them with his axe in very short order. "See? Just like that."

+4 Mats
+3000 Col

[ID# 61697][CD: 12][MD: 2 - Miss]

Kalesh raised a brow at Mack and said "I passionately disagree! Crab fishing is an entire industry, and no rule says I need to fish a specific way or type of fish!" He grins mischievously "Get me a spear, I'll see if I can't harpoon something!" He says while turning his claws towards the crabs, watching as the metal tips deflected off the creature's surprisingly thick shells. Then another, and another! It was at this point Kalesh realized that the enemies had scaled up to match Mack appropriately. He tsked softly and ran towards Mack while the slow crabs tried to keep up, Kalesh grabbed a potion from under his jacket.

Instead of downing the contents however, he grabs one of Mack's arms and puts the potion in Mack's hand. "We're gonna have to cancel on that dungeon. I don't have the power to kill these enemies, but you have the stats to outrun them and escape, even if low on energy. Accept this potion as my apology for my weakness!" He says hurriedly before grabbing a teleport crystal from under his jacket. "Teleport: Lazero!" With a shimmer of light Kalesh was no longer there, but had been returned to the main settlement of the floor.

Kalesh felt regret but it had to be done to ensure his survival, if the crabs teamed up on him odds were he would not be able to survive by their damage. He made a note to purchase armor with more defense, it was first on his priority list. He also sent Mack a private message formally apologizing for needing to leave. If Mack looked at the item's description, he would see that it was named Heart of the Berserker and was a safeguard potion. If he checked who made it, it was made by Opal of all people! The name and person were purely coincidental, and actually referred to Kalesh as the berserker. It had been crafted long before Ssendom had even gained the Berserker skill. Whether Mack would realize this chain of coincidences or he would take it personally as a veiled emotional assault however was up in the air.

Mack: 210/218 6/47
Kalesh: 120/120 25/30 -Escaped-
Mud Crabs 5-8: 175/175 (50 Mit, 50 Base Dmg)

-1 Heart of the Berserker to Mack
-1 Teleport Crystal used by Kalesh

Spoiler

Name: Heart of the Berserker
Profession: Alchemist
ID:  36029
Roll: 13 [12+1]
Quality: Perfect
Type: Potion
Enhancements: Safeguard
Description: A semi sweet mixture of liquid in a small glass vial. Once drank, the next attack on the user will take no damage.

Edited by Kalesh

Before the crimson headed Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath had a chance to respond to Kaelsh the wild dancer had placed a potion in his hand and abruptly teleported from the scene. Likely because the monsters were a bit much for him to handle. Grumbling darkly under his breath, and completely ignoring the mud crabs because they would have literally had to have attacked him all day before he was in any real danger of being killed Mack nonchalantly pulled up his inventory by swiping his right index finger in the air, even as the crabs began chip away at his health bar with their pathetically weak attacks. Completely ignoring the crustaceans, Mack stored away the safeguard potion in his inventory and pulled out a teleport crystal of his own. "Teleport: Snowfrost Town."

REWARDS:

+4 SP (3 Quest, 1 Thread)
+400 Col (Kalesh)
+Safeguard Pot (Mack)
+Lightning Rod (Paralysis Pot)
-1 Teleport Crystal (Both Players)