Martial Arts Weapons

Hey everyone! I had a question on the weapons used for Martial Arts, and I was hoping I could get some clarification and, if necessary, an appending to the rules to include some more details.

So as it stands right now, there are essentially two options for Martial Arts weapons: Hand wraps (Tailor) or Gauntlets (Blacksmith). According to the Enhancement guide, Tailors can put the Unarmed Damage enhancement on "Clothing (hand wraps only)". That leads me to believe Hand Wraps are a Clothing-type item. Does that mean they can be made with different Clothing-type enhancements (Loot Die)? Logic says yes, but I doubt that's supposed to be the case. Now under Blacksmith, Unarmed Damage can be added to "Heavy Armor (gauntlets/hand-wraps only)". So now, Gauntlets are Heavy Armor and Hand Wraps are either Heavy Armor or Clothing. Same question, can Gauntlets/Hand Wraps be crafted with other Heavy Armor enhancements (Thorns, Damage Mitigation)?

The most confusing thing is that I've seen Gauntlets made with Weapon enhancements (i.e. +1 Unarmed Damage, +1 Paralyze). Are Martial Arts weapons able to have other Weapon enhancements on them?

What do you guys think? Since the rules on Martial Arts weapons are currently a little vague, I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks they should be!

So just to clarify:

All weapons that can be used with Martial Arts (gauntlets/hand wraps) can have Weapon and/or Armor enhancements? So, for a list of what can be added to them by profession:

Blacksmith:

• Unarmed Damage
  • Damage Mitigation
  • Paralyze
  • Bleed
  • Thorns
  • Accuracy
  • Heavy Momentum
  • Keen
  • Regen
  • Recovery

Tailor:

• Unarmed Damage
  • Thorns
  • Evasion
  • Savvy
  • Light Momentum
  • Recovery
  • Damage Mitigation

If this is correct, I guess I would request this be clarified in the Enhancement Guide. Or, if I can just suggest this to be included in some of the rule clean-up that I understand is going on. Thanks!

Note: I guess that's just a little disappointing for what I wanted to do with my equipment. I prefer to stick with only light armor, and hand wraps that are made of cloth or other light material was what I wanted. So it would only make sense to get that from a Tailor, but the Weapon enhancements I want (Paralyze) can only be gotten from a blacksmith.

Edited by Asteria
52 minutes ago, Asteria said:

Note: I guess that's just a little disappointing for what I wanted to do with my equipment. I prefer to stick with only light armor, and hand wraps that are made of cloth or other light material was what I wanted. So it would only make sense to get that from a Tailor, but the Weapon enhancements I want (Paralyze) can only be gotten from a blacksmith.

Yes, this is something I find a little unfair, again putting Heavy Armour users on a higher pedestal than Light Armour users; handwraps can only get damage and no other enhancement, as well as whips. Would be cool if these two weapons would be able to use weapon enhancements that Blacksmiths use.

It's an oversight I am pretty certain.

I don't think there is a single staff member who would deny a tailor when making unarmed weapons/whips with weapon enhancements available to blacksmiths. Why? Because tailor has no unique enhancements to make up for it for their weapons. If tailors can't, then you should start a vote to remove the weapons entirely from tailor and make them Blacksmith only, with the options of having cloth handwraps, or a vote to make it very clear that these weapon types can use all weapon enhancements.