[PP-F10] Hiding out in Yomi. Nobody ever goes to Yomi. (Opal)

It was the day after the floor meeting had occurred and the crimson haired player was on full alert. His paranoia was running on overdrive on every level. Huddled on the bed of an inn on one of the darkest and most avoided floor in the game was Kalesh with a blanket over his body and tucked over his head so only his face was poking out. Reasonably speaking he didn't have any reason to be as worried as he was, but he wasn't always very reasonable when a conspiracy theory hits his head and manages to stick. It was rare, but it did happen. "What was I thinking..." He mutters weakly while pulling the blankets tighter around himself. He was facing the door, as if ready for it to get kicked down or something. "I spoke out against one of the most influential people, in one of the most influential guilds..." He let out a loud and dramatic sigh. "With a wave of his hand a legion of assassins or just guys with armor and swords could wipe me off the face of Aincrad..." He flopped over onto his side, still surrounded in blankets as his eyes stared at the door.  He idly considered why players avoided this floor as if it were the plague. Likely because of the undead NPC, gloomy atmosphere, and decayed buildings. For good or ill, it was a fantastic place for hiding in his mind as nobody liked to stick around. They'd do their quest and then head home without delay. Even despite that however, he found himself clutching his teleport crystal tight for if he needed to make an emergency escape to protect his life. He knew deep down he had almost nothing to be worried about and that his words were likely just shrugged off as the voice of a nobody pretending he was somebody, but that didn't stop the creeping fear in the back of his mind that the off-chance could be reality. He had not slept the previous night despite his best efforts, every creak in the floorboards waking him up by sheer worry.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She should have been outraged by the situation. Those twats would not take her for her sincere word, but that was their paranoia and in the end, her status as a member of Laughing Coffin gave her grief. Again, that was fine. She would not change it for the world and if it meant she could not have one of those talismans then she can at least make the player's fighting the boss and his three-hundred minions as miserable as they could. 

"It would be hard for them to slay the dregs when they are stunned and taking damage." The woman said flicking snow white hair off her shoulders.

"What was that Master?" the green imp Jaken did not understand the comment, it was random and out of the blue for Opal to say such things. She narrowed her eyes at the creature. "Yesterday, the talismans?" The green imp nodded, now he was remembering, "So you plan on killing the players? Wouldn't that make you even MORE less trust worthy for future plans?" he asked holding his staff with both hands and looking up. 

"It would not matter. Anything I do will not win their hearts over. In their eyes I am the cold blooded murderer that decimated and destroyed the one they knew as the Berserker. But those words they spoke, self righteous cunts. Let me tell you, they had the gall to call me a murderer. But an Orange Player a friend!? Both Zelrius and Dom were player killers, nobody questioned them or why they had done it! And yet they were fine with taking orders from the Brigade. Until I stepped..." 

The green imp jumped when her words were spoken loudly and aggressively. He turned his expression downcast and shuffled his feet as they walked, he had no comment to make towards her or what had happened, "The moment I killed an Orange Player, I was declared Public Enemy number one. I wonder if I had done it in private, would they see me the same way? If it was in self defense? If it was the good of Aincrad!?" she shouted once more stopping and yelling at herself trying to make reason with the invisible spectrum to those who had slain her words at the meeting and cut her down for her logic. She whipped her body around, "For everything I had did for those Punks! They have NO RIGHT to QUESTION ME! I built the Blood Oath, I strengthened their Bond! I brought those infidels together to form a better Aincrad. And this...This is how I am treated! I will make them fuckin' rot. Every last one of them..." 

Jaken stopped, his heart was racing and pounding. A simple sweep of that katana could end his life in a matter of moments. He gulped when her angry eyes turned cold and desolate, her finger joints cracking as she carried on and complained. The green imp swallowed hard once more when she told him to follow him. 

"So why this floor then?" Jaken asked hoping to move the subject along.

"Because... I wish to visit a friend." 

Having locked himself in his room for a night and a day Kalesh's stomach began to rumble. He was naturally becoming hungry and with a heartfelt sigh he pushed himself out of the bed he had confined himself to. He had fish in his inventory as usual, but he hadn't cooked it ahead of time. With a deep breath he places his teleport crystal back into his jacket's inner pockets and started to step out of his room. The inn he was staying in doubled as a tavern, so he was able to head downstairs and find a public fire for adventurers who preferred to cook their own food instead of spending col. He did not trust the food that would be served by the undead. Plus the sound of armored footsteps against the creaky and eroded wooden stairs would be very obvious.

Internally he was still steaming, muttering under his breath in the otherwise empty tavern area save for a few zombie-waifu-waitresses walking around and cleaning tables. He didn't understand how a guild like the Blood Oath could claim the word justice as their own. It made him fear for the future and their boldness. 'Who watches the watchmen' among other phrases filled his mind as he huddled next to a fire with a frying pan he took from his inventory. It wasn't often he cooked, leaving that to the chefs, but fish was one thing he figured he had to know how to cook. Not many people would like to eat uncooked fish on the bone, himself included, so for the sake of his customers he tried his best... if he had any. After pouring some oil into the pan he took out some fish, slicing off the meat with his clawed fingers and letting it fall into the pan dexterously before he tossed the remains aside to shatter apart into nothing.

The scent of cooked fish could be smelled throughout the room and out the entrance as he prepared his meal, especially when he started to toss on a few herbs that could be found growing around his usual fishing grounds. "Uuuugh..." He mutters softly as his thoughts kept resurfacing about how the Blood Oath would just murder someone and call it just. At what point would they draw the line, or would it get worse with time? "I give it seven floors before they just off people who are 'holding them back' for the 'good of all' and nobody with a fear of death questions them..." He sighed softly and threw his head back with a sigh "But, I guess that's why I have to be there..." He keeps muttering along as he reaches down and flips the fish over. What did he have to fear? Pain and the like weren't going to be a problem even if he wasn't wearing his clawed gauntlets. He had no idea Opal wanted to find him, and his attention was focused on making sure his meal was cooked well, occasionally tipping the fish up with a claw to check the progress before getting a plate out. "No special properties, but damn you're going to be tasty... I hope..."

"You wouldn't be the first man to say that to me..." the woman spoke up. While Kalesh was having his own monologue, the woman had blended in with the rest of the inn, her ebony armor almost translucent to the darkness around her but the fire roaring in the pit was noted and the smell of seasons fish had led her to this very spot. It was only a miracle by default that she found the man. Trying not to spook him, she straightened her body out and smiled, thick lips curving into a smile as she sat down on a lofty chair and shifted one leg over the other. 

"I never got a chance to say thank you for what you said back there at the meeting. To be honest, I've been keeping tabs on you since you left. I have eyes and ears everywhere, and its funny that you pick this floor where rampant player killers such as Laughing Coffin enjoy most of their time. We actually have a base not too far from this place. Its closer to the Stygian but green player killers are able to reside here. Listen Kalesh..."

The woman sighed slightly and leaned in her seat as she looked into the roaring flame, "Thank you. For those words. I know it may not sound like much and I am sure you said them out of your own will and possibly not in defense to me personally, but still I find it convincing enough that you did. For my sake or not, thank you. It has been difficult lately. I understand there is no trust between myself and the other frontliners. I made this my path a long time ago, and I am more than ready enough to continue on it. However, I may lie and cheat every once in awhile. But I still have some semblance of honor and truth. It is besides the point now. They have shown their colors and their color will flood the streets one day, if not by my hands then someone elses." The woman gave a shrug and leaned back in her chair once more as Jaken, her familiar sat crossed legged on the floor by the fire and placed his staff along his lap and seemed to meditate for the moment. 

Kalesh halted his breathing when he heard a voice not his own, not about to jump or make a sudden move in his current state. Instead he turned his head around to see Opal, her hair being a part of her that wasn't very good at blending in the dark which he appreciated mentally. He let out his breath and started breathing again, smiling softly as he said "Hello, Opal, and I wasn't saying it to you, you've got a decent amount going for you unlike this fish." He took the pan off the fire and poured the fish onto his plate as he approached the table she sat at, pulling up a seat next to her while setting his fish down. "Want some?" He asks curiously as his emerald eyes give her a once over curiously to see what gear she was wearing today. That's what he told himself anyways as his clawed finger slicked the fish apart and he impales a piece before popping it into his mouth.

He listened closely to her words as she thanked him, something he hadn't expected but made him smile and his pale skin flush a bit in embarrassment. He did find his eyes glancing around a little at the mention of PKers but he didn't overreact, he was in a safe zone and would have plenty of time to teleport away if somebody made a move for him right now. He continued his meal idly before finally saying "... It actually means a lot to hear that someone else is happy I said those words... They need to know their authority isn't absolute, and I am upset that the job had to be mine. I mean, I am hoping that I'm not the first." He momentarily wondered if there were and they were dead, or if there weren't and the frontliners stood back out of fear or turned a blind eye due to usefulness.

He sighed and scratched his head carefully with one of the knuckles on his fingers. "It's just... Call it what it is, I don't like political bull where people try to make their actions look better... Them using 'justice' as a cloak just infuriated me..." He started to tap the leather sole of his boot against the ground in irritation. "I may regret saying what I said because I like being alive and I don't know how it will be received... but I'll be damned if I don't give them a grounding voice. Mack invited me to join the Crimson Blades when they were a thing and I said no. He already knows that I'm not going to start saluting and goosestepping... But I don't think he was expecting an outsider to tell him to watch his words... And instead of giving me a straight answer, he opts to threaten and lecture me. Xion at least kept a level head..." He grits his teeth and clawed fingers drag across the table as he forms a fist , whatever had been stewing in him until now coming out "He practically suggested I was plotting to kill them!... No offense, but does he think I am in Laughing Coffin? Just because I don't smile and nod and tell him he is right?! 'my allies' going to drop the knights?... I've been back maybe a month now, and already I'm under suspicion... God, I hope the final-hit drop of that boss is some amazing two-handed axe or heavy armor that Mack wants, and I get it and can dangle it."

He panted softly as he finished his venting, a lot of emotion having poured out at once as he says "Sorry... Just had to get that out..." He inhales deeply through his nose as he slices off another chunk of fish, this time holding it out to her from the tip of his claw. "I'd bet you a thousand col that if Ssendom were alive, he never would have suggested orange players shouldn't get the tags... He had a unique skill, yeah?" He smiles weakly and said "... I wasn't exactly talking about you specifically back then, but it was in defense of you to a point I admit. I'd rather not see you die. You've been good to me, so far as I'm concerned..." He turns an eye over to Jaken and says "Hey, Imp, your kind eat fish? You can have a piece as big as your fist." He wasn't greedy... Well, he was, but he enjoyed sharing his wealth.

They were sympathetic eyes, he seemed to be struggling with the words he used against Mack and his Knights of the Blood Oath. Opal turned to her familiar as he ran towards the table, and looked at Opal, "If you want. I am not very hungry right now. You can feed Jaken, it won't do anything to him." Opal's finger circled the table, her nail making an indent into it as she nodded. 

"When I was the Vice Commander, I spoke at length with Commander Heathcliff on what the ideal guild would be. His dream and my own were to make a guild for the Front Lines as clearers, not vengeful Player Killers. I even made rules that stated no one would intercept or decide to play Judge, Jury and Executioner. Those ideals are no longer a standard now that Mack is Vice Commander. His guild is just out for blood now...I guess that fair considering the name, but that's not the way I wanted to leave the Guild. I can't do anything about it now. Unless I kill them all." 

The woman shrugged, "I know what you are going through. I have a big target on my back as well. Not just the Knights, but a lot of players as well. When you publicly announce to the Front Lines after killing a player you are part of a PKing Guild, word gets out pretty quick and people know who you are by reputation. I've been called so many things; but sticks and stones ya know?" The woman's finger stopped digging into the table. 

"I can't promise to keep you safe, Kalesh. You are my friend as well, I would like to believe we have a good bond going. I can supply you with a few low level uncommon potions.Or, I think I have a few safeguards still around. Being an alchemist has its charms." Offering a small smile the woman cycled through her inventory with a pointed finger dropping items into the trade window for him.

Trade to Kalesh:
x2 Safeguards
x5 [+20 HP Recovery Pots]

"Hmm..." she hummed a bit, "Or...ya know. I could possibly stay with you longer? Not as a bodyguard or anything. You watch my back and I'll watch yours?" She wasn't exactly sure where she was going with that, "I would assume if they are attempting to hunt you down, going out and leveling up would be a pain in the ass. You and I can team up like we used to do. My skills have become deadly." She gave a sharp laugh, holding a hand over her mouth as she did so and shook her head, "I suppose you already knew that." 

Kalesh nodded in understanding as he looked to Jaken, offering the piece of fish that was on offer to Opal to the imp instead. He was just being courteous in his mind, thinking it rude not to offer some food to those who have none. With that settled though he started to eat much faster. Some hot food filling his stomach was a pleasant feeling as he gobbled the last of his meal before returning the plate itself to his inventory.

He nodded softly as Opal talked about her time in Mack's place and the ideals she had brought forth. They all sounded good, and like ideals he could agree with for sure. "... Well, you aren't wrong, I am somehow doubting they'd invite you back in, so changing it from the inside out doesn't seem like an option..." He manages a weak chuckle before shrugging his shoulders and sitting back in his seat, his arms being placed behind his head as he crossed a leg over the other and watched her circle. "Though it's a bit harder to kill a guild than an individual y'know. Ideas live on, even if the leaders die." He didn't know of the plan she had told Jaken about, just that she had admitted to him in the past that murder was not outside the realm of possibility against the guild. "I've only heard what happened from you and Takao, but it is true that a lot of people are having trust issue... But hey, at least not everybody." He smirked, not just referring to himself. He faintly remembered someone else approaching her at the meeting.

When he got a trade request full of potions he raised a brow and said "... Are you sure you want to give me these? I mean, not going to look the gift horse in the mouth..." He taps the accept button and continues "But you better stay alive longer than these potions last, or else I'm going to feel guilty." He winks, a smile crossing his lips as he nods in agreement "I'd say our bond is pretty decent, but don't worry, I would never expect you, or anybody to protect me..." He groaned and put a hand against his face "I need to fight my own battles, so to speak..." He puts his claw down and says "I've been training hard ever since the meeting. I've already pushed myself five levels since then, and I'm not planning to stop... My goal is to reach thirty five before the boss fight." He smirked, unsure if it was realistic or not, but it would be a bit hard to doubt the possibility with the progress in mind.

"However..." He says after a second "Travelling together as friends, that is something I think I can agree with... It'd be nice, after being a loner save the odd bit of help until now." He turns an eye towards a nearby window and says "... There are a couple of field bosses here that I had been thinking of taking on... Y'know, since I am in the area." He chuckles weakly, even if PKers dropped by this floor, he felt safer around them than around people in crusader armor. "If you don't mind, of course. And you'd better be deadly, you don't get into PvP unless you are good with your weapons!" He grinned as he remembered his last attempt at fighting a player. It was at the S&Z tournament that for some reason never continued after his fight. As the gears in his head were turning he soon found himself with a smirk across his face as he looks into Opal's eyes and asks "Say... You wouldn't happen to still have that outfit you wore when you were Vice Commander still?" He licks his lips "During our off time later on, assuming that's still on the table, I think I could get some catharsis from this whole situation done... If you are into that type of thing." He winks mischievously, finding the idea interesting if nothing else. A way to get his frustration at the guild and stress out all in one go!

"Like I said, being an alchemist has its perks. They are items I can recreate anytime..." the woman shifted her legs, one over the other in the opposite manner as her body leaned in from the table and propped her head up on the palms of her hands watching Kalesh finish of his fish and Jaken burping loudly enough for them to hear, "Oh! Haha, excuse me. Thank you." The green imp picked up his staff once more and returned to the roaring fire of the Inn and sat in front of it to once more begin his meditative stance. 

The comments aroused by the Wild Dancer about pvp struck Opal, she gave a careless nod to him. "With the right skills, pvp can turn things around rather quickly. I have found parry to be pretty useful. There are a few Uniques I wouldn't mind having my hands on as well. I have challenge two players so far and they both chickened out. One of them being Zero who once held the Darkness Blade, the other was that sniveling child Hikoru who has Shadowed Path. Oh, I suppose that makes three. I challenged Lowenthal when he had Shadowed Path. These chumps claim they are strong and then we they are given a challenge, they run away with their tails between their legs. Some front liners, huh?" 

The woman shifted her eyes from the green imp who was meditating by the fire to Kalesh when he was acting a bit more personal. She was beginning to put two and two together from what he was asking her to do, "Yes. I still have my old Vice Commander stuff; if you are into that. I don't mind part taking in such an erotic event...But you have to promise me...to wear the claws this time." 

She smiled, thick black lips looking back at him. She rapped against the table twice with her knuckles as her body moved, "I can help you with whatever quest you want. On this floor we'll need to be a little bit more prepared. I have a few potions that will brighten the area around us so we can move through the darkness of this floor. If you are up to it, we can go check out some of the dungeons around here. Did you know Mari the Player Killer also keeps her tent on this floor? People give her a bad rap. If you are full, we can go now. I'll help collecting some materials for you as well. Are you up for a little late night hunting?"

He nodded in understanding, snickering softly to himself as he was reminded how well-off other players were when it came to their profession. "Hey, fair enough, I'll be sure to put them to good use." He opened his menus and started swiping around, putting things in particular orders and just general getting things organized "... My inventory has never been this swamped... You aren't the only alchemist lady whose been giving me freebies, Zandra tossed me uncommon damage and mitigation potions." He chuckles softly and notices his old first tier claws as well. "... Should probably vendor my old claws..." he quickly shakes his head, noticing he was getting caught up he closes his menus and gives Jaken a thumbs up. He wasn't the first familiar he had fed with his excess fish. Mack's bear, Zandra's bird, Ariel's lion... Ironically he had no familiar himself yet!

When Opal mentioned about how everybody was denying her challenges he couldn't help but chuckle. "That's actually kinda hilarious. They have the advantage of a skill nobody can use, but won't actually use it... And uh... Never met Zero. Does he turn up a lot?" He shrugged his shoulders, that being the one name he didn't know. "I had considered challenging Ssendom for his unique skill... Let's face it, claw weapons and just running wild and benefiting from it? What's not to love?" He sighed softly "Buuut he was leagues ahead of me even before I 'vanished'." He finds his eyes looking to Opal with a wide smile. "Hey, silver lining... I have a second chance... Maybe. I can think of at least two Blood Oaths who will likely clamor for it." A decent number of their members were two-handers after all. Even as the most powerful Wild Dancer Kalesh knew that he was weaker than them.

When Opal figured out what he was getting at he was a bit surprised by her reaction, but that surprise soon turned to a pleased feeling in his mind and body alike. "Well, I am into that... Among other things." Dragging his chair a little closer to Opal he reaches out a clawed finger and slowly runs the dull upper side down along her neck slowly before crossing her collar and hooking his claw into her clothes. They had gotten far more intimate than that simple touch, and they were in a safezone besides. "And I promise, the claws are staying on." He smirked as his mind went rampant with images but he tried to quiet them in favor of not spoiling the main event. With the simple gesture done he unhooks his claw from her and takes his hand back, his curiosity sated and his appetite whet.

When the conversation turned towards question he nodded in understanding and said "I'd welcome any form of help, really. And having light to negate the darkness would be a huge help I imagine." He considered the rest of her words and said "Well, I would certainly be happy to get some dungeons done and gather materials!... I've some armor in mind to better suit my weapon." He brings a hand to his head and taps a finger to his head "Slowly, I am working it together." With that said however he raised a brow and said "I didn't know that, actually..." He scratches his head unsure. He didn't know if he had a memory block or if he really didn't know her. "Can't say if we've met before... Either way, it'd be two on one." He winks to Opal playfully, not actually expecting trouble though. "I'll... Uh... Try not to waste them all on fishing." He grinned, doubting he needed to elaborate. "In short, late night hunting on the darkest floor with one of the deadliest ladies in Aincrad? Sign me up, the fear and adrenaline will keep me at my peak!" He says while pushing himself up and onto his legs.

"Let's go gain a few levels then, Doll." Opal stood up and stretched her arms out over her head. Making a sharp look towards Jaken she called him by his name. Propping up to his feet and dusting himself off, he clammered towards Opal and shook his head, "Ready to go Mistress!" The Green Player Killer nodded and looked to Kalesh, "I'm ready as well. But we'll need to use these potions." 

==
Traded to Kalesh
x1 Twinkling Star Aura
Description: Small little dust flakes that look like shining stars bob and dance
around a player's body illuminating the area around them 7 feet by 7 wide. 
x1 Mitigation Pot [+36 Mit]
==

With the trade menu once activated again, Opal placed a simple silver vial into the empty space and flicked her menu, "Take that potion as soon as you step outside. It'll last through the entirety of our adventure. We'll be able to see a quite a few feet away from ourselves, however the monsters will still get a toe up on us unless we both have Night Vision. Which I am lacking at the moment." 

With her directions given, Opal stepped outside into the darkness. Yomi was not one for being a pleasant and delightful place for players. Getting a negative score in accuracy was already a pain in the ass against the hard to see through darkness. Opal used one of the Twinkling Star potions and crushed the vial in her hand. The liquid dropped from her palms towards the ground creating a sort of harmonic tone as bright stars soon fluttered about her body radiating a special luminous aura. She turned to Kalesh and smiled, waiting for him to get his potion used. With her hand stretched out, Masamune X fell into her hands and she swept the long seven foot blade side to side, its purple blade hissing through the air. 

"Alright. Unlike last time I have mastered my Sneak & HIde skill offering me a Mod in Surprise Attack. You won't be able to see me, but I'll be keeping my eyes on you. Just follow the twinkling stars and you'll be able to see me when I am in hiding. However the mobs won't. Let's go slay us some monsters." 

-
Notes: Stealthed LD: 22+
+4  Dmg Pot Used

Edited by Opal

Kalesh grinned and happily nodded, looking the two potions over curiously. He was being spoiled rotten lately by alchemists! As he followed Opal outside and listened to her instructions he decided to follow her example. With the star potion in his hand he easily crushes it in his claws. Before long he too was surrounded in the glow which illuminated her body and in his opinion really highlighted her beautiful form against the darkness. He gave a whistle when he saw the large katana, this being the first time he had seen it in action. He momentarily felt envy, his weapons relatively simple compared to the glowing weapon. For a moment he was tempted to try and look for her without the glow when she decided to be stealthy but figured he would let Opal do her thing and be all sneaky.

This reminded Kalesh to look over his equipment to make sure he hadn't undressed anything vital while in his room. After a moment of patting around he confirmed that his accuracy and evasion accessory was on, and his jacket wasn't the fancy thorn jacket he had recently acquired. The goal of today was to not get hit for the most part. "Alright, hunting monsters, let's do just that!" He says as he steps forward with his claws at the ready to react. "I've got some points into my armor, and I'd offer to tank some blows for you but I still need to get some more armor crafted... After that I'd be happy to <Howl> for you all night long." With Opal being stealthy, if she missed any monsters they'd hone in towards him first. Still, he was prepared for that and looked forward to seeing what the monsters of this floor had to offer him. If they scored a blow on him, it wasn't going to be fatal he wagered while walking boldly away from the safezone with each step. He did look around now and then to see what was exposed by the glow which now surrounded him. "See anything, beautiful?" He says with a smirk stuck to his face. He wasn't that used to speaking so boldly of a woman, but it felt nice.

Opal watched as Kalesh prepared himself. With a nod to herself as well as Jaken, the two spirited away into the darkness around Yomi. Her eyes fixed on a few floating Shadow Spectres ahead. Their moans transgressing the plans of the living as their ethereal bodies floated left and right. She smiled as her weapon glowed with the aura of her on coming Sword Art. Like a banshee herself, she ran straight through them evicertating their robed figures creating orange gashes left and right until she came out on the other side of the battle unharmed by the attack. She whipped her body around, snow white hair dancing around her as the Twinkling Star aura continued to radiate around her. They burst into pixels only moments later as she flicked the strands of hair from her shoulder.

"Did you want some of that action? I might have gone overboard." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 193/193
EN: 28/48
Sword Art: Amatsu no Homura || 20 EN || Dmg 190 - 38 = 152 Dmg

x4 Shadow Spectre: HP Dead/150 || Mit: 38 || Dmg: 76

ID: 61439
BD: Surprise Attack [+1 Dmg] Charge [+2 Dmg]
LD: 18 +4 = 22 [+4 Extra Materials, +7800 Col]
Current Equipment: Masamune [+6 Dmg], Vambraces [+54 Mit], Prosperity [+3 Pros] 
+4 Mats

Edited by Opal

Kalesh could only watch as Opal tore the monsters apart, making him roll his eyes a little at her comment before saying "Nawwww, I'll make do with the action I get later." He snickered a bit at the thinly veiled innuendo as his eye glanced around "You know, it really sucks sometimes, having a weapon that is both low-damage and no-utility. My last stun was two ranks ago and my last AOE was at rank 1." Despite the obvious weaknesses of his weapon type he didn't particularly think that he should let Opal do all the work, but he only had time to use the light potion, now he had to use the mitigation potion he had been given!  Lifting the potion to his lips and letting his head fall back he consumes the contents so his mitigation would rise to a grand total of 48. "I will never not-envy you AOE users. You can farm so fast and all those nice benefits..." He knew her strength was a product of time and training of course, but he still figured he couldn't one-hit-kill like her right now.

-Mitigation +36 potion
+36 Mitigation

"Time and patience, that has become the long and short of it in all things necessary in this world. Don't worry though, we'll get you leveled up so you can rank up your Wild Dance. Perhaps when you get some other things taken care of, you can pick up a second weapon class to help with other things. Perhaps a two handed sword, or two handed axe? Those are decent AoE weapons."

The woman shrugged her shoulders, Jaken clapped his small little hands as the staff of his was leaning against his shoulder, "Bravo Master Opal! You are a deadly woman indeed! Was she not great how she handled those monsters just now?" The imp was proud of his Master, as he spoke and directed his question to the Wild Dancer. The woman smiled, "Stop trying to flatter me, Jaken. Come King Imp. We embark the shadowed path once more. Kalesh, if you are up to you, you may seek out some mobs as well. Though I think you will be more handy when it comes to us fighting the Dungeon Boss, should we find such a place." 

Once more Opal and her familiar seemed to seep into the darkness once more casting themselves into the shadows. Her body bounced back towards Kalesh from the radiating sparkle of her aura that was sweeping over her feminine figure, although it was as ghostly as it could be while she was in her Sneak Mode. 

-

Notes: Re-established Sneak LD 22+

Kalesh nodded softly in approval "Yeah, sounds like a plan to me. I'll hunt the things on my own while you keep being awesome like your familiar suggests." He winks to Opal while going off in a different direction. "I'll yell if I'm in trouble~" He says while focusing his attention in front of him. He would pick and choose enemies if he could, but the dark was going to be annoying... he heard the sound of paws on stone however and turned to face them, a skeletal wolf lunging from the dark towards him! With a well timed dodge and a kick to the ribcage the undead canine was knocked prone on the ground! Giving it not a breath of time to spare Kalesh closed in on the beast, rapidly imapling it on his claws four times before it shattered apart into nothingness. "One down~" He says with a slight sense of triumph for his small victory as he glanced towards Opal's light to watch her.

[ID# 61440][BD: 10][MD 6-3=3]

Kalesh: 120 HP | 24/30 ENG (-6) | 48 MIT | 3 EVA 
Action: Pinpoint Destruction (4x2x14=112)

Skeleton Wolf: Dead/60 HP (-112+15=-97)| 15 MIT

+1 Material

Edited by Kalesh

Swish! Swish! The attacks came in rapid succession, the glowing aura of the purple blade slashing and cutting down four more of the spectre that seemed to haunt the area her. But fortunately for her, the Surprise Attack was coming in handy. A great invest for the player as she had used it quite extensively since she acquired the mod. Feeling her grip on the weapon loosen after the spectral bodies exploded into pixels, she ran a finger over her menu to collect the bounty and turned her head towards her companion. 

"I'm down on energy until it regenerates. Might wanna be careful on which mobs we take down while I am recovering, but if you still have plenty of fight left in you by all means. Let's head for the Stygian River, when I was here with Mari, we were almost attacked by an Undead Floor Boss known as the Hydra...I wouldn't mind taking it down at my level now." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 193/193
EN: 9/48
Sword Art: Amatsu no Homura || 20 EN || Dmg 190 - 38 = 152 Dmg

x4 Shadow Spectre: HP Dead/150 || Mit: 38 || Dmg: 76

ID: 61441
BD: Surprise Attack [+1 Dmg] Charge [+2 Dmg]
LD: 12 +4 = 16 [ +4800 Col]
Current Equipment: Masamune [+6 Dmg], Vambraces [+54 Mit], Prosperity [+3 Pros] 
+4 Mats

Edited by Opal

Kalesh raised a brow as Opal explained things over where she was, a smile crossing his lips as he says "Ooh, a hydra? That sounds kinda interesting... Is it alive like the dragons at the town?" As he asked that he heard the clunking of armor approaching, a headless suit of armor coming into focus. Within second Kalesh had dismantled it, the joints punctured and causing the whole to fall apart at his feet before exploding and granting him his reward. "And yeah, I got fight left still! It's the staple of this weapon!" He chuckles softly as he moves to follow Opal nice and close. "I guess that is one negative to being all AOE... You run dry a lot faster than me." He shrugged his shoulders, though by sheer numbers and efficiency she had him vastly outclassed. 

Stretching his arms out in preparation for any coming battles he nods to Opal and says happily "Sure, let's head that way if you think we can handle it, you'll get no complaints out of me!" If anything he was curious as to how the fight would go. They could escape any time of course, it wasn't like they were nailed to this floor by an unseen force.

[ID# 61442][BD: 10][CD: 10][LD: 11]

Kalesh: 120 HP | 20/30 ENG (+2 -6) | 48 MIT | 3 EVA 
Action: Pinpoint Destruction (4x2x14=112)

Dulahan: Dead/60 HP (-112+15=-97)| 15 MIT

+1 Material (Total 2)

Edited by Kalesh

ID: 61433
LD: 12+4 = 16 [+1 Mat]

Dismantling the haunted armor, Kalesh was able to take it out in a pinch of time. She laughed lightly at his dry comment, "Well, I wouldn't say too dry." she curved her lips into a sort of wicked and flirty smile. It was verbal foreplay for the both of them, perhaps it was just something they needed for the time being. Opal was pleasant enough most of the time, but when she wanted it, she had to have it. It was like the craving of a cigarette, they were strong urges like that. Clearing her throat, she took a moment to pause. The ground and area illuminated around their bodies. She knelt down and plucked a purple flower from the diseased ground, "Nightshade. Might come in handy for a poison later on." she said mostly to herself. 

Edited by Opal

Kalesh raised a brow when Opal mentioned that she wasn't dry. He nibbled his lip and decides to himself that some teasing was in order. He approaches the katana wielding player, getting very close as he rests his hands both on her hips, pulling her close to himself as he looks into her eyes "Running hot, sexy? Then how about this... Dungeon monsters don't respawn until those inside leave as far as I've seen, and outsiders are locked out..." He leans in close, his lips a mere inch from her own thick black lips. "So how about I show you my thanks for carrying this lower level player, by ****ing you over the boss's grave?" He smirked, not quite closing the kiss, remembering her warning from the beach. He didn't know if she'd be able to wait that long! That said however, he reaches around with one hand and gives her rump one good squeeze and a swat before he started to back up a little bit. He was far too occupied with her to gather or glance around right now~!

ID: 61564
LD: 20 + 4 + 2 = 26 
Advanced Dungeon! 
ENR: 2/3

The movement caught the female off guard, her eyes narrowing at him when his clawed hands pressed to her thighs. What was his game? He got dangerously close to her, eyes fluttered for a brief moment when their bodies made contact. Her ample bosom pressed to his chest as she gave an odd smirk. Normally it was Opal who was the brazen woman and ended up getting too close for comfort at people, but Kalesh was bold in his movements. Not even labeled as boyfriend or girlfriend and he already moved as such. The words he spoke caught her attention, giving a raised brow in response. The next few words from his spoken lips, so close to her made the woman giggle at first and then laugh.

"Such a dirty talker..." she said with a hand on his shoulder. It was a tease which ended with a quick swat to her plump bottom and full backside as she gave a gentle yelp. "Hey! Alright, Kalesh. I think you need to keep your hands to yourself. I understand I am a pretty tempting object for you, but we are in the middle of a run right now and I tend to be more serious when I have a target on my back. Anyone can come up from anywhere and--" 

Opal took a step forward, the Stygian River, she could smell the blood in the air that came off the water's surface. Murky zombies began to drool and show themselves from the trenches, "I tend to be more serious when I am out like this, besides I rather get screwed somewhere comfortable. Like a bed or a patch of grass. There is nothing but rocks and dirt here..." 

Edited by Opal