[PP-F10] Hiding out in Yomi. Nobody ever goes to Yomi. (Opal)

Kalesh snickered softly as he moved from her, rolling his eyes a bit as he said "Sorry~ I couldn't resist. it was too good an opportunity." He noted that he had no stab wounds from his actions, so that was a good sign in his opinion. Knowing Opal was always the tease he didn't mind turning it back on her just a teeny tiny bit. It was fun if nothing else, so he didn't feel regret  "And hey, I put my hands on everybody." He clinks the metal claw tips of his fingers together, hoping the joke registered as him not just randomly groping people and instead on his weapon.

With his fun had though he follows her towards the river she had described, looking down at the crimson with a raised brow. He wasn't going to go into the problems of coagulation and reminded him it was a game. And thus, he triggered his suspension of disbelief. He did however look upstream with a curious almost child-like look of wonder in his eyes "Think if we go far enough up stream, we'll see a dead giant with a huuuuge sword through his chest from a bygone era?" His inner nerd peaked out as he squinted his eyes towards the consuming darkness.

After a few moments he took a deep breath and decided he should take things a bit more seriously. These monsters were a threat to him. Maybe not to Opal, but to him certainly. "Alright, no AOE so I dunno how much help I'll be..." He gives her a thumbs up "But I know you got this, I'll do what I can to... ease things along if possible." He was sure that if he killed three or four along the way it would all even out fine. He started to crack his knuckles and stretch out all his arm joints as he got ready for the battle to come.

2/3 OoC Turns

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opal looked about and she stood several feet of the menacing Stygian, the color was enough to bring her back to this place when she first met Mari the PKer. She wondered what the woman would think now that she had slain a front liner? A more general acceptance? Opal shrugged to herself from the mental question proposed to herself. She sighed and looked towards Kalesh, he was a bouncy player full of energy. She offered him a black lipped smile his way and breathed inwards once more looking to her left and right. She then examined her HUD and her energy pool..

"I'm just about there to be filled back up in my pools of energy. Jaken!" The woman sounded off with a commanding voice that made him yelp when his named was alerted to her, "Ahh! Yes Mistress Opal! What pleasure may I be of use to you?" The woman shifted from one leg to another, "Go take a swim." 

The King Imp nodded his head and turned about to proceed with the command until he stopped to think about it, "Wait! Do you mean to have me to go into the bloody water as bair!? Ahhh! Mistress Opal you are too cruel to me sometimes!" The woman laughed and shook her head, "Nevermind Jaken. I was having a bit of fun with you. I was wondering if there was a way to cross to the Stygian from here." 

"Ahh, let's me see. MMmm, According to the map data there is no known bridge and it stretches a good portion of the map. I'm afraid if you wished to cross, you'd have to swim across but that in itself is quite dangerous. The bloody water houses many ferocious mobs." 

The woman nodded in kind to the answer, "Alright Kalesh. We'll wait it out for a few more minutes. We'll go upstream as you say and try to pass the hoarded of undead while we are at it."

-
Notes: ENR 3/3
Stealthed

Edited by Opal

Kalesh watched as she ordered around her familiar, feeling a slight tinge of envy watching her command it and it complained about its order, making a chuckle pass his lips as he watched their hijinks. It amused him if nothing else to watch them goof around together. His eyes turned towards the distance where Jaken and Opal had suggested they go. Kalesh wasn't about to complain! He gave a nod in response and said "Sounds good to me. Upstream it is!" He says while turning his attention to the source of the flowing blood-like substance.

Taking a step forward he finds his eyes glancing back at Opal with curiosity "So, a self-proclaimed PK doesn't want to soak in blood? How very interesting!" He says with a lighthearted humor to his words. "Last I checked, there weren't any STDs in this game... Well, the life-long ones, debuffs are always an option." He looked to the water with a slight amount of dubiousness to if it would or wouldn't afflict them with a horrible malady. "Oh god, flashbacks, the Corrupted Blood Incident of olde! We don't need a repeat of that... It'd be the death of all newbies period." He took a step away from the stream all at once while continuing his path forward.

As he too felt his energy returning in bulk he stretched his neck and shoulders out with a few cracks being heard before he looked to Opal with curiosity in his eyes "Mm. That's right, I never asked in detail. How'd you meet Jaken? I know he was the king of imps and y'saved him, but why'd he agree to join you and stuff?" A king without a throne didn't exactly have anywhere to go, but most kings don't do well with servitude in his mind.

3/3 OoC Turns

With her concealed in the the darkness of the floor around her. Opal was able to speed like the Terror of Night to the mobs they sought to destroy. Releasing the weapon's built in energy, she swept the long Masamune blade in different directions. Orange slashes carved into the bodies of the under as they fell in lumps of limbs before they even noticed her. However the Walkers were many in their path and she only shaved off a 4th of their numbers. With them dispatched, her body came out of the darkness as her vision shifted to Kalesh, "I'll tell you that story another time. Right now we need to clear a path through these zombies." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 193/193
EN: 36/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 114 -10 = 104
Zombies Slaid: 4/15

x4 Weak Zombies: 40/40 HP || Dmg: 30 || Mit: 10

ID: 61689
BD: Surprise Attack +1 Dmg
MD: Haha...
LD: 15+4 = 19 [+4 Extra Mats, + 1280 Col]
+8 Materials

Edited by Opal

Kalesh sighed and rolled his eyes as he lifted his somewhat weighted down hands "Fine fine, kill first, story time later!" He says as a smirk crossed his lips. This situation reminded him of back when they had hunted ghouls in the misty forests long ago. It was interesting he no longer had a sword in his hands like back then. He quickly shook the thoughts from his mind, focusing his eyes on one of the zombies. As per usual the greatest downside of his weapon choice was the limited modes of combat. He could only kill them one by one, but he hoped his energy would at least hold up that long. He charged forward and slabbed with his claws, piercing the shoulders and then throat of his chosen zombie, hearing it groan at the rapid hits before being dismembered and shattering at his feet. 

HP: 124/124
EN: 25/31 (-6)
Sword Art: Pinpoint Destruction (3x2x12=72)
Zombies Slain: 5/15

Weak Zombie: 40/40 HP || Dmg: 30 || Mit: 10

ID: 61698
BD: 7+2=9
MD: Hehe...
LD: 18 [+200 Col]
+1 Material
+200 Col

Edited by Kalesh

Single Target attacks had its perks and the woman smiled as he savagely took down one of his zombies. Shouldering her weapon and looking back over at him, "Hey, Kalesh. Why don't you sit this one out? I can take the last two groups out by myself. Your weapon will come in more handy when we have to fight the boss at the end. Give yourself some time to regenerate your energy." The woman was unable to hide back in the shadows unless she wanted to wait an extra turn, however waiting could easily getting them detoured by these zombie mobs. Pushing off with her right foot, the woman flashed through the crowd of zombies activating her sword art once more. Long sweeps of her blade caused the orange lines of death to appear over the undead and quickly ripping through them one by one till they fell. Shifting and accepting her loot; she herself pressed on as the mighty Jaken, with staff in hand continued with her. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 193/193
EN: 25/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 108-10 = 98
Zombies Slaid: 9/15

x4 Weak Zombies: 0/40 HP || Dmg: 30 || Mit: 10

ID: 61716
BD: 6+1 = hit
MD: rip
LD: 11+4 =15 [+1280 Col]
+4 Mats

Edited by Opal

Kalesh blinked as Opal suggested he sit out, a sigh passing his lips as he crosses his arms and looks to her. "Fine, fine, but I don't gotta like it." He makes a slight smile and winks to her as he moves behind her, watching her body move as she fought any other groups of monsters. "If this is how it's gonna be I just might have to invest in a second weapon." He rolled his eyes, looking down at his claws as he says in a slight whisper "But at that point I might as well have never stopped using katana and greatsword..." He closes his hand into a fist as his other hand scratches his head carefully. Most weapons had their strengths and weaknesses, but his was only decent in prolonged combat, which made him feel a little disheartened due to the nature of battle largely being fast-paced and finalized swiftly. "Ah well, kick their butts, Opal!"

[ID# 61718][CD: 9]

Energy: 27/31 (+2)

Edited by Kalesh

"Yeah, yeah..." she said waving to the player as he commented on kicking their butt. The woman flashed in once more through the mob, her body becoming disguised amongst the rambling undead as they swatted at her left and right. Blinking through the attacks with her swaying body, her blade sliced and diced its way through the already dressed corpses and made pile after pile of their disfigured and gruesome shells. Scattered into the wind once more were their bodies as she continually blitzed through them without a care in the world. They were nothing but tools of the Cardinal system. Eyes back on Kalesh, "Just a few more to go, but then I'll need a rest as well." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

EN: 14/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg:108-10 = 98
Zombies Slaid: 13/15

ID: 61719
BD: 4+1+1 [disguise] = 6

MD: rips
LD: 4+4 = 8 
+4 Mats
Disguise on Cool Down

Edited by Opal

Kalesh nodded in understanding "Fair enough, I'd be tired too if I was killing that many that often." He shrugged his shoulders, following in her wake as she cleared up the zombies. He took a deep breath as he tried to be patient, his finger tapping against his arm quickly as he considered the pros and cons of just running ahead to take on the boss himself while she rested. Theoretically he figured it was possible, but he didn't think it would be a good idea. "My only condition is that you let me take the first attack against the boss." He didn't know or care if she could kill it in one hit, but he was going to give it some pain if he possibly could. Standing around was not suited for him, and Opal knew this. He'd rather charge in headlong most of the time.

[ID# 61720][CD: 3]

Energy: 28/31 (+1)

Edited by Kalesh

The ending was anything but spectacular as the last of the zombies were defeated by the Masamune X. Sweeping the blade to the side and flicking, the woman shouldered the blade and sighed. Using her free hand to press the rogue strands of violet colored hair from her face. "Alright. I am out of energy for the time being. I need to rest for three rounds and then we can continue on..." There was a roar from the opposite end of where they were standing. 

Orange smoke escaped Opal's lips as she examined what appeared to be the boss looking right at the. In the darkness of floor ten, there was 3 pairs of eyes glowing in the dark and a deep menacing roar that seemed to echo everywhere, "Looks like we found the Undead Hydra. Shouldn't be too difficult to take down. But we should be prepared the best we can be. You have a damage potion on you? If not, you can have one of mine. We'll need to throw everything we have at this thing when we are ready." 

Flicking the ashes away with her thumb nail, the scent of oranges rolled around her figure as she prepared herself mentally for this kind of challenge. This would be the most difficult Boss she would face to date.

<<Battle Engaged>>

EN: 12/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg:108-10 = 98
Zombies Slaid: 17/15

ID: 61721
BD: 8

MD: sleeping with fishes
LD:17 +4 = 21 [+4 Extra Mats, +1280 Col]
+4 Mats
Disguise on Cool Down

Edited by Opal

Kalesh nodded in understanding with Opal, shrugging his shoulders slightly "Yeah, I got some basic potions... Eh, let me slam back the monster potion first." He says with a chuckle as he reaches under his jacket and takes out a Tiger's Fury potion. He takes a deep breath and swallows the contents. He felt a surge of adrenaline as a faint flame-like aura reminiscent of the monster from which it dropped appeared just over his skin, stripes appeared around his character in spots and his teeth sharpened slightly. "Oof, that one has a kick, too bad the actual damage boost is only T2 uncommon..." He says with a shrug as he discard the bottle.

With the buff consumed he looks to Opal and moves to stand next to her, his eyes staring into the distance. "I'm glad it's undead. That means the head probably won't grow back, I don't have fire to cauterize it." He says with a slight smirk on his lips, referencing the story of Heracles of course. While checking his inventory he notices a number that was higher than before. "Oh, cool, turns out I leveled up. Sweet." He says happily as he had reached 32 "That puts me at... Three levels before my goal pre-floor boss." He nods his head in self-assurance that getting to 35 after being only 25 at the meeting was a reasonable boost. "Still a ways to catch up to you though~"

-1 Tiger Rage

ENR: 1/3

"Gratz on your level up. I didn't know you were power leveling like crazy. That kinda makes me feel like I am being lazy." The woman shrugged her shoulders as she impaled her Masamune into the hard soil ground. She would continue smoking until she felt her body and her mind were ready to come to terms with what she had to fight. With Kalesh being such a high leveled player, that meant taking out this beast wouldn't be so difficult. Of course...She looked at him with a slight stare, he still paled in comparison to herself, but the way he was going at it with those levels...he seemed like a suitable...

The woman cleared her throat, flicking the ashes from her cigarette after she expelled a stream of the sweet orange scent into the musky air, "If you keep getting stronger, I may have to rely on you more as a partner for dungeon runs." 

Kalesh chuckled softly and said "Ohh trust me, I love being lazy... If I had things my way I'd be lazing about in a tree, son some rocks, or in a bed... But, well..." He looks up at the black ceiling of the dark floor "I spent months sitting around and doing nothing, I need to make up for lost time." He chuckled softly "And so, powerleveling!" He glanced around a bit as if trying to figure out where he was geographically ,but the dark made it too hard so he simply opened his map. "There are two field bosses here that I plan to kill in the near future like I told you earlier." He opens up some notes he had with carious boss names and crosses through them. "A Lich and a Banshee..." He closes them all up and says "I'm not even sure the Iron Giant is worth the effort. His XP is low and his banner is weak as of tier 2..." He figured he had rambled enough and looked to Opal. "So, uh, yeah... I only plan to get stronger and stronger, until people will actually consider me worthy of Berseker... who knows." He looks down at his claws with a smirk "Maybe, just maybe, it will unlock some new tricks." He had heard that Shadowed Path had its own set of swords arts. Logically he thought that in the same vein, so too may Berserker. The output and healing of such a skill, combined with the speed and energy costs of his current weapon might synergize, but he could only speculate. "... I'd actually enjoy being relied on sometime I think..."

Energy Restored!

Flick! The cigarette twisted into an ugly sort of spiral as the woman expelled the stream of smoke from her black lips. The item itself exploding into small pixels as it was sent to the world of oblivia. The world around her was dark, safe and secure, albeit the lurking zombies and the recently deceased creatures that like to spend their home here. Opal placed both hands on her hips, not that she was ignoring the Wild Dancer, more like attempting to hone in on some sort of seriousness mode that she attempted to conjure up. The radiant stars around her body flickered like a candle as they sparkled with each little breath she made. Her violet eyes finally back on Kalesh, "Careful with the name Berserker. The last one named as such found himself a little on the dead side. Though you are safe from me killing you, we already got that out of the way. None the less, holding a Unique Skill makes you a target for others. Mack has stated numerous times he wanted that ability for himself. Tearye is as close there is to this world as I can call a Blood Sister, so I wouldn't attempt to attack her for her Katana skill. I think I'll just be happy collecting demonics from Boss Raids, if I get lucky enough to get the final attack reward." 

The woman looked at her pools of energy once more, just a few more minutes and they can begin their assault. 

-

ENR:2/3

Kalesh nodded in understanding of Opal's words. She wasn't wrong, uniques were as much a risk as they were a boon. Everybody craves that which isn't theirs after all, no matter what it is or its worth. At the same time however, Kalesh found himself saying "I don't know that man, nor do I intend to take on his legacy or his sins. I could honestly care less who originally had a skill before I get it, no matter what that skill may be." He shrugs his shoulders weakly, speaking from the heart instead of his head. "They don't hold some mystic sway over the skill that binds me to them, if people compare me to whoever had a skill before me, I'll flip them the middle finger and wish them a good day." He sighed softly and scritches at his head a bit. "Mack'll probably challenge me to a duel if I get it, but I hold no obligation to him... Not that it wouldn't be fun." He chuckled softly as he imagined the battle. "He'd have more power with it, put it to use well, without a doubt..." He looks to Opal with a soft smile on his lips "But I'm greedy like everybody else, and the Knights don't have any right to deny me anything I earn for myself. I intend to keep it that way." Sadly he had the voice of realism in the back of his mind. "There is maybe a one in a hundred any skill will touch me though. First Azure Brigade, what makes me think that the Blood Oath aren't going to gather all the skills they can?" He shrugs his shoulders weakly. "They got numbers, Mack can send literally his whole army after any unique skills. If just one succeeds, the power is his for all intents."

Opal's eyes flickered, "Then we slay them. Honestly, if you want something that badly, all you have to do is kill or break the player. If you need help, I'll be more than happy to do so. Two is better than one and we can make a pretty good team, I suppose that will be put to the test now though." The woman lifted her right hand and unearthed her Masamune with a tight grip yanking it from its earthen grave. 

"You'll need col for the Info Broker, thirty thousand if you want the extra information on the quest to get the unique. We can make that much col in a few days for you. I myself am gathering the col so I can build me a fortress. I gave the Knights a hefty load several times in helps of getting their Guild Hall. Looking back at it...No, nevermind. Anyways, with my energy filled up, we should get going. If you prefer me to take the lead, that's fine. I'll attack and stun it with my Surprise Attack and follow with a stunning art. Then you can just pummel it while its down. This boss won't be easy, but we can break it down." 

Opal shifted her eyes from Kalesh to the haze across their vision. She narrowed her eyes and took a deep breath as she concealed herself in the shadows and got her equipment together for the fight ahead.

=

Switching out Gear: Item of Prosperity For Ring of the Blood
Stealthed
ENR: 3/3

Kalesh chuckled softly at her offer of helping him kill the owner of a skill, smiling to the feminine player he says "Well, it's flattering to hear you'd kill for me." He winks to her before taking a breath to serious-up a bit "But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't even know if there are still more unique skills hidden away. Mack may yet still get his guild back what it lost, but there might be something even better for me." He looks down at his claws "I don't need a unique skill, but if Kayaba made one that is just heavenly for these, then I'll be pleased." He smiled softly at the thought, though he seemed slightly doubtful that a unique skill would exist solely for claws. In fact however... "Thought it's far more likely these skills will focus on swords and such. Can you imagine me using Teayre's unique skill? I don't think so." He shrugged his shoulders weakly. "And I wonder if you have a secret passage in, being the lady who shelled out so much cash." He snickered at the idea of she and her guild sneaking in one night.

When the discussion turned back to the boss he hummed in thought. Earlier he said he wanted the first hit but he sighed softly "Alright, you can get the first hit in, that's the smart thing... but if I suspect you are in danger, I'm howling the boss onto me." He looks to her with a smile "If and when we get through that though, I'll be able to parry the next time." He only needed one SP to unlock the skill to his options after all. It was going to be necessary for any form of tanking without a shield. "Blegh. Sometimes I wish I never stopped using heavy armor." He rolls his eyes "Well, metal armor in any case. Medium, y'know? A metal breastplate and gauntlets instead of leather, not full plate like most." He shakes his head "Anyways! Boss. sneak n' stab, I'll yell at him if he bites you up."

hydra__dipsy_demo__by_sandara-d74271p.jp

Undead Hydra Stats:
HP: 510/700 [Stunned]
Dmg: 110

Opal closed the gap between her and the roaring undead that she had come face to face with. From the distance they were, it was small but when she got up close to it, the creature was monstrous. She took a step back, it was the first time in a long time that made her retreat as she did. Violet eyes stared upwards as the slimy green saliva dripped from its mouth. Her brows furrowed at Jaken as he hide behind her. "No! No! I am too Kingly to die!" he said holding onto her leg. "Damn it, Jaken! Off! I need to attack it. Go cower somewhere else!" 

With Masamune X glowing intently, the woman charged forward once more as Jaken was peeled off of him from a quick boot to his face. The woman ran headstrong into the aggro range of the behemoth and leapt into the air and aimed her slashes at one of the many heads. "I will take you down!" Sweep! Slash! Rip! The metal of her blade cut through a single layer of the undead hide as it molted off. Her feet hit the ground as she noticed her sword art had stunned the creature in place. She looked back and yelled for Kalesh, "Time to get in there and show your stuff!" 

Opals HP: 193/193 [Hate 1]
Mit: 54
EN: 35/48
Sword Art: Iai || 13 EN || Dmg: 190

Kalesh HP:
Mit:
EN: 

ID: 61722
BD: Surprise Attack +1 Dmg
MD: Stunned

Edited by Opal

Undead Hydra Stats:
HP: 370/700 [Stunned]

Kalesh tried not to snicker at the sound of Jaken cowering behind his master, nibbling his lip a bit to try and calm himself down as he let the adrenaline in his body pump faster and harder, letting the potion he drank do its work and increase his power. He would consider the fittingness of a tiger's fury increasing his claw weapon damage, but he was trying to stay serious for a split moment at the least! He took a deep breath when he heard his name being called and without hesitation rushed in to aid in the battle!

He noticed the heads weren't moving and decided to use that to his advantage! With one had jump with his claws held out he grabbed hold of the monster's rancid hide and started hacking away. One hand's claws were sunk into the creature's flesh while his other hand clawed and tore away at the flesh savagely! It wasn't quite as graphic as with a real corpse, but that didn't stop him from digging his hole. He could sense the creature starting to regain its mobility, and so he let go of the beast and dropped back down to the ground to await its next move, taking a deep breath just in case. The beast was just barely holding itself above the yellow!

Opals HP: 193/193 [Hate 1]
EN: 35/48
Sword Art: Iai || 13 EN || Dmg: 190

Kalesh HP: 128/128 [Hate 1]
Mit: 48
EN: 22/32
Sword Art: Pinpoint Massacre || 10 EN || DMG: 140

ID: 61723
BD: 8+2=10
MD: Stunned

Edited by Kalesh

Undead Hydra Stats:
HP: 154/700 []

Ravenous claws dug and tore bits of flesh from the Undead Hydra. Opal was pleasantly surprised by the competent player she had partnered up with. He was becoming something she would like to have around more often and not just for his dick. The woman's black lips curled into a smile as the giant hydra twisted and snarled after the attack; breaking free of the stun as it finally ended. On her guard, Opal danced left and right as the many heads struck the ground around her and Kalesh. Perhaps because the eyes of the Hydra were so small they could not locate the targets. Whatever the manner was, the Hydra found itself being carved up once more by the sheer strength of the former Samurai. Her violet blade sung in the air and gave off that eerie chilling violet glow from her blade. Sweeps and slashes of six came full circle and ripped off another head of the hydra. It guzzled in its own saliva as the heads dropped down and crashed around them into pixels. 

"A few more hits, we got this." 

Opals HP: 193/193 [Hate 4]
EN: 24/48
Sword Art: San Ge  || 12 EN || Dmg: 216

Kalesh HP: 128/128 [Hate 1]
Mit: 48
EN: 22/32
Sword Art: Pinpoint Massacre || 10 EN || DMG: 140

ID: 61724
BD: 10+3= [+2 Dmg]
MD: 1