[OP-F1-NK] The Initial Greeting

"Ohh, come on. Live a little!" She grinned and smacked him on the shoulder, none too gently. Then she stuck out her tongue at him. "If you're feeling overprotective of your money, don't be so stingy about it. We're going to kill endless amounts of mobs in the future, I'm sure you could pinch a few pennies to get something to treat yourself." She laughed a little at him, and played with the plastic on her menu. It seemed very, very real. That's what was so eerie about her new world. Everything was so real.

Not long after, the waiter approached their table and asked what they wanted to eat. Adhae quickly pulled open her menu, and found the neon green thing she'd seen a few minutes prior. "Um, this thing please," she said as she pointed it out to the waiter. It nodded and turned to Verus to ask for his order, but before he could say anything, Adhae interjected. She had seen a bright blue smoothie on the list too. "He'll be having this," she said as she pointed it out again. She shot an evil smirk at Verus behind the menu, and then the waiter took both of theirs and went off to make their food.

Adhae crossed her legs underneath the table, and began bouncing her foot gently. "I wonder how service works here. Do they make our food as we order it, or is it all pre-made? Do things go bad in this game?" Her eyes wandered as she thought aloud, landing on the other customers in the room. There were a lot of white haired people, she noticed. Huh.

Eventually, their food arrived. Adhae looked down at the green blob in front of her. It was strangely spherical, almost perfectly so. And it was shiny. Before tasting it, she took the handle of her spoon and prodded the surface. It rippled and then bounced back into place, like jelly. Shrugging inwardly, she stuck her spoon inside it and lifted off a glob of it, sticking it in her mouth. It was weird; it tasted like water, with a hint of mint flavour in it. And once it touched her tongue, it pretty much melted, turning into a liquid which she swallowed down. "Huh."

She was done before too long, and assumed they would just leave their plates there to be cleaned by the waiter. She stood up and placed her napkin on the chair, having already paid. "Let's go fatty. Mobs don't wait!" She laughed, and walked out of the tavern. 

-Adhaerere exits the thread.-

As Calrex felt himself starting to doze off his solitude was suddenly broken by the presence of a companion he had gone in numerous adventures as of late: The two-handed spear user Lawfer. He gave a laugh at the man's comment before giving a friendly waving off of the statement, "Trust me I think either one of us could pick up the tab if need be. This is a great cafe, and they definitely don't flaunt their skill by bumping up their prices."

Seeing his drink arrive the bluenette gave a thankful nod to the waiter before taking a sip of the mixture of chocolate, espresso, and milk. Of course, he was still fully aware that the flavor that passed over his tongue was simulated, most likely gathered from various real-world sources to produce the exact sensation that crossed over his taste buds. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant drink as he gave a small sigh, releasing the chilled air that had formed in the back of his throat, "I guess you can say I'm taking a break. I've visited this cafe many times in the past, so whenever I'm on the first floor it feels like I'm drawn here."

Setting his chilled glass back down on top of the table he rested his forearms back on the wooden surface, a friendly smile on his face, "In any case, what brings you here? I would have thought you'd still be up training on the higher floors searching for more high-level dungeons."

Baldur was leaving his shop after taking inventory of his stock and in desperate need of something to drink when he thought he saw a new friend of his walk into a cafe Baldur passed by almost daily. As he walked up to the window and looked inside, he saw Lawfer sitting down with a familiar blue haired kid. With a rueful half smile on his face, Baldur pushed the door open and was about to make his way back to join them when he realized just how packed the place was.

"Wow!" Baldur remarked to himself. He had never seen it this busy before.

Weaving through the players and NPCs present, he made his way back to the table occupied by two frontliners.

"Calrex, Lawfer, how are you two today? Mind if I join you for a drink?"

Shifting in her seat Syn finished off the rest of her food and quietly listened to the conversation going on around her. Eyes focusing on the sparkle of the purple charm, her mouth in a small oval as she stared. Closing her mouth as another man joins them she squirms more in her seat keeping quiet. “So you’re all frontliners?” She pipes up her voice quiet. “I’m guessing you didn’t hear me earlier either… I can be quite quiet.” She shuffles over to make room for the person in blue, her shoulder now against the window of the corner. Gazing out the window she rested her head on her hand as rain began to patter down on the stained glass. The bell above the door chimed as a few more players entered. Her eyes flickered down to the purple charm at the bluenette’s neck. “Where did you get that?” She points directly at the Amethyst Charm.

Holding his hand up to his mouth to stifle the giggle that filled the booth Aya? Right, you must be at least thirty-five. How come you’re firing questions off left right and centre like my sister?” Aya eyes widening, not knowing to respond, heart beat quickening “Hang on how old is he?” she pondered to her self. “The girl must be his sister.” His words failed him and he clasped his hand over his mouth his eyes widening “I’m. So. Sorry.” Aya calmed inside not realising her temper had started to raise at the previous comment. Vyrtew was slinking down in to his chair, his face going bright red it was then Aya realised her face and arms were burning she also must be bright red, she smiled. “It’s just… You look about the same age as some of my teachers in school.” mouth open in shock, Aya didn't have time to respond before he buried his nose into the menu, quickly deciding what he wanted grabbing a waitress by the skirt. “Can I get these two please.” The waitress glared at him and rolled her eyes at Aya who smiled back “I raise the previous question, how old is he?” her internal monologue continued. He didn't raise his eyes to Aya.Sorry for all the questions. I'm just nervous” She smiled hoping he would look up.I'm 28 but usually my height confuses people,” giggling to herself. “Most people think I'm about 15 to 20 it's nice for someone to think I'm older for once.” 

How old are you anyway?”

Edited by Aya

As the woman consoled him Vyrtew couldn’t help but look up a small smile on his face. Nodding along to her words he stops for a moment as she asks him how old he is. “Ummm….” He says, “I’m only 13…” He turned his head as two bowls of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles on them appeared in front of the pair. “Here” he says pushing one towards Aya “One for you.” Without waiting for a reply he slips the spoon between his fingers and twirls it catching it in a reverse grip before turning it the right way round and dipping it into the frozen dairy treat. The soft clinking as his spoon tipped into the side of the bowl. “So how come you’ve stayed around Starting City?”

Hikoru sighed as he looked around. The Starting City, a place he had called home for a few months. But now, he was a man on the frontlines, known as the Master of Shadows. He sighed and continued to walk down the street, enjoying the view and the old memories that the place brought to his mind, and it gave him a small sigh, and a small laugh as well. He breathed as he continued to explore, his ferret familiar sniffing around and enjoying the views as well as try to figure out where all the smells were coming from around him. He sighed and scratched his familar's chin and kept walking around the town, seeing if there were any familiar faces from within the crowd

"...Did I just phase out for a minute or something. When did this girl sit down here?"

Calrex looked over at the young girl that had joined him and Lawfer with a friendly smile before looking over and seeing yet another familiar face, Baldur, join them at the table, "Heh, sure thing. Just don't try to sneak it on my tab like this guy over here."

Giving a joking smirk he jabbed his thumb over to the two-handed spear user before turning to face the player by the name of Syn, "Sorry about that, you are correct. The three of us have seen floor raid combat, so I hope we don't look too intimidating, heh. I'm Calrex by the way. The man sitting over here is Lawfer, and the samurai that just joined us is Baldur."

Looking down at where she was directing her question the bluenette looked down to see she was addressing the Amethyst Charm as he gave a warm smile, "Oh this? My wife actually made it for me. She's an artisan, and ended up making it in a way that it kind of represents us while at the same time being useful to me in combat."

He finally looked up nodding and smiling “Good you haven't scared him off yet” "Ummm...." He replied “I’m only 13…” “Oh” Aya giggled to herself “Errmm, just it's usually everyone who mistakes my age and .. well .. ermm... there's me doing it to you” "When will you learn to control yourself!" Her internal monologue rebuked. Vyrtew was looking looking down into the bowls of ice cream , vanilla with chocolate sprinkles, and pushing one towards Aya “Here,one for you” he swirled his spoon around “So how come you’ve stayed around Starting City?”

Aya contemplated staring through him for what seemed to her like an eternity remembering. She snapped out of her trance “Erm I went out to start with but I was lucky or maybe I was stupid... Anyway and after a day I came back into the city I saw many players who weren't coping so decided to make some friends,support people a bit, but they all moved on some to the front lines some are no longer with us...” She trailed off staring into the Ice cream which was melting slightly in the heat of the café. Spooning off the creamy liquid and slurping it off.

I guess I'll go back out there one day , now I'm better prepared" she looked up at Vyrtew.

Edited by Aya